Bulldogs’ Gallagher helps fight prostate cancer

Gallagherweb

Hamilton Bulldogs forward Brendan Gallagher will donate $250 for every Bulldogs win and $20 for every Vancouver Giants victory during the month of November to the Canadian Cancer Society for prostate cancer research.

“One of my favourite memories as a kid was seeing my grandpa in the stands at my hockey games,” Gallagher said. “After the game he would give me $20 and I would run to the concession stands and buy popcorn for $5 and bring the other $15 home.”

In addition to the $250 being donated after every Bulldogs win, Gallagher will donate $20 for every Vancouver Giants win in the month of November in memory of his grandfather.

“I am proud that in my last two seasons in junior with the Giants, I was able to help raise $15,000 for prostate cancer research and I hope to continue to raise money in honour of my grandfather”, Gallagher said.

In eight games with the Bulldogs this season, Gallagher has three goals and three assists. The 5-foot-9, 182-pound forward was the Canadiens’ fifth-round pick (147th overall) at the 2010 NHL entry draft.

Fans who want to help Gallagher raise money for prostate cancer research can click here.

The Bulldogs play their next game at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at home against the Syracuse Crunch, a game that will be televised by TVA Sports and will also be available on TSN Radio 690. On Friday, the Bulldogs and Crunch will meet again at the Bell Centre in a 7:30 p.m. start.

In other Bulldogs’ news, forward Louis Leblanc says he should be back on skates “pretty soon.”

“The ankle is healing well,” Leblanc told The Gazette on Monday. “And I’m excited to be back with the team.”

Leblanc was injured on Oct. 20 in a game against the Toronto Marlies.

Meanwhile, The Gazette’s Dave Stubbs has a column on Abe Hefter, the popular voice of CJAD Radio, who suffered a heart attack on Oct. 27, joining Stubbs as brothers in the Cardiac Club. Stubbs suffered a heart attack 10 years ago.

Hefter, who is now back home,  jokes it is an upper-body injury that will keep him out of his station’s lineup for four to six weeks.

Read more by clicking here.

(Photo by Dario Ayala/The Gazette)

1. DorvalTony says:

Love that kid. It’s Movember people!

2. Habfan10912 says:

Mac Bennett named dman of the week.

———————————–

3. scuba says:

Subway series starts tonight on Sportsnet. Two good games form Hudon will make him a lock from the world juniors.

Also it gives the country a chance to see some Nathan MacKinnon magic.

4. HabFab says:

And Serious has his latest prospect rankings out…

5. HabFab says:

And if you are really bored, you can join this debate.
    “What caused the decline of Scott Gomez?”

6. HabFab says:

I see from twitter that Carey is struggling with the feminine and masculine verbs….one of you dudes or dudettes in Montreal care to assist.

7. HabFab says:

RenLavoieRDS – Louis Leblanc (ankle) should be back on skate by the end of the week.

8. HabFab says:

For the conspiracy theorist;

FriedgeHNIC – Was emailed a theory: owners are keeping lockout going until Romney is elected. Then, they create “stimulus” for him. Please God, enough!

• HabFanSince72 says:

I don’t know. I think the American economy does better when there’s no hockey. I think the Yotes are actually solvent right now.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

9. Bripro says:

For all the articles showing optimism, or reservations on said optimism, regarding these negotiations, let’s remember who’s at the helm, and the little Butthead’s history, when it comes to negotiations.
    Einstein said it best: “Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

*********************************************
    “I’m here to tell you: Gary Bettman hasn’t felt this alive since he killed Harry Potter’s parents.”

10. HabFab says:

Last week in review for the Dogs, some talk about Avtsin for those asking earlier;

11. Habfan10912 says:

Stu Hackel checks in with his take on the latest in CBA talks.

———————————–

12. Bripro says:

Cautious optimism for the next round of talks.

*********************************************

13. Adam says:

Hey everyone,
    I don’t post here much but was hoping somebody could help me out. I work part-time as a producer at CJAD, and we’re looking to have somebody from the New York/New Jersey area who was affected by Sandy on tomorrow night. I saw a few posts from members in that region, and since they have a connection to Montreal, I think they’d make for an interesting guest.
    I don’t suppose anybody would be able to put me in touch with one of these folks?

• Bripro says:

I would suggest you repeat your post every couple of hours, since the commentariat visit sporadically.

EDIT: Jim L. (Habfan10912) lives in upper state N.Y. and was affected, mostly from a loss of utilities. But you might try asking him.

*********************************************

• Habfan10912 says:

Adam, i live on the NY/ NJ border and although I didn’t suffer the damage that other areas such as the Jersey Shore and Staten Island did, we lost power, trees and are now dealing with lines at gas stations. Let me know if you’d like to talk further.

———————————–

• Bripro says:

So much for “upper state”…Ooops.

*********************************************

• Habfan10912 says:

Actually Bri, for the City folk it is upstate. :). Where I’m originally from is referred to as Northern NY. Now my friends in Northern MY refer to my new home as downstate. Confused? :)

———————————–

• Bripro says:

Yeah, but it doesn’t take much. Just ask my wife. :)

*********************************************

14. Mattyleg says:

Looks like the big boys are going to sit down together tomorrow and actually talk instead of doing public ‘member-measuring’ to impress the press.

Which will be nice.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• Bripro says:

Hey! I closed my eyes, and when I opened them, there was text in your blog…. wow. cool….

*********************************************

• Mattyleg says:

Nodding off in front of the computer, Bri?
        You let your defences down, and I pounced.

…Interninja strikes again…

(sound of wind through bamboo and distant chimes)

—Hope Springs Eternal—

15. SmartDog says:

Want a pleasant dose of the reality of hockey and what the game means to players?

See this really nice clip of (Caps coach) Adam Oates, talking about the memories that stand out in his hall-of-fame career as he prepares his induction speech:

Oates is one of classiest guys to ever play and one of my top-5 all time favorite players. While Brett Hull won the limelight, as his center and set-up man, Oates’ brilliant play making and perfect timing were key to Hull’s career and others.

————————————-
    Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

16. commandant says:

Always love to see a kid who cares so much about others.

In Vancouver Gallagher was also heavily involved in both their movember stuff, and in december in helping to get toys for needy/sick children for Christmas; heavily promoting those drives and the Teddy Bear Toss.

He seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

17. Old Bald Bird says:

This guy might go to the top of my fave list very quickly.

• Kooch7800 says:

He really looked like he needed to adjust the first few games but he is adapting rather quickly.

I think he needs a full season in the AHL maybe 2 but he should make the NHL. They will probably bring him up when gio is gone

“Keep your stick on the Ice”

18. Morenz7 says:

Props to Gallagher—giving even though he hasn’t struck it rich (yet), and I bet he can’t even grow a Movember ‘stache. Hard not to love this kid.

19. Bripro says:

You guessed it!

*********************************************

• Bripro says:

Correct! What do we have for the winner, Jim?
        A set of tickets to tonight’s Habs game?
        Wow, what a prize!!!

*********************************************

• L Elle says:

Fantasy tickets. Yeah!!!!! :)

• Bripro says:

No song today, L?

*********************************************

• L Elle says:

In meetings all day today. Ugg. Will try to goof off tomorrow.

How about you? No frustration song # 872? ;)

• Bripro says:

:) If I do get to #872…. I think I will have turned my back on the NHL by then.

*********************************************