Boyd placed on waivers

AUDIO: Dustin Boyd | Lars Eller | Jeff Halpern | Roberto Luongo | Raffi Torres | Alain Vigneault

The Canadiens placed forward Dustin Boyd on waivers on Monday.

Boyd was a healthy scratch five times this season and has one goal in nine games.

Boyd was acquired by the Canadiens during the offseason, along with Dan Ellis, from the Nashville Predators for Sergei Kostitsyn. The restricted free agent signed a one-year deal with the Canadiens on July 1.

Pat Hickey reports from Brossard Monday morning, where the Canadiens were preparing for Tuesday’s game against the Vancouver Canucks, that Maxim Lapierre was on a line with Scott Gomez and Andrei Kostitsyn, while Brian Gionta was with Tomas Plekanec and Michael Cammalleri.

Ah yes, my biggest fan :)

2. AndyF says:

Desharnais or White call-up, maybe?

AndyF

3. since1988 says:

by the way is thar O’Byrnes mug shot? if so love it

“When people agree with me i always feel that i must be wrong” – Oscar Wilde

4. since1988 says:

ya luckily armstrong is  hurt i wasnt really expecting to win i just figured they would be close in points and with boyd only make $600k i told my friend i win regardless based on points in relation to salary

“When people agree with me i always feel that i must be wrong” – Oscar Wilde

5. boneheadslanger33 says:

Is that you Jack Todd?

6. yvresgyros says:

True, that can only mean there is finally space for Max Pac to fullfil his destiny and get top line minutes!

7. likehoy says:

post of the day, if not the week.

- I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

8. Say Ash says:

If you didn’t say with whom, it could still happen.

9. since1988 says:

I had dustin boyd in a bet with a friend who is a laffs fan that he would get more points then colby armstrong…there goes that $10 good thing i will win the bigger part of the bet

“When people agree with me i always feel that i must be wrong” – Oscar Wilde

10. PrimeTime says:

I think many of the Critics here ManApart, Xtrahabsfan, LA Loyalist, et al would be very very surprised of what can and not be done from the GM’s chair. Critics criticize no matter what the circumstance. As for the Trolls, get a life…..you are all Ho Hum!……………… Prejudice + No objectivity = No credibility. The result: Partisan warfare is on the rise, and truth is on the decline

11. Say Ash says:

The 15th anniversary is coming up.

12. habs hohum says:

better than reading your unintelligent comments.

guess who I’ll be tomorrow? maybe you, NOT!

13. habs hohum says:

so do people still call you  ZERO, like your IQ?

guess so.

so guess I’ll have the last laugh when habs don’t make the playoffs and finish in the cellar.

so sorry the truth hurts.

you just 1 of those delusional fans who forgot to take off his rose colored glasses.

better still, you were probably smiling during 9/11..

14. habs hohum says:

so do people still call you  ZERO, like your IQ?

guess so.

so sorry the truth hurts.

better still, you were probably smiling during 9/11..

15. shiram says:

HIO has not changed their clocks…

16. habs hohum says:

so do people still call you  ZERO, like your IQ?

guess so.

so sorry the truth hurts.

better still, you were probably smiling during 9/11..

17. Les-Habitants says:

Dude, worst coach in Canadian history?!?!

Really???

Do you not remember Mario Tremblay!?!? Now THAT was a bad coach

18. Les-Habitants says:

This is strange…and to be honest, I don’t get it.  Why waive Boyd?  He’s got decent speed, and was serviceable as the 12/13th forward.  Forces guys like Pyatt, Darche to be sharp.

Maybe they just feel that much more confidant in White, and wanted to bring him up?

Otherwise I’d guess that they are looking to bring up a potential top 6 forward…maybe Desharnais?

19. Mattyleg says:

hahahahahaaaaa!

hee hee…

(wipes tears from eyes)

ahhhhh…

—Hope Springs Eternal—

20. Say Ash says:

SK was a sunk cost.

You will receive it at the next summit, so be there. We will get Mike Boone to present it to you my friend.

22. mike g says:

Tampa Bay Lightning jerseys are on sale…

You know, cuz nobody buys them or goes to watch their games..

So if I were you, I’d take advantage of that and pick up a Lightning jersey for the low prices you can find one at now.

