Canadiens post historic W

5526344

The renewed history of hockey in Winnipeg began with a 5-1 win by the Canadiens.
Michael Cammalleri (who was Third Star of a game in which he played 4:22) scored the Habs’ first goal of the season before he was injured.
And Carey Price was All-World again.

Win was special for Price (photo by Marianne Helm/Getty Images)

Pat Hickey’s game story

Dave Stubbs on Winnipeg hockey history

Bruce Arthur’s take

Jack Todd trashes Cherry

Pierre Ladouceur’s game grades

Yvon Pedneault on the game

1. kempie says:

Sooooo, not much cookin’ today huh? One thread? Stolen papers? I need a nap.

2. Sean Bonjovi says:

Since it’s always on topic I’ll post a message for Mike Boone & Co. to take to their next meeting with management.
    – Your pay-wall will NOT force me to subscribe to your newspaper, but it WILL prevent me from clicking on any links and surfing the Gazette website after I have read a Gazette hockey story.

I don’t think for a second that reason, or hard numbers could ever change the mind of a corporate-middle-manager, but if anyone involved with the production of Hockey I/O wants to sound smart on the record they should draft a memo to management requesting stats that prove, or disprove the idea that “glorious riches” from thousands of new Gazette subscriptions offset the lost ad revenue from decreased web traffic.

P.S. I hate myself for wasting the time it took to write this.

“Andrei Kostitsyn is a better hockey player than Max Pacioretty”
    – Sean Bonjovi

I like how the NHL is now showing Regulation plus overtime wins as well as Shootout won/loss records in the standings.

• Sean Bonjovi says:

That’s far too complicated. Americans will stop watching hockey now.

P.S. I just realised that your avatar has TWO Hs. Trippy!

“Andrei Kostitsyn is a better hockey player than Max Pacioretty”
      – Sean Bonjovi

4. ZepFan2 says:

Congrats to Anthony Calvillo!

———————————————————————-
    Welcome to the newer NHL: The National Headshot League.

5. Avs shoutout the Bruins in their own building 1-0. Whoa!!!

6. showey47 says:

sweet, av’s beat the bruins.

7. Neutral says:

if you want a tough guy, mcgrattan can go with the best of them but the NHL is trying to get rid of that.

8. Thomas Le Fan says:

Why do we use plus-2 (for instance) instead of merely plus 2? The first looks like plus minus 2. Never mind fighting, algebra has no place in our game! ;)

9. dhenry1234 says:

Glad to see the Booins losing 1-0 against colorado. Hopefully the Avs can keep it up for 10 more minutes.

Arrrrrgggggooooosss suck!

11. dhenry1234 says:

For those that don’t want to pay 6 bucks to read a few paragraphs.

The National Hockey League returned to Winnipeg Sunday, but the Canadiens spoiled the party by beating the Jets 5-1 before a packed house at the MTS Centre. Goaltender Carey Price was outstanding, but he had plenty of support. Tomas Plekanec scored a goal and added two assists while Travis Moen, who moved up to the top line after Michael Cammalleri suffered a leg injury in the first period, had a goal and an assist. Cammalleri, Yannick Weber and Max Pacioretty scored the other Montreal goals. Nik Antropov had the honour of scoring the Jets’ first goal.

Cammy makes history: Cammalleri went into the record book for scoring the first NHL goal in the MTS Centre when he picked off a pass by Johnny Oduya inside the blue line and beat Ondrej Pavelec at 3: 05 of the first period.

Early exits : ?The Canadiens played short two men after Cammalleri and Jaroslav Spacek left the game in the first period with injuries that a team spokesman described as “nothing dramatic.” Cammalleri’s injury looked dramatic as he was helped to the dressing room while holding his left knee.

He became tangled with the Jets’ Evander Kane while killing a penalty and a TV replay indicated he may have been cut by teammate Yannick Weber’s skate when he fell to the ice. Spacek suffered an upper-body injury on his second shift.

Price-less: Carey Price made 30 saves for the victory and there were a number of game-savers in that total. He stopped drives from the point by Dustin Byfuglien and Mark Stuart, and stretched out to make a glove save on a low shot by Nik Antropov. He had two impressive stops on Evander Kane. On the first, he displayed his skills as a juggler to stop Kane’s shot from the faceoff circle. In the third period, Kane had a freebie after Josh Gorges broke his stick, but Price made the glove save.

The killers: The Canadiens successfully killed off seven Winnipeg power plays, including a 5-on-3 advantage for 1: 19. And they came close to being credited with a shorthanded goal when Plekanec won an open-ice battle with Tobias Enstrom and went in alone to beat Pavelec for the Canadiens’ second goal. The score came two seconds after the expiration of a penalty to Scott Gomez. The Canadiens are a perfect 11-for-11 on the PK through two games.

Impressive upgrades: Moen took Cammalleri’s place on the line with Plekanec and Erik Cole and he showed a deft touch as he blew past two defenders and beat Pavelec. Weber started at forward but, for the second consecutive game, he was pressed into service as a defenceman. He had a goal and an assist, blocked two shots and was a plus-2 on the night.

What’s next: After a day off to give thanks for a split of the first two games, the Canadiens are back on the ice in Brossard on Tuesday to prepare for their home opener Thursday night against the Calgary Flames. It’s the start of a three-game homestand with Colorado at the Bell Centre on Saturday and the Buffalo Sabres next Tuesday.

phickey@ montrealgazette.com

So Columbus day in the U.S. Is worthy of 4 matinees, but our Thanksgiving day doesn’t get 1 yah why would the NHL start a cdn thanksgiving day tradition, that would only promote hockey in Canada.

13. showey47 says:

Betts claims he is OK to play but the habs feel he is injured enough to not even keep him till he gets ready to play? Weird. Maybe they didn’t want another BGL fiasco.

14. HabsFanMTL says:

does this mean they are happy with the big tall youngster on fourth line?

15. dhenry1234 says:

anyone know how to get around that stupid gazette sports section restraint?

16. HabsFanMTL says:

we sent Blair Betts back to the flyers

17. ZepFan2 says:

From TSN: “The Jets’ NHL return was spoiled but the Habs did lose Mike Cammalleri and Jaroslav Spacek to injury.

Yup, there’s absolutely NO bias from TSN when it concerns the Habs.

———————————————————————-
    Welcome to the newer NHL: The National Headshot League.

• HardHabits says:

ZF. Dude. How is that bias? And how is that bias from TSN? I mean I do recognize that they have a woody for the Leafs and all but as I’ve read it most press releases are saying the same thing.

