Cammy out with the flu

AUDIO: Brian Gionta | Hal Gill | Carey Price | James Wisniewski (with background vocals by P.K. Subban) | Jacques Martin

Michael Cammalleri missed the Canadiens’ practice today with the flu.

Mathieu Darche skated on his own for the third consecutive day while Brett Sopel also worked on his own but wasn’t  using his injured left hand.

1. shootdapuck says:

Yada Yada Yada, last week according to Bettman players got concussed by falling down now its by no identifyable cause!

Maybe blows to the head? Could that be the cause?

Why? maybe cause the downside is so pathetically inconsequential, that players don’t pay attention!

… the fans of the Boston Bruins now have lost forever any right to complain that “the league” is out to get their team, and that the Montreal Canadiens have some kind of pull inside the NHL home office. Charles P. Pierce – Boston Globe

2. longtimehabsfan says:

My 5 step plan:

1. Fire Bettman

2. Fire Campbell

3. CBC fire Cherry, give him a gold watch and thank him for his service

4. Touch up icing

5. Olympic size rinks

3. ProHabs says:

Exactly, it does nothing to prevent concussions at all. All it does is deal with what do to after the concussion happens. Does this guy have any proactive ideas.

4. Komihater says:

I did not, thanks.

They seem to be pretty optimistic, i’m remaining skepticle.

5. HalifaxHabs says:

reality check – your first four will all happen before number 5 ever happens.

6. HalifaxHabs says:

I guess this is like a comedy bit, because I’m sure you know not every city in Japan has been destroyed.

7. Jordio-oh says:

I’ve been wondering about this lately. You watch the NFL on weekends and they have broadcast analysts consisting of hall of famers and other former star players (Bradshaw, Aikman, Young, Carter etc) and yet the NHL is being represented by personalities such as Kyrpeos, PJ Stock, Mike Milbury, Barnaby. Not to mention a whole flock of broken down NHL back up goalies. Ray Ferraro is in a class of his own because he’s clearly a Hab hate from his years of losing to them with the Whalers and Islanders.

My thought is: Is it really that surprising that there isn’t more outrage among hockey analysts because the ones who represent a sizeable portion of the voice are former goons themseleves? I’m not saying that hockey broadcasting would immediately gain more respect if the panels consisted of Gretzky and Lemieux, but when you have someone like Brad May getting a platform to discuss the Pacioretty hit when he himself was suspended for 20 games for his face slash to Steve Heinze in Nov/2000 it kind of makes on wonder about the game.

Former goons analyzing head shots. Its no wonder there isn’t more support…

8. Ayan_SB says:

I wonder how many Bruins fans dismissed Joe Thornton as a choker after his comments regarding Chara and noticed the irony of it.

9. PrimeTime says:

All Chara had to do was make a public apology but instead he took the “it wasn’t my fault” approach and try to skwirm away. The reason he did not take any responsibility afterwards is because he knew what waht he did in the heat of moment but did not owm up to it. Has he contacted Max yet to apologize? How has Chara’s play been since……playing like a guilty man?? How about the team?? The crime and lie will always follow you around until you admit to the act. Only then can you move on.

10. LA Loyalist says:

You guys are going to die: USA Hockey March 2011, re moving the beginning of legal checking to “Bantam” because “the American Development Model” “…were concerned about a lack of individual skills at the Peewee level, as players seemed to focus too much onon either checking or looking to avoid a check by not playing with the puck.”

There is a “body-checking sub-committee” which includes “esteemed hockey coaches and administrators” — and MIKE MILBURY* and Al MacInnis.

“They are also promoting a coaching curriculum which teaching skills such as angling and body positioning that would give all plyaers a better foundation when body checking is introduced.”

In brief, the headspace that it’s the “players fault” is highly systemic and imbedded in the U.S. hockey culture.

Guys? en Quebec? Whazzup?

*Milbury is an idiot, IMO, but I do give him credit for not turtling in his fight with Larry Robinson.

11. HabsFanInTampa says:

R.I.P Richard Martin. one/third of the “French Connection” of the 70′s.

12. Komihater says:

Safest place? hmm South Africa!

Just keep an eye on the jetstream, in the event of full meltdown i would not take any chances and head east. Apparently the third reactor is the Chara of them all.

13. LA Loyalist says:

I  haven’t watched Cherry in years, but I specifically watched the last one to know what he would say.

keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, as the saying goes.

