Cammy on trip but doesn’t practice

Michael Cammalleri accompanied the team to Washington today but he’s not ready to resume playing. The team said that he was in Washington so that the team’s medical staff could monitor his progress as he recovers from a separated shoulder. It’s possible he will skate on his own tomorrow morning.

Carey Price took the day off to recover from the rigors of his All-Star game performance.

Lines at this afternoon’s practice:

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gionta |  Kostitsyn-Gomez-Eller | Pouliot-Desharnais-Darche | Moen-Halpern-Pyatt

AUDIO: Jacques Martin | Mike Cammalleri | P.K. Subban | Tomas Plekanec | Max Pacioretty

1. xiaoqinssddd says:

( )

We can supply series of Sport Jersey.

The detail is as follow.:

Product features:

Heavyweight Mesh Body

Printed Name Plate

Dazzle Side Slits

Drop Tail

Authentic Embroidered NFL Equipment Logo on Neck

Screen Print Numbers on Front, Back & Sleeves or Shoulders

100% Nylon

Sell Details:

2. RiverviewCanadien says:

Plekanec gets a pass? A passing grade for being awesome I hope!

Cammalleri seems to be getting a pass. Brought in to score goals, and where are they?

You don’t want to know what position this team would be in without Plekanec MAKING so many other players on this roster better.

3. fbkj says:

remember the one year, forget which one but one that fits within said window of wtferry, where we had NO representation at the all star game, because koivu was injured… as in… after koivu thats it folks…

and people still hate the guy

BG has brought nothing but dividends to this franchise i could give a fxck what man”im wrong about everything i post”apart types

4. zaq007 says:

Great Post!

5. shootdapuck says:

And a very cerebral guy! Interesting chat for sure!

“I only like to watch and takes notes” JM

6. SeriousFan09 says:

At present, I’ll be happy if the Canadiens draft a player who shows strong finish around the net, we have too few natural scorers in the system, especially ones with size.

Not tracking players that young just yet, most of my energy goes into who the Canadiens have on their current depth chart, as the draft approachs I’ll be keeping my eye on the rankings but guys that young, I’m not on them right now.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

7. habs365 says:

that’s too bad..the Habs or Laffs have enough cap to take him….

8. christophor says:

the difference is in goals for, then.

i don’t remember if it was you but it was argued earlier that the difference in TOI works in gomez’ favour.

anyways, i don’t hate the guy. of course, people are going overboard in attacking him but there are also people who can see no wrong in the guy no matter what. both extremes are out there

9. Mark C says:

Pleks’ line has been on the ice for more ES goals, 16 more I think, thus the better +/- figure.

10. Mark C says:

Pleks has 716:49 and Gomez has 710:26 of ES ice time on the year, is that really that big of a differance?

11. habs001 says:

maybe i am slow on this but gomez is minus 9 and plecks is plus 10 …that is a 19 difference…i dont think plecks has scored that many short handed goals

12. christophor says:

but also playing less time per game (TOI), which doesn’t look good for gomez.

using the TOI differential in defence of gomez here (ie. the post  i replied to earlier today) is just ridiculous.

13. kevin m says:

Tell it like it is

14. habs365 says:

I think we’re just hateful because our Habs won so many cups and can’t do it anymore..sad news..get use to it..because neither you or I or any Hab fan out there have any idea when they’ll win a cup again..if management keep on the path they’re on when it comes to drafting and rebuilding..if you’re over 40-yrs may not be here to see..the montreal canadiens win their 25th cup..sorry there’s a lot of teams out there building for a cup and they’re way ahead of us..fighting for 8th place every year pretty much says it all..

15. HabFanSince72 says:

Kaberle has only two goals this season, but he is 10th in the league in giveaways.

Plus,  he would slow down Webber’s development.

16. joeybarrie says:

Before BG 1 post season, 4 non playoff seasons…. BG brings us to 1st in the East. We make it past the first round twice and one of the times we didn’t we only lost to the Cup Champs. We did better than most of the teams in the astern Conf. But it wasn’t good enough. So we went out and brought in new players.

Gio, Gomez, Cammi and Gill being the biggest of the signings. We have huge injuries and still make the playoffs in a tight East league. We went to the Conf Finals despite losing our star player for most of the season. We beat the current (at the time) best team in the league, and the current (at the time) defending Cup champs.

We start the next season very very well. We lose our star players again, and then our most important stay at home D. We lose Cammi for 4-6 weeks again. Still staying well in a playoff spot.

Key players…. Pleks, Price, Gill, Gio, Gomez, Cammi, Spach, Hamr, PK and some great fringe players brought in by PG. Players who at the time were bashed and said to be useless signings…

YET out of all these most of those players are still bashed regularly and said to be terrible. Who is constantly bashed????

