Cammalleri’s slash proves costly

Michael Cammalleri and the Canadiens will both pay a price for his
uncharacteristic attack on Islanders’ rookie Nino Niederreiter Saturday
night in Quebec City.

The league announced Monday that Cammalleri
will be suspended one game which means that the team won’t have him in
the lineup for the regular-season opener Thursday in his hometown of
Toronto.

The suspension was announced shortly after 3 p.m.,
three hours after Cammalleri spoke by phone to NHL vice-president Colin
Campball.

Cammalleri, who led Canadiens in scoring in the
playofs,  received a five-minute major and game misconduct on the play,
which occurred with 3:08 left in the second period.

Under the
terms of the Collective Agreement, and based on his average
annual salary, Cammalleri will forfeit $32,258.06. The money goes to the
Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund. Capgeek calculates Cammalleri’s fine as being equivalent to $268.81 for a person making $50,000 before taxes.

Cammalleri left the arena
in Clermont after practice Monday and went directly to the team bus
where he talked to Campbell. He emerged from the bus to sign autographs
for fans, but said he wouldn’t discuss the Niedereitter incident until Tuesday.

Before the suspension was announced, head coach Jacques
Martin cited Cammaleri’s clean record in the past and hoped that he
would escape a suspension.  A team spokesman said Martin wouldn’t have
any further comment until Tuesday.

Kristo disciplined

1. W35T5ID3 says:

Ok sorry seriousfan….my bad….caps lock off….promise.

2. HabFab says:

God, I love how you come on here and continue to make such an ass of yourself!

Please continue!!

3. Everlasting1 says:

I hope you weren’t emotionally traumatized over the incident. Be warned, it takes a thick skin to endure a full season, that hasn’t begun yet.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

4. pic1983 says:

Dont get your panties all in a bunch over there, it was a little slash.  Cammy shouldnt be swinging his stick and an 18 year old rookie shouldnt be trying to decapitate a superstar player with a blindside hit in the PRE-SEASON.

If little nino didnt want to settle it like a man, than he shouldnt be attempting to hit to injure.

5. SeriousFan09 says:

Caps lock users make it difficult for them to be taken seriously, words are weapons but they need not be highlighted so as to not discredit the person issuing the opinion. You can’t break through to idiots by yelling loudly either, otherwise I could eliminate all Leafs fans by walking around TO with a megaphone.

6. CBrady12 says:

no maybe this sport isnt for you, since you seem to know nothing about it

7. W35T5ID3 says:

WHY?

MY WORDS ARE WEAPONS

CAPS LOCK IS NEEDED TO EMPHASIZE THINGS TO SOME IDIOTS ON HERE.

8. W35T5ID3 says:

IM WIT U G….100%

9. SeriousFan09 says:

Well Cammalleri kind of got his punishment when Havlat played like his hair was on fire for the rest of the series and really finished the Flames off.

10. bwoar says:

So you’d prefer Cammalleri got his behind handed to him by the rookie?  The guy should use his hockey to score goals.  And keep his fists in his gloves.

Sorry but there’s no place in hockey for that kind of ‘stickwork’ and even less for fighting.  It’s a hockey game.  Go watch MMA if fisticuffs is really so important to you.

11. Everlasting1 says:

So one is obliged to fight after a check? lol If you deem that a ‘chickensh!t’ hit, maybe this sport isn’t for you.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

12. CBrady12 says:

good point…i agree…the fact that he chased him around the ice before slashing him leads me to believe he was probably challenging the kid

13. JIMVINNY says:

You saying so does not make it so.  I disagree, and clearly many others do as well.  Niederreiter was aiming for his head, the fact that Cammaleri saw him coming was the only thing that saved him.  It was a textbook blindside hit, right up until Cammaleri saw him coming at the very last second.  That doesn’t make it an OK hit.

14. jbroderi says:

valid points!!

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

15. sholi2000.com says:

If the NHL carries out the entire season suspending guys for slashing, then fine.

You’ll all see.

It happens once a week in the NHL, and there are never suspensions for this kind of slash.

And lastly, if people want to talk about the intent to the face, well there’s no ground to stand on there.  If Cammalleri wanted to slash his face, he would have made contact, the guy’s a sniper :)

They Call Me Shane

16. g says:

thank god a supporter-I was getting worried

“Long before I ever wore the jersey, I wore the jersey.” Dryden

17. andrewberkshire says:

Love the acting by Havlat there, it was barely a graze. However knowing Havlet it probably gave him 3 concussions and a broken rib.

18. jbroderi says:

That depends if pleks went after the guys head a few seconds earlier.  You can slice it anyway you want, and I think the 1 game is fine, but if cammy went down in a heap, neidereter(i will not waste my time with the spelling)  would have gotten that game and another 5!  You have to look at the momentum of the shoulder on these types of hits.  If he is trying to go shoulder to shoulder, the follow through will be straight ahead.  His arm clearly starting at a 45 degree angle and went higher after contact.  I am not saying it was a really dirty hit, but it was from the blind side and did follow up high.  Just read the rules.  Cammy got a deserved game, but if he went down with a concussion, which we have seen from lesser hits, then this clown would be watching a lot of games.

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

19. g says:

check it out-no suspension on any of these

It’s very important for toronto to win don’t ya know

“Long before I ever wore the jersey, I wore the jersey.” Dryden

20. JIMVINNY says:

For those people saying “you’d be furious if it was a hab that got attacked” I have something to add.  Yep, I’d be furious if a guy like Eller or Pacioretty tried to hurt a respected veteran say like Marty St; Louis, and then skated away when Marty wanted to fight.  It was a chickensh*t hit, and it was even more chickensh*t to turn and skate away when Cammaleri clearly wanted more.  No, the slashes shouldn’t have happened, but they wouldn’t have, if Niederreiter had manned up and dropped like gloves like Cammaleri clearly wanted.

21. CBrady12 says:

lol me too…but you know what i meant

22. christophor says:

If it was Ryan White who was attacked by Cammy, I’d be worried about our “leadership core”.

23. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Yup, Nino pulled a Matt Cooke move there, and I would hate to see any of our players get a post concussion syndrome and get their careers potentially ruined like Savard.

Cammy escaped Nino’s dirty hit, and I am happy he did.

I’d rather take Cammy slashing that douche than get a post-concussion syndrome and missing an entire year.

That being said, I still think Cammalleri needs to control his anger on-ice. He’s a great player, he can do better than that.

24. Mark C says:

I’m fine with Cammi getting a game, but Lucic gave Komi a two hander and then jumped in 2009, he got off scott free: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa4AvE8YR-I

There is precedent for not given suspending for a two hand slash in the back of the legs. I think the upper body stick contact was the worst and should have been given a 1 game suspension like what O’Brien did to Avery last year. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Jtwq_rklgA

25. CBrady12 says:

If it was Ryan White that was “attacked” by cammy i would be willing to bet anything he would not have missed the third period

26. Everlasting1 says:

Nino’s hit was clean, shoulder to shoulder, and Cammy saw it coming. Cammy got off light.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

27. light_n_tasty says:

Just means Cammy won’t have the Laff goons attempting to injure him.

I wonder how long it will take that NYI prospect to recover from his injuries.  What was it again?  A bruised skate-blade?

28. CBrady12 says:

No kidding…the way these people talk youd think he took a full golf swing…it was barely a tap…the kid isnt even hurt…he has a bruised calf…good thing he missed the rest of the game to take care of his severe injuries

29. g says:

Funny-I like to think that we only have ghosts, as they are classy-they have goblins-but I get your point

“Long before I ever wore the jersey, I wore the jersey.” Dryden

30. likehoy says:

the stick tap yes, but cammalleri’s actions in the whole build up was taking into consideration.

- I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

31. puck face says:

well the money is irelevant to a multi $$$ and we all knew he deserved something and the minimum something he could get was 1 game , so not that costly really?

32. Lazarus_taxa says:

I’m pretty sure this is gonna fire him up.  Remember when Plecky came back from suspension?  Just a little look on bright side…

33. g says:

I wouldn’t

I’ve watched this thing over and over. The stick TAP warranted the 5 min major and game misconduct-nothing more.

“Long before I ever wore the jersey, I wore the jersey.” Dryden

34. avatar_58 says:

Eh. Be all the more sweeter if they beat the leafs now, with Markov, Cammy and maybe Hamr all out.

35. Malreg says:

Anyone who thinks he doesn’t deserve a 1 game suspension needs to take off their Bleu-Blanc-Rouge glasses.  How would you be reacting if some one 2-handed Plekanec on the ankle?  The same people would be crying for the opposing player to be suspended for 10+ games, and they would say the “blindside” hit was a clean hockey hit.

It’s not a conspiracy, he should have known better, and he deserves 1 game.

36. JF says:

It could have been much worse.  I thought he’d get at least 2 games and maybe as many as 5, since, although Niederreiter apparently suffered only a bruise, the intention to injure was unmistakable.  I hope Cammy will keep his temper in check after this.  Ugly incidents like Saturday night’s tarnish the image of the game and of our Habs.

37. habaddict_andy says:

I think we have a pretty good idea if it was one of our guys being slashed we would be loosing our heads.