14. habs365 says:

if he was saying it on behalf of Hockey Night in Canada….I would start listening to him again….he’s saying it on behalf of Don Cherry….all Im saying if you listen to Don Cherry that’s your decision I’m sure people on this site don’t have a problem with that….but don’t come on here complaining about what he said….people is getting sick of it…….

15. Former Jets Fan says:

The Rangers goal differential explained :

3(!) 7-0 shutouts and one more at 6-0 = 27 goals

16. Psycho29 says:

Not sure if it was mentioned elsewhere here but PJ Stock is no longer part of the morning team on the CHOM webpage….And his name isn’t mentioned anywhere else…

I haven’t checked it out myself, that website is blocked at my work.

17. Habnofear says:

When Buffalo played an exhibition against Moscow Dynamo the coach”THEIR  NATIONAL COACH” was blown away with Martins play and called him the best he’s ever seen. RIP….

18. observer says:

pj stock moved to cbc a few months ago

19. habsonly says:

I wonder what will be accomplished during the 3 day meeting in Florida. Will the NHL and the GMs work out a solution to the inconsistent dealings with head shots and goonery or will they just work on their golf swing and tans.

Not sure if anyone has seen this yet but apparently the NHL brain trust has drafted a flow chart for handing out suspensions. See link

20. LED_Bulbs says:

I had not thought of that point. There does seem to be a preponderance of goons giving the commentary.

baloney sharkskin sandwich

21. observer says:

was one of the big 3 of those great junior canadiens teams here in the oha when junior hockey was huge here. that team had the biggest crowd ever in the forum to date more than te habs and on a couple of sunday nights. martin, perrault and rejean houle used to fill the net.

22. ZepFan2 says:

Uh-huh…

“Termed the world’s best all-around player by Soviet national team coach Viktor Tikhonov, Bob Gainey brought many elements to the Montreal Canadiens during his 16-year NHL career.”

Just sayin’.

———————————————————————— “Young people have seen that a team can play electrifying, fascinating hockey while still behaving like gentlemen.” ~Serge Savard~

23. Psycho29 says:

He was part of the Morning Show ” Bad Pete, Chantal and PJ” on CHOM through this past Friday. He lives out in St.Lazare and was making the weekly trek to Toronto for HNIC

24. Curtis O Habs says:

… and he will.

25. thebigguy says:

Completely for this. I stopped playing hockey in a league around the time people started hitting puberty, maybe 12 or 13. Hitting wasn’t allowed yet but I was getting my ass kicked just from the accidental contact. It didn’t help that I was born at the end of the year so I was playing with kids a grade ahead of me and I was small for my age. I basically alternated between being average size and tiny depending on the year.

That and a couple cheap shots about being one of the few Anglo kids playing pretty much did it.

Oh, and I wasn’t very good.

26. Trenton_Romulox says:

I have heard that Chara tried to contact Pacioretty. I’m assuming it was to express concern, if not a full-blown apology. I don’t know what ended up coming of his attempt. In regards to Chara’s play of late? He’s been playing really well. I don’t regret dropping him from my fantasy team and keeping Pacioretty on the roster one bit though, Chara can go to hell.

27. Jordio-oh says:

Unfortunately for me, I’ve only been subject to the crew at the Fan590. I watch all my games on TV, so i have never heard a single Habs game broadcast over the radio (am I aging myself here?).

The Kypreos and Doug MacLean and Fan590 issue is similar to Don Cherry. I get frustrated when i listen, but in some regard, thats the point of listening; to spark debate and thought.

On days when i don’t feel like getting riled up or provoked in thought, i avoid that station on my lunch hour. If I have some energy to spare, Il’l listen and spend the afternoon debating the points with my friends.

28. naweed235 says:

sooner the better…

29. Max_a_million says:

Your right that they should make the change, it seems like pennies on the dollar when you are paying many of these players over 5 million per season.

I thought there were better alternative in astroturf than what they had at the time … hmmm I could be wrong, but I was of the mind they were ignoring the problem.

Exactly, i had written almost the exact same post myself awhile ago here.  Guys like Kypreos can’t complain about this style of hockey, they don’t want it gone, for fear that they’re useless careers are no longer validated.  You look at arguable our greatest two physical players in Ferguson and Nilan, and these guys not only were tough, but played important roles and regular shifts on our teams that won Cups.