Gomez, Price, Gill, Spach, Hamr. BG, PG, JM.

Basically everyone who is mostly responsible for our success such as it is.

Who gets a pass. Plekanec, PK, Cammi (for the most part) and Gionta (except for his size)…

Less than half….  And the most incredible part is those bashers think they do not sound like a bunch of idiots… Actually think they can do a better job than people who get paid millions of dollars to do so. As they sit and home eating hamburgers and poutine, waiting for the next article to comment on.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

17. Mark C says:

Yes, but shorthanded goals for, count as a plus. The 3 goal difference is that Gomez has been on the ice for 3 more ES goals allowed than Pleks.

18. TomNickle says:

Shorthanded goals for count for plus/minus.

19. habs001 says:

doesnt +- only count on even strength play…gomez is -9 while plecks is +10 but some posters are saying there is only a 3 goal difference…

20. bandaide says:

actually think that second line is better than some may think Gomer has been feeding Gio all year it may do well to see if AK and Eller  can 1 time those passes into the net cuz from all the games Ive watched seriously Gomez should have atleast an extra 15 assists minimum on some of the setups he has given to his linemates. Chances were there just no finish.

21. TomNickle says:

Boom Boom.

22. habsfansince91 says:

i think it was him that was part of the “three amigos” in montreal. It consisted of him, ribeiro and i may be wrong but i think theodore was the third. Make a long story short these three guys would always be out partying on a nightly basis which is why they were all traded out of montreal.

23. Hellfire_Habsfan says:

The FHL has had some issues in its first season… most teams get maybe 600 fans which is less than some of the Jr A teams in the Central Junior League.. For example the Cornwall Colts get an avg 1000/game,  Akwesasne 600/game which is across the river on Cornwall Island. The main problem is for fans to go to the game from Canada or the USA they have to go thur customs/toll booth and its quite the hassel… I mean I’m find with it taking like two hrs to get out of the scotiabank place parking lot but 2 hrs to cross the bridge when it would normally take like 15mins from my parents is retarded.

PD was beyond skilled for the league and quite honestly is making way more money in Austria.

The league though has had players called up to the ECHL, which is pretty big for a first year league.. I have a feeling though the financials are going to destroy the league within 2-3 yrs.

They put a team in binghampton (broom county) where the jr Sens are.. stupid move.. that team relocated half way though the season.. But it was nice to see PD play again live..

24. Chris says:

Really?  The Habs haven’t needed nor need players like Henrik Zetterberg, Anton Volchenkov, Mikko Koivu, Niklas Kronwall, Johan Franzen, Tomas Holmstrom, Zdeno Chara, Tomas Plekanec, Marian Hossa, David Backes, Dustin Byfuglien, Kimmo Timonen, Ryan Kesler, Brooks Orpik, James Wisniewski or Ville Leino?

You can find big, strong physical players in any league.  And Montreal has struck out more often with their WHL draft picks than they have with any other region.

25. andrewberkshire says:

Doug Harvey, for some reason he isn’t talked about very much considering his career accomplishments.

26. habs4ever2894 says:

Thats what you get on ESPN…

27. OneTimer says:

So Vokoun might be moved at the deadline huh? Scary, imagine the Flyers with a decent goalie…

28. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Ouch!  I’m in pain just thinking about that!

29. darcy1 says:

Because he’s an Ontario boy… jk, i don’t mind reading his stuff…

Burnside, on the other hand,  I can’t stand.

”If you’ve only got one day to live, come see the Toronto Maple Leafs. It’ll seem like forever. ” Pat Foley (Blackhawks broadcaster)

30. darcy1 says:

LOL… If Gomez reads this site, I’d be willing to cut off my left nut!

31. SeriousFan09 says:

Why does Lebrun have it in for MTL all of a sudden?

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

32. darcy1 says:

Pierre Lebrun suggests PG goes and gets Kaberle. What are they smoking West of the Ottawa Valley?

33. habs4ever2894 says:

The habs should draft the best canadian born forward available with size .  It seems like players drafted from ontario and westward on are the best way to go especially in the first round. I hate to say it but players from Quebec ,europe and the U.S do not fit what this team needs and has needed for a while.

34. Storm Man says:

My Choice: Howie Morenz.

” Not everyone can afford a brilliant stock advisor like storm”. TripleX 01/25/2011.20:16

35. geo_habsgo says:

I see. Well in any case we are picking middle to late in the draft unless we get super lucky so I’m hoping for dark horse that really becomes an effective player.