And then, you call roll it into a nice ball and shove it you know where, so that we don’t have to hear your mouth shooting off useless posts trying to tells us the Lightning will win a couple of Cups.

I dare you to put $10 on the Lightning to win the Cup every year for another 20 years. I guarantee you that you’ll be down in the end.

And, you’ll be extreamly lucky if they win one.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

23. Hagar says:

Good ROI for SK. This is the way to build a club. I need to be left alone for awhile.

24. habs hohum says:

Gomez is doing ok?   1 goal in 13 games for 8 million $$$$.

Shane, you are a wonderful person. Thank you so very much for you just being you. Your fantastic personality and emotion was enjoyed by all.

Paste this post of yours on the summit page for us my friend. Read Ian Cobb’s HI/O Blog

26. dh says:

Maybe they’ll swap him with Ryan White.

27. lenny says:

JM is perhaps the worst coach in Habs history. His mis management of players is shameful. I can believe we had Guy Boucher in our organization and we let him slip away. For those who think he’ll come to Montreal in a couple of years forget about it. He aint leaving Tampa anytime soon. He will win and stay there for a long time and probably win a couple of cups..just another mis step from the Habs organization

28. adam76 says:

An interesting take on booooooing:

29. mike g says:

I’m still pissed I wasn’t able to make it….

I promise next year I’ll be there with my Flyers jersey.

Glad to hear you guys had fun. I woulda really loved to get totally donkey-faced on beer, and then get all pumped up about how great Mike Richards is and how we coulda had him instead of AK.

But anyways, until next year, eh?

Another year, another bar fight, lol.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

30. Mattyleg says:

Great meeting you, dude!

Take care of that noggin of yours and I’ll be around for more chats next year!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

31. smiler2729 says:

I’d still love to see Martin St.Louis as a Hab…

32. MathMan says:

Splitting up Gionta and Gomez was a mistake, the two were playing well enough and only needed time to get off the schneid. It didn’t blow up in Martin’s face as badly as it could have, but there’s too much talent in 13-14-21 for it to fail.

While I’m intrigued by the prospect of a stacked first line, it still leaves the second line in limbo somewhat. Gomez is doing okay, but AKost isn’t as good as Gionta and is being swung around from wing to wing. And, well, Lapierre? Granted, it’s not like the Habs have someone they could credibly use there. That hole in the top-six that was talked about all the offseason is looming rather large now.

33. mike g says:

Good point…

And I like that you don’t judge him…

But even if he wee-wee’d himself last night, it’s in the past. Can’t change it, it happened and it’s done.

If he gets laughed at or cries about it, his pants won’t dry any quicker….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

34. Mattyleg says:

Member 1 day 1 hour.

Name: Habs Hohum.

Troll? D’ya think?

—Hope Springs Eternal—

35. 123456 says:

“Do people still laugh at you because you used to piss in your pants?….

I highly doubt it, because it’s in the past and there’s no point talking about it.”

mike g, i can not say for sure because i do not know the guy…but maybe…just maybe….the panty peeing was over the weekend and he was laughed at??

36. andrewberkshire says:

Looks like the organization is trying to clear Boyd’s salary for a little cap space. Could be just for future ideas, or it could be signalling that the team is looking to make a trade. Gauthier has been extremely active in scouting other teams for the last 2-3 weeks.

37. JSP1990 says:

They have two kids I really like. Both centres. Cal O’Reiley and Colin Wilson.Gomez for one of them? Maybe Mattew Lombardi? I can dream Shea Weber or Ryan Suter too. Gomez, Weber, O’Bryne and a first for Weber? Please?

38. shiram says:

Yup thats a bit weird, i guess we’ll know in about 48 hours whats going on.

39. shiram says:

Went to kfc, got a double post down.

40. sholi2000.com says:

Summit:

One of the best weekends I’ve ever had.  The people were so much fun.  The night life, and the city is just amazing.

Thanks for everything Ian, I think next year I will stay 5 days, lol.

Hey Chuck, Go Chuck yourself ;)

I can’t wait to meet the real HardHabbits :)

Dave you’re awesome.

JasonM is a hoot

Julie and Jill Rock, say hi to your dad for me

Robert Too Tall (seriousfan), nice meeting you

Yukon Pete, Lets Do Lunch and I dare you to jump the glass on Tuesday night.

Peter and K8, it was a real pleasure

and to Jim, Phillip, Gabriell, Sherrri, Tim, Tommy B, SmartDog, thanks for hanging out with me, it was great time.

To all that I have missed.  I remember everything yet nothing at all.  It was a Blast and I can’t wait to go again.

” What’s wrong with that guy, oh that’s Shane from Brandon, he hasn’t stopped smiling since he landed”

“You’re not HardHabbits, Hard Habbits is seven feet tall, and four feet wide”

“what do you mean you don’t have coors on tap?  Well then send me two beers and one big glass”

“free food, no _______ way”  Section 218

BiG
    Fella-”excuse me sir you have to leave now”  Shane- “Really , well you
    better go grab those three guys cause I’m not leaving….well ok”
    -Closed Hurley’s

They Call Me Shane

41. punkster says:

Love the pic I got of you in the Price Bulldog uni. Priceless!!!

Where are my royalty checks?

There must be some very precise and compricated pran that I just don’t comprehend.

44. mike g says:

Hey…

Halpern/Darche/Pouliot was a musical line, and it won us the game in BUF.

Not gonna defend JM here, but seriously if your goal in life is to come on this site and piss-out negativity, get outta here.

Some of us are fans, win or lose, and we wanna have productive conversations without people crying about past trades/moves.

What’s in the past is in the past. It’s done, and can’t be changed.

Do people still laugh at you because you used to piss in your pants?….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

It was very funny Dave, when 4 people came to the Pub wearing Timo name tags.

Oh totally. No-one can properly pull it off. Even I sometimes can’t.

47. habsfan321 says:

Definitely not… He might be claimed on re-entry waivers (for half his salary), even then, the way he’s playing now, I doubt it.

48. andrewberkshire says:

RDS just reported that if he clears waivers he’ll stay in Montreal.

49. Dave Stubbs says:

There were at least several people claiming to be Timo at the HIO Summit on the weekend, Timo. All knockoffs.

Dave Stubbs
    Habs Inside/Out
    Sports Columnist/Feature Writer, Montreal Gazette
    • On Twitter: twitter.com/habsinsideout1

50. andrewberkshire says:

It’s so sad how patheticly desperate you are to get attention. Getting banned every day and then going through the annoyance of getting a new email address just to sign up for the site again.

He will clear waivers, no problem. Then be sent to Hamilton for further seasoning. Great move by the GM.

Click here for an update. Read Ian Cobb’s HI/O Blog

Waiving Boyd was the missing piece of the puzzle. NOW that it’s done and over with Gomez will start scoring in every game and Gionta will be crashing the opposition at every turn. You see… you will all see.

53. habsfan321 says:

Well Gionta might get pissed off… and why would Nashville want an 8 million dollar center who has 3 points in 14 games and has 3+ years left on his contract? I don’t even think Nashville makes 8 million in yearly revenue.

But for the sake of discussion, who would you want in return? Propose a trade…

54. mike g says:

Read the comments below…

People saying Gomez should be waived, Gauthier is a clown cuz he signed Boyd and traded “the #1 goalie in the world”, etc…..

It’s a never ending episode here…

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

55. mike g says:

IMO…

If he’s ABLE and willing to play wing, keep him here and play him about 15 min per game.

But, he’s a natural centerman, and if both parties feel the best place for him to succeed is Hamilton right now, send him there.

Unless Gomez is gonna drop to the 3rd/4th line. I think Halpern’s strong season so far is keeping Eller off the 3rd line. The Habs wanted Eller to play there, but they can’t cut Halperns minutes due to his strong play.

And Having Eller play 6 minutes on the 4th line isn’t great.

What is hindering Eller and the Habs now is that he’s a centerman. If he was a winger, he’d be playing on the 2nd line.

Time will tell….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

56. temekuhabs says:

Dustin BOYD was a very good Junior player for the Moose Jaw Warriors. This is what we do, passionate about the team. Where in there is this about Halak???

57. habs hohum says:

because Martin is the coach.

he loves musical lines, and none of them ever work.

58. smiler2729 says:

This is basically the Habs sending Boyd to Hamilton.

Lapierre should follow him NOT be elevated to the TOP 6. WTF! Why not call up David Desharnais or someone with some scoring skills instead of shoving plumbers up there??

59. SLONCOLD says:

what are we to do with eller? do u think he’s btter served in hamilton or MTL?

60. JSP1990 says:

So am I crazy or should we try and make a deal with Nashville involving Gomez? They’re searching fo a centre big time.

61. temekuhabs says:

I don’t know about that.. easier to waive a guy with 1 goal who makes 600 thou as opposed to a guy who has 1 goal and makes 7 mill

62. mike g says:

Dustin who?….

Yeah, that’s what I thaught.

It’s amazing how HIO posters can make a huge deal about every single move the Habs do, and manage to turn every story on this site into a pro-Halak debate, a Gomez on waivers campaign, and/or a “Gauthier is useless” conversation.

Sad guys, very sad….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

63. SLONCOLD says:

kinda see this as a zero move. not like we’re going to replace him with anyone better. nothing much will change

64. Mattyleg says:

Don’t think that many rookies/unproven players would help our team. Too much inexperience. For every good thing they do, there’ll be a flood of mistakes.

Spacek and Gomez don’t have anything to do with the waiving of Boyd. Coaches have to deal with more than one thing at a time, you know…

Lappy will come back and get going again, don’t worry about that.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

65. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

They won’t do it. If I was Nashville, I wouldn’t do it.

66. Mattyleg says:

Meh. Just getting rid of Sergio was a good move.

We were never going to get someone significant for SK. We got a grinder, but we’re lucky to have more of them coming up through the system. We were never going to get a effective playmaking scorer for the mess that is SK, so I think this just all says more about our depth as a team than anything else.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

67. showey47 says:

You will forever be known at the pub as sholi”two beers one cup”2000. It was alot of fun meeting you and having some beers. Only in montreal could you witness a 4 month old being ejected from a pub,lol.

68. cdnred17 says:

at the end of the day, what do they expect from a guy that is making so little? Why on Earth are they waving Boyd when a MUCH bigger concern should be the play of Spacek and Gomez, who have both earned time in the press box, almost every game this year! Coach Martin – grow some cajones, please!

And yes, please, enough with Maxime Lapierre.

AK 46 – Pleks - Cammy // Gionta – Eller – Pouliot (he’s earned it!) // Moen – Halpern – Darche // Pyatt – White – Palushaj

Hamrlik – Markov – Gorges – Picard – Subban – O’Byrne – Gill

We still another Top 6 forward, which hopefully Gomez becomes after watching a game or two from the rafters. Spacek? Space, k? As make, make some space, k, by trading him for a 200th ROUND pick in 2044.

69. jimmy shaker says:

Really?  That’s shite, what’s the difference if your 35 or 25?  If you send anyone down, it should free up that contract against the cap.  SO basically the only way to deal with the salary is trade them to some team that has ample cap space that can take on the contract.

Shaker

70. andrewberkshire says:

They’ll call of Pacioretty. LOL

71. NightRyder says:

Should have kept Dom Moore for the Boyd slot.

Anyone think Gomez would clear waivers?

72. Psycho29 says:

I laughed when that guy showed up with the “Tony” name tag and the mob chased him all the way to St.Antoine!!!

:-)

73. HabsoluteFan says:

Who could we call up from Hamilton for his offensive talent that would help us on our top 2 lines ? White had a great camp and used to score a bunch in juniors but would he be the first call-up ? If anybody’s following the Bulldogs, I’d like an update on who’s doing well in Hamilton!

74. fbkj says:

i can haz white plz?

75. HFX-HabFan says:

Boy, you really have the hate on for Ian these days, don’t you?

76. ManApart says:

You know what would happen if Gauthier did what you are suggesting? All together now, Ian would say……

77. fbkj says:

i sense a meme

78. scrowe21 says:

This was probably already posted but I just came across it now. Tinordi’s fight from yesterday.

79. ManApart says:

HEY, HEY NOW. I’m teasing the guy because of his eternal positivism, but I have not an ounce of hate for the guy in the least.

80. Greg says:

Not sure they really gave him a fair shot.  But fair enough, Darche is playing well… there isn’t really a spot for him.

“I lined up next to him at a faceoff, looked over and said “Hi Rocket”. All he did was growl.”

-Gordie Howe

81. MathMan says:

Nifty idea. Unfortunately the lawyers who wrote the CBA thought of it, which is why they put a rule in the CBA that forbids a team from signing a player they bought out…

82. ctony says:

Wade Phillips got fired.