Is beyond me why 90% of NHL former players doing play by play etc… are goons or below average goalies.  No stars.  Of course we are enlightened daily by that All – Star former Assistant Coach Pierre Mcguire.   Just can’t figure out why he can’t get another gig, he did such a good job opening the gate for Mario those years back in Pitt.

31. rocketsglare says:

Possibly more bad news on the eve of a crucial home game. Cammalleri will be day to day with the flu but I bet he plays

tommorrow. Cammalleri understands the importance of Tuesday’s game against the Caps.

32. jimmy shaker says:

Didn’t have the technology back then, so what the big O had, was, what was state of the art back then.  Three Rivers  stadium in pittsburgh was the same way as well as where the eagles played football.  Those turfs had a number of players careers shortened substantially.  But as far as today’s NHL goes, there should be no excuse as to what the safest materials used should be.  The league should probably have something like this in place already, but what are we going to expect from these bunch of jabroni’s anyways?

Shaker

We;ll see tomorrow. I think they are not as superb defensively as you think…

34. HalifaxHabs says:

my point = you missed it

and you said “people is getting sick of it”…

and, people can come on here to complaim any hockey topic related to the Habs they want… and what that bonehead has to say on national TV about the Habs counts as “related to the Habs”.

I think Max got a phone call, but all he heard was grunts and groans, so he hung up.  Who would have thought it was Chara apologizing.

36. Jordio-oh says:

I respect your frustrations with people complaining about Don Cherry on this form especially since you take measures to avoid catching wind of Don’s thoughts. Unfortunately, your attempts will be futile as people will always want to talk about whatever they want. An inevitable outcome of public measure boards.

There are some who will be frusrated by your complaining about others complaining and so forth. It happens daily. Solutions are slim because venting feels good, for most, and thus they will never stop. The purpose of these message boards for most is to just get it out there into the world and perhaps alleviate their own stressed out minds, similar to tweeting and blogging.

37. Max_a_million says:

I can’t stand him, but I just don’t bother changing it.

It is good to see what the goonarians are saying anyhow.  Notice the week before he showed Gillies hit from an angle that highlighted his position, when the front angle definitely showed the head blow.

38. shiram says:

The morning cast was on vacation last week iirc.

But PJ was not there this morning…

39. Max_a_million says:

The other teams have plexiglass yes, which is much more foregiving.

Not sure why they didn’t change it yet.  To be fair he hasn’t owned the team outright for long, and I am sure it wasn’t the number one priority.

Why didn’t the Expos buy better astroturf to protect their best assets like Andre Dawson?

40. Max_a_million says:

Yes, I am all for this.  My son is a peewee in the states, and he is just the right height to have his brain scrambled way too much.  Kids who check become obsessed with it, and it’s rough.  Unfortunately at the pewee age some have developped young and are or are at least approaching man size, while others who develop later are little boy size.  No need for checking in Peewee.  When we play Quebec Peewee teams they do not check, and we are not allowed to check them.

Very progressive, and I am in favor.

41. dudurules says:

any update on max patches o’houlihan?

42. observer says:

PJ Stock scored 5 goals in his NHL career. That is 5 more than the legend in his own mind Don Cherry scored in his entire NHL career.

43. jimmy shaker says:

someone give me the 411 on who are the only teams left in the league with the seamless glass.  The habs and five others employ this glass in their buildings, where as the other 24 teams have the stanchioned glass.  What is the difference?  Is one a plexiglass system vs a glass system or what?  And if the seamless glass is a potential injury waiting to happen, why hasn’t the molson bros.  changed it?

Shaker

44. observer says:

i thought you meant team 990. they still use that name at times on air ?

45. HalifaxHabs says:

LOL… very nice

you would make a great politician or PR person

46. ClaytonM says:

Yeah, it’s called grass in a downtown stadium, not in that toilet bowl in the East end. Oh well.

Ken Dryden For NHL Commissioner

47. Malreg says:

THANK GOD!!! Now I can listen to CHOM again in the morning…

48. TorontoHabsFan says:

According to Lebrun on the Hot Stove, Montreal had planned to change the glass in the off-season even before Cherry decided to scream Red Herring at the top of his lungs.

I’ve also never seen any evidence that Montreal’s glass has caused any more injuries than other rinks.

