Bruins: Seguin, Recchi will dress; no Big Z

Boston Bruins coach Claude Julien announced last night that the highly touted Tyler Seguin will dress for the visitors tonight at the Bell Centre vs. the Canadiens. Here’s the full Bruins roster, with captain Zdeno Chara hitting his head on the arena ceiling when he stands up in the press box. (There could be a combined 53 Canadiens and Bruins up there tonight.)

Forwards: Bergeron, Campbell, Caron, Horton, McGrattan, Paille, Recchi, Reich, Sauve, Seguin, Spooner, Wheeler

Defence: Bartkowski, Bodnarchuk, Boychuk, Hunwick, McQuaid, Seidenberg

Goalies: Rask, Schaefer

Boone blogs live

• Stubbs talks to Mike Cammalleri

And for your pre-game amusement, candid footage of the HIO Summit (posted by Boone; don’t blame Stubbs for it)

hkOYQV4wTMM

Aaron Palushaj impresses his coach: Pat Hickey

Jaro Spacek happy to be playing the right side

• François Gagnon on the Bruins

Leafs suck, Jaro drops Blues debut and Tanguay shines

1. WarHero says:

Why buy when you can use the site above for free? There streams are always very reliable :)

————————————————————————

2. CERF says:

Habs and the 25th cup would top it!

3. Chuck says:

It’s all about consistency.

4. HabFanSince72 says:

So he’s carrying on exactly where he left off in the conference final.

5. notbigbird says:

Pot calling the kettle, Sherlock.

6. HabFanSince72 says:

I’ve said this before, but if you are using Windows, watch for spyware and adware from that site.

7. RGM says:

It was definitely a pre-season split squad for our side – Halak and Denis split goaltending duties, no Koivu or Kovalev but a lot of green faces. I don’t recall if Lucic dressed for the game or not, but Scott Thornton was out there to goon it up a bunch.

8. SeriousFan09 says:

Didn’t the Bruins also dress mostly regulars for that game while the Habs were dressing more of a straight-out  pre season squad with a lot of rookies? I didn’t see it but I was told the Bruins basically sent out their actual team to pounce on the Habs.

08-09 was the result of the 07-08 magic fading away, no Kovalev playing like he cares and Pleks in the doldrums, the second Lang went down I knew the team was buggered.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

9. ckckckc says:

I asked in an ealier thread if RDS is offering the games streaming on the net? anyone know and if yes can you post the link.

I bought the package a couple years ago when I was living abroad and it was fantastic.

GO HABS GO!

Ck

10. CP31 says:

I specifically targeted and bought tickets for the Jan 22/10 game against Anaheim just so I can show one of my favourite Habs of all-time (the other Roy) how much I appreciated his hard work and dedication to Montreal over the 14 years he was here!!

I plan on losing my voice before the puck even drops….”SAKU, SAKU, SAKU, SAKU, SAKU, SAKU”

FROM SAKU TO GIO, SAME STATURE AND JUST AS MUCH HEART!! GREAT DECISION!!

11. RGM says:

Thanks for sharing this – great little story and I hope that he does end up with the C, though I think they’ll go with Getzy for it.

12. G-Man says:

You should talk. Sherlock has been dead for years, yet  there you are, still hanging on…

13. CP31 says:

Habs and nutella………………………you’d be hard pressed to find a better combination!

FROM SAKU TO GIO, SAME STATURE AND JUST AS MUCH HEART!! GREAT DECISION!!

14. Rugger says:

.833 save percentage is getting bombed.

15. RGM says:

Yes and no. Something from our own recent history…

We all recall the utter domination of the Habs over the Boston Bruins in the 07-08 season – 6-0 record, beat them out in the playoffs in a thrilling 7-game series. Well, first pre-season game in September 2008 they squared off here in Halifax and the Bruins absolutely thumped the Habs, on both the scoreboard and in the pugilistic department. That set the tone for the 08-09 season series, which Boston won handily (and destroyed Mike Komisarek as a hockey player in the process) before smoking us in the playoffs.

You can never be too certain as to which games will establish the feel for a season – the Leafs could just as easily bounce back and win 5-0 in their next game as they could get used to losing often and hard nice and early.

16. Dr-Watson says:

Hey SpongeBob, another pointless and aimless post. Wouldn’t it be funny if you came up with something original for a change. Your idol is gone but the infatuation continues.

17. RGM says:

I’ll take “Jerkoff Things Done By Daniel Briere” for $400 Alex.

18. Bill J says:

& Leblanc scoring a Hat-Trick would be nice too.

Heck Palushaj too… :D

19. Bill J says:

I seem to remember Price’s 1st shutout having the same end result – Forget what donkey from the opposing team did it.

Anyone else remember ?

20. Matt_in_TO says:

I would have set fire to it

- In Price We Trust

21. G-Man says:

That’s my point- Saku was a career 2nd liner that was given a role too large for him. This was after Pierre Turgeon was drummed out of town.

22. ChrisHabs12 says:

Does anyone know of a website where I can stream the game tonight?

Big Habs fan living in Boston, of course not on TV here.

23. SeriousFan09 says:

Look at his career linemates, almost all of them 2nd-liners on their best day.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

24. SeriousFan09 says:

Versteeg claim inspiration by Pronger?

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

25. HabFanSince72 says:

Classy Leaf.

After the game the OHL goalie who shutout the Leafs couldn’t get the game puck. Kris Versteeg shot it into the stands. First thing he hit all night.

26. CERF says:

mmm, what a morning.

Coffee with a PB and nutella sandwich while reading how the laffs sucked it up just makes my morning at the office all smiles and too boot! our Habbies playing tonight.

All i am missing is Tinordi to level someone and my days gold.

Toronto’s major challenge will be keeping Boston out of the draft lottery.

28. observer says:

100% RIGHT! Exhibition scores mean so much!

29. HabFanSince72 says:

How does CHris Lee still have a job?

30. RJ says:

Since when is three goals considered “bombed?” I guess it is on this board when Halak is involved. In journalistic fairness, I expect the same headline when The Franchise lets in three…tonight perhaps? Nah, that will never happen here.

“My face is my mask,” Gump Worsley

31. HabFanSince72 says:

You forgot “hard to play against”.

32. HabFanSince72 says:

How can he know he doesn’t like it if he doesn’t read it?

We’re not in the position where we need Jaro to save this franchise or save this team. He’s going to be a big part of the team, but no one player is bigger than the team this year or any year. Jaro’s going to be a big part of it. He will not have to be the team.”

Looks like the Blues are getting a dose of Jaromania. How good for the room is it to have the saviour in it?

I like Jaro. I wish him well. Well, he’s earned it and I do mean earn.

Wouldn’t it be funny if he becomes Huet v2.0?

Looks like its Jaro Halak Superstar now!!!

34. HabFanSince72 says:

Ottawa didn’t dress any of their star players either.

35. nightmare_49 says:

Around our Division:

Kassian out to impress Sabres …

Former first-round pick has been impressive in training camp.

Unlike the Toronto Maple Leafs, the Ottawa Senators didn’t make it any easier for coach Cory Clouston to pick his team for the 2010-11 season.
    Boston Bruins:
    Horton settling into comfort zone with B’s
    toronto maple laffs … Same old _ _ _ _.
  36. G-Man says:

Look at his career totals. Way over-rated.

37. nightmare_49 says:

What to Watch for as Habs Begin Pre-season

by Rick Stephens …  AllHabs.net

Montreal Canadiens

Goaltenders: Carey Price and Curtis Sanford

Defensemen: Jaroslav Spacek, Josh Gorges, Hal Gill, Yannick Weber, Jarred Tinordi, Frédéric St-Denis.

Forwards: Tomas Plekanec, Michael Cammalleri, Benoit Pouliot, Maxim Lapierre, Travis Moen,Tom Pyatt, Jeff Halpern, Louis Leblanc, Gabriel Dumont, Aaron Palushaj, Benjamin Maxwell,Andrew Conboy.