A long tenured coach with an above .500 record in cities
    that don’t have hyper expectations.  A GM
    friendly guy, who doesn’t have higher management aspiration, doesn’t complain
    about draft picks or trades.  Doesn’t
    play an inspiring style, doesn’t have much of a personality.  Fans wanted him gone last year, but he won in
    the playoffs and came back despite would-be successors in the organization that
    some saw as innovators.

Hey Jacques, you’re just one a losing streak and an embarrassing
    loss away…

83. SeriousFan09 says:

Posted it yesterday but pretty solid outing for a guy coming out of the USNTDP, with that size and having a year or 2 in the OHL to build up a mean streak he could be what we never got out of Komisarek.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

84. darcy1 says:

i’d see rather him sit in the press box instead of one of the young guy who could be getting good ice time in Hamilton

85. kempie says:

Bruins placed McGrattan on waivers. He is big tough and dumb if that’s what we’re looking for.

86. mbplekfan says:

He is scoring from the point on the power play. He isnt much of a 5 on 5 player. Doesnt have any physical aspect and isnt fast enough to make up for his other deficiencies.

I dont mind leaving him in Hamilton for a few years to see if he develops but I suspect he will bolt to Europe when his contract is over.

Habs are not looking for toughness. Not while JM is their coach.

88. patience is a virtue says:

Demoting Boyd is about PhD and Eller

I like this move.

The way I see it, JM figures he has a potent third line in PhD.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see them stay together all season.  So, no Pouliot on the top 6.  Eller shouldn’t be there either.  He will be the next Pleks if the Habs let him develop over a few seasons centring the 4th or 3rd line – he has skill, and he can grind.  Boyd gets in the way of Eller playing centre.  And he takes up a spot that could otherwise be used to call up a grinder, like White, to have a truly robust checking line (Eller, Pyatt, White or Palushaj).

Sure, we’d rather have someone other than Lapierre to promote to the top 6, but Max does have hands, and he showed what he can forchecking and going to the net last year in the playoffs, and out of the gates this season.  This is his chance to shine the way his buddy Lats has.

My only question for GM here is why not keep AK-Pleks-Cam together – they rock as a unit – and put Laps with the Giant Mexican (Gio & Gomez)?  G&G may be slumping, but the chemistry has been there, just not the finish.  It was only a matter of time before they started putting them in.  I hope Martin reunites them.

89. ManApart says:

I haven’t seen him as much in Hamilton, but he was an awesome player in Kitchner. I’m not sure about your speed assessment on him. I definately think he will mae the show within 2 years. mabe not with us but somewhere.

90. Mark C says:

Toughness? He can’t even play 5 minutes a game.

91. ManApart says:

Hey SF, you know a lot about our Hamilton guys. What’s the word on Weber? How’s he doing so far defensively/ Future with the Habs in the next few years?

92. JD_ says:

Meh. In the mood for some gratuitous Loafs bashin’.

In this article, Loafs GM Brian Burkie inadvertently reveals a possible reason things in T.O. aren’t necessarily goin’ to his plan, “If you watch the game films and show me one thing Ronnie [Loafs head coach, Ron Wilson] did wrong, then come back and ask me about it…Let me ask you a question: Did Ron play poorly last night? No.”

I imagine there was a lot of uncomfortable wincin’ and foot-shufflin’ among the reporters durin’ the press conference, although apparently nobody worked up enough nerve to point out to Burkie that Ronnie hung up the skates some 22 years ago. Perhaps someone should tell him.

Maybe 20 games into the season does mean somethin’ when it comes to havin’ enough of a sample upon which to trend out. All the early-season flukosity sorta gets flushed out and teams revert to their respective means. Notably, in the Eastern Conference, the Bobby Clobbers just came off a six-game winnin’ streak before fallin’ to the Caps, and the Islanders – who, while winnin’, were a compellin’ blend of youth and vets and are now just another blend of youth and vets, you know, like the 29 other teams in the league – are on a seven-game losin’ streak.

And, of course, the Mopey Loafs continue to slide down the predestined path of inevitability, the early-season chest thumpin’ silenced as the team’s fans re-emerge from their blissful slumber, the feel of their InceptionTokens™ removin’ any faint hope that the dream will continue, and the pall once again fallin’ over the head coach’s face as the Curious Case of Ron Wilson comes to a close.

Ok. Palette cleansed.