49. The Cat says:

Calgary, Montreal, Minnesota, Nashville, Colorado and Phoenix

50. habs001 says:

if the east finished the following way i think this would be good for the habs

phil,wash,mont,pitts,bost,tampa,rangers,sabres

if the top 2 teams advance we play wash second round…if one of them advance we play bost/pitts winner and if both get beaten  we play sabres..

51. ClaytonM says:

Maybe some people thought he’d redeem his image and stick up for Pacioretty, but I guess most suspected he’d spout the usual. That’s the funny thing about life – some people just have to pick at their scabs even if it’s bad for them.

Ken Dryden For NHL Commissioner

Total Goals and Assists for Kypreos, Cherry, P.J Stock and Mike Milbury in Reg. NHL Season

100 Goals 254 Assists

Total Goals and Assists for Joe Thornton Reg. NHL Season

301 Goals 686 Assists

I think I will go with Joe’s thoughts on the NHL over Moe, Curly, Larry and Shemp.

53. solomio says:

Didn’t like him and he always sounded like he didn’t know what he was talking about which was prolly true.

54. JF says:

I’m starting to think Washington might be tougher than Philly.  The Caps are playing superb defensive hockey, they’re better balanced than they were last year, and they seem to have found the goaltending, though it’s still early days for Holtby.  The Flyers are showing a few cracks lately, and I don’t understand why they didn’t bolster their goaltending at the deadline.  Also, if we were to face the Caps again, their motivation level would be through the roof, whereas the Flyers might make the mistake of taking us lightly in view of recent history.

check my response to your earlier statement of that.  Cherry played in 1 game in NHL in his career, in the playoffs against Mtl.  No goal, No assist.

Another reason he hates the habs, in his only callup he sucked, agains the Habs.  Probably blames the habs for not letting him do anything productive on ice.

56. andrewberkshire says:

Funny thing is, Montreal has EIGHT more real wins than the Rangers. The teams aren’t really even close.

57. observer says:

BUT of those 354 points Cherry has only 6 of them and all assists.

58. observer says:

correction – ckgm i  mean they still use those call letters once in a while not chom which was the same companys fm station

59. Psycho29 says:

He had left the Team-900 for Chom a while back…

60. Mrhab24 says:

HAHAHA nice!

…I’m on a horse!

61. fbkj says:

couldnt listen to the wizz interview…

62. OneTimer says:

Like any comic, Bugs can be hit and miss. Sorry big guy!

63. Jordio-oh says:

I listen to Nick Kypreos on the Fan590 almost every day for Hockey Central at noon here in Toronto and so I know his modus operandi very well. He acknowledges (as he should do) all of the talented players he used to play with (Messier, Kovalev, Leetch) but he still talks and acts with this false sense of importance because he used to play the game and was a fighter and that is a very crucial role, to him. The glorification of the role of goons and pests by former goons and pests who are now analysts is so unbelievable for me. Everytime I hear ” the way the game used to be ” and “you wouldn’t know, you never played the game”  i cringe.

The most important issues in the league right now are being analysed and relayed back to the public by some of the very people who were the cause of these same issues 15 years ago.

Milbury climbed into the stands a beat a guy with his own shoe yet he gets a national platform to address violence in hockey????

Its baffling.

What do i want to hear on a thursday night sessions of ‘That’s Hockey’? Do i want to listen to Barnaby talk about all the fights he got into and dirty things he shouted at players?

I’d rather them bring do a segment with Joe Sakic on the finer points of an off-wing wrist shot. But i guess the players who did it all right and played the game the way it should have been played are now happily retired and all the goon squadders who didn’t get the lime light they sought in the NHL as a fighter now get it by being an ‘analyst’.

64. Bugs says:

Alaska would be first hit IF the clouds decided to travel 4000 miles east (or whatever).

Either way, it would take weeks; you’re good.

65. ProHabs says:

There was no way he was going to admit guilty because nobody knows yet how badly Patches is hurt. If he doesn’t resume his career, and Chara admits guilty, he would be sued for millions. So Chara played dumb, even thought we all know he did it on purpose.

When in doubt, Get out!

67. Maksimir says:

Yeah – how is Patches these days?

68. habs365 says:

cherry loves people that complain…that’s how he keeps his job it helps boost the ratings for Hockey Night in Canada…if he tunes into this sight….he’s rubbing his hands right now….don’t stop complaining gang, I’ll have this job for ever….make sure you continue to keep his job for him……

69. PrimeTime says:

If he doesn’t admit to his guilt publicly or to Max and his own teamates I hope the guilt haunts him. If he doesn’t feel guilt than he will go to hell.

