Cammy’s status soars in Montreal

A few things while wondering whether Sir Paul McCartney, performing at the Bell Centre tonight, asked for a tour of the Canadiens’ dressing room:

Michael Cammalleri is on the cover of The Hockey News Yearbook that landed in my mail today, and he’s clearly one of highest-profile Canadiens heading into the 2010-11 season.

An interesting profile of Cammalleri by Vicki Hall of the Calgary Herald, from the city where Cammy played before arriving in Montreal where’s he’s become a huge fan favourite.

β€’ One I missed a week ago (but better late than never): Jimmy Murphy talks to Bruins coach Claude Julien, who’s thrilled to have for Habs assistant coach Doug Jarvis join his staff.

β€’ And in this week’s Hudson Gazette: Jacques Demers on his second chance at life after botched surgery took him much too near the ever-after.

The Habs former coach isn’t bitter – he’s genuinely happy to still be on this Earth.

1. GuyDoon says:

So Auld goes 13-6-2. Not bad!

2. Clay4bc says:

I get out plenty – likely more than you have ever done, really…in Alberta, Oil is money. I’m from there, born and raised. I made no mistake. Jim or Vinny (or whatever) is just in a pissy mood.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.

— George Orwell —

3. JasonM says:

Hey, when does training camp start? πŸ™‚

4. JasonM says:

Pouliot 25 goals, 20 assists for 45 pts

5. ZepFan2 says:

– Steven Tyler

6. habinypsi says:

I hope we have a year like that, but i figure that we will get about 90ish points and squeak into the playoffs again.  I think Price will do well, not great but well.  I think that everyone here will be complaining when we dont trade Hammer at the deadline and then trade for this years Hossa/Kovy.  Ill be happy with that.

7. Propwash says:

Gotta love cherrypicked video highlights to try and prove a point.

Nope, I’m not convinced.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

8. likehoy says:

it might not be a clip but a full-feature film.

9. joeybarrie says:

Do you hate this team? How do you call yourself a fan? Which team will you support this season?

The video doesn’t show goal let in by other goalies. Also doesnt show how a 23 year old kid has one of the best sv% in the league.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

10. OneTimer says:

high five!

11. SegerHabs says:

If you’re interested, the NHL Network will begin airing the Habs-Penguins series on Monday night at 7 est.

12. Bill J says:

Yeah “funny” eh – how Price does not give up even when the team is down, he keeps fighting.

Excellent quality in a player IMO.

13. naweed235 says:

so funny how the scoreboard for 90% of those highlights was in the favor of the opposing team …

14. kempie says:

Facepalm (with nosepinch)

15. Mattyleg says:

Cammi seems a bit hot-headed to be Captain.

It’s a great quality on the ice, but you need someone a bit more diplomatic to wear the C, I think.

Look at Boom-Boom getting out-voted by Beliveau. He stormed out kicking and cursing.

Look what happened to Big Jean.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

16. Bill J says:

Well then Robbie we certainly agree then,

Adam is a Troll.

17. Somethingwithhabsinit says:

I speak only the truth, Billy. He posts the same thing every time, and people react the same every time. How can that not be enjoyable? I say Adam isn’t getting the credit he deserves.

18. notbigbird says:

Apparently, there are those who don`t get that. πŸ™‚

19. Bill J says:

You honestly give Adam far too much credit πŸ˜‰

20. Bill J says:

LOL – great minds πŸ˜‰

21. Somethingwithhabsinit says:

“Adam76 is a troll and he sucks.”

Actually, judging from the responses, I’d say he’s pretty good at it. Just to be clear (and I’m sure you know this already), he’s not posting that video to prove that Carey is bad at goaltending. I doubt that he cares either way. He’s posting that video so that people will freak out, and call him pathetic, and tell him he needs a life, and question his fandom. Then he reads the responses, has a good laugh, and goes on with his day, until he feels like doing it again, and everyone bites hard again. It’s pretty easy to be a troll on this site.

22. Bill J says:

PK is so awesome, he will find 5 new ways to increase his points total without scoring a goal or assisting on one. πŸ˜€

23. OneTimer says:

P.K. is that good. He scores more points than his goal + assist total amounts to.

24. Storm Man says:

That could take you all day πŸ™‚

25. Bill J says:

LMFAO! nice, never thought of it that way πŸ˜‰

26. Storm Man says:

Clay does not get out much it was a oversight on his part to think all we do in Calgary is worship oil. He needs to get his facts straight, We worship MONEY and lots of it.

27. RGM says:

Wow. NHL calibre players scored against an NHL calibre goalie. Shocking.

In the words of Stone Cold Steve Austin, you are completely pathetic.

—————————————– Josh Gorges for Captain!

28. likehoy says:

i would object…he doesn’t have what it takes to be a captain. sure he can speak in front of a camera and he can score some nifty goals, but i want my captain to be a competitor on both ends of the ice and constantly in the thick of things.

29. likehoy says:

alright well it’s time to make a video of jaro halak’s horrible rebound control.

30. Storm Man says:

The whole Adam deal on why he keeps talking about Price day in and day out on here has come full circle. Adam has a HUGE crush on Price. Think about it, Adam spends his time looking for Price pics. I think what happened is one day Adam asked Price for his number and Price said sorry guy Im into women and it broke Adams heart. Adam is now scorn so he comes on here bashing Price.

31. kempie says:

It was one of the highlights of my stay Rob. But since we’re expecting a little boy (hopefully a power forward with good hands) in October, and I have the opportunity to work remotely from home, it’s time to get back. If we end up in another game 7 situation, I should fly back out & take my seat at Schanks. It definitely works. Nice meeting you guys too.

32. Bill J says:

Adam your troll status is about to surpass Price’s potential πŸ˜‰

Keep up the “good” work.

33. notbigbird says:

I nevr click links without a clue as to what they are.

34. subdoxastic says:

I’d like to thank you, Adam76, for this latest link. After reviewing it I’ve realized a few things.

First, our defense needs to stop those cross crease passes.

Second, it would be great if our D could clear the front of the net more consistently, and without stiking the goalie in the face or pushing the puck into the net with his body (Georges and Gill respectively).

Third, Price will have to work on his angles.

Fourth, Price needs to make sure that Datsyuk and Zetterberg don’t get breakaways on him.

Fifth, Price needs to stop Alexancer Ovechkin from gaining the blueline with speed, stop him from looking off the defenceman and stop him from unleashing his wrist shot from within 25′ of the crease.

Sixth, that you are in fact a giant douchebag for posting to a Habs fan site a 3 minute plus montage of goals scored against one of the team’s goalies– with the title “Carey Price Sucks”.

Come to think of it, I’m having a hard time placing any contribution from you that doesn’t fall into the Carey Price sucks troll handbook.

So, if you’re allowed to poach “evidence” (and it’s hardly that, given lack of context and skewed focus) for your position that Carey Price indeed “sucks,” then I’ll follow the same standard for you. You constantly bitch and moan, issue ad hominem attacks against the team’s goalie and generally make an ass of yourself. Given this evidence (I’ll be happy to revise my estimate should you provide evidence of anything positive and or appropriately critical-thinking oriented) I guess there’s only one conclusion to draw.

Adam76 is a troll and he sucks.

35. HabFanSince72 says:

If you mean what neighborhood, Mile End is the place to be.

36. likehoy says:

i don’t want to be an arse but pk subban 5 + 35 =/ 45 lol.

37. habs03 says:

You have a serious problem.

38. HabFanSince72 says:

I think the fact that it is linked to by adam is the only clue you need.

39. joeybarrie says:

Some reason, I am really missing hockey today. I woke up feeling something important was going to happen with our team. Of course nothing will since its mid August and half the club are on vacation… So to make me feel better I did some estimations for next season.. Here are my predictions.

3rd to 5th place with 47-48 wins, 27-28 losses, and 7 OTL for a total of 101-103 points

250 goals for and 230 goals against.

Top ten goal scorers:

Cammalleri 40 goals, 38 assists for 78 pts

Gionta 35 goals, 35 assists for 70 pts

Pleks 25 goals, 40 assists for 65 pts

Gomez 15 goals, 50 assists for 65 pts

AK 25 goals, 25 assists for 50 pts

Markov 10 goals, 40 assists for 50 pts

PK Subban 5 goals, 35 assists for 45 pts

Pouliot 25 goals, 20 assists for 45 pts

Eller 15 goals, 15 assists for 30 pts

Spacek 5 pts, 25 assists for 30 pts

We will play Senators or the Sabres in the first round AND WIN…

PRICE will go 35-20-5 in the Reg Season

What do you think we will do this year???

40. cautiousoptimist says:

Also try

1. – not a hockey site, but still kinda neat
  41. spcbrass says:

Another great site for searching better quality apartments here on the island.  A friend of mine just moved here this summer and had 5 places lined up to visit all in one weekend.  You can also search by price range.

42. Clay4bc says:

Jesus man – lighten up. Who pissed in your corn flakes this morning? (’cause it wasn’t me).

You’ve got a bad attitide, Jim, or Vinny, or whatever your name is.

— George Orwell —

Fan Summit Updates– And I need your HELP.!—- CLICK! on Summit page

44. lenny says:

not surpried by this, you can tell just looking at the guy that he loves being a hab!

45. pic1983 says:

I assume Andrew Markoff vs Andrei Markov was used as a reference to the fact that he is becoming a canadian citizen?

46. RGM says:

I’ll pop down to the mall today to see what covers they have available. Crossing fingers for Cammy!

—————————————– Josh Gorges for Captain!

47. JIMVINNY says:

Obviously you’ve never been to Calgary.  Worshiping oil?  Hyperbole is one thing, but that’s ridiculous.

And the arrogance to assume that the only true hockey fans in the west are habs fans is astounding.  I know a ton of flames fans that are rabidly fanatical about their team.  I don’t share their allegiance, but I respect their passion.

48. Bill J says:

πŸ™ nope certainly not in Toronto.

