Habs call up Engqvist, Palushaj to AHL

Palushajmarch21

Aaron Palushaj during  Canadiens last July. John Mahoney, The Gazette

Aaron Palushaj’s first stint with the Canadiens is over, the club sending him back to the Hamilton Bulldogs on Monday. In his place, the Canadiens have called up centreman Andreas Engqvist.

The team’s release:

The Montreal Canadiens announced Monday that centreman Andreas Engqvist has been recalled from the AHL Hamilton Bulldogs, while right winger Aaron Palushaj has been assigned to Hamilton.

The 6’04’’, 197 lbs centreman, aged 23, suited up for two games with the Canadiens this season, including his first NHL contest on January 21 at Ottawa. Engqvist was held pointless, while recording one shot on goal, two hits and three blocked shots and averaging 10:25 minutes of ice time per game.

Engqvist appeared in 62 games with the Bulldogs this season, registering 21 points (8 goals, 13 assists). Two of his goals were scored on the power play. He has collected 122 shots on goal, maintained a +8 plus/minus differential and served 16 penalty minutes.

A native of Stockholm, Sweden, Engqvist signed with the Canadiens as a free agent on July 13, 2009.

The 21 year old Palushaj suited up for the Canadiens’ last three games, including his first career NHL game, on March 17 against the Tampa Bay Lightning at the Bell Centre. Palushaj was held pointless, recording three shots on goal and three hits, while playing an average of 8:31 minutes per game.

Palushaj, 21, ranks third on the Bulldogs with 44 points (17 goals, 27 assists) in 57 games this season. Five of his goals have been tallied on the power play. The 5’11’’ and 177 lbs right winger is tied for first on the Bulldogs with a +15 plus/minus differential. He has registered 134 shots on goal and served 30 penalty minutes.

A native of Northville, Michigan, Palushaj was the St. Louis Blues’ fifth pick (second round, 44th overall) in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft. He was acquired from the Blues on March 2, 2010, in return for Matt D’Agostini.

1. coutNY says:

Its been so long since i posted… all of my profile has been wiped out.

2. habsindepth says:

The biggest reason for the call back is, in my opinion, because Pyatt didn’t work out as a center — Engqvist may end up being a nice big 3rd-4th line center that we have been looking for a while and it’s great they are giving him another chance to show himself.

By the way, the HIO team, the site is coming along very nicely, good work!

===================================
    Web: http://www.habsindepth.com – For the Fanatics
    Twitter: @habsindepth
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hidpage

Tag your tweets with #PriceForHart
    Go Habs Go

3. bwoar says:

I know most of us like to throw a brick or 3 now and again, me included. But c’mon, one guy saying unpopular things shouldn’t always trigger the worst in the herd.

It’s a new site, we get a bit of a clean slate ~ why not come to this dance with a bit more good sportsmanship and fellowship? I’m gonna try my best to stick to that, I hope some more do too.

Well Big Game tonight. We will definitely miss Plex more tonight against this Sabre team. Hopefully we can get that early goal again and play a sound game in “the system”. Would be so incredible to come out tonight 1 point ahead of those trash eating bears. Can’t see Enqvist playing alot of minutes tonight, as everyone has been saying for awhile, Great time for Gomez to get going….

Go Habs Go

FYI… read through last nights thread here are my thoughts
    Observer – why do you spend so much time on a Habs website, looking for people to say that your Leafs are on the way to the Cup?

Ian – You are a gentleman and a scholar on this site, I have read your posts for your years, only joined a few weeks ago.

5. I’m hoping that we can, as a group of positive-outlook Hab fans, rally together and simply ignore the malcontents, the obviously uneducated and the trolls. Only we as a group can right this ship, and bring it back to the good old days of H**s Inside/Out.

All it takes is a little ignoring.

So say we all.

6. Clay4bc says:

I see the same pathetic mods have followed here from the old HIO site…
    “The Rules
    Hockey Inside/Out encourages lively debate, but there is a zero-tolerance policy regarding racism, profanity and behaviour that we deem to be offensive.
    We will, without warning, ban those who do not abide by this simple rule, so as to maximize the enjoyment of readers and participants of both sexes and all ages.”

