Budaj will be in goal against Jets

The Canadiens don’t have much time to lick their wounds following Wednesday’s 4-3 loss to the Flyers in Philadelphia. They’re back in action Thursday night at the Bell Centre against the Winnipeg Jets (7:30 p.m., RDS, TSN-HABS, TSN Radio 690).

“They got four pretty lucky goals in my opinion, but I don’t think we played well enough to win regardless of the bounces,” Canadiens goaltender Carey Price told reporters after the game in Philadelphia. “I think we definitely could have played better collectively as a group, but you can’t play perfect every game.”

Peter Budaj will be in goal for the Canadiens against the Jets with his parents watching in the stands. Coach Michel Therrien admitted before Wednedsay’s game that the fact the goaltender’s parents are in town played a role in his decision to give Budaj the start, but added that Budaj has been playing well and deserves a start. Budaj has a 5-1-1 record with one shutout, a 2.47 goals-against average and a .906 save percentage. He also has a five-game winning streak.

The Canadiens didn’t hold a morning skate Thursday so there were no official injury updates. The Gazette’s Dave Stubbs reported on Twitter that Tomas Plekanec is day-to-day with a groin injury and is doubtful at best to face the Jets, while Max Pacioretty’s status is unclear after taking a hard shot off the foot in Philadelphia. Pacioretty finished the game.

The Canadiens recalled forward Gabriel Dumont from the AHL’s Hamilton Bulldogs Thursday morning. Dumont has played eight games with the Habs this season, picking up two assists. Dumont leads the Bulldogs in scoring with 16-15-31 totals in 55 games.

Meanwhile, the Bulldogs have signed forward Charles Hudon to an amateur tryout contract. The 18-year-old played 56 games with the QMJHL’s Chicoutimi Sagueneens this season, posting 30-41-71 totals and a plus-15 in 56 games. The 5-foot-11, 170-pounder was selected by the Canadiens in the fifth round (122nd overall) of the 2012 NHL entry draft.

(Photo by Allen McInnis/The Gazette)

Game Preview: Canadiens vs. Jets

Jets-Canadiens Preview

Flyers post comeback win over Habs, by Pat Hickey

“Flyers played hard,” Therrien says, by Pat Hickey

Habs-Flyers photo gallery

“I like the chemistry on this team”: Therrien, by Pat Hickey

Bergevin talked trade, for naught, by Brenda Branswell

Current and former stars will shine at first Habathon, by The Gazette

NHL trade deadline news, montrealgazette.com

1. mmaoutlet0405 says:

fghfrtgsd

2. Habfan17 says:

I for one, am happy that Bergevin did not make any moves yesterday. Sure the Rangers got Clowe and gave up too much, but then they moved Gaborik and got back players that are in the NHL now. The Habs are in a totally diffrent place from the Rangers.

Bergevin and his group will have the added benefit of evaluating his team when it counts the most, in the playoffs. Then he will have a much better idea of what moves he needs to make going forward.

Habfan17

Things could be worse, we could have had Bob Hartley coaching our team this year. :)

4. Loonie says:

For those interested(sorry to those of you who aren’t). The following is a tweet from Allan Walsh regarding Filip Forsberg and the Capitals.

“Typical. A team trades a very good prospect, then whispers to all their friends in the media how they’ve soured on the prospect. No class.”

Just found it funny that Allan Walsh had the nerve to say somebody else didn’t have class.

• TheDagger says:

He and Homer Julien must be pals.

• D Mex says:

Sounds like Walsh might be a friend of yours …

ALWAYS Habs -
      D Mex

• Loonie says:

Can you contribute anything or do you just prefer to be trash? You’ve gone out of your way to get a rise out of me and congratulations. It’s worked. I shared an opinion here you disagreed with. Your inability to differentiate between opinion and the acknowledgement of both sides has been a point of contention that you can’t seem to overcome.

But more than that, you’ve just been a jerk trolling my posts for the better part of two hours.

Maybe you could instead add something constructive instead of acting like a pathetic weasel.

• Loonie says:

I don’t pretend to know it all, that’s your perception.

And here’s a suggestion for you, take a long walk off of a short pier.

Question for you D Mex, how do you put that check mark in your posts which I saw down below?

• Mattyleg says:

Yo D,
          Step down.
          We don’t always agree with what Loon says (or what everyone on this site says, for that matter) but following him and pestering him is pretty low behaviour.

• Loonie says:

Of course there’s a direct correlation between behaviour and how it’s labelled, and that correlation of course is arrogance.

Makes sense.

• D Mex says:

Only someone with an arrogant sense of entitlement would use belittling language such as ” trash, jerk and weasel ” to characterize a person they know nothing about.

ALWAYS Habs -
          D Mex

5. bwoar says:

Since there’s no injury update, I’m going to assume Plekanec out, but MaxPac in (he’s got the track record, let’s say.) So, your forward lines minus Plekanec?

MaxPac-Desharnais-Ryder
    Prust-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
    Dumont-Eller-Gionta
    Moen-Halpern-Blunden

With the assumption that Eller/Dumont could switch at anytime.

“thoroughbred”

• HABSsince92 says:

Where did you hear/read that DD, Max, and Gallagher were going to be broken up?

______________________________________________________

PK please sign.

• bwoar says:

Just posting my thoughts, not tonight’s gameplan.

“thoroughbred”

• HABSsince92 says:

Oh gotcha, I was thinking those were posted lines for tonight that you saw somewhere not a “fantasy” lineup.

I def. wouldn’t mind seeing the kids back with Prust for a game or 2 until Plekanec gets back.

______________________________________________________

PK please sign.

• Habsrule1 says:

FYI….PK has signed.

Go Habs Go!!

• KenD29 says:

I too would not mind seeing the kids back with Prust. Maybe it will get Galchenyuk going and DD and Patch too.

All About Work Ethic

• HABSsince92 says:

____________________________________________________
          PK please sign.

Was hoping White would get a kick at the can, we shall see I guess.

6. HABSsince92 says:

Has there been any word on if MaxPac aka Wolverine is playing tonight?

______________________________________________________

PK please sign.

7. shiram says:

I still have trust in Bergevin.
    Do you?

8. savethepuck says:

Was catching up on recent posts. Who was the dude with the long name, something about violence for the Cup? I thought it was hilarious reading him come on here for a hit and run, and everyone piling on him..
    It was an obvious new account, and when I read those comments, I immediately think it’s someone like Boone sitting at the keyboard effing with us and laughing his a$$ off while doing it. I thought the same thing every time I read something from Nuna too.

“They don’t hang Conference Championship Banners from the rafters here”
    Carey Price

• Mattyleg says:

For sure.
      It’s great entertainment.
      It’s like greyhounds chasing that thing that bears no resemblance to a rabbit – they just need something to run after.

