Bring on the Senators!

There will be an all-Canadian matchup in the opening round of the Stanley Cup playoffs, but it’s not the showdown many hockey fans had been anticipating.

The prospect of a Montreal-Toronto clash disappeared Sunday night when the Ottawa Senators beat the Bruins 4-2 in Boston. That result, coupled with the Canadiens’ 4-1 win over the Leafs Saturday night, gave the Canadiens first place in the Northeast Division and the No. 2 overall seed in the Eastern Conference.

That means Montreal will play Ottawa in a best-of-seven series that opens Thursday night at the Bell Centre. Game 2 will be Friday night at the Bell Centre, before the series shifts to Ottawa for Game 4 on Sunday and Game 5 on Tuesday, May 7. Those games will all start at 7 p.m. If necessary, Game 5 will be on Thursday, May 9 at the Bell Centre, Game 6 is slated for Saturday, May 11 in Ottawa and Game 7 on Sunday, May 12 at the Bell Centre.

Complete first-round playoff schedule.

The Canadiens had a 2-1-1 record against the Senators in the regular season. This will be the first playoff meeting between the two teams since the Senators returned to the NHL in 1992. The Canadiens head into the playoffs on a two-game winning streak after beating Winnipeg 4-2 on Thursday before defeating the Leafs.

The other first-round matchups in the Eastern Conference are Pittsburgh vs. the New York Islanders, Toronto vs. Boston and Washington vs. the New York Rangers.

The Bruins enter the playoffs having lost seven of their last nine games (including one overtime loss and another in a shootout) and Sunday’s game was their sixth in eight nights. The Leafs have lost four of their last six games. The Bruins and Leafs haven’t met in the playoffs since 1974, when Boston won in a first-round sweep.

The first round matchups in the Western Conference are Chicago vs. Minnesota, Anaheim vs. Detroit, Vancouver vs. San Jose and St. Louis vs. Los Angeles.

The Canadiens will practice at 11 a.m. Monday in Brossard.

(Photo by Allen McInnis/The Gazette)

Senators beat Boston for Habs matchup, montrealgazette.com

It’s Montreal vs. Ottawa, by Pat Hickey

Get ready for a 417 playoff matchup, by Jack Todd

The field is set for first round, NHL.com

Canadiens vs. Senators series preview, NHL.com

Sports psychologist put Eller on right track, by Dave Stubbs

Top 25 photos from 2012-13 season, canadiens.com

Most Memorable Moments Against the Senators, canadiens.com

Habs playoff fever heats up with “Bring the Cup Home”, by Stu Cowan

Ten players to watch in NHL postseason, montrealgazette.com

1. Old Bald Bird says:

I am glad that Les Boys finished first, but I am apprehensive about the Sens. I would have a lot of confidence playing the Leafs because I am simply not a believer in that team. But IMO, the Sens are good. They will play tight and not give an inch.

2. The Cat says:

I find it unusual the gazette didnt include Price in their list of players to watch in the post season.

• Clay says:

One way or the other, for sure he is going to be a huge factor in this series.

__________________________
      ☞ “And yet not choice but habit rules the unreflecting herd.” ~ William Wordsworth ☜

3. Cal says:

Habs displayed guts and resilience getting to second place in the East. Ottawa displayed guts and resilience getting to seventh.
    Habs have 10 players with 26 or more points.
    Sens have 5 with 20 +, 8 if you count 19+.
    Habs goalies with .905 + .908 save percentage.
    Ottawa with .941 +.936.
    Habs goal difference on season is +23
    Ottawa +8.

Analysis: Montreal scores and allows more goals.
    Ottawa scores less but allows less.
    Conclusion: I am a Habs fan. Habs in 6.

4. Habfan17 says:

I was nervous about playing the Leafs, not because I thought the leafs would win, but because of the cheap shots and injuries the Habs might of had to endure.

I am more worried about the Sens. They can skate, have experience, and match up very well. It should be a good series.

Since the Habs have made the playoffs and missed out on a potential lottery pick, I hope they at least go two rounds to get the young guys some valuable playoff experience.

Habfan17

5. Danno says:

Some thoughts on the Habs vs Sens series, Chris Neil and the full 2013 NHL playoff schedule.

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

• The Cat says:

Chris Neil aint no sissy. He handled Lucic last night, Prust vs Neil will be very interesting.

• Habfan17 says:

He is not a sissy, but he does play dirty then denies it. I have seen him throw many late, blindside hits!

Habfan17

• The Cat says:

A lot of players play dirty, I dont think many will admit to playing dirty.

• Habfan17 says:

No, but they also don’t take shots at other players for playing dirty and deny that they do like Neil has done.

Habfan17

6. HabFanSince72 says:

How will they decide who of Calgary and Carolina finished lower? They have identical W/L records and the same +/-. And of course there is no head to head.

7. Bob_Sacamano says:

I´m really looking forward to this. Of course Ottawa is a much more talented team than Toronto but at least we can expect some nice and decent hockey without having to fear a cheap shot during every shift.

It´s also great that Boston has to play Toronto. Both really deserve each other and I hope there´ll be a lot of injuries.

8. Maritime Ron says:

I so wanted the Leafs!
    A goalie with no playoff experience and a D that would have been further exposed as a unit of 6 immobile and not very good players. Reimer’s last playoff game was back in 09 in the ECHL. We saw how he reacted last Saturday night to playoff style pressure…

Oh well, this is going to be one heck of a series and no doubt goaltending will decide it.

Price has played well against Ottawa this year so he should have some confidence and comfort level.
    2-0-1 .944 SP 1.58 GAA.
    Anderson has had a great year, and even though he has yet to win a playoff series with either Colorado or Ottawa, last year his play in the playoffs was very good against the Rangers with a .933 SP and a 2.00 GAA in 7 games and no meltdowns.

And don’t think for 1 second this is going to be a ‘soft’ series.
    Ottawa ranked 6th in the NHL for total Hits and 3 of their Dmen ranked in the top 31 in the NHL for hits by Dmen.

Ottawa’s Penalty kill ranked #1 in the NHL this year and even though their PP was ranked low at 20th, Karlsson is back.

It’s time for Carey to step up. There is no room for average play or bad goals. He has to make those key saves at the right moment

• The Cat says:

I remember Anderson when he was a Florida Panther, he wasnt consistent but he could get ridiculously hot at times, like allow 1 goal in 4 games etc.

9. The Cat says:

I think the sens will be much much tougher than the leafs. They have that stifling defense mojo going (lowest goals against in the east, and only 2 goals allowed more than Chicago) Habs goalies will have to be up to the task of not letting in much at all.

10. jols101 says:

Re: Emelin

Did he have to get surgery on his knee? It was reported that he tore a ligament. Does that always require surgery or is it something that just heals over time?

11. vancouverite says:

Scoring Lines:
    Galchenyuk – Eller – Gallagher (14 min)
    Pacioretty – DD – Ryder (16 min)

Shutdown Lines:
    Bourque – Plekanec – Gionta (17 min) — against Sens’ top line
    Prust – Halpern – Moen (13 min)

Markov (21 min) – Subban (27 min) — vs. opposing top line
    Gorges (21 min) – Diaz (19 min) — vs. 2nd line
    Bouillon (17 min) – Tinordi (16 min)

12. jon514 says:

Lots of people seem worried about Anderson. I think Anderson is gonna have to be worried about Gallagher + Gionta spending 7 games in the blue paint.

Keys to victory:
    -Hammer Karlson.
    -Neutralize Neil.
    -Screens + Deflections.

13. kerrgte says:

Every team will be tough. Every player on every team will play hard and give everything they’ve got.

Overall, I’m pleased that our boys have until thursday to rest up and maybe mend the injuries a little bit. This is particularly true for Markov, Prust, and other players who are critical to team victory.

As mentioned in another comment, the matchup between PK and Karlsson will be a competition of the highest level. (I hope all aspiring defencemen will watch and make notes.)

cheers

14. j2w4habs25 says:

Let the games began! The Habs have the upper hand going into this series but so as the senators. If everyone is going to doubt senators they can make this series go 7 games.

Anderson will have to get nervous and the Fans have to jump on him as soon as possible because if this guy finds his game in one and two , he can win this for the senators. Just as what Cam Ward did back in 2006.

Carey Price #31

15. TheKarl says:

Ottawa can be beat, although having Karlsson back scares the hell out of me. The PK – Karlsson matchup will be amazing to watch as I honestly believe these two will be Norris candidates for the next 5-7 years at least.

I suspect it will all come down Price v. Andersson in the end. Confident Price can get it done.

16. keithmacv says:

Clearly habfanla is trying to stir the pot lol go away loser….

17. sweetmad says:

I don’t care what anybody else says,wether it’s realistic or not,I believe our team can do anything,coming back from 15th this season nothing they will suprise me,and if they don’t even win one series they are still my HABS and I love them just the same,that’s what uncondtional love is,taking the rough with the smooth,for the fun and pleasure I get out of watching them what is there to complain about.When you get to my age being a realist is just too boring and take it from me it all means nothing in the end.
    GO HABS GO

18. Marc10 says:

This is going to be a great series. Much tougher than facing The Leafs…

A goaltending battle, an All Star Dman showdown, dynamic forwards, middle weight tussles, a coach of the year showdown.

Good times! Go Habs Go!

19. habs001 says:

Usually i am cautious in predicting the Habs to win…In this series the pressure will be on the Habs…The Habs roster has way more experience…If the Habs get beaten in this series it will be because some of the veteran players under performed…The pressure will also be on Price as in this series the Habs will have way more shots on goal and scoring chances than Ottawa…

20. habsfanla says:

Habs finish first. It’s a fluke. Only because of the strike. They are going to lose this series. In fact they are going to get swept. This team is no good. Carey is awful. Therriens a lousy coach and they have the worst waterboy in the league. This series will be over before they even tape their sticks. There is no way this franchise will ever make the playoffs again. Pk will be traded and carey will get worse. Gallagher wil be playing for toronto next year. Wake up hab fans who believe. They are no good because I said so and I’m me.

21. Garbo says:

The true question is… will the gladiator make an appearance at the beginning of game 3?

ps. what the f#@k does a gladiator have to do with a senator? They should really have an old man in a toga on the ice! Or to be more modern… a wife-beater who got knocked out by Justin Trudeau!

22. Rad says:

Never under-estimate your opponent, boys. Senators have some great young talent in Karlsson, Cowen, Silfverberg, and Zibanejad. And you know for a fact that Chris Neill is going to hit our smurfs every chance he gets. We have Brandon Prust who can fight, but Prust is 25 lbs. lighter than Neil, nor does he have that nasty edge that Neil does. When Neil hits you, he hits to hurt, not just to impress the coach. By the time this series is over, Neil is going to be a hated man in Montreal.

There will be some marquee match-ups in this series. Neil vs. Prust, Karlsson vs. Subban, Cory Conacher vs. Brendan Gallagher, Gonchar vs. Markov, Anderson vs. Price, and our own 6’6″ Jarred Tinordi to balance the 6’5″ Jared Cowen. Lucky for us Jason Spezza is still out, he could be the difference in a tight series.

23. hab fan in leaf jungle says:

Anderson scares the hell out of me. I watched him play for Colorado and he single-handedly eliminated the Sharks. If Price is over his funk, we can look for 1-0 games or 0-0 with the winner in the 3rd OT period. Have an afternoon nap because these games could go late. I think he is much better than Price so I am scared.

24. Seps says:

To our american friends, games will be on NBC, CNBC (someone asked earlier)

25. shootdapuck says:

Chris, it’s located in what is referred to as the “Cobra Swamp” south of the city!

Like alot of things here it looks nice but is a functional/ergonomic mess!

• Habitant in Surrey says:

…what did they do with the previously ‘new’ old airport out towards Thammasat ?

• shootdapuck says:

You mean Don Muang?
        Still there used by RTAF and some domestic and low cost airlines!
        Maybe 30 flights per day!

=================================================
        The cranial flatulence of PJ Stock:

“On peut play cette game tres simplement”
        “Le game est tous de hard work”
        ” I have a pet peeve”

• Habitant in Surrey says:

…Don Muang was a fair-sized airport …but was quite a trek getting from downtown especially when several elephants on the expressway :)

…is the new one more convenient distance wise, and can You get there by cat-tail boat like Don Muang ? :)

…I remember the original airport before Don Muang …open air, ceiling fans, sweaty customs officials, right out of a Joseph Conrad novel :)

…that was when klongs webbed the city together rather than expressway and sky trains

• shootdapuck says:

Actually the motorway link to Suvanabhumi and the train which unloads in the terminal are ok.

Taxi mafia has a firm grip though.

=================================================
            The cranial flatulence of PJ Stock:

“On peut play cette game tres simplement”
            “Le game est tous de hard work”
            ” I have a pet peeve”

• Habitant in Surrey says:

…Roy have you listened to the ‘Bryzgalov Rant’ yet ? :)

…and the Habs’ Players think Montreal’s media is nutz

• shootdapuck says:

Yah but the effect of pressure is front and center there!

Saw Bryz stand on his head in Phoenix many games but he was always a bit of a fruitcake.

Big contract big pressure maybe same as DD and Gorges!

Media not dissimilar to the ALLO POLICE mob following the Habs.

=================================================
            The cranial flatulence of PJ Stock:

“On peut play cette game tres simplement”
            “Le game est tous de hard work”
            ” I have a pet peeve”

• Garbo says:

ergonomic mess?? that simply makes no sense

• shootdapuck says:

er·go·nom·ics

Definition of ERGONOMICS
        : an applied science concerned with designing and arranging things people use so that the people and things interact most efficiently and safely —called also biotechnology, human engineering, human factors
        : the design characteristics of an object resulting especially from the application of the science of ergonomics

Erganomic mess a design with no application of the above science!

Understand now?

=================================================
        The cranial flatulence of PJ Stock:

“On peut play cette game tres simplement”
        “Le game est tous de hard work”
        ” I have a pet peeve”

• Habitant in Surrey says:

… wrong place :)

• shootdapuck says:

ditto

=================================================
        The cranial flatulence of PJ Stock:

“On peut play cette game tres simplement”
        “Le game est tous de hard work”
        ” I have a pet peeve”

26. Et le but says:

I’m thrilled we won the division and finished 2nd in the conference! The Bruins tanked down the stretch (maybe even worse than our own post-clinch swoon) and we are full value for our position in the standings; home ice through to the conference finals at least, 4th overall in the league…from 28th ayear ago.
    Well done boys!
    As for playing the Senators in the first round, they are the preferred oponent for many reasons:
    1. We gain 2 extra days off to rest the weary and fine tune through additional practice
    2. They wont bang us up as much as the Leafs could have
    3. We match up well with them; each club plays a team first game…we’re a bit deeper offensively, them, defensively
    4. Toronto and Boston can beat the snot out of each other, hopoefully over the course of 7 games
    My prediction: Habs in 6
    Bring on the Sens!

On the other note, Stubbs is old enough to remember 1917 Habs-Sens series.

28. shootdapuck says:

Chris,
    Anytime there is possible manipulation by Jacobs and Buttman- yes!

I’d be more interested in seeing which officials get assigned to which series.

Whatdya bet the myopic Chris Lee is involved in either Habs or Boston series! Just for easy input!

• Habitant in Surrey says:

…usually Danes are thought to be circumspect and quiet in what they say, but I am impressed Lars is one if not the most eloquent Hab

…His answers are well-thought and original, and very well-spoken

…with His play becoming more confident, He may be one of Our future leaders

@Bill – you didn’t just say Anderson is better than Price. What are you trying to do here?

30. SmielmaN says:

Hey boys! I think we can take the sens. Each game will be like a home game for our boys so we have the crowd all series. Sens play a tighter game which will suit us better. There will be less primal emotion and more plain motivation to win the hockey games. Plus we get to see the leafs take on the bruins that have 3 cornerstone players in Rask, Seguin, and Hamilton on their team at the expense of Torontos poor trades. That’s why you don’t do blockbuster deals within your own division! I’m excited guys, plus our battlers get 4 days of rest before starting. This is exciting! Last to division Champs and we don’t have to play the B’s in the first round like usual! I’ll be saluting all the die hard fans on here on Thursday at my habs bar before puck drop! Drive for 25! Le retour de Les Glorieux! I prob butchered that, but it was a respectful try! :)

31. HammerHab says:

My fearless prediction: 2 Northeast division teams will make the second round! You heard it here first folks!

———————————–

It’ll always be Habs Inside/Out to me

I don’t understand why Senators and Bruins have to have that extra day off but then sens and Habs end up playing back to back. How much sense does that make? It’s not like playoffs start tomorrow. I am sure senators could ahve handled “only” one day off between games.

• Habilis says:

Back to back twice no less, games 6 and 7 would be next Saturday and Sunday.

I’m with you, I don’t get it. You would think that the Sens would have just said “We’re fine playing Tuesday” when they saw that potential schedule.

Freakin Rihanna.

33. Habitant in Surrey says:

…any potential conspiracy theories out there among Y’all that the Bruins tanked because their chances against da Weeds is more of a sure thing ?

34. shootdapuck says:

Well there can’t be any excuses over the travel involved!

No airports, no jetlag!

35. Sportfan says:

This could be a new and great rivalry really excited I’m not as worried as some people are !

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

36. Dave Jones says:

Habs are full value for the division title. They deserve to be the favourites in this match-up. That said, Ottawa would have been my last choice of the bottom four teams for a first round series. I would be surprised if this doesn’t go seven.

37. Seps says:

My question is, who’s voting no?

• savethepuck says:

I was thinking the same thing. This is supposed to be a Habs Site, we finished 2nd and they finished 7th. It has to be the group that hope they lose so they can say “I told you so”. Embarrassing.

“They don’t hang Conference Championship Banners from the rafters here”
      Carey Price

• Seps says:

Probably the Price trolls I think. Although they fall under the `Price is awful, we`ll never win with him, I told you so`category.

• ffenliv says:

So, in your universe, a person can’t hope for wins, but believe that reality won’t match those hopes?

Just because it’s a Habs site doesn’t mean Habs fans can’t voice (via a poll, in this case) concerns.

Voting ‘no’ to the Habs winning a playoff series is no different from questioning line combos, a coach’s decision, or what a guy ate for breakfast.

For the record, I think the Habs will win in 6.

• savethepuck says:

I think a Habs fan should think their team will win.

“They don’t hang Conference Championship Banners from the rafters here”
          Carey Price

• Clay says:

I think a Habs fan – or a fan of any team – should be firmly grounded in reality. I voted yes myself, but that’s based on the facts I have at my disposal.

__________________________

• Sportfan says:

Trolls, Sens fans, people who don’t believe in this team, people who think they are “realistic” but don’t understand that sometimes just believing is just as fun!

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

• Seps says:

We’re a 2 seed, they’re 7, I’m not buying the “realists”. If they were “realists” and Sens came in 2nd, and we came in 7th they wouldn’t be going for the habs. In truth they are skeptics of the Habs.

• jctremblay says:

Sens have Cowen and Karlsson back. They both played very well against the Bruins tonight. That’s a huge change in their favour in this series. It might be the difference between winning and losing unless our games against Winny and TO indicate the Habs have halted their lethargic and inexplicable play which also included erratic goaltending from Price. I’m taking the Habs in 7 but to say people can’t or shouldn’t see it the other way is a bit much. There’s not reason to be overconfident. The possibility of losing is always there and I can see an argument for the Sens winning this thing. WE need to win both games 1&2 in Mtl to set the tone and that’s what I expect to see. Sens are no joke..a team that is very confident after a season of injuries that would have buried most teams.

• Seps says:

Yes but you’re on a Habs website, you’d think that’d play a part.

• Garbo says:

Cowen?! circle the wagons, the Habs are done! How will they ever survive the wrath of Cowen!

ps. who the f&*k is Cowen? My god man, get a grip.

38. PrimeTime says:

No matter all the accomplishments achieved in the reg season, Hab fans still the most insecure.

39. jols101 says:

PK has to be the hands down favorite for the Norris Trophy. Only way he doesn’t win is because he didn’t do it the “white” way.

Gallagher is a front runner for the Calder Trophy. Huberdeau getting 3 helpers and Yakupov getting a hatty in their final games may put a crimp in that though. I still give Gallagher the win.

Therrien should also be in the running for the Jack Adams.

And then there is Lord Stanley.

Could be a big Trophy haul for the Habs this year.

40. thehammer says:

I say we keep playing tinordi. He’s looked good.

41. I don’t care who the Sens got back, they were a few games from watching the playoffs from the golf course.

We all watched this game tonight, if that was their best performance of the season then the Habs beat these guys in 5.