This place has been reduced to childishness yet again. You people hate Observer so much, then ignore him, He was not the problem tonight, it was those piling on him that were.

__________________________
    The only interesting answers are those which destroy the questions. ~Susan Sontag

7. Strabo says:

Punctuation is powerful—one punctuation mark can change the whole meaning of a sentence.

Last night JD refered to Observer as “My Bitch” Observer replied,
    “sorry i dont have relations with men like you”.
    Now that you have shown your propensity for men. Observer, what type of man do you like to have relations with?

“Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.” Albert Einstein

8. RiverviewCanadien says:

Wow, seriously everyone? No I did not read all the comments, I have better things to do.

This is why I don’t post very often anymore, this site is a playground without any teachers supervising. When someone posts an opinion that you don’t like, quick call the gang, we have a flogging to do.

Honestly, if you don’t like or agree with a comment, ignore it. Constantly going back and forth is ridiculous. I thought Habs fans were better than this.

I am not a Leaf hater like most Canadiens fans (the more Canadian teams in playoffs the better IMO). The team that has always drew the ire of a thousand fire breathing dragons (I think that is the 2nd reference to fire breathing dragons I have made on this site) is Boston and will always be Boston, not the Leafs.

GO HABS GO!

• The Cat says:

I agree 100%

• Chuck says:

This is rich. Posted by a guy who has slung more than his fair share of sh– on HIO. What’s the weather like up there on your pedestal, Riverview?

;)

• RiverviewCanadien says:

Weather is actually getting quite nice in Riverview. Snow is melting, playoffs are around the corner, all my little peons are diligently working round clock (from up here on Mt Doom, I see everything!).

How about yourself, up too late last night arguing with the degenerates (or I should say attacking them)?
        ;)

9. HalifaxHabs says:

wow, I just read through all these angry comments… nice thread last night boys.

observer loves to talk like what he says is fact, and everyone else is clueless. too bad he’s almost always wrong.

he sounds ridiculous with his Mike Milbury hockey card and his closet Leafs love.

10. baruch says:

— just a few thoughts on the HIO rebranding…
    - I had thought HIO was a cozy little community of Habs fans when in fact it was an anomalous ganglion increasingly bulging from the side of the mother ship canada.com/Postmedia Network. Postmedia Network, through the Gazette, pays the people who run HIO, Stubbs, Mio, probably Boone too… In other words, we were all playing on corporate turf.
    - (speculation) CdHC probably has some issues with Postmedia Network, which is why they have sanctioned the use of the name Habs (and apparently all use of the Habs logo (seen it around here recently?)) on this site. (and why CTV can still have numerous Habs-titled columns). Though, it probably comes down to the domain name issue, since that is a particularly sensitive area for CI lawyers. Postmedia Network owned and operated a domain with the word ‘Habs’ in it and CdHC would want them to pay for that.
    This is probably also why ‘smaller’ sites like FHF and HEOTP are not sanctioned.

most irksome in this whole story, of course, is that nobody from the admin of the site bothered to consult with any of us lowly members on what could have been an exciting and interesting collaborative challenge: how to rebrand the site within the new restrictions. Instead, HIO decided simply to present us with a fait accompli, and that is disrespectful. Instead of bringing us further into the community of the site, they gave us the cold shoulder and asked us to lump it or leave it. What can one expect from a mega-corporation like Postmedia Network?

• punkster says:

So I take it you missed the questionnaires and feedback surveys they ran last year? So far I’ve been pleasantly surprised to see that many of the suggestions on which we provided input have been implemented. Am I totally satisfied with the new format? Not yet but I’m happy with the features released so far and it looks like more are on the way.
      Give it a bit of time. You may come to like it. Or not.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

• baruch says:

might be that mine is a minority opinion, so be it. I answered the big survey they put out a couple of months ago, and didn’t see any questions there about changing the name or the identity of the site.
        I am not saying the new site is bad, it is better and worse in ways. My point was that HIO could have built a stronger community by including us more explicitly in the change of identity, so we could all participate and invest in it. Just having us answer a questionnaire which only tangentially implied some changes would be made, misses this.

