Cammy’s status soars in Montreal

A few things while wondering whether Sir Paul McCartney, performing at the Bell Centre tonight, asked for a tour of the Canadiens’ dressing room:

Michael Cammalleri is on the cover of The Hockey News Yearbook that landed in my mail today, and he’s clearly one of highest-profile Canadiens heading into the 2010-11 season.

An interesting profile of Cammalleri by Vicki Hall of the Calgary Herald, from the city where Cammy played before arriving in Montreal where’s he’s become a huge fan favourite.

• One I missed a week ago (but better late than never): Jimmy Murphy talks to Bruins coach Claude Julien, who’s thrilled to have for Habs assistant coach Doug Jarvis join his staff.

• And in this week’s Hudson Gazette: Jacques Demers on his second chance at life after botched surgery took him much too near the ever-after.

The Habs former coach isn’t bitter – he’s genuinely happy to still be on this Earth.

1. Xtrahabsfan says:

The night before a game????That explains EVERYTHING!

2. habs03 says:

You have a serious problem.

3. HabFanSince72 says:

I think the fact that it is linked to by adam is the only clue you need.

4. joeybarrie says:

Some reason, I am really missing hockey today. I woke up feeling something important was going to happen with our team. Of course nothing will since its mid August and half the club are on vacation… So to make me feel better I did some estimations for next season.. Here are my predictions.

3rd to 5th place with 47-48 wins, 27-28 losses, and 7 OTL for a total of 101-103 points

250 goals for and 230 goals against.

Top ten goal scorers:

Cammalleri 40 goals, 38 assists for 78 pts

Gionta 35 goals, 35 assists for 70 pts

Pleks 25 goals, 40 assists for 65 pts

Gomez 15 goals, 50 assists for 65 pts

AK 25 goals, 25 assists for 50 pts

Markov 10 goals, 40 assists for 50 pts

PK Subban 5 goals, 35 assists for 45 pts

Pouliot 25 goals, 20 assists for 45 pts

Eller 15 goals, 15 assists for 30 pts

Spacek 5 pts, 25 assists for 30 pts

We will play Senators or the Sabres in the first round AND WIN…

PRICE will go 35-20-5 in the Reg Season

What do you think we will do this year???

5. cautiousoptimist says:

Also try http://montreal.kijiji.ca/f-housing-W0QQCatIdZ34

1. http://www.flickeringpictures.com – not a hockey site, but still kinda neat
  6. spcbrass says:

Another great site for searching better quality apartments here on the island.  A friend of mine just moved here this summer and had 5 places lined up to visit all in one weekend.  You can also search by price range.

7. Clay4bc says:

Jesus man – lighten up. Who pissed in your corn flakes this morning? (’cause it wasn’t me).

You’ve got a bad attitide, Jim, or Vinny, or whatever your name is.

__________________________

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.

— George Orwell –

Fan Summit Updates– And I need your HELP.!—- CLICK! on Summit page

9. lenny says:

not surpried by this, you can tell just looking at the guy that he loves being a hab!

10. pic1983 says:

I assume Andrew Markoff vs Andrei Markov was used as a reference to the fact that he is becoming a canadian citizen?

11. RGM says:

I’ll pop down to the mall today to see what covers they have available. Crossing fingers for Cammy!

—————————————– Josh Gorges for Captain!

12. JIMVINNY says:

Obviously you’ve never been to Calgary.  Worshiping oil?  Hyperbole is one thing, but that’s ridiculous.

And the arrogance to assume that the only true hockey fans in the west are habs fans is astounding.  I know a ton of flames fans that are rabidly fanatical about their team.  I don’t share their allegiance, but I respect their passion.

13. Bill J says:

:( nope certainly not in Toronto.

You might get lucky in N.B. though ;)

14. Rudy says:

Flying DC to Toronto to NB, not guessing I’ll find a Cammy cover at the airport :)

15. slamtherimtim says:

all depends on how much they can spend ,

16. Bill J says:

If your going by airplane.

Check airports…. Might get lucky that way.

I Suspect PERHAPS in N.B. you will find Hab covers…

It’s a regional thing.

17. Rudy says:

So the cover is different in different places? Headed up to New Brunswick tomorrow, anyone know if I’ll be able to find a Cammy cover?

18. habs03 says:

I really think that it wont matter who wears the C, Gorges, Gio or Cammy, as opposed to previous years it seems like we have  a lot more leaders on the team that are capable of carrying the team, Gio, Gill, Georges, Cammy, Gomez (2 cups and with a team that was full of leaders in NJ).

19. Puck Bard says:

Friend is moving from NC to MTL with husband. They are a young couple, just starting off, need a 2 bedroom apartment on the Island. Suggestions where they should be looking?

20. Bill J says:

Hmmm not sold on your support for ANDREW MARKOFF.

;)

21. SlovakHab says:

I absolutely like Cammalleri, but still not sold on him as a new captain..

For me, it’s between Josh Gorges, Brian Gionta and Andrew Markoff!

Any HIO fans in Osaka area?

22. CP31 says:

I don’t think any Habs fan would object to Cammy wearing the “C”. I know he would wear it proud and he would be a great example of what a “Candien” and “Canadian” hockey player should be!!

Mr. Cammalleri, you’ve had my vote since day 1 that you should be our next captain. But it should be noted that I bought a “GIONTA” jersey this past year (God I love that little guy, lol!)

It’s funny how we went from not being able to come up with a player for captaincy to having Cammy, Gio, Markov, Gorges, etc in “our” running for the next captain. Either way I like the direction of these Habs!!

Thursday October 7, 2010 – Can’t come soon enough!