• savethepuck says:

I laugh almost as hard when I read the guys who obviously didn’t watch the game, they just looked at the box score and see Habs lose 5-3, Price faced 34 shots, and all we get is WTF Price Sucks.

“They don’t hang Conference Championship Banners from the rafters here”
        Carey Price

• Habsrule1 says:

Yes, I love those. It would be really cool to see how many people on this site actually watch the game, in full or in part.

I never miss a game, or any part of it….unless (Edit) Dallas – the prime time drama – is on.

Mockery may now commence.

Go Habs Go!!

• Propwash says:

Don’t they play in an entirely different time zone???

____________________
            DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

• savethepuck says:

Since I started getting RDS 3 years ago, I have missed 1 game. It is better to watch the game yourself and make your own opinions

“They don’t hang Conference Championship Banners from the rafters here”
            Carey Price

• frontenac1 says:

Yeah,I don”t care what they say as long as the posts are short. I can”t focus long.I have killed too many of my brain cells from years of substance abuse.

9. Fansincebirth says:

After sitting and watching another trade day go past without our team acting on any of the low hanging fruit, I asked myself if I was satisfied with the current edition of our Habs or would I have traded away assets to plug some gaps.

My conclusion came from a long standing opinion I have that for many years, we have been screwed by not being at the top of the heap and being able to attract the elite using semi-elite players as trade bait and not being able to draft the future stars of the game because we drafted so low. That’s what being stuck in the middle of the pack for so many years does to you.

By not trading away prospects from the Dawgs and keeping our draft picks, we are finally in a position of building a team that is sustainable and keeping the farm team(s) stocked with NHL or near-NHL players just waiting for their chance.

Bottom line for me is I’m okay with yesterday. This team is playing far beyond what I expected especially after last year and if everyone is honest with themselves, no one expected this team to be where it is and playing as great (on most nights) as it does.

10. It should be an interesting Draft this June. There will be alot at stake and MG & CO. will make right choices going forward. There will be a few spots up for grabs for next season. Habs have 18 sighed with a little over 7 million in play.

UFA’s – Ryder, Armstrong, Halpern, Drewiske & Budaj.
    RFA’s – White, Blunden & Weber.

Is Kaberle the last one to be bought out before next season starts? That will be 17 signed and roughly 11 million in play. Who do MB & CO. keep in the above mention for 13-14 season?

Bourque – Plekanec – Gionta
    Pacioretty – Desharnais – Gallagher
    Galchenyuk – Eller –
    Moen – Prust -

Markov – Emelin
    Subban – Gorges
    Diaz – Bouillon

Fill in the blanks for two roster spots on fwd line for next season.

There will be alot of contracts coming up for following season after next.
    UFA’s – Markov, Gionta, Emelin, Bouillon & Diaz.
    RFA’s – Subban & Eller.

10 signed and a 31 million & Changes for 14-15 season. Lots of changes coming within next two years. If Habs are going to make a run for Lord Stanley, it has to be this upcoming season.

Go Habs Go

• rhino514 says:

To me, Bourque is a pretty big gamble. A contending team does not take a gamble on Bourque as a top six forward playing on his off wing. There are 2 question marks with him now; the whole attitude thing, and the fact he may be damaged goods. He had a decent start, but everyone raves that it was a great start. 10 points in seventeen games including an empty netter.
      Love the team, just not sold on him. Hope to be proven wrong.
      It will be interesting to see wether Kristo makes his way onto the top nine next season, how he starts in Hamilton etc.
      I still think Galchenyuk is ready to play centre next season but obivously with the recent signing of Desharnais it seems he won´t. I hope playing him out of position two years in a row does not delay his development as a centre.
      Also was a bit surprised at the bouilon re-signing. I get that he´s good as a mentor, but with top six we have now, who does he mentor? There´s no room for any of Bealieu, tinordi, or Pateryn, except for the odd audition, or as fill ins for injuries. At the same time, his salary is low so i don´t think it´s a major issue if he ends up sitting the second half of the year.
      still love the team, just concerend about these issues, especially the first two.

11. frontenac1 says:

Trying to excuse last night loss on Bad Luck is ridiculous.The Habs were outshot 26-6 over the second and third periods.Luck? The Flyers made their own luck and deserved the win.

• TheLogician says:

Agreed. Everyone keeps talking about “bounces off the skates”. But not much mention of 1 shot over the first 15mins of the 3rd. I think that tells the story of what really went down last night. And I don’t like it. Not at all. Playing in your own end without physical D is a recipe for disaster. Hope that the nod to JM was just a one night affair.

While I thought the goals were a bit fluky, I did not disagree with the result, Flyers outplayed the Habs in my estimation. I hope we see a different Habs team tonight.

• New says:

Mine as well. The team was dominated and it could well have been 8-1. Reminded me of last years rope a dope plan that everyone had such faith in, including two former coaches and a former GM, and which produced third last overall in the standings.

• Habsrule1 says:

Habs were outplayed and deserved to lose.
      That said, the flyers got some lucky bounces. Just because one thing is true doesn’t make the other one false.

Go Habs Go!!

12. Mr. Biter says:

Been listening on and off today on tsn1290 and the Jets announcers are jumping off the Jets ship faster than passengers off the Titanic. And people think there’s band wagon jumpers on this site.

Mr. Biter
    No Guts No Glory

13. Mattyleg says:

Just listening to Knuckles on TSN690 (love him), and he came up with a great image:

He was talking about Nonis back-pedalling about his goalies. He’d looked into Kipper and Luongo, got a bunch of offers from Van, but it didn’t go through in the end. Then Nonis gives a presser saying that he’s very happy with the goalies he has, and that Luongo would’ve just been there to help the young goalies out.

Heh heh.

Then Knuckles said, “it’s like getting caught with your hand in the cookie jar, not managing to grab a cookie, and then trying to explain to people that you don’t really like cookies.”

Brilliant.

• jedimyrmidon says:

Brilliant, indeed!

Although, in fairness to Nonis, he was probably trying to drive down the price to the point where Luongo would be going for nothing to the Leafs, and would be a cap-relief move for the Canucks.

• D Mex says:

If Mike Gillis doesn’t recognize, today, that he’s going to have to switch channels in terms of what he hopes to get for Luongo, he probably never will.
        There is value in the cap relief alone. That, and a decent back-up, may be as much as Gillis should expect. The clock is ticking on the Canucks present nucleus, perhaps Gillis should pay more attention to that next time around …

ALWAYS Habs -
        D Mex

• Ozmodiar says:

Aesop would be proud or our Knuckles.

14. B says:

TSN is hyping tonight’s game as “a battle of first-place teams”, too bad the 9th place team in the East has more points than the Jets. I dislike the seeding of division leaders, let the points fall where they may.