Scott Gomez to Montreal Media “You’re a pain in the neck, but you’re our pain in the neck.”

38. Storm Man says:

Maybe not in the streets of Montreal, But on HIO you just need a spark to have a riot here. :)

39. SeriousFan09 says:

Dude, Caps lock OFF.

40. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Thank God it’s only 1. I was thinking 2 or 3. I don’t mind him taking a night off against Toronto, but we certainly need him against Pittsburgh on Saturday.

41. Malreg says:

No, but if the goalie stalks the player around the ice for a shift, purposely makes contact with his face with his stick, and then takes a swipe at the guys ankle, he’ll be suspended.

It’s not the slash it’s self, it’s the context of it.

42. W35T5ID3 says:

I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS ON HERE.CALLING CAMMYS STICK WORK CHEAP.WTF?REALLY?UNREAL.

IF YOU DONT THINK THE NEIDERRYDER BLIND HIT TO CAMMY WAS POTENTIALLY DEVASTATING AND MUCH MORE CHEAP THAN YOU NEED YOUR EYES CHECKED.

–I   THOUGHT  THE  LEAGUE  WAS  TRYING  TO   AVOID   THIS   KIND   OF   BLIND EAST WEST HIT???

SCREW U COLIN CAMPBELL AND SCREW THIS NHL GARBAGE DISCIPLINARY ACTION…..TOTAL B.S.

43. Danno says:

Campbell’s decision is not expected to spark the Rocket Richard Riot parts two.

But I could be wrong about that…

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

44. namgel says:

Cammo just got zapped by the agression from Hab – Nordique games Past.  The Collisee has ghosts too.

45. danedmunds says:

Wow I am really surprised by the comments saying he didnt deserve it. He does deserve it, and I think is very lucky it was 1 game. I am the biggest fan of Cammy but what he did was really really stupid. If the tables were turned and someone did that to a Hab people would be freaking.

46. 123456 says:

positive thinking!!

47. J Haul says:

You just KNEW they’d kick him out for the opener vs the leafs. gah

How about the blindside hit that instigated the slash?

48. W35T5ID3 says:

SCREW COLIN CAMPBELL.

49. 123456 says:

i think 1 game is good. i wuld have given him 2 – u have to realize if this hit ws on cammy we’d all be b!ching.

the slahes were bad enough but he skated around after him – plenty of time to let it go.

not that the initial hit was right – but it was not that bad… in hockey u have ot learn to pick your spots – after the hit get up and get in his face…. then run him later

lets go habs!!

50. BJ says:

Lucky its only one game for Cammi. They should bring Henry and White for the first game at least.

51. W35T5ID3 says:

Dude i so called this 1 gamer.F you Coli Campbell you douchebag.Hmmm Savard suffers alone in a dark room from a dirty blatent blindside elbow from the suspensionLESS Cooke and Cammy get a game for what???It was harmless and he was irate cuz nino neiderryder set him off with his cheap stuff.What about if that blindsided hit had gotten more of cammys head and knocked him out in a room with Savard???It coulda very easily have happened ….Screw the NHL…..Campbell has lost his marbles.Im so mad about this.

52. Chuck says:

O the positive side, I’d rather Cammy play against Pittsburgh and have the night off against Toronto.

53. sholi2000.com says:

They Call Me Shane

54. Chuck says:

Yeah, that’s about the size of it.

55. munch17 says:

At least Cammy and Markov won’t get hurt the first game of the year!

56. CBrady12 says:

I just realized you are being sarcastic…yes you do see it EVERY DAY…its called high sticking…the kid didnt even draw blood… kindly remove your tampon…its HOCKEY

57. SeriousFan09 says:

It will be if they do it Billy Smith style.

58. _Habsoloutly_ says:

So does this mean that every NHL goalie that takes a slash at the leg of the guy trying to screen him in front of the net is gonna get suspended one game?

59. CBrady12 says:

So  bruise someones calf and you get to miss the first game of the year…but make a guy miss the entire year because his brain no longer functions properly and YOURE GOOD TO GO!

60. nick says:

Ah, so they should have thrown him out for 5-10 games huh?

61. CBrady12 says:

I know…if you watch the amount of abuse the “stars” take on a daily basis..its surprising they don’t snap more often…

62. SLONCOLD says:

whether or not you’re a dirty player, you should be punished ofr your actions accordingly. i know it doesn’t always work out that way in the nhl.

63. adam76 says:

You are so correct – I see players swing at another players face EVERY DAY.  I mean, its HOCKEY!!!!!

64. adamkennelly says:

didin’t even make it to the regular season to have the Habs lack of toughness have an impact.  opponents can take liberties with our players without worrying about being held accountable for it or worrying about any retribbution against their skilled guys….some 18 year old punk roughs up our best player in a freakin pre-seaon game and he needs to react himself….perfect….

65. nick says:

Tom K. got 3 games for hitting, and injuring Van Ryan, on top of that he had the repeat offender status.

Given Cammi and Nino were getting pretty chippy… Nino wasn’t injured… and that Cammy doesn’t hold the repeat offender status… I can’t see how he would have gotten more than 1-2 games… MAX.

I don’t see how Cammi is getting away with anything…

66. HABSsince92 says:

I really don’t think Cammy did anything horribly wrong so I’m ok with the 1 game for losing his composure. Anything more than that I think would have been unnecessary…..this isn’t a dirty player/repeat offender we’re talking about.

Been a Habs fan since I was in 2nd grade and sat behind Patrick Roy at the Aud.

67. SeriousFan09 says:

As stupid as it sounds, there was not a rule against what Cooke did, nor what Mike Richards did earlier in the season that set a precedent for the NHL to go by when they didn’t suspend him for scrambling Booth’s head.

NHL doesn’t think protecting the head is a priority.

68. CBrady12 says:

Dude…you call that an attack…good lord…dont ever play hockey cause you’re going to find you get attacked a lot

69. Black Jacques Halak says:

Surprised, yet happy that it was only one game.  It was an uncharacterstic cheap shot that Cammi clearly knew was wrong and could be seen as a deliberate attempt to injur.  He got off lucky.  If he does it again, he wont…

VS Leafs they are going to come out much like the FLyers did.  Smash and Grind.  will the Habs be able to beat it?  I can;t wait to watch…

70. G-Man says:

Cammi is one lucky fella, unlike Lapierre last season. The “system” of not suspending scoring stars is flawed and stupid, and borders on being dangerous. It gives a green light to all “stars” to attack other players at will.

71. habaddict_andy says:

This incident was nothing compared to what Matt Cooke did to Marc Savard.  Yet Cooke did not get anything for something that could’ve ended Savard career.

72. sholi2000.com says:

Good point, but I’m pretty hard headed :)

They Call Me Shane

73. Everlasting1 says:

There is ZERO evidence that Nino was aiming for his head. There was no raised elbow either. You do like to paint a picture don’t you?

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

74. idle says:

“If not, why not?”

Because it was a clean hit.  That’s probably why not.

75. riazp says:

Meh, you know what, its done, I feel that a one game suspension is fair, he did high stick the guy and slash him on the ankles…I think its the stick in the face that did him in. Oh well

Its only one game, vs the leafs, so no worries we’ll win 4-2.

76. habaddict_andy says:

Kessel will be frustrated for being unable to pass through Gorges and Cie.

No one is going to say anything until tomorrow Dan. I think!

Hard to disapline a kid gone back to the minors. Not sure if he has yet, but with not even a penalty call, probably zippo for him.

78. Storm Man says:

If you look at it that way I guess… I would like to look at the fact if the Habs don’t win on Thursday what the over under is going to be for how many post about that Price sucks( Im going with around 1500) but if he played well and we lose say 2-1 well the power play sucked and PG will suck for not picking up a fighter plus the fact the sky will be falling if the Habs lose on Thursday….. The biggest fact is we 81 games left :).

79. Bugs says:

But…

Who’s gonna “accidentally” slash Kessel in the calf now?

Aw, man, this blows.

Quite self-satisfied, I smirk as

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Minority Owner of the Habbalicious Bubble-Gum Emporium, Proprietor of Flannellicity’s comix store, and Lone Tenant of Mama’s Habsbros Basement/Control Centre: http://habsbros.blogspot.com

80. Everlasting1 says:

I’ve noticed a pattern. Why is it that all the pro Price/Halak debaters are also divided on this Cammy incident? There must be a connection lol

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

81. LA Loyalist says:

Guys – what is the record for posts? And what was the topic?

“We’re not winning the cup in pre-season, so we need something to play for.” Carey Price

Its that Lake Ontario water!!

So who’s going to take an extra spot? I hope it’s White… I positively like the kid.

84. SeriousFan09 says:

So with Cammalleri out but Hamrlik possibly in, what’s your Thursday Night lineup? I have…

Eller-Plekanec-AK46

Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta

Moen-Halpern-Lapierre

Pyatt-Boyd-Darche (I just don’t see White bumping a JM favourite despite White being better)

Spacek-Subban

Hamrlik-Picard

Gill-Gorges

85. TripleX says:

It is objectivity vs blind allegiance.

xD

‘Cogito ergo doleo’

I think during the play offs last year. We hit the goal posts 6 times.

