Cammy’s status soars in Montreal

A few things while wondering whether Sir Paul McCartney, performing at the Bell Centre tonight, asked for a tour of the Canadiens’ dressing room:

Michael Cammalleri is on the cover of The Hockey News Yearbook that landed in my mail today, and he’s clearly one of highest-profile Canadiens heading into the 2010-11 season.

An interesting profile of Cammalleri by Vicki Hall of the Calgary Herald, from the city where Cammy played before arriving in Montreal where’s he’s become a huge fan favourite.

• One I missed a week ago (but better late than never): Jimmy Murphy talks to Bruins coach Claude Julien, who’s thrilled to have for Habs assistant coach Doug Jarvis join his staff.

• And in this week’s Hudson Gazette: Jacques Demers on his second chance at life after botched surgery took him much too near the ever-after.

The Habs former coach isn’t bitter – he’s genuinely happy to still be on this Earth.

1. Rudy says:

Can someone please ban this tool

2. HabsFanInTampa says:

I fail to see any reason for you to post this biased video. Unless, of course, you dislike the Canadiens. In that case, why are you on this site?

3. Propwash says:

What has convinced you that price has hit the bottle hard and is smoking cartons of du mauriers?

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

4. ooder says:

welli cheer for Russia so i would feel pretty sh!tty lol.

and thanks for the rule update… i guess i was wrong.. i was sure that once you played for one country you were stuck

——————

88 is the new 23

5. adam76 says:

What he does away from the rink is one of the main reasons he was 4 and 11 in 2010.  He is not a normal 22 year old.  He has to live to a higher standard.  If he cant keep away from the liquor, smokes and trim for the majority of the time –  he does not deserve to wear that jersey.

6. TheDagger says:

Fair enough.  If it were possible for him to play for Canada though how would you feel about it?

Edit: Actually it is possible for him to change to Team Canada, according to IIHF Rules.

7. SeriousFan09 says:

As ooder already pointed out, IIHF rules forbid it since he’s already played for Team Russia and with dual citizenship he’s going to keep playing for Russia even if the rule didn’t exist. Canada might be his adoptive country but he was born in Russia and learned the game there, he’s going to give back what he can I would suspect.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

8. mbplekfan says:

Maybe he should take a vow of celibacy and don monks robes.

What he does away from the rink is his business.

9. mbplekfan says:

Finally a realistic assessment of some of our propspects and their upside vs their deficiencies.

Correctly identifies a lackof size and meanness in our ranks and also points out that most of the prospects have limited upside with one or two projecting as possible 1st or 2nd liners.

Beyond Avtsin and Eller we have lots of potentially mediocre NHL’rs.

Correctly identifies that Weber and Carle have probably topped out as AHL players due to limited strength and size. The defense cupboard is bare and we will have to rely on the free agent market to fill out the roster in the future.

Im confused about the Leblanc thing. Some posters mention him as being a big centre while this report mentions that he isnt big or particularly strong and still has a long march ahead of him. Nothing Ive seen other than rabid fanboys mentions him as anything other than a potential everyday plugger. Certainly nothing that justifies the adoration on this board.

10. ooder says:

he can’t… since he already suited up for Russia he can no longer change teams

IIHF rules

——————

88 is the new 23

11. TheDagger says:

As Canadians (and Canadiens), how would you guys feel about Andrei Markov suiting up from Team Canada now that he’s one of us?

12. SeriousFan09 says:

Did the Lightning finish ahead of us because of the ongoing Stevie Y lovefest in the media?

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

13. adam76 says:

My last post on Price:

Wow – 27 replies to my video link.  Call me a troll if you like, but I have all your attention..

Price needs quit drinking, smoking and dedicate himself to the sport he is loves.  IF this happens, I will be the first to give him a standing O.  Price does not deserve any benefit of the doubt.  He wants it, he has to earn it.  I hope he will, however – nothing over the last two seasons indicate he can or will.

Would also be nice for him to apologise for his gutless and classless moves in his one playoff loss, but I’m not holding my breath.

Price – all the times you have cried in the dressing room like an emo kid listening to simple plan, could have been avoided if you skipped the outside the rink “lifestyle”.  You have the greatest honour in sports, act like you give a crap.  You need to hold yourself to a higher standard.  You are not a 22 year old, you are the starting goaltender of the greatest sports franchise in the world.

My true feelings are this.  The best thing for this franchie moving forward is to have Pricetitanic crash and burn the start of the season.  This will finally show that management made a huge mistake supporting this classless and lazy player

Suck it up, grow up  and take it to the next level.  I want you to read this, get pissed and jam it down my throat by proving me wrong in October.

Can you do it, can you prove half of the fanbase wrong?

14. HabFanSince72 says:

You have to hand it to Healy: being the biggest knob on HNIC takes some doing.

15. HabFanSince72 says:

Professional hater Rejean Tremblay is at his hating worst today in La Presse.

Not linking to it – if you absolutely need to read it you know how to find it.

However, in honour of his belief that the Habs captain needs to speak French, I wish to ask the question of the day:

Should a massively obese individual be hired as a sports writer?

16. observer says:

It’s fine to laugh at others’ blunders but when the guy who prepares and makes such a video and starts out the video in the first few seconds mis-spelling “a all-star goalie” (a not an) and then “to cocky“(not too) - this video is not even worth wasting any more seconds of one’s time watching.

17. Anonymous says:

THN Yearbook predicts us to finish in eighth, facing the caps in the first round.

18. SeriousFan09 says:

The Hockey News throwing out their pre-season predictions, so far they’ve got Panthers dead last, Islanders at 14th, 13th for the Rangers, 12th for the Loafs and 11th for the Thrashers in the East.

