Brière agrees to two-year deal with Canadiens

The Canadiens announced on Thursday afternoon that free-agent Daniel Brière has agreed to a two-year deal with the team.

Brière, who turns 36 on Oct. 6, had his contract bought out by the Philadelphia Flyers on June 20.

In a statement released by the Canadiens, Brière said he was very excited at the opportunity to join the team.

“It’s an organization I looked up to throughout my youth and I really look forward to putting on the Habs jersey and contribute to the success of the team,”  Brière said.

Brière later spoke to reporters on a conference call Thursday evening from Hearst, Ont., where he was attending Flyers forward Claude Giroux’s golf tournament.

Asked by The Gazette’s Pat Hickey if he felt he had something to prove after a few seasons where his production has dipped a bit and with the Flyers buying him out, Brière said: “Yes, definitely.”

“Last year, especially, with the short season starting behind everybody because of injuries, I am definitely looking forward to bouncing back,” Brière added.

“I’ve done that my whole life. My whole career it’s always been about finding the motivation to bounce back. Coming to Montreal makes it really easy. First of all, having the chance to play for the Canadiens. I think there is no better motivation than that. And also making up on last season. It definitely was a season where I wasn’t happy with the way things went. And I’m going to do everything in my power to turn that around.”

Brière had played centre all his career prior to the past two seasons.

“So it’s maybe a little easier,” he said. “But I have no problem to play at centre or on the wing. It’s (coach Michel Therrien) that will decide all that. I have nothing to say on that side. I want to play where he thinks it will help the team the most.”

You can listen to more of what Brière said during the conference call by clicking here. (You may have to crank up the volume.)

“Daniel Brière brings a great deal of skills, experience and leadership to our team and he is a
significant addition to our group of forwards,” Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin said in the team’s statement.

“Daniel showed a great desire to pursue his career in Montreal and we are very happy that he committed to playing in Montreal for the next two seasons.”

A native of Gatineau, Brière has 286 career NHL goals in 847 games. In the postseason, the forward has 50 goals and 59 assists in 108 games played. Last season, the 5-foot-10, 179-pounder posted 6-10-16 totals and was minus-13 in 34 games with the Flyers.

While the Canadiens didn’t announce financial details, it is a two-year deal worth $8 million. Under new NHL rules this season, following the lockout, teams were permitted to talk to players and their agents as early as July 1, but no contracts can be officially signed until Friday.

(Photo by John Kenney/The Gazette)

Alfredsson signs with Red Wings as big free-agent names on the move, montrealgazette.com

Free agents signings tracker, NHL.com

Brière will earn $8 million on two-year deal with Habs, by Pat Hickey

Canadiens sign Brière to two-year deal, canadiens.com

Brière to join Canadiens with two-year contract, NHL.com

Bruins send Seguin to Stars in seven-player deal, NHL.com

re

2,638 Comments

1. Chuck says:

I like this. MB sitting back while other teams overspend on ridiculous contracts. He then swoops in later to pick the bones of teams that have put themselves in cap trouble.

__________________________________________________
    Anyone but the Sens! (Check.) And Boston (Triple check.) Oh, and the Laffs, too. (Double check.)

2. NightRyder says:

I didn’t like Gordon at $3M a year. Ouch.

3. ProHabs says:

Just saw Bergevin and his management team at the beach suntanning. THey said it was tooo hot to pick up a phone.

4. CharlieHodgeFan says:

This’ll get lost in the rush here, but I wonder how many of the posters who take pleasure in calling guys ‘smurfs’ are over 6’2 themselves?

I’m not talking about guys who want the team to get bigger – I think we all (including Bergevin) want that. I’m talking about the name callers. I’ve never heard an actual tall guy run around calling smaller men “smurfs”.

5. ooder says:

the leafs got a lot better. With Clarkson crashing and making room for a guy like kessel, bolland freeing up Bozak from defensive duties, giving bozak an opportunity to play more offensive minutes.
    The only weakness i see is their D (although ours is not any better) and goaltending is still unproven (same here)

• Maksimir says:

They got better on paper… Bolland is coming from a very good team – we’ll how he does playing the Leafs now…

Clarkson had one career year… I recall not long ago MacArthur & Kulemin did too.. how they doing lately?

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Maybe better, or maybe just harder for US to play against.

Indeed, who in our division will it be easy for us to play against, as things stand?

• mrhabby says:

yup…..will see. now they have long term deals for these guys.
      kessell and phaneufs deals expire July 1-14 they will not keep both. cap squeeze soon than later.

6. thehabsfan29 says:

Habs should try and target

Mueller – Could help bottom six, won’t cost much
    Fistric- Physical and solid on D,Cheap also
    Teubert – Big D-man and will be very cheap and will be great in our system
    Schultz – Solid D-man, Would be a great addition to our team
    Gagne – Could help out offensively if price is right
    Blum – Could be a great fit on our blue line (only if price is right)
    Brunner – Could work well with eller
    Jagr- Only if its for 1mil/1yr

and had to add HOW DOES BOYD GORDON MANAGE TO GET 3MIL/Year. That’s honestly ridiculous

7. habs1992 says:

Safe to say were going to get our butts kicked up and down the Ice, so many teams are so much bigger then us. Were going to be scared to take the ice.

I support Carey Price

• habstrinifan says:

But not one team will have as much character we we do. Stand up Christian and lead us in prayer. What’s that you say? Clakson kneed you in the groin! McCarron McCarron.. anyone seen McCarron;

8. Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

I’m loving all the negativity in here. It really makes for some entertaining reading. Every UFA season, it’s the same whining and moaning. “Why didn’t MB sign this guy? Why didn’t we get that guy? Etc.”

I for one am damn happy that we have a GM who understands that UFA season is where GMs make their biggest mistakes and put their teams in crippling situations for years. Since the first lockout ended, the crops of UFAs has gotten worse and worse each year because all the best players get signed long-term before they ever reach free agency.

That is how Gomez got his money. That is how Clarkson became a very rich man today. Of all the deals signed today, which ones would you be willing to absorb on the Habs? There haven’t been too many that make a lot of sense.

By not wasting money on crazy contracts, MB can now be a buyer through trades when teams will have to get rid of some salary. I expect MB to make a couple of significant trades. If Briere was his only move, there is no question we are screwed and will be looking at a lottery pick. However, I am pretty certain we are in a good position to make some moves via trades over the summer.

Breathe in people.

9. Haborama says:

GUYS GET THIS

Twitter is going a little haywire with rumors of a MTL-PHIL trade involving Max Talbot among others.

If it’s true, what would that mean for this years team????

Talbot is smaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal and He was a Nordiques fan growing up.

• habsfan0 says:

Is Briere headed the other way?

• La Duke 16 says:

NOPE!

• Hobie Hansen says:

I think your Twitter is broken?

• Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

I would love to have Max Talbot on this team. He isn’t a power forward, but he plays with a ton of heart and grit and has scored a decent number of goals for a bottom-six player. He is in great shape and is a proven playoff performer (remember his 2 goals to win the Stanley Cup for Pittsburgh?)

Depending on what we give up, that could be a great move for us. Having two high-profile French players like Briere and Talbot could help us attract more talented local players down the road as well.

I’m all for it.

• Newf_Habster says:

Name the sources who started them.

• habstrinifan says:

Haborama.. a Talbot/Briere is better than anything we got now. I like the prospects of that.

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Haborama! Define smaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall!

5’11!

In fact, relatively speaking, he’d be Chara on Montreal.

Your other comment evoked images of managment-player interviews, player’s chair is on a trap-door:

Q: “Favourite team growing up?”

Talbot: “Nordiques.”

Q: [aside] Pull! NEXT!

10. durocher says:

Pleks for Oshie and a pick, do you do it?

11. Stevie.Ray says:

So who will be signing Iginla?

12. Sportfan says:

If the Bobby Ryan rumor was real TSN would be all over it.

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

13. PeterD says:

Time to step up MB…either thru free agency or trade…we need to increase our toughness to play against in our top 6 forwards.
    I don’t want a huge goon type…I’m talking about a 30 goal scorer that plays tough and gritty. ..not afraid to hit or be hit to make plays. Maybe a Prust++ type player.

14. HammerHab says:

Bozak with a $4.2M cap hit….and you thought DD was overpaid as a 50 point center!

———————————–

It’ll always be Habs Inside/Out to me

15. Maritime Ron says:

Good job by Dave Nonis.
    Picked up a goalie J. Bernier with great potential (heard that word before somewhere…) added Clarkson and Bolland

So what if Clarkson costs $5.25M.
    That Cap Hit is $600,000 less that Briere and Moen combined.
    Too long?
    We’ll talk again in 2017 and see how’s it going…

16. axxerd11 says:

I think it is fair to say that based on the crazy signings for ‘gritty’ players today, drafting a guy like McCaron in the first round makes even more sense. If you want a guy like that on your team..draft him. If you want the best guy available like that on your team..draft him early.

—-
    Newfoundland’s biggest Habs fan. Hands down.

17. Chris says:

I’m not looking for any UFA signings, except perhaps a defenceman (I’d love Schultz, but a depth defenceman is more likely).

If there are moves surrounding the Habs, it will be via trade. Plekanec is almost certainly being shopped, and I suspect a defenceman is the asking price. Wouldn’t be suprised to see Plekanec + Beaulieu in a package deal. Just don’t know who would need such a package.

• HammerHab says:

for Edler or Bieksa please! :D

———————————–

It’ll always be Habs Inside/Out to me

• Chris says:

I can’t see any deals with Vancouver. They already have two centres (Sedin and Kesler) that are significant upgrades on Plekanec. I don’t think that is a good fit for him. Vancouver would want defencemen and/or scoring in return for Edler, a bit less for Bieksa.

• PeterD says:

Plekanec ++(Gionta?) for Bobby Ryan

• Chris says:

That one makes no sense for Anaheim. They want to get cheaper players in return for Ryan. I would say that they would be looking at Ryan for Galchenyuk (no way I do that) or Ryan for (Beaulieu or Tinordi) + (Gallagher or Bourque).

• Ozmodiar says:

The thing is…. Schultz is a depth defenseman.

• Chris says:

No. Schultz has demonstrated that he can play top-6, and even top-4.

By depth, I mean guys like Drewiske or Weber.

• Ozmodiar says:

Top 4? No, sorry. :lol:

He’s also demonstrated that he fits nicely in the pressbox.

• Chris says:

As recently as 2010-11, he was playing in that role. I don’t know entirely what happened in Washington, but both player and team completely lost trust one another.

A change of scenery could be all he needs to resurrect his career. He’s a gamble, no doubt, but one that actually has a good ceiling if it pans out.

18. CharlieHodgeFan says:

Now for a no name forward with size and attitude, and ideally a functional, stay at home d-man with size. We need no stars, and no silly overpayments like Clarkson or Clowe. Two big bodies – signed over the next couple of days when the overweight shoppers have stopped swinging their elbows over the sales bins. That’s all.

In the meantime, MB will have provided great entertainment to the whiners, the gloom merchants and the begrudgers.

19. EricInStL says:

If you find Bergevin’s cell phone please return it to him ASAP….

20. Strummer says:

Clarkson never scored more than 17 goals before last year when he had 30.
    Always more goals than assists.
    He is way overpaid because Nonis has money to burn
    This reminds me of some of Sather’s stupid contracts like Gomez, Drury, Redden, Holik and The Hawks with Brian Campbell.

What a (expletive) joke as Grabovski would say

______________________________________________________
    “It’s just an opinion – I could be wrong”

21. Kfourn says:

Clarkson 36.75Mil over 7 years

_______________________________________________________
    Well, he’s kind of had it in for me ever since I accidentally ran over his dog. Actually, replace “accidentally” with “repeatedly” and replace “dog” with “son.”

“It’s sad when our rookies have no NHL experience before they jump up to the NHL.” – nunacanadien

22. habsfan0 says:

I wonder what the Habs war room looks like now?
    Beehive of activity?

Regardless,apparently MB has a news conference scheduled for later today.

After Habs get b!tchslapped all over the ice this season in virtually every game, what are the chances Subban will even want to re-sign here no matter what the money is?

24. Bripro says:

Salberg, Preds – 4 yrs $12MM – good deal
    Clarkson, Leafs – 7 yrs $42MM – crazy money
    Bozak, Leafs – 5yrs $21MM – a little high but respectable
    Scuderi, Pens – 4 yrs $13.5MM – good deal
    Clowe, NJ – 5 yrs $25MM (he’d better be better than last year)
    Horton, Colum – 7 yrs $37MM (I would have matched it for his talent, not his attitude)
    Way too much money flying around.
    After what the fans were subjected to during the last lockout?
    Ridiculous!

25. Gerry H says:

Seriously, this might be MB’s best day yet. Being on the sidelines through this madness is brilliant. Clowe getting almost 5 per for 5 years? Seriously? Seven years at almost $6MM for Clarkson?

Measure the Briere deal against this nonsense, folks.

26. Lil Snapper says:

Man we are officially the pansies of the Northeast division!

27. thehabsfan29 says:

If Iggy signs with the blues then Stewart’s days in STL are for sure over/ Perron is another name that could be traded very soon

I Think if there’s any players MB is going for its them.

Hope habs try to land either fistric or Schultz today. Maybe if we’re very lucky we can find a team to take DD & moen off our hands

28. krob1000 says:

Now that teams can absorb some salary…is overpaying really that bad? The Leafs will have a mean SOB in Clakon in good form for the next 3-5 years…I am sure that is all they really care about right now…any gm knows there in point in planning for 5-7 years away….he likely won;t be the gm and so many things can happen.

• twocents says:

Rob, can you explain this “absorbing”, is it a result of the new CBA?

• Chris says:

O.o

Hello there, stranger!

In the new CBA, teams are allowed to retain up to half the salary of a player being traded. There are more details around it, but that is the gist of a rule. It means that rich teams can unload part of an undesirable cap hit and foist that player off on other teams that perhaps wouldn’t have the financial wherewithal to acquire the player otherwise.

• twocents says:

Hi Chris, Thanks for the info. I have to run, so won’t be able to check your response for a while, but does the absorbed amount not count against the cap?

• Chris says:

It does count. So it’s not a great deal, but it gives teams a bit of flexibility when doing trades in terms of expanding options.

Still better than a full buyout where you eat significantly more for significantly longer.

29. durocher says:

Clarkson, JVR – that is an impressive set of power forwards for the top 6.

Our answer on the top 6 would be Pacioretty and Bourque. On the bottom 6, only Prust, White, and Moen, and of them, I’d say only Prust is legit.

30. Haborama says:

This is getting ridiculous, can he sign SOMEONE???!??!?!?

There are players available who would provide grit, size, and snarl, and would be available for cheap.

Slothfulness is one of the seven deadly sins, just sayin……..

The Hospital has WiFi, so I’ll be able to make a couple posts.

31. Puck Bard says:

Komiserak 1 year deal with Ca…..Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…

32. donmarco says:

Could we sign Greg Zanon’s beard? Not the player, just his beard.

33. savethepuck says:

Just once, I would like a player that is interviewed to just say “why do you think I signed with them? They gave me the most money.” This “it’s a great organization, I like the coach, it’s an improving team and I like our chances”, is almost always complete BS.

“They don’t hang Conference Championship Banners from the rafters here”
    Carey Price

• habstrinifan says:

How bout we do this. We have a new-fangled goalie coach.

Price fancies himself a puck-handler extraordinaire.. and Coonor Crisp’s save percentage in junior was outta this world.

Price is 6′ plus and big. Christ he knocked P.K on his arse with afriendly bump.

My line is Price/Briere.Pacioretty etc etc et
      Goal is Connor Crisp and that B guy.

Under Waite Connor will thrive and Price becomes our biggest and most pugilistic forward right away. Maybe our best puck-handling forward not named Eller or Galchenyuk.

34. habstrinifan says:

Eklund says Bobby Ryan to Habs. I am goona hang loose for that.
    We all knew one day Eklund would guess right. Might as well be today.

• MtlCANADIENS93 says:

aha if all of Eklund habs rumours were right we would have an all star lineup.

Wont even believe that rumour just another garbage thought which wont happen

• Hstands4Hockey says:

Eklund is like a 1-800-physic for hockey rumours. Make enough random predictions you’ll get the odd one right, but 99% of what he says is pure BS. Only a fool would take anything seen on Hockey Buzz for fact.

Rule #76: No Excuses, Play Like a Champion!
      @Hstands4Hockey

• Fransaskois says:

Well it IS only an E1 ;) Not sure how I feel about him playing outside the seriously protected minutes he’s had in Anaheim. There are also the rumoured “attitude issues”. Better than what we have but, if we’re dreaming big, I’d look elsewhere.

• Led says:

Don’t count on it Trini. If some of the other writers there mention it, then maybe. Eklund is just driving web hits.

• habs-fan-84 says:

Say for a minute that deal actually happened…would that mean the Montreal Canadiens have the most American born players?

35. Bripro says:

I don’t know about the rest of you, but my head is spinning.
    Too many deals!!!
    This is our post-lockout NHL!

36. Sportfan says:

A few things

1 is Tyler Ballsack actually worth 5 million?
    2. Clarkson for 6 million thats ridiculous, did they learn anything from the lockout?
    3. Nonis looks smart to leaf fans but is an idiot with the money spent.
    4. I miss Burke, I miss the players not wanting to go to Toronto lol

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

Very easy to sit back and make jokes about it, but they have the capspace to make these moves. It isn’t about what an individual makes but rather what sum of players you can assemble.

Seems on paper the Leafs have greatly increased the sum of their players.

• donmarco says:

What might look good today, though, could be a handcuff down the road. All those RFA’s with no rights will all become UFA’s at around the same time. And yes, there are sour grapes involved, although I wouldn’t have liked paying that money for either player if it was the Habs.

37. Habilis says:

So obviously it’s still pretty early but so far the Laffs and the Wings have improved on paper from last season.

Have we?

So far, I’m a no.

• Sportfan says:

Toronto teams usually look good on paper then when they play they aren’t as fantastic. Jays are the unfortunate example there.

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

• Habilis says:

Very true. In my gut, I honestly do feel that they will continue the trend, that Clarkson, Bolland and Bernier won’t live up to the hype.

But at the same time, it’s the off-season and paper is all we have until mid September.

It just sucks to see the Laffs going hard after the big boys while we sign another small forward. I know that overpaying really only works if you’re one piece away, which we are not. Still, I hope that MB has something else up his sleeve.

• Timo says:

You don’t call re-signing Drewiske an improvement? What is the matter with you? He has all that character.

I can’t wait for Bergevin to come out on TV and say “Many players interested us but the price was too high so we decided to stay with the smurfs. They, afterall, have a lot of character, and this is what we are looking for. Character.”

39. Led says:

Stalberg to NSH.

40. mrhabby says:

was there a lockout?

41. Hobie Hansen says:

Say what you will about the contract given to Clarkson by the Leafs but they’re a lot better than the Habs now.

They played a perfect series against Boston and just fell short. They’re big, tough and can put the puck in the net. Great combination for the playoffs.

Bergevin is building a small team of pussies instead, weird?

You make a good point, they have built a solid physical group. I am not sure we can call all contracts overpayments, given every new contract seems like overpayment.

42. Dunboyne Mike says:

What happened to those promising ideas involving the Blues?

43. habsfan0 says:

Has Carey Price commented on his new goalie coach as yet?
    Or is he too busy with rodeos and grocery shopping?

44. frontenac1 says:

Leafs sign Clarkson and Bozak. They also extended Fraser McClaren.
    Orr was extended a few months ago. Leafs are going to be tough again.

45. Kfourn says:

Damn, Stalberg to NSH 12mil for 4years

_______________________________________________________

46. kirkiswork says:

Habs sign anyone yet……..besides whatshisface ?

• Gerry H says:

NO!!! Thank, God.

These prices are insane. Lockout#4 is a, er, lock.

• Fransaskois says:

Nope, only trade rumours.

E.Kane
      Edler
      Eager
      Talbot

• Dunboyne Mike says:

THERE you are.
        What lofty price would it take to get Kane?
        (keyboard dripping with drool)

• Fransaskois says:

It was a long, arduous grocery run.

Considering Kane is young, a former high draft pick, big, physical, near-elite offensively and signed to a decent pre-lockout contract….. a whole heck of a lot. If Winnipeg is trying to distance themselves from his issues, the best we could hope for is a lateral move. A deal around Pacioretty would be the only thing I can see happening. I’d do it in a second. I’m a little bit worried about Pacioretty and his “new style” that he was hyping this year.

• Dunboyne Mike says:

I would also do Kane-Patches+pieces, and I also have concerns about Patches’ future. But I must have missed the hyping of new style. Was it some kind of window-dressing for loitering on the perimeter and not going to the crease?

• issie74 says:

Evender Kane-yes … Talbot -maybe

Eager -No … Edler-No

NorthTOHab

47. Hobie Hansen says:

Maybe we can trade Markov, Diaz, Desharnais, Briere, Gionta to Toronto for Clarkson?

48. Fransaskois says:

Clarkson @ XXXmil/7years Leafs

49. Maritime Ron says:

Clarkson Leafs 7 years

50. Harditya says:

Clarkson, Bozak both agree to terms with Toronto Maple Leafs.

51. habs1992 says:

Leafs get Clarkson OVERPAID!!!!!!!!!!!

I support Carey Price

52. Whatever says:

Bozak 5 year/21 million

53. Fransaskois says:

Bozak @ 4.25mil/5years

54. B says:

Bozo still a Leaf.

–Go Habs Go!–

55. habsfan0 says:

Today is Mikhail Grabovski’s wedding.
    Randy Carlyle won’t be attending.

56. habs1992 says:

Fair deal for Bozak

I support Carey Price

57. D Mex says:

Gents : is there a palatable media outlet to watch for updates on today’s developments ? By palatable, I mean ‘ not nauseating ‘ …
    I am outside of PQ and, frankly, the TO-centric schtick of Kypreos and MacLean ‘ et al ‘ is just too much to handle …

ALWAYS Habs –
    D Mex

58. habs1992 says:

Hearing Leafs have offered 7 years 40 million, WOW stupid move

I support Carey Price

59. Sportfan says:

Ugh Clarkson in Toronto is depressing yet hilarious if he is making 6 million a year.

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

60. Fransaskois says:

Clarkson- Upwards of 6.5mil!?!?! AND Term.
    Bozak- Asking for 5mil!?!??! AND Term.

I truly hope the Leafs sign these two 3rd liners for 1st line money :D Even if we aren’t making signings, it’s wonderful to see all of our East Coast rivals handcuffing themselves.

61. Habilis says:

In the biggest un-shock of the day, Clarkson signs with the Laffs.

Can’t wait until our smurf/midget/gnome line skates through his legs!

62. GuyDoon says:

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1 min
    Habs about to close deal w Canucks. Plekanec + 3rd round pick vs Edler + 6 round pick.

EDIT: Sorry guys and gals, I bit on this fake Piere LeBrun account. Disregard…

Blackhawks re-sign both Handzus and Rozsival.

” @TSNBobMcKenzie: Nathan Horton will undergo shoulder surgery this summer. Expected to be sidelined until December.”

File this under WTF.

65. joeybarrie says:

michal rozsival. Shouldn’t we looking at him?
    how much?
    ok, I take it back.

• Kfourn says:

Resigned with Chicago

_______________________________________________________

66. MtlCANADIENS93 says:

just seeing that ryan clowe contract in length thank god montreal didnt sign him.

habs should consider matt cooke i think for some grit

• Dunboyne Mike says:

For a while it looked like he was actually reformed, not so sure now. He’s actually got some skill and speed, good in many ways. But is ‘grit’ what he brings? Prust brings grit; Cooke, dirt.

67. habsfan0 says:

I heard Scott Gomez might be available.

68. habstrinifan says:

Think about it MB Iginla and Briere or Briere and Iginla whichever way you want to look at it. The sum becomes 10 times the parts or however that line goes.
    Do it MB please.

69. neumann103 says:

Is it just me or did others think that the Grabovski buyout meant we would see them sign a UFA center at 12:01 today.

While he was overpaid that contract was not a total millstone and I expected that the Leafs already had a deal in place for a Center and they needed to clear room.

“Et le but!”

I am going to take Marc Bergevin and put him in my Bobo Gainey bucket. There. That’s better.

71. habstrinifan says:

MB you signed Briere. So shore up that signing. Sign Iginla for as little as you can but sign him. We can go into the season with our D worked around current players and farm guys like Tinordi.

But we cant go into the season as is… up front…please.

72. ooder says:

Filip Kuba get it done MB!

73. johnnylarue says:

So is there a UFA out there we actually want???

Fistric? Hendricks?

Who???

74. Dunboyne Mike says:

What happened to Jamie Langenbrunner?

Was still scoring 3 seasons ago — last few years, 8 goals or less.