–Go Habs Go!–

15. JUST ME says:

It is true though that from now on the Habs will get to play against team that will play desperate hockey. So it`a different game. Some have nothing to lose,some take every wich way they can to win,some will prepare for the playoffs but one thing is for sure, the Habs have become the measuring stick.

16. beckett_ian1979 says:

Great GM, teams playing better than most exspected, smart to not trade all our prospects and picks for rental players.. According to Sports stats we are 99.985% chance of making playoffs

Loose one game and Stubbs starts the negativity….Look at the positive side.

Beckett

17. 2mins4lookinsooogood says:

After reviewing last night’s game, Montreal has petitioned the league to allow them to wear the newly developed expanding skates. Apparently, you click your heels together when you are in the crease and the skates swell up and swivel, to allow you to redirect the puck without using a distinct “kicking motion”.

Montreal is hopeful that they will be granted permission later today because there is no place like home …

“Don’t crush that dwarf Alex Henry, hand me the pliers”

18. Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

To Loonie (and others who are unhappy about standing pat):

Since Bergevin arrived in Montreal, he has been in evaluation mode for this team. He inherited a team with many parts that he probably never would have selected or signed. He got rid of Gomez, but this team still has some players that are not in his plans that he would like to get rid of.

This is a shortened season. The team entered with very low expectations. While we are doing well now and could make a run, I don’t think Bergevin was willing to make big sweeping changes just yet, because he is still trying to put his stamp on the team.

I think we will get a much better idea of what he is looking to accomplish in the next offseason when he will be able to draft 6 times in the first 3 rounds and then buy out Kaberle and trade whoever he doesn’t think fits on this squad.

This (half) season is all about evaluating the younger players on our team and seeing which veterans should be here next year. Whatever else happens is gravy.

I don’t see how anyone can compare this management group to the prvious regime. Do you people not remember us giving up 2nd round picks for marginal players at the deadline who merely bolstered our “depth” (players like Dominic Moore and James Wisniewski).

Those guys have since left and we are no closer to a Cup. How about we let Timmins have one more draft like last year’s and allow our brightest prospects to be a little bit more mature before really going for it? In the meantime, maybe chemistry and the scoring depth we have right now could be enough to surprise people in a shortened season.

But but ….. I agree. :)

• Loonie says:

That’s fair. The evaluation process shouldn’t be rushed, especially under these circumstances.

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Would like to have Wisneiwski back so we could have a rhyming D pairing.
      So would Cal and Bellyful.

And otherwise, I agree with your post. You’ve been sitting on that for a while…

• jedimyrmidon says:

Agreed.

The Habs tanking and acquiring numerous ‘high’ draft picks in this year’s draft is a once-in-a-couple-decade opportunity to acquire talent depth within the organization (like the Wild, the Hawks and the Pens).

Trading those picks for rentals in a surprising year might lead to the Cup (I wouldn’t bet on those odds, and would rather just enjoy wherever this current edition of the team will take us) or it might just be squandering the picks obtained during an anomalous year.

In other words, the Habs having 6 picks in the first three rounds will not happen again any time soon (fingers crossed, hopefully a safe assumption), and should be viewed as a very very rare opportunity to draft quality prospects in quantity.

• Do be honest, he may even wished we were a bottom feeder for one more year. :lol: just so he could nab that almost for sure future NHL star.

I have pretty high expectations right now. We’ve seen what the Habs did to the entire conference so far, and in a 7 game series even having one stinker, this team can win those series.

And then there is the upset factors of the other series. I’m excited, even if they are the ones who get upset, I don’t care, these guys are great.

And next year will be even better. But that’s just me, I don’t need the team to succeed to feel good about myself. Win or Lose I support the jersey and the people who put it altogether.

Matty ignore the fool, everyone else does.

Shane Oliver
      Twitter @Sholi2000
      Custom Sports Figures

• FANHABULOUS says:

Great post, very rational and probably along the lines of what MB is really thinking.

As for the people clamoring for a trade yesterday: just because an item (player) is available for purchase (trade) doesn’t mean you have to pay a ridiculous price to get it. Deadline day is a bunch of people selling items for 2-3 times what they are really worth. Ask yourself, would you go buy a Honda and pay the price of a Porsche to get it, just because you have the money in your pocket?

Why would MB trade away a bunch of our (highly valuable) draft picks and/or prospects at a price that doesn’t make sense, just because he can? Would I have liked a Clowe or Jagr or Iggy on the team for the playoffs? Hell yeah. But pay 2-3 times the normal rate? No chance.

____________________________________
      “You will not regret picking me” – PK Subban.

• Habfan17 says:

Very good points and since it looks like the Habs will be in the playoffs, Beregvin will benefit from evaluating the current roster under the playoff pressure.

Habfan17

If MB had made the move of Cole for Ryder yesterday, and if he had traded a 6th for Halpern yesterday and the trade for Drewiske, all yesterday, I suggest the posts would be different here today. What an idiot for doing some of them sooner. Fire the bum now, not later, NOW

• Mattyleg says:

Great post, Burly.
      I was just thinking the same thing this morning and was going to post it but got distracted.
      Thanks for bringing that up.
      It’s very true; lots of teams that made deals yesterday had been cruising with garbage for a while – meanwhile we were upgrading gradually.

• Loonie says:

This is part of my frustration. The moves he’s made so far have been great(Halpern, Ryder and perhaps Drewiske) so I don’t see the hesitation on pulling the trigger for a guy like Torres who he confirmed he was in pursuit of.

Drewiske could be a gem, I’m hoping he is.

Because he is an idiot, that is why we have to fire him now!

• Mattyleg says:

He said in his press conference that the locker room is the most important thing for a team, and he didn’t want to unbalance it.

I can’t imagine adding someone like Torres would have a benign effect on the locker-room.

• Loonie says:

He tried to acquire him.

• Mattyleg says:

It’s good that he didn’t.
            Everything happens for a reason.

• D Mex says:

Loonie APRIL 4, 2013 AT 10:01 AM
            I’ll say this about yesterday’s deadline. If Marc Bergevin thinks his words are going to keep expectations of the team at bay, he’s in for a rude awakening.
            - – - -

So, which is it Mr all-knowing ?
            - ” great ” moves or not ?

PM Chretien once observed that people didn’t care for him because he talks from the side of his mouth, but that the redeeming factor was that he always spoke from the same side.

You should consider what Mr Chretien had to say about this …

ALWAYS Habs -
            D Mex

• Loonie says:

You aren’t making any sense. Am I allowed to see both sides of the trade argument and at the same time acknowledge expectations of this club don’t change?

Is it okay for me to have an opinion about the subject or do I have to clear it with you first?

• D Mex says:

This could help you.

ALWAYS Habs -
            D Mex

• Loonie says:

How long is it gonna take you to complete that course in dog years?

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Is the Torres attempt on the internet somewhere?

20. Hope the Leafs lay a beating on Philly tonight. The Goons will be Goons and should be a thriller. Leafs match up well against Philly.