93. linp says:

Did we do enough scouting before we signed Boyd? I agree that we have to get rid of SK but Boyd is not ready to play a center position in the NHL. He is too weak defensively. Wonder whom they’ll call up to replace him? I would prefer White.

As for putting Lapierre in the 2nd line, I hope this “promotion” will spark him to rediscover his form during last year’s playoff. If he still plays like what he did this year, he won’t stay in the 2nd line for long.

I would prefer to reunit AK with Pleks and Gomez with Gionta. JM is over reacting with all these line changes. But I do agree with splitting up Subban with Markov.

94. linp says:

I fully agree with your view. I like your name also. JM definitely needs some patience.

95. patience is a virtue says:

Ah yes, Moen.  I always forget about Moen.  I’d rather just forget about Moen, quite frankly.  I guess it’s Eller and Moen + Pyatt or White or Palushaj to round out the grinder line.  Or maybe Moen actually spends some games on the sideline?  Heaven forbid, a veteran!  lol

Don’t get me wrong, I’ll be happy we have Moen if the injuries start to pile up, but when the roster is healthy he seems to get in the way of youth development.

96. SeriousFan09 says:

He’s lighting up the scoresheet (7G, 4A in 11 GP) but he’s at an even differential and watching the Bulldogs game CBC broadcast, I think he’s trying to be a bit too offensive and forgetting his own zone. Maybe he thinks he’s got something to prove after PK smashed the team records for a defencemen and eclipsed him last season. He needs to make quicker decisions and have better stickwork IMO, he doesn’t have the strength of PK and at 5’11″ he’ll have to just be smarter with the puck and be better with taking it away from others in his own end.

Not sure if he can take his defensive game far enough this season to make the Habs if he’s too set on playing as an offensive defencemen, his O stats may be good enough to make him a PP specialist in the NHL but it’s his D game he needs to grow or he risks bouncing around the NHL if he makes it like MAB does. I haven’t had a chance to take in a Bulldogs game this season, but I’ve planned to go to an afternoon match the week after this one and get a better view of how Weber’s doing.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

97. Kooch7800 says:

So for S. Kostitsyn we go Boyd and Ellis….equalling nothing and for Halak we got Eller and Schultz.

I hope PG doesn’t make any more trades based on his current track record.

98. HabsFansince49 says:

Can someone please give me 3 good reasons Martin knows what he is doing?

I don’t pretend to be an expert; just a die-hard Habs fan passing my opinion

99. ctony says:

The scouting was fine.  Boyd is ok.  He played for Canada at the WJCs, was a solid junior, and he has decent size/skills.  He doesn’t have enough of an offensive component to distinguish himself as a top 6 guy.

Someone on these boards made a great point that Halpern outplayed for the third line centre spot and that we need to see what Eller can do.  So, Boyd is out.  It’s a shame, because I thought he would work out.

100. Mikey_39 says:

I don’t get this move.  We just signed him, and we’re already giving up on him? I feel bad for the guy.  And it doesn’t exactly send a good message to free agents that we want to sign.  Maybe a move is coming…

101. Say Ash says:

As somebody said earlier, we gave up Sergei and got back Andrei.

102. ctony says:

All we got at the time was 24 hours to negotiate with Boyd and Ellis before they became UFAs.

103. HabsFansince49 says:

I hope the move is behind the bench, though i doubt it somehow

I don’t pretend to be an expert; just a die-hard Habs fan passing my opinion

104. fuhgawz says:

Habs have signed Billy G

105. secretdragonfly says:

Source?

106. matraque says:

Not yet…

——

Canadien en 5!

Never go Full Retard

107. Mark C says:

The move is to clear cap space, there is also a pretty good chance he goes unclaimed. I don’t think it sends any message to free agents, Boyd is a fringe bottom-six player, these guys get waved all the time.

108. fuhgawz says:

no source just throwing it out there

109. likehoy says:

Guerin – Gomez – Gionta

triple G, forming an all-american line.

I don’t buy it.

- I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

110. Mikey_39 says:

Lol Cruel…I have lab reports to write, but instead I’m refreshing this page every 30 seconds

111. The Cat says:

I think youre right.

112. TripleX says:

Then why sign a UFA who is in your words a “fringe bottom-six”?  I would think we have plenty of those in the organization already.

