Brisebois out with shoulder injury

Canadiens defenceman Patrice Brisebois was not at practice Wednesday morning after injuring his right shoulder in Tuesday’s game against the Tampa Bay Lightning. Brisebois finished the game, but is listed as day-to-day and will not accompany the team to Philadelphia.

That means that Josh Gorges will be back in the lineup, leaving the Canadiens will no healthy skaters in reserve for the moment because of the injuries to Steve Begin and Bryan Smolinski.

Cristobal Huet was at practice and will accompany the team to Philadelphia, but will not dress.

1. saku11 says:

Sergei, Koivu and Higgins will light it up. Then Andrei will see his brother getting points so he’ll give 110%.

Higgins Koivu S.Kost
    A.Kost Pleks A. Kovalev

I hope these are the lines Carbo goes with. Hopefully this will put an end to the incessant line juggling.

2. Naila Jinnah says:

The Kostitsyn brothers, together again? Don’t look for him to play though… Not unless it’s absolutely necessary. Then again, who am I to comment? He might be exactly what we’re looking for 🙂

I wonder if Urquhart will get called back to Hamilton as a result… And good for Gorges! Maybe it’ll stick this time!

3. ebk says:

pretty accurate source you have.

4. J.T. says:

So I’m guessing Carbo will have him playing D with Bouillon to protect the chemistry of the Koivu/Higgins/Dandenault line. He might get six minutes of ice, but he’d better not make a mistake or he’ll get nailed to the bench.

5. PattyBoy31 says:

beat me to it 🙂 I hope this makes a surprising benefeit. Who thinks both kosts will play on the same line and break up the Plekanec line chemistry?

6. PattyBoy31 says:

I dont know if anyones said it but S.Kost has been called up

7. downeast hab says:

Carbo looks like someone strung out on wacky backey behind the bench. why dont he go back to the original lines from game one, and let the players work out their slumps on their own. There are several players who have said its hard getting use to different line combinations. Trades are not coming, so use what you got and hope.

8. Kevin says:

Kovalev hurt his wrist during the Tampa game. How many people think Philly will try to cheapshot him to the wrist or to the head again?

9. HabsInBlood says:

I hear the snow’s pretty good in France right now.

10. SlySil says:

You better not pout,
    you better not cry
    you better not shout, I’m telling you why

He’s on his way to Philly…..

11. kevin m says:

And it’s not the physical type that have cropped up lately to Begin, Smolinski, Brisebois or Grabovski. This team is hurting mentally. This team is hurting off the ice & it shows up on the ice.

I won’t pretend to know what it is. It could be a rift between rookies & veterans, Europeans vs North American, Haves vs Have nots… cliques in the dressing room. Whatever it is there is a severe lack of communication on the ice among the players.

This translates into giveaways all over the ice; but, especially in our own end where communication is essential to a flawless breakout.

This team does have talent & it was evidenced this year during blowouts of Carolina, Philadelphia & Boston. If this was a bad team they may have won these games, but not by that wide a margin. They also have had a couple of nail-biters against the Sens… argueably, one of the best teams in the league. This team HAS talent, but, if you’ve been watching lately, the hits, blocked shots & other sacrifices have been missing.

If the players don’t start playing for EACH OTHER then there is little hope of winning consistently. Forwards come back to help out THEIR defenseman, Defensemen clear out the front of the net & block shots for THEIR Goalie & in turn, THEIR goalie will stop 90+% of shots on net. This is the winning formula.

12. J.T. says:

Nah…Smolinski’s NTC will scuttle that deal.

13. krob1000 says:

BTW is talking to yourself any worse than my replying to my own posts???

14. krob1000 says:

Coincidence that Torotorella just went on record saying Lecavelier is the best in the league….have we ever really been to the moon?? Was there a second shooter?? I’ll leave you folks with these questions for the day as it should provide enough jibber jabber to make tomorrow morning pass by rather easily.