11. Great Job Web Masters.

39 Years Old Here, I love the New look.

However, you should have some players, or maybe a shot of the Bell Center Crowd in the background around the comment frame. Fade it in so it doesn’t stick out too much, maybe a 50-75% fade in. Then for fun, every time a Hockey Inside Out Member is at a game, they (the member) could take a picture of themselves in the crowd. That picture could be sent to you, you crop it into the website background, and see if anyone spots it.

They Call Me Shane

12. Propwash says:

observer – “And he himself destroys it by giving a biased outlook on Burke ignoring all good he’s done in the 2 full seasons and obvious big year coming up next year for them. So if he gives biased reports on that whose to say his reports on Habs farmhands isn’t biased as well. He is destroying his own credibility on his own.”

You don’t seem to get it, nobody here gives a rats arse what Burke has done, or will do. The Leafs are a non factor, they have been for the last few decades, they’re a joke of a hockey team, and the only reason they are still relevant is because their fans are force fed BS on a constant basis. Barring some miracle, they’re not going anywhere for a looooong time.

Oh, and by the way, your pic you so obsess about is so frigging small, nobody can make it out! If you’re trying to prove a point, it ain’t gonna work that way.

• The Cat says:

This is where hab fans contradict themselves. On the one hand, the leafs arent important and are not relevant, and then theres the hate for them. By hating it gives them importance, it seems to me.

Observer isnt that wrong IMO. Many people see the moves by Gainey or Gauthier as either good or great, and moves by other GMs as either unimportant or irresponsible.

• Propwash says:

Maybe, but look at the end result so far.

• blu3chip says:

It is always different to view stuff from Leafs/Nordiques fans’ perspectives. But on a Habs fans site, those views are worthless.

• The Cat says:

You cant say that anymore. You’re wasting your time with your petty little replies. Its only going to end with you looking stupid in the end.

• blu3chip says:

Well some Nordiques fans are sure full of themselves.
            Oh no a Nordiques fan said my replies are ‘petty and ‘little’, and I will only look stupid in the end, what should I do, I’m so scared now.

[Disclaimer]: I’m a Habs fan. I care about the Nordiques (although they don’t exist anymore), but probably not as much as The Cat does.

• The Cat says:

blu3chip, do you think youre the first to make such comments? I been here 3 years. And FYI I rarely bring up the Nordiques. Its people like you that do when they have nothing intelligent to say. Theres no reason to not be civil. And theres no reason to make out other teams to be garbage cause at the end of the day, all youll have done is lose to -or defeat garbage.

• Bill J says:

bluechip – while Cat loves the ‘Diques more then the Habs – he’s a good guy (unlike some other non-Hab fans) if ALL non-Hab fans who posted here acted like Cat. We’d all be better off.

I tease Cat a lot about his preference of Hockey teams, but it’s only teasing….

Join the Facebook Group: Carey Price Is ALL HART in 2010/2011!.

• blu3chip says:

Don’t wanna turn this to another long (thin) thread.
            All I was saying is, Nordiques/Leafs fans have different views (hockey related stuff) than Habs fans. And since this is a Habs fan page, we can’t care less how fans of other teams feel.
            Your ‘disclaimer’ is just there to confuse people. You are a Nordiques fan so why not say it out loud? “I’m a Nordiques fan. I care about the Habs and I’m here because my team died.”

• blu3chip says:

Bill J, I know what you are saying, he is definitely not the worst I have seen. But this is a Habs fan page. I just can’t stand some of his ‘pretend-to-be-rational’ comments. On a public hockey forum, sure, why not. But not in our backyard.

13. rocketsglare says:

Interesting the call up of Engqvist. Is the club anticipating a long injury to Plekanec or is it adding size and scoring depth at centre?