70. Komihater says:

Sorry to go off topic here….but im frantically searching for answers…..and all the media are backpeddling.

Are there any west coast habs fans that are planning to evacuate the area in light of possible radiation clouds heading east with the jetstream? I’m concerned for family i have out there.

Apparemtly they have confirmed a third explosion.

The USS Reagan which was 100 miles out to sea, has gone through a radiation cloud.

But there is no panic in the mainstream, i don’t know what to think.

“Those who would give up there liberty’s for so called security’s deserve neither and shall receive none” TJ

71. HabsFansince49 says:

This sure isn’t a good year for Cammy, may be out again with the ‘flu.

I don’t pretend to be an expert; just a die-hard Habs fan passing my opinion

72. ProHabs says:

So Buttman has introduced a 5 step plan of attack to deal with the concussion issue in the NHL. Unfortunately, it won’t do any good as nowhere on this plan of attack is the firing of Colon Campbell and Mike Murphy.

I’m surprised he didn’t decide to form a committtee of current players, headed by Zhedo Chara, to reommend solutions to the problem.

73. Everlasting1 says:

For anyone interested on the latest in Japan’s nuclear plant explosions – sans cover-up. Fukushima - couldn’t make up the name if I tried :-)

Elohim:”Let us make an Adam in our image and after our likeness.” – Genesis 1:26

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Figures you’d be into Alex Jones.

OMG. Boston is playing Toronto on Saturday. I wonder how Don Cherry is going to react.

76. fbkj says:

they are descent for reds and always in enemy territory

77. fbkj says:

considering hes 5’10

seriously lol

not for Jennifer… imagine the abuse if he did not perform according to expectations (realistic or otherwise)?

79. fbkj says:

well congrats thats really cool

mebbe if he joins the big club when they play in montreal, if ya score tickets off of him, youll end up in my section :P

80. jennifer1984 says:

this is true!
    however, the hishon clan is PRETTY big! might take awhile.

don’t you have some pretty rad seats yourself?

81. jennifer1984 says:

haha it’s true he is short.

most of the Hishon’s are. his dad and his uncles are all short (except my uncle gerry) and all the children of the brothers are short too (one exception)

I remember growing up (and still) my cousin Kerry (closest to her) was always jealous that I was taller (Im a Flood and not a Hishon)
    She’s a year younger than me and I was always about 4 inches taller. Im 5’10, she’s still sitting at 5’5 I think

Organic is nothing more than a ploy to get your bucks. Mostly people do not even know what they are getting.

You should know Mr. Farmer Fred.

84. Komihater says:

Those are all good points. However, when companies like Monsanto that are close to controlling the entire industry explain that we as “consumers” dont have the right to know whats GMO and what isn’t, there really is nothing we can do but “try” and eat healtheir/organic type foods.

85. shiram says:

Organic food is mostly a marketing and selling point, you are not getting more vitamins/nutrients by eating organics. I never bought into it before, and am not going to now.

There was a great show about organic foods on Penn and Teller’s Bullsh*t.

86. Aybara says:

So I thought this was interesting and looked it up. Under the Canadian gov’s rules for Organic agriculture, the majority of pest repellents are not allowed to touch either the plants or the soil around them.

Neither of those two oganic poisons you mentioned are listed in the allowed pest repellents.

Furthermore, even the permitted substances are a last resort case. First, methods such as removal of pest habitat and environmental management are meant to be used before pesticides.

What gives? Could you explain further?

Organic substances list: http://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/cgsb/on_the_net/organic/032_0311_2006-e_Amended%20Oct%202008%20and%20Dec%202009.pdf

Organic principles: http://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/cgsb/on_the_net/organic/032_0310_2006-e_Amended%20Oct%202008-dec%2009%28Internet%20version%29.pdf

87. Propwash says:

Awesome! Would be kinda cool if he eventually became a Hab.

88. SLYDER says:

this is cute – im dating one of his cousins :)

89. jennifer1984 says:

i know this isnt Habs news but I’m excited.

wanted to share my congrats with cousin Joey Hishon on signing his first NHL contract with the Avs today!!!! so proud of him! so excited!

90. lemess says:

Thanks 24 – we will  check it out tomorrow

91. RGM says:

Many thanks.