Are you referring to this AP article?

• ZepFan2 says:

Okay, maybe not bias. Morbid hatred might fit better.

They make it seem like a consolation. All that’s missing is the, ‘at least’, from the title.

Hey Jet’s fans, you lost, but at least the Habs lost two players to injury.

———————————————————————-
        Welcome to the newer NHL: The National Headshot League.

• HardHabits says:

OMFG!!! I re-read it again and I see what you’re saying. Hilarious. OK. Not funny.

Can you link to the TSN article? I’d like to see it in context.

• ZepFan2 says:

It’s the title to a highlight video clip.

———————————————————————-
            Welcome to the newer NHL: The National Headshot League.

• HardHabits says:

That’s the only place I saw it too. It’s the tag line for that video on other sports sites as well.

IMO the headline wasn’t read twice by the author. I am sure it wasn’t intended as it sounds. Crazy nuance though.

• ZepFan2 says:

Yeah, I had to read it twice. It caught me off guard.

I ‘m hoping you’re right about not being proofread.

———————————————————————-
            Welcome to the newer NHL: The National Headshot League.

Also… NESN just showed Horton getting nailed by whoever wear 44 on the Avs team. Was beautiful to watch. Chara just can’t take a hit.

For all the Matt Cooke lovers.

20. LA Loyalist says:

Ryan O’Byrne apparently just crushed Chara in the AVs > Bruins game.

Good thing we got rid of that bum.

• HardHabits says:

It appears he drew a penalty too.

18:08 HIT COL #3 O’BYRNE HIT BOS #33 CHARA, Def. Zone
      18:04 PENL BOS #33 CHARA Cross checking(2 min), Off. Zone Drawn By: COL #3 O’BYRNE

• MilaKunis says:

Yup. And Chara took a penalty for retaliating.

• The Dude says:

I bet you he did it for Patches… Yep O’Byrne,LaPierre and Latendresse and Riberio…how nice of us to develop this talent”wish we had them now”

• Shane1313 says:

Are you serious? Do you actually want these guys back?
        I wouldn’t want the last three. Maybe OB, but he is still nothing special and one hit doesn’t mean anything.

• awwww man whyd you have to go and do that?

• The Dude says:

I effing want them back with McGrattan and McCabe…lol

• HardHabits says:

It’s one substantial hit more than we’ve seen from the Habs so far, well apart from Emelin. Besides take TD’s rants with a grain of salt. He’s a joker and gets a rise out of responses like yours.

I’d like to have O’Byrne, McDonagh and Komisarek, well Komi if he hadn’t had been so maligned by his Lucic encounter as a Hab, because that is some serious size on the back end.

I like Bournival so the OB trade looks like it might be a great one long term. That is still an egg in a basket who’s chicken hasn’t hatched yet so we can’t really count that trade as won or lost for the Habs but it does look like a very good short term one for Colorado

I think Gomez could have been had without giving up McD as it was an obvious salary dump for the Rangers.

Komi was ruined by his beat down from Lucic on and after Chara rag dolled him and he high-sticked Lucic cutting his cheek in the process he was damaged goods for the Habs. IMO he bolted because he was tired of being a punching bag for the team.

Case of the coulda, shoulda, wouldas.

• Shane1313 says:

AH, thanks for clearing up. I have a quick response when it comes to getting guys back that never worked before. Better work on that. And Komi, you got it exactly. I used to love him.
            And Im not sure if it’s just me, but Emelin looked good. I like that he’s physical and a pretty good skater too.

• LA Loyalist says:

“One hit doesn’t mean anything”?

Maybe so, but it’s one hit more than our entire team put on Chara last year.

You sound like a big figure skating fan, actually.

• habstrinifan says:

Wouldnt you prefer to have O’Bryne rather than Campoli or spacek or ?

• Psycho29 says:

You have got to be kidding…
        In hindsight sure it would be nice to have O’B with the injuries to our D.
        So if I understand right, you would want Yappy, Tenderflake and faker Ribiero on this team???? I was glad to see all three go….

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

• Bouleau noir says:

Never cared about Lapierre, irritates than hides is a bad formula. Latendresse, he stopped standing in front of the opposition’s net as soon as the pre-saison games were over and got promoted.
        O’Byrne was a big body but had my doubts when he turtled against Shawn Thornton….. against that we got Bournival who will have a long carreer with the CH.
        Ribeiro should have been kepted, his departure decreased our scoring depth at center for the season, Plek was too green to play the second line center at this moment….. accordingly we didn’t make the playoffs that season.

• Timo says:

He did not fit the munchkin criteria.

• Tharsis says:

I just saw the hit, very nice.

Douchebag Chara gets up and starts repeatedly hacking away at O’Byrne…very classy move.
      ———————————-

Fate leads the willing, and drags along the reluctant.

21. habsolutely416 says:

white, moen, mcgratton on the 4th line….not bad..hope PG grabs him

ill be in the slot ;)

22. showey47 says:

Fot those who are feeling guilty about all the over eating you did this thanksgiving weekend and wish you could empty your stomach. Bell is showing the avs vs bruins on channel 426 with the nesn feed.

23. BJ says:

Is the Alouettes game anywhere on the internet?

24. rogieshan says:

Was it just me, but didn’t the arena PA announcer in Winnipeg sound exactly the same as the one in Toronto on opening night? Why do they all need to be so ‘rock-em-sock-em’ and generic sounding?

• Danno says:

I noticed that too. It must be the NHL that pre-taped the intro with the same “MONSTER TRUCK SUNDAY” announcer.
      This is more of Bettman’s gimmickery. The NHL almost always promotes classless hype and crass commercialism at the expense of the game’s integrity.
      Why couldn’t a person with a good, normal voice have done the intro? It sounded like a bad joke in both Toronto and Winnipeg and took away some of class of the historic evening.

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

• LA Loyalist says:

I’ve been meaning to ask you guys – do Canadian teams have “ice girls”? i.e. babes with boobs and crop tops who come out during commercial breaks (on skates, really) with snow shovels and wiggle around shoveling snow? Ducks and Kings do. The Ducks ones are cuter.

Is this a Gary B thing? Or is it ubiquitous and I need to get out more?

• HardHabits says:

In Montreal we have a crew of Glad Garbage Men. Or maybe they’re Ghostbusters.