They’ve only got two more chances to grossly underestimate us and have MTL finishing out of the playoffs.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

19. ooder says:

admins.. this is officially troll like behaviour

adam posts absolutly nothing else then how Price sucks.. absoultly nothing.

never adds anything to any conversation (other then how Price sucks), posts these videos completel out of context.

this is a habs fans site.. his garbage doesn’t belong here

——————

88 is the new 23

20. Propwash says:

Totally off topic, but I cracked up at this beer commercial…

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

21. Mark C says:

IMO, after you get past Eller (assuming Subban is not considered a prospect) the next five spots are pretty much interchangeable. Mine would look like 2) Kristo, 3) Max-Pac, 4) Leblanc, 5) Avtsin, 6) Tinordi.

Did not like the comparison of Leblanc to Sam Gagner, however there are some similarities in their games. Also, the report seems a little down on Kristo’s skating, which I strongly disagree with. Kristo has near elite level skating.

22. SeriousFan09 says:

I would say you’re selling Pleks a bit short, I’m betting he’ll top his career numbers for 75-80 points.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

23. SeriousFan09 says:

Get help.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

24. Psycho29 says:

Actually I noticed he’s from Cole Harbour. He must have a man crush on Cindy Crosby…

25. notbigbird says:

It would beinteresting to see how the Habs own list might compare to this one. I`d also be interested to know what the Commetariat thnks of the ranking.

26. Anonymous says:

Just ran into Glenn Healy at princess auto in whitby, he was wearing his nhlpa shirt and trying to explain to someone how arbitration should work, lol.

27. Psycho29 says:

Another worthless post…like all your other ones.

28. b_whalen13 says:

I don’t know if this was posted here yet, but the habs website has a video of Dustin Boyd visiting the Bell Center. http://www.videosurf.com/video/welcome-to-montreal-dustin-1209454694

I think the habs did pretty good getting this guy for sergi k. He should be a great addition to the habs bottom six. :)

29. avatar_58 says:

The goalie has one job – make the saves. Carey made the saves he could. Without turning himself into a brick wall he WILL lose games. You kind of need to score goals for your goalie to walk away with a win.

I mean…does anyone blame the Philly series on Halak? I don’t, I didn’t see any goals scored…

30. avatar_58 says:

Ah I see, a non fan. See fans make TRIBUTE videos. You know like showing how he led the habs passed the bruins awhile back? The wins he got this year? The times such as in San Jose where he LITERALLY stood on his head?

Maybe you should make a video about Cammalleri constantly missing the net, Gomez failing at a deke or Plekanecs turning the puck over. You know, doesn’t matter if it doesn’t happen that often – make the video anyway to prove your point of view – that this team sucks.

Me? I stick to the tribute “fanboy” videos…

31. Mark C says:

Check out this in-depth scouting report on some of Montreal’s top prospects. I can guarantee it bets all the anti-Price propaganda.

32. GuyDoon says:

So Auld goes 13-6-2. Not bad!

33. Clay4bc says:

I get out plenty – likely more than you have ever done, really…in Alberta, Oil is money. I’m from there, born and raised. I made no mistake. Jim or Vinny (or whatever) is just in a pissy mood.

__________________________

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.

– George Orwell –

34. JasonM says:

Hey, when does training camp start? :)

35. JasonM says:

Pouliot 25 goals, 20 assists for 45 pts

LOL

36. ZepFan2 says:

Meh…

————————————————————————

- Steven Tyler

37. habinypsi says:

I hope we have a year like that, but i figure that we will get about 90ish points and squeak into the playoffs again.  I think Price will do well, not great but well.  I think that everyone here will be complaining when we dont trade Hammer at the deadline and then trade for this years Hossa/Kovy.  Ill be happy with that.

38. Propwash says:

Gotta love cherrypicked video highlights to try and prove a point.

Nope, I’m not convinced.

Fail.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

39. likehoy says:

it might not be a clip but a full-feature film.

40. joeybarrie says:

Do you hate this team? How do you call yourself a fan? Which team will you support this season?

The video doesn’t show goal let in by other goalies. Also doesnt show how a 23 year old kid has one of the best sv% in the league.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

41. pointu says:

Oh i forgot that when those two guys played for the habs.

42. OneTimer says:

high five!

43. SegerHabs says:

If you’re interested, the NHL Network will begin airing the Habs-Penguins series on Monday night at 7 est.

44. adam76 says:

You say and think what you want – but don;t for one split second think that this website is an accurate reflection of the true feelings of the fan base.  This is a clique of 30 people who agree with each other – anyone who disagrees quits after a few posts.

when 21,273 fans start chanting “we want halak” in October – you will see how much a minority this site is.

45. Bill J says:

Yeah “funny” eh – how Price does not give up even when the team is down, he keeps fighting.

Excellent quality in a player IMO.

;)

46. naweed235 says:

so funny how the scoreboard for 90% of those highlights was in the favor of the opposing team …

47. adam76 says:

Go team!  Your the best around!!!!!!!!!

48. kempie says:

Facepalm (with nosepinch)

49. Mattyleg says:

Cammi seems a bit hot-headed to be Captain.

It’s a great quality on the ice, but you need someone a bit more diplomatic to wear the C, I think.

Look at Boom-Boom getting out-voted by Beliveau. He stormed out kicking and cursing.

Look what happened to Big Jean.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

50. Bill J says:

Well then Robbie we certainly agree then,

Adam is a Troll.

51. Somethingwithhabsinit says:

I speak only the truth, Billy. He posts the same thing every time, and people react the same every time. How can that not be enjoyable? I say Adam isn’t getting the credit he deserves.

52. notbigbird says:

Apparently, there are those who don`t get that. :)

53. Bill J says:

You honestly give Adam far too much credit ;)

54. Bill J says:

LOL – great minds ;)

55. Somethingwithhabsinit says:

“Adam76 is a troll and he sucks.”

Actually, judging from the responses, I’d say he’s pretty good at it. Just to be clear (and I’m sure you know this already), he’s not posting that video to prove that Carey is bad at goaltending. I doubt that he cares either way. He’s posting that video so that people will freak out, and call him pathetic, and tell him he needs a life, and question his fandom. Then he reads the responses, has a good laugh, and goes on with his day, until he feels like doing it again, and everyone bites hard again. It’s pretty easy to be a troll on this site.

56. Bill J says:

PK is so awesome, he will find 5 new ways to increase his points total without scoring a goal or assisting on one. :D

57. OneTimer says:

P.K. is that good. He scores more points than his goal + assist total amounts to.

58. Storm Man says:

That could take you all day :)

59. Bill J says:

LMFAO! nice, never thought of it that way ;)

60. Storm Man says:

Clay does not get out much it was a oversight on his part to think all we do in Calgary is worship oil. He needs to get his facts straight, We worship MONEY and lots of it.

61. RGM says:

Wow. NHL calibre players scored against an NHL calibre goalie. Shocking.

In the words of Stone Cold Steve Austin, you are completely pathetic.

—————————————– Josh Gorges for Captain!

62. likehoy says:

i would object…he doesn’t have what it takes to be a captain. sure he can speak in front of a camera and he can score some nifty goals, but i want my captain to be a competitor on both ends of the ice and constantly in the thick of things.

63. likehoy says:

alright well it’s time to make a video of jaro halak’s horrible rebound control.

64. Storm Man says:

The whole Adam deal on why he keeps talking about Price day in and day out on here has come full circle. Adam has a HUGE crush on Price. Think about it, Adam spends his time looking for Price pics. I think what happened is one day Adam asked Price for his number and Price said sorry guy Im into women and it broke Adams heart. Adam is now scorn so he comes on here bashing Price.

65. kempie says:

It was one of the highlights of my stay Rob. But since we’re expecting a little boy (hopefully a power forward with good hands) in October, and I have the opportunity to work remotely from home, it’s time to get back. If we end up in another game 7 situation, I should fly back out & take my seat at Schanks. It definitely works. Nice meeting you guys too.

66. Bill J says:

Adam your troll status is about to surpass Price’s potential ;)

Keep up the “good” work.

67. notbigbird says:

I nevr click links without a clue as to what they are.

68. subdoxastic says:

I’d like to thank you, Adam76, for this latest link. After reviewing it I’ve realized a few things.

First, our defense needs to stop those cross crease passes.

Second, it would be great if our D could clear the front of the net more consistently, and without stiking the goalie in the face or pushing the puck into the net with his body (Georges and Gill respectively).

Third, Price will have to work on his angles.

Fourth, Price needs to make sure that Datsyuk and Zetterberg don’t get breakaways on him.

Fifth, Price needs to stop Alexancer Ovechkin from gaining the blueline with speed, stop him from looking off the defenceman and stop him from unleashing his wrist shot from within 25′ of the crease.

Sixth, that you are in fact a giant douchebag for posting to a Habs fan site a 3 minute plus montage of goals scored against one of the team’s goalies– with the title “Carey Price Sucks”.

Come to think of it, I’m having a hard time placing any contribution from you that doesn’t fall into the Carey Price sucks troll handbook.

So, if you’re allowed to poach “evidence” (and it’s hardly that, given lack of context and skewed focus) for your position that Carey Price indeed “sucks,” then I’ll follow the same standard for you. You constantly bitch and moan, issue ad hominem attacks against the team’s goalie and generally make an ass of yourself. Given this evidence (I’ll be happy to revise my estimate should you provide evidence of anything positive and or appropriately critical-thinking oriented) I guess there’s only one conclusion to draw.

Adam76 is a troll and he sucks.

69. HabFanSince72 says:

If you mean what neighborhood, Mile End is the place to be.

70. likehoy says:

i don’t want to be an arse but pk subban 5 + 35 =/ 45 lol.

71. madcap_habsfan says:

If your refering to mine …i have no clue what went on..i went to change it and i took a few minutes before it actually worked

-”People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” Chuck Palahniuk

72. W35T5ID3 says:

yea baby!!!

73. gK_HabsFan says:

Westmount… Chemistry class???

-GK-

74. doug19 says:

Well Vinny is coming to Montreal! Why else this late season surgery unless the knee problem showed up from a pre trade medical by the Habs. This explains the river to Tampa Bay and the unsigned Carey Price now doesn’t it. You heard it here first!

75. habstrinifan says:

This is NOT a post about Price. It is more a post to express my alarm and hopefully get responses from HIO community re one of Eklund’s recent rumour thread. He keeps suggesting that Habs may see Antti Niemi  as a solution should things go bad with Price’s contract.

I have no faith that Antti Niemi is a great NHL goaltender, despite his Stanley Cup win. If the unthinkable should happen, I hope Eklnd is wrong re PG considering bringing in Niemi. Not to mention the salary he may be seeking.

Am I underrating Niemi?

a

y

i

d

o

78. Storm Man says:

Good news for Chargers fans Merriman ended his holdout today :)

79. slamtherimtim says:

although the THN has cammy on it the french one here has PK on it

ANNUAL RAFFLE

Time to challenge people to what they are donating to the Canadiens Children’s Foundation Raffle at the Baton Rouge dinner.

In the past we have had $1000 of dollars in prizes donated.

Let’s post what your bringing on here.

RUB SHOULDERS AND TALK HOCKEY WITH MURRAY WILSON AND RICK MOFFAT AT THE SUMMIT.

Ian

We would love to help out in some way, even if its for some postgame mingling like last year!

Rick Moffat
    CJAD 800 Sports Director
    Voice of the Montreal Canadiens & Alouettes
    Astral Radio GP
    1411 du Fort
    Montreal, QC.
    Canada H3H 2R1
  82. saskhabfan says:

I’m not really following what is happening with the summit that closely but isn’t there supposed to be a charity hockey game or something with some of the summit participants? If there is a game,who is going to coach and will their be like a HIO draft or something? I haven’t seen any HIOCS (habsinsideout central scouting) ratings yet. Who will be HIO’s #1 draft pick? Can u tell i miss hockey much?

Leafstv “telling their fans they deserve to win for over 40 years”

83. Clay4bc says:

Timo is the consensus number one pick.

__________________________

– George Orwell –

84. RiverviewCanadien says:

Captain…just a word, or is it more than that, is it really important to have a player wear this?

I think it might be.

Every team needs to have a ”guy” players can go to with thoughts on the game, a”guy” that can motivate and lead by example, a “guy” that can rally the team in do-or-die games, a “guy”? Yes, I think they need a Captain and the right Alternates.

Saku Koivu…the best I have seen since the days of Gainey, Carbonneau. Another great player (my all time fav forward), Naslund (wore an A for a few years). All these “guys” have led by example, motivated players, everything I have mentioned above and more. True leaders, and those teams were pretty successful. Teams need a great captain to be successful (see Lidstrom another great captain). But I do still feel bad for Saku, a “guy” who was talented, and bled for the Bleu, Blanc et Rouge. One of the Great Canadiens Captains that never got his dues.

I digress.

I just can’t help but feel excited, for so many ways. They have so many players that fit the above mold. Markov, Plekanec, Gionta, Cammalleri, Gorges, Gill, Gomez…They really CAN’T go wrong when they stitch the “C” on one of these “guys” along with the “A”s.

Anyone else just have a good feeling about the upcoming season?

85. Sheldon says:

I traded four guys to the Leafs annual Summit to get the rights to email Timo. Just call me Sammy!

86. andrewberkshire says:

I hope you didn’t try to trade me because I have a strict NMC.

87. saskhabfan says:

Something tells me timo won’t be chosen on draft day regardless how impressive or unimpressive his scouting report is.

Leafstv “telling their fans they deserve to win for over 40 years”

88. madcap_habsfan says:

yes, i’m so excited :)

89. W35T5ID3 says:

ME 2!!!GOOD GOD I’M GOING THROUGH HAB HOCKEY WITHDRAWAL!!!IM GONNA FREAKKKK OUT!

Hiya Madcapper ;)

90. madcap_habsfan says:

Happy Birthday to Josh Gorges :)

91. habfan01 says:

I have a hockey sick used by Dickie Moore in a game at the forum I will trade for season tickets

92. madcap_habsfan says:

heya Danny boy :) I am JONESING majorly for some hockey for at least half the season, the second half im goign to miss all thursday night games *tears*

93. W35T5ID3 says:

HAPPY B DAY 2 ME!!!…… . …. in 21 days…..haha

94. W35T5ID3 says:

its actually Dave :)

.. .. i lied originally on my profile,i dont know why..lol…but i changed it.

95. madcap_habsfan says:

give the guy some kudos..the last time i checked this was a habs website not a w35t5id3 website..you can do it

96. W35T5ID3 says:

Gorges is the MAN!SO underrated and what a steal when we plucked him and a 1st rounder from the Sharks.

97. madcap_habsfan says:

seriously dude wtf is up with you ? you do know your credability is shot a wee bit now eh?

98. W35T5ID3 says:

…..eh….no sass from you MC Habsfan…

99. madcap_habsfan says:

He deserves praise for sure

100. W35T5ID3 says:

Why?And whats the deal with you tonight?Got some kinda beef?How is my credability shot?My original account,which had all my real info got blocked for some reason.So this new one,W35t5iD3 had a little few fibs on it.But I changed it.So my cred is good.Don’t hate,i’m a good honest person.

101. madcap_habsfan says:

i’m not hating ….im just wondering…..i’m sorry if i seem like a female dog..

102. W35T5ID3 says:

Have you not ever lied before when filling out some kind of registration or account or something online????Hmmmm???Ya,i thought so.

103. madcap_habsfan says:

i apologized i’m sorry

104. W35T5ID3 says:

too hot here in B.C…..

…..must drink beer….must drink cold beer and cool down….

….yes….oh yes……

beer…..is goood….Go Habs Go

105. W35T5ID3 says:

Apology accepted.

106. ProHabs says:

Get a room you two.

107. madcap_habsfan says:

i apologize to everyone else too and   i’m full on embarrassed ..we can go back to talkign about hockey now and i will never talk about anything but ever again

108. W35T5ID3 says:

Lets look at the Northeast division,shall we……

Buffalo….meh…great goalie….lost some key parts in the off season…their D is thin and i think they are just an average team.They got a beast in Myers and Miller in nets who is great….not to mention Vanek and a few other nice pieces up front….MY PREDICTION:3rd in the Northeast.