92. BoomBoom says:

RGM..great post

Oh yah when CBC decided they would pay for CHerry promoting COld FX at Heritage Classic wearing that cowboy hat with COLD FX plastered all over it.  Not that Cherry gets his way at CBC……

94. Bogie Man says:

I predict the following losses out of the remaining games:

Caps, rangers, boston, atlanta, chicago and Toronto

I predict the following wins:

Tampa Bay, Predators, Buffalo, Washington (3/26), Carolina, NJ and Ottawa

One of the 6 losses will go to overtime for one point totaling an additonal 15 points and finishing with 98 points for 5th in the the conference and will play Pitsburgh first round.

Note: Alot of guess work involved in the above predictions for fun.

95. naweed235 says:

hey flks… not that it means much but just for fun I decided to see how many points I think the Habs and the bruins will pick up in the remaining games to see if we can get that division title… according to my calculations montreal will get 16 more points and Boston 18… which would mean that will miss it by 4 points… hope im wrong tho cause we all know what Home ice advantage it for our Habs… Cruious to see what numbers you guys would come up with…

96. 24moreCups says:

That’s a link about the guy who started this rally, I think it should give you some more information.

97. lemess says:

Hey fellow HIO’ers – wife and I are in Montreal as we speak (first game in 15 years) – can anyone tell me about the rally that was mentioned on OTR – I have not heard anything about it – Thanks

Cherry only played 1 game in his NHL Career, playoffs against Montreal, no goals no assists.

I believe Charlie Sheen would eloquently call Cherry a TROLL.

99. observer says:

Cherry does not like Pacioretty because the rookie already had more points than Cherry did in his entire NHL career – combined. Cherry has ZERO goals scored and SIX assists for his entire NHL career.

100. observer says:

MM? Matt Millen is the worst GM ever in NFL history  and Mike Millbury is the worst GM ever in NHL history. But when finally deservedly fired wach one IMMEDIATELY gets SEVERAL DIFFERENT networks to pick him up and use him. Millen -ESPN, NFLN and NBC. Milbury VER, NBC, CBC and I think still NESN. Lot of announcers/commentors out there in both these sports how do they have that much pull to get 3 of those jobs as soon as they are out of work?

101. BoomBoom says:

Cheery showed a total lack of respect for MaxPac not as an NHL player (whom Cherry claims to stand up for) but as a human who suffered a severe injury..he also made light of the injury calling it a headache. I can’t believe this guy is for real..our tax dollar going to waste..Cherry is a loser, who never won anything and still holds a grudge against the Habs. MacLean is his b*tch!

Sportsnet is awful, the worst announcers on air (Gaillard, Pumounllundo,Broadfoot, MacLean, Kypryos, they are allsh*t)..TSN/CTV combination would not be bad, as long as Milbury is not involved.

PJ Stock irrelevant and who cares…marginal NHLer at best who gets too much tv time and radio time. Less PJ Stock is a good thing.

102. Danno says:

Maybe they will if enough of us ask them to.

THE TEAM 990 (CKGM-AM)

1310 Greene Avenue, Suite 300
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    H3Z 2B5

Studio: (514)790-0990 or 1-866 896-2546

Phone: (514) 931-4487
    Fax: (514) 931-4079

Office hours / Prize pickups: Monday – Thursday; 9am – 4:30pm;  Fridays 9am-1pm

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

103. Danno says:

Cold FX has Don Cherry hired Don Cherry to promote their product. Just so you know.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

104. danbin says:

Cammy needs to take some Cold FX, ffs.  Isn’t this the second time he’s been out with the flu this season?

105. Fred D says:
    • Far too many people “think” that organic is automatically safer. If you eat organic pesticide you will be no further ahead than if you ate inorganics pesticide.
    •  Organics are usually sprayed more often than conventional fruits and vegetables because the chemical used doesn’t do the job, but it’s organic.
    • The fuel pollution for the extra sprays is much greater.

Example: Look up the organic poison-Rotenone. Also, try smelling organic liquid lime sulphur-terrible.

“Organic” is an overused word.

106. HugeHabsFan says:

lol! I love my Cammy, but I was just complaining of the same! *sigh*  Hope he is good to go tomorrow night??

………..

“Thank you Cammy for making my day even more amazing!”

I STILL BELIEVE. I WILL ALWAYS BELIEVE.

