Boyd replaces Gomez; Subban in for Weber

AUDIO: Cammalleri | Martin | Dan Cleary | Jimmy Howard | Mike Babcock

Dustin Boyd returns to the Canadiens lineup tonight, replacing the injured Scott Gomez.

P.K. Subban returns to the lineup after being a healthy scratch for three games. Yannick Weber is out.

Carey Price faces Detroit’s Jimmy Howard in nets.

1. VancouverHab says:

“Let’s not overreact…”   HAHAHAHAHAHA! That’s a good one!

2. VancouverHab says:

“Getting nothing out of Gomez…”

Can you say “single-minded blinkered closed-mindedness”? I knew you could!

3. nunacanadien says:

So who would the laffs have to unload in order to get breathing space to waste money on Gomez?  Wonder if they would swap Kaberle and the first round draft pick.

4. LA Loyalist says:

Ok. It’s retired. I can take a hint, really I can.

5. habfan53 says:

Love the avatar.  One of my favourite actors one of his best roles. Met him at an Expos game once a real nice guy.

6. Chorske says:

He has the Habs punching above their weight; fourth in the league in points; fourth in GF / GA difference.

I guess it all depends on how one “weighs” the team. There were flashes last year of how good this team could be once everyone was on the same page- all the team needed was a little success to help reinforce confidence in the system. They are playing with that confidence and belief now, and I don’t think they are punching above weight, but rather playing to their full potential, which is different.

But yeah, given the team’s ongoing success, it seems stupid to criticize JMs decisions. Really stupid. I’m glad many posters seem to be coming round.

7. Chorske says:

Good mantra.

8. LA Loyalist says:

My kid’s coach’s pre-game pep talk last week was “no checking — you’re too young”. He did not explain how body position on the puck is different than checking someone into the boards.

They have only lost one game all year and are strong on “checking” that’s their game (for 7-8 year olds), they’r not mashing anyone. He totally messed up their heads and they lost 4-0 and had no team confidence.

PK isn’t 7, and he’ll be fine, but I hope they are saying “we’d like you to do this, play this situation this way” as opposed to saying “don’t, don’t, don’t.

HIO -PLEASE repost the story about bringing up the BIG 3 from Nova Scotia and how that was handled. Better than this by far.

Anyway, we can be happy Weber is maturing, if he can be at least decent on defence and like Streit on the PP we will be golden.

9. StevieRay says:

YesI heard that last nite … Kind a weird I thought !!  after all the Panel are not  Rhodes scholars ..

10. thebigguy says:

That joke was funny the 1st 10 times it was posted.

11. thebigguy says:

Let’s not overreact (it’s hard here, I know).

Weber sits 1 game and now we’re stunting his development? Look at all the young players (finally) who are playing better than we thought they would going into this season. How many folk thought Pouliot and Kotsitsyn were never going to turn into consistent players? Or Price for that matter.

Gorges did nothing but train with the team when we first got acquired him. He was the afterthought for that 1st round pick. Sitting players doesn’t neccessarily ruin them. Fans need to stop thinking in absolutes.