Nope not in Montreal. In Montreal the babes are all in the stands, or table dancing at any number of numerous gentlemen clubs across the city

• LA Loyalist says:

We actually had a bunch of 20 year old female production assistants dancing on the tables at a wrap party in a resto on St. Laurent which shall remain nameless, though it’s just about Sherbrooke on the west side… One of my finest memories of Montreal :-)

• HardHabits says:

I’ve forgotten too many of my finest memories.

• showey47 says:

LOL,i agree dave. Alot of forgotten memories from my early 20’s. Some are probably much better off that way.

• Trisomy 21 says:

They have ice girls at the Saddledome in CGY.

• Miltie01 says:

The PA announcer in Toronto is Andy Frost……..don’t care much for his announcing at the ACC, but has been the DJ for Pschycadelic Sundays on Q107 in TO for years…..a very good radio show….at least for the longest time it was.

25. habsolutely416 says:

hmmmmm brian mcgratton on waivers?

ill be in the slot ;)

26. Bripro says:

Thank goodness for RDS’s Canadien Express. Such poor scheduling for yesterrday’s game. I guess the NHL doesn’t care about Canadian Thanksgiving. At least I got to watch an abbreviated version late last night.

27. Habby says:

Can someone explain why the Bruins are above us in the standings table even though we have the exact same stats? Is it some alphabetical order thing? Is this a new way to screw us?

And I’d like to say I am much happier that we got our first win of this season in such a big game rather than against those Leafs.

The drive for 25 is alive!

• Everlasting1 says:

I gather it’s because they are the defending SC Champs.

——————————————————————-
      When the Hebrew scouts investigate the Promised Land of Canaan and return to discourage the other Hebrews from entering it..”We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them.” [Numbers 13:33]

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

• TOEmastro says:

It actually IS alphabetically ordered. For all intents and purposes, we are absolutely tied

Olé, olé, olé oleé

28. JohnBellyful says:

JM, being the nice guy that I am, I’m going to give you one more chance to heed my advice. And if Suggestion No. 127 ends up in the waste basket like all the others, well, …I’ll be miffed. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
    Okay, here’s what I’m thinking: It’s obvious the team can’t handle the rough stuff. I’m not saying the team is soft or lacks grit, but for whatever reason the players are falling like Pouliots and taking up residence in Sick Bay.
    So don’t even bother trying to match the other teams’ physicality. Order your players not to go into the corners and to stay clear of heavy traffic. Chip and run, dump and bail. Let the other team exhaust themselves chasing the puck while your players conserve their energy for a big third period push.
    Wait, there’s more, and it’s the key: psychological warfare. Every face-off, every stoppage, have your players sidle up to their opponents and begin making all sorts of statements and accusations that are certain to put a player off his game. Nothing racist or sacrilegious, of course. That’s cheap trash talk and has been going on for years without material impact on the outcome of a game.
    What I’m talking about is the REAL stuff, the kind military forces around the world use, information that only intensive research can uncover – deep, dark secrets that can unsettle the mind when whispered in close quarters.
    You have a scouting staff, use them wisely. Don’t waste their time in rinks. Have them visit the old haunts of opponents, and get them talking to neighbours, ex-girlfriends and drinking buddies who know all about Billy’s youthful indiscretions before he was drafted in the first round. The silly pranks that caused millions of dollars in property damage, the unwise investments, the embarrassing video clips and photos waiting to be posted on YouTube, the puerile attempts at poetry – all grist for the mill to grind down an opponent’s mental defences.
    The normal reaction of victims will be either a diminished performance, or a stupid penalty, with more to follow, as more sordid details are shared during stoppages in play.
    Too Machiavellian, perhaps? Well, is it any worse than a stick or elbow to the head? The intent is to same, to induce a change in behaviour. But with this, there’s no lasting trauma (that can’t be corrected with therapy) and there’s no obvious foul deserving of a penalty.
    PK, PP, and now PW. One more tool in the toolkit.
    I should tell you: If I don’t get a reply by 4 this afternoon, I’m sending this idea out – miffingly – to one of the Habs’ most hated rivals.
    BTW, belated Thanksgiving best wishes.

• BJ says:

The top of your commentary sounds like hockey’s version of rope a dope. I liked your evaluation. I’m in total agreement with you but would have expressed it differently. Simply put we are getting killed, mauled and physically wasted. I wonder why our resident Broccoli King GM is the only one to whom this is not apparent?

29. Flabadagub says:

What is Whites injury? Groin? When did it happen?
    Thanks.

30. AK_PK_Usay says:

Enqwist (not sure how to spell his name) but yeah, he was MUCH better last game than the 1st, he might yet turn out to be a decent 4th liner.

Hope Eller is not rushed, i want him back asap, but id rather he comes back 100%.

Emelin was better than Spacho by a wide margin, he even pitched in on the offense a few times.

Cammy was a freak injury, but at least its not too serious. Spacho getting injured isnt exactly surprising anyone?

Cole has good explosion but his passing is brutal. He should just shoot

31. TINMAN17 says:

So, if Weber is going to replace Spacek, what two forwards replace he and Cammy? I know AK will move up so don’t yell at me that I am considering a youngster on the top line, just saying now there are two forward spots to fill. Trotter and Palushaj?

Born and Bred in Enemy Territory (Boston).

• showey47 says:

Trotter got 4 points in his first game in hamilton so he might get the first look.

• TINMAN17 says:

That would be awesome if some how he came up and turned into an offensive juggernaut, not saying it will happen, but hey they’re called dreams, right? Who else? Palushaj, Blunden?

Born and Bred in Enemy Territory (Boston).

• M.Neil says:

with Cammy out for three weeks? if it’s just a matter of filling in a hole why not slip Gallagher in for a while, bring in Palushaj also.

• Trisomy 21 says:

Junior players can’t be called up like AHL players can. Additionally the window to sign a contract has closed for Gallagher. Don’t forget that Eller has been cleared for contact, I expect him to centre the third line and Tits or Double D will move up to the first line. Which is unfortunate, I was really looking forward to having our third line of the the tall blond with Double D, Tits. Oh well 2 more weeks

32. habs001 says:

The pk for the habs seems to be in the same form as last year and i believe will remain in the top 8…A big key will be consistent pp production because we hope that 5 on 5 scoring will improve but i am not sure it will improve by significant amounts..the d looked good yesterday but we will need other d in the lineup as weber,diaz and emelin have not played a long condensed sched where they get pounded every night…the faceoffs were better yest and after plecks lost a faceoff in his zone but the whistle blew martin sent out enquist ..martin needs to do more of this

33. habs-hampton says:

On the Bouchard suspension. If the suspension is upheld does that mean that any 4-minute minor (because if you draw blood, that’s an injury), is going to result in a suspension. I’ve watched the video a dozen times and I can’t really see any intent, so this is sending a precedent that is going to result in a hundred 2-game suspensions this season.