87. TripleX says:

If White doesn’t deserve a spot in the top eight then there is just something wrong.  He should have been on the team last year, I liked him everytime he was brought up.

‘Cogito ergo doleo’

We sure have a few good ones to choose from this year Timo.

89. nickster13 says:

just saw this ON tv. ovechkin ccm commercial

so lolz!!!

90. TripleX says:

Flames signed 35 year old Brendan Morrison for a one way at 750,000.  The older guys are fighting for scraps thanks to the stupid cap.

‘Cogito ergo doleo’

91. JIMVINNY says:

Well I’m a Price/Cammy supporter, so in that case, I’m going to have to say that having the ability to formulate rational thoughts is what differentiates us from them.

Haha, just kidding, nobody FREAK OUT (like cammy).

I don’t know how he’ll get by on $750K. I know I wouldn’t <sheds tear>

93. Storm Man says:

He played with the hitmen we know you like all things from Calgary :).

94. Everlasting1 says:

You said it lol

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

95. SeriousFan09 says:

The issue is I think lies in the acquistion of Halpern and that Pyatt is a favourite of JM. It leaves spots for Lapierre, Boyd, Moen (all on 1-way deals) and we also have Eller when the lineup is full. Had Halpern not been signed and Pyatt not such a solid defensive forward White would already be a Hab but the Habs needed guys like Pyatt and Halpern to ease Plekanec’s PK workload.

I love White too, but the team needs to lose a contract first among the top-12, no point having White if he’s going to be the 13th forward, he has to be out there every night doing what he does to stay sharp but I imagine the second we have an injury White’s getting called to the big show.

96. Everlasting1 says:

That response warrants a stick to the head..I don’t care how old you are lol

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

97. SeriousFan09 says:

I saw this Twitter account and thought of you, the Fake Dan Ellis.

98. Storm Man says:

Im not sure who will slash Kessel now but Im sure he did better in his NFL picks this weekend…… Jets over the Bills by 24 points at home. Oh well better luck next week with your pics :)

99. TOEmastro says:

Like the avatar, I still petition to have the looney tunes character, but nice none the less

Now that’s a quality thought!

101. Habziefan09 says:

I really don’t think Habs have the cap space, besides he has an infected elbow which he would probably miss the next 2-3 games with.. He is a hard nosed player, but I am not sure he is a necessity.

Twitter: Habziefan09

Confucius says: “Baseball has it all wrong, Man with 4 balls cannot walk!”

102. Storm Man says:

The stupid cap as you call it has saved hockey in a very big way.

103. LA Loyalist says:

Be patient – it’s been years since we’ve had any kind of depth, so it’s a high class problem.

I love the Hitmen jerseys – what do you guys think?

104. SeriousFan09 says:

The cap isn’t stupid, the NHL GMs who grossly overpay are. The second one player got a million more than they deserved, the next guy who was a bit better than him wanted 1.5 million more than they deserved and it snowballed.

105. andrewberkshire says:

Pretty much what Cammalleri deserved. Annoying to go without him for a game but it’s not like we can’t beat the Leafs now or anything. And it gives Eller an opportunity on Plekanec’s wing hopefully.

106. MikeMcLaren says:

Well, let’s look on the bright side here, the NHL’s “Wheel of Justice” could have landed on 2+ games here, but it didn’t.

Also, I’m sure that taking a 1 game suspension for playing Paul Bunyan to Nino’s skate was far more satisfying than merely gesturing with a throat slash which also seems to have a going rate of one game.

So how many goals can Cammalleri score in 81 games played now?  I’m still voting for 40!

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

107. SeriousFan09 says:

Always nice for depth to be a problem, but I really got to liking White in Hamilton last season when I took in Bulldogs games and was really rooting for him to make the club for 10-11.

108. punkster says:

He’ll be cuttin’ back on the strippers and bar shots I’m thinkin’.

109. Bugs says:

Yeah, eh?

That’s tellin me off, I tell ya, Stormie. Now, you’re a hero.

(chuckle)

110. SeriousFan09 says:

Cammalleri pops his goals in streaks, 1 game won’t throw anything off, it will be about how long his streaks go on this season with good linemates.

111. fbkj says:

#nowfollowing

112. JIMVINNY says:

Obviously you two mensa candidates missed the “just kidding, don’t freak out” part of the post.  And you Ian, how you could say that giving someone a stick in the head is a quality thought…  Very disappointing.  I’ve come to expect a lot more than that out of you.

113. jrshabs1 says:

Timo the terrible is back!!!

114. jrshabs1 says:

100% behind Cammy…Price not so much..I just blew up your theory.

115. fbkj says:

yes but who is who here :)

116. HabFab says:

So when does training camp end?

It will be interesting to see this played out.

117. Chuck says:

Hell, it Laffs fans think that Kris Versteeg and Colton Orr are shoe in’s for 40, then Cammy should be able to do it with one arm tied behind his back!

118. Bugs says:

Inject the whole team with anthrax and they can STILL beat the leafs.

Of course, that’s strictly a medical opinion.

119. Former Jets Fan says:

In my best Walter Sobchak voice, “Way to goooo, Danny.”

120. slamtherimtim says:

you dont need a tough guy in the playoffs , but it wouldnt hurt during a 82 game year , when the year before you had multiple injuries a couple from contact plays ( cammy for 1 ) we need white and obyrne just for the toughness , please PG make a small deal to bring some grit from a player i dont mind seeing in either the presss or penelty box

121. punkster says:

It was an action that deserved a suspension. Presidence doesn’t matter, comparing the infraction to other equally or more heinous crimes doesn’t matter. What matters is that Campbell has to be able to claim there was no favoritism towards one of the league’s top players. We all know that sentiment isn’t true and we’ve all seen incidents by stars that deserved greater penalities or suspensions. But that was then and this is now.

Now as long as no other stars pull these types of dumb moves in the coming weeks then Campbell will free to go back to his ways of metting out punishments of unequal value.

It\s no big deal for us. One game won’t hurt.

122. matmacat says:

underage drinking at 20?

that’s funny.

123. SeriousFan09 says:

They must be shocked at UND, I mean really, a college kid drinking beer?

124. habsfan_61 says:

cammy got what i expected. someone else will have to step up vs. laffs on thursday.

125. Danno says:

Wolf Blitzer is standing by in the Situation Room to bring us a live update.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

126. avatar_58 says:

You read numbers like 2, 3 and even 6 million but seeing Cammalleri lose 30,000 in ONE GAME….I mean wow. 60 minutes pots him 30,000 bucks. Jesus…

127. Storm Man says:

Maybe you just picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue. Give a hug to Auntie Em, Uncle Henry and Toto next time you see them.

128. gohabzzzz says:

I’m actually kinda happy he got suspended: we always seem to lose someone valuable vs the laffs!

good thing markov isn’t there either :P

129. B says:

As much as we all like to make fun of the Leafs, it seems a bit “people in glass houses” to laugh at Toronto’s goal scoring. Last regular season Toronto and Montreal both scored 210 goals (Montreal had 5 more empty net goals). Only 4 teams scored less.

130. Bugs says:

Disagree. The President should be exempted from all forms of suspension.

It would set a dangerous precedent.

131. Bugs says:

Yeah, eh?

Good one.

(chuckle)

132. punkster says:

Verry embareassing. Apoligies to al skoolteechers owt their.

133. _Habsoloutly_ says:

As long as he’s in the lineup for the two games I’ll be at this season, it’s all good.

134. SeriousFan09 says:

+1, I’ll be catching a couple games this year and would rather see Montreal’s aces in the lineup.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

Now calm down. Everybody’s joking. Except me. I never joke.

136. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Yes, it seems we need to sign every journeyman player that becomes available.  Our roster is set with maybe a spot or two available for a prospect.

The Habs have a solid 20 goal+ scorer, Andrei Kostitsyn.

138. petefleet says:

To keep this whole thing in perspective, remember this?

Montreal Canadiens forward Tomas Plekanec has been suspended for two games without pay by the National Hockey League.

Plekanec slew footed Edmonton Oilers defenseman Denis Grebeshkov in the second period of Wednesday night’s 7-2 Canadiens loss.

Plekanec was assessed a minor penalty for tripping on the play, and Grebeshkov has a high ankle sprain that will sideline him for at least two weeks.

Under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, and based on his average annual salary, Plekanec will forfeit $17,204.30. The money goes to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.

It’s not the end of the world.

”’Gonna Be A Long Season Without a Goalie”’

I disagree. A team needs to be tough throughout the line-up. The Habs are getting bigger and developing a system. BGL proved to be a disaster for good reason. For you to suggest what you are suggesting suggests that you haven’t got a clue what you’re talking about. Try another habsrwhatevername. Next!

Hilarious!!

141. habs11s says:

No suspension for Derek Boogaard’s “crotch shot” over the weekend?  Kind of odd if you ask me….

___________________________________________________________________________
    _____________________

142. davecessna says:

hahahahaha Johnny Cage

What! You think you can just come here and post something reasonable and logical like that and get away with it? Where’s the panic? How come you’re not cursing Cammy? What kind of a fan are you? Do you know which website this is?

Then you throw all reason out the window with your last sentence. Welcome back!!!

144. Bahamut-Prime says:

Poor Kristo Nobody in this province would be getting suspended for drinking at that age. Hell I’ve been playing in beer leagues since I was 18 where you’re pratically required to drink after games.

145. TOEmastro says:

Don’t get me wrong, this in no way a comparison to, or a flection on us. I’m just saying that the Leafs don’t have the prowess to score 6 goals in a game, and you’re right, neither do we. I’m laughing at the ” I have a big scoring D***” comments that make the illusion that they do.

146. ooder says:

what you talking about SF..

a 6.68 million cap hit for 3 goal Bouwmester is practically a steal

——————

88 is the new 23

147. bostonantifan says:

$750,000 scrapsYou must make one hell of a salary.

148. St.Leo Habs Fan says:

Hey guys, I don’t know if this has been posted yet but here’s a nice shootout goal scored by a guy called Kaspars Daugavins on Robert Mayer

149. novahab says:

If the Canadiens were playing any other team but the leafs he would not have got a game. The Leafs management had more to do with this than that idioit Campbell , This is made for CBC Leafs loving a-holes who need the Leafs to win . They are under a lot of pressure after the Habs run in the playoffs last year. There has already been a shape up and if the Habs blow out the home town cry babies look out.  The Habs  will be in the box and they will get run at with very little called against the Laffs. The fix is in before the puck is droped the Habs has to find a way to overcome .

150. avatar_58 says:

Wow, nice goal

151. avatar_58 says:

See now that’s a pussy move. Catch a guy in the nuts when he’s not looking? Oh big man.

152. samTHEman says:

Spot on except for one thing – look for O’byrne to start the season with Hamrlik instead of Picard..he’ll be on a short leach tho

153. samTHEman says:

I think White will develop into a regular 3rd line NHL’er soon, and a good one at that. His speed and willingness to throw his body in corners,  his enthusiasm, attitude, character and ability to pot some in, all of it will play a big factor. I hope it’s with the habs. He should be on the penciled on the 4th line with Pyatt and Boyd or Halpern. I like Darche but he’s old and a tad bit slow. Why not fill up a spot with a youngster and develop him? Does it make sense to keep Darche? Imo send him down to hamilton, despite his success with the big club. Gotta do what you gotta do…

154. SeriousFan09 says:

With a full roster though, Darche is the 13th forward and it makes more sense to sit the career AHLer/fringe NHL player out since he won’t mind, it doesn’t really affect his development and he’s just a good vet to have in the room. White needs to be an every night player and he’d be the 13th man even if Darche was bumped tommorow with Eller, Moen, Boyd, Pyatt, Lapierre and Halpern holding bottom-6 spots.

155. TripleX says:

With that much power and influence, you might think the Leafs would have set their sights higher than 29th last year.  Rolling eyes vigorously.

‘Cogito ergo doleo’

156. saskhabfan says:

Why can’t you go a week without needing to change your user name? Do you think you actually fool anybody?

“bad analogy- when he first played those wins/losses ??? how many goals did crosby and malkin score that year?”-Observer. When asked why Marc Andre fleury had been sent to the minors when he struggled in his 3rd season.

157. idle says:

Kind of odd that there was no suspension or kind of odd that Boogaard would pull something like that?  I think kind of odd on both counts.

158. Nina76 says:

Storm Man………..I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!! GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

159. Clay4bc says:

LOL, you had it coming for yesterday! Too bad Bugs got there first.  :)

How’d your golf game go?

__________________________

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.

— George Orwell –

160. WarHero says:

I’d actually like to see Darche get the chance. He played well taking over for Cammy on Saturday. This would let Eller focus on developing with his linemates since he’ll be there for a bit anyway.

————————————————————————

161. habs youngtimer says:

it’s only 1 game, and besides it’s not like the habs would beat the leafs anyways.

they never beat leafs. instead the habs are so intimidated by a physical team like Tor.

leafs will pummel them into the ice.

why couldn’t the habs get an enforcer like Colton Orr. god knows we need someone like that.

162. CBrady12 says:

Lol, never heard that one before…yet somehow it never happends

163. habs youngtimer says:

HABS NEED TO SIGN GUERIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he was released by Philly. he’s a solid 20 goal+ scorer. go get him PG PLEASE!!!!!

164. SeriousFan09 says:

Habs split their season with the Loafs last year once again despite missing key personnel for almost all the games involved. Habs will outskate their lummoxes and score by playing smart. I hear this nonsense all the time but it never actually comes true.

Orr’s a joke and a mockey of an NHL player, 17 points in 327 career games.

165. notbigbird says:

You’re right that they always beat us. And not because they intimidate. They always want it more and outhustle us. I don’t know why but that’s the way it is.

166. SeriousFan09 says:

He’s also 39 and looked like he was 60 when we played against PIT in the playoffs last season. Too many older players on the team already, he got 20 goals when he played 17 minutes a night with the NYI and only hit it last year because he was playing next to Crosby.

167. TOEmastro says:

I don’t know why I do it to myself, but I went to the TSN website and looked at the comments. Made my blood boil a little but I guess I deserved it. Anyway, to the point, the Freedom 44 fans are ALL predicting a 6-2 win for them.

Just out of curiosity, even if Kessel scores 4 goals, what secondary scoring do they have to get another 2? Had to laugh a bit

Hey young Phil, that’s enough trash talk young fella. We will intimidate them with speed, now that’s hockey! and Orr will sit on the bench all night or the sin bin.!! Because you can’t hit what you can’t catch.

169. TOEmastro says:

I see what you did there. Funny

170. Danno says:

Was there anything said by Campbell or any of the NHL bigwigs or mucky-mucks about the blindside hit by El Nino? If not, why not?

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

171. Danno says:

Is this really Boone and his famous reverse-jinx in action?

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

172. habs4ever2894 says:

Do 10 game contracts exist in the NHL? No sarcasm here just wondering.

173. LA Loyalist says:

Kessel is pretty slick, but it’s not like Leafs can get him the puck.

I’d give them Gomez for a pick just to get rid of his salary so we would have some breathing room.

(now the death threats will come)

“20 games to a new tagline.

174. TOEmastro says:

sign him for league min, then put him on waivers  after game 10… that should do it

No your not bird, If only we would stopped drinking that lake Ontario water when they play there.

176. habs youngtimer says:

depth up front?????? where????? it’s paper thin. and rememberr 2 of the top 6 include Pouliot and AK.

I rest my case.

We have a solid squad this year, great depth up front and we are one heck of a lot faster than the Leafs.

We stay out of the box and skate like hell, until their leaf faces turn blue also.

178. notbigbird says:

On paper (or screen), but everytime I watch, they always seem to skate rings around us. Am I the only one who sees this? Am I hallucinating?

179. Danno says:

Just three more sleeps…

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

180. habaddict_andy says:

As long as we don’t give O’Byrne the puck in our zone.  If we do it’s as good as over the glass for delay of game.

Despite Bugs’ claims, I do not follow the Flames almost at all… so while I knew Jokkinen was back I wasn’t aware about Tanguay… hilarious. I think it’s like bringing Breezer or MAB back.

182. habsfreak13 says:

it’s metal!

183. krob1000 says:

I blame video games and that rock n roll devil music stuff the kids are listening to!

184. Everlasting1 says:

lol I liked this one..

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

185. Danno says:

Hey you’re right. We’ve been ignoring “that subject” for way too long now. Let’s get back at her :0)

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

186. LA Loyalist says:

It’s pathetic that I have to put “kidding” to make a joke. But we really do have some thicksters. on here.  thanks for getting it.

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

187. TOEmastro says:

To be fair, tone is hard to set with typing. but the nin-cow-poos like to rain on everyones cup parade.

This video seems to sum up my point: NSFW!

188. SeriousFan09 says:

Max Lapierre goes through skates faster than you’d think, with a new NHL feature by their new Habs beat writer Arpon Basu, who some of us might have heard.

189. tippytoes says:

The Canadiens have been searching for a big centre for quite some time. With the addition of Eller, a natural centre, you would thing that they would keep him at that position, groom him for an eventual promotion as a #1 or #2 centre. So far It looks like they’ll put him where ever just to fill a void in stead of looking long term.

They need to look at previous mistakes and begin to develop their prospects and young players properly,

190. LA Loyalist says:

Hope you have extra kneecaps somewhere. talk like that is what causes unrest!

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

191. The Cat says:

I agree! Solid post tippytoes.

192. TorontoHabsFan says:

Only problem is that our top 2 Centre positions are filled for the next 4 years. That’s a long time to be playing 3rd line minutes, wouldn’t you say?

193. nickster13 says:

seriously why has no one watched this yet…

Ovechkin commercial FUNNY

194. davecessna says:

It’s pretty bad as sport commercials go, sorry to say.

195. Mattyleg says:

Yeah, it’s pretty good.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

196. Mrhab24 says:

Could have been worse.

197. adam76 says:

A game is light – can’t complain about the “bias” NHL on that one.

Just as well… Cammi will come back pissed off and hungry to light up the Pens.

199. mrhabby says:

side note..what do you think of the sutters bringing back tangauy and olie..lol.

200. Habscore says:

OMG..welcome back Timo!! lol

……………………………………………………………….

YES HABS CAN!!

201. DAVE. N says:

Welcome back Timo…Did you happen to find the lost Tribe while you were out in the wilderness?

202. LA Loyalist says:

Any of you guys use NHL GAME CENTER LIVE to watch Habs online. Whatcha think?H

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

203. Clay4bc says:

I had it a couple of years ago. As long as you have a fast internet connection, it’s fuc*ing GREAT!

_________________________

— George Orwell –

204. Oddball says:

Wow, he’s going to miss the first leaf game….go figure. Glen Healey’s probably got a woody!

..always with the negative waves, Moriarty, always with the negative waves..

205. Laramy87 says:

Damn not gonna see him Sat nite… who replaces him on top line Thurs?? Eller?

206. Harani says:

You are gonna see him Saturday.

“It must be love!”

207. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Cool thing about this is it put’s ALL pressure on the Laffs.  If they can’t beat us with one of our top snipers and our top d-man out what does that say about their team?  Plus they’re at home opening the season.  If we lose, well we were missing one of our top snipers and our best d-man.  It’s a win-win situation!!!   =)

208. ooder says:

it’s a win situation even if we lose???

wooow true does not imply false man..

that’s just crazyness

——————

88 is the new 23

209. Chuck says:

Excuses suck.

210. SeriousFan09 says:

Eller to the Pleks line, or Pouliot with Pleks and Eller with Gio-Gomez? I’d favour Eller with Pleks/AK myself and see if Gionta/Gomez/Pouliot can get their last-season flow going.

Cammalleri should be able to take out his frustration on PIT though, he pretty much has Fleury in his back pocket after the playoffs.

211. LA Loyalist says:

It’s a no-win unless we win but if we lose it’s a win-win because we have excuses which are always useful if we don’t win except that with excuses you just can’t win.

I think I just found my new tagline :)

212. ooder says:

haha not bad.. sounds like something Bugs would write

——————

88 is the new 23

213. _Habsoloutly_ says:

guess you skipped over the smiley face at the end implying sarcasm.

Only Boone is allowed to make jokes here. Which means there’s nothing funny about HIO.

The great thing about smileys is that they are like the Internet equivalent of a laugh track. Neither accompanies anything that would on it’s own elicit laughter.

215. Mark C says:

1 game seems reasonable; I’ve long given up on trying to predict Campbell’s dartboard justice system. Frankly, the slash to the upper body was the only thing Cammi did that was suspension worth. There is precedent for not suspending players for lower body slashes, e.g. Lucic gave Komi a two hander in the back of the legs before jumping him from behind, back in 2009.

216. nickster13 says:

boo!!! come on, the tooth missing ovy laugh? that was funny

217. SeriousFan09 says:

I look forward to that laugh when he lifts a Cup.

218. madcap_habsfan says:

you’ll be waiting awhile for that one

-“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” Chuck Palahniuk

219. SeriousFan09 says:

When did Crosby and Toew’s standard of winning in your first 3-4 NHL seasons become the standard of defining whether or not you’re a winner?

Look up when Lemieux, Sakic, Yzerman won their first Cups, it wasn’t the day after they were drafted. Raymond Bourque 22 years as the HWBM spot said. Mike Modano had to wait a decade for his chance. The Finnish Flash took until 2007. I’m tired of this crap, honestly it’s insulting a lot of great player’s legacies when people insist that no Cup in your first 5 years in the NHL means you’re a career choker.

220. Laramy87 says:

I meant Thurs nite, i got ahead of myself.

221. TorontoHabsFan says:

On the plus side – we’ll get a chance to see what Eller can do on the top 6

222. J.T. says:

I hope the suspension comes with a kick in the butt from his coach.  No excuses for a veteran acting like that and putting his team down a man.

223. mbplekfan says:

Sometimes a player has to take care of things on their own instead of contracting out to designated goons who then instigate with the other designated goon.

Cammaleri let it be known that he can look after himself and is willing to use his stick if necessary.

One game is a small price to pay to send that message.

224. Oddball says:

I say get him where it really counts, no salt cod or seal flipper pie for a month!

..always with the negative waves, Moriarty, always with the negative waves..

225. jimmy shaker says:

Soupy dropped the ball on this one……nothin less than 10 for Cammy I say!

Shaker

226. andrewberkshire says:

Are you even a Canadiens fan?

227. samTHEman says:

yeah so F’n lame

peace

228. habaddict_andy says:

But yet this is the last time he will use his stick unless he is a complete idiot which I don’t think he is.

229. WindsorHab-10 says:

The league will do anything to give the Leafs a chance of winning Thursday night. Nino Niederreiter is a dirty player and he should’ve gotten a suspension as well. TSN & others talk & show Cammalleri’s so called “vicious” hit but don’t bother showing what that scumbag did with his elbow to Cammy’s head. Had that elbow landed, Cammy would have probably been seriously injured.

230. Clay4bc says:

Come on man – seriously. the elbow didn’t land on the head, and Cammy had the one game coming (and likely deserved more). Let’s just be realistic here, and be thankful it’s only one game.

__________________________

— George Orwell –

231. samTHEman says:

watch the replay closely. it’s a shoulder to shoulder hit. cammi is short and that’s why it looks like it was to the head. it wasn’t even that much of a blindsided hit. cammi saw him comming and he slightly tried to avoid it and passed the puck. i think cami was reacting to a series of hits by nino as pleky said that he was hitting everyone left and right so cammi was putting him in his place, that F’er

232. matmacat says:

Man… who cares? We got Pleky to put ‘em in.

233. TorontoHabsFan says:

Another blunder from Mr. Bluster himself – Brian Burke. How on earth can he pass on Brendan Morrison at $750k for his 3rd line Centre and instead goes with Tim Brent??

That’s gotta be the weakest group of Centres in the league – Bozak (he of 37 games NHL experience), Grabovski (no need to list his numerous deficiencies), Tim Brent (career minor-leaguer), and Mike Brown (the best thing about him? His moustache).

I cannot wait for the season to start, so everybody here can stop talking about how awesome the leafs are and instead start talking about how terrible the are :)

234. SeriousFan09 says:

But they’re young! Everyone knows it doesn’t matter if only a few of them are real NHL talents as long as you can say you have a young team you’re going to win! Don’t forget their energetic and forward-thinking GM who is a whole two years younger than Pierre Gauthier!

Seriously, I hope they do a little better this year so they don’t hand Boston ANOTHER top 5 pick or we’re going to be killing ourselves battling the team Burke has been equipping.

235. christophor says:

Was thinking the same thing.

Though, him at center might make for a swell 3 line system where first and second line players get 17-20 min and 3rd liners get 15 min.

It could round out his defensive game, meaning he could also make up the time on special teams, maybe starting next year.

How ’bout a Jordan Staal but a little more offensive than defensive? There are plenty of 3rd line wingers on the farm who’ve got a bit of offense to them. White, for one. Maybe Pacioretty.

Pacioretty – Eller – White. None of ‘em are push overs. Could be a line next year. Especially if Andre and Benoit pan out.

236. madcap_habsfan says:

it wasn’t right for cammy to react they way he did either, one shove to get his point across should have been all he did

237. bwoar says:

The retaliations get penalized.  This has been true for, oh, about 100 years.  It doesn’t *matter* why he did it, it was a stupid thing to do. Saying otherwise just makes one (i.e. all Habs fans) look churlish and ignorant.  Which we are, mostly, but it’s bloody tiresome to live down the rep when talking to casual hockey fans, or people over age 12.

Think about it Westy, if a Hab sticked a guy every time they took liberties we’d have had to watch most of the Bulldogs play last year, since the entire team would have incurred multiple suspensions.

The Nino kid will get his, he’ll try the same against Pronger, or against Briere and Mr. Carcillo will be waiting.  Finally he’ll do it to Crosby and get 4-5 games off (after Crosby retaliates and punches him in the nuts from behind.)

1 game is a really lucky result, and we should all be thankful that the NHL turns a blind eye to dangerous usage of one’s hockey when it’s supposed to be used for passing, scoring, checking and shot-blocking.

238. W35T5ID3 says:

i understand that usually its the retaliations that often get the punishments but does that make it right?I think not.

239. LA Loyalist says:

Your point about the retaliation almost always getting the penalty is well taken and I’m sure the coaches are making the point vigorously.

I’m not saying Cammy should have done it, he’s got to be cool – he should have waited in the weeds and been smart a la Kovalev vs Tucker.

But this could be a long year for us and Cammy may have bought himself some room on the ice by going psycho on the guy.

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

240. habs4ever2894 says:

sarcasm perhaps? unless of course you were also being sarcastic in which case i was bieng sarcastic….

241. pmaraw says:

it is possible to be a fan and have an individual opinion, 10 is ridiculous but thats my opinion.  we don’t have 1 collective mind, the halak/price feud highlighted that fact

It’s all Timo’s fault.

243. habs4ever2894 says:

It always is…..

244. jimmy shaker says:

Totally being sarcastic!!!! Love your take on it though….very funny.  Cambpell had  to give him something….one game is more than enough.

Cheers to thursday!

245. jimmy shaker says:

Just tryin to ruffle a few feathers out there tonight…I apologize.  And yes, I’m a very serious habs fan.  Ask my wife….she’s enjoying these last few days of peace and quiet before we all get reved up again!

Shaker

246. habs-hampton says:

Man, I just saw the Boogard spear. He really got nothing for THAT????? That’s shameful!  I’d take a slash across the calf any day!

247. punkster says:

So cammy gets hit with one game
    For simply attempting to maim.
    Now the Leafs they will gloat
    But we’ll still get their goat
    And we’ll wup ‘em real good just the same.

248. Xtrahabsfan says:

Well let’s get on to the game opener vs the Laff’s…..Let’s suppose the Habs get their respective asses handed to em and Price does the deer in the headlight thing ;oh and we get beat -up as well…what would you like to see changed ?

Let me remind you all that too me nothing is better than  the Habs kicking the sheit outa T.O. ..NUTHING! But I just have this f’n bad  feeling and it started when they traded the guy that got us to the cup …I feel like the team is being run by BRAIN DEAD DREAMERS and its going to be a very upsetting first 20 games….. I HOPE  I’m very wrong! GO HABS GO !

249. TomNickle says:

HAHA…..so UND suspends Danny Kristo for drinking underage in the state of North Dakota.  Ummm……were they thinking of suspending the rest of the team?  Maybe that’s just me hoping that he wasn’t drinking alone.

Interesting that they use a veteran player from their team as an example for the rest of the team.

Perhaps it’s time to move to Hamilton.  If they can’t make better use of his time, he shouldn’t be there for that coaching staff or Athletic Department.

250. TomNickle says:

It’s the first game of the season with no Markov and Cammalleri.  What you don’t do is panic and act like a fly by night fan who only has negative things to say.  You have 81 games left after the first one, and it’s no more important or less important than the 20th or 50th games.

Let me ask you the same question.  Would you react as equally in a positive manner if the Habs blew the Leafs out 5-0?

251. rocketsglare says:

Cammalleri did not have the luxury of instant replay to rein in his anger and subsequent response to

what he perceived at the time to be a deliberate attempt by Niederrieter to injure him. His response

was unfortunate and dangerous, but not unheard of given the historical tendency of players to use

their sticks to settle scores.

Cammalleri has now been suspended and I am sure that after much thought that he regrets his act-

ions. It’s time now to move on and prepare for the Leafs.

p.s. love Cammalleri’s fire.

252. Matt_in_TO says:

I’m calling BS on this suspension.  Cammy or no Cammy, we better still mop the floor with those idiots on Thursday.

- In Price We Trust

253. 100HABS says:

Oooh! a 20-yr-old drinking beer – call the army! I would never have thought about drinking at that age.

254. larisalapointe says:

“it started when they traded the guy that got us to the cup”

I can’t believe it, I watched every game last year and I missed the team I love winning the cup. How did that happen?

255. TomNickle says:

Exactly.  The poor student server who served him probably got expelled too!

What these colleges don’t understand is that highly touted hockey prospects are doing them a favour in helping them to grow the college game.  They are getting an education and that’s tremendously important.  But that’s just it.  It’s a mutual back scratching effort.  And if the schools like UND get to the point where they think their shite doesn’t stink, they’re gonna have some problems.

This kid could have been playing professional hockey right now.  They need to respect that at the very least.  If a 20 year old wants to have a beer.  You aren’t gonna stop them.

alternate universe, you know, a few molsons and it’s stan lee all over again!!!!

257. K-hab25 says:

LMAO!!! You didn’t know he won the cup and gold in the olympics. He’s a SUPERSTAR!! DAHH!! :-)

258. Ayan_SB says:

You can die for your country but you can’t legally have a beer.

259. Say Ash says:

nothing is better than  the Habs kicking the sheit outa T.O.” Really? Do you remember how we did head-to-head in ’93? I don’t. In ’86? Me neither.

260. SeriousFan09 says:

He’ll be in Hamilton next season, UND is a well-ranked program and I doubt this issue will come up again, I doubt he wasn’t drinking in his freshman year, there was probably some ***hole raising a stink so they had to ‘punish him’ by forbidding from playing in exhibition against a Canadian college team they mopped the floor with anyway. Toews and Parise both had a pair of seasons at UND before breaking into pro hockey and it seemed to serve well. This year, Kristo will break out with better than PPG I imagine, than join his old USHL teammate Louis Leblanc and dominate the AHL together.

261. larisalapointe says:

Thanks man for telling me! I guess I’m just a BRAIN DEAD DREAMER. lol

262. Say Ash says:

Kristo, just make sure you tell everyone it was Molson’s.

263. larisalapointe says:

hahahaha, I have to admit that I had to look Stan Lee up. lol

264. HabFanSince72 says:

Did the Islanders coach get a suspension for sending his goon out to jump Lars Eller?

265. oshawahabsfan says:

Unfortunately it has to be in the last five minutes for the league to even think about it, another fantastic rule

266. Xtrahabsfan says:

Arg….let’s just change the cup to the big show ,shall we …lol

267. davecessna says:

I’m looking forward to what Jack Todd is going to write about Cammy’s suspension.

Pressure should be on the leafs… you know, they are opening at home, long ceremony, they are expected to win the cup.

269. kmachabs27 says:

im reaally reeealllllyyyy liking our 3rd and 4th lines….just pure speed and grit…and about double the toughness from last year….which hopefully leads to more scoring…aka Laps and Eller

270. SeriousFan09 says:

This Cup? They might have a shot!

271. HabFanSince72 says:

That’s like looking forward to a colonoscopy.

272. HabFanSince72 says:

To those of you worried about going into T.O. without Cammi and Markov I say this.

We’re not going into T.O. without Cammi and Markov.

We’re going into T.O. without Cammi, Markov, and Halak!

(Doomed. We’re doomed I tell ya.)

273. The Teacher says:

Welcome back :)

274. _Habsoloutly_ says:

No this cup,  it goes to the team that displays the most suckulence over the course of the season.

275. TOEmastro says:

limericks are fine and dandy, but make it a haiku and I’ll be impressed

276. larisalapointe says:

I don’t know if you’re joking but here goes.

I seem to remember the last two games in the season against TO were 2 shoot-out losses. Guess who was in nets?

277. Chorske says:

Colonoscopies are more about looking backward.

278. HugeHabsFan says:

When I read a comment such as yours, I so wish HIO had a “like” button, lol.

………..

“Thank you Cammy for making my day even more amazing!”

I STILL BELIEVE. I WILL ALWAYS BELIEVE.

Cammalleri: “I almost feel bad for a guy who plays an NHL career without experiencing what it’s like to be a Montreal Canadien”.

279. Matt_in_TO says:

I know this one!!!

- In Price We Trust

280. habaholic68NJ says:

Timo.  You out there?  Last year you and I continually ragged about how useless JM was with his outdated SYSTEM. Destroying the confidence of young players, showing no emotion and lack of involvement from the bench, having the D give up the blueline too readily, backing into our goalie, playing the wings too deep in the defensive zone etc.  Yet, he got us deeper in to the playoffs than we have since the advent of the little blue pill.  What say you now about JM now?  Has your tide changed since the core players gelled around his SYSTEM in the playoffs last year and because of the new bottom 6 options now available to him?

281. Chorske says:

So Kristo drank.

Trying to care, but failing

Miserably.

282. Bugs says:

Hey! Jack Todd ain’t the enema here!

283. Bugs says:

He should get a suspension for sending out that whole roster.

Except that Niederreiter kid; he was friggin amazing.

Say, why’d he disappear second half of the game anyways?

284. twocents says:

Puns really aren’t your strongest suit.

You got plenty of strong suits. Just not the puns so much.

285. Bugs says:

Since you’re in TO, you must first identify who you’re referring to before we concur.

286. Bugs says:

You sayin I pulled that enema pun outta my azz?

287. mike g says:

K guys, very important question tonight…..

I’m in a fantasy pool, and i got proposed a trade. I send Eric Johnson to my friend’s team for Pavel Kubina.

My pool counts Goals, Assists, Points, Powerplay Goals, and GWG.

Do I make the swap or not?

oh and btw, I agree and don’t agree with the Cammy suspension. (there we go. now I’m agreeing with everyone.)

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

288. joeybarrie says:

We are also missing Souray, Ryder, SK, Higgins and Tanguay… Wow, we are in trouble…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

289. Everlasting1 says:

Yes, they can buy a gun without a permit at 18, but can’t drink till 21. Good ole US of A.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

well… the only way to see if it was a fluke or not would be to wait until the end of this year. It’s the same thing people were throwing in my face when Carbo “led” Habs to the conference title only to get gloriously bounced by the Bruins in 4 the following year. I do not like or trust JM. I think it was the heroics of some players that got us that far last year. JM’s System did not adjust to play the Flyers who played completely different hockey from Wash and Pittsburgh.

So for now I will stay with my last year’s opinion of JM, PG and the rest of the management gang.

291. Bugs says:

Yeah, but the leafs are going with…the leafs.

We should be alright.

292. TomNickle says:

Right, and now if he ever gets seen at a Montreal, Hamilton or Toronto bar he’ll have a drinking problem.

You’ve painted a very interesting picture of a potential whistle blower.  To be quite honest there’s very likely more to this story than Kristo being caught with a beer or liquor.  It’s very likely that he did something stupid while intoxicated, but that’s not the point.

This time of year, at school, the chances of him being in a group of people that didn’t include any teammates and the probability of him being the only one drinking or taking part in a stupid act due to drinking, are ridiculously slim.

But throwing the vet under the bus going into what you suggest should be a breakout season for him is the less than classy thing to do.  They’re perceived to have a great program sure, because they’ve aided in the development of a few NHLers and have enjoyed success.  Kids can go to a CHL team that will move heaven and earth to sweep this kind of thing under the rug, and in the future, Kristo may very well be a guy who encourages kids to do that.

293. habs4ever2894 says:

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

294. SeriousFan09 says:

That’s a tough one, Johnson could have his breakout year with St. Louis but Kubina is going to get PP time with a ton of offensive weapons in Tampa Bay. Given age, career highs and such, I think Johnson would be my choice with top time in STL and breakout potential.

295. mike g says:

Ya, that was my 1st reaction…..

But I have Stamkos and Lecavalier in my team already. Add Kubina, and that’s a ton of Powerplay points right there.

That’s the only reason why I’m considering this deal. If Tampa scores a PP goal, I’m guranteed minimum one point in the pool.

That, and Guy Boucher gets one more vote for the Jack Adams.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

296. mike g says:

It’s an even tougher choice than that…

Like I wrote below, I’ve got Stamkos and Vinny already.

PP points like crazy if I’ve got Kubina.

But, like YOU said, Johnson could put up 50 pts this year. He’s put up 38 n 39 in his 1st 2 years, on bad ST-Louis teams…

Very tough choice.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

297. Bugs says:

There once was a cat named a-Kessel.

Against Burkie’s breast, he would nestle

Content with the thought

That for what he was got

He’d never ever touch the big vessel.

298. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Any chance Cammy appeals the decision and plays Thursday?

when’s the last time a player’s appeal made a difference?

300. -Kevin says:

I have a similar type of pool, and I have both Erik Johnson and Pavel Kubina on my team. I picked Eric Johnson before Kubina, and I think he’s gonna produce more. He’s on the incline, Kubina is on the decline.

Don;t forget MAB.

302. mike g says:

Yes, but….

Tampa’s got no other d-man to play the point on the PP. Whether Kubina plays good or bad, he will be on the 1st unit. Ohlunds got a busted knee, and I don’t think they’ll put Hedman there just yet. So seeing that Vinny will play the point with Kubina, and I’ll have both those guys on my team, it makes for a ton of PP points.

And Johnson, seeing that he’s young and playing on a young team in St-Louis, they may opt to put Brewer, Colaiacovo, or someone else on the PP instead of Johnson if he starts off slow. Plus, I have nobody else from ST-Louis.

But the thing I like to look at the most is who’s in their division. Kubina will play 6 games vs teams like ATL, CAR, WSH and FLA. Those are weak teams, with weak PK units. So Tampa’s PP could easily rape that division.

Johnson and the Blues play 6 games each vs NSH, DET, CHI, and CLB. All are very good defensive teams, if not the best. So scoring PP goals vs those teams will likely be tougher.

I know I may be looking too much into this, but wtv I’m bored n I’m 22 years old. I’m sure if I had a house to pay for I wouldn’t think like this, lol.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

303. Bugs says:

Ewww, gross!

304. Bugs says:

Appeal for review, and you run the risk of gettin more.

No chance.

Quite self-satisfied, I smirk as

It took MAB one season to accomplish what it it took Breezer years to achieve.

306. LA Loyalist says:

I’ve been thinking that JM actually adjusted to the players he had, dog’s breakfast that it was (and to an extent still is – though of course they had to buy in) whereas Carbo did not adjust to the players — and I was no fan of Martin, I wanted Guy Boucher, if we were going to suffer with a young team they may as well grow old together. :)

That said, we did not match up well with Philly, plus the guys were gassed. I’m not sure it’s fair to blame Martin for not adjusting. We did not have Markov.

My fantasy is that if we’d still had Koivu and a healthy Markov instead of Gomez, we might have done it.

It’s fun to dream, sometiimes.

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

I still can’t believe we traded Huet.

308. LA Loyalist says:

That’s hilarious. Thank you. I thought I was the only one that’s worried.

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

309. -Kevin says:

Haha you definitely read into this more than me.

I figure if Johnson starts off the year strong, as I expect he will, he should get some solid PP action. I also have David Perron on my team, picked him up late and he’s sitting on my bench, but after his pre-season I may just be starting him.

310. LA Loyalist says:

Guys – speaking of colonoscopies – I just had one and nearly bit the tip of my tongue off while knocked out.

Be careful out there!

And the guy didn’t even buy me a drink first.

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

311. SeriousFan09 says:

I can’t believe he’s getting 5.625 million to play in the Swiss League this year. Or that the guy who signed the contract has been entrusted with a team that’s teeteered on bankruptcy for years.

312. LA Loyalist says:

Teams made or failed to make the playoffs last year on the last night of the season – that’s only one or two points baby.

As of this Thursday it’s live ammo and it’s never too soon to start winning — despite what Carey Price says.

“20 Games to a new tagline”

313. TomNickle says:

Haha, you’re such a donkey.

Tell your gerbil that Jason Spezza says hi.

314. TOEmastro says:

Wait… does that mean MAB was better than Breeze?

315. TOEmastro says:

*slow clap*

I tip my hat to you

316. ABHabsfan says:

Keep Johnson IMO, He is on the way up and Kubina has sen his best days.

317. VancouverHab says:

The Good the Bad and the Ugly

• TIMO is posting again: Good (much of the time)
    • BUGS changed his avatar: Bad (familiarity breeds content……ment)
    • CESSNA says that he’s “looking forward” to a Jack Todd column. Ugly (the thought of it, not Cessna himself.)
  318. TomNickle says:

Oh, and just further proof that you do nothing but talk out of your ass is that the New York Rangers were the only team in the NHL to come within two points of a playoff spot and fall short.

Considering the Rangers had a shootout to make or break whether or not they made the playoffs, you’re wrong.

319. habs001 says:

last year first two games of the season toronto and buffalo …price played great but we were badly outplayed and out shot in both games. but won…untill we have markov and pk in the line up at the same time i just dont see why we are not going to be outshot and dominated in our zone..overall d speed is brutal…

320. andrewberkshire says:

Better at sucking, yeah.

321. TomNickle says:

Picard and O’Byrne are brutal.  Let’s hope they don’t play key roles.

322. scrowe21 says:

Plus Spacek and sometimes Gill…giving up 2 on 1s or breakaways every second shift.

——–

My spinorama shootout goal with Cammy

323. TomNickle says:

If you think Spacek is brutal you can’t be helped.  That guy was the mvp of the Capitals series.  He showed in the last pre-season game that the first two were rust.

324. habsperspective says:

Hammer aint much better.  Our D is kind of inept!

40-50-60 shots rountinely on Halak last spring demonstrates, and of course it really doesnt help knowing its Price in net…for now!

325. andrewberkshire says:

I still can’t believe we traded Roy.

326. habsperspective says:

Does it even count as a trade, considering it was draft pick, that I beleive we got schneider for a half season, before letting him walk.

I think its more accurate to say we gave him away…Just like Saku, Kovalev, Tanguay, and Lang, the season previous.

327. SeriousFan09 says:

How about just anyone we traded between 1989 and 1999?

328. andrewberkshire says:

Not exactly a true statement. The Canadiens gave up over 40 shots 3 times in 19 playoff games. Nothing to brag about but certainly not as ‘inept’ as you suggest. Over 50 shots once, and all 3 times that 40 or more shots were given up it was to the most dominant offensive team in the NHL.

329. Bugs says:

I still can’t believe this isn’t butter!

330. TomNickle says:

I can’t believe we traded Josef Balej.

331. SeriousFan09 says:

Letting him walk with a bum shoulder at 40 that couldn’t stick on a VAN roster hurting for puck-moving defencemen and ended up playing for the Manitoba Moose for part of his season. Lang had a bad achilles tendon and at his age it wasn’t the best idea to bet on a solid recovery. Tanguay didn’t want to sacrifice for the team when it mattered most (Playoffs of 2009), Kovalev dithered in negotiations so Gainey signed our new captain and Saku was let go because he wasn’t a long-term option for a Top 6 player on the team.

332. andrewberkshire says:

Well sir, it seems you don’t have a very sophisticated pallet.

333. Bugs says:

Dang, Berkie, you don’t pull punches, do you?

Jeez, gettin all gangsta on me…

334. j2w4habs25 says:

The Habs Vs Leafs on Thursday, cant wait for the season to begin… I hope theres alot of supporters there ;)

335. Da Hema says:

What’s with the new avatar Bugzed?