Habs got all the wrong bounces go against them last night. Our Habs will have nights like last night but I believe to see better results tonight.

Any word on the injuries and when Habs will have a full team?
    Bourque
    White
    Diaz
    Armstrong
    Plekanec
    Pacioretty

21. habfan53 says:

In Regards to Budaj starting tonight because family is in town. Last night Bergeron was saying that Mark Hunter was scratched for a game, he went to the coach and said” Coach my parents and family are here for the game I bought 12 tickets”
    Bergeron said “Good go sit with them”
    After a bit he reinstalled Hunter in the lineup.

22. Jimmy9Toes says:

I am not suggesting any sort of trade question here, but who would you rather have on your team, Wayne Simmonds, David Clarkson or Ryan Clowe?

23. Propwash says:

Am I the only one who feels at ease whenever Price or Budaj is called in to play? The team is benefitting from a really good goaltending duo I find.

____________________
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

24. Habsrule1 says:

I can just about guarantee that no team in the East would be happy about playing the Habs in the 1st round.
    They have played just about every team well and showed very little signs of weakness.
    I honestly think the Habs would be a tough opponent for anyone, and beating them once might happen, but 4 out of 7? It will not be easy for Boston, Pittsburgh, or any other team.

Go Habs Go!!

25. Andy and the habs says:

“I DID SOME GOOD THINGS AND I DID SOME NOT SO GOOD THINGS [AGAINST PHILADELPHIA]. I’VE GOT TO LEARN FROM IT AND TRY TO GET BETTER [THURSDAY NIGHT].”
    - DAVIS DREWISKE
    I’m sure he had a little visit to the video replay room today.

26. ont fan says:

My take on MB is, it’s his first year at the top and am guessing he is a little tentative to go out and make a big deal including draft choices or prospects. Give him a chance to get his feet wet. Who would have traded Erat for Forsberg?

• Kooch7800 says:

I don’t think MB is afraid to make a move and that showed with Cole for Ryder. Great move and the pick up oh Halpern. He is looking long term not just short term.

We can speculate all we want but I am sure he talked to a lot of teams in the last while and didn’t find the deal he wanted.

He has done a decent job so far.

I would have really liked Clowe on this team but can understand why it didn’t work

“Keep your stick on the Ice”

• Habsrule1 says:

He made the big move when he got Ryder. That has looked very good so far.

Go Habs Go!!

27. von says:

I guess Stu turned the game off before the empty net goal. lol

_________________________________

“Obviously it would be great, but they don’t really hang conference titles in this rink. They raise Stanley Cup banners.” – Carey Price

28. Good Habits says:

Booodaaaah is gonna be HUGE tonight!

not about hockey but still ridiculous http://www.mytacotruck.blogspot.com

29. Sportfan says:

Is it bad that I think he should be in nets against Boston?

When was the last time Eller scored a goal? And a time before that?

31. Rad says:

I’m looking forward to a good game against Winnipeg. The boys will be wanting to atone for last night, and should be flying out there. Dumont will add some spark. With parity, any NHL team can beat you on any given night, however, I am confident that the Habs will put forth a good effort. Max “Cream Puff” Pacioretty seems to be coming around, and that may be the line that leads us offensively tonight, as they did against Philly. Eller and Galchenyuk will also have to provide some offense in order for us to get the “W”. It will be a tough game though. Winnipeg hasn’t won in 4. They are rested, and motivated to snap their losing ways in Montreal. Visiting teams love to play in Montreal.

32. aj says:

Is it just me opinionating, or did I just see the Habs brew another stupid goalie controversy?

Whenever the team f**ks up, Price gets the heat. Last night was a total lazy-night for the boys.

33. neumann103 says:

I don’t have a problem with Bergevin not making a move but you do look at what deals were made and figure that there could have been options on the table for an actual top 6 D.

I would not have floated Beaulieu, Tinordi, Kristo or Collberg and most of the picks from last year but given the plethora of 2nd and 3rd round picks the Habs have this year, the apparent coming logjam of defensive prospects and the handful of mid level forward prospects who probably don’t have an opportunity with the big team in the next 2-3 years there could have been something there.

“Et le but!”

34. Ozmodiar says:

It never fails. After a trade or FA signing, there’s always people who assume the Habs could have had THAT player. As far as I know, MB doesn’t have the power to veto any NHL transaction, allowing him to snag any player for a comparable amount.

During the summer it was Bryan Allen. Now it’s Clowe and Jay-Bo.

The fact is these players had a say in deciding their fate, and we don’t know if they wanted to go to Montreal.

• Loonie says:

Okay to assume they wouldn’t come here but not okay to assume they would.

K, got it Oz.

• Ozmodiar says:

No, I don’t think you do. You should re-read.

“and we don’t know if they wanted to go to Montreal.”

• Loonie says:

It’s pretty amusing when some accuse others of making assumptions and are doing so themselves when theorizing about the opposite.

I didn’t call it a statement of fact that Bouwmeester would have come here but suggested that it was possible.

And yet that constitutes an absolute doesn’t it Oz?

You and others can keep patting the GM on the back for work not yet done, I’ll watch objectively.

• Ozmodiar says:

” I think it’s safe to say we could have snagged JayBo.”

• Loonie says:

I think we could have, I’m not saying it was a certainty.

Edit: As in, based on the package the Blues gave we definitely could have matched it or given more and not mortgaged “the future” to do it.

• issie74 says:

Habs have issues for next year 5 UFA’s that includeds Budjai and only $10 mil short of the cap,they will also have to come up with a raise for P.K ….

NorthTOHab

• mdp2011 says:

Yup, there are always the fans that say “Habs should have picked up this guy, why didn’t the Habs trade Kaberle, Webber and a 5th for Crosby?” It is the opposite of Leaf fans who think every pending UFA is going to sign in Toronto. Nash, Richards, Getzlaf, Perry, etc., only to be disappointed when they re-sign with their current team or chose another team over the Leafs.

• D Mex says:

Attn Ozmodiar :
      We heard similar comments about Bouwmeester and the Habs when he was preparing to depart FLA, ie : skating ability, size, great fit yedda yadda, but he was in control and opted for CGY.

So any assertion now by the all-knowing that he coulda’ shoulda’ woulda’ come to the Habs must, because it comes from the all-knowing himself, be correct. Except, Bouwmeester went to the Blues.

Ya’ know Ozmodiar, I detect a clear lack of reverence in your exchange above with the all-knowing. Keep up the good work !

ALWAYS Habs -
      D Mex

35. moonkid says:

Always fun here after a loss.

They played one bad game against a desperate hockey team. This is also a team that has matched up well against them in recent years. And the Habs almost won anyway..

If I didn’t watch the game or see the score, I’d have thought the score 26-0 based on some of these posts.