I’m all for suspending for head-shots, but this is going to get ugly.

• TOEmastro says:

I think he got the suspension because he whacked him in the face with a swing rather than losing control of your stick and clipping the guy. Watch it one more time knowing that his explanation was “I was trying to hit him in the hands but I missed”

Olé, olé, olé oleé

34. MikeMcLaren says:

Okay, I need some rule clarifications:

How exactly does that Junior-age player playing under 9 games and being exempt from pro-status work, exactly?

Does it have to be a contiguous stretch?

Could, if injuries continued to hamper the team, either Beaulieu and/or Gallagher be called up? If they are around for 3 games, for instance, can they be sent back to their Junior teams and be called up again for 6 more games?

I’m not in favor of hampering development, of course, but if you look at physically-still-a-boy-but-quite-talented Ryan Nugent-Hopkins’ example last night, it is a young man’s league now.

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

35. Gerry H says:

At least twice during the broadcast of yesterday’s game, someone said that Markov wasn’t even skating on his own. We know he had been before the setback, but is it true that he’s now off skates?

• HabFab says:

Every reporter covering the Habs that I have read, report him skating alone. Those TV guy’s yesterday do not cover the Habs.

• Trisomy 21 says:

HabFab’s correct. I heard that too last night, it was just a typical running your mouth without knowing facts by Glen Healy. He was just looking to make mountains out of mole hills and create major issues that the Canadiens will be facing.

Btw, can we end Pleks on the point on PP experiment? Seriously. It does not look good. Gill looks better on a point than Pleks.

Also, JM kept stubbornly put pleks with whoever out there on a first wave while it appeared that Gomer’s line was actually able to create the most chances (of the very few) on man advantage.

• TINMAN17 says:

Totally agree, are best player looks like crap on the point. Give Diaz more of a look out there. PK, Weber, Gorges, Emelin, Diaz and maybe AK should be are only options. AK sems to have a harder shot than Pleks, so IMO he’s the only forward who should get a chance, but his defense? Don’t grab that water bottle just yet, Carey.

Born and Bred in Enemy Territory (Boston).

• habs001 says:

we can try the other players onn the point but Gorges has been tried several times in the last 2 years with no results…Gorges on the pp is to prevent shorthanded goals not to provide any scoring…

• Bripro says:

Dude, have you seen AK’s defensive skills?
        We don’t want him on defense. I love the guy, very talented. He’s good value for the money compared to many, but not on D. Pleks is there because he’s one of the best two-way players in the league.

• TINMAN17 says:

I know, Bri, that’s what I meant about not reaching for the water bottle yet. There has to be another quality D-man out there with a heavy somewhat accurate shot! What about a swap of a couple AHL-ers to get Hanisey back?

Born and Bred in Enemy Territory (Boston).

37. M.Neil says:

I don’t post here often because honestly I don’t often have anything interesting to say unless I’m drunk or upset about something. However, after watching the game live on CBC from Winnipeg last night, I’ve come to the conclusion that the NHL executive robs us, Canadians of Canada, the one truly National sport of Hockey.

What I mean is, it felt like Winnipeg was given a present of having an NHL team, like it was some kind of gratuitous favour from the NHL, a lopsided league that favour American cities that have about as much interest in Hockey as they do listening to Obama making a blunt call on Congress to enact his $447 billion package of tax cuts and new government spending. I can’t understand how Quebec city, Hamilton, a city in the Atlantic provinces like Halifax, and in the west like Regina, can’t get an NHL team.

I would love to see a lot more representation of Canadian cities in the NHL since half if not more NHL players are Canadian, just about every Canadian hockey teams seats are filled on most nights unless they are playing the Blue Jackets, Predators, Panthers, Wild, Coyotes and Hurricanes. We Canadians are getting the short end of the stick, like about 6 inches of it.

So I say to you fans in Winnipeg, nice to have you back in the fold, it is not your luck or being fortunate to have your team, it is your Birth Right just as it should be for the rest of Canadians in their respective Provinces and cities to be represented in the NHL. GO JETS GO.

• Timo says:

Dude, have you been to Regina?

• Max_a_million says:

The issue is television dollars. Filling stadiums is nice and helpful and all, but big time revenue has to come from television. Canada is saturated CBC, TSN, RDS are not paying more for more teams, they already show wall to wall hockey and one more team does not change that. So as much as we all love having more teams in Canada (I do support this a lot), it doesn’t lead the NHL anywhere financially. A successful team in Phoenix leads to a ‘new’ television contract with more money coming in. In many ways this sucks that it is the way it is. Financially this is the way it is.

although with no US owners available right now, the prospect of Quebec City at least filling its stadium and not being a drag on the league bode well for a move there soon.

• M.Neil says:

I guess your right about television contracts in the States, but they can’t be that great since I doubt there is any television audience in say Colombus Ohio to begin with. What might be better is to have a Canadian team in Halifax take their place and have a better television audience from the Atlantic provinces watching commercials that are local, not national. To me the whole TV thing has killed local commercials in favour of playing the same lucrative national commercials over and over again.

38. HabFab says:

From DDD ; http://www.yourcanadiens.info/

Injury Updates

Cammalleri, M – Left Leg Laceration, out ~2 weeks.
    Campoli, C – IR, Torn Hamstring, out long-term.
    Eller, L – Shoulder, to return Oct 13 or 15.
    Markov, A – IR, Knee, out ~1-2 months.
    Spacek, J – Upper Body, day-to-day.
    White, R – IR, Lower body, out indefinitely.

Bishop, H – IR, Injured in preseason, long-term.
    Fortier, O – Unknown injury, practicing, no contact.
    Leblanc, L – Shoulder, practicing, no contact.
    Nash, B – IR, Shoulder surgery Sept 21, long-term.

• Timo says:

of all i am most bummed about White. Will we see him this calendar year?

• NoTinFoilCups says:

Thanks for the injury update.

Nice too see Emelin get a chance to play. Take your sweet time healing up there Spatcho. Yemmy will be just fine and a welcome upgrade on our soft D. All he needs is a few games to adjust. Spacek spending some time in the pressbox and used in a utility role would be ideal.