Toronto…..lol…..i suppose they\ve gotten better with the additions of Versteeg and Armstrong.Phaneuf is a nice piece on D and maybe they might get decent value on Kaberle.Yet still i question their netminding and they still are without a true set-up man for Phil the Thrill Kessel……MY PREDICTION:4th in the Northeast

Boston…..Well…despite their epic collapse in the playoffs vs the hated Flyers they do have a good future.Seguin will be a beauty once he fully develops and they have Rask…..a very good goaltender.Chara is good but aging and i believe on the decline a little.Offence is a little thin up front and i dont think Nathan Horton was the answer….MY PREDICTION….2nd in the Northeast.

Ottawa…..Had an outstanding season last year but that came as a surprise and i highly doubt that they can duplicate those accomplishments once again this season.Their D is suspect.Gonchar is a nice addition but he’s often injured and he’s only got a few years left in him.Spezza is an enigma.Alfreddson is steady every year and can be counted on once again to shoulder the offensive load.Kovalev 1 ups Spezza however in the Enigma category and probably will pull another Houdini act and dissapear once again.I don’t like what they have in net.Elliot?No thanks.LeClaire?He’s always hurt……almost as much as Sami Salo in Vancouver.LOL……….MY PREDICTION….5th in the Northeast.

….AND FINALLY….

Montreal….Well what can i say?!!!I too like many others are excited about this team.Why?Many reasons.First of which is PK Subban.I think the world of this kid and he will win the Calder trophy this season.His potential is off the charts.Mike Cammalerri is gonna explode and score more than any other player ….He will crack the 50 goal plateau and i will even go as far as to say he’ll win the Richard trophy.The leadership and overall character and skill of this team is very good i believe.Plekanec,Gionta,Gomez are solid.AK46 is primed for a break out season if he can get his head into it.I believe in the tank.Auld is a solid back up to Price.As for Carey,i believe he also is primed for a stellar season as the true #1 goaltender for the Habs.He will show us all why he is so highly thought of and why he went 5th overall in the draft.I love Markov.He’s the anchor on D.Lars Eller is gonna prove to be a fantastic acquisition for this club.I truly believe that.He’s gonna turn heads and have people saying:Halakwhoo???……………………………………   ….   . ….MY PREDICTION…1st in the Northeast!

PHew!!Wow that was alot of typing.But that is my analysis and i’m sticking with it!Go Habs Go!!!

109. W35T5ID3 says:

Why are you full on embarassed?I don’t get it…???..

110. madcap_habsfan says:

all i wanted to do was wish my favorite player a happy birthday, not insult anyoneor subject all these great people ( well most of them anyways, a ceratin goalie basher comes to mind) to something that has nothing to do with hockey … i just want to be taken seriously as a fan here thats why

111. W35T5ID3 says:

I believe and take you seriously as a habs fan.As i do all people here.Why else would anyone be here at HIO unless they’re Habs fans ???Well aside from the occasional Leaf lovers who come here and talk dumb sh!t.

112. ProHabs says:

Don’t be so hard on yourself madcap. Even though it was starting to sound a little like lavalife between you and W35, everything is AOK.

113. W35T5ID3 says:

…..dude seriously….shut it.

114. madcap_habsfan says:

thanks, now back to hockey talk..i don’t think we’ll be 1st in our division but i think we have a good shot at being higher then last year…we are a better team then we were a couple of years ago and we are a better team then the leafs, we will not let them beat us down EVER. btw is there a reason we open and close our season playing them again? is another one of Bettman’s ploys? or just a coincidence?..god Bettman…grrrr

115. Say Ash says:

Ha! I love these Friday-night posts. Cammy’s gonna win the Richard? I hope you’re right, but in the meantime, put the bottle down.

116. W35T5ID3 says:

Actuallly  i believe we open against Stevie Y,Guy Boucher and the Lightning.Correct me if i’m wrong but i think thats what it is.I like it when we play the make me laughs because its always such a heated game and i get nervous as F***!!Grrrr i hate those pansies!!!

117. ProHabs says:

Dude, your acting like a 3rd wheel between me and madcap.

118. W35T5ID3 says:

aye yaye yaye

119. madcap_habsfan says:

it’s actually the islanders..in long island, our first home game of the season is the lightning, am i unjustified in being a lil nervous for that one? according to some posters here there not as good as people are makign them out to be but i dunno

120. W35T5ID3 says:

Got a prob??Is my Cammalerri/ Richard trophy that unrealistic???Hmmm???Who was the dominent goal scorer in the playoffs????Crosby???Nah.Ovie????Nah.Hmmm,I forget who….can you remind me???….i seem to have forgotten.I think he wore 13……yah…im not sure though

And for the record…..i’ve had only 1 beer.So in the meantime,please dont start critisizing someone for no bloody reason.I’m just being optimistic and well,i truly believe he could be right up there with the goal scoring leaders in the NHL this year.

121. W35T5ID3 says:

What the hell are you talking about?I dont even know you or her for that matter so stop being a dumbazz and relax.

122. W35T5ID3 says:

Oh…ya tnx…iwasnt too sure about the sched.But ya i’m with you…i think the bolts are gonna be good.Really good.Boucher is the biggest addition.More so than Gagne.Hell,out of any offseason hiring/trade/FA signing by any team i believe the best move was the Linghtnings hiring of Boucher.He’s gonna have Tampa playing excellent hockey.i really wish somehow we could have kept him on board with the Habs….but….oh well.

123. madcap_habsfan says:

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=535914&navid=DL|MTL|home…  a silly little piece in honor of gorges turning 26 :)

124. ProHabs says:

The team better sign Gorges to an extension. Don’t want to lose this guy after this season. By the way, do you know anyone from Valcartier Village.