36. Kooch7800 says:

Wow, I hope we win tonight. People are a little edgy today.

It is nice outside….got to a patio and have a cold one….if I wasn’t at work I would do that….wait I feel a cold coming on *cough* *Cough*

“Keep your stick on the Ice”

37. Rudy says:

Not only did the game remind me of last year, so does this site today, WOW!

38. New says:

You know I never once felt sorry for Roberto Luongo until yesterday. To hear Gillis babble about how important Gillis is and hear Luongo say he essentially wished he’d never signed with them sort of puts it in perspective. Canadiens are a class act.

• Kooch7800 says:

really….it just shows the player agent/player greed. Do you think Luongo would be complaining about his contract if he was the number one goalie in Van city….Hell no. He has been outplayed by his back up and now is facing the reality that he is stuck and can’t just dictate where he goes. Did you feel sorry for him when he blocked the Leafs trade last summer ? It is his own fault he is in the situation he is in. Suck it up buttercup that is how I feel towards him

“Keep your stick on the Ice”

39. Propwash says:

Just to lighten it up a little, here is an NHL rink broken down.

____________________
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

40. shiram says:

Grr Habs lost 1 game, I r angry!

41. Skeptical says:

Some people have a hard time understanding. This team was put together to make it to the playoffs. If they should accomplish a little more than it’s a bonus. We’ve had a good team to watch on most nights and we should be happy with that.

Like I said earlier. MD didn’t waste our future like some other GM’s did on rentals. We’ll get rewarded down the road. So don’t put people down who make realistic comments on this site. Most of us see it the way MD does and we’ll have a great team some day.

• Loonie says:

No I don’t think you understand.

If this team was put together just to make the playoffs it’s doomed to failure, and that doesn’t sit well with some people who are tired of that planning and mentality.

There’s a big distinction there.

One more thing about that too. Last year was an abomination. It’s nice to know there’s some class in the organization now, but Bergevin, Dudley and company didn’t have to bear the pain of last season, the players and fans did. Easy to ask for trust and not act when you had nothing invested last season.

• The Jackal says:

Loonie I get what you are saying and why you are frustrated that we did not pay the arguably low price for a good pickup, but I think it was the wise choice to stand pat.

Last season we were terrible, and most of that squad came back this year, under new coaching and management, to challenge for first in the East. It is pretty incredible yet I think we know that it is not an illusory result, we are that good. Now, I get that because of these results we should improve our chances in the playoffs with pickups, but I don’t agree that it was a do or die thing.

By keeping our draft picks, we can not only build for the future, which is apparently a dirty word now, but we can increase our asset holdings to be on better footing to make deals without affect our prospect pool. This team has surprised everyone, and I think they will continue to surprise in the playoffs. MB gave them a vote of confidence by letting them roll into the playoffs and seeing what they can do as they stand. I think it is part of his evaluation and planning, and it should not be changed because of a quick turnaround this season.

I don’t think standing pat affects the players much, at least not this season. They are gelling and playing great hockey, and I think they should go in and see what they can do, get experience, and go far. Other top teams did not make additions. If you noticed, it was mostly the teams in the thick of the race who made the big moves. Sure, Pitt added Iggy and Boston added Jagr, but Chicago and Anaheim did not do much.

I don’t think we were hurt by any moves yesterday. On top of that, with Diaz and Bourque coming back, along with the signing of Kristo, we have players we can slot into the lineup who we KNOW will make important contributions. In other words, there was no need to go out and add big pieces when MB wants to see what he has to work with, and has 2-3 players joining the lineup. Additions would have disrupted that flow.

I’m sure you and those in your boat have been disappointed in the past by these deadlines, but this is a new era and we need to judge it on that basis, not on past mistakes made by previous managers. Now, if next year we miss a chance to make additions, then that is another story, but this season, we are in good shape and getting reinforcements – we need to stick with what has made us successful and with the plan put in place.

• Loonie says:

I just want to point out that I don’t think it was do or die. And in addition that I hope you’re right about a future willingness to make comparable moves.

That it wasn’t done at a time when the team is in prime position to compete for a Cup is concerning to me.

I see too many similarities between this group and the old one so far, I hope that changes.

• ont fan says:

You see a lot of similarities with this group and the last one? That’s a bit strong.

• Loonie says:

With regard to player personnel yes, not in their attitudes and how they present themselves though.

• John Frodo says:

I agree, MB has not made a false move since he was hired. The PK contract was handled perfectly. Sure it is going to cost but what was going to happen if we signed him for 5 million for 7 years, we would be in a Yashin mess. Would any of the players traded yesterday be a upgrade over Borque? Any defence better than Diaz.

If the puck is in the other end you do not need to clear in front of your net, thats the kind of team MB is building, get r done.

• Loonie says:

It’s a difference of opinion. You make the statement that an entire group of people don’t understand what’s supposed to be regarded as uniform concept and you’re accusing somebody else of being a know it all.

Hilarious. It’s 1:40pm eastern where I am and if you’re in the same time zone nap time’s in twenty minutes. Take advantage.

• D Mex says:

Skeptical – you absolute Beauty you !

ALWAYS Habs -
        D Mex

• Rainrocket16 says:

After 20 years it’s nice to know we have a team that is supposed to make the playoffs.

42. Rainrocket16 says:

Does anyone ever notice that when a big star who is about to be traded provides a list of teams he would waive his NTC for, never lists Montreal?

• mrhabby says:

how do you know that.

• Rainrocket16 says:

When they are posted by news and sports sites. They say “so and so provides a list of 8 teams he would waive his NTC for..Never is it Montreal.

• Loonie says:

Clowe was willing to come to Montreal.
          Jagr was willing to come to Montreal.

Or do you mean a superstar like Sidney Crosby?

• Rainrocket16 says:

I said Big star, those 2 don’t quite meet the requirements. Iginla wanted no part of Montreal, not just Iggy, its been like every trade deadline for the past 5 years or so.

• Luke says:

It’s because the big stars read these blogs before making their lists.

• The Jackal says:

That’s because Iggy wanted to go to bonafide contenders, Montreal is a surprise this season.

• ont fan says:

Mats Sundin said that the other day. A lot of players don’t want the stress of the big Canadian markets and producing. They would like their privacy off the rink.

• Habsrule1 says:

My guess is it has to do with politics, language, and taxes. Some stars also don’t want the pressure that comes with playing here. I say screw them. We want players who THRIVE on pressure…!

Not to mention that lately the Habs haven’t exactly been Cup favorites. That also plays a part in their decision.

Go Habs Go!!

• New says:

I think too it might be that you have to smile and wave to the fans, it’s all part of the deal. In Florida the fans sort of don’t recognize you with the helmet off but in Montreal they kind of do. So who wants to smile and wave at people calling you not nice things. Worse you could have an English muffin in a paper bag and get busted by the language cops.

