Canadiens off on Monday

SubPrice
The team returns to practice Tuesday morning.
It’s an easy week leading up to the All-Star break: Only one game.
But the game is against the Detroit Red Wings.

Dave Stubbs on the Carey Price injury

Jack Todd on P.K. Subban

Red Fisher on playoff math

Quotes from the ACC room

Does break come at bad time?

SI power ratings

1. JUST ME says:

Something doesn`t make sense with Thomas`s comments.
    He won`t be seen with political figures may they be republicans or democrats cause they are responsible for the screwed up situation.

Meanwhile he is making gazillions of dollars in an equaly screwed up professionnal athletes system.
    Will he have the courage of his convictions and not show up in front of the Bruins net ?

It is not his role to make a statement . He is not shown at his best in this weird affair…

2. mb says:

Hey!

About 3 pages of comments with no mention about armchair GMs trades / Price s*cks / Trade PK / Fire PG…

Come on, that has got to be a record!

• Les Canayens says:

It’s a good day to be a Hab.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
      ☞ I can’t really hear what Jeremy says, because I’ve got my two Stanley Cup rings plugging my ears.☜

• Seps says:

It’s amazing what a win can do, maybe the Habs should try that more often…

#failfornail

3. --Habs-- says:

I have no problem with what Thomas did. Matter of fact I think its brave of him We don’t have much to say about politics beyond voting or actually becoming politicians but when we have a high profile athlete standing up and saying I have no respect for the job your doing is a good thing. The bottom line is he’s right!

• remi_10069 says:

Very fine line between courage and stupidity. TT’s obviously on the wrong side of it and anyone who thinks he’s not is right there with him. Forget his politics, he is paid good money to play goalie for the bruins and with that pay-cheque comes a job and that job includes shutting the f up when it comes to things that will alienate fans, teamates and people way more powerful than you in the organization.

Trade his stupid ass to winnipeg already.

pipes

• Seps says:

I would agree if this was some promotional thing for Obama, but bottom line is, it’s tradition and he’s congradualting them on winning, he’s not trying to get a vote from anyone with this, he’s just saying hey, good job guys. He should be there with the team. But I guess we’re talking about the same guy who wore a camo weird style hat to the Cup parade when everyone else was wearing the Champions hats.

#failfornail

4. Duracell3 says:

Someone asked about Boston’s owner (sorta) Jeremy Jacobs’ political affiliation(lots of pages);

George Bush, John Kerry, Mitt Romney, Hillary Clinton, Joe Lieberman, and John Edwards all make the list.

Funniest one on the list though, is a (R) named…you guessed it: Chris Lee. Probably has little hockey officiating experience however.

5. showey47 says:

Does this mean thomas is probably getting audited this year?

6. shootdapuck says:

Question:

Should Players under suspension be allowed to play in the All-Star Game?

PK Subban – Million Dollar Legs, a Ten Cent Brain and a Costly Attitude!

7. HNS says:

The President congratulated the Boston Bruins Team for being the Stanley Cup Champions and not for Thomas being the winning goaltender. Not attending is disrespectful to the Bruin organization and the NHL. Yea he has the right to not go, sure, but (deleted) and that won’t change. So, when Thomas said his decision was not a political one, please don’t insult people’s intelligence.

8. LL says:

Hilarious comments all around. Thank you TT.

9. Les Canayens says:

The Tim Thomas controversy completely overshadowed the most important news of today: who did we get in return for Tomas Kaberle from Boston? He is taking such a prominent place standing right behind Obama….OMG! We must have traded him for Tim Thomas! That explains why he was pulled just before the White House visit.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

10. LA Loyalist says:

What if an Innuit or Metis NHL Player won the cup and refused to meet the Prime Minister (of either party) to protest the political status of their social group?

Would that be ok? I’m not picking a fight, I’m curious if many are objecting at ANY mixing of politics and sport or just cherry picking.

• HardHabits says:

It depends. If they’re a Bruin then it’s a no-no. If it’s a Hab then it’s OK.

• LL says:

Cherry picking, because we hate the Bruins and Obama is black. Is that what you wanted to read? ;)

And when the Habs win, if Rene Bourque and Carey Price don’t shake Harpers’ (or whoevers’ hand), we’ll be OK with that.

• mb says:

I say don’t mix sports and politics.

I wrote earlier that to me, this event at the whitehouse is about tradition more than anything else. I don’t think it reveals your political views. Plus, just because you don’t like someone’s opinion doesn’t mean you have to snub him/her.

Much like if a player sat down and snubbed (sp?) the national anthem when it’s played. One thing I don’t get is that if TT refuses to show up at the whitehous, why in the world did he accept any Olympics invitation? To me, that’s like proving that he holds on to his beliefs, but not when he can actually win something or get a reward. Just my two cents, that’s what it looks like to me.

So, no. Don’t mix sports and politics. All it will lead to is controversy and extrapolated issues.

• HabFab says:

1- give you marks for perseverance. You take it whenever you bring up your beliefs.
      2- my opinion most of the objection is to a Bruin player (politics aside) and key one at that.
      3- you seem to have been a Canadian at one time. Not sure how long that you have been south.
      4- politically us and the Western Europeans are prepared to accept more Government control and to pay higher taxes to have a more equable society. Because you are not, it makes understanding from either side difficult. We don’t understand your values and vice verse.

11. BLACK ICE says:

Price should have broken Floppy’s face when picked that fight! Thomas is classless to say the least.

12. HNS says:

The difference between the GOP and Al Qaeda is……….location, location, location.

• Les Canayens says:

If the Soviet Union is still here they will remain allies.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

13. Mr_MacDougall says:

This Thomas garbage is not even interesting. Nobody in the mood for Habs talk?

14. Mr_MacDougall says:

Wow. Grammar.

Since your post is going to be deleted soon. All I can say to you is, “go eat poo poo you poo poo head.”