What a tough break for Nash considering his late development.

39. HabFab says:

Dave Stubbs tweets;
    Expect to hear nothing official from #Habs today about Cammalleri or Spacek. Team resumes practice tomorrow

19 minutes ago

40. HabFab says:

Well, it appears the yelling Walsh was doing re his clients suspension by Shanahan, has him an appeal hearing today at 11am. Bettman to referee (yukyuk!)
    A Pandora box has been opened.

Original suspension; http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=595251

41. Thomas says:

Hey guys, does anyone know how to go about getting tickets for the game Nov. 5 in NY vs the Rangers. I’ve tried ticket master but can’t find anything good, any other places you’d recommend?

42. Jim Edson says:

Whenever assessing what Cherry says first consider the source.

Whenever assessing what Jack Toad says first consider the source.

Both are self promoting low life’s one who lives solely to make money period and one who passionately derides anyone making over the minimum wage!

———————————————————————-

Who am I: Mohamar Ghadaffi or Gary Bettman.

• Thomas Le Fan says:

When assessing your opinion what shall we consider?

• Jim Edson says:

That my opinion is just that and no attempt at commercial or philosophical benefit is derived from it!

———————————————————————-

Who am I: Barak Obama or Gary Bettman.

• Thomas Le Fan says:

Fair enough but many people make money off of their opinions. Are you as hard on, say, Jon Stewart or Sean Hannity or Michael Moore or Rush Limbaugh or Sean Penn for instance as you would be on Jack Todd. Could it be just those you disagree with that we should “consider the source”? I think it goes without saying that we should not just “consider the source” of any opinion but also the veracity. No? Some opinons can be backed up and others are merely opinions. For instance, if your opinion is that green is the nicest colour, that’s a matter of taste and not really disputable thing. However, if it’s that the Leafs are the best team ever, this can be verified and facts can be checked. ;)

43. habsnyc says:

what sportswriting credibility does todd have that he now thinks he can be a media critic?

these injuries are going to cost a ton of money because price will carry this team for the next month and will be in a very strong bargaining position as an RFA.

if martin manages to ride price to a .500 record for the next month, management will be thrilled.

i would love to see pax lead this team in goals.

44. SeriousFan09 says:

Announcing the Starting Lineup for Habs Future 2011-12, which will have it’s 1st edition on October 17th.

Hamilton Bulldog
    RW Alex Avtsin, LW Alain Berger, RW Mike Blunden, G Peter Delmas, C Phillip DeSimone, C Gabriel Dumont, D Mark Mitera, C Joonas Nattinen, RW Aaron Palushaj, RW Brock Trotter
    Injured: C Louis Leblanc, D Brendon Nash
    C Andreas Engqvist may return if he doesn’t stick in MTL.

CHL: D Nathan Beaulieu, LW Olivier Archambeault, D Darren Dietz, D Jarred Tinordi, RW Brendan Gallagher, D Morgan Ellis, C Michael Bournival.

NCAA: C Mark MacMillan, RW Danny Kristo, D Greg Pateryn, D Mac Bennett, LW Steve Quailer, C Dustin Walsh

Czech Extraliga: C Daniel Pribyl

Swedish Elitserien: D Magnus Nygren

KHL: RW Maxim Trunev

Demotions from Habs Future based on talent re-evaluation: Phillippe Lefebvre, Andrew Conboy, Robert Mayer

Removals based on Trade/KHL Contract (Cough): Mathieu Carle, Karri Ramo.

Promoted out due to prescence on Main Club: Max Pacioretty, Yannick Weber, David Desharnais, Ryan White, Alexei Emelin.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
    SF09 on Twitter

45. Frank2468 says:

It seems that Cammalleri will be out for a couple of weeks thats the current scuttlebutt but does anyone have an idea on Spacek and how long? Wow game 2 and our defense is dropping like files Markov still out Campoli out couple for a couple of months and Spacek who knows? And White is out and so is Eller and the biggest insult yet Betts hiding how serious his injury is so can come over and sit on the Habs injured reserves list?! I think Bettman needs to implement a no hitting policy when it comes to the Habs? Does anyone know the life expectancy of a defense man on the Habs? Maybe the Habs organization should remove the crest off the sweaters of all the players on the Habs cause it would seem the rest of the league is using it as a target instead? Anyway it’s looking like another nail bitting year to the 8th place finish maybe? I hope?.

46. 100HABS says:

Happy to see that we are solidly set in a playoff position (8th place). Looking forward to the first round against Pittsburgh.

Unless of course something changes between now and the next 80 games.

47. rhino514 says:

Everybody and his mother knows Chara had the Pacioretty hit filed away in the back of his head when he hit him. Why is Cherry being attacked for insinuating that? It´s one of those situations where it can never be proven, but everyone knows he was thinking about it. You can say the rest of his speech was a foolish diatribe but I don´t understand the fuss over that comment. Most commentators in north america will never say anything which they can´t cover themselves with and the result is no one ever states an opinion that hasn´t been watered down so as not to offend anyone at all. even if half of what he says is foolish and out of touch, I rather have someone who speaks his mind than an endless sea of commentators who only say politically correct things and provide nothing enlightening.

48. Hobie Hansen says:

Montreal showed yesterday that again they possess the ability to play well in big games and pressure situations. Winnipeg isn’t exactly as tough an opponent as Boston or Philadelphia but it was still a good win.

On the heals of another injury to Cammalleri, who cares about Spacek, and also losing Betts back to the Flyers because he’s damaged goods, I was pondering what the Canadiens should do over the next 5 months to improve their roster.

We saw yesterday, and in the playoffs the last couple years that when the stakes are high we are right there and are perhaps on the cusp of greatness.

The 1993/94 Rangers were a bit different than the Habs of today because they were usually finishing atop their division. However, they still couldn’t get over the playoff hump.

It was deemed that they didn’t quite have the grittiness to go four rounds in the playoffs, so they addressed the situation by trading some offense for grittiness.

In March of 1994 The Rangers traded Matt Oates and Tony Amonte to Chicago for Stepahne Matteau and Brian Noonan. Both Noonan and Matteau were lifetime grinders and instantly provided the Rangers with element they were looking for. Matteau also scored some huge overtime goals for the Rangers en route to their Stanley Cup victory.

So I think Montreal should trade a Desharnais, Kostitsyn, LeBlanc or a high draft pick in separate trades or a package deal for a couple players like Noonan and Matteau.