The point is PG signed a UFA after I can only assume was due diligence, and then decides 14 games into the season it was ill advised.

If he really is what you say then I would rather have played Ryan White than sign Boyd.

‘Cogito ergo doleo’

113. joeybarrie says:

So once 24 year old Boyd clears waivers and is sent to the Hamilton Bulldogs he can NEVER play for the NHL team again? Is that the way I am to understand it. Im guessing this by the posts on here that he can not be recalled by the Habs if/when we need him.

I guess the Habs tried to trade him, and there were no takers. Or maybe this organization thinks he can be an asset in the future or in Hamilton. This does not strike me as the end of the world, but I could be wrong.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

114. secretdragonfly says:

Good, rather have MAB – at least he has a howitzer.

115. CharlieHodgeFan says:

It’s taken a long time for me to get this, but finally, I understand. Weber is Swiss. Streit is Swiss. Therefore, Weber will develop into a Streit type player. He can’t become a MAB type, because MAB isn’t Swiss. Weber’s Swiss destiny means that in spite of his having more holes in his defence than the hometown cheese, he is the Swiss saviour of our power-play, to make amends for the long ago non-signing of that Swiss guy, Streit.

Man, I just saw a smallish d-man with a great shot and very little defensive ability. I missed on his essential Swissitude. Damn! It’s taken me too long to get that streit.

116. joeybarrie says:

Here it is:

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

117. matraque says:

Just get a twitter account… Usually where the stuff leaks first.

——

Canadien en 5!
    Never go Full Retard

118. likehoy says:

I don’t think that’s true…

it doesn’t sound right, it just sounds like he’s still part of our property unless he is claimed on waivers

we can call him up if he does well, but who says if he’s doing well in the AHL someone won’t pick him up on re-entry for half the value?

- I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

119. shiram says:

anyone could edit that wiki entry…

120. CharlieHodgeFan says:

He hasn’t been bought out. So if he clears going down and clears coming up, he’ll fly back like all the other boyds come Springtime.

121. secretdragonfly says:

Well, if it’s on Wikipedia, it must be true, lol.  Attaboy, that was some fast work.

122. LA Loyalist says:

Well the explanation for Boyd is obvious.

He’s apparently, at 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m) and 192 lb (87 kg; 13 st 10 lb), taller than Gauthier, and we can’t have that.

Gill is next on the hit list.

“Go SMURFS!(tm) ALLEZ LES STROUMPFS.”

123. Shiloh says:

They’ve got to do something. They’re getting decent enough goaltending so we need some scoring or some grit to give our offensive guys some room. Either call up White or maybe sign Guerin – but something probably has to happen.

124. Mark C says:

Depth. Every organization needs depth, and there is always a chance that these depth signings give teams extra value, e.g. Halpren. Also, these types of signings allow players like White to fully development in the minors, without being rushed, e.g. Max-Pac.

Boyd hasn’t worked out like management hoped (also, players like Darche have played above their expected levels), and it seems management wants to clear some cap room.

125. LA Loyalist says:

Crap I just read the Winki-thinki – I was thinking $1m as insurance, not $7M. Anyway, it’s dated tomorrow. We can go in and revise down. Gauthier won’t know, he’s dumber than dirt.

Anyway, for $1M I would do it, I think we can justify him as insurance and as a cattle prod for our young ‘uns.

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

126. likehoy says:

I have a feelign darren dreger just called Billy G for a confirmation.

- I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

127. joeybarrie says:

No matter how much DUE DILIGENCE you do, sometimes the move does not work out the way you hoped. Especially with a young player. Look at 2001 when Boston drafted Lars Johnsson. Played a total of 8 NHL games…

Ilya Kovalchuk……….

It happens.  Not a tragedy, By the way, Boyd is and was a RFA.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

128. SmartDog says:

Can’t believe we’re passing up on ANOTHER small non-scoring forward.

What is the MATTER with Gauthier!!!

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

129. punkster says:

Another example of why PG hangs on your every word.

2010 Summit Is In The Books!

Click onto the Summit page and post your
    pictures, comments and what prize that you won at the raffle,etc.

NEW UPDATE ON THE SUMMIT page.

Read Ian Cobb’s HI/O Blog click on here for the summit page.

Julie is putting together all of your pictures for display on the Summit page. So send them to her.