125. Mr-T says:

“PREDICTIONS”…From 4th to 1st and those for Subban, Cammalleri and Eller. We all want the Habs to do well, however try to be a little more sensible and practical to the degree of not being so reckless with such inflated and impropable outcomes.

126. Rob says:

So i’ve been working on this poster tonight to put up in my classroom, and I figured i’d share it.  I uploaded it on photobucket and you can access it from the link below.  I made it 24×16 so that you could actually print it out, however, it appears that photobucket has downsized it.  So not sure what the quality will look like it you try to increase the size. anyway, if you like it, i can always email you the original poster sized jpg.  ahhh….sharing.  feels good

127. Rob says:

sorry….not involved in this conversation.  just wanted to post a comment in a really skinny box.

128. The Cat says:

I think your prediction for Ottawa is too rough man. They got an excellent coach over there. It looks to be tight in the division.

129. gloveside says:

Never enough late night druken banter to achieve the super skinny box! I’m sure WEST49 or whatever his name is went to bed thinking he had a new girlfriend!

130. Kristopher7 says:

Did someone say, skinny box?

131. Kristopher7 says:

LOL, how did you pic change from one second ago?

132. The Cat says:

Im almost a size 0 *blushes*

133. W35T5ID3 says:

Oh,please tell me oh wise one,member of the has-been A-team.I insist.Do tell me what i’ve said that is so inflated and improbable???OK ok Cammy winning the goal scoring race is a bit much,i know…but hey….i believe he can do it.Also it is my opinion and some one’s gotta be positive cuz lord knows folks like yourself are too damn pessimistic and have such a sh!tty outlook on the habs and their potential for success.

If you think Subban winning the Calder is improbable or an inflated opinion then i believe you’ve inflated probably a little too much air into that head of yours.

All of my predictions and opinions are not that wacky…..well maybe to a nut job like you Mr. T.

…..I pity da fool…..

134. W35T5ID3 says:

……ok buddy whatever……

……nice avatar……lol…..

….good luck getting a g/f looking like that.

135. W35T5ID3 says:

S

K

I

N

N

Y

136. W35T5ID3 says:

So i decide to offer my opinion and optimistic thoughts on the Northeast division next year (posted  below) and all i get is criticism.Man,people need to learn to relax.Its just what i think.Sure you may not think the habs will do good this season …but i think they will.Tell me please …Overall, who has the better TEAM?Montreal?Ottawa?Buffalo?Boston?Toronto?

We are better than all of those teams.We also got further than any of those teams in the playoffs and yes Halak who is gone had a major part in that but he wasnt the only one to contribute to their run.It was the ENTIRE team.

The b’s,laffs,sabres and sens rosters are decent …not great …just like the habs….decent…not great….but OVERALL i believe we’ve got a better more cohevise unit with LOADS of character.And that goes a long way.

137. The Cat says:

To be honest with you I think Boston has the better team. I know youre going to say the habs went to the semis and the bruins didnt, but you could also say Boston took 3 games from Philadelphia.

2010 HIO Fan Summit Updates. Raffle Nonations. click here!

Largest Turnout For Our HIO Fan Summit In 4 years

139. Bill J says:

I dunno about Boston “this year” – could go many different ways for them…

Not done yet, but all indications seem to point to Marc Savard being let go…. to be replaced by Tyler Seguin.

Now Seguin is good and all, but not yet at Marc Savard level (as far as the impact he brings to the team)

the North East will be a battle I think personally, and being the optimistic guy I am, I think the Habs after having built the chemistry they did…  Have a legit shot at competing for the North East Title this season.

The dark horse IMO, is Buffalo.  Just a hunch I have.

140. Bill J says:

4th achieved with little chemistry.

1st this season IS possible, the North East will be a battle to the end IMO.

Ottawa has Kovalev & Spezza… Enough Said!

;)

141. Bill J says:

Benoit Brunet ?

142. Clay4bc says:

Nice work, man!

__________________________

– George Orwell –

143. HabFanSince72 says:

The Bruins keep going backwards since their great 2008-2009 season.

They made themselves worse in the short run by trading Kessel (went from top scoring team in the league to one of the worst).

They will make themselves worse in the short run by replacing Savard by Seguin and ditching Ryder.

144. The Cat says:

It’ll be tight as it always is in the new NHL. Could be like 10 point difference between 1st and 5th.

145. Psycho29 says:

Happy Birthday Josh Gorges…

He has my vote for Captain….(not that it counts for much!)  :-)

146. The Cat says:

Maybe, but that defense is ultra stingy. They only need a slight improvement in offense and it could come from 1 or 2 players only and/or a PP improvement and that puts them easily over the top IMO. They were almost in this exact situation the year before their big year.

Fan Summit Updates– And I need your HELP.!—- CLICK! on Summit page

Here are the rates for the new Hall Of Fame and Bell Center tour
    Nov6th at 10.30am. Everyone and anyone just show up a little early to
    get your tickets.

HOF Only    Regular Admission    Group Admission (20+)
    Adults (17+)    10.00$    8.00$
    Children (5-16)    7.00$    5.00$
    Seniors (65+)    7.00$    5.00$
    Child (0-4)    Free    Free

HOF + Bell Centre    Regular Admission    Group Admission (20+)
    Adults (17+)    15.00$    13.00$
    Children (5-16)    12.00$    10.00$
    Seniors (65+)    12.00$    10.00$
    Child (0-4)    Free    Free

We would like to offer you the following rates : $109 CAD per room
    per night, plus taxes, single or double occupancy.

Book your room at this # and tell them you are with Habs Inside Out Group or HIO to get the deal rate everyone.

