Busy week in net for rookie Price

The Gazette’s Pat Hickey writes that this will likely be the busiest week of Carey Price’s NHL career so far. The rookie goaltender will face the Maple Leafs in Toronto tonight and will then start at home against the Bruins on Saturday night. Head coach Guy Carbonneau said this decision was taken last week after sitting down with his two netminders.

"It’s probably the first time I’ve done that, but we kind of pre-picked the games for the goalies," Carbonneau said.

Price, as usual, was low key about his next two starts.

"It’s a tough building," said Price, whose only action in the ACC came during a 2006 exhibition game.

"It’s another Canadian team and every Canadian rink is tough to play in from what I hear. I’m looking forward, but I’m not treating it differently from every other game. I’m going there to win and so is everyone else."

1. sholi2000.com says:

The more work the better. I would love to see Price and Huet split. Less chance of injury for both goalies.

sholi2000.com
    God Bless Our Infantry

2. RetroMikey says:

To me, Cristobal is still our No.1 goalie. I don’t wish to rush Carey Price in the same situation as what has happened to Rick DiPietro or Marc Andre Fleury, but the kid has really impressed me with his quick maturity sooner than what I anticipated. These 2 upcoming games Carey Price will be playing against Toronto and Boston are the most important games for Bob Gainey and Guy Carbonneau to make a decision who are No. 1 goalie is. I smell a trade brewing involving Cristobal where his trading stock is still high and we could get a good player in return. Don’t be surprised if we trade Cristobal sooner for skillful centreman possibly to compliment Saku Koivu and Christopher Higgins, our no. 1 line which should be producing points.

“We will win the Cup only with Carey Price in the nets”

3. kevin m says:

This guy’s a horse. He doesn’t flop around all game wasting energy. I see him playing 60 games a year in the future.
    I have tremendous confidence in his ability & his development as a premier goaltender in the NHL is coming along nicely.

He’s great positionally & coupled with his size, forces the competition to hit him with the puck. He won’t give up many rebounds, so, if the defence plays solid & limits the opposition to just one shot this team should win more often than not.

The future is bright, indeed.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. nightmare_49 says:

It may be a tough building to play in but the rewards of a victory over the lafs in Hogtown is priceless.

5. J.T. says:

I hope the Habs’ mental changeup in switching goalies trumps the leafs mental tactic of switching sweaters. Why, oh why do these games have to be so psychological? Can’t they just pretend they’re playing Carolina or Philly and pound the crap out of them?

6. Naila Jinnah says:

Ha! If they could just pretend they were playing another team, then there wouldn’t be as much intensity!

No, playing the Leafs is fun, and with Price in nets, hopefully we won’t give in to defeat right away. As I’ve said before, the team rallies around Price.

Either way, we’re in for an excellent game!