Cammalleri: “I almost feel bad for a guy who plays an NHL career without experiencing what it’s like to be a Montreal Canadien”.

107. Say Ash says:

lol

This guy eats all organic food and keeps getting sick!

108. kevin m says:

I’ll say it again

2nd dumbest rule in hockey: Delay of game for shooting the puck over the glass… intentional or not

Dumbest rule in hockey: Blind side shots to the head (a 180 degree solution to a 360 degree problem)

I call it half assed.

109. Danno says:

I heard Tamiflu is good for the Cammy flu

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

110. fbkj says:

lol your such a goof :)

111. RGM says:

He knows full well Max Pacioretty’s name. There’s an article on the Globe and Mail website that was linked here Sunday morning about Cherry “ripping” on Geoff Molson. Somehow my post in the comments section got to be the second-most-popular one there, simply for stating:

Your article omits that Cherry feigned ignorance and asked his sidekick what the name of the player was that got injured. Right then and there, I knew that he didn’t care about Max Pacioretty. He does this all the time. He pretends to not know the names of European players and thus mangles them. People buy it as being some folksy thing, but the reality is that it’s a sign of his utter disrespect for these players. He demonstrated that he has no respect for Max Pacioretty, and that’s fine, because most rational people have very little respect for Cherry. It’s well past time for him to be replaced with a progressive voice that will speak up for the players.

I look forward to the day that CTV takes over the broadcast rights to hockey on Saturday nights. I can only hope they use the wide and deep talent pool already on TSN.

112. avatar_58 says:

I told myself not to watch Cherry, I knew I wasn’t going to like it. “whats his name again?”

Are you kidding me? The guy has been the only thing in the sports news since it happened. It’s not even just sports news either, which harper, ignatieff, air canada, via rail, the police, etc etc etc the list goes on.

Yet Don didn’t even bother to remember Max’s name. Yet if I asked him who the leading Marlie goal scorer is, he’d know. If I asked who won the most faceoffs for the leafs, he’d know. The latest horific concussion victim at the hands of a bruin? Who’s that again?

He’s irrelevant anyway, but allowing him national air time is BS

113. HalifaxHabs says:

Not that TSN is any better, but guys like Cherry & Milbury make me look forward to the day CBC loses hockey all together, and it’s all on TSN & Sportsnet.

When all your main personalities are that blatently bias, you don’t deserve to keep your broadcast rights.

Reminds me of a line from My Cousing Vinny

“… except that the store got the flu. Hit that? The whole store has got the flu.”

115. longtimehabsfan says:

Ric Martin dead at 59.  One of the greats.  Member of the famed French Connection line along with Gil Perreault and Rene Robert.

Martin was involved in one of the scariest moments in NHL history which was one of the catalysts for the mandatory helmet rule.  In a game in the late 70s he landed on the back of his head and layed motionless for minutes.

116. habsfan_61 says:

first, get well mr. farber love to read your stuff.

second, cherry is just another puppet. he cant stand anything mtl. since his teams were/still our bi&&&ches.

getting sick of this blaming the arena for what happened last week.

i dont think anything will come out of the gm’s meeting this week.

would love to see the laffs by the last game be on the bubble of the playoffs and we beat them that april evening at the acc. in order to eliminate them and have them cry.

117. Captain aHab says:

Funny thing on Marinaro as he had been dissing Cherry all morning and one of his callers asked him why he had the Cherry spot on his show if he hated him so much…..seemed uncomfortable for a bit there ;-D

118. shuttle-lemaire-lafleur says:

I  am a daily listener of Tony’s show &  I mute that sumbitch of a segment everyday..haven’t the time for that moronic imbecile..wish 990 would ban it completely.

119. wd40 says:

it’ll be nice to get Darche back for the playoffs

120. Everlasting1 says:

I’ve never seen AJ t-shirts and trinkets. He’s got a cause. Stern has stds, and makes a sh!tload more $$

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

121. fbkj says:

he makes actual whistleblowers look bad

see michael rupert

122. fbkj says:

copy paste from a sh[t adaptation of an otherwise great graphic novel no less

I guess I am the one who eventually blows up parliament too.

124. fbkj says:

has he now

because hes a long island jew

im a montreal island franco

we have little in common plus i disagree with him a lot

being said

alex jones sells tshirts, mousepads and coffee mugs

stern doesnt

Yeah. Dummygod. You are a character in a movie. I am so impressed. A least you’ve learned to copy and paste.