43. Is it Troll Season?

9 José Théodore 141
    10 Gerry McNeil 119

Shane Oliver
    Twitter @Sholi2000
    Custom Sports Figures

44. DorvalTony says:

Another Price choke. That fourth goal was nice. Follow the guy with the puck right out of the net.

“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
    William F. Buckley, Jr.

45. skillswithgritandviolenceforthecup says:

Management failure: Davis drewiske wtf?! Shoulda got someone like Patrick Bordeleau Instead for that price. Or Ryan clowe if they really wanted to spend… Imagine how much better a guy like Brandon prust would play with Bordeleau on the same line

46. Smiths Falls Habs Fan says:

So is this a good place to vent our frustrations or do we all have to be calm, cool and collected at all times? Just curious. It seems with some of you the latter is the only option.
    Some people have no idea what they\’re talking about. I\’m probably one of those people…

• Mattyleg says:

Of course people can vent their frustrations, but I think the best way to do it is in a constructive or insightful way.

Just yelling and moaning and being a drag is pointless.

47. Mattyleg says:

I’m tired of players not yelling at their teammates in front of the cameras and with journalists around!

It’s ridiculous that we can lose a game, and someone isn’t losing their sh!t in front of the camera for me to watch from my sofa!

That’s it.
    I’m off to support the Rangers.
    For now.

48. Loonie says:

A couple of final questions about “going for it” vs. “building the future”.

What kind of regular season production, previous playoff success and current roster composition will justify “going for it” and adding either impact players or acquiring depth?

I still haven’t seen anyone quantify “the future” on this board but I routinely see the opinion that it shouldn’t be compromised.

Is the future about winning championships or is it about just watching our players and draft picks develop or bust for the sake of witnessing growth or regression?

So essentially the question is what is it about THIS team that doesn’t justify going for it now?

Four second round picks in the next two years. Three third rounders. Plenty of prospects on defense with a young group already on the roster in Subban, Emelin, Diaz and Gorges.

Gonna tell me Bergevin couldn’t have had Bouwmeester for package comparable to what the Blues gave up? Maybe JayBo didn’t have the Habs on his list. But if Bergevin can talk Subban into a sucker’s deal I’m pretty sure he could have convinced Bouwmeester to come here. And those plugs the Flames got don’t equate to Beaulieu or Tinordi so let’s not go there with respect to the “future” part of the conversation. Same thing applies for Clowe by the way, since we have three second rounders in our back pocket.

The seventies version of this team isn’t going to step foot on the ice anytime soon.

So after that long winded question I ask again, what version of this team would justify supplementing it for a Cup run?

• Timo says:

… and not compromise the future. Cause we can’t compromise the future.

• jedimyrmidon says:

A huge factor in my opinion that Bergevin was wise in not ‘going for it’ is that last year the organization was in turmoil, a complete managerial (and some player personnel) overhaul was necessary and he came in to fix things.

Suddenly, three months into the shortened season, the Habs are playing really well, these three months being the only three that Bergevin has had the occasion to see what the team is truly made of.

Should he scrap his entire plan to build up the organization through drafting and development by trading away the very picks acquired by blowing up the team before he came in?

Acquiring that many picks in the first three rounds is not going to happen often (we’re talking on the order of decades). Ideally, it wouldn’t ever have to happen. But the 2011-2012 season was one such year. And it wouldn’t be wise to use those picks to get rentals because of a surprisingly quick – and unexpected – turnaround.

• punkster says:

Tom, I see a difference between stocking up for a Cup run and what some here see as a “guaranteed Cup”…hell, nothing is guaranteed.

So I ask you who would you have added to improve Habs chances at a Cup run? And what would you have given up to do so?

***SUBBANGIN’ NOW BABY!!!***

• jedimyrmidon says:

Other relevant questions, in my opinion, are:

- Adding a significant piece would mean displacing someone on the roster. Who would that be? Would a current roster player be going the other way?
        - What about Bourque and Diaz? Is it reasonable to dismiss them as out for the season?

• Loonie says:

What you’re saying is fair but can you argue that Bouwmeester wouldn’t improve our defense?

His addition is worth removing somebody in my opinion.

• jedimyrmidon says:

Sure, Bouwmeester would have helped. And the Blues sure got him cheaper than expected because of Feaster’s incompetence.

His cap hit would hurt next year though.

And moving that 1st round pick would mean moving away from the rebuilding to making a strong push for the Cup. I’m of the opinion that, even with Bouwmeester, the odds of the Habs winning it all aren’t so high as to change the organization’s plan of strengthening the team’s prospect pool and obtaining a core that would rival the Blackhawks’, Pens’ or Bruins’.

• Loonie says:

Personally. I would have paid the price the Blues did for Bouwmeester and ignored Clowe.

Bourque appears likely to return so my concern about the forwards would be mitigated but Bouwmeester provides what is in my opinion the exact kind of upgrade we need. He doesn’t let players drive the net and would be a great addition to our powerplay’s second unit.

He only has one more year left on his contract so the salary cap concern is overblown.

While I agree with you that adding players guarantees nothing, adding that player makes the team significantly better at the most important time of the season.

What has this team not proven where the opposite would have justified adding to it?

• punkster says:

Agree with adding Bouwmeester…always liked him. And given the trade was with Feaster you never know what MB could have stiffed him for ;)

That would certainly improve the Habs though we don’t really know if MB did or did not make a play for him or any other big D. It’s all conjecture at this point.

***SUBBANGIN’ NOW BABY!!!***

• Loonie says:

Well considering what Feaster got and that he sent Bouwmeester to an in-conference team, I think it’s safe to say we could have snagged JayBo.

• punkster says:

Tom…would have been sweet.

But so much for woulda, coulda, shoulda…the team is what it is right now. I like them, I think they’ll do well. Who would have ever imagined we’d be battling for a top spot in the division, conference or even the entire league?

***SUBBANGIN’ NOW BABY!!!***

• Loonie says:

I agree Dave. These opportunities don’t present themselves often and it’s admirable that this management groups goal is to change that.

But there are no guarantees. Different schools of thought I suppose but I wouldn’t be resting on my laurels.

• mrhabby says:

how do you now MB did not try. the player had a NTC.

• Loonie says:

I’m assuming that if he could get Subban to take a garbage contract relative to performance that he could have convinced Bouwmeester to become a Hab.

I could easily be wrong about that but I’m not necessarily bothered by a lack of moves but I certainly am about the message he sent when the clock struck midnight.

You don’t hold a press conference and say the playoffs are the goal when your team is keeping pace with the elite teams in the NHL.

That’s what the last regime did and look where it go them.

• Timo says:

Subban is going to make Molson pay for his next contract and pay dearly. He won’t make the same mistake twice.

• Vinny Red says:

3 first rounders? Who’s the 3rd from? Must be 2 1sts for next year?

