Cammalleri, Bergeron in, Moen out

Michael Cammalleri is back in his usual spot on left wing on a line with Tomas Plekanec and Andrei Kostitsyn while Marc-André Bergeron is on the fourth line with Glen Metropolit and Sergei Kostitsyn. Both are expected to play Wednesday in Buffalo.

Travis Moen won’t be in Buffalo. He suffered a cut to his forehead from Matt Cullen’s skate.

Moen’s spot on the third line will be filled by Mathieu Darche.

AUDIO: Mike Cammalleri | Jacques Martin

1. TomNickle says:

Going strictly by cap hit and the captains I can remember.  The following are captains and highest paid on their respective rosters.

Chara, E.Staal, Iginla, Nash, Lidstrom, Horcoff(I think he’s captain), Mccabe, Vinny, Luongo(haha) and Ovechkin

2. Say Ash says:

They say Gill is the life of the lockeroom – teaching everyone the pose, I guess?

3. SeriousFan09 says:

Cammalleri back in the lineup, all is well with the world.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

4. mike g says:

Yes it does.

So our votes go to Michel Cammalleri?

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

5. pic1983 says:

Agreed.  My biggest frustration this year has been the inconsistent effort.  Theyll beat jersey 4-1 on a friday night, in JERSEY, than beat washington the next night, and then lose back to back games to florida and tampa.  We go 7-1 after the olympics, and than lose back to back games to toronto and a real stinker to ottawa (if we lost a tight one to ottawa, that happens, but our effort last night was abysmal).

I think thats the main frustration, this team is a bit two-faced at times, and you never know which one you are going to get.

6. TomNickle says:

I think that’s why Cammalleri will get it.  The age factor being the biggest reason.  I certainly don’t have a problem with it.   I think maybe the other thing that sets him apart is embracing the pressure.  He said that he came here because he wanted to be in a pressure cooker to see what he can get out of himself.  That says a lot about a person.

7. longtimehabsfan says:

The guy who leads in the clubhouse.  Don’t know who that is but maybe Boone or Stubbs know as they are closer to the team.

8. Say Ash says:

Curiously, how many teams have their highest-paid player as their captain?

Markov’s better as a silent leader. Gionta’s worthy – sets a good example by hussling like nobody’s business. Gomez is good, too. He’s suddenly been our enforcer out there. But I just like the sound of Captain Cammalleri, even though my brain cramps every time I try to spell his name. He oozes class, gives good interviews. He loves hangin’ out with the allumni. His bilingual twitter won many points, too. I’ll admit, I’m having my biggest man-crush in years.

And did anybody notice the RDS player profile Dominic Moore did in French? I had no idea he could speak, and pretty well, too.

9. joeybarrie says:

Captain Cammalleri is my choice. Your points are exactly why i feel this is the right guy. Plus he leads by example as our biggest scorer. Gio is a good option, he doesn’t quit. I like the focus on Cammalleri, Gio comes around out of nowhere and has almost as many goals as Camma.

For some reason I am really pulling for him.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

10. sillywalk says:

We should only sign French-Canadian players, too. They’re still the best players in the league, right? So we have a French GM, a French coach and all French players. What excuse will be used next when the team sucks? That we were missing a French doctor?

11. DONJUAN says:

I almost fainted when I saw moen get hit in the face.  He’ll be back prettier than ever.

In HABS we trust.

12. mike g says:

The logical choice is Gionta. Like you said he doesn’t quit. But I think there is one problem, mon ami Tom:

Immagine this: He’s named captain next year. He’s currently 30, and will be 35 when his 5 year deal expires, if I’m not mistaken with the ages. We can clearly say he’s at the tip of his prime right now, and around 32-33 players start the slow decline. It’s normal, human nature lol. To start off he’s not the biggest guy, and neither was our last captain. He will surely not score 40+ goals per year, infact he’ll push for 30 every year, probably not too many more. How will the “fans” and media feel towards him when he’s making 5 million$, is our captain, and is slowly declining towards the end of his contract? We saw how they treated Koivu. Not to mention Gionta never said publicly he’s learning french like Cammy and Gomez.

So immagine that. In 5 years we’ll be in the same captain-less position. The media will crush him like they do best, and theres no way he’ll want to return. Then, we’ll be in search again. That’s why, the best long tern solution, I guess, would be Cammy. He’s 27, signed for 6 years, and also seems to be a great leader. Also, chances are if he has success here he’ll probably re-sign once his contract is over. He’ll be 33 at that time.

So while I think Gionta’s the logical guy, I think Cammy is a better long term fit. What do you think Mr Nickle?

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

13. lach60 says:

I’ll say gomez just cause he doesn’t back down from anyone and actually has a french tutor…and of course the experience in the playoffs he’s a leader

gionta would be my other choice class act that guy

14. Le Jadester says:

Don’t know….but him and Gio were skating really hard last night.  They both looked dangerous.

Habs, OLE !

15. SLONCOLD says:

I’m with you on Gionta. Good with the media, never die attitude on the ice. He’s committed to mtl for atleast 4 more years.

16. Jbell10 says:

I want Cammy, super classy in front of the cameras, gives er’ every damn night,  involved in the community, bleeds for the team and he is always looking to get better. Thats a Cap to me.

17. lach60 says:

hahaha well said, well said

18. TomNickle says:

Based on what you guys see on and off the ice.  Who’s your choice for captain.  Not who you think will get it, but who do you want to get it?

I don’t mind the idea of giving it to Gomez just because it would establish a sound payroll structure where nobody would get paid more than him.  That’s a silly financial reason though.

I really think that Mike Cammalleri is the choice.  He’s not too young or too old.  Under contract for a while.  And I was bored the other day and checked out his twitter page.  He’s learning French.  He might just be “The Guy”.

My choice is Brian Gionta though.  The man doesn’t quit.

19. sillywalk says:

Don’t waste your time on HIO, Carey, get back to practice so that you’re ready for your next start.

20. lach60 says:

maxwell, white, pyatt, and pacioretty are all gonna be great 2 way forwards.  they have gainey written all over them and thats the team he wanted.  he did a good job drafting most of the time anyways…i mean a.kost going where he went is beyond me.

but anyways montreal alwyas finished the middle of the pack when they weren’t very good and you can’t expect to pick up a sure all star in those spots.

d’agostini wasn’t really a bust either he didn’t do much in hamilton point wise i doubt that’d mean he’d be better in mtl.

21. TomNickle says:

Don’t waste your time with that clown Bugs.  2 losses and all the crazies come back.  You know the drill.  We won 6 in a row and they go away, lose a couple and everybody and their gerbil come back to the fray in vain attempts to start fights that they can’t finish or even hold their own in.

How’s your afternoon going?

22. HabFanSince72 says:

How do the Leafs have a bright future? What will be better next year? It’ll be the same team that is 29th in the league this year.

Giggy is washed up, and the Monster is the kind of monster they have on Sesame Street.

Phaneuf, Komisarek, et al, are overpaid and not that good.

You have like 4 goals scorerers among forwards.

Your coach is menopausal: old and cranky.

All you have is your delusions.

23. pic1983 says:

its true, the sharks lost 5-1 to the oilers the other day no? I think it is clear in todays NHL that no matter how good you are, if you underestimate your opponent, you will lose.

The habs were guilty of that the last two games.

24. J Haul says:

hahaha… does no one else see how funny this is? Nicely done man.

25. Mattyleg says:

Biggie, another way of saying “we suck worse” is “we are better”.

Try it, it’ll make you feel better!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

26. Jbell10 says:

hahaha, ya its great. If I could pull off that look I would go for it.

27. sholi2000.com says:

Ah look below and see who is back with yet another new member status and ID.

How many times is a guy going to be kicked from this site until he understands that he’s not wanted here.

OK lets play where’s Blue_Blanc_et_Rouge, posting in habsentia, guru, and now _____________.  So Sad.

They call me Shane

28. Mattyleg says:

Heh. Nope, you’re a bandwagon burner. ;)

—Hope Springs Eternal—

29. J Haul says:

I love that this guy thinks you’re actually Ashley Shaeffer.

30. Mattyleg says:

Oh Lifey, Lifey, Lifey…

Your lifey must be difficult seeing the glass half-empty all the time. We’re in a better spot now than last year, and significantly better than before Gainey took over. Before last night’s game, we were tied for 5th in the East. With all those bad trades Gainey made. We just won 6 in a row. With the bad trades. Were you yelling at your tv and rending your clothing during that spell, at how badly all Gainey’s trades were doing?

I thought not. Deep breaths, Lifey.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

31. Bugs says:

Who said poor francophone?

How do they teach you guys to read down there?

Poor leafers: “Buildin strawmen since 67.”

I also enjoy how the bold type has come out. It’s the only emphasis you can muster, isn’t it, Jeff?

Well, I’ll let you get back to losing all the time and shaming the game of hockey with your incompetence.

Dubiously unequivocal, know me as

L.B. Potter, esq. First Bugler of the St-Habberson’s Club Red Brigade and Head Coachman to the President of Habsbros Flannel-weaving Services: http://habsbros.blogspot.com/

32. Habscore says:

Like you wrote, the stats since the Olympics is actually very good compared to the other teams. specially with Cammy out, we thought it would be the end of the world, myself included. But the team did a pretty damn well job since his injury.

Yes, I am wondering WTH happened last night and saturday night, but what do we Fans expect? to win every and each game?!! Yes the team needs to play each following game just like a playoff game, but give them a break already. lol

This week won’t be as bad as we think. The Habs will be get stronger and even more motivated with the Cammy and MAB.. Let’s go Boys!!!

33. Jbell10 says:

lol…

first of all, I wish I was as classy as the man in my avatar but unfortunately its not me. You should be ashamed that your making fun of him (Will Ferrell).

Second of all, whats wrong with running a sports shop?  Id love to run a sports  shop.

3rd of all, you are completely wrong about everything you ‘think’ you know about my life and basically everything in general.

Finally, go grab a big warm glass of milk and snuggle up against your  Ron Mclean doll and ur laffs pj’s, you have had a big day.

34. Mattyleg says:

Yes they are. I just dismissed the little b…. darlings.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

35. Mattyleg says:

Well, The Tenderness did spend a good few years with the team, and never seemed to grow up completely. Needed to move out of home to do that. Seems to happen a lot, it’s normal. I HOPE that Pouliot isn’t slipping into the doldrums, and that it’s just a bit of a slump.

I just get a bit tired of all the bandwagon-jumpers. Not pointing fingers. Just tired.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

36. J Haul says:

Hey man,

You know this is a Habs site, right? No one gives a crap about the perpetually irrelevant leafs. Just good for a laugh once in a while, that’s all. If you don’t like it perhaps you should take a jaunt over to the Toronto Sun’s Leafs Upside/Down… oh wait….

37. Say Ash says:

Why does everyone keep making this comparison? It’s 42 more goals than the two would have scored without the trade. Pouliot is producing for us more than Gui ever did, regardless of how he does somewhere else – in another confernece at that!

38. hab lifer says:

didn’t know Pouliot was still 10 years old.

he’s already showing the same traits as in Minn. that’s why they traded him. he floats or haven’t you noticed how slowly he moves after giving up the puck. ajust another bad trade by Gainey, along with all his other bad trades.

39. Mattyleg says:

Not that we want to go breaking our limbs jumping to conclusions, or anything.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

40. Mattyleg says:

I WRITE IN BIG CAPITAL LETTERS!!!! AAAGHHH!!!

I GET OFFENDED EASILY!!!

I’M GOING TO SUPPORT THE WASHINGTON CAPITALS BECAUSE THEY’LL NEVER DISAPPOINT ME!!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

41. nickster13 says:

Toronto maple leafs… canada’s laughing stock!

42. hab lifer says:

you’re too funny. hahahahahaha

43. Mattyleg says:

It’s everywhere on this page for some reason, Slonny.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

44. Mattyleg says:

Lifey,

Way better than Lats was IN MONTREAL. The Tenderness decided to stop playing here, Poliot came in and put him to shame. Who cares how well he’s doing in Minn, he wasn’t doing it here, and it has nothing to do with the team, as Pouliot demonstrated.

Talk about illogical, sometimes just numbers don’t give you the whole story, mate.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

45. hab lifer says:

you wouldn’t know a fan if they shoved 1 up your ass.

a fan is 1 who’s so passionate about their team, that they hate losing, and can differentiate delusion from reality. you’re delusional, hoping every year thgis garbage team will improve, yet THEY NEVER IMPROVE!

realistic is knowing they’re crappy and telling it the way it is! face up. look at the stats. look at who they beat.

THEY ONLY BEAT NON PLAYOFF TEAMS! THEY’RE INCAPABLE OF BEATING GOOD TEAMS!

I DEAL WITH TRUTH WHILE SOME OPF YOU DEAL IN FANTASY LAND!       SICKENING!

46. SLONCOLD says:

uhm you’re good on sarcasm but i don’t believe the hate…

47. Jeff says:

Uh oh, Bugs is pulling out the poor Francophone card.

What a crock, to be able to speak for 2/3 of the fan base, are you serious?

Last time I checked, Quebec wasn’t the only source for Hab fans.

I woulds also venture that 2/3 of Quebecers speak or understand English too.

Desperation breeds grasping at straws.  That’s guaranteed!

Put it away Bugsy.  Get the best coach and GM regardless!

48. Mattyleg says:

It’s bad bad bad!!! Agghhh!!! I hate everything and everyone!!! Baaaagghhh!!!

Trade the team!! Trade the Bell Centre!!! Yaaaaggghhhh!!! Kill the coach!! Boycott Molson!!! Ouuuagghhh!!

Each player except a couple of my favourites doesn’t have heart/skill/attitude/motivation!!! Blerrruggghh!!

The francophones are the problem!!! The media is the problem!!! Not us, the loyal fans!!!

Krrreaaaahhhh!!!

… do I fit in now?

—Hope Springs Eternal—

49. hab lifer says:

don’t ever change your occupation to become a prognosticator.

50. TheDagger says:

7-2-1 since the Olympics!!  Only two teams have a better record in that time!  With Cammy and MAB back the team will only get stronger!  Keep the play-off push going and get everyone on board!  GO HABS!!

“A month before the season I stop putting ketchup on my french fries.” -Mario Lemieux on his off-season training.

51. hab lifer says:

way better? Latendresse has 26 goals. Pouliot has 16 goals and floated the last few games, just like he did in Minn. I wonder about some of the illogical comments here. read the stats man.

52. nickster13 says:

Well Nashville looks OK right now, if they wanted an offensive star they couldve traded some of the boatload of young good players they have. And plus i never got the feel Radulov really wanted to be in the nhl that bad, Id take these more on a per case basis

53. Psycho29 says:

Only one valid reply to the above:   1967

Since 1967 Montreal has been to 11 Cup finals, won 10 out of 11….

The Leafs have been to how many Cup finals since ’67?  NONE….

From that good old convicted felon owner Harold Ballard to the Maple Leaf Gardens sex scandal involving young boys (google Gordon Stuckless), which many employees including Ballard turned a blind eye to, the Toronto Maple Leafs are Canada’s disgrace.

Just because CBC and TSN act like Toronto is the ‘centre of the universe’ doesn’t make it so.

And do you really think Brian Burke is building a winning team? Keep trading away those draft picks, Burkie! Ask the Rangers about trying to buy a winning team….doesn’t work.

54. coachdoug says:

Good to see Cammy back in the line-up…Like to that line get going again…really hope AK46 gets out of the snakebit funk he is in…

“Vive le col roulé! Le système, C’est le col roulé!”

55. Bugs says:

I like it when people repeat what I say to them back at me.

It means they’re well aware my words have more impact than theirs.

And that flatters me.

Thanks, Jeff.

Back to losing you go now.

Dubiously unequivocal, know me as

56. coachdoug says:

I agree…Benoit has also had to deal with the loss of his dad at a young age…people need to be patient and give him time…he has done great this year and will continue to play well…

“Vive le col roulé! Le système, C’est le col roulé!”

57. Game 7 says:

Let’s put the hockey debate aside for a second and discuss something far more relevant in your posts. You ask for intelligent responses to a paragraph that had little to no punctuation and seemed like rambling. So to respond intelligently, your post would have to have been intelligent in the first place.

Secondly, let’s talk about your behaviour. It’s one thing to come on these boards as a Leafs fan and try to stir the pot in order to feel good about your team or to debate some issues. It’s another thing entirely for you to come on here and suggest that one of our most beloved posters needs to receive counselling and is a bigot in their everyday life. That, sir, is unacceptable. If you hadn’t noticed, you, yourself are promoting stereotyping by assuming that all Habs fans are ungentlemanly such as Jonathan Roy.

I sincerely suggest you go out in the world and find a relevant topic to debate and in the meantime maybe you can take a class on manners and politeness. Then come back here and try again when you can debate people without needing to resort to personal insults and generalizations.

58. j2c says:

I don’t really understand why Pouliot is being bashed…I mean sure he hasn’t been great and maybe even bad for a few games at most 3 games but he is way better then Latendresse ever was for Montreal. He might be in a slump, but I think he will be fine and he will get out of his mini slump. I think the fans just need to give him time to get his groove back, I mean he’s young and it happens to all players at some point in the season.

59. Jeff says:

Infantile!

Looked up, yup lots of Cup banners up in the ACC too.

Old ones though, we’ll get another before you guys, na na na na hey hey hey good bye!

60. Axeman says:

Man, I love “the sky is falling” attitude that seems to prevail after the Habs lose.  “Trade the team”!  “The goalie sucks”!  “Fire Martin”!

ALL teams lose games.  The defending Stanley Cup champs lost last night.

That being said, the Habs came out flat last night, and not much better on Saturday against the Loafs.  Lapierre’s being on the ice have anything to do with that?  Maybe …. the only thing keeping him on this team (as far as I’m concerned) is the name on the back of his jersey.

AK has been more cold than hot since his return from injury … wonder if the Habs are keeping him around ’cause of his brother?

I predicted at the beginning of the season (to friends and family … I have no way of proving this here ;) That the Habs would end up in 6th by the time the playoffs started.  I’m sticking to that prediction.

61. Jeff says:

Ha! Love it, another one joins the losers group.

Gotta say your avatar indicates a definite need for a trip to the barber shop. Drop the tint toooooo much!

You obviously are over 40 and it is clearly a detriment to any credibility you try to maintain.

You must be on welfare or run a sports shop selling Habs jerseys or seadoos….buahhhh!

Do like the glasses though,

62. RiverviewCanadien says:

Amen Mike!

I hate it when fans are on and off quicker than a hookers’ panties on dollar days!

Funny how so many fans only come out to dump on them, but when they are playing well, they really keep it quiet. I know they played like crap, but I also know they got 15/20 pts in their last 10 games…not bad despite the always shifting roster due to injuries.

Can’t wait, driving up from NB over night Fri to see Sat game with my Dad!

