Canadiens aim for fourth straight win

POSTGAME PANTHERS (audio delayed in the email): Jacques Martin | Sniper Hal Gill 1 and 2 |
Carey Price | Travis Moen | David Desharnais

FRIDAY PRACTICE: Jacques Martin | Brian Gionta | Carey Price

The Canadiens fly to Tampa this afternoon for tomorrow night’s game against the Lightning, the Habs aiming for their fourth straight win.

Pat Hickey reports nothing earth-shattering out of today’s practice at the Bank Atlantik Center, site of last night’s 4-0 win over the Florida Panthers. Centre Scott Gomez missed his second consecutive practice today, in the clinic for therapy. Gomez has his critics for his lack of production this season, but currently he is dealing with legitimate injury issues.

1. HabFanSince72 says:

I think Gomez is being vilified for sucking the big one, injured or not.

2. RiverviewCanadien says:

Hmmm, not sure I buy that, but hey your opinion.

Is it worth the risk of him REALLY agitating this “injury”? IMO, this team needs a healthy fired up Gomez come playoffs. I am not a Gomez basher, I like the guy, I wish he had more production, but oh well.

Anyways, just curious as to why you would play a forward that much who can’t make practice twice. Cearly Eller’s line would have benefited the most with that time, seeing they were the best line on the ice.

3. shiram says:

Heh to me it’s not such a big deal, but you have some other factors you need to figure in.

Gomez is supposedly hurt. DD barely got over 10 minutes, and Eller just under 13 minutes. Why not rest the hurt Gomez, and play those young rookies that are so full of energy??

All in all its not a big deal, just another weird JM decision.

4. Chris says:

I was definitely smitten with Kari Traa back in the late 1990’s, and she’s still pretty amazing today.  :)

5. RJ says:

Normally, when players are injured their ice time is cut. After taking a therapy day from practice he logged BIG minutes again last night.

“My face is my mask,” Gump Worsley

6. LA Loyalist says:

He didn’t shoot. Look at Desharnais goal… heck, look at that goal Gomez scored earlier in the year from the goal line in the corner, just throwing it at the net. Nobody’s asking him to be Kovalchuk (except maybe me :)).

Thanks again for Hamilton info, I’m going to try very hard to watch the game on Sunday.

7. SmartDog says:

Come on.  To remain impartial Campbell doesn’t preside over Bruin punishments.

Instead he assigns his hand-picked employee to not give out penalties to the Bruins.

8. Mark C says:

I fear you are right SF09, but at some point enough has to be enough. Lucic is developing a long track record of attacking players who are already engaged with high hits/sucker punches.

9. HabFanSince72 says: