Budaj to start for Habs against Rangers

Peter Budaj will get the start in goal when the Canadiens play the New York Rangers Monday night at Madison Square Garden (7:30 p.m., TSN-HABS, RDS, TSN Radio 690).

Budaj has started only one of the Canadiens’ first 11 games, posting a 1-0 record with a 1.00 goals-against average and .964 save percentage.

Louis Leblanc, who was called up from the Hamilton Bulldogs on Sunday, skated on a line with David Desharnais and Rene Bourque during Monday’s morning skate and will play against the Rangers, taking Travis Moen’s spot. Moen didn’t make the trip to New York after being hit in the face with a puck during Saturday’s 2-0 loss to the San Jose Sharks. He suffered a small fracture and will be sidelined for a week.

Defenceman Douglas Murray, who has been sidelined since training camp with a lower-body injury, took part in the morning skate and will be in the lineup against the Rangers, playing his first game in a Habs jersey. Murray will be paired with Francis Bouillon and coach Michel Therrien said he would monitor Murray’s ice time.

George Parros, who hasn’t played since suffering a concussion in the season opener, took part in the morning skate but was still wearing a no-contact jersey.

Expect Carey Price to be back in goal Tuesday night when the Canadiens play host to the Dallas Stars at the Bell Centre. In 10 games this season, Price has a 5-5-0 record with one shutout, a 2.12 goals-against average and .937 save percentage.

Here’s how the lines and defence pairings looked at the morning skate:

Galchenyuk – Eller – Gallagher
Bournival – Plekanec – Gionta
Bourque – Desharnais – Leblanc
Blunden – White – Holland
Parros

Markov – Subban
Gorges – Diaz
Murray – Bouillon
Pateryn

Hear what Murray had to say after the morning skate by clicking here.

Hear what Leblanc had to say by clicking here.

Hear what Therrien had to say by clicking here.

(Photo by Ryan Remiorz/The Canadian Press)

Rangers vs. Habs preview, NHL.com

Game Day Report, Canadiens.com

Game of firsts (video), Canadiens.com

Road-weary Rangers are back home at last, New York Times

Old foes, new Garden for Rangers, newyorkrangers.com

P.K. Subban gets punk’d by Brandon Prust (video), Canadiens.com

Ian’s 2012 Summit thanks to all,
    for making this Summit a great success from top to bottom.

Special thank you to the Gazette Editor in Chief Lucinda, sports editor Stu Cowan, Dave Stubbs, Mike Boone, and our new HIO lady sports writer that my dumb brain won’t spit our her name just now. I thank all of you first, for having a site that our HIO family can come together daily.
    And secondly for supporting me so kindly, putting on this annual event. You are our true leaders and head of our HIO community.

Also thanks go out to Westmount Movers and storage in supplying two of their staff who helped me with the raffle tickets. Along with Fred Sherrington and his son Fred jr.

Thanks to Shane, Sherrie secretdragonfly & Tim for doing our name tags this year! good job!

And thanks to our guest for dropping in, Rej. Houle with a team signed stick, Alan Globinsky, former player with Jr. Canadiens, California Seals and Vancouver Canucks. His wife Carol who owns a jewelery store downtown, donated a very expensive piece from her store to the raffle, I do not know who won it, let me know.

And to all our HIO Family who supported the Children’s Raffle with gift donations and purchasing of raffle tickets, I thank you ever so much for your great big hearts! I LOVE YA !

We raised $3500, CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE!!

We are so many now, I will be acquiring a banquet hall for next year. Buffet meal, own bar and more area to socialize. It will be cheaper for everyone and all kids can attend. The hall will again be used after the game for a family dance and I will be supplying a live group for music.

Post your Summit pictures on link below yourself.
    Summit game tickets, News, Pictures and comments

2. joeybarrie says:

Seems MB got it right cause Erik Cole’s 16 points in his last 57 games over the last 2 seasons say that he isn’t the same player he was before the lockout.
    Love Cole, especially high fiving the Ref, but i think we made the right move there… No matter how tough it was.

New thread (and no, you won’t be the first)

4. John Q Public says:

Erik Cole: «J’aurais aimé rester à Montréal»

Seems MB is a _________________ .

5. Max_a_million says:

In the hindsight is 20/20 portion of my posts today.

Imagine not having signed briere in the offseason, and once Buffalo folds trading Rene Bourque for Vanek right about now?

6. Kooch7800 says:

Anyone know what is happening with Hal gill? i thought he signed a year deal with Philly but I don’t see him playing at all

“Keep your stick on the Ice”

7. Habfan17 says:

Some have posted that there are rumours that the Habs and Colorado may be looking at making a trade. I could see Roy wanting Beaulieu, I don’t see the Habs wanting Statsny. He is another centre and comes with a high salary and cap hit. I could see MB potentially wanting O’Reilly. Still, to trade Beaulieu would be tough. I could see more of a Gorges for a prospect or pick kind of deal. Give Colorado some experience, but not over the hill.

Habfan17

8. Kooch7800 says:

Would love to see one of these tonight. Man some of these look painful.

I get excited just thinking about having Emelin in the same D core as Murray. Forwards won’t be getting a free pass coming in our zone when they are in there along with PK

“Keep your stick on the Ice”

9. 2013 Summit Conclusion
    Holy crap what a weekend. Started off with an amazing Canadiens vs Ducks that I wish everyone who travelled the globe to be in Montreal this weekend could have saw and ended with Stu Cowan and I coming up with a new feature for next year’s Summit that will be sure to draw more people.

Anyways, I left Brandon MB at 2 am on Thurs. Got to Winterpeg Airport around 4:20. Before I check my bag I had funny feeling about my luggage so I asked myself if my bag goes missing am I in trouble this weekend? SO I removed my tickets to the Ducks and Sharks (and GrimJim’s) and I put my prize and name tags in the carry-on bag. Sure enough my luggage never made it to Montreal on time for Thursday game. No worries it got to me Thursday night.

Amazing atmosphere for Saku Thursday that brought tears to my eyes, OK Yes I cry a lot anyways haha.
    I was so tired during the game that I nodded off a few times, never missed anything though.

So before all that, we wanted to hook up with L Elle for super. Spent Thursday afternoon walking around Montreal and I mean walking. We walked miles! Who knew asking a homeless person for directions to a restaurant could be so wrong (nice work Gerald). But in the end we got to Dippsies oh I mean Bowfingers and had some flintstone style ribs, well I didn’t because your highness was in 201 for the game and I wanted an empty stomach.

Friday was another adventurous day. Woke up around 11, and met up with the gang (Jim, Chris, Jimgrim, Gerald, and L Elle), we then went for lunch at some poutine place. It’s was a healthy choice that Jim wanted to do, and thanks for that L Ellle, I love a good pungtang restaurant.

I wasn’t watching what I was eating this past weekend but I passed on the poutine. Just too heavy for me. I had two large cheeseburgers instead haha. Bripro met us at the restaurant and when he walked in I was shocked how I imagined this guy to be like…..he was even nicer in person than he is online and through emails and the man is huge, I’m talking G size!

After me witching and complaining L Elle took me to a memorabilia place in the Eaton’s mall ( I don’t know where I was, sounds good though) and I found a Michael Schumacher race worn autographed helmet, it was only 4700 so I bought it and gave it to L Elle as a thank you gift. OK so that’s not true, but I did buy her a coffee at Trois Brasseur, and we also tried some of their beers…ok more than some.

Time was flying by all afternoon and so were the beers. We ended up at Orchard for more beers and eats, and I made it to Hurley’s for Friday night where I did video interviews with all who came and some nice looking ladies from the Germany.

Met Rob and Alanine (spelled wrong sorry) and in turn they introduced me to my favourite new people, Jon from London, Nicole from Austria and Joe from Mauritius but I could be making that part up. Rob where is Joe from again? More beers, more video,and BAMB, It’s 4 am Saturday morning! YES made it.

Yadda yadda yadda, Auction time Saturday. My # was called out semi early, I was walking around and I saw this Easton RS stick, ok a nice 400 stick I can use in case my RBK AI 7 breaks. I sit down all happy with my prize and notice Subban on the shaft, and 14 on the taped grip. Right away I think is this PK’s stick from junior and we’re all convinced it was. Later on I was informed it was Jordan’s stick so I get all excited and say “great I can use it then, no worries” but Ian thought I was serious, so we got a giggle. I may still use it though haha, my son uses RS stealth, very nice stick.

Took some pics and video of everyone at the dinner. TIMO’s CCM shirt went to a good man in Calgary. It should make it to TIMO’s residence in the near future.

Sharks game sucked but the Habs played with them no problem, so when we meet in the finals the Habs will take them no worries.
    I know I left out a whole pile of stuff, but I am bagged and need to get back to work so I can come back to Montreal for the playoffs.

Yes there was mention of handcream, yes there was a lot of beer drank. Yes front is a real person. Yes Normand was missing, and to this very minute I still don’t know if he made it. Hope you’re all right Normand.

By far the best Summit to date, and like I said earlier, wait until next year! So start saving your pennies and get to Montreal for SUMMIT 14.

The greatest fans on the planet, Montreal Canadiens fans, forever number 1!

TSN Olympic Update.
    1. Carey Price , no change, he is destroying the competition with his play.
    2. Luongo out, James Reimer in
    3. Smith out, Steve Mason in (haha)
    4. Bernier out, Luongo in
    5. Crawford
    6. Bernier
    7. Holtby

Carey is outplaying them all, it’s his to lose.

Shane Oliver
    Twitter @Sholi2000
    Custom Sports Figures
    Summit Member 1.29.31.33

10. Lafleurguy says:

A current prime example of a late bloomer is Matt Moulson. 9th round pick of the Penguins, never signed. Free agent signing with the Kings, 6 goals in 29 NHL games spread out over 3 years. Age 24 free agent signing by the Islanders and broke out with 30 goals, followed by 36, 31, and 15 in 47 games last year. His highest PIM is 24 so he’s a Pacioretty type. Born in Mississauga, so escaped from under the Leaf’s noses twice (Burke was busy signing Tyler Bozak, Brayden Irwin, and Christian Hansen).

“May you live in interesting times.”

11. Bugs says:

If Louie hasn’t picked up a point tonight towards the end of the game, d’ya think he’ll drop’em?

Left turn-missin’ L. B. Potter.

12. Sportfan says:

I gotta know did anyone win the MAB jersey signed by Timo?

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!