15. krob1000 says:

If we were to get either Richards or Lecavelier it would go a long way in attracting other players as many guys would love to play along side of either one of those gusys.

16. Scott in Montreal says:

I would probably develop a shoulder injury too if I were Brisebois and needed some way – any way – of ensuring I was not in the line-up against Philly…

17. krob1000 says:

I am not the only one who has benn off the wall enought to suggest a pie in the sky Price/Lecavelier idea.

18. Habs_008 says:

NAH naa naa naa naa anah hey hey hey, see you on saturday…..where you will give it away give it away now….give it away now…

19. Vincent is possible says:

Just remember fellow fans:

They have to continue to lose if we want change. The last thing we want is a 3 game winning streak. If you want change or a trade the Habs have to continue to lose to teams they should beat.
    The players are tired of Carbonneau, the refs are tired of him, and the fans are too.
    As for Brisbois,I was at the Habs home opener this year and I chanted “BREEZBY” while everyone else gave him a standing ovation. Who expected anything more of him? He’s like the french Gomer Pyle for the Canadiens. But, Carbs is taking him seriously! Those guys deserve each other.

Final thoughts:
    I say while you’re at it, bring back Stephan Richer and Mike McPhee out of retirement. __________________________________________________________________________

20. saku11 says:

my sources are saying Malkin and Staal and a 1st rounder for Huet, Ryder and Smolinski

21. Blitzen says:

I wonder if BreezeBy will go skiing now that he is injured, like in the good ole days. We can only hope.

22. HabsInBlood says:

All I have to say is…

23. SlySil says:

Breezer OUT!

Addition by Subtraction

This is further proof that God is a Habs fan. After a decade of testing us, he is taking matters into his/her own hands with injuries to our most useless players like Smolinski and the softest player in a Habs UNI (Youppi is a close second). If Bob won’t bring Sergei up, The Big Guy will make a roster spot for him.

24. fun police says:

injuries is when young kids are supposed to get a chance to play. however, carbo is like quinn was for the leafs, hates kids. doesn’t like to coach them, would rather have aging vets. how else do you explain brisebois playing as many minutes as he does. O’byrne gives the puck away, he sits. brisebois gives it away 2-3 times per game, no consequences. no excuses when lapierre and kosto are playing as many minutes as they do. carbo can’t coach skilled players. he doesn’t understand them. it is pathetic that we are being forced fed defensemen as forwards. carbo is arrogant.
    i know that the habs would be a much better team by simply getting rid of carbo. koivu would find his legs, ryder would score, dandy would be on the fourth line where he belongs and brisebois would be our hotdog eating pressbox player.

25. krob1000 says:

Betwwen Tlusty and Stralman they got 5 goals and 4 assits in 24 games…..that’s good enough for a top six gig over a defenseman isn’t if. I am sure Kostitsyn, D’Agostini, Locke or a couple others could come in and this is the perfect situation for it to occur.

26. krob1000 says:

The Leafs called up Tlusty, Stralman, Newbury and Gamanche intead of dressing defenseman as forwards.

27. HAB-PROFESSOR says:

BRIS should not see the ice again…I was glad when he left the habs, it was a move in the right direction,

this season is turning into a soap opera…BUT, i’m not switching channels, just yet.

Philly is going to come out with the intention of CRUSHING us to dust.
    you know what happens when enough pressure is applied to coal?

until the problem in my picture is solved…we will not be Champions.

28. ccs says:

Looks like the Pens need a goalie now that fleury is out for 6-8 weeks. Lets make a deal allready.

29. RetroMikey says:

Being from Southern Ontario, I’ve observed that the Leafs have performed well with injuries all season. No excuses for us! Now is the time for the players to perform and not disappoint us! Forget about calling anybody up, let the players on the current roster sweat it out and if I hear we are losing due to injuries, I’ll scream that everyone will hear me in Montreal!

“We will win the Cup only with Carey Price in the nets”