Cammy out with the flu

AUDIO: Brian Gionta | Hal Gill | Carey Price | James Wisniewski (with background vocals by P.K. Subban) | Jacques Martin

Michael Cammalleri missed the Canadiens’ practice today with the flu.

Mathieu Darche skated on his own for the third consecutive day while Brett Sopel also worked on his own but wasn’t  using his injured left hand.

1. Everlasting1 says:

If you don’t mind me asking..what’s a ‘full blown apology’?

Elohim:”Let us make an Adam in our image and after our likeness.” – Genesis 1:26

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

2. TheDagger says:

Looks like they should have more wins judging by that stat, they have 6 wins where they have outscored their opponents 42-4. Those games kind of skew their GD quite a bit, and makes them look not so good in their games that aren’t blow outs.

3. puck face says:

during his radio segment two days ago he called parents who pull their kids from hockey for a couple of games during xmas break ” selfish rats ” he repeated and even yelled it a couple of times. i was listening to it as i drove down a street with the hugest potholes i’ve ever seen , the two combined made for a surreal experience.

4. HalifaxHabs says:

Jordio is right, I hate Cherry, but I watched it off youtube, because I wanted to see what he had to say on behalf of Hockey Night in Canada…

5. ProHabs says:

It is weird but here is an odd stat regarding the Rangers:

Their goal differencial is Plus 27 (GF 198, GA 171). It is almost the exact same Goal Differencial that Washington and Pittsburgh have and better than San Jose. You would think with a Goal Differencial like that, that the Rangers would have a better record.

6. Malreg says:

The reason why there are no former stars of hall of famers doing commentary or working as analysts is simply because they don’t need to.  They made enough money during their career, and if they wanted to get involved in hockey again, it’s almost always in a “adviser” role and into management.

All of the analysts that are former players are either doing it for the money, or can’t get a real job in the league, so they have no other choice.

7. Malreg says:

Wasn’t it only aircraft that were helping out with relief efforts returning to the Ronald Reagan that had any contamination?

8. TorontoHabsFan says:

Excellent point, one that we should remember whenever listening to these guys.

(that being said, I generally try to ignore what they say anyways, not a single one of them has any interest in fostering a reputation for trenchant analysis – they’re only interested in filling 10 minute chunks of airtime, they rely on the hoariest of cliches to get them through.)

9. Habsrule1 says:

Not sure if you saw this yet:

Go Habs Go!! “Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.” – Sam Pollock

10. JIMVINNY says:

Buttman’s new concussion 5 step program will do a better job of recognizing concussions, and preventing players from trying to play through them, but it does nothing to address the biggest issue of all, which is preventing the concussions in the first place.

Way to go, Gary.  So when Sidney Crosby takes another illegal headshot that goes un-suspended, your new system will be able to prevent him from going back out there.  That’s great.

11. LA Loyalist says:

I think New Jersey is going to do it… I know the math is bad, but it’s been bad for a month and they don’t seem to care…

I think New Jersey > Philly :) all bets are off the way they are playing.

And while caps have issues, Ovechkin is waking up… should be fun.

Of course we want the B’s.

12. LA Loyalist says:

Did you guys enjoy Murray Wilson (retired) on CJAD game broadcasts? I really liked his dry style, and he would only mention his team mates or coaches if he was making a specific point.

Just wondering, he really cracked me up.

13. Jordio-oh says:

“you must like cherry or you wouldn’t listen to him… “  -  false

Some people tuned in, despite not liking him, to hear what he had to say anyway. Perhaps to see just what kind of ridiculous language would fall out of his mouth. I don’t like him, but I’m curious if the segment i’m watching will be the one when he totally and completely collapses and goes off the deep end.

14. GrimJim says:

Sorry but nothing more specific than “cancer” so far.

15. Habfan4lfe says:

LOL! Love it. @ Flowchart /Top Secret/

16. habs365 says:

you must like cherry or you wouldn’t listen to him… I found an easy way not to listen to him….a thing called remote….press a number and it takes you to another channel….when you get a chance practise it..it’s amazing how easy it is……

17. Habnofear says:

FFS’s,thanks for the warning komihater and please keep us informed. My family and I are on Vancouver Island and are part of what is called the Japanese current. My question is where would a person go???

18. Ayan_SB says:

It’s been mentiond before, but I’ll say it again: TSN’s weekly rankings are all based on stats. It’s pretty much meant for people who play fantasy hockey. And why did the Habs slip from 10th to 11th? Cause they lost Pacioretty.

19. Bugs says:

So I’m chillin on CNN when I read that the Japanese government is pulling Eastwood’s “Hereafter” outta theatres on account of the sensitive subject matter in these troubles times. Respectful, solemn, no problem there.

I got a question though: WHO exactly is going to the cinema at the moment?

“Well, honey, our house is gone, the building where we work is gone, we got no food, no water, no money, no clothes and no news from anyone we know. Uhh…grab a movie?”

20. Danno says:

After hearing about the NHL’s position on concussions, I need to find a quiet place.

A Florida Panthers home game.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

21. Habfan29 says:

The Toronto Sports Network’s Power rankings have the Habs at 11th and the Rangers at 9th, because they are 3-1 in last 4 and we are 6of7. Who is the twit that does this, the Habs have a game in hand and are 7 points ahead of the Rangers…go figure…

22. LA Loyalist says:

… that’s why I’m feeling nauseus. I thought it was the Gary Bettman effect.

There’s no reference in LA times so far or on local radio.

23. LA Loyalist says:

thanks!

24. adam76 says:

Anyone know what is wrong with Farber?

25. habs365 says:

I would like to introduce to steps that would completly get rid of concuccions

#-1. get rid of all the goons…they have very little talent anyway

#-2. anytime a team is suppose to have a day off from practice…have them report to a classroom for lessons on how to respect each other….show video on concussions,dirty hits, cheap shots, types of suspensions…concussions would be eliminated in one year.

26. LA Loyalist says:

I read this, and stopped. I didn’t want to punch my computer:

(TSN)  ”the NHL… …concluded that there is no one single factor that contributes to concussions”.

I guess they didn’t connect “concussion” with “violent and sudden impact to the head.”

27. avatar_58 says:

Well he’s out of the hospital, maybe use the contact page on the habs website? They might be able to take it and pass it on

28. LA Loyalist says:

My son made a “get-well” card for Max Pacioretty — anyone know where to send a physical card? thanks!

29. CBrady12 says:

makes sense, fire Cherry and Bettman and all of aa sudden concussions will dissapear from hockey!

30. Former Jets Fan says:

6.  Contract 2 teams, thereby ridding the league of the worst 40 players.

31. longtimehabsfan says:

That is alarming.

32. G-Man says:

Prevailing winds and concentration of contamination is not determined yet. However, always err on the side of caution when it comes to radioactive contamination. Governments and their agencies are forever lying about it.