14. Habby says:

Here’s Carey Price channeling his inner Patrick Roy during the shootout against Tampa Bay on March 17.

;)

The drive for 25 is alive!

15. kempie says:

What the hell did I miss?
    Edit: Never mind. Found it. Hilarious.

I posted this below but I will repeat it because it brings back fond memories of the Water-Pistol fight at the Big OK Corral thread:

Listen up Jeff Crawford. Nobody else pretends to be RCMP and then makes veiled threats via his wanna-be desire to be a head cracker. Nobody except you that is.

You were an id10t as habs_guru, you were an id10t as Tony242. Now you’re reverting back to you’re true persona, persona non grata that is!

• Chuck says:

Hopefully the Wayback Machine will save this one for posterity. :)

• SeriousFan09 says:

I was about to make another rebuke to Observer but I decided to stop. His insanity is just tiring and I shouldn’t let myself get roped into it.

Being addicted to arguments has its drawbacks.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

• Chuck says:

It’s good practice for the NESN boards. :)

• observer says:

You are a predjudiced and biased fan your mind is set in stone just like of many teams in many sports. Everyone else is an idiot. Better look in the mirror and grow up!

Loser.*

*JD_ approved

• observer says:

calling airhead fans exactly what they are if they are that way and many are on this blog and displays it clearly. i repeat the photo shows how little you know about the sport you are an expert of in your mind.

• Propwash says:

SeriousFan09 has one thing you don’t have around here. Respect.

He didn’t have to ask for it, he earned it. Plus, he contributes to HIO. All you contribute here is a load of s…

• SeriousFan09 says:

I am a man of strong opinions, that I shall never deny.

However I make my opinions based on my judgement and my ethics and for that I dislike the Leafs and Burke. A franchise and a GM were never so perfectly matched, completely overblown in their publicity and equally assured of their own self-importance for no real reasons other than circumstances dictate that their egos be coddled.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

• observer says:

Proving what I said above. You say you hate LEAFS AND BURKE THEN SAY THOSE THINGS ABOUT THAT TEAM OF NOW AND NEXT YEAR. CASE CLOSED

Good night

17. Jdub1985 says:

was Palush that bad? I didn’t think so.

18. Chuck says:

Well, this has been a lot of fun, but I’m afraid that it’s time for me to call it a night. Unlike, say… Observer, I’m employable and people are willing to throw decent money my way in exchange for my mad skillzzzzz, so I need my beauty rest.

Holy Whoppin’ cheeses I missed a dandy tonight. What’s got JD_’s goat? Obie One Disturbie seems to be more than a thorn tonight.

20. ooder says:

hey guys remeber Jay Bouwmeseter…
    neither do i

——————
    GWG = game winning gionta!

21. HABWARRIOR says:

can someone tell me how to put up a pic for my avatar.Im either really stupid or its hard to do but i for the life of me cant figure out how to do it with this new site looking the way it does….HELP PLEASE! thanks.

22. HABZ24 says:

finally the league cracks down with the proper suspension. cooke gets the rest of season and first round of playoffs. the habs young guns from the farm are hungry to make the monster bucks and they play hard as heck to stay up, love it when the guys like white and subban show up cammelleri and gill for example.

23. observer says:

Finally someone stood up to Bettman

• JD_ says:

By “up and comin’” I presume you mean missin’ the playoffs for the umpteenth time.

Reimer’s the first real goalie since the last real Loafs goalie. Sigh, what a Loaf moron.

Cap room. Yeah, the Loafs are privy to cap room. Clueless twit.

T.O. is fine. I’ll be flyin’ in there at 9am on Wednesday to negotiate things the momma in yer head could not start to understand. On a flight out at 4pm. Porter. Whoop-tee-effin’-d00.

Wanna have lunch, freak? I’m buyin’.

Freak.

Robert Rice is eons the guy you’ll never be. Too late for you, freakboy.

This season, last season, whatever number of seasons since your team lost or won.

(You’re still my bitch.)

(Don’t forget.)

Freak.

(Man, am I ever an a-hole tonight.)