The hotel  number for Novotel reservations is: 1-514-871-2138

Duplicate

149. HabsFanInTampa says:

Does anybody know where I can purchase a copy online of this THN Yearbook issue with Cammi on the cover? The one’s down here have the Bolts on the cover.

150. SeriousFan09 says:

Fly to MTL I think. That or have a friend there mail one to you, they seem to be region-specific.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

151. subdoxastic says:

okay, here goes….

italics be gone [i/]

152. subdoxastic says:

I’m not sure that my attempt was the one to prove successful. Not that I have anything against the script, it’s lovely, but it is too associated with it performance as an indicator of textual evidence in a previous work and/or reported dialogue. Luckily it is now common for a book title to be <u>Underlined</u> so often <i>italics</i> aren’t forced to do yet another job.

Come to think of it, our team needs an italic-type player, a conversational skater, an authoritative shot, and the ability to reference others with his play, teammates and the greats of yore.

* and I still can’t get the codes to work! Somebody help me out.

153. g says:

True-I always get a leaf on my cover-rats. The hockeynews subscription site allows you to pick your team.

“Long before I ever wore the jersey, I wore the jersey.” Dryden

154. adam76 says:

Ah, lamentably no.  My gastronomic rapacity knows no satieties.

155. Say Ash says:

Can somebody please post the full Hockey News predictions?

156. Psycho29 says:

Why should I be banned, because you disagree?  Go back to cuba, commie!!!!

——————————————

What is wrong with is post and why should you be banned?

Because you are posting unsubstantiated rumors.

You are not with Price 24-hours a day. You obviously have some kind of hatred for him which is your right, but not to post rumors about what you think is going on with him based on pictures taken a few years ago….OMG a 20-something year old kid someplace hot in the off season for a couple of weeks drinking beer….What is the world coming to.

And before you call me a Price Fanboy (which is your reply to everyone), I didn’t care who was in nets last season, and I would defend any of our players when it comes to crap like you posted.

157. Bill J says:

High 5 & Amen Brotha!

158. Rob says:

the fact that i informed of Carey Price’s actual offseason work out routine, and he chose to ignore it dispells any notion that he is merely hoping Price will come around and act like a “professional”…whatever that is.  Last I checked, a lot of the top performing professional athletes seem to be getting caught up in all sorts of sex, drug, and violent crime scandals.  So maybe Price should ditch the gym and get back out on the town.

In terms of why he should be banned…i don’t agree that he should be banned, though i do agree with your comments. But then statements like “go back to Cuba, commie!!!” pretty much indicate the kind of person you’re dealing with here.

159. Storm Man says:

Travis Yost from Hockey Buzz has picked the Habs to win the Northeast this year. I would say that is about right, In other news Adam is drunk again and dreaming about his man crush Price.

160. fuhgawz says:

he is picking every team in the northeast to win the northeast — read the rest of his article not just the base of it.  — he is going through each team and stating WHY they will win the northeast.

161. GrimJim says:

Yost’s article was okay but Eric Engels has some good topics for discussion in his Habs Notes blog (apologies if it has been posted alraedy)

162. Storm Man says:

I just got the text from a friend in Ottawa as he is a sens fan. Plus the fact he knows I dont read stuff from that site so he was hoping I would go look :)

163. Rice Miller says:

“You hold this boy’s future in your hands, committee. It’s a valuable future. Believe me. Don’t destroy it! Protect it. Embrace it. It’s gonna make ya proud one day — I promise you.”

Fan Summit Updates– And I need your HELP.!—- CLICK! on Summit page

Here are the rates for the new Hall Of Fame and Bell Center tour
    Nov6th at 10.30am. Everyone and anyone just show up a little early to
    get your tickets.

HOF Only    Regular Admission    Group Admission (20+)
    Adults (17+)    10.00$    8.00$
    Children (5-16)    7.00$    5.00$
    Seniors (65+)    7.00$    5.00$
    Child (0-4)    Free    Free

HOF + Bell Centre    Regular Admission    Group Admission (20+)
    Adults (17+)    15.00$    13.00$
    Children (5-16)    12.00$    10.00$
    Seniors (65+)    12.00$    10.00$
    Child (0-4)    Free    Free

We would like to offer you the following rates : $109 CAD per room
    per night, plus taxes, single or double occupancy.

The hotel  number for Novotel reservations is: 1-514-871-2138

165. cautiousoptimist says:

Can’t wait!  Thanks Ian!

1. http://www.flickeringpictures.com – not a hockey site, but still kinda neat
  166. Storm Man says:

Thanks for the post. Eric has some good insight on the Habs, You could make my day perfect if you trade Adam away life would be so peaceful on here.

167. GrimJim says:

The userid is GrimJim not Boone or God

168. TheDagger says:

To HIO or Montreal Gazette or whoever;

Please find a way to get Eric Engels of your staff so I have no reason to ever go to hockeybuzz.com again.  He would be an awesome addition to this site and your staff.  Damn good reads.

169. SeriousFan09 says:

They can fire Jack Todd at the same time, 2-for-1 bonus for Habs fans.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

You want him ON or OFF the staff.?

Maybe the Halifax Daily wants to pay him.

171. db says:

He gets more comments on one post than all of the other bloggers combined.  Factor in all of us that only ready his posts and dont comment, well… Engles is 75% of HB hits.  Props to Eklund for gathering HB bloggers… they put him to shame.

HIO can probably generate some revenue with a simple links page..

172. DAVE. N says:

Couple of quick points on todays’ meandering thoughts through the annals (yes, I said annals) of HIO on Friday the 13th….