126. Everlasting1 says:

Let Howard finish it for you..he’s done your research.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

127. Everlasting1 says:

Do I look like your tutor? Do your own damn research. I have all the evidence I need. I’m sure you think you have yours.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

128. Everlasting1 says:

What happened to you (vacuous) calling me ‘vapid’?

V: Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose so let me simply add that it’s my very good honor to meet you, and you may call me V.

HH: Are you like a crazy person?

V: I’m quite sure they will say so.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

129. Everlasting1 says:

I never claimed AJ is a messiah who’s never wrong. He’s just more truthful and accurate than mass media. No more no less.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

130. fbkj says:

alright cool not gonna judge you here

however

HUGE however

i beleive in aliens too but…

do i have to finnish this sentence?

You can believe what you want. When you get some evidence come back to me. In the meantime I’ll accept the evidence of the fossil record that says we evolved from the animal kingdom.

You are so flaky it’s not even funny.

You should read Stanislav Lem. I love the short story about how mankind started from some aliens dumping garbage on the planet and accidentally sneezing in it.

132. Everlasting1 says:

I never asked for your response.

How about doing a search before inserting foot in mouth? ‘Elohim’ is plural for ‘gods’, and as I’ve stated many times, I believe these so-called gods were alien entities. You can believe what you will, makes no diff to me.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

133. fbkj says:

“If I was a wavelength you’d be a rubber band twanging.”

OMG IM LAUGHING SO HARD

Glad you like. I just made that up off the top of my head.

135. fbkj says:

what about howard stern?

find me any official stern merchandise and i will give you $1000 dollars immediately

as for alex jones

hes right about a lot of things, but hes more often wrong

Are you an idiot or so just like provoking people? WTF is your Elohim qoute about? Aren’t you the douchebag who was crying up and down about how trading away Halak and keeping Price was going to be the end of the Habs? Everybody knows you’re demigod, or were.

If I was a wavelength you’d be a rubber band twanging.

137. Everlasting1 says:

You are frightfully trying at times, HH. I never claimed God created man. You and I are not on the same wavelength, perhaps it’s time for you to tune out.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Say something that has meaning. You bandy words about giving off airs but it’s emptiness without substance. And you have the audacity to call me vacuous. You are most vapid poster here.

139. Everlasting1 says:

We’re not talking ideas. Your truth is what resonates with you –  the basis of beliefs.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

It’s not my fault you have a limited grasp on things. It comes with having a low IQ. BTW. Man created God in His image. Not the other way around.

ALso, if you read below you’d see that you speak about your tendancy not mine.

141. Everlasting1 says:

Coming from one who worships Howard Stern..

AJ’s turned down big $ contracts from major networks but didn’t want to compromise himself and his work. Sure he can come off as an alarmist, but for good reason! You can’t fault him for his conviction and integrity.

”We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

142. Everlasting1 says:

Faith? Lunatic? Fringe? Your terms don’t resonate with me. You’re de-evolving to a 1-dimensional vacuous being.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

It’s not what you say it’s how you say it. I can’t listen to that dude for more than 3 words.

I am totally into the upstream media. I also look at both sides and aim for synthesis of ideas. I see many ideas within both the left and the right, the religious and atheist that compel me. It’s when either extreme speaks or one side claims to have a monopoly on the truth that I tune out.

144. fbkj says:

alex jones has his moments but hes also a fricking opportunist, hes always anti establishment, its how he makes his bank

i do like his attitude about certain things

i loathe the way he latches onto horsesh[t at the same time

So you put your faith in the lunatic fringe?

146. Everlasting1 says:

I just don’t trust mainstream media.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

F*ck that sh*t. E1 isn’t just some crap from Eklund.

148. SLYDER says:

Did that discussion below just happen on a hockey blog?

…could’ve sworn i didn’t hear a reccess bell, kids…

149. SPATS says:

Further to the discussion below, check out a local Montreal boys website if you want some unvarnished truth in world affairs reporting…

Also check this out, Bruin fans who wish MaxPac a speedy recovery…9 pages of decency

OOH AAH – HABS ON THE WARPATH!

150. HalifaxHabs says:

oh no, we could really use Cammy tomorrow night. Get that man some drugs(the legal kind).

151. CanadienFanTrappedinNiagaraFallsNY says: