Can B’s bounce back?

4897193

Photo by Ian Lindsay/PNG

The Stanley Cup final shifts to Boston with the Bruins down 0-2.
They’ve faced that deficit before.
But the Canucks aren’t the Canadiens.

And of 34 teams that have lost the first two road games of a final, only two have come back to win the Stanley Cup.

Red Fisher on the series

• Jack Todd on a good week for hockey

Canucks cautious

Bruins face long odds

Kevin Paul Dupont on the B’s predicament

Pierre LeBrun on wearing down the Canucks

Julien accentuates the positive

• Larry Brooks thinks Brad Richards is too expensive for the Rangers

Another team in Toronto?

1. habaholic68NJ says:

I can’t believe it. They fixed the bug and I can post again. A big thank you to Sebastien at HIO who fixed it.

I’d like to see the Bruins win the next two games if only to read all the twists and turns, moaning and groaning here.

Could you imagine this place if the Bruins came back? HIO would be split into two factions again. On one side there would be those who would ask for more size and grit and on the other there would be those who would argue that the Habs coulda, shoulda, woulda if only and are only a piece or two away, whatever that means and that once you make the play-offs anything can happen.

• punkster says:

Well I think that we have to figure the Bruins are done. This isn’t the Habs they’re playing. The Canucks seem to be a team with size, grit, speedy forwards, good D and excellent goaltending. Now where have I heard that recipe before ;)

They may win one at home. I hope they do as I would like to see the Cup won in Vancouver.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

3. scott9002ca says:

but if they sweep boston, when will there be a dramatic opportunity to get called for too many men on the ice?

4. showey47 says:

From what i understand max lapierre can be the first player in nhl history to win a cup while playing for 3 different teams in one season.

• punkster says:

Shows you that job stability isn’t all its cracked up to be. (I think it’s great that he has the opportunity because it will likely never come along again for him).

***Subbang Baby!!!***

5. 123456 says:

ok i dislike the bruins just as much as the next habs fan, but they barely lost the first two games. the bruins are a good team.

having said that, the fact that middle finger man made a terrbile play that lead to vancouvers OT winner gave me a chuckle.

6. G-Man says:

Can the B’s bounce back?
    Yes, but only if they are hitting tennis balls against a wall and not playing a superior hockey team. I am loving this “dagger in the heart” final!

7. HabFanSince72 says:

Larry Brooks bizarrely states that if the Rangers pay Brad Richards what he wants (which is more than what the Rangers are prepared to pay) it would amount to bribing him to play in New York. And that Richards should accept a lower offer from the Rangers because he’s already earned enough money in his life.

I am guessing that if the Daily Mail offered Mr Brooks significantly better terms he would probably switch newspapers.

8. Difficult task to comeback from a 0-2 deficit and win, but not impossible.

I can’t see the bruins comeback on this one despite the fact that they managed to get to the finals. I believe they met their match with a stronger Western conference team.

As good as Tim Thomas is in nets for the Bruins this season, I believe that Canucks netminder Luingo has probably been waiting for this moment for some time and is more mentally ready for this challenge than ever before as we have seen so far. He is not about to let this opportunity be taken away from him being so close to touching the cup.

Plus, sfter having elimated the habs in 7, how many of you would love to see the Bruins comeback and win the cup? {I thought so}

While giving the Bruins credit for their success so far in this years playoffs, the flames and drive is dwindling and pretty soon will be extinct.

Canucks mania has arrived!!!

READ, RESEARCH AND WRITE ARTICLES ONLINE