Game On Sens, don’t forget to open the series up with that ridiculous gladiator, that would fire any team up right?
    Why I hate the Sens

Shane Oliver
    Twitter @Sholi2000
    Custom Sports Figures

42. sheds88 says:

does tinordi start now that we are playing the sens and not the leafs ?

43. BramScott says:

CBC picks Mon-Sens, Tor -Bos, Van series on TSN

44. HUDSONHAB says:

Wow! Back to back to get it started.

….Hab4life….

45. thehammer says:

Ottawa will be tough. Every team brings challenges. It will be a great series. Goaltending will be huge.

Does anyone think PK will win the Norris?

46. jmsheehy19 says:

I think Ottawa is far more dangerous than Toronto would have been.

Also, that St Louis – LA matchup out west is going to be Rough. Should be a blast to watch though.

• Bill says:

They are much more dangerous than Toronto.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• donmarco says:

I predict St Louis/LA and NYR/Caps will be the most exciting first round series. Bigges upset? Detroit over Anaheim. aside from that, Chicago, Vancouver should win in 6 or less. Pittsburgh should steamroll the Islanders, in 5 at the worst. Montreal will show they are just a little deeper and have more overall depth and the better goalies, in 6. Boston will find their playoff mojo and beat Leafs in 5. Chicago, Vancouver, St Louis and Detroit advance in West. Pittsburgh, Montreal, Boston and the Rangers in the East. Thoughts?

47. forskis says:

At first I was annoyed that The Hockey News already wrote off the Habs by predicting Sens in 7…but given how the Sens have been playing, it is entirely possible…and it stings less since they also said Rangers over the high-flying machine that is the Caps in 7.

“I am guilty of using elipses…”

48. otter649 says:

The Leafs beat The Bruins once this season but Boston used their backup goalie for that game……

You’d think they flip the Habs-Sens and Leafs-Bruins series on alternating nights to allow CBC to grab both series and maximize nationwide viewership.

Vancouver-San Jose. Yawn!!

50. donmarco says:

I hate to say this but this is going to be a low scoring, tight checking series. I fear this will not be a classic by any stretch, more a series based on who makes the fewer mistakes, takes the fewest penalties,etc,. I like our chances a lot to move on though.

• Bill says:

Who has the edge:

Scoring: Habs (more depth and more weapons)
      Defence: Even (Subban and Karlsson cancel out)
      Goal: Sens (Anderson is amazing this year)
      Coaching: Even (Both guys have done great)
      PP: Habs (5th in NHL)
      PK Sens (1st in NHL?)
      Character: Habs (intangible but important)

Habs in six.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• habs_54321 says:

it’s funny subban/karlsson markov/gonchar gorges/methot tinordi/cowen. alot of comparible defenders between these two teams

• jon514 says:

I agree with everything except the Defense. Sens have got us beat there… unfortunately. The nice thing is, they are probably the only team in the playoffs fielding more Rookies than the habs.

This series has veterans exploiting rookies written all over it. Alfredson + Plekanec are the guys who will decide the outcome I think.

• donmarco says:

And every game will be a one goal game.

51. vegas says:

so can someone tell me when we play?
    I have season tickets and still have no idea. Need to contact some customers if its tuesday!!!

52. uncatcHABle says:

Might be a longer series, but time off to practice & get healthier is key. Price exhaled big time tonight cuz Leafs have his #. Only sad part will be on draft day when we drop a few slots to the broons in 1st round.

53. otter649 says:

Bruins David Krecgi was asked what happened & what caused the loss – His answer was the ice was crappy due to the fact that The NBA Playoff Game ran late so the ice was no good. The same reason he gave when Montreal beat Boston at The Bell Centre and the ice was no good & his team could not make any passes on a late PP due to bad ice conditions…….

54. sprague cleghorn says:

Just a semi-re-post from last night. We can worry about the Sens tomorrow.

Take a step back… breathe deeply… think about how you were feeling at the end of last season. And exhilarate in the beautiful air of that eminently satisfying season-ending game against the Leafs and that fact that we went from worst to first (in the division, I know) and got to watch the Bruins lose to clinch the deal.

Now there are two months to win sixteen games. Will it happen? Odds are against it. But it is a possibility. And last year it wasn’t. Enjoy the ride, and take a moment to luxuriate in this stunning turnaround. To quote the time-honoured original anthem of our team… Les Canadiens sont la!

… ‘ow could we forget that?

55. trennyl says:

Ok–maybe old news and an old thread but (cheers to the Habs–2nd from 15th) man o man -the females in the locker room debate. Do people really think a reporter of the other gender is in the locker room to check out “junk”? Please…. you disrespect reporters and humans in general. Do horny guys go into ob/gyn for the view? Do rape detectives love crime scenes? Give reporters a slice of respect. Give old school patricians like Cherry an update.

56. habs001 says:

Good chance that Rangers beat Caps and if Habs win they play Leafs/Bruins winner..

57. savethepuck says:

How reliable is the report that games 1 and 2 may be Thursday and Friday? I know there is a concert scheduled for Saturday night at the Bell, but what’s wrong with Saturday afternoon?

“They don’t hang Conference Championship Banners from the rafters here”
    Carey Price

58. habs001 says:

1993 Islanders vs Penguins ..can history repeat…LOL

59. frontenac1 says:

Tequila. Drink it till you feel like you’re Bulletproof and then start posting naughty words here. The cops here will delete them so the next day you don’t feel so bad.

60. fastfreddy says:

This is the series that will determine how good/bad Price is. Time for Carey to show fans he’s for real.

CH = Les Glorieux!!!

61. Say Ash says:

Oh yeah, now I remember! Price beat Anderson the the Calder Cup first round – eerie:

Click here and select 2007 Calder from the dropdown

In six games, with a 1-0 win in the clincher.

62. habs001 says:

While Ottawa has some nice pieces the overall Habs roster is better than the Senators…This series is for the Habs to lose…. if some of their key pieces under perform.you would have to reconsider more personal changes next year than losing to the Penguins…

63. blu3chip says:

4 NE division teams got into the playoffs, how about that.

And each of those teams was holding a playoff spot almost from day 1.

64. habs001 says:

This is a series the Habs should win…This series more than other series will be decided by goaltending…Neither team can give up questionable goals…Ottawa has the number 1 pk but only the 20th pp…they are 27th on goals per game but 2nd in goals against…

65. Vid says:

This will be a tough series I think. Goaltending will be key considering the way Ottawa’s goalie has stoned the Habs despite being the Habs outshooting the Sens in those losses. Alfredsson seems to always play well against the Habs.

I’m looking forward to seeing how the young guys do on the Habs in the playoffs.

66. liberjon says:

Is it just me or did sens ticket prices just double over the last 2 hours?

67. habs001 says:

Senators pk 1st…pp 20th…….goals per game 27th…goals against 2nd…This series will come down to who has the better goaltending…

68. rogus says:

Thanks for the Division, Janitors! Now it’s time to get swept by Canada’s Team!!! Go Habs Go!!!

69. Sportfan says:

Curious to see the Leafs and Bruins maybe they’ll both KO each other into 7 games.

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

70. Habitant in Surrey says:

…I still think taking apart da Weeds limb by limb in the first round would have been the best entertainment and fun of all the match-ups

…Ottawa will be like dancing with My sister, not so much fun …plus knowing My sister is smarter than I, and dances better :)

• habstrinifan says:

But think about the fun you will have enjoying the spectacle of the Leafs-Bruins sideshow. It would be like watching the two school bullies duke it out over the home-coming queen who rejects them cause she likes how debonair a dancer your sister makes you seem like. Girls like guys who dance with their sisters .. they think that’s cute. Beleive me.

71. doug19 says:

Great the Bruins and Leafs can intimidate and beat each other up.

72. Thurston says:

The Hockey News is picking Ottawa in seven.
    They give Montreal the edge in the forwards department with the Senators having the edge in defense, goaltending, special teams and coaching.
    I guess they’re entitled to their own opinions.

73. Sportfan says:

Lets take over their ARENA! Also what is the schedule for next week?

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

The Habs record against the Sens 2-1-1
    The Sens record against the Habs 2-1-1

Ah the good old loser point complete with skewed standings where everyone’s a winner.

This series could go 7 games, but even if it does, it will be all home games for the Habs.