• Chuck says:

Must be those two cheap beers…

• observer says:

Why this insane hate for the leafs? they havent caused the habs to NOT make the cup finals for 18 years? well once they knocked em out the final saturday night when gainey refused to use halak. is that why you hate them moron. at least i see you understand what you are. your final sentence is the only accurate thing you posted – you must be sobering up.

i just watched what limitless pills can do.

• JD_ says:

Has nothin’ to do with the Loafs.

It’s all about you, loser.

See, you’re my bitch.

You can’t possibly be this st00pid, can you?

• habsfansince91 says:

just to add something to your comment;

it also has nothing to do with who or what jersey that person in your avatar/photo is wearing

@supposed habs fansince91

oh yes it does! it shows how little you know about hockey that is why you dont have a clue about it

See, you’re my bitch.

—————

So you like to do it with men! Figures! No wonder you are worshipping these players. From your experience who do you consider the most beautiful Habs player?

• Chuck says:

They haven’t caused the Habs to not make the finals in 18 years, but they HAVE caused themselves not to do it in almost 44.

• observer says:

So that makes you feel good? we’re only useless for 18 years but they stink for 44? wow! why not compare yourself to the winners?

• Chuck says:

You’re the one who compared them, Loser*.

*JD_ approved

• HardHabits says:

• RonC says:

We’re ready & waiting here in Winnipeg…

Winnipeg fan

24. observer says:

Chuck

Leafs GM? The one they have now in less than 2 full seasons who started from scratch, completely dismantled te team has them just missing the playoffs this year and sitting with about $25 million in cap room on July 1 and has all his best players under contract for next year. Which will allow him to sign Brad Richards and others. He is doing an excellent job. But I am no Leaf fan, all you sharpies who think you know hockey don’t even notice that is not a Leaf uniform on that picture beside my name. I don’t think anyone of you geniuses even knows who that team is., let alone which player.

• FormalWare says:

I don’t think it is your avatar, sir, that leads certain members to peg you as a Leafs fan.

• SeriousFan09 says:

Brad Richards is under no obligation to sign with a perennial loser franchise, he’s turning 31 this May and would probably not want to lose 3-5 years of his remaining career just waiting for a possible rebuild in Leaf-land to put him in a Cup race situation when he can write his own ticket this offseason.

That cap space does Toronto no good if there are few top players in free agency, in fact it means they will have to pay a premium in free agency for what talent there is and hurt their cap space.

Burke overreached and drastically underestimated the talent pool in Toronto, giving up high picks for a support player in Kessel. He can’t lift a team on his back, it isn’t in him. Reimer is just the latest Gustavsson/Toskala/Raycroft, an average goalie who the NHL hasn’t probably scouted yet and learned to light up.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

• observer says:

Toronto is an up and coming team in 2 full seasons there Burke has turned them around. Reimer is the first real goalie they’ve had there since Belfour. That cap room will get them the best out there and Richards like anyone will take the best offer. Toronto is a first class city. You hate it obviously as a predjudiced fan – unfortunate because it belittles your fine listing of Habs prospects as it makes it appear you are very biased.

BTW – Toronto has a winning record this year. This record is better than the losing record last season the Habs had.

• habsfansince91 says:

Leafs record this year is 32-31-10
          habs record last year was 39-33-10
          I’m failing to see how they’re having a better season than the habs from last year…

• SeriousFan09 says:

So basically, Leafs will go 7-2 from this point on? Hahaha and I thought I was an amateur comedian.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

• HardHabits says:

@observer – March 22, 2011 at 1:13 am

C’mon. Let’s hear it. 74 points – they need 7 wins in 9 games to reach 88. Guess what? It aint gonna happen.

That’s a 43% win percentage. Think they’ll make 47%? Not unless they win 7 of 9.

The difference between the Habs and Burke is with Gainey and company the Habs are rebuilding from top to bottom, a slow rebuild, a complete overhaul and make-over AND they are competitive, that includes serious man games lost to injuries and a plethora of call-ups AND a young net minder who IS the next great one AND with Alex Auld as back-up.