You might get lucky in N.B. though πŸ˜‰

49. Rudy says:

Flying DC to Toronto to NB, not guessing I’ll find a Cammy cover at the airport πŸ™‚

50. slamtherimtim says:

all depends on how much they can spend ,

51. Bill J says:

If your going by airplane.

Check airports…. Might get lucky that way.

I Suspect PERHAPS in N.B. you will find Hab covers…

It’s a regional thing.

52. Rudy says:

So the cover is different in different places? Headed up to New Brunswick tomorrow, anyone know if I’ll be able to find a Cammy cover?

53. habs03 says:

I really think that it wont matter who wears the C, Gorges, Gio or Cammy, as opposed to previous years it seems like we have  a lot more leaders on the team that are capable of carrying the team, Gio, Gill, Georges, Cammy, Gomez (2 cups and with a team that was full of leaders in NJ).

54. Puck Bard says:

Friend is moving from NC to MTL with husband. They are a young couple, just starting off, need a 2 bedroom apartment on the Island. Suggestions where they should be looking?

55. Bill J says:

Hmmm not sold on your support for ANDREW MARKOFF.

56. SlovakHab says:

I absolutely like Cammalleri, but still not sold on him as a new captain..

For me, it’s between Josh Gorges, Brian Gionta and Andrew Markoff!

Any HIO fans in Osaka area?

57. CP31 says:

I don’t think any Habs fan would object to Cammy wearing the “C”. I know he would wear it proud and he would be a great example of what a “Candien” and “Canadian” hockey player should be!!

Mr. Cammalleri, you’ve had my vote since day 1 that you should be our next captain. But it should be noted that I bought a “GIONTA” jersey this past year (God I love that little guy, lol!)

It’s funny how we went from not being able to come up with a player for captaincy to having Cammy, Gio, Markov, Gorges, etc in “our” running for the next captain. Either way I like the direction of these Habs!!

Thursday October 7, 2010 – Can’t come soon enough!

58. soperman says:

I have been a Cammalleri fan since he first came to MontrΓ©al (grudging respect for him when he was in Calgary) but I cannot believe that some people give him less credit than he deserves because of his size.  He is tough and strong and his size is an advantage when defenders literally seem to lose sight of him in the offensive zone.  No, he is not going to deliver a punishing hit very often but that is not his job.

Definitely a candidate for Captain, though Gio or Gorges may have the inside track.

Give it up, Carey – sign the darn contract!

59. Bill J says:

Still better then having to look at Phil Kessel and his ugly jersey.

60. crazydude says:

I wish my THN copy had Cammy on the front instead of Taylor Hall

61. Habsrule1 says:

I love Cammalleri….maybe my favorite player, but somehow I still see Gionta as Captain. I’m starting to be able to picture Cammy with the C though.

I don’t think I’d really be dissapointed with Cammy, Gionta, or Markov as Captain. I can picture Gorges being the next one in a few years too.

Go Habs Go!! “Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.” – Sam Pollock

62. Habsforlife 1959 says:

Thank you. Me too. Been in the Military family for 34 years now and now serving in the Reserves for the past couple of years.

Good Morning Boys And Girls.

Here are the rates for the new Hall Of Fame and Bell Center tour Nov6th at 10.30am. Everyone and anyone just show up a little early to get your tickets.

HOF Only    Regular Admission    Group Admission (20+)
    Adults (17+)    10.00$    8.00$
    Children (5-16)    7.00$    5.00$
    Seniors (65+)    7.00$    5.00$
    Child (0-4)    Free    Free
    HOF + Bell Centre    Regular Admission    Group Admission (20+)
    Adults (17+)    15.00$    13.00$
    Children (5-16)    12.00$    10.00$
    Seniors (65+)    12.00$    10.00$
    Child (0-4)    Free    Free

Fan Summit Updates—Click Below

64. Rob says:

sorry to hear your’e leaving.  one less person for potential playoff get togethers!  alas, i’m stuck out here for at least another couple of years, before i head back home.  Good meeting you!

65. db says:

C- Cammy

A- Markov, Gionta, Gorges, Gill.. Pleks?

66. Xtrahabsfan says:

Cammi for Captain say’s I !

67. Clay4bc says:

In Montreal hockey is their religion…in Calgary they worship oil…

Those of us from the west who are serious about hockey cheer for the Habs.

— George Orwell —

68. kempie says:

Well, it’s my last sleep in Calgary. Victory is mine. Can’t wait to get back to the land of the living. I swear hockey fans out here either don’t realize or care how badly their team is managed. If this was Montreal, the place would be in flames (no pun intended). Out here, everybody seems just fine with the way things are. This town will never look better than it will in the rear view mirror. At least I got to hang with Timo.

69. thehuds says:

Crap, being in Ontario my THN yearbook has Kessel on the cover. Just another reason why I should move to Quebec.

70. Harani says:

(non-hockey related) If you have 10 minutes to spare, please do watch this video of soldiers coming home to their families. Truely touches your heart. Cried like a baby watching it (happy tears though).