Take a team like the Dallas Stars, maybe they’re in the same situation as last year at the deadline and we can offer them Kostitsyn, Leblanc and a high draft pick for Brendan Morrow and Steve Ott, just in time for the playoffs.

• CanadienBoy says:

Or a Yvon Lambert or Doug Riseboroug ,hell Terry Harper anybody in those type of guys

• habsnyc says:

dude, the trick is finding the messiers and leetches, not in finding the matteaus.

i totally agree that the year after montreal has a hart winning hof center and a norris winning hof dman, wins the presidents trophy, has a 50 goal scorer and an all-star goalie they should trade the future to address their third line needs.

but so far all they have is the goalie part.

• Hobie Hansen says:

That’s a good point and I respect it for sure. But like I said in my original comment, we’re close because of a well balanced team.

And If you’re expecting Leetch or Messier on this team you could be waiting an awfully long time because as you know the Canadiens management will never allow them to fall to last place to get an early 1st round pick. So we’ll never have a Messier or Leetch.

• HardHabits says:

The Habs are going to need to play smart and keep their spidey-sense on full alert because we know that every team is going to take pot shots and runs at them when they can.

The difference between yesterday’s game and the one against Toronto is that yesterday when the opponent scored and the house exploded the Habs didn’t wilt. They also cashed in on the power play and buried their chances. Kudos to those tenacious little b*ast*rds. I think another major difference is PK decided to play defense and not try to carry the team’s offence on his shoulders.

But let’s face it. The Jets are not a play-off team. I’ll reserve my euphoria for after when the Habs have played the Pens, Caps, Flyers, Bruins and Sabres, if it’s warranted by then.

I just hope that Markov, when he returns, remains durable enough for a play-off run.

• habsnyc says:

there is supposition that somehow montreal through they are not close to winning the conference, the division or even host a round of the playoffs are close to winning the Cup. everyone is tantilizingly close because of salary cap madated parity and the loser point.

i think montreal should have outbid columbus for jeff carter then demoted gomez to the ahl. i think should not have signed cole. i think they should have been more aggressive in trying to obtain young players from chicago as they dismantled the team. i think they should have kept their younger players like latendresse, d’agistino, lapierre and kostitsyn.

but management wants a bunch of robots who can hit 6th place. given the amount of money for which this team was recently sold, there too many wildcards in my way of doing things for management to even consider it. i am in the business of dreaming about winning championships. they are in the business of selling hockey tickets. you are right. management will mortgage the future to make the playoffs but will not give up on a season to rebuild.

• HardHabits says:

Truer words than what you just said are a rarity here. At least in my opinion.

Mention size and grit and people here will say the Habs don’t need an enforcer or a goon.

Mention not mortgaging the future to make the playoffs but giving up on a season to rebuild and people will say the Habs don’t tank.

Habs fans want their cake and eat it too but end up scrambling for stale left over crumbs.

• why cant we have our cake and eat it?

never understood this expression

its my damn cake!

49. HabFab says:

In reference to the talk about call-ups from Hamilton, hasn’t Eller been cleared to play on Thursday?

• Bill J says:

Good point re the Cammalleri injury…. But the Spacek one ?
      Weber moves back to D, but leaves a spot open on the 4th offensive line.

If you want to add an avatar here, read this and follow the steps

• HabFab says:

Good point right back at you, however no word yet how serious Spacek is hurt. He may be able to play having almost 96 hours to recover.

• Kooch7800 says:

i am not sure if i am hoping he is out for awhile or will be right back.

every time i have seen a game this year and he has got hit he looks like he is going to topple over and not get up. I think this injury has been building.

• Shane1313 says:

I think it may be a good thing for Weber to play his natural position. But what about getting Blunden on the 4th line for awhile. Some good size with Moen and Endqvist.

50. aversglay says:

Next time we play Winnipeg we need to make sure we don’t put out five skaters of our own when Johnny Oduya is on the ice. This game we got away with it, next time they will start handing out penalties.

51. adamkennelly says:

anyone who thinks this team does not lack toughness should take a look at the hit on Gio…our undersized captain gets smoked on an illegal hit and when PK goes to “challenge” the offender – Stuart brushes him off like he is some kid bothering him, complete with a shot to the head….Habs have zero respect from opponents in the physical department – zero….

• Bill J says:

Here I thought it was about winning the game.

If you want to add an avatar here, read this and follow the steps

• RGM says:

You silly person. You’ll notice that Herm Edwards doesn’t have a job these days, and he’s best known for saying “You play to win the game.” You think that it’s just a coincidence? He wasn’t focused on the important things, like making sure his team gets the upper hand during an after-the-whistle scrum.

———————–
        GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is our year!

• adamkennelly says:

one game does not a season make…zero respect from opponents means injuries and tough sledding for our skilled guys…but you know what counts…the big W in Oct – that’s what really counts…

• Bill J says:

One win at a time does a season make, I never said the Habs became Cup contenders based on one win.

However, you seem to insinuate lack of bruising players on the Habs roster as being an issue causing losses. Meanwhile, they won despite being bruised.

Weird how that worked out eh ?

If you want to add an avatar here, read this and follow the steps

• slapshot777 says:

Good Point Bill. Here we are talking about injuries and how we should have some bruising forwards to come to the aid of players like Gionta when he got a cheap shot.

The answer doesn’t have to lie in that bruising forward, it has to do with getting a good powerplay working that’s what will cut down on the crap players are trying to do. If you score enough on the powerplay then teams will be less inclined to take those same stupid penalties because they know that there is a good chance the Habs will score and that in itself will get them in hot water with their coach and probably less ice time.

Also, the injuries that we have incurred so far has very little to do with the bruising hits from our opponents. Cammy’s leg, fluke skate blade from teammate Weber, Campoli injury groin or hamstring got from skate catching a rut in the ice. Spacek is the only on so far with an injury from a check and that wasn’t the check itself but rather the dasher board.

Look at the other injuries:

White – Hamstring

Eller – Shoulder Surgery

Markov – Knee surgery (from coming back to early 1st time)

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

• CanadienBoy says:

What happen to fore checking ,no wonder we get no respect

• Sharks9 says:

It was a legal hit. Get over it.

25 before 14

52. Kooch7800 says:

I saw on sportsnet this morning that the habs returned Betts to Philly cause he was unfit to play. If he is injured how could Philly send him down to the minors? I thought you couldn’t send injured players down

• HabFab says:

This was discussed yesterday. Personally in light of Bettmans ruling that both teams acted in good faith. And a comment made by Betts that if he cleared waivers and got sent to the minors, he would be stuck there all season. I’m wondering if he hid or down played an injury to get picked up on waivers. But who knows!