16. DorvalTony says:

So Muhammad Ali was a hero and Tim Thomas is a bigot? LOL

I link to http://whatreallyhappened.com/

If they are running it as a headline favourably I would presume Thomas is on the up and up. One thing Michael Rivero isn’t is a shill.

18. novahab says:

Well well. Mr Floppy doesn’t want to meet the president. Is it because he is a racist. Is he a christian right wing nut, who believes little children should die becuase they can’t get heatlh care. He’s ok with that because it’s keeps his taxes lower. I hate the Bruins, but I have to say I hate them so much more with this little sawed of piece of garbage in nets. I hope you get the big elbow and your career is over. I hope all those insides tips on the stock market you get from your crooked GOP friends go tits up. Nobody deserves to be a investor with Bernie Mader more than you.

19. neumann103 says:

I think he is entitled to his beliefs and if he wants to stay home that is fine. Silly but fine. I have to give him a little credit for not hiding behind an “injury” or something.

However is it just me who doesn’t really believe the whole it’s just about the federal government and I would do the same thing if a White Southern Republican was in the White House schtick?

This guy has always rubbed me the wrong way. I don’t feel unmitigated contempt for all players on contemptible rivals. There are always guys on any team – even occasionally on the Philadelphia Flyers – who you can respect as players and as people. But whenever people grouped Thomas in that category I always thought “Really? He seems like such a douchebag.”

I mean I will give you Patrice Bergeron or Rich Peverly or Tukka Rask as guys who I would consider not total dicks, but Thomas? Really?

“Et le but!”

• Danno says:

TSN’s Dave Hodge Tweeted:

Don’t know if it’s fair to point this out, but Tim Thomas has three children named Kiley, Kelsey and Keegan.

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

• DorvalTony says:

Spoken like a white Liberal Quebec Anglo. Anybody who disagrees with you is a bigot or a racist.

Well white people voted for Obama or he wouldn’t be president. You suggesting he shouldn’t be criticized and should be re-crowned president in spite of his record is pretty typical. Look what happened to English Quebec with great thinkers like that. Decimated. Gone.

• Un Canadien errant says:

Completely support your opinion. I also never understood the love for Tim Thomas, starting with his goaltending ‘style’ and his haughty mug during games. Always rubbed me the wrong way. After his sham of a fight against Carey, how people thought he was a good ole boy, even some Canadiens fans, was beyond me.

The Bruins taint whoever they absorb, kind of like the Borg. Milan Lucic would have made a fine Canadien, as a Vancouver Giant he was a tough, talented player. Now he’s irretrievably rotten.

Patrice, on the other hand, can play on my team anytime.

———————————
      How about it NHL? No fighting, just hockey?

• Les Canayens says:

After his statement I still thought his action was bi-partisan, until I learn he’s a fan of Glenn Beck. That solved the mystery.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

• LA Loyalist says:

Glenn Beck IS mildly paranoid, but so were Orwell and Kafka and Winston Churchill, all of whom accurately predicted what would happen if we ignored fascism and communism.

So shall we all sit here being ostrichs? Or shall we protect our freedom by shrinking our government and our taxes.

Yo, Oboma! I can spend my money better than you can ™

• HabFab says:

The Americans didn’t listen then and don’t understand now, so sad really!

• HabFanSince72 says:

Just to be clear, is Obama a fascist or a communist?

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• LA Loyalist says:

They are actually the same thing, in terms of both groups think the government can run our lives better than we can as individuals.

I don’t know if it’s legal to read Orwell in Quebec any longer, but you should.

• Duracell3 says:

I’m pretty astounded in the company you keep Mr. Beck, but more to the point:

Your government. We are Canadian, even if not by choice.

• Les Canayens says:

I just read 1984, and it seems to me the GOP is actually using tactics from the book (Two minute hate, conveniently alter the past) to further their believes rather than using the book as a cautionary tale.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

• jmsheehy19 says:

LA, I may not always agree with you, but I usually see a rational to your argument.

That said… Really? Did you just compare two of the greatest writers in history and Churchill to one of the worst fear mongering figures since McCarthy?

20. Da Hema says:

“I believe the [US] Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People,” wrote Thomas. “This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government.”

So Thomas is a Tea-Party Republican. That’s fine. He has the natural right to do as he pleases. Still I can’t help but be mildly amused that such Republicans believe the solution to solving contemporary social, political, and economic problems is to revert to 17th-century ideals that were enunciated principally for an agrarian, pre-industrial society. Good luck with that!

• HardHabits says:

They had the right idea about banking. That was all changed with the Federal Reserve.

• Da Hema says:

What is the alternative for printing money? Follow the Afghanistan model of competing currencies issued by drug warlords? I am not always in agreement with macro-economic policies of federal governments, but the current alternatives are far worse.

• HardHabits says:

I am not going to go all E1 on you. To simplify. When Congress was in charge of printing money they never had to pay interest on it. As it stands the Federal Government and thus the American people are forever indebted to the Banks AKA the Federal Reserve.

• LA Loyalist says:

The Federal Reserve is actually, in legal terms, offshore. That IS kind of spooky.

No one is asking for an alternative to printed money, because it is content neutral it is a very efficient mechanism to achieve velocity in the market place.

Where the problems arise is the leveraged debt, both in overall deficits and when the banks were forced to do by the Democrats (make bad loans to people who couldn’t afford them in the name of social engineering.

• Duracell3 says:

“banks were forced to do by the Democrats”

……..

Creation of an “American Dream Downpayment Fund,” which would allow low-income families to use up to a year’s worth of HUD Section 8 rental vouchers to make a down payment on a home. “When a low-income family is qualified to buy a house but comes up short on the down payment, we will help them,” Bush said. “If they and the bank can come up with 25% of the down payment, the government will pay the rest, up to $1,500.” Section 8 vouchers can already be used to help with mortgage payments.”

“the White House doesn’t think those who can afford the monthly payment but have been unable to save for a down payment should be deprived from owning a home.” He added, “We do not anticipate any costs to taxpayers.” – 2004, Federal Housing Commissioner John Weiche

• LA Loyalist says:

All we want is less government and lower taxes and more freedom.

