Campoli surprised by NHL decision

5489504

“I’m not disappointed, but I’m somewhat surprised,” says Chris Campoli, who is part of the NHL competition committee that formulated the new rules governing blows to the head.
“When we talk about it, the biggest thing is hits to the head and I got hit to the head.”

Brendan Shanahan’s decision:

“We felt that this hit was the most challenging one so far in this preseason for the Department of Player Safety to evaluate. In the end, we felt that Malone had committed to the hit when Campoli was upright. However, when the contact was made, Campoli’s head position significantly changed just prior to the hit.

“There are elements about the hit that we don’t like – specifically, the principal point of contact being the head and that it was not a full-body check. But the overriding factor in our judgment was that Campoli’s loss of the puck and subsequent bending forward for it just prior contributed significantly, if not entirely, to those elements.”

Campoli thinks Malone deserved suspension

Hit stirs up team

François Gagnon puzzled by decision

Pat Hickey on team bonding

Pierre Durocher on closed-door practices

• Red Fisher’s Top 10: The miracle ’93 Cup winners

Komisarek slips down Leafs’ depth chart

One more time, this isn’t a head shot, right?

RDS’s Marc Denis does not see it the same way as Brendan Shanahan:

1. NLhabsfan says:

Llllzzz please find somewhere else to LEAVE your CRAP JUNK!!!

2. lllzzz03 says:

…w..w..w..voguebloom..c.o.m cheapest and fashion goods for man and woman
    …U.G.G…w.w.w ?voguebloom?…we will give you a big discount
    w..w..w..voguebloom..c..o..m…….
    ..L.V……..{?} * {?} ..
    ..N.I.K.E..{?} * {?} * {?} ..SH0ES
    …….: * {?} * {?} * ..
    …{?} * {?} * {?} * {?} ..
    …….* ; * ; {?} * ; * : ………?T?H?I?S?
    …Bur.berry…….;\ \ \\| / / /;……………?I?S? ?F?O?R?
    …G.U.C.C.I……\\ \ Y/ / / …………….?O?U?R?
    ..J.O.R.D.A.N……….`_\ |/ _’ ………….F?R?I?E?N?D?S?H?I?P
    …C0ACH………./ \\Y// \..
    …………( ,-}={-, )..
    …………..\_//((\_/….
    ………w..w..w..voguebloom..c..o..m…….
    ———————————-
    —w..w..w..voguebloom..c..o..m…….——————————-
    ———————————-
    all style air J0rdan sh0es33$,Air F0rce 1 33$, dunks SB sh0e$30-35, Sh0x sh0e$30-35. disc0unt jersey, High quality T-shirts20

$,ED hardit-shirts$20,ED Hardi h00dies,Evisu

sh0es,GUCC1 sh0es,LV HandBag$36,Chane1 Handbag36$,men,women fashi0n,AG,CL,AF,DG……
    you like ,you enjoy,you know
    welcome t0 ww w voguebloom c om

3. slychard says:

After watching the hit again since that game ( thx HIO for including video today ) what strikes me the most is that any player with half a hockey sense would have gone for the puck in that situation and easily kept the puck in the offensive zone to continue pressure. But no, Malone went for the hit because that was his full intention from the get go. The meaningless preseason game was lost at this point. So why not continue the carnage he’d displayed throughout the game he was obviously mandated by his coaches before the game. It’s a shame Shanny didn’t have the courage to tell his buddy Y ‘sorry I got a job to do, he goes, 2 games’ and the exemplary travail he was implementing to date would have been on track. Instead it has been derailed by nepotism and pressure from the old gard. It’s a shame. A crying shame.

4. drdrew85 says:

CBS? REALLY? How many NHL games a year does CBS show? A Monkey has been more correct than most analysts. I see the habs where i see em most years 6th – 8th. if all goes well, injury free than they can finish 1st-4th. if Price gets injured than we can finish as low as 15th.

Analysts/Experts can say what they want but in Sports you just don’t know, that’s why we love it so much.

Andrew J. Santos

• +1

Like every year, there are three or four clearly excellent teams and three or four clearly terrible ones. But in a league where 5 wins in an 82-game season can mean the difference between 5th and 11th place in the conference, everything else really is just crap shoot, determined by injuries, slumps and just plain luck.

5. Mattyleg says:

“It’s the most hilarious tiiiime of the yeaaaaar…”

The ‘ooooool POWER RANKINGS!!
    Where people yell about who has the most POWER!! going into the season.
    My vote for #1 on the POWER RANKINGS?
    The Three Gorges Dam
    Dam(n)! that thing’s got POWER!!
    Number 2?
    The Canadian Shield. Loads of potetential POWER, but still has to develop it.
    This year’s disappointment?
    Fukushima. Big slip in the POWER RANKINGS!! after that late-season meltdown.

I pay little to no credence to what ANY analyst says about the Habs. I actually prefer it when we’re overlooked.
    I recently laughed my way through 9/10ths of an ad for Sportsnet because they were crowing about Canada’s Passion For Sports, and showed every hockey team (plus the Raps and Jays and GSP) except the Habs. Then, just at the end, they showed a Luongo lookalike wearing a Habs bandana.
    I love it.
    THAT’S POWER!!!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• HardHabits says:

Oh dude. Hilarious!!! There are tears in me eyes from laughing so hard!!!

• kempie says:

Ha! I saw that commercial last night. 29 seconds of Jays, Leafs, Raps, Oil, Nucks, Leafs, Flames, Jays, Raps, Leafs, Sens, Leafs, Jays, Leafs, Nucks, Jays, Leafs and 1 second of a Habs bandana. I told the wife that it’s like they’re not even trying to make it look good anymore. I was surprised there wasn’t a quick “HABS SUCK” screen thrown in there.

• icemachine says:

I’m laughing hard enough to cry too. Epic!

Its time to switch to whiskey, we’ve been drinkin’ beer all night

People need to really take off the bleu-blanc-rouge coloured lenses.

The Habs have been a perennial middle of the pack team since 1993. They are a team whose best before date has long since past them by, they have become a team of little significance in the NHL apart from their storied past and that they are an Original Six team. Nobody picks them to win the Cup. Not anybody but the most delusional Habs fan.

The Habs have a long way to go to earn respect in this league and it is my not so humble opinion that it wont happen for quite some time and not until they significantly beef up. They’ve made a few steps in the right direction but nothing about this team drives fear into the hearts of their opponents. Any team knows that all it needs to do is lay the body on the Habs and yes they wont fold but press hard enough and they’ll break. Cammy is the best example. Two seasons with significant games lost due to questionable hits.