The Leafs by contrast are trying to rebuild a team a la NHL ’11 hoping for a quick turn around. Maybe. Just Maybe. Burke will admit his team is 10 years away from making the play-offs. Let’s see what he does with his 12 draft picks but it still looks like Ottawa and Edmonton will be light years ahead of the Leafs by the time they make the play-offs again.

• Bugs says:

Every year, same thing. You stank yourself out of the playoffs by X-Mas, wait until the non-pressure is at its zenith, then you go on a late season run that goes nowhere, but presto! You’re now an “up and coming team”…and then the cycle restarts anew.
          Every year, we get to hear about how much better than us the leafs are and every year, eee-mayday-mayday-eee-pilot-to-bombadeer-bailout-bailout-eeennnrrrrr-CRASH!
          Yeah, “Toranna has a (chuckle) winning record this year”. It’s too bad most of the other teams in the East have a winninGER record though…
          …what makes us say he’s a leafer, he asks…
          No other fans talk THIS crazy, Obie, not even us.

Chillin like MacMillan, potty-boy goes by the moniker L. Bugs Potter, esq.

• habsfansince91 says:

Lol, winning at the end of the season and missing the playoffs always gives fans false hope fore the future. I happens every year.

• SeriousFan09 says:

I hate Toronto as a person who’s been living in Ontario! Most overrated city ever. If you’re not rich, you’re not seeing a big benefit out of being there. Richards still has better choices out there because like many players, he might also want to win, that’s the word, WIN. Leafs have no history of winning since the League went beyond six teams. Nothing at all, they’ve done nothing and Richards can do better than resigning his fate to a team with an overhyped ‘youth’ group of secondary talents and self-important ego cases with no real leadership.

Ed Belfour is 3rd all-time for career wins as an NHL goaltender. Give your head a shake, you do not make such comparisons and not sound like a fool. There have been nicer stats than his by a rookie and they’ve meant nothing a year or two later, see Steve Mason’s rookie season with CLB.

As habsfansince91 pointed out, your math is also off for the Leafs “Winning” record. Just another year of their little “well since it doesn’t matter anymore, now we will start trying” adventure in the late part of the season.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

serious fan

i did not say as good as belfour i said he was the best goalie they had since belfour. and they also have all kinds of draft picks, where as gainey here had been trading so many 2s and others a 1 and got rid of #1 picks like hainsey, mcdonagh, chipchura, fisher, higgins, komisarek etc and other picks that there was no foundation here THEN in a complete reversal of 6 years of never signing almost any free agents molson made him sign all those guys 2 summers ago.

8 years ago they came here! burke took over a bad team immrediately started dismantling it. gainey said a 5 year plan and you accepted it and its now the 8th year but after 6 was nowhere, burke will have his 3rd THIRD full season next year has a core of locked-up players many draft picks including 2 number 1s this year, and about $25 million in cap space – you talk from your habs fan shoes – i am talking as a follower of hockey.

• Chuck says:

“hainsey, mcdonagh, chipchura, fisher, higgins, komisarek…”

Yeah, I sure wish that Gainey had kept all of those 1st-rounders. The Cup would have been our for sure!

• Chuck says:

They’ve won 31 games out of 73. In what universe does that equate to a winning record?

7 minutes before your post

observer says:
            March 22, 2011 at 1:13 am My mistake both of them had a losing record – now Leafs have 32 wins out of 73 games. Last year Habs had 39 wins out of 82 games.

Congratulations.

And by the way, you still haven’t answered my question from below. If you’re as good at computer readin’ as you say you are, you’d be able to hunt up an answer sometime before Thursday.

• filincal says:

it’s been up and coming for how many years?
          so have the Preds,Coyotes,Kings and so on and so on. Richest team but mismanaged…sad sad sad. Keep drinking the kool aid

I BLEED BLEU BLANC ET ROUGE!!!

• Chuck says:

I’s hard to not be an ‘up and coming team’ when you’re finishing at the bottom of the pile. Nowhere else to go, really.