Do you want a Quebec government dope running the Habs? I didn’t think so.

21. Lizardking89 says:

Thomas just like the Bruin organization has no class.

22. English is not a Crime says:

I couldn’t figure out why Ovechkin got a 3 game suspension for what looked like a text book 2 minute minor for charging because he left his feet. He didn’t get his elbows up, wasn’t from behind, didn’t target the head, didn’t injure the opponent, didn’t send the opponent violently into the boards or any other obstacle, didn’t put the opponent in any real danger……

Then I looked at the schedule and realized why B.S. suspended Ovechkin. Look who the Caps play tomorrow…. got it! Now it makes perfect sense!

• Bill says:

Actually, in Quebec English IS a crime in several situations.

As I think we all know, it’s DANCING that is not a crime :)

Now I’ll be humming “Footloose” all night …

Full Breezer 4 Life

• Les Canayens says:

LOL too much sense.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

• shootdapuck says:

Maybe it was the hang-time as he took to the air!

BTW he did get the head!

PK Subban – Million Dollar Legs, a Ten Cent Brain and a Costly Attitude!

23. ProHabs says:

So now Ovie is suspended for 3 games. Man, with all of the Penguin injuries, the terrible play of Toronto, Buffalo, Carolina, Winnipeg and now Washington, these teams are serving the Habs a playoff spot on a silver platter. It is too bad this team is just not good enough to grab a hold of a playoff spot.

24. RJ says:

Why did Thomas agree to represent the USA at the olympics then? Will he be pissed off when the morons in Boston start to chant USA the next time the Broons play a Canadian team? Wonder what the fans in boston would say if the Canucks won the cup and burrows or lapierre did not meet with Harper. the fans are coming to his defense. Schmucks.

“My face is my mask,” Gump Worsley

25. Un Canadien errant says:

When I first heard of Tim Thomas purposely not attending the White House due to political beliefs, I thought it was indefensible, as I thought he was doing so because President Obama is a Democrat. Mr. Thomas is a vocal conservative, and I thought it was misplaced for him to shun the traditional White House visit for party affiliation reasons. It is important to remember that the White House is ‘the people’s house’, regardless of the identity of the incumbent President, and I thought he had lost sight of that. I now know that Mr. Thomas’ reasons are broader and more complex than this, so I am more lenient in my condemnation of his gesture, but I still condemn it.

Tim Thomas’ statement explained his refusal to join his teammates due to a belief that the government of the United States is infringing the liberties guaranteed the American people by their Constitution. I find it hard to castigate someone who has deeply held political beliefs and acting on them in a consistent manner. I would be more confident if Mr. Thomas had abstained from visiting the White House if a Republican had been the sitting President. Also, I would feel better about this if Mr. Thomas wasn’t a shill for credit card companies and Dunkin’ Donuts, among others. How the corporate world, with its monopolistic practices, cavalier disregard for its employees’ welfare and the communities they pillage, and the rapacious greed of its executive class, isn’t more of a threat to the liberty and well-being of the American people is a difficult position to adopt.

When athletes such as Steve Nash and Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf were vocal and acted upon their political beliefs I was supportive of their right to do so, probably because theirs more closely followed mine. So I’m trying to be even-handed when evaluating Mr. Thomas’ actions. It’s also hard for me to be objective about him since he is a Bruin, and because of his smug countenance when he’s in net. He just rubs me the wrong way.

I dislike the way he carried himself at the 2011 All-Star game when Carey Price, an impressionable youngster, was trying to engage him in conversation during the draft. Mr. Thomas steadfastly refused to participate, or even make eye contact or acknowledge Carey, acting as if they were in church and he was trying to listen to the sermon. Later in the season, during a typical Bruins episode of thuggery and aggression in a game against the Canadiens, Mr. Thomas skated the length of the ice to engage Carey, but in a fistfight this time. Sure enough, after a couple of seconds of grappling with the bigger, younger, and stronger Canadiens goalie, he realized that he had bitten off way more than he could chew, and his deeply held personal convictions evaporated. He collapsed to the ice and turtled, and was an ‘aw-shucks-no-hard-feelings’ good guy when the refs had him separated and let him back up, now more than willing to ingratiate himself to Carey.

As will be discussed by NHL insiders, I believe Tim Thomas has hurt himself and the team with his actions today which will pigeon-hole him with extreme right-wing militia groups in the public’s mind, and may roil the waters for the Bruins in the dressing room for a group that had been having relatively smooth sailing for the last while.

———————————
    How about it NHL? No fighting, just hockey?

• HabFab says:

You forgot about refusing to shake hands with PK after game 7.

• TomNickle says:

The problem with attacking Tim Thomas for this is simple. He’s entitled to stay home. You can call him a hypocrite for this and explain that he does Visa and Dunkin Donuts commercials which of course spits in the face of the lives that these corporate entities make worse. But do you know how much money Tim Thomas donates to various charities around the World? Perhaps he’s taking his endorsement earnings and sending them to charity. Maybe he donates time in the off-season to help those in need.

He was adamant that the party he supports is just as much to blame for what he believes is a sad state of affairs in his home country as the party he renounces is.

Seemed like a very level headed decision to me.

• Un Canadien errant says:

Tom, I don’t attack Tim Thomas on this, I state that I’m trying to be even-handed even though I don’t agree with his beliefs themselves and his approach. I also don’t use the word hypocrite, but I do see an inconsistency. You can’t be a champion of personal freedom and a corporate whore in my view.

Charity to me is the wealthy class’ sleight of hand: “Don’t tax me, look at all the charities I contribute to.” My idea of charity is for to everyone to kick in to the pot according to their means, and whatever extra they provide in money or volunteer time, that extra is the charity. If Mitt Romney can pay only 15% taxes on the millions in income he made this year, whatever donations he makes are insignificant and not deserving of my approbation.

———————————
        How about it NHL? No fighting, just hockey?

