Cammy’s status soars in Montreal

A few things while wondering whether Sir Paul McCartney, performing at the Bell Centre tonight, asked for a tour of the Canadiens’ dressing room:

Michael Cammalleri is on the cover of The Hockey News Yearbook that landed in my mail today, and he’s clearly one of highest-profile Canadiens heading into the 2010-11 season.

An interesting profile of Cammalleri by Vicki Hall of the Calgary Herald, from the city where Cammy played before arriving in Montreal where’s he’s become a huge fan favourite.

• One I missed a week ago (but better late than never): Jimmy Murphy talks to Bruins coach Claude Julien, who’s thrilled to have for Habs assistant coach Doug Jarvis join his staff.

• And in this week’s Hudson Gazette: Jacques Demers on his second chance at life after botched surgery took him much too near the ever-after.

The Habs former coach isn’t bitter – he’s genuinely happy to still be on this Earth.

1. Bill J says:

Right back at ya with think what ya want.

But don’t think for a split second (albeit I know its hard for you to actually THINK) that 21,273 EVER booed Price.

Take off the Dunce cap, or keep it on – up to you….

But know this, I believe you to be a immature idiotic child. (seeing as you welcomed me to say & think what I want)

😉

2. pointu says:

Oh i forgot that when those two guys played for the habs.

3. adam76 says:

You say and think what you want – but don;t for one split second think that this website is an accurate reflection of the true feelings of the fan base.  This is a clique of 30 people who agree with each other – anyone who disagrees quits after a few posts.

when 21,273 fans start chanting “we want halak” in October – you will see how much a minority this site is.

4. adam76 says:

Go team!  Your the best around!!!!!!!!!

5. Xtrahabsfan says:

The night before a game????That explains EVERYTHING!

6. Hockey Socks says:

I’m actually hoping Subban plays for Team Canada in 2014.

7. Bill J says:

Yeah because a serious fan can not appreciate other teams players.

Hell by your standards, no one is allowed to be a fan of Halak anymore.

😉

8. pointu says:

For a guy calling himself”Serious fan”you should not list players like Ovi and Mario in your favorite player category.

9. SeriousFan09 says:

For a guy borrowing the nickname of the best practical joke man the Canadiens ever had, you should at least try to be funny.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

10. Storm Man says:

I stand by what I said. You say you have done more than I have ever done? is this other oversight on your part again? Calgary has alot more going on besides oil, You should read up on what is going on. Alot has changed in the past 10 years.

11. DCos says:

Wow! Just Wow! I don’t even know what to say. I didn’t think people could be so stupid, but Adam, ya proved me wrong kid (which you pretty much have to be with a post like that).

You’d think that most people that took time to post on a Habs blog would know something, anything about hockey, but you kid clearly do not. That’s the only explanation for such a moronic post. Well, that or you’re a trolling Leafs fan (actually that does make more sense).

——————————————————————————————————————-Whining, sniveling, complaining, negative “fans” annoy me. BG, PG and CP bashers….take a hike!

12. Bill J says:

Sorry, your wrong.

Brett Hull has dual citizenship, but has NEVER played for Team Canada.

As he was CUT by Team Canada, and then was accepted by Team USA.

Edit perhaps your not wrong as much as I miss-understood what you said.

If you meant to say U.S. as opposed to us. (perhaps you can see why I was confused) then your right.

us & U.S. are two different things.

13. pic1983 says:

Well at 6′ and 178lbs, Leblanc certainly isnt Big.  He’s a center, perfectly billingual, native montrealer, and a first round pick, so obviously our fan base is going to be high on him.  The fact that hes a right-hand shot certainly doesnt hurt either.

He certainly has potential, but he isnt a slam dunk of any sort.  The increase in adoration lately is probably due to the fact that he left harvard and will play for the juniors in the QMJHL which should fast track his development.

14. ZepFan2 says:

The many voices in his head told him that.

————————————————————————

– Steven Tyler

15. pic1983 says:

Heres an excerpt from the report on paccioretty:

“His release time on that shot needs to improve however, as he often gets caught taking too long with the puck which leads to him getting hit very hard quite often. His offensive decision making is often subpar, partially due to a lack of confidence and partially due to mediocre hockey sense.”

I have to say that is an extremely accurate assessment of the minor issues with paccioretty.  I still have faith in the kid though.  Just needs confidence.

16. Les Habitants says:

bret Hull was a canadian and played for us.

The last time the leafs won the cup it was still just a bowl!!

17. Habsforlife 1959 says:

You boy do not deserve to comment on this site. Take your comments elsewhere and your life is nothing but a negative pain it the butt. Get real!!!

18. crabvader says:

LOL! Check-mate.

19. crabvader says:

Purely coincidental, lol!

20. K-hab25 says:

You got me!! I printed it off HIO and have had it on my wall ever since. You don’t have to be jealous about it, just let me know where you want me to send your copy of the pic, P-troll.

21. Bill J says:

LMAO @

X-Troll & A-Troll

Nicely done.

22. Bill J says:

Made me laugh to see you agree with K-Hab…. considering your avatar & what it says Vis-a-vis K-Hab’s real name 😉

23. pointu says:

And you still have that picture stapled to your ceiling above your bed and Shane has it stapled to the back of his wifes head.