Bruins: Seguin, Recchi will dress; no Big Z

Boston Bruins coach Claude Julien announced last night that the highly touted Tyler Seguin will dress for the visitors tonight at the Bell Centre vs. the Canadiens. Here’s the full Bruins roster, with captain Zdeno Chara hitting his head on the arena ceiling when he stands up in the press box. (There could be a combined 53 Canadiens and Bruins up there tonight.)

Forwards: Bergeron, Campbell, Caron, Horton, McGrattan, Paille, Recchi, Reich, Sauve, Seguin, Spooner, Wheeler

Defence: Bartkowski, Bodnarchuk, Boychuk, Hunwick, McQuaid, Seidenberg

Goalies: Rask, Schaefer

Boone blogs live

• Stubbs talks to Mike Cammalleri

And for your pre-game amusement, candid footage of the HIO Summit (posted by Boone; don’t blame Stubbs for it)

hkOYQV4wTMM

Aaron Palushaj impresses his coach: Pat Hickey

Jaro Spacek happy to be playing the right side

• François Gagnon on the Bruins

Leafs suck, Jaro drops Blues debut and Tanguay shines

1. nightmare_49 says:

What to Watch for as Habs Begin Pre-season

by Rick Stephens …  AllHabs.net

Montreal Canadiens

Goaltenders: Carey Price and Curtis Sanford

Defensemen: Jaroslav Spacek, Josh Gorges, Hal Gill, Yannick Weber, Jarred Tinordi, Frédéric St-Denis.

Forwards: Tomas Plekanec, Michael Cammalleri, Benoit Pouliot, Maxim Lapierre, Travis Moen,Tom Pyatt, Jeff Halpern, Louis Leblanc, Gabriel Dumont, Aaron Palushaj, Benjamin Maxwell,Andrew Conboy.

2. BJ says:

Koivu was a great player and leader on very mediocre teams. I really appreciated his contribution over the years.

3. BJ says:

The have a good defense its helps to have a good offense. Until further notice that will be a huge challenge for Toronto to have to find a way to balance offense and defense.

4. andrewberkshire says:

If he was at best a 60 point guy, how did he surpass 70 points twice after 1998?

5. G-Man says:

Sorry, Saku was nowhere near the player he was before that 98 knee injury in Chicago. I was surprised the Habs kept him so long. At best a 60 point/season guy- and for a number 1 center that’s nowhere near good enough.

Hear that, Gomez? 🙂

6. sholi2000.com says:

No goaltending, no defense, and little scoring.  The only reason they go anywhere is because of the division they are in.

They Call Me Shane

7. SnowManHabs85 says:

Its a little surprising to see when Leaf fans said they have one of the “best” defense in the league. Hahaha, it’s surprisingly funny. Maybe Kadri ain’t ready yet for a full time NHL job.

8. Bugs says:

That’s weird.

I just heard TSN finish saying he was the greatest thing outta Sveden since Dolph Lundgren.

Why would TSN exaggerate about stuff like that?

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Assistant Head Honcho to what goes down in Chinatown, Big Cheese at Flannelcorp Media, and Lead Copy-boy at Habsbros Hard Data Factory: http://habsbros.blogspot.com

9. Bugs says:

I was gonna mention something to Effie about his motivation (you kow what I mean, Kabbie) in replying to me the way he did, but then I thought “no, this would only work if another member of the Trifecta showed up.”

Yay!

Don’t ever forget, Effie: if my argumentifying was too careless towards you in the past, anything and everything I say afterwards must be attacked and by all means characterized as idiotic. This will make you come off smarter than me, which is very, very important, and therefore, you will be a more reliable agent in the data delivery process than my stupidity and ignorance could ever allow me to aspire to in the future. But MOST importantly, and this is the capital kicker, you recover that lost pride I so foolishly trod on long ago.

Now, I wonder if the third member…naah, that would be TOO on the nose.

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

10. Bugs says:

I guess you saw that TSN report tonight too?

“There’s no QUESTION the leafs are UNDENIABLY better this year; now, let’s look at the crop.”

I was reeling.

First off, they recognize that apart from Kessel, it’s kinda thin. So I was like “Really? Get ON outta here!”

But then, they (and by ‘they’, I mean the toranna sp. net.) take for granted that their goalie position is one of “depth”. And that they could “trade” something outta there that would give great offensive return. I’m like “Did I miss somethin? Did I miss the good part? Giggy got his equipment shrunk and proceeded directly to get outplayed by a rookie; and when the “monster” is playing good, which is 50% of the time, he still can’t score. What the hell? Depth? In what way? The hole you’re in is deep, deep, deep, kinda depth?”

Cuz with all the crap the Priceberg takes in the face, so far, he’s been twice the goalie this “monster” has been, and WE don’t even say “depth” yet. Right away, I thought “this is a joke.”

Then, I hear that Dion, Komo, Beauchemin and ?Lebda? is apparently a defensive juggernaut akin to Pronger and cie, instead of a bunch’o’hot-headed pylons I thought I was lookin at all this time. And they (and by “they”, I mean the actual club and not the toranna media sock puppets bought and paid for by a teacher’s fund) could “trade” something outta there that would give great offensive return. So finally, I was like “they’re doin this on purpose at TSN; throwin The Twilight Zone in our faces and watchin us squirm.”

What is this, some kinda friggin joke? You got shellacked by KIDS today! Kids! Friggin CHILDREN! Look at yourselves! You don’t even CARE how stupid you look! Why do you do this?! Stop!

I’m out, I’m out, that’s it, I’m out.

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

11. ooder says:

dude pierre dagenais was a beast!!!!

——————

88 is the new 23

12. andrewberkshire says:

Is anyone surprised?

13. ooder says:

hahah the leafs are sooo bad

——————

88 is the new 23

14. rocketsglare says:

Saku Koivu may have not won a championship in Montreal, but it was not for a lack of trying. He did the

best he could with the team’s he was asked to lead and regardless of his failure as captain to bring Mon-

treal a championship, he gave his all and more and for that, we should be greatful for his many contrib-

utions to his former team and to the city of Montreal.

15. citizenSanto says:

absolutely. It’s hunting season after all … not wabbit season

————————————————————–

Hope has two beautiful daughters. Their names are anger and courage; anger at the way things are, and courage to see that they do not remain the way they are.
    — Augustine of Hippo

16. K-hab25 says:

And you responding to him is what?

17. citizenSanto says:

srry double post

18. avatar_58 says:

I managed to have more saves than Gustavsson tonight.

19. Bugs says:

The odds of you giving a leaf jersey away?

Ummm, 100%?

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

20. Bugs says:

“Accidentally” of course. We don’t wanna see anyone get hurt after all.

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

21. Bugs says:

I stink because I love, you know that.

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

22. citizenSanto says:

ah bugs

ain’t he a stinker!

———————————————–

— Augustine of Hippo

23. Harani says:

Recchi was actually in his 3rd season when Seguin was born! That’s EPIC!

“It must be love!”

24. otter649 says:

Recchi was probably playing in The NHL before Seguin was born……..

25. avatar_58 says:

Btw I won a Phaneuf jersey, gave it to my friend. What are the odds?

26. otter649 says:

Yes, A split club for both teams like baseball does in spring training games. It could start a trend in the near future for other NHL teams to do this and possibly get a look at more players in their system and also get & finish their exhibition game schedule finished earlier……..

27. Clay4bc says:

If you don’t like it, don’t read it. Whining about it is just childish.

__________________________

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.

— George Orwell —

28. avatar_58 says:

While I love me some Saku, he wasn’t “the best player” in recent years. He fought hard, he led with courage – but it’s not like he was a 50 goal scorer, a master sniper or some awesome dangler. He was Saku. Cammalleri, Gomez and Gionta are far more talented offensively.

BUT! He was still awesome and will always be a hab, no matter which jerseys he wears in the future.

29. oshawahabsfan says:

Thanks for posting, it would be fitting for him to be captain, he’s definitely a leader. Selanne could be a good candidate as well

30. SeriousFan09 says:

Toe Blake, Emile “Butch” Bouchard, Maurice Richard, Jean Beliveau, Henri Richard, Yvan Cournoyer, Bob Gainey and Guy Carbonneau did not lift the Canadiens to Cups by themselves, why was supposed Koivu supposed to?

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

31. habsfan321 says:

Bruins roster for tomorrow’s game:

Forwards: Tyler Seguin, Mark Recchi, Blake Wheeler, Patrice Bergeron, Gregory Campbell, Jordan Caron, Nathan Horton, Brian McGrattan, Danny Paille, Jeremy Reich, Maxime Sauve, Ryan Spooner

Defensemen: Matt Bartkowski, Andrew Bodnarchuk, Johnny Boychuk, Matt Hunwick, Adam McQuaid, Dennis Seidenberg

Goaltenders: Tuukka Rask, Nolan Schaefer

Source: http://www.somethingsbruin.net/boston-bruins/september-2010/bruins-roster-for-pre-season-opener-released.html

32. TOEmastro says:

Can’t wait for tomorrow, takin’ my bro to the game

33. avatar_58 says:

Tinordi should “deal” with him

34. likehoy says:

i bet there would be more posters on that site than on this one.

“oh kovalev/halak/latendresse/theodore/recchi/guy boucher/cedric desjardins/moore”

– I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

35. Sheldon says:

Poor Saku will go down as the Don Mattingly of the Habs. The best player to have worn the jersey without winning a Stanley Cup.

36. Sheldon says:

I didn’t see you from my spacecraft, but I did sense you. Me and the rest of my alien friends know you were there. Good on you! Tell us, did the Gladiator dude show up for the opening?

37. Exit716 says:

Went further in the playoffs last year without him.

38. Sheldon says:

Hey, he’s been clean for a year from what I’ve been told! LOL

39. avatar_58 says:

I was at the Leafs game. I’m pretty sure you know the score. Anyone see me? I was wearing my kovy t-shirt right behind the net 😀

Shoudn’t you be posting that at exhabsinsideout.com

41. soflohabsfan says:

No one Perezhogin is in Russia.

It raises the bar for sure, for the Habs I mean as they’re our division rivals, but to see the Leafs rebuild the Bruins really, really annoys me. I can’t imagine how the Leaf trolls are reacting to Burke’s genius Kessel trade.

43. SeriousFan09 says:

Koivu story on life in Anaheim for those with fond memories of Saku.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

44. Yeats says:

And, you suspect that somone on the Habs might perpetrate such an act? Who you getting your dope from?

I said the same thing a few threads ago. Cammy is my choice because he buys into what being a Hab is. His eyes light up when he talks about it.

46. soflohabsfan says:

Are the Nucks and Flames playing 2 games tonight?

47. Yeats says:

I’m in your camp on all of those issues. Hell, even Cherry is on board with the no-touch icing. That speaks for itself!

48. SeriousFan09 says:

NHL mandating visors, no-touch icing and elimination of hard-cap pads would do much for player safety and who would it hurt? NO ONE, in fact less people would get hurt, it’s insane.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

49. HFX-HabFan says:

Classless as always.

50. oldrrty says:

I just feel that he truly loves be a Canadien. You know the feeling of pride and tradition and pure joy you got when you put on your first Canaidens sweater? I feel that Cammie gets it every time. He was the only one that shook everyone’s hand at the centennial game. He totally gets it!

I don’t care who wins as long as Toronto doesn’t!

51. Yeats says:

Agreed. Brendan Shanahan wore a pair just like my old Sherwoods. That is, no hard caps and just padded protection. I hate the current gear. That’s why I refuse to wear pants or shoulder guards when playing pickup. I must admit though that I have jettisonned all the padding I can in the interest of increased speed and of course modesty!

52. Bugs says:

Hopefully, Seguin won’t have an…”accident” in tomorrow night’s game.

God forbid and knock on wood and all that, but sadly, “accidents” have been known to happen. An “accidental” slash in the back of the neck or an “accidental” elbow to the jaw that requires months of reconstructive surgery, you never know… Still, terrible to see guys get hurt, but what can you do when “accidents” are involved? You can’t plan for those.

Ah, I’m sure everything’s gonna be juuuust fine.

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

53. SeriousFan09 says:

Iginla notches the winner in a 3-2 game for the Flames over the Canucks, nice solid wrister, Iggy’s still got it, shame he hasn’t got it on a contending team. Fire the Sutters already, preferably out of a cannon.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

54. rocketsglare says:

But Gionta is still my man for the “C”.

55. otter649 says:

Unfortuate about Savard maybe missing the season but is this just another blogger opinion or a twit as you would think Boston should know more about Savard’s condition than an outside source but if it is true it would help Boston & their salary cap issues………..

56. rocketsglare says:

Check out Nicholas Costsonka’s article on Mike Cammalleri (see YAHOO sports). He is one determined and

committed man and nothing to him appears insurmountable. Love his fire and passion for the game! Just

a great signing by the team.

57. Matt_in_TO says:

The 48th Highlanders is a great tradition but MLSE might want to rethink this.  It’s not like it’s brought them that much luck the past 43 years.

– In Price We Trust

58. SeriousFan09 says:

Very cool article, I saw that one earlier today.

I can easily live with Cammy wearing the C, but I just get a bigger vibe from Gio wearin’ it.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

59. SeriousFan09 says:

Nothing like handing your divisional rival Top 5 picks in the draft! Is it wrong to want an 18-year old kid to be a Daigle-level bust if that happens?

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

60. oldrrty says:

No offense to Gionta but I would love if Cammie was the Captain. This link is all the proof you need

I don’t care who wins as long as Toronto doesn’t!

61. HFX-HabFan says:

Even if Savard is out for the year, Pete Chiarelli has to be liking his chances of snagging Adam Larsson next June.  Burke, you idiot.

62. andrewberkshire says:

I heard they were going for the record most years you can milk a single championship as a winning tradition since the only cup they ever talk about is ’67.

63. JD_ says:

I’m stickin’ with my prediction the Loafs finish 31st.

I know, I know, there are only 30 teams in the league but, if any one team can manage to attain the impossible of all worst possible outcomes, you can count on the Loafs to do it.

64. andrewberkshire says:

I just love how they play off a ton of fights in camp like it’s just a bunch of buds playing around, when Komisarek tried ti ragdoll a guy. And with Kessel, Giguere and Phaneuf being noted for attitude problems, that team is going absolutely nowhere.

65. andrewberkshire says:

Well I guess he’s right on that one.

66. HabsProf says:

Interesting name from the Leafs-Sens tilt tonight – Corey Locke potted a goal and an assist for +2 on 2 SOG.

Nice to see he still has a shot at the NHL.  I, for one, am cheering for the guy.

_____________________________________
    “Deserves” got nothin’ to do with it.

67. JD_ says:

To be fair to Wilson, he was specifically makin’ reference to big saves on shots taken from the other team’s goal line.

68. SeriousFan09 says:

I love the nonstop talk about Giguere mentoring Gustavsson, mentor him to what, strap a mattress to his chest?

Giguere wanted out of ANA because of Hiller taking his job, how will he feel about Gustavsson threatening his? Not a happy room, especially if Phaneuf’s game can’t keep up with his mouth (which it can’t, at all).

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

69. andrewberkshire says:

My favourite was how Wilson bragged today about how they were going to get the big saves this year without Toskala.

70. light_n_tasty says:

The lightning are one of the most improved teams this year…

71. SeriousFan09 says:

Look at Gio’s shoulder pads! Take a note NHL punks, that’s what a man’s hockey pads look like, they’re protection, not weapons.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

72. Sheldon says:

I can’t stand the Leafs, but I do like the 48th Highlanders: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-EeX7onhH4.

The boys from TO need more of their truculence.

73. JD_ says:

What?

WHAT?

The Loafs laid a goose egg in a 5-zip whuppin’?

Phaneuf was undressed by Nick “Not As Good As His Dad” Foligno?

The Monstrosity and Under The Bus were mediocre?

The fans booed?

Wilson had to call a timeout durin’ a 5-3?

Wilson still has a job?

What’s goin’ on here? I mean, all the Loaf season previews had headlines like “They Should Improve” and “The Season Should Be Better” and “Things Are Looking Up” ‘n’ stuff like that.

Damn misleadin’ Loaf season previews! Damn ’em all to hell!

74. SeriousFan09 says:

TBL are leading Dallas 4-2 with 5 minutes left in their game, might as well hand the Cup to Vinny and Yzerman now folks.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

75. scrowe21 says:

The refs are driving me insane already…..and ive only watched a game and a half. Chris Lee needs to gtfo

——–

My spinorama shootout goal with Cammy