• shootdapuck says:

Normand, there appears to be confusion between the identity of the Goons created by Neely etal and the players who think they can apply the same ideals to day to day.

Thomas, Marchand, Luchicken……… all take their team personalities beyond the rink more like the WWE and are incredulous when their assumed impunity is questioned.

PK Subban – Million Dollar Legs, a Ten Cent Brain and a Costly Attitude!

• LA Loyalist says:

Nice post Tom. We protect our own freedom by protecting that of others with whom we disagree.

• shootdapuck says:

How many of those “charities” support militias and bombing of Federal buildings abortion clinics etc.?

PK Subban – Million Dollar Legs, a Ten Cent Brain and a Costly Attitude!

• Psycho29 says:

@ UCE: Great post (as always!)…
      I remember seeing Thomas ignore Price at the draft, and I thought I must have interpreted it wrong. I was right after all…

Thomas not going to the White House is his business, but I don’t agree with his decision.
      When you do something like that you are alienating yourself from your team. Being a close knit team was a big part of why they won the cup. (Plus Daddy Campbell pulling some strings LOL)…
      Like I said in an earlier post, hopefully the “dynasty” will start to unravel now!!

• Un Canadien errant says:

No, I’m pretty sure we got it right. Carey was trying to relate to a fellow goaltender and bridge the gap of adversaries forced to play together in an All-Star game, and Mr. Thomas was a giant tool in return. Carey was open and talked about his fear and awe about Shea Weber’s slapshot, he was trying to be genuine and share common ground, and Mr. Thomas treated him like an Untouchable.

Like I said, he was a bit more gracious when he embarrassed himself after his non-fight with Carey. I have to restrain myself from fantasizing about Carey tearing his block off.

———————————
        How about it NHL? No fighting, just hockey?

• HardHabits says:

Good post. I don’t necessarily agree with everything but there is much that I see eye to eye with. The bottom line is your comment shows balance and control. One of the reasons why I enjoy reading your comments is that they elevate the discussion here.

• LA Loyalist says:

I am no fan of Thomas, but I support him, and I thank you for a reasoned and carefully setting out of the issue, and your considered argument.

Oh that 10% of the posters here could do the same.

26. Pucknut says:

What a player that Datsyuk!!!!!!!!!!!

27. Bill says:

I’m trying to imagine the uproar if PK Subban pulled something like this, lol. I mean just imagine what Cherry would say if Subban refused to meet Harper for political reasons: his head would, like, collapse in upon itself and come spraying out of his mouth.

Which actually would be pretty entertaining by the usual standards of Coach’s Corner, hmm.

Full Breezer 4 Life

28. TomNickle says:

Could somebody please explain to me in a logical way what the problem is with Tim Thomas not wanting to be glad handed by Barack Obama?

He’s entitled to excuse himself from that event.

If I won something significant and Stephen Harper invited me to shake his hand, it’s highly likely that I’d decline and find something else to do with my time. But that’s just me I suppose

• HardHabits says:

It had nothing to do with Obama. It could have been George Bush or Sarah Palin. Serves me right for reading comments here and assuming that people knew what they were talking about.

Thomas opposes the Federal Government. He appears to be some sort of libertarian rebel rouser like the hill billies in L’il Abner who see revenooers every where.

I support his stance albeit naive. Maybe he should have shown up with a “Vote Ron Paul” T-shirt or something.

Either way the invective levied here, and I apologize for my part and retract my earlier statement, has everything to do more with anti-Bruins bias and prejudice than anything having to do with values. That would have been how Thomas acted.

• HabFab says:

But would it have been?

• Un Canadien errant says:

HH, I hope that his ‘principled stance’ would have been the same when President Bush was in office. I’m not the only one who noticed that these rabid Tea Party crazies who “wanted their country back” materialized out of thin air when President Obama reached office. They weren’t freaking out over corporate bailouts and ballooning government spending a couple of months before.

———————————
        How about it NHL? No fighting, just hockey?

• HardHabits says:

Is he a tea party supporter? It appears he’d be more in the Ron Paul camp by the sound of it. Regardless.

The problem is the perception is reality, so not showing up, as we’ve seen here all day, can easily be misconstrued as being anti-Democratic Party, anti-Obama or even anti-people of colour.

Based on his comments he appears to be anti-Washington D.C.

• neumann103 says:

If it is a sincere principle then maybe he is more of a Paul supporter. But Ron Paul believes in engagement, and working with everyone across the spectrum to achieve common goals. I was reading recently how open his congressional staff to approaches from seemingly opposed constituencies on issues lie illegal war, kleptocracy, warrantless searches, due process free assassinations etc. Paul is appalled by many of the same things that cause those on the left to despair.

The message from Thomas sounds more like the insincere bleatings of the Tea Party faithful who realized the Federal Government was suddenly too big somewhere on or around January 20, 2009.

“Et le but!”

• HardHabits says:

Sounds more hypocritical than principled if that’s the case. I still don’t think he deserves to be vilified for it. Disagree if you will but I think some of things suggested about him are a bit over board. Mind he didn’t help matters naming his three kids starting with the letter “K”.

:-)

• Un Canadien errant says:

HH, I don’t know that he is a Tea Partier, but his bleatings do sound the same, moreso than Ron Paul’s many uncommon positions on many issues. Like I said, I’d feel more comfortable if he had pulled that stunt if a Republican president were in the White House. All the angst and apocalyptic predictions from Fox and friends happened after President Obama took office, though the same conditions prevailed before he took office.

———————————
            How about it NHL? No fighting, just hockey?

• Gerry H says:

Libertarian? Do libertarians participate in massively government-funded jingo-fests like the Olympic Games?

Who knew?

• Bill says:

It’s no big thing, by any means. I’m just laughing about it. The problem, such as it is, is that it’s dumb. As a political protest, it’s meaningless. Also, it’s a team event, so he should just be a team guy and show up and shut his mouth.