Have you heard of Luca Ciampini? He plays for the Halifax Mooseheads of the Q. He’s still not draft eligible but he went first overall the Q’s draft last summer and is a from Montreal. Was sidelined this year with an injury and is one of the younger ones on the team so I think that might account for his low point output. Just remember reading about how much he tore it up in Montreal. Hope he doesn’t turn out to be another Angelo Esposito since he looks like a good kid.

36. krob1000 says:

that is awesome….a guy on my mens league team the other night came to the rink with a shiner…..we jokingly asked did you get in a bar scrap….he said nope hokcey scarp…we asked where…seems he has been playing in the federal league for a couple of weeks he said as well…for akwasasne….I just noticed that is the team Dagenais is on…I’m gonna ask him about that on Wednesday at our next game lol

37. Duracell3 says:

To call it a 3rd division team is probably very generous, the LNAH would probably kill most of these teams. He wasn’t even bad in Austria or the KHL really, and he had 17 goals in a season for us once. Most of my memories are of him after the lockout, very skilled, but also quite slow, and there were some well publicised teammate problems as well.

On further investigation though, he now plays in Norway for Vålerenga after 23 games in the FHL:

38. SeriousFan09 says:

I’ve heard the opposite really, Couturier, Landeskong, Nugent-Hopkins and Larsson are all dueling it out for first but some scouts I understand are dismissive that everyone save Larsson has an elite ceiling to their games. I think there’s some good potential 1st, 2nd-line talent in the draft but I don’t think there is a Stamkos or a Kane here.

I think is more a 2007-style draft with a few names really breaking out than a 2008 draft where it seems a third of the NHL seemed to grab a star out of the 1st round.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

39. geo_habsgo says:

Thanks! Those are some good numbers. I keep hearing that this a really deep draft year is that really the case?

40. geo_habsgo says:

That is pretty shocking. You would think that someone who once made it to the NHL whether he was a strong contributor or not would have been able to hold down an AHL job. At least wherever he is he gets to be an impact player lol. I don’t really remember him besides his name but was he really that bad? If I were him I would have too much pride to play in a third division team.

41. OneTimer says:

OK, so, if we want to change topics from our favorite whipping boy Gomez…you know who I’ve been disappointed with? Moen.

Like many, I was amped when we signed him, playoff warrior from Saskatechewan who fights, awesome. But aside from that one killer goal he scored on Gonchar in the playoffs, what has he done for us? He provides a little muscle, fights once in a while but aside from that he’s a black hole of hockey. Is he injured?

42. SeriousFan09 says:

Jacques Plante, guy had an unbelieveable career on and off the ice with his influence.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

43. Chris says:

Historical NHL player you would most want to interview…go!

My choice:  Aurel Joliat.  Seems like he would have been a pretty interesting guy!

44. habs365 says:

VancouverHab – if you don’t mind waiting another 20 years for a cup..everything you said is right on..shows how stupid management was..Sather knew what he was doing….

45. mrhabby says:

funny thing is i kind of agree with you..i  just don’t harp about it..peace out man.

46. Duracell3 says:

Lets talk about Pierre Dagenais. Yes, Pierre Dagenais.

I was talking with a buddy of mine that played in the AAHL, and he mentioned that most of the league collapsed and lots of players went to the FHL, I’d never heard of it. It’s the Federal league (yes, just like slapshot). So I look at the league leaders, and there is Pierre F. Dagenais. I almost feel bad for him, goes from the NHL to a league where the average player makes like $250 a week in a few years. I’m going to speculate substance abuse issues. Discuss.

47. fbkj says:

normally im good at spotting t3h tr0llage

48. punkster says:

Seriously Rob (and I mean it, seriously) this isn’t about an either/or, Price/Halak, black/white thing. There are as many degrees of like or dislike for Gomez the player, Gomez the contract, Gomez the saviour and Gomez the boat anchor as there are posters on this site. This isn’t a clear cut issue and that’s the thing I’m railing against in your Gomez comments, like this one right here. It sounds like the taunts we read last year about Pricebots and Halakians and all the other silly back and forth some people fell in to.

For the record, I do not think Gomez stinks and I do not think he’s awesome. He’s not a drain on the team and we’re not winning the Cup (for the next couple of years anyways). My Gomez views; I like the way he plays, his puck handling and control, his passing and his energy but he’s not my favorite player. That’s my view and until my view changes, and it’s bound to at some point, I don’t intend to harp on it.

49. VancouverHab says:

50. Propwash says:

Gomez and Gionta were a good pairing when they played with New Jersey IIRC. Gionta signed after Gomez was traded here and the pair was more or less reunited.

Not an illogical reason for having Gomez on the team if you ask me.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.