Here are CBS’ Sports Power Rankings for the upcoming season and it’s not pretty for Habs fans.

Once again Montreal is middle of the pack. And our nemesis is King of the Mountain. Yes you can dismiss it as just another American web site but the perception in hockey and among its fans still stands.

As I’ve stated many a time the sweet spot is finishing in the top 5. No team that doesn’t finish at least top 10 has any hope of hoisting Lord Stanley’s mug. The Habs are hard pressed to make 15th and the play-offs let alone finish top 10. Top 5?!?!?! Hahahahahahaha. I wish!!! I wonder if the Habs will ever reach those heights and stay there for a few years in my lifetime.

I am not yet disgusted with this team just very disappointed. I realize that we have to be patient because the team was completely over-hauled 3 summers ago. If I had one realistic wish for the Habs it would be a 4th line that could crash and bang, more so pummel their opponent. That is what the Habs lack: Physicality. They need it. BIG time!!!

To be honest this is where PG dropped the ball. He should have spent his summer working the phones acquiring two or three players that could do some damage on opponent’s bodies. Free up some space for the little guys. Ensure that there is a price to pay for taking liberties.

As it stands the Habs are ducks lined up in a row awaiting the NHL’s target practice.

• MJ says:

Well written HH.

• SeriousFan09 says:

We’re going to CBS, an organization that doesn’t even broadcast hockey (and even the hockey-broadcasting US networks use questionable analysts) to give assessments? Okay…

Making Boston #1 in the Power Rankings is ridiculous going into the season. They won the Cup last year yes, but they aren’t the strongest team going into this year. And it’s about this year, not last one. Ranking the Rangers ahead of MTL with a completely inexperience D-field outside of Staal is laughable as well, Brad Richards or not they should take note that Marian Gaborik is the most fragile star forward in the NHL. And Tampa Bay is going to crash hard if they try and ride Dwayne Roloson like he’s Cam Ward or Carey Price. Buffalo spending like drunken sailors doesn’t get them above us in the rankings, their scoring lines are softer than any in the NHL really.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
      SF09 on Twitter

• G-Man says:

Rinse. Repeat. :D

• Stuck_in_To. says:

I’m not going to loose any sleep over CBS power rankings. A team has to be more than the sum of its parts. Montreal has shown that it can be that kind of team. Boston won the cup by being that team.

• HardHabits says:

I agree. But as I stated, I feel there is a part that is missing to make that sum significant; physicality.

I am dropping the size and grit angle, since it always gets misconstrued as goons and enforcers, and replacing it with physicality. ;-)

IMO what the Habs need to succeed is more physicality added to their game of speed and skill.

Some here (*cough* Berkie *cough*) will say that I am moving the goal posts again. Because we all know that the only way to succeed in life in to stake a position and never deviate from it.

• Mike D says:

HH, my reply is not a knock against your viewpoint. I wouldn’t say I completely agree with you, but a bit more size/grit certainly wouldn’t be a bad thing for our Habs.

What I disagree with is you using CBS (of all ranking you could have used) to substantiate your point. Personally, I find all NHL rankings largely useless regardless of the source. Sure, some get stuff right, and sometimes a fair number of things right, but have you ever read any power rankings from any source, and then thought to yourself – “yup, they nailed it”? Me either.

CBS though man?? C’mon HH, you’re better than that.

Case in point – How many power rankings articles have you read over the past few years where they have Toronto making the playoffs?

– Honestly yours

• HardHabits says:

I only used CBS’s rankings because Google led me there and even though I thought the same thing I chose not to categorically dismiss it because it’s still an example of the perceptions about the Habs that exist. I checked a bunch of other prognosticators and they all come to the same conclusion: Habs are mediocre with promise. Will finish 6th to 8th or outside the play-offs.

So after looking into CBS’ crystal ball I wondered why?

My conclusion: Habs lack of physicality. I could have easily left the Power Rankings out of the post but IMO it was integral to starting the train of thought so I included it.

I clearly stated a caveat concerning your very lucid point.

• Thomas Le Fan says:

You’re too much. “Bleu-blanc-rouge blinders”? On a Habs fansite? Well duh. How about your head-up-buttedness and need to vomit crap in order to annoy the commentariat? One word for you. Troll.

• HardHabits says:

Give it a break comrade chairman.

My post is well written and lucid whereas yours is the one that is inflammatory. So who’s the troll then? Methinks thou dost protest too much.

I provoke critical thinking. Something you would be well served to appreciate.

But stick to your ad hominem argument and attack the messenger and not the content of his discussion. Typical really.

My recommendation to you. Keep the blinders on.

• Thomas Le Fan says:

Ooo “comrade chairman”! Good one! Comedian and magician! Tell us, how do you see what you’re typing with your head so firmly embedded? Habs fans on a Habs site like the Habs? Are you really so dense?

• HardHabits says:

Not as dense as somebody incapable of seeing things clearly or both sides of an argument. I praise what deserves praise and I criticize what deserves criticism. Unlike the extremists here who only see the good or the bad. Sound familiar?

I don’t need a membership card from HIO to be a Habs fan. Certainly not from you.

• bleedhabs81 says:

Easy there HH. It’s ok. Le Fan just does not understand big words. By big, I mean larger than 4 letters.

He gets riled up when he is forced to think.

Just do what I do…

(waves a tennis ball) You want it? you want it? (throws tennis ball) Go get it!!!

Then wait 20 minutes because he will probably stop to lick himself and then forget what he was doing.

• bleedhabs81 says:

@ le FanYou again? I thought I flushed you this morning.

I clearly remember going to the bathroom, dropping my pants, pushing you out, and then flushing you away.

Oh, wait….. sorry, I just assumed you were the crap I took this morning… since evertime you touch your keyboard a foul stench eminates.

On a side note, I should eat more fibre.

• Forum Dog says:

I’ll agree with most of what you say about the toughness factor, since most of the best Habs teams that I have seen have had guys that can throw down when called upon (i.e. Nilan), and have had a number of guys who are just plain tough to play against (Mike Mcphee, Skrudland, Tremblay, Keane). This team is not there yet, and definitely needs to add some sandpaper. Also, while I don’t support the goon mentality, a guy who can play 8-10 minutes and trade punches with anyone is never a bad thing to have. If Lucic knows that he has to answer to BGL or someone like that, and not Ryan White, it changes the way he plays.

That said, they are going in the right direction (Paciorrety, Cole, White, Eller) and some of them are a better mix of skill and grit than Montreal has seen in a while. Also, I think Schultz has a chance to be serviceable enforcer that they lack on the 4th line.

The last couple of years have been rebuilding ones for the Habs, so they are not a finished product yet. Once the young guys coming up are ready to replace the likes of Moen and Darche, I think you will see a team that really knows what it is doing.

All this, and they have still made the playoffs 4 of the last 5 years, and have given better teams fits every year in the playoffs. They are younger and better now than they were at the same time last year, so I cannot agree with the idea that they are “ducks lined up in a row awaiting the NHL’s target practice’.

• HardHabits says:

Good post. Thanks for responding intelligently and respectfully.

My line about the ducks in a row has to do with what has been happening, or at least my perception, in terms of the questionable hits and other non-calls the Habs have been forced to endure.

If the Habs can come out of the season relatively healthy and not experience the same amount of injuries as they’ve had in the past 2-3 seasons those concerns will have been allayed.

• Forum Dog says:

Well, my glasses are rose-coloured enough to scream at the TV when the calls don’t go Montreal’s way, and I do think they have gotten the shaft from the league in a few of these types of situations. But overall I like the direction the team is going and, when they are able to play their game, it is a fast and flowing brand that is fun to watch.

They have potential franchise pieces in place at important positions (D and Goalie), and while they are lacking the gamebreakers that other teams have (i.e. Crosby, Ovechkin, Stamkos, etc.), they have only drafted in the top 5 once in last couple of decades, and they did fairly well by it if last year was any indication.

They will be in tough to make the playoffs again this year, no question, but they have just as good a chance as any one of Carolina, New York, Tampa, New Jersey, or any of the other mid-pack teams. They also have some untapped upside that could push them higher, but they will need everything to break just right. Regardless, it will be worth watching, and cheering for.

• HabsFan1111 says:

CBS NHL power rankings = HIO Cricket power rankings.

Habs have reason for optimism. Healthy (almost) roster from last year with the addition of a large talented top 6 winger should translate to a more competitive team this year.

• AH says:

HH, you are in my top 3 favorite posters on here. Why?, you don’t wear rose colored glasses, you tell it like it is,and you call a spade a spade. Also, often your “disses” of the team are hilarious. Completely agree; I’m a long time Habs fan, my favorite player ever is Lafleur. He was all skill and speed, but I am also firmly entrenched in the “we also need sandpaper, size and grit camp”, and until we get it and have it in our lineup consistently, no more cups.

• HardHabits says:

Thank you for the kind words AH. It’s encouraging to hear that there are some among us that get and appreciate my sense of humour, twisted as it is!!!

In a non-hockey related story, how fricking stupid/thick headed is Hank Williams Jr.

For those that haven’t heard the story

8. Max_a_million says:

I don’t understand the anticipated rise of the Leafs. Maybe as a Habs fan I am just not paying enough attention to other players in the league (it happens). Really besides Kessel they don’t have anybody that impactful do they? I realize Kessel is really fast, and quite skilled. But, all I see is Kessel … am I foolish, naive, misinformed?

• Maksimir says:

Hate to say it but they have got ‘some’ talent.. if Grabovski-Macarthur-Kulemin pick up where they left off last season they are a pretty potent line. ‘If’ Connolly can get Kessel firing they might have two decent lines, and another ‘if’ Reimer plays well – they should have a tougher team to beat. They still have a crappy-ish blue and no real 3rd & 4th lines.

They added Franson, Liles, rookie Gardner to their Dline. Phaneuf while I am not a fan played much better for this team once Kaberle was gone. I think he has to be the big dog on campus to play well.

Once Bowmeister arrived in Calgary his play went down. Guy has a huge Ego and needs to be treated as the stud.

Living in the GTA I get to hear daily about this squad. Their Defence is better this year than last year, however, they are handcuffed in keeping Komo in their top 6 due to the contract Burke gave him.

Until I see Connelly play with Phil Kessel hard to say there will be any chemistry between between two me first players.

Their 2nd line is good, they will miss Macarthur for 2 games.

Their 3rd and 4th lines have zero scoring but have some truculence.

If Reimer even hiccups this team is back in big trouble. OVerall I see improvement at D and nothing else.

9. MJ says:

Why is it that a significant portion of the HIO commentariat doesn’t get that NHL hockey is a contact sport which implies that toughness, grit, intimidation, ability to stand up for ones self and teammates are all essential and equally important components of a winning hockey team as scoring ability, playmaking ability, defensive play, ability to win face offs and goaltending?

I have wasted time engaging people over and over again in debates about the need for toughness, grit and size on the current edition of this team only for the discussion to turn to goons. Anyone can disagree with my opinion, but al least understand it first. Don’t turn it into something I didn’t say or imply and disagree on that basis while citing some “proof” that having tougher players won’t help matters. If anyone has such proof, please share it.

Until then, here are some facts for you to chew on:
    _The Boston Bruins are the reigning Stanley Cup Champs and they play an aggressive in your face style. As much as I hate the Bruins, the Chara hit aside, one cannot describe the Bruins as a dirty team. They’re a bunch of badasses with a chip on their collective shoulder and they have talent. Like it or not.
    _ Another team that has dominated us, the Flyers, can anyone describe them as anything but tough-as-nails AND talented?
    _ How about the Vancouver Canucks? Remember them? The other team in the 2011 SCF, the team very few people think of when they they think of toughness, how many guys than can play AND throw down did they have on their team to complement their talented and gentler players?
    _ How about the Chicago Blackhawks when they went to the SCF the year before (and won it all)? No tough guys than can also play right?
    _ How about Pittsburgh and their uber talented lineup? No tough guys huh?

Doesn’t anyone see a pattern here?

Once again, tough guy is NOT a synonym for enforcer or goon but rather a guy that can player a regular shift on the 3rd or 4th line game in, game out AND can take care of business. If you’re lucky he can be a 1st or 2nd liner a la Lucic. If any of you can sit behind your laptop and claim that you wouldn’t take Lucic on your team, you have no clue what you’re laking about and are simply blinded by your hate for the Bruins. I would take him on my team in a heartbeat and guess what? He is a difference maker and players like him are and have always been difference makers.

Yes players like Cole, MaxPac, Yemelin (if and when he plays), White, Moen (if he feels like it) and Subban can play hard and hit hard but do I want to see Cole, MaxPac or Subban getting hurt settling a score for a dirty hit or standing up for a teammate? My answer is a clear no!

Yemelin has clearly expressed his reluctance to fight given he’s been severely hurt in the past. So it falls to Moen who has show a great deal of reserve in settling scores when necessary and White. Given Moen’s mindset, effectively only White has the will and ability to effectively do the right thing when needed. Gorges did the brave and right thing after the Campoli hit but I am certain it will not stop Malone from doing it again next game, simply put the only thing he felt when Gorges confronted him were his fists landing on our player. Gorges should not have to do this sort of thing simply because he’s not equipped for it.

As long as this situation persists we’re going to have to watch our team getting pushed around year after year, finish in the middle of the pack and hope we make the playoffs as a 7th or 8th seed until players like Jarred Tinordi finally reach the NHL, unless of course the GM does the very wise thing of trading him for a small, fast and talented player (ref: Ryan McDonagh).

Unless you have REAL proof like what I’ve cited above, please don’t bother with some useless reply.

10. The Dude says:

Welcome to Montreal Campoli,keep yer chin up and remember this….Your on your own!

11. DadidolizedDougHarvey says:

If this decision was “challenging”, then Shanahan must find a lot of things “challenging”, like boiling water or tying shoes.

12. C_exacte says:

Chara on Pacioretty=0 games, Malone on Campoli=0 games, Lapierre on Scott Nichol=4 games, Cammalleri on Niederreiter=1 game, but hey we live in a world where you can get 5 years or less with appeals for murder and 25 years for pot possession.

• joeybarrie says:

Actually, the minimum sentence for an adult for murder is 10 years without possibility of parole. Of course you must have a guilty verdict for this….. You can also get life for murder too… Should show both sides. And as far as I know no one has ever gotten 25 years for simple possession. But this sounds like the typical argument.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

• The Dude says:

Yep….Stephen “super-max”Harper gonna start a people farm…hard time for 7 plants “but it’s ok to grow opium poppies in front of your house”. He’s just another brain-dead teabagger!

13. davelecave says:

The unanimous decision on That’s Hockey 2 Nite (ugly name, did Avril Lavigne teach them to spell?) is that the biggest drop in the east this year will be by Montreal. The reasoning is that you can’t count on 2 defensemen coming back from injury.

Steve Simmons actually said “Andrei Markov will not play”. That’s that stupidest prediction I’ve ever heard.

Thoughts?

• SeriousFan09 says:

TSN analysts get a bonus in pay each time they predict Montreal to fail I’m pretty sure.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
      SF09 on Twitter

• Maksimir says:

I’d say the biggest drop will be Philly.. new goalie or not. But its true that the East will be harder for the Habs.. I’d say Florida, Tampa, Washington, Buffalo, Islanders and maybe even Toronto will be improved teams this year. Its going to be a dog fight to the playoffs.

• G-Man says:

Tampa depends too much on Roloson. They will regress.
        Buffalo will have to find chemistry, but the D and goaltending are A1, leaving the forwards ample time to gel.
        Florida and Toronto still need too much to make much noise.
        The Islanders will be better….hopefully. That franchise is a shambles.
        Agree about the Flyers- can’t lose your #1 and 2 center without taking a big hit scoringwise.

• Maksimir says:

I forgot about NYR – I see them sliding backwards too.. they got Richards but as we have seen over the past decade – Rangers are where good players go to die.

• Thurston says:

Steve Simmons works for Sun Media, thus is not to be taken seriously.

14. G-Man says:

Is anyone really surprised by Shanahan’s blind-as-a-bat decision?
    The NHL is the National Headhunters League, after all, and is run by idiots who either didn’t play, or were goons when they did.
    Until someone actually dies before everyone’s eyes in HD coast-to-coast, the inmates running the asylum will continue making their abhorrent and moronic decisions. I mean, hockey in the desert? Really? Hockey where no one plays the sport? Really?
    So, why be surprised. Just don’t buy any of their crap they call merchandise. That’s the only thing that’ll get their attention.

15. jimmy shaker says:

So when the wounded return to the lineup and the team is basically healthy where does that leave the lineup and especially who is left out on the D?

I’ve got it like this:

Halak in net……I mean Price (joking people, just joking)

Gorges/Markov
    Subban/Gill
    Spacek/Campoli

Diaz goes down to hamilton, Weber is the extra and that would leave yemelin where?

up front I have,
    Cole/Pleks/Cammy
    Patch/Gomez/Gionta
    AK46/DD/Darche
    Moen/Eller/White

Shaker

• DearyLeary says:

It leaves Yemelin in Russia. I was extremely underwhelmed with his performance in the preseason.

Also I would expect third and fourth lines to look like

Andrei Kostitsyn – Eller – Desharnai
      Moen – White – Darche

• SeriousFan09 says:

It will take more than a few pre-season games for Alexei Yemelin to adapt to the NA ice and the style of the NHL.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
        SF09 on Twitter

• Mats Naslund says:

Completely agree. He’s now played a couple games and people want to abandon ship. Once again I’m glad the management of the hockey team is not a democracy. He’ll be fine. I’ll predict he’s at least in the top 4 by Christmas.

• Kooch7800 says:

I agree it will take more time to adapt but the question is should that be in Hamilton or on the habs? I personally think taking the pressure off and having him play 20 games in the hammer would be the way to go.

That way he gets top D pairing minutes instead of being a 6 or 7th D man

• Hobie Hansen says:

When everybody is healthy, the most interesting situation will be how the 3rd and 4th lines end up looking?

I don’t think Eller will be on the 4th line. So either he or Desharnais will play the wing on the third.

That’s why many people questioned the Habs for not going out and signing a bruit to play between Moen and White on the 4th.

Three good scoring lines is the standard in the NHL today so it would have been nice to have a scary 4th line to round things out.

• habs03 says:

I see that Halak and S.Kost are your favourite players.

• Max_a_million says:

I don’t know I think they want three interchangeable top lines. My feeling is that AK will be on the ‘top’ line, and Cole will be with DD. Making AK feel like a big time player on the team I think is good medicine for him. It certainly worked when he was on the Kovalev line. Cole moves up on Power Plays as a first liner with Pleks at the point for now. Then Eller with White and Moen makes for a tougher line to play against.

Pleks – AK – Cammy
      Gomez – Gionta – Patches
      DD – Cole – Darche
      Eller – Moen – White

bench – Palushaj, Enqvist

Defence:
      Markov – Gorges
      Subban – Gill
      Spacek – Campoli

bench – Diaz, Yemelin

Spacek is playing so much better with Diaz who shoots right. Not sure if he works with Campoli? Unfortunately injuries come about though, and this could afford Diaz time to play. I wouldn’t give up on Yemelin yet. I hope he gets a few weeks in Hamilton to adjust more at least. Send down Woyowitka and maybe Palushaj and Enqvist as well.

• avatar_58 says:

If they keep campoli over diaz/yemelin/weber I’m going to be very annoyed.

16. Chuck says:

I don’t get it. I thought that the onus was supposed to be on the player throwing the check to do everything that he can to avoid hitting a player in a vulnerable position. And as you can clearly see from the angle looking from behind Malone, he no only doesn’t try to avoid contact, he moves into Campoli, thrusting upward with his elbow to the point where his skates come off the ice.

• Hobie Hansen says:

I respect Shanahan’s decision. Malone was expecting Campoli to remain upright but his head lowered while he was reaching for the puck.

And good on Gorges for stepping in. He did better in that fight than I first thought.

• nunacanadien says:

There is a reason why no teams wanted Campoli at year end and even at the end of the summer. Malone’s hit showed us just what Campoli is made of. Great, a season of whining little 6 foot tall wimps bitching about being hit like a real NHL player does. Campoli is a freakin virus infectin the habs. What’s next we hear about Subban all of a sudden eating yogurt? As if Laraque’s bitching wasn’t bad enough! So this gives us team bonding for what, two games? Expect to see Campoli on his back all season.

• Chuck says:

Speaking of virus’ infecting things… are we going to have to deal with a whole season of YOU?

• Paulin98C says:

I think its funny to read your comments about retarded maangement and small player when you list your favorite current player as Cammalleri (we know his size) and Frank Mahovlich (6’1 204 lbs)….

Keep them coming, I always look forward for more insightful comments from you.

• Mats Naslund says:

Campoli’s positioning was no different than Joe Colborne’s when Brad Boyes hit him and was given 2 games. It was also no different than Justin Abdelkader’s when Clarke MacArthur hit him and was given 2 games.

In all cases a player was reaching for a puck and got hit while his head was in a lowered position. For some reason this one was tough because ….?

• nunacanadien says:

That’s the part we don’t see being broadcast is the whining and groaning these small Habs players always b*tch at the ref, and maybe the league has a point. If the habs managment keeps signing these 6 foot tall 200 pounders, why should they complain when the other teams treat them like the wimps they really are? I mean sure the hit on Campoli was dirty but you could see Campoli lower his head before he got hit, almost like he was tryign to get hit on the head on purpose. Refs pick up on these kinds of wimp outs and its no wonder we don’t get penalties called, if the management wants to put a tiny tikes team on the ice with Gionta, Gomez and Cammy, all mainly tiny tikes compared to the larger forwards in most of the league, then hey, it’s too bad they get the crap pounded out of them. Especially when the habs don’t have anyone to back them up. You get what you deserve in this league. If Montreal keeps signing the unwanted, has beens and the skinny rookies, then hey, you deserve to get the sh*t checked out of you by even the most mild rookie of the other teams. Thank you Molsons and Gainey for giving us a small hockey team to cheer and make excuses for….. Montreal underdogs, Montreal underweights, Montreal Welterweights? Any other new game title to reflect the way the refs and the league treats Montreal? Yes it is true the little guy does get pushed around in the NHL and Shanahan proved it.

17. Hobie Hansen says:

So humm, Jarrod Tinordi has been named captain of the London Knights. I wonder if it was because of all the points he racked up during the pre-season in Montreal? Oh wait he had none.

I think it’s more of the fact that he went toe-to-toe with Zack Smith at center ice and played a strong and pyhsical game for the Canadiens.

I can’t wait until he actually arrives in Montreal for good so that we have a 6’6″ player who will stand up for his teammates and actually come out on the winning side of fights the majority of the time.

People will notice guys like Malone, Horton and Lucic will be a lot quieter once those days begin.

Maybe he’ll be ready next year if we’re lucky so the embarrassment of being the softest team in the league will end…

With that being said, I do like the make up of our team but we’d be a slam dunk with some added toughness.

He will be a real nice addition. Still doubt he is ready next year, but one can dream. Mainly I hope to see him really become a top dman in the OHL this year. Hopefully we get to watch him in the world Jr.’s as well.

• SeriousFan09 says:

I doubt Tinordi will be ready for the NHL after a 2nd junior year, even a dominant one. Team philosophy has everyone paying their dues in the AHL these days and with Tinordi it’s not a bad step, he needs to keep building on his frame and adapting to the speed of higher levels.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
      SF09 on Twitter

• DearyLeary says:

Tinordi will take at least a season in the AHL. My guess would be closer to two. Big guys generally have a steeper learning curve.

Also, I doubt that his captaincy has anything to do with the fact that he fought in the NHL. More to do with the fact that he’s a good player with leadership qualities.

• G-Man says:

The lad is 2 or 3 seasons away. If he has no set-backs, he will be a good one.

18. SeriousFan09 says:

Only Happens In Montreal Syndrome or OHIM for short is a very prevalent mental disorder these days. It creates the false impression that slights against the Canadiens, failure by the Canadiens to react to them or errors (percieved or otherwise) by them are only capable of occuring here.

I mean it’s not like Boston sat around like a bunch of weak-willed nobodies when Bergeron, Savard and Horton were concussed. Or St Louis when Thornton caught Perron. Hey remember when Dale Hunter boarded Turgeon in 1993 after he scored that goal and how the Islanders hauled him down to the ice in a gangland beating? Oh wait that didn’t happen? He played until 1999 instead? Still brings memories back when the entire Boston bench exploded and spent an entire game throwing their sticks like Javelins at Ulf Samuelsson for blowing Cam Neely’s knee. Oh right that never happened either, Samuelsson won 2 Cups though. Hey did the Flyers ever get around to you know, running down Chelios for boarding Brian Propp? As Chelios is nearing 50 they might have a chance to beat him up now.

While we’re at it, can we have a round of applause for Boston’s drafting strategy in 2007 of Zack Hamill (8th overall) and Tommy Cross (35th overall)? PK Subban has 3 GWG to Hamill’s 3 NHL games played last year and Cross has yet to play an NHL game. Oh wait, don’t forget that can’t miss, way better than Carey Price prospect in Gilbert Brule, traded from CLB and now on waivers with Edmonton. Anyone want to look at Washington’s 2005 draft class? Not one NHL game between the lot of ‘em. Their 2 1st-round picks in that year are patrolling the German League and the ECHL though so that’s…embarassing.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
    SF09 on Twitter

19. olegpetrov says:

Very important video. Please watch!

Habs fan…Nuff said

20. Lafrich says:

Can someone please tell me when exactly did Campoli move his head? Also, isn’t checking supposed to be to separate a player from the puck? Not only is the puck gone, but Malone actually let’s it go through his legs so he can finish the check. A check in which he left his feet and changed his body position to accomplish. Watch this at 1:15 to prove that he jumped: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q2LJcRpIbI.

I don’t care if there is a suspension or not. I just think his rationale was 100% wrong.

• nunacanadien says:

When Campoli skated around the first check then he saw Malone coming and he lowered his head to try and hold onto the stick and try to skate around Malone, but Malone moved into Campoli. If Campoli had not lowered his head, then a suspension probably would have happened, otherwise it looked like Campoli lowered his head on purpose. It may not have been that way, but in reality Campoli was probably lowering his head because of bad puck style, either crouch all the way down like the Russians, or stay up, otherwise all you invite is a nasty hit like Campoli got.

Okay 2 more sleeps and we get REAL hockey, yah the ones that count in the standings.

Would really like to know the status of Eller, Moen, White and Markov. Of course we will get no report except to tell us when any one of them is ready to play.

Many people want this team to be tougher, I admit I wish we had a little more but I do like the overall makeup of this team.

Travis Moen is in a contract year. Moen should also not be miscast as a power forward on a scoring line as was often the case last year. He should be on the 4th line (perhaps 3rd) and his job is to forecheck, backcheck and stand up for his teammates. This is the role he played in Anaheim and what earned him his most recent contract.

We need a healthy White in the lineup as well, I fear we don’t have this kid for 2 weeks, sneaky suspicion he has a real bad groin pull which take awhile.

Eller has had no preseason hockey to test his shoulder, I hope he is ready, because teams will target him. He provides a nice physical element down the middle of the ice we don’t get from any other centre.

The top two lines, well its time to produce baby. There is no holding back, Max and Erik hopefully will get these 2 lines going better than we have seen in the past.

As for the D, I think Spacek/Diaz/Yemelin will be a rotating group.

Go Habs!

22. sims says:

the league wants to get rid of hits to the head. this is a targeted hit. and he was hit in the head.

im confused?

if i were an nhl team i would not comment on the extent of injury until the discipline was handed out.

23. higginrs says:

Picking up my season bulldog tickets tonight and dropping in for their dinner party. Anyone else doing that?

24. Thomas Le Fan says:

I can’t agree either with Shanahan or those saying that Habs’ Management should publicly speak out over the decision. It’s preseason and I would play those cards only when and if it counts. That is, if there are any cards to play. There sure seems to be a double standard when it comes to the opposition injuring Montreal players. Mulligans all around?

• 123456 says:

it’s not really a double standard against the habs – i view it more as… the old man (colon) was realted to the bruins and the new man (shanny) is related to the bolts.

Something I have wondered about is the change from Campbell to Shanahan. Perhaps behind the scenes Montreal through the Chara hit played a big role in this change. We don’t know what is said or not said behind closed doors, but perhaps there was some influence. It is dissappointing/frustrating and angering that the first opportunity for leagues discipline to come down as it relates to a Hab that we didn’t seem to get the decision.

I am extremely cycnical of Shanahan, the good news is he never played with the Bruins, and am not sure he has any former teammates on that squad.

However, Colin still has a job at the League office and Jeremy Jacobs is still the top dog owner in this league.

25. RabidHabsFan says:

Seems like when a Hab gets hit in the head there is some lame excuse as to why there is no suspension, guess this NEW czar just did his friend (yzerman) a favor, the BS continues! =\

Mike Milbury is the Archie Bunker of Hockey.

26. 123456 says:

i guess what i dislike the most about the nondecision is that shanny speaks to the head movement – watch the video… campoli’s head does not move from the time he is on the outside ring of the face-off dot to the time he get hit in the head at the faceoff dot…. that is a lot of space to travel when the head IS NOT MOVING and IN NOT BEING LOWERED. the distance if 15 feet and compoli was not at full speed…. maybe malone is not that good of a skater but 15 feet NOT at full speed is enough time to not hit a guy’s head.

27. Propwash says:

Shanny went and undermined the very thing he was trying to prevent. Hoorayy for consistency.

28. Habs_4_ever says:

What’s sad is that neither the Coach nor the GM nor the President/Owner has had the balls to comment the decision. If this had happened to the Leafs all hell would have broken loose.
    Sometimes when you have the “turn the other cheek” mentality all you get is another slap.

————————
    “That’s the save of the year and it’s not even the year yet!”

• SmartDog says:

Great point. The Habs roll-over for the league again.

Dignity looks a lot less attractive from a hospital bed. Oh but wait – it’s the players who get hurt not the coaches and owners.

————————————-
      Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

• DearyLeary says:

Simple fix. Next time a questionable incident happens on the ice throw the owners on to fight it out. Winning owner gets disciplinary action in their favour.

The Molsons being brothers would have an advantage being a tag team.

• RGM says:

It’s funny how people assume that just because they don’t make a public display of themselves–which would accomplish nothing–that it means that there was no comment from the organization to the League about the decision that was made. I don’t know if you’ve noticed this lately but the Leafs with blowhard Burkie and ragin’ Ronnie aren’t exactly the class of the NHL brass.

———————–
      GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is our year!

29. Vladdy Mondavi says:

Mr. Shanahan and I view the video differently. Yes, Campoli put his head down. But I also believe Malone altered/extended his hit after Campoli’s positioning changed. The head is the principal point of contact. I believe there should have at least been a 1-2 game suspension for continuity to the messages being sent to the players.

As for a big body, fourth liner. Sure Artyukhin would be a tank, as would many others fit the mould. But fact of the matter is, with Mr. Martin at the helm of the ship that type of player will only get bigger eating the Molson Centre hot dogs.

Recent experiments, such as former heavyweight, Laraque, was not a fit (nor would he fight), and I would argue even Moen has changed his game since coming to Montreal.

30. HabFanSince72 says:

When they gave Jody Shelley 8 games, 5 of which were in the pre-season, they set a standard that they don’t want to live with.

If Malone is guilty it’s 5-8 games in the regular season to a star player on a team that is financially precarious.

Therefore he’s not guilty.

It’s like Chara: if he was guilty it was 25 games and we couldn’t give him 25 therefore he wasn’t guilty.

In my opinion it is time to bring in the lawyers. The law doesn’t stop at rinkside.

• 123456 says:

no – not the legal team.

what is needed is an owner and president that have the balls to speak out. it’s not the place for a coach or GM to speak out.

• RGM says:

Quiet diplomacy tends to work a lot better in this type of environment. Having the owner of a team appear on national television to complain about the lack of a suspension to a player reeks of desperation and whining. Haters of the Habs already have their pre-conceived notions about the way this team is and having Mr. Molson crying about this situation would only enhance that notion.

———————–
        GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is our year!

• Exit716 says:

I think Molson did just that Chara tried to kill Pacioretty. What did it get him? Universal scorn and ridicule.

31. Tony McLean says:

An NHL GM was reported here as saying Shanahan was over-reaching and the establishment wanted him reigned in. Whether they did (hello anonymous coward Burkie) or whether one of Shanahan’s concussions came back to interfere with his thought process it’s a disgraceful Colon-calibre cockup.
    —————————
    “The point is that Fergie wasn’t, and didn’t have to be, a non stop brawler. His hard earned reputation preceded him, and he could keep the opposition in line without spending all night in the penalty box.” – Jean Beliveau

32. higginrs says:

I enjoy hockey a whole lot. It’s fun to watch and play. It is a way more fun game to play when we’re focused on enjoyable aspects like great goal tending and great leadership (see Red’s recount of ’93). What have Habs fans been reduced to? Sulking about a rule (which itself has undergone a ton of recent transition) and a decision from an league office (also in transition)?? Why bother!?

You know, Habs fans remind me of tennis star John Macenroe. The officials make a call that doesn’t go our way, and we go ballistic. While it’s humorous, it’ll eventually earn us a reputation as cry babies. Gotta overcome it all – the opposition, the cheap shots, the bad calls, and the letdowns – that’s what Champions are made of because they don’t have a sense of entitlement, but know they gotta take the Cup if they want it!

• Vladdy Mondavi says:

Good post, higginrs.

Although, your analogy is slightly skewed: players and fans.
      I don’t mind the fans being passionate (one way or the other) about the ruling.
      I am moreso pleased the Canadiens’ (players and head office) composed response. By not losing their cool, loosening their shirt collar, and turning beet red in the face, whining about the decision (like other team management) the Habs organization are demonstrating a more level-headed, professional response.
      That’s a +1 in my book.

33. Colomb27 says:

Of course this would be Shanahan’s ‘toughest call to date’. However displeased I am with the official ruling, my hat is off to Shanahan. I am tired of his shanahanigans (heh) already BUT it takes a lot of courage to make this call because he absolutely knew that there would be an uprising in Montreal. I see what he’s saying, but my opinion is that he’s feeling the heat of his suspension dictatorship

34. BJ says:

How many people here are tired of our broccoli chomping GM burying his ostrich head on some organic farm in Vermont? I for one have had it with Mr. (Mr. sarcasm) Gauthier’s insistence in allowing our team getting mugged. A solution Mr. Gauthier is work out a deal for a 4th liner that can skate, hit, has size and can score occasionally. I’ll advance a name. He’s in St. Petersburg, Russia. His name is Evgeny Artyukhin. See the following link: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=56840. And guess what? He’s a better player than any fourth liner we have had here in years. Wake up Mr. Gauthier the league will not police on behalf of your team.

• MJ says:

Sadly players of that description abound, I can give you a few more names of guys that are right here in the NHL, it’s the willingness to take responsibility and move that is lacking. Shame.

• BJ says:

MJ who fits that bill that could be available? Just in case Gauthier reads this blog (ha, ha!).

• MJ says:

First name that comes to my mind is Paul Gaustad! Big, aggressive, can play a regular shift and is a center (a position we happen to be weak in).

Another that we could have acquired this summer without losing anyone is Anthony Stewart.

There are few more that would require PG to stop chomping on brocoli and make a few phone calls and get creative like Evander Kane and Jarome Iginla. We can always dream, right?

• NCRhabsfan says:

Why do we need a big guy? We just need a guy who specializes in knee on knee hits. Take Malone out the old fashioned way, destroy his knee and his ability to walk. Wait, you say, that’s dirty. No dirtier than taking a run at a players head…

There was nothing tough about that call if you have a little situational awareness. It was an exhibition game where the offender’s team had already lost. Of course the hit was purposely vicious; does anyone, including Shanahan think that it was just a heat of the moment thing???? No. Justless, absolutely gutless. Both Malone and Shanahan.

• Mats Naslund says:

I can understand your frustration with the GM but do you really think his diet has anything to do with his choice NOT to have an enforcer in the lineup? Especially given that the last real enforcer we had was also a vegetarian? How about Ken Holland – is he a broccoli chomper too? As one of many vegetarians/vegans who use this board I’m fairly sick of people making the false connection between being tough and eating meat.

35. When the Globe and Mail says Shanahan dropped the ball, you know you dropped the Ball.

Anyway, Whitey will take care of Malone. Just need to time it right with a stanchion…..eh Chara?

Loved seeing EV ZUG beat the Rangers. You know you’re in trouble when you get beat by the Swiss’ 5th best team.

6 days until the Habs are in Winnipeg, still don’t have tickets but I see that Stub Hub has lowered there noise bleeders to 695.00 ea. Not gonna happen!

Ran 5.1 kms yesterday. No headaches, no stopping, smooth sailing and getting excited. Prepping for the Summit is hard work, but worth it.

I picked up my auction gift yesterday, it will be framed soon as I can find some old hockey sticks.

Get well soon Ian. For those who don’t know he had a little scare on the week-end. He emailed a bunch of us yesterday, give him a few days to re cover and he may explain if you are on a need to know basis.

I hope Palushaj wears 27, I love that number and would love to have a game worn jersey of his in that number.