49. sweetmad says:

So you want Price to call out his team,you are the kind of person who kicks a man in the gutter.Any person who thinks the team doesn’t feel bad enough, has no idea about being part of a team.I find this kind of talk offensive,it’s rude thoughtless unkind and heartless,Carey is part of the team he knows they we didn’t play as we should have,but the team knows it too.DO you think they don’t feel bad enough without another member of the team calling them out.
    The fact that Carey didn’t call them is what makes him a superstar.
    GO HABS GO

• likehoy says:

I can’t stand how people keep comparing Price to Roy in terms of temperament.

I seem to recall another great Habs goalie called the “Chicoutimi Cucumber” cause he was cool as a cucumber. I guess Vezina never did anything of significance compared to Roy.

50. Luke says:

Beaulieu for Erat? Good trade?

51. bwoar says:

Eh, I didn’t realize Hudon was 5’11″. Not a smurf then like I envisioned. Good to know.

Speaking of smurfs, Gabriel Dumont >> Mike Blunden. That’s how I see it on the ice, anyhow.

As for Price’s comments, totally correct, both from a hockey perspective and a Habs perspective. He’s learned how to deal effectively with the media and that’s part of what makes him a leader on this club. Can’t win ‘em all, move on to the next one.

“thoroughbred”

• Smiths Falls Habs Fan says:

Price played as well as any goaltender would last night. His comments were truthful but classy. Can’t complain about that.

52. Stevie.Ray says:

Will Hudon return to Chicoutimi next season? Vail to OHL? Collberg to Sweden?

53. Smiths Falls Habs Fan says:

I feel a sense of calm when Armstrong is on the ice. That’s what he brought to this team.

54. Smiths Falls Habs Fan says:

I don’t think they can contend for the cup. Adding a big strong depth forward, even cheap shot artist Raffe Torres would have made a difference. I noticed Colby Armstrong’s absence. MB should have addressed that I think. Just my opinion.

• JUST ME says:

Come on ! Add a pea brain to the line up and we have a chance ? With all due respect i do not think that you listened when Bergevin was talking. It has been clear since he took over that he was looking long term. What the Habs have done this season is great and well deserved but in the farm system we need to start from scratch almost. By the way did you look at the standings ? Can you say that we have no chance at all ?

• Smiths Falls Habs Fan says:

Sure they can. But its a long-shot. Addressing the need to fill in the 4th line spot would have helped. Blunden hasn’t impressed me too much. I guess a few of our forwards will be coming back soon so I’ll just be quiet. Lol

• Old Bald Bird says:

Made an offer on Torres, or so I read.

55. Smiths Falls Habs Fan says:

Why do you guys have to be so rude? :)

56. CERF says:

Ladies and Gents,

Can we lay off Timo? He’s obviously still licking his wounds about MAB heading over to Carolina.

We all know what we’re going to be getting from him. It’s either something to stir the pot or his personal view with a hint of snarkyness. Remember, he’s a fan just like anyone of us and wants to see them win.

If you don’t like it, just skip over his name and post. It’s not like his avatar is hard to miss.

/endrant

57. commandant says:

A look at all the Rangers moves from Russell aka the Big Mick

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

58. Chrisadiens says:

“But I wanna win nooooooooow!!”

Say it like Veruca Salt from Willy Wonka. This what some of you sound like to me.
    Building a cup team takes time. Draft, develop. We were in LAST place last year.

Chrisadiens and HabFan10912, one of the few father son tandems on HIO.

• Luke says:

But St. Louis offered Chris Stewart, Peitrangelo and a first rounder for a conditional 7th round pick in 2017 and MB turned it down!!!!!!

• Loonie says:

If people are extreme in wanting a Cup run now you’re being just as extreme with your characterization of them.

This team has shown it can compete with the best, maybe that’s enough in Bergevin’s view, but the message he delivered publicly yesterday was a big mistake in my opinion.

How would you feel about this team’s chances if they’d added a Bouwmeester and Clowe to the lineup heading into the playoffs?

• Luke says:

I’d be sad to see Clowe be a free agent next year and I’d be worried about that 6.7mm cap hit next year.

• Bill says:

You can ALWAYS worry about next year. It’s not a reason to never go for it.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• Luke says:

You also don’t want to handcuff yourself by not worrying about next year.

Re: Leafs for the last 40years.

• jedimyrmidon says:

That’s probably what Burke was thinking after he acquired Kessel, thinking the Leafs were playoff-bound.

• Bill says:

Luke, I dont think the Habs would be “handcuffed” by picking up a rental like Clowe.

And Jedi, the difference is that the Leafs clearly were in no position to make a run. The Habs are.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• Loonie says:

Fellas, when Burke acquired Kessel he did so at a time when his team had more holes than swiss cheese.

This team has few weaknesses that could have been addressed. Had Bergevin said yesterday in his press conference that he had confidence this team could compete for a Cup I wouldn’t care about this issue one bit. But as I understand it he gave the team a back handed compliment about the playoffs.

Not much confidence displayed.

But I’m sure that it was the genius Bergevin being his usual self and using the press conference as a motivational tactic.

• jedimyrmidon says:

Bill, what folks on here are talking about is not merely a playoff run, it’s a Cup run, i.e., the Habs loading up to make a very serious push for the Cup with the reasonable expectation that they would win it with the additional acquisitions.

• jedimyrmidon says:

I agree.

This miniature “uproar” over Bergevin’s buzzworthy deadline deals (or lack thereof) is the result of:

1) a poor game by the Habs yesterday where they were the victim of THREE lucky deflections off skates despite being admittedly outshot
      2) looking over jealously at the Ranger’s shiny new acquisitions and their phenomenal games

Timing is a funny thing. If only 1 of 2 happened, the “outrage” would be significantly reduced.

59. Propwash says:

Timo, u mad bruh?

____________________
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

60. Smiths Falls Habs Fan says:

Timo doesn’t seem happy. I am not happy either. I read your posts in the last blog. It’s a harsh reality I say. Good on you for speaking your mind. I still hope in the back of my mind I’m still wrong about this team. I REALLY want to see the Cup this year. It’s been far too long.

“They got four pretty lucky goals in my opinion, but I don’t think we played well enough to win regardless of the bounces,” Price said. “I think we definitely could have played better collectively as a group, but you can’t play perfect every game.”

Yeah, no shit, Carey, you and the rest of the stiffs could have played better collectively. It was hard to have played worse collectively.

Dumont recalled. Who’s not in – Plekanec?

Budaj winning streak ends tonight.

64. Fansincebirth says:

Hoping for a big comeback game tonight!

65. Loonie says:

Man that Price is a jerk for not throwing his team under the bus.

66. Habitforming says:

Really? He can do all that and not have people bitching about a few shots per period in a team lazy game?

I’d bet he can’t since he can’t even say what he did without you bitching about it. The team is having a fantastic season, relax.