————————

Nigel Tufnel: It really puts perspective in things, doesn’t it?

David St. Hubbins: Oh, too much. Too much fu*king perspective.

–This is Spinal Tap

336. oshawahabsfan says:

I’ll be crashing the outdoor party with some friends, add a little bleu, blanc, et rouge to the celebration

337. habsperspective says:

Im just saying we were outshot 2-1 lots nights…I could of swore halk had 50 saves atleast twice, game 6 of the Caps series come to mind, for one, and I thought another time against Pittsburgh.

338. habsperspective says:

I wasnt saying we should of kept him, just that he was essentially what we got for Huet.  And the rest, well, it is what it is. We seem to over pay for players when we get them, but give them up for nothing. Moore last season, a second round pick, and he walks also, comes to mind.

339. Bugs says:

Same thing that was up with the last one.

Pure frenchinicity, baby.

340. Matt_in_TO says:

Spacek = this year’s MAB

- In Price We Trust

341. Matt_in_TO says:

Sorry, I thought it was clear that idiots = team that hasn’t won the Cup since the league expanded to more than 6 teams.

- In Price We Trust

342. andrewberkshire says:

He didn’t have anywhere near a 50 save game against Pittsburgh.

343. Bugs says:

Hey, whoa, easy now, Tommy.

It’s all fun’n’games and everyone’s havin a good time and all, but some things shouldn’t be joked about, mate.

So tread carefully.

344. andrewberkshire says:

Ne’er been one to pull punches Bugs, shows disrespect to the opposition.

345. Bugs says:

Oh, yeah! I gotcha now, baby!

Those idiots are goin DOWN, I hear what you sayin!

We’re talkin about the leafs, right?

346. Bugs says:

Hey, I always knew you were a badazz, Berkie, but…man, my MOMMA doesn’t talk about my pallet, yo.

You’re out there, man; you don’t care about nuthin.

347. andrewberkshire says:

Rebel without a cause man, I’m dangerous. Look at me the wrong way and I’ll Cammalleri you’re ankle.

348. Da Hema says:

MAB did give suckitude a new dimension…

————————

Nigel Tufnel: It really puts perspective in things, doesn’t it?

David St. Hubbins: Oh, too much. Too much fu*king perspective.

–This is Spinal Tap

349. TorontoHabsFan says:

Know how we keep saying we need good seasons from Pouliot and Kostitsyn, otherwise we’ll be in a fight for 8th? Well Toronto has to hope and pray that Bozak and Kulemin improve greatly or they’re guaranteed to be another lottery team.

Burke is almost a tragic hero – his hubris will be his downfall. Nobody seems to remember that the draft day Kessel for Kaberle trade was scuttled because Chiarelli wanted to swap picks (Toronto’s pick that season for Boston’s the next), and Burke thought he could squeeze the draft pick without giving one up.

Think about it – Toronto could have had a 1st line of Versteeg-Seguin-Kessel and the 14th pick in this year’s draft. But because Burke is the smartest guy in the room the only prospect in the pipes is Kadri, they face another year with no 1st rounder, and they’ll likely lose Kaberle for nothing at season’s end (or at best, a low level prospect/2nd round pick at the deadline).

350. HabFanSince72 says:

Also he could have had Kessel for a 1st a 2nd and a 3rd with an offer sheet, but the old windbag had hurled so much abuse at Kevin Lowe for making an offer sheet that he couldn’t very well do the same thing.

351. Nina76 says:

Funny thing when I saw that picture I thought the same thing w35t51d3 it did bring a smile to my face, same thoughts

352. W35T5ID3 says:

get a haircut

353. bwoar says:

Way to go, reactionary Habs fans, for piling on yet more disgrace to already disgraceful fanbase.  Pretending that Nino’s actions previous to Cammalleri’s slash have any bearing at all will make so many more hockey conversations just that much more thrilling this year.

A sincere kudos to all who see that a slash is a slash, a cheapshot is a cheapshot and the crest on the jersey changes nothing.  I know there are plenty of you, thank you again for your sanity.

What a selfish play.  JM defends him, fine.  But he’s hurt his team with this act, no matter what led to it.

354. CBrady12 says:

heaven forbid canadiens fans would defend him eh…

355. W35T5ID3 says:

DUDE , IT TAKES 2 TO TANGO.

CAMMY WOULDNT HAVE JUST WENT ALL STICK HAPPY ON THE OTHER GUY FOR NO REASON….

WATCH THE VID….

THE CRIME HAPPENS BEFORE THE RETALIATION.

OPEN YOUR EYES.

356. LA Loyalist says:

And our small skill players are just supposed to take crap and cheap shots from any 4th line player with an attitude?

The cheap shots on Koivu and Zednik probably cost us playoff series, lest ye forget.

Yes our guys have to be smart, but it’s going to be a long year if the rest of the league thinks they can run our best players with disposable 4th line guys.

Ironically, given my “non” vote on Price, it’s the one area where he is definitely a better bet than Halak, being large and hopefully a bit of Billy Smith in the making.

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

357. aemarchand11 says:

Rules are in place for high sticks,spearing and slashing. At the time when Savard and Booth received the blindside head shots there were no rules in place.

Do I agree with a one game suspension? Yes and No, because while the player was not injured, Cammalleri still deliberately came very close to high sticking him AND THEN slashing him.

Yeah, it was a stupid thing to do since the NHL is so fickle with some of its suspension calls. But at the end of the day, he was pissed off for whatever reason and he god caught up in the heat of the moment. I like the fact that he still went after him, tried to initiate contact (Maybe a little scrap?) and when that all failed sent the guy a message.

Sticks are used all the time by most players as weapons in hockey, whether its slashes, cross checks to the lower back, high sticks or spears. So the argument that he is a coward for using his stick, doesn’t really fly with me.

2010-2011

358. krob1000 says:

Leafs Goal scored by Brian Burke assisted by the Gary Bettman and the Toronto Sports Media……

359. LA Loyalist says:

That’s why I called one game – they just want to give the Leafs a leg-up at the fire hydrant.

We had better smack ‘em Thursday night.

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

360. avatar_58 says:

I don’t know about you guys, but like with lapierre I’m keeping an eye on future suspensions and missed suspensions. Strike 1? Boogard’s ball-strike on Neil.

361. bwoar says:

It’s be a cold day in hell before they do it intelligently.

362. W35T5ID3 says:

…and intelligence is something you obviously do not have.

363. bwoar says:

…or just something you can’t recognize?

364. W35T5ID3 says:

….oh i can recognize it alright….but not from t-rex…the brain the size of a pea.No wonder you guys are extinct.

365. SeriousFan09 says:

Difference between Habs and Leafs, if we lose our top goal scorer we can actually survive, could you imagine the meltdown in Loafs nation if they lost Kessel for a stretch and I’m not talking about the team, just the fans alone although the team itself would be pretty much screwed.

366. LA Loyalist says:

Hey – they still have Grabovski :)

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

367. Danno says:

Cammy’s just going to have to calm down and eat his soup — then get ready for the Penguins.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

368. SeriousFan09 says:

The Calgary Flames have signed Brendan Morrison as you can never have enough guys who aren’t up to par at being Iginla’s center.

369. likehoy says:

is langkow still out injured?

it’s a good depth move…morrison had 42 points last year on a deep capitals team, he could probably put up 35-45 points again this year…a team starved for offense will take it where they can get it.

- I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

370. krob1000 says:

what did the Boogard incident get? the attempted castration of Chris Neil  from behind? that happened on the same night but seems to have slipped under the radar….anyone hear what the Boogie man got for this yet or when his hearing is…be curious to see how that plays out…

I kind of expected a game just based on the optics, the media coverage nowadays, the fact there were two incidents on the same play, etc but the fact that there is no mention of Nino’s hit anywhere given the supposed hot button topic it is right now  and the fact that Boogards incident seem to be back page news really ticks me off…and then when you consider what goes without getting suspensions…this doesn’t deserve one…common sense tells me it should but why is common sense only applied ona case by case basis in the NHL? that is where I have a problem here…..in light of this, Boogards reputation,etc and the fact he targeted a mans reproductive system…….should be quite a whopper shouldn’t it?

371. likehoy says:

i blame ilya kovalchuk’s contract

- I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

372. Exit716 says:

Screw Campbell. Why is some fourth rate shit defenseman in charge of league discipline? What the hell does he know about being a great player? He was garbage.

It is done, its over. We are wounded as a club, lesson learned. Move on.!

It gives an opportunity to one of our kids to step up in the real show. Lets take these 2 points home Thursday night.

374. Danno says:

Good stuff Ian!

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

375. W35T5ID3 says:

You da man Ian!

376. CBrady12 says:

Predictions for thursday? …I’m tired of arguing bout things we have no control over…4-1 habs

377. LA Loyalist says:

You think? I didn’t realize Auld was playing.

(kidding)

378. habs4ever2894 says:

its going to go to OT….My prediction 4-3 Laffs on a PP which shouldn’t have been called.

379. bwoar says:

Cheap shots happen, one must be smarter in retaliation.  Yes, damn straight you get payback.  Ya gotta!  But don’t be an idiot, lose your cool and do it so foolishly.