Bruins down Canadiens again

CareyPrice2

It was a different night and a new roster, but it was the same result for the Canadiens against the Boston Bruins.

Third-period goals by Tyler Seguin and Chris Clark gave the Bruins a 2-1 win over the Canadiens on Monday, 24 hours after a 7-3 Bruins win in Halifax.

The Canadiens had grabbed a 1-0 lead in the second period when Michael Cammalleri scored on Tuukka Rask with less than five minutes to play in the frame.

Carey Price played the whole game, making 30 stops on 32 shots.

1. RetroMikey says:

Gauthier really screwed up signing Markov than Wiz and Hamrlik and we must trade Weber in a package while we can get something in return for this overrated prospect
    Some idiot GM will take the chance then.
    Gotta love Wiz, being suspended and playing physical, hard and ugly in the exhibition games.
    Why can’t we have a guy like this on our team?
    I don’t see any offensive improvement on this fragile team this year and our DMen are no better with the signing of Campoli who really is replacing Picard or a Stopel.
    Yes Habs fans, it will be another soap opera with this team of ours….”as the stomach turns”

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “

2. Sheldon says:

yank-ed – the result of watching the Montreal Canadiens play hockey, e.g. they yanked me again last night!

3. MisterAtkin says:

Hey,

Has anyone seen Brad Marchand’s Stanley cup tattoo? Very dignified, classy…

• Da Hema says:

Yes…class, integrity, distinction–these are all words that immediately come to mind when talking about the Boston Bruins and its players.

The Boston Bruins certainly are worthy “Starley Cup champians.”

4. Renegade says:

Its over. Seasons done. These guys couldnt win a game if their lives depended on it. Whats that? It’s preseason? Thats meaningless!!!! This is Montreal, if the team doesnt win now playing with only half a squad of NHLers, there is no way they can win with the full NHL roster! Might as well not watch the season, cause it’s already over.

Seriously people, get over it. The pre-season is meaningless, it is not an indicator of performance in the regular season in any way, shape, or form. Take a deep breath and relax, in fact, dont even watch another pre-season game. Just wait for the Season opener and then you can make all the pessimistic, doom and gloom posts you like. At least then the actual season will have started and the posts may actually have a thread of relevence to them. Or maybe not.

All that being said, win or lose, Im looking forward to another season of Canadiens hockey, and hoping for the best for the team.

5. Habitant in Surrey says:

…this was the first PRESEASON game I have watched more than 2 periods …I watched the 2nd & 3rd of this second game agin da TeddyBears
    …impression of the game ? …hmmm, when watchin’ da Broon’s coming down the ice I am reminded of the American 6th fleet of humongous aircraft carriers sailing full speed ahead towards da Habs’ goal
    …when I watch Our Habs, I see a swarm of mosquitoes confused by citronella
    …so WHAT have We got here ? …well, injuries are what they ARE ! (…10 on the injured-list if I am not mistaken)
    …Carey is beginning to get in ‘The Flow’ …but I wish He would do something else more ‘safe’ than rodeo in the summer …because one predictable September We will be aghast about Our Sweet Jesus convalescing a broken leg, arm, hand or neck
    …anyOne that knows Me KNOWS Jacques Martin is NOT The Man I would choose behind Our bench …yet, I like what JM is doing for Our prospects this PRESEASON
    …it would have been easy and very tempting to put a virtual team of regular season Players on the ice, especially against the Yogi Bears …but I like what He has alternatively done
    …JM has recognized We have more credible prospects than We have had for a very, very long time
    …giving Them the maximum opportunity for experience playing NHL calibre (?) hockey against such intense rivals (whom, by the way, are also the Stanley Cup Champions) will only provide these young Men unforgettable and important experience to motivate Their development
    …in the cloud of unsurprising disappointment Our PRESEASON record is not what We think it should be, I see much benefit that will be recognizable in the months and years to come

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

• Uwey says:

Habs player would have been tossed in the bin with extra minutes.

That said, Dumont rubs Lucic off of the puck twice in the same shift, legally, after the second time, Lucic crosschecks Dumont, Dumont stands his ground but does not retaliate, so Lucic gives him a two handed across the shin pads at which time the refs skates over gently pushes Lucic away as the play continues.

The way I see it, damned if you do, damned if you don’t. Refs clearly in view of both the Campbell & Lucic offenses, yet penalized for neither. I’ll bet Vancouver fans can relate to this feeling.

Personally, I am becoming very turned off by Gary Bettman’s Side Show known as the NHL.

6. durocher says:

Most disappointing moment in the pre-season: Price gets hit by Campbell, and no Hab on the ice or thereafter does anything about it.

Totally inexcusable.

7. durocher says:

Moen is hurt? The guy barely seems to be giving any effort. Seems like it takes some physical exertion to get hurt.

8. j2w4habs25 says:

I hope this means we dont have a losing streak during Xmas “mid to end of December” :)

Carey Price #31

9. Jim Edson says:

Some disturbing bad habits are resurfacing throughout these “meaningless” pre-season games!

- Still surrendering late period goals
    - Dzone is still chaotic
    - Scoring remains a chore
    - PP is ineffective
    -Shots from the point are a distant memory of last season.
    - tendancy to play down to the level of weaker teams.
    -leads cannot be protected!
    - Coach plays not to lose rather than win!

Lots of negatives to fix in 10 days a few of which will be spent in a retreat learning the ways of monks.

———————————————————————-

Who am I: Mohamar Ghadaffi or Gary Bettman.

• thorandresson says:

You forgot to mention:

Fans over reacting and thinking it’s the end of the world because they lost another preseason game.

In the words of Carey Price “Chill out!”

• Jim Edson says:

Who is referring to one game?

Comments are hardly on overreaction just observations of last years’ shortcomings being addressed in this years team.

———————————————————————-

Who am I: Mohamar Ghadaffi or Gary Bettman.

10. Number31 says:

Gallagher Mania!

C’mon Hockey Gods…give the kid a bone. All those posts have to be goals some day.

11. PrimeTime says:

Who are the obnoxious loudmouth dilusional drunks at the end of the bar who think they are the life of the party? Ya baby, u da bomb. When you look in the mirror… don’t blame the mirror!

So I has a question. How many games is it going to take before the gelling?

Yaaaawn. Nice game of shinny. Habs completely refuse to engage in any sort of physical play. I understand guys like Pleks and Cammillari don’t give rats ass but the youngsters are completely emotionless. I swear I saw division E games in my bush beer league played harder than this bunch. How many more games of this pre-season crap and how long before these useless teens are sent back to their respective junior or other bush league clubs?

14. Mikey_39 says:

Aside from the fact that this preseason has been boring as hell, zero offense, terrible defense that can’t get out of their own zone, and a bunch of youngsters that don’t seem at all hungry to show what they got…I gotta say that the most disgusted I’ve been with this team was watching Price get body checked to the ground by that scum bag cambell, with THREE HABS PLAYERS RIGHT THERE and nobody did anything. It’s disgusting that not one of those players stood up for their goalie and it’s disgusting that management has not added any size to our bottom six, that can crack a stick over a guy like cambell’s face when they take liberties like that. I can’t bare to watch this team that I love get manhandled by bullies like the bruins again this year.

I swear, it’s getting harder and harder to defend this team.

15. samTHEman says:

Heard on l’Antichambre that DD and Subban skated this morning and should take part in the last 2 games of the pre-season. Moen and White seem a bit more serious.

16. Everlasting1 says:

This hit on Krejci might make some feel better :)

——————————————————————-
    When the Hebrew scouts investigate the Promised Land of Canaan and return to discourage the other Hebrews from entering it..”We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them.” [Numbers 13:33]

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

• Timo says:

Always great to see a Bruin destroyed.

• Everlasting1 says:

What was sweet about it was Oshie had the puck when he levelled him, and carried on with it afterwards. Not to mention his SO goal in winning it, and Halak stopping 33 of 34.

——————————————————————-

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

17. punkster says:

psy·cho·sis/sīˈkōsəs/
    Noun: A severe mental disorder in which thought and emotions are so impaired that contact is lost with external reality

***Subbang Baby!!!***

18. punkster says:

Mass hysteria
    - a condition in which a large group of people exhibit the same state of violent mental agitation
    - a type of collective behaviour where a dispersed group reacts emotionally and irrationally to a real or perceived threat.

***Subbang Baby!!!***