53. TorontoHabsFan says:

If Spacek is out long term, I think Gauthier should kick the tires on McCabe…see if he isn’t available for $700k or so.

Although to be honest, I don’t think we’re all that awful on D and only need to hold the fort until Markov returns.

54. HabFab says:

For the Habs Prospect watchers, an update on Quailers suspension from Northeastern;

55. habstrinifan says:

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am making a VOW not to comment on this team (AFTER TODAY)..
    …. for rest of season.

I dont like the coach. I dont like how they play. Everthing about them seems more like a ‘collection of fit-ins’ rather than a team with specific parts molded together.

But for HEAVEN’S sake how can I, or anyone, be critical anymore. Every time you take a look, someone goes down with an injury or some other misfortune, and the ‘team’ is left scrambling to ‘reform’ itself.

So I will just watch the games, read the blogs and wish them well and hope they make the playoffs.

Too much stress and too unfair to do otherwise.

2 points in the bank…. that’s the way to look at it.

• Ian Cobb says:

Jameson,
      it is very frustrating watching this game being played differently than we want at times. Today the game is being played with different rules, speed and management structure, such as cap space etc.
      We know how we became the most successful as a franchise in years past. The most frustrating part of being a fan in today’s game, is remembering that it is a different game and some things can not be implemented as easily as in years past.

Hang in and enjoy my friend. And a very happy thanksgiving to everyone.

56. volcano62 says:

I have no idea why the Habs picked up that unknown defensmen when Mara is available as a FA.

• Bill J says:

It’s a PG rule “must only trade for Mara, never resign him”

In all seriousness though, Mara can’t be sent to AHL when Markov returns. Callahan can, and is currently in the AHL…

And I think Mara’s a smart guy, he knows he’s low man on the D depth pole in Montreal.

If you want to add an avatar here, read this and follow the steps

• habstrinifan says:

What unknow degenseman please?

Joe Callahan was signed for the purpose of Hamilton, he was signed to replace the depth missing upon Woywitka’s loss. I would think St. Denis would be the next logical call up unless another journeyman NHL damn is needed if Spacek is out long term.

Good news is Emelin looked okay and should only improve with more playing time.

57. DadidolizedDougHarvey says:

I dare say the term “historic” is a wee bit over-used. And I agree, we could improve our collective lives (?) if we stopped listening to Cherry’s braying.

58. Bill J says:

TSN 990 radio says the Cammy injury is a result of a laceration just above the knee. Blade was Weber’s skate.

If you want to add an avatar here, read this and follow the steps

59. JF says:

Does anyone know where to find the new RDS channel with Videotron?

At this rate of injury, one or two players per game joining the injury ranks, the Hamilton ranks will be depleted soon.

Palushaj will get some playing time now. And I hope AK stays on the 3rd line where he can excel. When he is up playing top 6, he and the whole line is always out of sinc for some reason. But he does bring the 3rd line up a notch.

The preparation, speed and intensity was three times better than the first game disaster.

Price was into his zone last night.
    Do we know the status of Cammilleri and Spachek yet?

61. jonnyp says:

Any word on Cammys or spacek injuries ??

62. Thomas Le Fan says:

Two things. Jack Todd is right on the mark and some people are never happy.

Go Habs!

63. jonnyp says:

Gomez looks like he’ll have another shitty year !!!

64. Chris says:

Oh dear…what are people going to do?

Jack Todd, who people here love to hate, is trashing Don Cherry, who people here love to hate.

My vote is on a temporary, 5 minute reprieve for Jack Todd. :)

65. DrA says:

Don’t look now, but the Evil Empire and us have exactly the same points in the standings. Can’t wait for the first game.

66. Neutral says:

shouldn’t be trashing anyone after only two games, usually takes around 20 to see how everyone is doing. whom ever is not doing good than, maybe a little trashing is deserved.

So given Habs will have to call up either Palushaj or Trotter. Would be nice if they could show well and we could use them as trade bait upon Cammi’s return. We have enough undersized but extremely talented forwards in junior (Bournival & Gallagher) and these particular forwards are unlikely to crack this NHL lineup, even if NHL ready we have enough players in that mold.

68. V says:

It’s a little galling to see some of us patting ourselves on the back over Don Cherry apparently saying Price is the best goalie in the world.

Let’s remember Cherry is the ‘puke and hypocrite’ he accuses others of being. Who cares what he thinks about Price or anything else?

69. top-cat says:

Does someone know the stats for Kostitsyn on right wing versus left wing? And comments on a line of Cole-Plecs-AK while Cammi is out.

70. JF says:

It was great to see the Habs for once bury so many of their chances (apart from the two goals Gomez put on Gionta’s stick). And all of them highlight-reel goals, Plekanec’s perhaps the most beautiful.

People who were trashing Erik Cole last night should remember that historically he’s a slow starter. Also, it could easily take a dozen games for him to build chemistry with his linemates. As for the argument that he needs Eric Staal to be productive, the second half of his difficult year in Edmonton was much better than the first. Patience.

On defence, I was impressed with both Diaz (who is quickly becoming one of my favourites – I love his enthusiasm and his “I sink…”) and Emelin, and I like Weber better on defence than as a forward. He’s not physically imposing but he’s stronger than he looks. With Spacek out, I could see Jacques Martin giving Frédéric St-Denis a try; I thought he looked positionally sound in training camp. But I would also like to see the return of Paul Mara. He’s big and tough, he can hit and clear the front of the net, he loved playing in Montreal, and he would accept being the odd man out when necessary.

Engqvist had a decent game. He needs to get faster, but he’s not often out of position and he won two-thirds of his faceoffs.

I can’t disagree with Don Cherry’s claim that Price is the best goaltender in the world. Or if he isn’t yet, he’s going to be. He’s so calm, so focused, and so efficient. Acrobatic goalies who fling themselves all over the place are fun to watch, but Price’s calm demeanor and economical movements are more reassuring. And he has gained incredibly in maturity over the past couple of years. I think the year he spent mostly on the bench watching Halak contributed to this. He became more determined to succeed, he lost that sense of entitlement the accolades he’d received all his life had given him, his work ethic improved, and he became a better team player. Gone are the days when he would direct angry looks at his defencemen after a goal.