• Chuck says:

All of his best players? Yeah… how’s that Komisarek working out for you?

• Bugs says:

Is it Joe “Big” Smoke from the Mississauga Leaf-Lovers?

Chillin like MacMillan, potty-boy goes by the moniker L. Bugs Potter, esq.

• habsfansince91 says:

“completely dismantled the team has them just missing the playoffs this year”

What’s your point? The habs were dismantled before last season started and made the conference finals and better yet, this year they’re already doing better than they did last year in the regular season with twice as many injuries.

• observer says:

What does burke rebuilding his team have to do with montreal. do not compare it and especially since you did not state that gainey and gauthier dismantled the team that they themselves put togather for 6 years! BECAUSE MOLSON FORCED THEM TO GET NEW PLAYERS!

• habsfansince91 says:

What does it have to do with Montreal? You brought up the fact Burke dismantled the team and came close to making the playoffs this year and I mentioned that the habs did the exact same thing but with much better results. What’s wrong with me saying that the habs were dismantled and then made the conference finals?

On a second note, I’d love to know where you get all your information about Molson forcing the management to get new players.

• observer says:

Burke is in his 2nd complete season not 8th year here. and he dismantled the team others built. gainey dismantled the team he himself built. i did not compare them or compare them or habs to how phoenix or nashville was built – you did. i think he has done a fine job and next year they will be a contending eastern conference team in his 3rd full year there. they have all that cap room and a core of signed players – i am not saying it as a fan because i am not a fan of that team. i also think washington is the best team in the east now been saying it for weeks – i am not a washington fan either.

my photo sure has proved how sharp these sharpies here arent.

• Chuck says:

Well observer, at least you got the ‘Leafs will be an Eastern Conference team next year’ part right.

• habsfansince91 says:

I don’t see why i wouldn’t compare them to the habs (since we are in a habs forum after all). Regardless, you have your opinion and I have mine. Since there’s no convincing you, let’s just leave it at that.

• Chuck says:

The “purge” didn’t happen under the Molson’s watch.

• observer says:

The sale was going thru! Just months before as Gainey did nothing at the trade deadline except pick up Metropolit on waivers he said he was satisfied with his team that was full of free agents to be that he didnt trade away for something and in july got nothing. he said he was satisfied with that team then lets half of them go 3 months later- OBVIOUSLY MOLSON TOLD HIM TO RESTOCK THE TEAM.

• Chuck says:

Obviously, you’re delusional. So what you’re telling us is that Molson told Gainey how to spend Gillet’s money.

• filincal says:

difference was Gainey was/is a “smart” hockey mind.

I BLEED BLEU BLANC ET ROUGE!!!

25. mike g says:

Im sorry guys, staff and people who post on h/io, but this site went from by far my favorite on the web to one that i wont be visiting much anymore. It was the best and most simple place to interact and get excellent news on the team, and now it looks and feels like its trying to be hip and cool like the rest of them. There was absolutely no need to change the layout/format of this site.

Its so hard to find the same information that was so simple to find on the old site. Call me old school and a complainer if you want, but ive grown up in the internet age and this used to be one heck of an awsome site. Ive seen some good and bad sites, and this one was excellent.

Wont be getting many hits from me anymore, and its sad because like many of you this web page was part of my day and my regular routine.

• Mattyleg says:

It’ll be a shame if you leave. I like having your banter around.
      If you’re a bit patient, it’ll come. I was skeptical first too.
      They are adjusting things at the moment to make it good.
      The site’s flavour is still there (because the people are still here). You just have to believe it…

Kind of like God or Schroedinger’s Cat.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• 24moreCups says:

I’d have to agree, I’m still going to come to the site multiple times a day like before but I just won’t enjoy it as much.

I thought it was a lot better before, more simple and I enjoyed that.

26. sidhu says:

Palushaj had a strong first game, but got bounced around the second. With Boston coming up, that probably made the coaches uncomfortable. Eng is 6′ 04″ and likely stronger on his skates.

I hope Paloosh gets another look next season, he has promise.