67. The Jackal says:

There it is! After a few comments that made him look semi-sane, the stupidity comes out.

68. jedimyrmidon says:

Somehow I bet you don’t have a lot of tact, poise or an even temperament in life.

69. kholdstare says:

This post isnt for real is it? He said exactly what he wants him to say, but not in the rage filled words he thinks he should of used.

70. Good Habits says:

Does is really matter what Price says to the media after a game?

not about hockey but still ridiculous http://www.mytacotruck.blogspot.com

71. Barts says:

I happen to agree. He has a very laissez faire attitude, which may appeal to people, but he hasn’t got the eye of the tiger which wins championships. “…you can’t play perfect every game.” What the hell kind of statement is that? Maybe not, but you can damn well try, and you certainly don’t have to let it be known that you won’t. It’s about consistency, that’s his problem and he’s fine with it. You would never have heard Pat Roy spew crap like that.

And for those who continually criticize posters who have an opinion on here. That’s what this forum is for. The proverbial door is available for your use.

72. habs-fan-84 says:

I think you need to find a new past time. How you could spend so much time analyzing his comments and LOOKING for something to complain about is beyond me.

73. punkster says:

You have an incredibly immature way of looking at things.

***SUBBANGIN’ NOW BABY!!!***

74. J Haul says:

Isn’t that the same type of schtick that’s wearing pretty thin with Miller in Buffalo? It certainly hasn’t helped that team any.

I thought Price’s comments were measured and yet straight forward. Handled it like a pro.

75. Loonie says:

By you they did, but not by Price.

76. Mattyleg says:

Yeah!
    He should have done it, naming each and every player who underperformed in his opinion, and then turned around and said “You Deserved That!!”

You tell ‘im!

77. Luke says:

You need to listen to Ryan Miller’s post-game remarks and decide if you want that on the Habs.
    I don’t.

78. Mattyleg says:

And say the first thing that comes into your mind to the media?

79. Luke says:

I love that you have ‘persective’ in your name.

80. Bill says:

Never good when the goalie calls out his team publicly. Or really anyone. Maybe the captain’s job, but he’d still have to word it right.

Full Breezer 4 Life

81. Mattyleg says:

…how in God’s name is that a good thing for a team?

You seem to be under the impression that what a player says to the media is the same thing as what he says in a dressing room.

82. Good Habits says:

He’s not an emotional guy. He’d be more happy spinning lassos on a ranch.

My point is, whatever is said into 20 microphones in a lockerroom is for us not his teammates. I’m sure when the doors are closed, their words carry more weight.

not about hockey but still ridiculous http://www.mytacotruck.blogspot.com

83. Luke says:

Yah, the Oilers wouldn’t have accomplished ANYTHING if it wasn’t for Gretzky constantly ragging on them in the media!!

84. bwoar says:

He doesn’t have a laissez faire attitude. Anyone who thinks that is dumber than a bag of hammers and uglier than a bucket of smashed a–holes.

While I’m at it, anyone on this site saying “Pat Roy” is a blizzard of idiocy and and irrevocably stupid flatworm, for whom I shall have nothing but raw contempt. I’ll bet your stink like a whore’s footlocker too.

Passionate enough?

“thoroughbred”

85. Rudy says:

Whatever Price says to the medis is broadcast for millions to hear. I’m sure what he wanted the players to hear was said in the locker room, where it belongs

86. Easy Dave he’s just a kid, have fun with his comments…like when I see his posts it’s all blah blah blah I hate Price blah blah blah Price sucks…..blah blah blah why won’t people reply to my messages unless I trash Carey…..look at me, love me…..

Shane Oliver
    Twitter @Sholi2000
    Custom Sports Figures

87. Mattyleg says:

Analogies aren’t comparisons.

88. Good Habits says:

No, he’s saying how classless and ineffectual it is to be a media bitch.

not about hockey but still ridiculous http://www.mytacotruck.blogspot.com

89. Mattyleg says:

The point is that he is not comparing.
    He is using an analogy to draw attention to an aspect of your argument.

90. ebk says:

very ironic, isn’t it.

91. Loonie says:

Because a team is like a family.

Do you share the same opinions with people you don’t care for as you do with those you do care for?

Are you blunt and forthcoming with your critique of acquaintances as you are with friends?

Can you be brutally honest with somebody you’ve just met like you can with someone close to you?

The answer should be no to those questions, if it’s yes you’re probably a big douchebag.

92. Mattyleg says:

It’s a shame that you would even think that.

It’s indicative of a lot of things.

93. Loonie says:

That was put very politely Matty.

94. Loonie says:

He’s hinting that you haven’t been in a locker room for any significant period of time or rather that if you were you didn’t have an understanding of the dynamic of the team or the communication that took place.

Gorges likely says something along the lines of “we’ve got a be harder on the puck, we’re giving them a free pass to the net” quite often, but you aren’t going to hear Gorges brow beat his teammates to Renaud Lavoie. Because they’re accountable to each other, not him.

95. jedimyrmidon says:

Your posts are simply assuming the opposite.

But one assumption, that the team is much more forthcoming behind closed doors than they are to the media, is infinitely more reasonable than the other.

96. Mattyleg says:

As I said, if you can’t make that basic assumption, it is indicative of many things.

At the risk of sounding condescending:

My experience of playing on a team and being a member of a few families is that you don’t air your dirty laundry for the neigbours.

And I’ll tell you something else: People don’t express dissatisfaction the same way. For some people yelling can mean anything from happiness to anger. For others, silence is far more menacing and condemning than anything.

I’m not going any further down a road that you seem unable to take the first step on.

97. Loonie says:

The team’s winning. Whatever is going on in the dressing room is working.

98. Propwash says:

Personally, I’ve met some great people on this site, some of which no longer post here.

____________________
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

99. Dunboyne Mike says:

No names, Prop, but for what kind of reasons do people stop posting here? (I don’t mean to sound like someone who can’t get his head around anyone not wanting to post here!).

100. Mattyleg says:

Um… three (count ‘em) THREE goals went in off feet/legs last night.
    Two off our own defencemen.

If you can’t call those bad bounces, I don’t know how you would describe that term.

And note HFL didn’t say we lost because of them.
    Just read carefully.

101. Vinny Red says:

He clearly understands what being a good teammate means

Finally after so long, we have a healthy environment (from an outsider’s point of view) and we are beginning to instill the type of team culture that has been lacking for so long, and the results are there. Have 1 bad game (2nd in 3 nights with a travel day in between) and people are ready to freak out and want people to start calling each other out in the media no less. That’s the way to keep building a positive successful environment. Hey I hear Steve Avery is UFA, maybe we should go pick him up, he’ll fit right in with that sort of team (or lack thereof) mentality

102. Propwash says:

They have their own personal reasons I guess, some of them got fed up of personal attacks I guess.

____________________