I met Brian Mulroney once. I shook his hand. Doesn’t mean I like him or his politics: just means that I recognize that refusing to shake his hand isn’t going to make a positive change in the world, so what’s the point?

A lot of assholes confuse acting like an asshole with showing character, is basically what it comes down too. That’s what’s happening here.

Full Breezer 4 Life

Agree Bill, Thomas can do what he wants, that is the beauty of America, the freedoms one has. This is his choice, but the more I read his reasons, the more I can’t help but think he is one of those Northern Michigan Militia whack jobs. Him not shaking hands with PK now to me, I have to wonder…. Maybe Darren Pang is proud of the way Timmy did this.

• Bill says:

Hahaha, had the same thought. Maybe they left out the last part of Timmy T’s statement: “PS: I’d do the same thing to a white president, seriously.” JK/lol

Full Breezer 4 Life

• HardHabits says:

He shook PK’s hand. It’s on film. More urban legends. That’s how the Jesus legend got so big. That and big government authorized it.

• Bill says:

Don’t bring Jesus into this, lol, the conversation today is strained enough already.

Actually, hmm, I bet Jesus is the one guy out there who could help the Habs power-play.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• HardHabits says:

I though since we’re already talking politics why not go for the full monty and bring religion into the conversation too!!

Saw this comment on a web site regarding Thomas and his conservative views.

Tim Thomas: “I’m tired of foreigners coming to America and trying to take our jobs!” Tuukka Rask: “Dude, I’m standing right here.”

30. Bripro says:

I like CTV’s Brian Wilde’s take on Thomas.
    “Respecting the rights and freedoms of an individual only when you agree isn’t really respecting anything at all.”

31. ed lopaz says:

I hope Subban screws up big time during that game against detroit.

you know – like in a tied game, he tries to skate the puck out, trips, falls, loses the puck,

a Red Wing picks up the loose puck, comes in and scores!!

the fans begin to boo mercilessly.

Subban is so upset., he leaves the bench, hurries to the dressing room, throwing his stick, his gloves, and his helmet into the crowd.

on thursday, the Habs announce that Subban has been traded

and then – finally – all of you freakin idiots who can’t stop talking about how bad Subban is,

will have to find something else to do – no doubt, someone else on the Habs to hate and bitch out of town.

because this is where this story is heading.

• Bripro says:

Geeeez Ed, need a V5?

• ed lopaz says:

just completely and totally fed up with the nonsense.

I was around when we traded Chelios.

• Bripro says:

Yeah, me too. I was around when we traded Ralph Backstrom and watched Lafleur play for the Nordiques. There have been odd transactions forever with this team.
          I’m a little young for the Richard riot, but the team has always been wrapped in politics and media overexposure contributing to fan hysteria, and it probably always will.
          You have to accept it for what it is and try to enjoy the show.
          Because that’s really what it’s supposed to be all about. Entertainment.

What if he ends up in St. Louis and we get Pieterangelo. This could end up making Halak vs. Price look boring.

• TomNickle says:

Be careful what you wish for Ed. See the correlation between Gill’s mood and Subban’s animosity toward the current coaching staff?

I do. And it’s a shame that Gill didn’t have a bit more of the front office’s ear.

• ed lopaz says:

I’m not sure what you mean, Tom. Please explain.

• TomNickle says:

Hal Gill has now spoken out about certain players(ahem, Cammalleri, Gomez and Kostitsyn) though he didn’t name names and I’m repeating speculation, not buying into the coaching staff’s message. Then he openly says that Muller’s loss would be huge and has since seen his ice time go into low double digits or high single digits consistently.

Gill has understandably soured on Gauthier and now Cunneyworth and Ladouceur. Who does Gill mentor? PK.

I’m saying that Gill isn’t happy with a great number of things and that misery loves company.

• ed lopaz says:

yes – you’re right Tom.

This situation is getting uglier and uglier.

Its such a crazy mess.

where does it end??

• TomNickle says:

This team has never been about Superstars. It has always rid itself of superstars. I hope that pattern of behaviour changes in a hurry.

32. Old Bald Bird says:

Dear Tiny Tim

There’s a time for politics and a time for class. I guess you are the sweater that you wear.

33. Dr.Rex says:

IM sure that both Marchand and Lucic offered alot of intellect and stimulating conversation for all those attending today.

34. habsfanforever7631 says:

I have a question to see what you guys think.
    PK is not playing really bad this year.
    Well he is kinda, but seeing that he is a number 1 on this team at his age pretty good.
    But the thing that bothers me is his attitude. This guy can play so good! He has alot of talint, but why does he have a big attitude like this.
    I see other players his age Eller, Max Pac, all of them doing what there suppose to do no complaining. Eller got benched so much by JM but still he played his game.
    So what does PK need, a mentore? a kick in the? A better coach? traded? or will he change?
    Last year he was kinda acting like this but we thought that he’d grow out of it, but it seems that he didn’t.
    I cant help but wonder if he wants to be in Montreal, but then I have a bad fealing of what he’s gona do in another team.

So what do you guys think?

• PK needs a Captain to tell him to shut the ______up.

He needs a solid core of defensemen so that the coach can bench him when he acts up. (like Last year)

He needs to focus on his defensive game before his offensive game.

And lastly he needs to learn how to put a one timer on net, low and also how to use the Bell back boards to his advantage.

Shane Oliver
      http://www.Sholi2000.com Inc.
      Custom Sports Figures
      Brandon, MB,Canada
      R7B 2R7
      hockey@sholi2000.com
      Ph- 204 724 8418

• slamtherimtim says:

i dont think its a matter of him growing out of it , but rather growing up , he has had so much thrown at him in his short career , he is only 22 , not sure about you but when i was 22 the world was a different place , he just needs time and a mentor on the team

• Seps says:

Reminds me alot of the story behind the 49er’s receiver Davis. Singletary said in 08 that he couldn’t coach the team because they were a bunch of selfish individuals. Davis used to take all kinds of celebratory penalties after big plays, so Mike laid into him and he took it to heart. Now he’s the team player, the allstar in San Fran and took the team to the next level. I think the same thing needs to happen to Subban, trading him would be a very bad idea.