• Chris says:

Couldn’t agree more regarding Cole. The past three seasons, it’s taken him somewhere from Game 20 to Game 30 to get it going. He is very Damphoussian in that regard. :)

Like you, I am also starting to like Diaz quite a bit. He’s not big, but he plays a feisty game. He took a couple of penalties last night for being a little too aggressive, but that’s okay…he’s got a learning curve ahead of him. Let’s hope the coaching staff gives the kids some rope.

As for Price, it is really hard to say where he ranks. There are so many excellent goalies, both young and old, in the NHL that are, at least in my opinion, somewhat interchangeable. Pekka Rinne, Jonathan Quick (he keeps getting threatened with losing his job and keeps playing well), Henrik Lundqvist, Ryan Miller, Roberto Luongo (as long as it’s not a road game in the playoffs!), Jonas Hiller, Marc-Andre Fleury…all of those guys could, on any given night, be justifiably annointed as the #1 goalie in the world. The league is so fortunate to boast such depth.

That being said, Price has turned the corner and looks to be an elite player. The cool under fire is fully in effect, and my own concern about him, his tendency to lose track of the puck so often, has largely disappeared now. I’m happy for the kid…he put up with a lot of derision, so it is great to see him earning the accolades now.

71. JohnBellyful says:

I could be wrong but according to my calculations — based on the current rate of attrition, the health histories and projected durability of the players still able to play including those on the farm team, the number of players with NHL experience who remain unsigned, and the notorious fickle finger of fate — the entire Montreal Canadiens’ lineup will be depleted by Game 43.
    This could pose a problem.

P.S. Nice win, boys.

Agree with Arthur, the Gionta call may be bad, but there was interference on Price during the lone Jets goal.

Reading the posts in “about last evening” I am guessing Gomez has to score a hat trick to pacify some. He is a play making centre, he made some very nice should be goal setups. He also is one of the few players we have that can skate the puck into opposing end. Yes he has flaws, but played well yesterday. Once we get Eller back we will have some much needed size back in the middle. Still not sold on Enqvist.

• Habsman1970 says:

I have to agree. Gomez was making some great passes, but there were no one there to collect, or, the timing was off from the receiver’s side. I think people are just riding the Gomez bandwagon now and not really seeing what’s going on at all times.

ONCE A HAB, FOREVER A HAB!!!

73. Lawrencetown Liquor Pigs says:

From where I sat, it was as boring as the game on Thursday. I don’t think the Canadiens played with much intensity, which is fine because it’s October. Take advantage of your chances and don’t lay it all out there. No worries.

____________________________________________________
    They lost me 2 quarts of rum, better make it up next year with a cup!

• Habziefan09 says:

You don’t think they played with much intensity? A 5-1 without intensity is impossible. You can certainly sit back and let them make the mistakes which they did. Did we play a perfect game.. no.. there is always room for improvement. I beleive the boys played well for game 2 of 82 with the adversity they have had to deal with thus far.. and that is what counts.

Remember, if we really knew about the game, we would be playing it.

____________________________________________________________
      Twitter: Habziefan09

Confucius says: “Baseball has it all wrong, Man with 4 balls cannot walk!”

74. moester says:

Ladouceur makes no sense with these ratings. The Habs played an overall strong game, yet most get barely passing grades. I think that most of his grades are randomly applied. 7.8? 7.1? Whats wrong with straight out letter grades? Why do you need to grade out of a hundred point scales? Who is he fooling with this decimal business?

While I somewhat agree with his assessments, I must say that he was overly tough on Spacek who was playing a very good game before being injured. Gomez who was much more effective than Desharnais who was given a 7.1 which is one tenth less and Gomez. Diaz who was very effective and who IMO was fantastic for a guy still getting used to the game. And Emelin who did everything that he needed to do and if he keeps up on this type of development will turn into a well rounded d-man with an edge.

Also kudos for Pednault for his balanced article.

75. G-Man says:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    Nice win despite the injuries and a few days to work on things in Brossard before the next game = Habs will be well prepared for Calgary.
    More questions regarding softness will be raised. Personally, I trust Downy, but that’s another story.
    More poll questions concerning JM’s coaching- you know, the “poor coach”, the one that juggled the lines and D after the injuries to help the Habs win? Him.
    Love these Mondays off.

76. RGM says:

I don’t see it as a jab at Todd at all – he did trash Cherry something fierce. By definition…”express a totally negative opinion of; “The critics panned the performance”” Would you not say that’s what he did?

———————–
    GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is our year!

77. kempie says:

“Cherry’s remarks could not have come at a worst time.”

Yes I smell a Pulitzer for him no doubt.

78. this is purely cynical speculation on your part

The agent was seen giving PG an envelope at his summer home in Vermont, don’t have the footage yet, working on it.

80. RGM says:

You know that old saying about what happens when you assume? Applies in spades here.

———————–
    GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is our year!

81. lats, entitled douchebag

laps, demanded a trade

ribs, disgrace to the jersey

grabs and sk, not sure which one was the bigger fruit

d’ags, who?

82. ZepFan2 says:

“I was easily confused in Grade 2 as well.”

Don’t worry, you’ll do better in Grade 3.

———————————————————————-
    Welcome to the newer NHL: The National Headshot League.

83. Neutral says:

Good post Shiloh

84. kempie says:

“Cherry’s remarks could not have come at a worst time.”

Gainfully employed maybe, but one of the worse in the business.

85. doug says:

Thank you for replying, stating your opinion succinctly, and doing so without personalizing it or insulting.

Insofar as the body of your thesis, Jack Todd’s first memories of the Canadiens were either the 1986 or 1993 Cup. I don’t like his columns, never have, nor anticipate that I will in the future. More of a Michael Farber guy, whose column he took over.

Good day and repeated thanks for taking the time to sit back, consider your opinion, and reply without emotion.

86. ZepFan2 says:

Haha

Nice.
    ———————————————————————-
    Welcome to the newer NHL: The National Headshot League.

87. HabFab says:

Don’t worry, you’ll forget about it once you grow up :)

88. HabFab says:

Damn! Now I’m going to have to keep that dictionary handy ;)

89. Bill J says:

I hope you stick around, welcome back.

If you want to add an avatar here, read this and follow the steps

80’s metal is so, how shall I say, not heterosexual. Black Sabbath was Ozzie’s only band.

91. dhenry1234 says:

lmao HH. I wonder if you’d have the, how shall I say, opposite of ovaries, to say that to Zakk Wylde.