63. ed lopaz says:

if i was russian and talented i would probably be very happy playing in the khl, making a ton of money, living closer to home, living in my laguage, my culture.

i don’t blame them at all.

64. ed lopaz says:

are you the nashville GM? because that’s the trap nashville fell into. get it?

65. RiverviewCanadien says:

Sorry about that, I did not mean to insinuate that you were dumping on anybody, I was just stating my own opinion.

i would have to agree though about Russia and the whole mess with the KHL, but in all honestly, I really don’t blame them. They want to help make their league competitive and most Russians seem very patriotic, but yes money has ALOT to do with it.

Well, I am not sure if everything I have stated is accurate, like I said it is speculation, but living here, you tend to hear all the juice.

66. mike g says:

I bet you weren’t saying that last week when we won 6 in a row….

Why not say, “hey, I hope they can turn it around because they have alot of potential”. Instead, you repeat the same garbage as everyone else says. Just cuz they’re dumbasses, you don’t have to be one..

STFU, and don’t call yourself a fan. You’re a clown.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

67. fun police says:

we knew guys like you would be out in full force after a loss.  keep up the good work.  ak actually played well last night and was quite physical.  will you be around to post when the habs do make the playoffs.

68. Jeff says:

Kulemin & Bozak are kids.  Kadri and another 1st line centre will fill out a strong club for next season.

Your Habs will lose Pleks and possibly other prospects in an attempt to recover some semblance of respectability.

What do you do with Halak or Price, no team has 2 #1′s?

How does your mid-pack non-contender Habs deal with the Pens, Caps, Devils…..IF you make it?

The Leafs actually have a bright future, your Habs seem a little ‘short’ on talent and hope.

69. Say Ash says:

Is it Tyranny Tuesday again?

70. JD_ says:

“From your tone, it is clear that it is a waste of time to respond .”

Jeff. Jefffffff. So much time needlessly wasted, no?

Thanks for all of that. I’ll, however, have to plead ignorance: I had no idea the Loafs were a race. I suppose that renders me an anti-Loafer or something. Are there any pamphlets? Do I get to wear a special hat?

Counselling is too time-consuming. Besides, I find dumping on the Loafs is far more therapeutic; cleansing, really.

Having said all that, the Loafs still suck. If they sucked any harder, the ACC would become a black hole, instantly absorbing all matter in the immediate universe, bending time and space, thus transforming the Milky Way into a vast void.

Speaking of vast voids, next time you’re at the ACC, look up into the rafters.

Still love ya, man.

71. SLONCOLD says:

i think halak will get the start. pretty clear the habs will go with him for the majority of the games. Price will probably get 2 more games this year. Maybe more if he jumps in and plays one heck of a game or once the habs clinch a spot. It’ll be interesting to see. But i think JM is past looking at the stats of one of the goalies versus team X in regards to making a decision about who starts.

I really wonder what’s going on in carey’s head. i feel for the guy a bit. i hope this doesn’t sour him too much towards mtl.

72. Bugs says:

He’s a Louise Ciccone?

What does that mean?

Dubiously unequivocal, know me as

73. Jbell10 says:

Sssshhhh. Someone is a little cranky.

Go to bed little boy where you can dream of lollipops and hills made of chocolat, maybe a playoff birth for your maple pops.

Dont worry summer is coming soon, you will be able to put your floaties on and swim in the big boy pool.

74. hab lifer says:

AK is a total waste of cap space. his head is on another planet. example being last night when he received a breakaway pass and totally muffed it, because he has zero intensity and so lacadaisical. kind of reminds me of Price.

but folks shouldn’t worry about who we play in the playoffs, because there won’t be any playoffs for les crappy habitants!

75. Jeff says:

You continue to babble incoherently, i guess it’s genetic.

There are 29 other losing teams, Bugsy, your Habs will be in that group of losers.

LOSER!