#failfornail

Did you see the two penalties he took yesterday? Not so sure the leopard has lost its spots yet. Pretty selfish and dumb. I am referencing Vernon Davis only not PK.

I am pissed at PG on this one, this team needed a bonafide veteran high level dman on the team for PK to learn from and be the top dog of our blue line. We don’t have that, PK is given the role when not ready for it.

• Seps says:

I know, I saw but when he stepped onto the Camera pedastole, that penalty was questionable, but he’s toned er down aloooot since his young gun days.

And that’s very true, he’d learn alot more being on the second d-pairing with a dare I say “Markov” and whoever on the first pairing.

#failfornail

35. duffy says:

Thomas is the only American born player on the team and he doesn”t attend . I imagine THAT WENT OVER REALLY WELL WITH OWNER AND MANAGEMENT. Maybe he wants to be traded.

• Seps says:

Classless. And he wouldn’t want to be traded, on any other team hes an .800 SV% guy. Imagine him playing for a small Montreal team who can’t clear in front of the net and can’t get the rebounds away…

#failfornail

36. Tonight’s Main Event is about to start.

Blues @ Wings

Does anuone know why Bell Center Ice got rid of the 6 game bog screen? Really miss it tonight. Big Hab Games on tonight.

Shane Oliver
    http://www.Sholi2000.com Inc.
    Custom Sports Figures
    Brandon, MB,Canada
    R7B 2R7
    hockey@sholi2000.com
    Ph- 204 724 8418

37. Psycho29 says:

Is Vegas taking odds on whether Thomas will make Jack Fraud’s Heros or Zeros next Monday????

38. Bripro says:

Here is Tim Thomas’ statement.
    Sorry guys, this might be a slighly long post, but I don’t have facebook (or the link) and that’s where Tim Thomas posted the following statement, explaining his reasons for not accepting the invitation to the white house.:

This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic. TT

• Bill says:

Time for Thomas to move into a shack in the woods and start writing letters and polishing guns. That is, if he can get his wealthy ass off his Zebra-hide sofa and into his gold-plated Hummer without slipping on the diamonds his kids use as marbles.

America’s been pretty good to Timmy Thomas, but all he wants is a tax-cut.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• LL says:

The Founding Fathers? lol

Weren’t they a bunch of White Guys?

• Le Jadester says:

Not a bad statement at all.
      I respect that.

Habs, OLE !

Hmmm sounds like a guy from a Northern Michigan town and a member of the Militia. I am guessing Mr. Thomas has an abundance of weapons at his home there.

• dano58 says:

I don’t care about TT politics but when the leader of the free world ask you to his house to honor you and your teams accomplishments you just go as a TEAM. This is like all the people who promote hate and the divisions in this country and the politicians he is complaining about. He needs to take the high road and post something like he did but this event was not political as the president is a big basketball fan and other sports to him are not as important. I mean for God’s sake most of the players who went cannot even vote since they are not U.S. citizens. Politics are not a part of this event since every team in each sport that is invited to the White House are there to be honored for a great accomplishment. Dumb move TT!

• Un Canadien errant says:

I love people who interpret the Constitution as if it’s an unblemished fount of wisdom and truth. The document speaks of liberty and freedom while some of the authors owned slaves and women weren’t allowed to vote. Time has marched on since then, science and technology and medicine has evolved, and so have societal mores and political realities.

Those crazy kooks never insist on being treated by 18th century barbers when they get cancer and heart attacks, and they don’t cling to muskets and blunderbusses anymore, but the Constitution is sacrosanct and immutable.

———————————
      How about it NHL? No fighting, just hockey?

39. remi_10069 says:

i’m happy that Thomas showed the entire country what a selfish puke he is. He’s pissed off his teamates, his organization and most importantly his local fans. He’s too f’n stupid to figure out that despite the “boston tea party” reference, Boston is a blue state. What a clown. Wish they would trade his ass to Winnipeg, remind him how lucky he is to be playing in the NHL. I hope one of his teamates beats the crap out of him, not because of his views but because he has the balls to publicize them affecting his entire organization.

pipes

• To be honest, I don’t know why 25 Canadians would be pissed off at him. Maybe the other American and management but hardly the team in geneeral.

Shane Oliver
      http://www.Sholi2000.com Inc.
      Custom Sports Figures
      Brandon, MB,Canada
      R7B 2R7
      hockey@sholi2000.com
      Ph- 204 724 8418

• remi_10069 says:

Because he put himself before the team and is causing a huge distraction. I would be surprised if any of them care about his views but they will care about all the crap this causes. He’s a old man who is obviously an idiot, they would rather not have to deal with him.

pipes

• Bripro says:

I’m with Shane on this.
          Besides, if it does cause such a big distraction, maybe that will be good for the other teams. A little friction in the dressing room could prove (counter) productive.

• C-Sword says:

This is Thomas’ way of standing up against the politicians for shutting down MegaUpload. Thank you Tim!

• Les Canayens says:

I can continue to download another bootleg NHL game all because of Timmy!

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

40. Psycho29 says:

From TSN:

Bob McKenzie reports that Jeremy Jacobs is not too pleased with TT’s decision…..

Kevin Dupont of the Boston Globe thinks “Thomas will have a problem in the room with some players. If he felt so strongly why didn’t he turn in his silver medal from the Olympics”

B’s president Cam Neely: “Everybody has a right to their opinions.
    We certainly would have liked him to join the team. It’s his choice.”

TSN’s Aaron Ward: “It makes Thomas look extremely selfish. There are better ways to handle things. This is gong to hurt him….”

EXCELLENT!!!! Let the “dynasty” start to unravel…..

41. Bripro says:

The Canadiens have announced that
    “Jacques Martin will remain with the club. He’ll be responsible for special assignments for Habs GM Pierre Gauthier.”

What kind of special assignments?
    Translation services?
    Defensive tactics?
    Preferential treatment?
    Supporting the rich?