Shane Oliver
    Brandon, MB,Canada
    R7B 2R7
    hockey@sholi2000.com
    Ph- 204 724 8418

• Colomb27 says:

27 is a great number! I was hoping that Cole would wear #27 but he reversed the numbers…

• Tony McLean says:

Ryan White 6′ 190
      Ryan Malone 6’4″ 225
      That is all.
      ———————————

• LNev says:

Congrats on the 5km. Its a bench mark distance!

Next up: 10km and you’ll be there before you know it.

36. Paulin98C says:

I must say that if you only look at Malone, he throws a hard check, I see the feet leaving the ice but I find that it occurs on impact, therefore IMO it was a good check. But WAITAMINUTE, now if we look at Campoli’s position, YES he is vulnerable and he did reach for the loose puck so then again, I agree with the decision… but WAITAMINUTE, when you look at the whole situation, Malone was out for blood (yeah, ok ,part of the game to a certain extent) but what makes Campoli struggle with the puck is ANOTHER LIGHTNING PLAYER with a blatant hook right to Campoli’s hands which in turn caused him to be vulnerable which caused Malone’s “somewhat clean” check to hit the head (unacceptable).

Verdict: SUSPENSION.

If Campoli had put his head down himself, with no other player but him and Malone with the same check, I wouldn’t suspend Malone… That would of been of tough call to make. But the situation first described should have been a suspension.

Bad call Shanny….this might of looked like a grey area… but things have to be black and white.

• SmartDog says:

Good point. So here’s the plan – you throw the guy off balance with a hook, and I’ll nail him to the ice with a “fair” head hit while he’s off balance.

Oh – and reaching for the puck? Yeah, don’t do that, because you can get hit in the head doing that and Shany thinks that’s “A-OKAY”.

————————————-
      Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

• habsernyk says:

I completely agree with you.

The other thing is that if you look at the play Campoli had lost control of the puck and it was 3-4 feet in front of him at the time of the hit. Malone- in the offensive zone- skated right over the puck to make the hit. Malone had no interest in keeping the puck in or creating a scoring chance, plus there was no need to separate the defender from the puck.
      ________
      JAS

Go Habs!

37. SmartDog says:

SHANAHAN: “both players were in proper position/play to give and receive a hit”

Great. The Scott Stevens defense. Welcome back to the dark ages Mr. Shanahan. It’s a f-n hit direct to the head or not a-hole.

————————————-
    Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

38. Bash says:

The vast majority of hockey fans are surprised by the no suspension decision…the logic is at least flawed and hopes that the new sherrif was going to clean up Dodge have been shattered.

Gorges might have been injured as well! Most are “proud” that he jumped in and took a few head shots himself. And no doubt the rest of the league got the message.

In essence, nothing has changed since last season. Teams have to look after themselves. Players will play outside the rules which will remain vague and ineffective.

Small /and/or non aggressive teams will take injuries which will affect points standings.

We do not need an enforcer for the two minute cage feature. But we do need players whose style acts as a deterrent over the long haul.

“If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.” (anon)

39. Haligonian-Hab says:

Love how Gorges responded to the hit. Guts. But when is GSP gonna teach the Habs how to fight/defend well?

40. Its was the right time for some Habs players to speak out as ” THE COUNT” is a chicken to say something. My blood is boiling when JM & CO says sweet F*CK ALL. Go figure!!! Where is team bonding too? The players seems to stand up for each other. When are the rest of the team going too? Its time for coaches to speak out for their team and respond as well.

If they are not welling to do that and then the FANS have a right to litter the ice when their 1st home game is played. That will show management that the fans are displeased with no action taken against SHANNY & CO. Its time to make a statement and say “Enough is enough”. Go Habs Go!!!

41. tcartr says:

Martin said he didn’t want to comment on hit. He said it was a league matter and “I’m sure they’ll do the right thing.”

What did you expect folks, JM or PG to standup for someone on the team?

When is this team going to get some management with a pulse?

• CranbrookEd says:

Agreed . . . while there is no need to fly off the deep end, speaking out in support of one of your players should be expected. The “Count” needs to show some emotion . . . if not now then how about during a game. Martin is a good coach, but will never become a great coach without some well timed emotion that supports/motivates his players.

CranbrookEd
      Mr. Beliveau: “Pure Pak mais oui”!

42. SeriousFan09 says:

And Subban couldn’t help Montreal win a Cup in the future? Or Price, or Pacioretty?

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
    SF09 on Twitter

43. SeriousFan09 says:

Yes, we drafted Jarred Tinordi with the intention of making him a soft-hearted player, it’s also why PG made the effort to get Yemelin into the CH.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
    SF09 on Twitter

44. LNev says:

Oh Yes, Hal Gill’s career would be a horrible result for a 1st round draft pick… y’know those 1000 games of solid hockey? Boo!

45. SeriousFan09 says:

And you’ll use “What if we had drafted Milan Lucic instead?” Right, because he was the lynchpin of the Bruins Cup Run. Didn’t even score a goal until the 11th game of the playoffs.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
    SF09 on Twitter

I don’t want to get into Republican/Democrat, it was just plain stupid to compare the President to Hitler. The guy is an idiot.

47. avatar_58 says:

Really? Ask the dixie chicks how their anti-bush tirade went

48. SeriousFan09 says:

Krejci was held to 1 goal for the entire Boston-Montreal series and we have two power forwards in Cole and Pacioretty. But thanks for playing, but you may want to set the game to “Beginner” if you’re going to keep at it with uninformed arguments.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
    SF09 on Twitter

49. avatar_58 says:

You’re missing the point. People flipped their lids, burned cds, sent death threats, etc all because their beloved country stars bashed the president.

50. G-Man says:

Seriously,jl, who gives a spit what non-Montreal hockey fans think?

51. SeriousFan09 says:

Oh I do love the “You never played”, just because I never played Midget B once upon a time doesn’t mean I can’t understand the game and Horton was the only productive member of that line in the entire series. Lucic was a stiff and Plekanec had Krejci choked off from game 1.

Cole threw 200+ hits last year and Pacioretty was on a better than 2 hits per game average, they are effective at driving the net and can go there at speed. Our game-tying goal to force a shootout with the Sens in pre-season? Created by those two being net prescence players so Gomez could get that rebound home.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
    SF09 on Twitter

Because I watch ESPN Monday Night Football and for the first time since 89 didn’t hear that song, was a sports related item. Would you rather dissect the Shanahan decision some more?

53. HabFarmer says:

Dude, I don’t think Burlie is losing “sight” of what this “site” is all about. He’s been posting for a while now.

“No, I see. The monkey’s out of the bottle now!”