Can’t believe anyone , being a Habs fan would want a ” Carey-Lite ” this season….bring on the good stuff, I say…

Give it up a bit, will ya? The kids’ done a few kid things….he’ll grow up…he’s made mistakes, he’ll learn…

And important IMO…..Doug Jarvis back behind the bench, in a support role….with the wrong team IMO….an IronMan in work ethic…the Bruins are lucky to have him.

Glad Jacques Demers is still with us, in spite of the odds after the errors..

In the past we have had $1000 of dollars in prizes donated.

I hear that someone might donate two Canadiens Hockey sweaters. What ideas are out there.?

174. secretdragonfly says:

My shrine is fairly modest but I can contribute an autographed Jean Beliveau photo – I’ll have it framed and put it in the pot.  Sorry, I’m hanging onto my JB and Guy Lafleur signed pucks, though.

175. SeriousFan09 says:

Don’t have anything close to resembling good memorabilia, will have to find something at a shop when I’m down there.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

176. TheDagger says:

On the staff, sorry.  And I’m sure the Halifax Daily would hire him, as long as he is willing to work for Alexander Keiths!  But who isn’t?

177. _Habsoloutly_ says:

No, it’s the Chronicle Herald that pay’s in Keiths.

178. RGM says:

Yeah but the comments section is about 2% hockey, 13% pictures of boobs, and 85% stuff that would get you banned from HI/O. Funny stuff, though.

—————————————–
    Josh Gorges for Captain!

179. Exit716 says:

In the end, Cammalleri found work in Montreal with Les Canadiens to the
    tune of $30 million US over six years. He proved his worth by leading
    the team with 13 goals and 19 points through a fairy tale playoff run
    that ended one game shy of the Stanley Cup final.

Geez. I missed something then. The Habs forced the Flyers to a seventh game in the Conference Final?
    That’s really poor editing.
  180. christophor says:

two errors in one paragraph. that contract would be nice.

181. yathehabsrule says:

Well the Prince of Wales Trophy says the Capitals won the Eastern Conference, so maybe some parallel universes got crossed over.

___________________________________________

Ya! The Habs Rule! now on Twitter!

182. BJT says:

Hey Mr. Stubbs, mind giving me a tip as to which Habs made the top 20?

Formerly known as Camel_Larry

183. hotspur says:

Pretty sure markov was our only player to make the top 50 last year.

_________________________________________________________________

Audere est Facere- To Dare Is To Do

184. Dave Stubbs says:

Cammalleri is No. 49. (Halak is No. 45, if you want to use an asterisk.) And that’s it.

Dave Stubbs
    Habs Inside/Out
    Sports Columnist/Feature Writer, Montreal Gazette
    • On Twitter: twitter.com/habsinsideout1

185. madcap_habsfan says:

I have always been a Demers fan..i’m really glad he pulled through and it’s really inspiring to see how positive he is about what happened.

186. jennifer1984 says:

i want the copy with Cammi on it. The one I got in the mail has Phil Kessel on it, and the ones Ive seen in the stores have Kessel too.

Seriously I just moved North west 8 hours from leaf land, and I still cant get rid of them?

187. yathehabsrule says:

The joys of living in Ontario as a Habs fan!

___________________________________________

Ya! The Habs Rule! now on Twitter!

188. Curtis O Habs says:

Getting to game seven would have been nice as well.

189. yathehabsrule says:

Was the lady from the Herald using the same set of questions as Calgary’s The Team960? The interview portion of the story is essentially the same.

___________________________________________

Ya! The Habs Rule! now on Twitter!

190. SeriousFan09 says:

It is fun to see the Leafs fans crawl across the broken glass that is their dreams of having a good team.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

191. yathehabsrule says:

Mitch Melnick tweeting from the Paul McCartney show: “And he leaves with a Habs jersey draped over his shoulders. I think he passed the audition.”

___________________________________________

Ya! The Habs Rule! now on Twitter!

192. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

I was at the ACC show on Monday, and I think I would have been compelled to boo loudly if he had left the stage with a Leafs jersey on =)

193. observer says:

Watching the Obama worshipping leftist former Beatle(the good-looking one) sing 50 years later in 2010 is the equivalent to watching Al Jolson sing in the 1970s.

194. W35T5ID3 says:

Cammi for Captain!!!!!!Its Gotta Be!!!Em Cee One Three needs the Cee.NOW!!!

195. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

The fact that I received a Cammalleri jersey AND figurine as two separate wedding/bachelor party gifts last week only furthers his intense level of coolness

196. W35T5ID3 says:

Cammi stays healthy…if…..if he does….if he plays all 82 games this season hes gonna crack the 50 goal plateau.Hell he’s gonna win the rocket richard trophy.

197. Mr-T says:

Remarkable since he died in 1950. I suppose you have also seen Elvis recently.

198. thebigguy says:

Obviously he’s not much of an ‘observer’? :)

199. observer says:

You could have watched this aged singer on TV, a tape or wherever 50 years later that was the point. McCartney a billionaire now leftist after he has gathered together all the money he did that Heather Mills couldn’t relieve him of, is a singer of music of 50 years ago like the Strawberry Fields stoned days of his.

200. Psycho29 says:

Relax Tony! It’s only music!

:-)

201. TommyB says:

I was there Sunday night…someone tossed him a Red Wings jersey at the end of the show.  He held it up, the crowd jeered, and McArtney noted, “Ah, wrong team eh!”.

202. BJT says:

Thanks, man.

That part on Halak kinda stings, though.. But it’s also pretty premature. I’d like to see him play a full season before we label him an elite, top 10 starter.

Formerly known as Camel_Larry