Although, all sarcasm aside, I watched him on L’Antichambre last week, and he seems like a pretty humble guy.

42. Bripro says:

Shanahan’s take on the supension to Ovechkin.

43. HabsinLA says:

Just read Tim Thomas’ reason.

Him being Tim Thomas aside, even though it would have been polite to attend, I respect him for his decision. He believed in something strong enough that he felt he should make a stand and I think that’s a very fair action. Just because he’s a hockey player doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a brain or that he’s somehow indebted to the government.

If he said something along the lines of “if the Republicans invited me to the White House I’d go, I hate Obama”, then maybe we can criticize him for making a scene and being an ass. But saying that you are not happy with the government so you won’t meet with the leader of that government is admirable. He’s willing to take some flack to back his political views and frankly, I wish more people were like him so we can finally get rid of this terribly inefficient Congress.

• Habs54 says:

Here is what he said. You may want to learn to read.

I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People. This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government. Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL. This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic.

• remi_10069 says:

he put himself ahead of his team and the organization that pays his salary. He’s an idiot and I sincerely hope they trade him to the peg after that move. I would be saying the same thing if someone didn’t show to the bush whitehouse because they were against the wars…it’s not about you pal, you’re a public figure. If you want to make your opinions known, quit and walk around Beantown with a sign.

pipes

• slamtherimtim says:

he used the boston bruins and NHL to make HIS statement , the winning team was invited not just him to the white house. he should have not attended , if that was his choice but then making a statement after the meeting was cowardly

44. Mark scores on his own net, Leafs 1 Isles 0

Jets o for 1 on the PP

Skinner scores ona fluky 2 on 1

Who holds the record for most losses in a career (edit)? M Brodeur and counting.

Mason sucks on an easy stop, Canes 2-0

Shane Oliver
    http://www.Sholi2000.com Inc.
    Custom Sports Figures
    Brandon, MB,Canada
    R7B 2R7
    hockey@sholi2000.com
    Ph- 204 724 8418

45. HABZ24 says:

price can be good but bis catching hand up high is very weak this needs vast improvement before price will be great

It is of interest that the only 2 players on Boston’s roster that played in the playoffs to be born in the U.S. and the one still on the roster wouldn’t want to go to the White House. I don’t say this with political leanings. It has always been my impression that the President invites the winning team in NBA, MLB, NFL and Hockey as a salute from the countries highest office to the team. I have never thought that this was a political act, but nothing more than a respectful tradition.

Other players have said no in the past, others will in the future. I just find it a strange and potentially polarizing choice.

Perhaps once Mr. Thomas retires he can become an elected official and help pump his own countries tires.

• JohnBellyful says:

Wonder if Tim Thomas is related to Cal Thomas, “America’s number one nationally syndicated political columnist” and “one of the most highly regarded conservative voices on the American political scene today”?
      Maybe Cal helped Timmy draft his public statement …

• ProHabs says:

Thomas’ success is going right to his head. Get over yourself already. You are just a hockey player, you are not saving anyones life or doing anything really important. Five years ago nobody even knew who you were and without the help of the NHL head office, you wouldn’t even be Stanley Cup Champs anyway.

• Mattyleg says:

I dunno.
        If Steve Harper invited me to Ottawa to get some medal, I’d think long and hard about accepting.

…and I’d probably say no for the same reason that Thomas did.

Good for him. I don’t agree with him, but he’s doing what he believes in.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

47. jedimyrmidon says:

Ovechkin suspended 3 games for his dirty hit on Michalek… and will return just in time to play the Habs on Feb 4.

48. Habzfan says:

Jack Todd. Give up writing about hockey and try track and field or some other sport that you Might have a clue about!!!!!!

49. Habzfan says:

Way to go Tim Thomas. Enough of this crap!

50. BeachHabFan says:

Mr. Thomas refusing to go see his president is sad. Like him or not, agree with him or not, he’s the leader of your country; it’s more about respecting the office as it is respecting the man. Any other president and both left and right-wing pundits would call him out, but i can’t imagine that will happen.

it’s also a perfect summation of the problem with american (and soon canadian) politics – if you don’t agree with someone, you simply pretend they don’t exist. He had a chance to meet the president and bring up his concerns face to face, and instead, chose to avoid it altogether. Sad.

51. Les Canayens says:

I know why Thomas did not want to go to the White House: Tomas Kaberle was there! Never would he take a picture with any current Hab.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

52. Mr_MacDougall says:

Thomas did not attend because he doesn’t support either party “right now” because they both contributed to the “mess” the country is in at the present time.

53. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Bruins fans boo at the next game. They love their leaders, and if there is one thing you don’t do it’s disrespect the Commander in Chief in public.

Personally, Thomas and Bruins can all go _______ themselves.

Shane Oliver
    http://www.Sholi2000.com Inc.
    Custom Sports Figures
    Brandon, MB,Canada
    R7B 2R7
    hockey@sholi2000.com
    Ph- 204 724 8418

54. Iain Matheson says:

I may actually start liking Mr. Thomas. A man with principles it appears. I wouldn’t have gone either and I think Tim’s ok with job security.

55. The Jackal says:

Reading Jack Todd one would think a member from the commentariat wrote it. A pro-tank, I could be a better GM member at that.

56. Mad Habber says:

Oh my! Tim Thomas refused to visit the president? The gall of that guy. Come on people, not everybody loves Obama. If Thomas doesn’t want to visit him, what to heck is the big deal? Its not like he went out and killed ten children. I’m sure Obama was really hurt because Thomas didn’t show up for his little party. He probably didn’t even know he was missing.

• Les Canayens says:

Obama mentioned Thomas’ goaltending in his speech.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

• Mad Habber says:

Just because Obama mentions Thomas doesn’t mean he knew Thomas wasn’t there. Did he mention how he notice he wasn’t there?

Obama mentions Recchi and looks at Kaberle, I guess he looks like the drinker or the wise old player….Then he refers to `the little ball of hate’ and looks at Lucic. (No wonder he couldn’t figure it out.) If there hadn’t been a fuss over it, Obama probably wouldn’t even know, if he even knows now.

57. Stuck_in_To. says:

It’s fun to speculate on the possibilities but the truth usually ends up being a lot more mundane. But theorizing on the political statement possibility, Thomas not showing up would be as much a statement against the office of the president as it would be against the party the president represents … and then we are getting into some weird anti-government territory, no?

I have to admit, I always thought there was something weird about him and never liked him.

58. Psycho29 says:

Peter Chiarelli on Thomas (from NESN) :

“I can require someone to attend a team event. If they don’t, I can suspend him,” Chiarelli said. “I’m not suspending Tim. Whatever his position is, it isn’t reflective of the Boston Bruins nor my own. But I’m not suspending him.”

59. Ron says:

It would be interesting to know which political party the team owner ( Jacobs ? ) throws his hat behind and if it is true that TT did this for political reasons and the owner is a Democrate maybe TT will be gone at this years end or before. Rask appears to beable to hold the fort. I don’t think TT made a wise choice.

60. price365 says:

until you know why thomas did it – maybe you should keep your yap shut – you’re the same way with the Habs.

61. Gerry H says:

Wow. Despite his Bruinness, I’ve always liked Thomas. A great story as a late bloomer and always seems very positive and upbeat. That his politics are of the Glen Beck/Tea Party variety, bizzarre as that is, wouldn’t really have meant much to me. But to upend a team moment like this?

Selfish, plain and simple.

62. Psycho29 says:

I knew Carey should have cleaned his clock when he had the chance last season…..

63. SmartDog says:

Apparently Thomas is following his own personal convictions in not meeting the US President. He told friends it “was the white thing to do”.

————————————-
    Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

64. TorontoHabsFan says:

I love hockey (most sports really), but every so often I’m reminded why I don’t love professional athletes.

Thomas would’ve been wise to follow this advice from Grant Hill: “Personally, I wouldn’t care who the president is or if I saw eye-to-eye with him politically. The chance to be honored at the White House is an opportunity most people will never get to experience.”

65. mb says:

Does anyone think that this will change the opinion Boston’s fans have about Thomas (and many US states, to a certain extent)?

I might be wrong, but I’m pretty sure Bostonians are mostly for democratic party.

• HabFanSince72 says:

Those Boston hockey fans chanting Chara’s name after he almost killed Max weren’t bleeding heart liberals.

Big gulf in Beantown between symphony subscribers and Bruin fans.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• mb says:

Fair enough.

I just thought I’d ask, because I wondered how Montreal fans would have reacted in the same situation (granted, Montrealers’ opinion about Canada’s PM is different from Americans’ opinion of their president, but still).

Other fans is the US, though, might react differently from the Bruins fans themselves.

66. HabFanSince72 says:

Obviously we all have different political views, but most of us wouldn’t refuse to visit the White House or 24 Sussex if so honoured, even if we disagreed with the occupant’s politics.

In my opinion, Thomas’s snub is not a mere disagreement over politics, but an expression of a widespread belief among some that Obama is not a legitimate president. He is refusing to go because meeting him would be acknowledging him as the President.

Newt Gingrich refers to the Obama presidency as an aberration. Many Republicans refer to him as alien and foreign (i.e. un-American), literally so in the case of the bizarre birther movement.

So I don’t buy that this is Thomas bravely sticking up for his political beliefs. This is really an expression of an irrational and very nasty kind of hate.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• HabFab says:

Along your line of thought, read an article over the weekend in which fundamentalist leaders were stating that potentially this could be an election in which neither candidate is “Christian”. Romney is supposedly a Mormon and they still maintain that Obama is a closet Muslim.
      UFR!!

67. VancouverHab says:

Tim Thomas should have thrown a shoe at the American President.

I remember from about three years ago that when you throw a shoe at the American President you get highly praised not only by the majority of the media but by the H-I/O commentariat as well.

Stupid Tim Thomas: avoid going to a photo-op and you get insulted. Go and throw a shoe at the President and become a media darling. How easy is that to figure out?

68. HabFab says:

An exclusive interview with Tim Thomas and his neighbors.

Includes Boone doing a “voice over” ??

Why doesn’t Thomas just go to the White House meet Obama wearing a Tshirt that says “I love Bush”

70. HabFab says:

Boone and myself “getting down” in celebration of the victory over the Make me Laughs ;

71. krob1000 says:

Why is everyone giving Thomas such a hard time? it was clearly a hockey play…Shanny said so …but there was some guy that looked a lot like Colin Campbell holding some strings behind a curtain off to the left at the press conference….and Shanny did appear to be wooden…wait a minute!!! fool me once….ok a dozen times…but…

72. HabFab says:

WOW! Thomas has just released his reason for not attending the White House and it has nothing to do with Obama.

As a loyal American citizen, I could not disgrace the symbol of our Country by attending it as a member of the Stanley Cup Champions. This is due to the disgraceful farce that my Team’s organization and the NHL leadership committed in giving the Bruins the Stanley Cup.

or something like that!
    ;) ;)

• Nova Scotia Voyageurs says:

I’m still laughing out-loud…..

Frank if not for you, so many of us would never know such truths. I thank you for digging as you have to find this information.

• Les Canayens says:

What a honorable guy.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

73. montreal ace says:

I noticed in the national post, that Taylor Hall questioned Tom Renney about his strategy of pulling the goalie. I find it funny that I dont see this story anywhere else. I can just see the headlines if PK questioned Cunney, about a decision, I think TSN would have a special about it.

74. krob1000 says:

bad move Tim Thomas….you just brought the circus to every town you play in for the rest of the year… what timing…the Bruins defending champs, playing incredible hockey…..way to rock the boat…..unbelievable

75. jyeager11 says:

Habs may have tipped their hand regarding their plans for the season when they replaced Cammalleri’s likeness on the exterior Bell Centre wall this morning with this :