131. joeybarrie says:

WAIT…….  ARE YOU SAYING THAT ONCE HE CLEARS WAIVERS WE CAN ACTUALLY RECALL HIM IF WE NEED HIM???? OMG so he is not completely useless just yet????  So we didn’t just simply throw out his contract?

I was fishing….so thanks. By the way once he has cleared waivers going down, he DOES NOT have to clear the again coming back up. He will have to go thru waivers again going down if we keep him for 10 games or 30 days…

No offense to Boyd, but i doubt most NHL teams will find him a HUGE bargain at 300k less than his current salary. Im pretty sure he will clear and we will bring him up if/when we need him.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

132. joeybarrie says:

NOT JUST ANYONE DID…. IT WAS ME……. Shhhhhhhhhhh.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

133. mike g says:

It’s on wiki, so it’s 100% correct..

Especially the part where it says:

“On November 9th 2010, Guerin signed a one year deal with the Montreal Canadiens, worth an estimated 7.3 million dollars.”

And today, we are November 8th, 2010.

Either this is Eklunds 1st ever correct rumor, or it’s a complete joke.

But it’s the internet, so it’s real.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

134. punkster says:

1. Almost 1200 NHL games coached with an overall .550 winning record

2. Tied for 10th most wins by a coach in NHL history

3. Coached the Habs to ECF last season

nonsence!

136. Mikey_39 says:

1mil? why???? Nobody has offered the guy a contract.  The guy is waiting by the phone.  If we were to take a chance on him it’s for league minimum

137. K-hab25 says:

Ya they’re the same situation. The boys were picked by many to got the Superbowl and instead halfway through the year they’re the second to last place team. The Habs were picked by many to miss the playoffs and a 7th of the way through, they’re in 3rd place in the eastern conference. Get a clue!!

138. likehoy says:

with that logic, wouldn’t gill have been the first to go?

or were they trying to consider if gill was really 2 3’5 persons standing on each other’s shoulders?

- I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

139. shiram says:

Oh yea well, i could have erased it, but i didnt! so that counts for something maybe?

140. joeybarrie says:

I think Guerin would be a good move. I just don’t know if we NEED to just yet. Big guy who goes to the net. Hard for me not to want him. He WOULD be a great role model and I will bet he would take 1 million, and it would be only about 800k in cap. He might even take the same same 650k in cap that Boyd took.

BUT even if Guerin signs for 7.3 million, it would mean we would have to have started the process of dumping Gomez.  I figured people would be cheering loudly.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

141. LA Loyalist says:

GMs do this stuff to look like they are doing something when the fans complain.

The penultimate hockey team for a GM is all draft picks with no corporeal team, that way they can never be judged.

Not to butcher Camus, but he had a great line in La Chute that “reprieve was not acquittal, but it was always worth taking”.

Thank g*d for fans, who provide judgement on a nightly basis.

142. joeybarrie says:

You could erase it. It seems like too much work now to go back and re-edit it correctly.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

143. joeybarrie says:

Thank you, thank you….

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

144. LA Loyalist says:

Very true. Looks like without having to worry about S Andrei is good

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

145. LA Loyalist says:

Very true. Looks like without having to worry about S Andrei is good

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

146. punkster says:

Listen, when ya get a few minutes could ya maybe go ’round the house and pick up those Gs that are layin’ around there and courier ‘em down to the Bell Centre? lLike I know a couple o’ guys who could use ‘em. Huh? Could ya?

147. TripleX says:

I doubt PG listens to anyone other than his mentor BG.  If he had listened to me the Habs might not be in this mess.  :)

PG no, but you seem to.

‘Cogito ergo doleo’

148. JD_ says:

Only, only, if you promise next time to spend the entire game in the Bell Centre’s corridors and, if you do happen to pop yer head in to see a shred of the live action, less empty-handedness, more overpriced, sugary swill.

149. LA Loyalist says:

Please explain to us dopes how Eller learns to play offense playing grinder time?

Most toasters praise him as a potentially potent offensive player, that seems to be the consensus. If he’s not camera -ready, then shouldn’t he be playing a million minutes on the top lines in Hamilton?

In other news, I love you refering to Nomez as The Giant Mexican. Expect death threats, I get them often. :)

“the beatings will continue until morale improves”

150. LA Loyalist says:

Make him GM. Works for me.

151. gloveside says:

As far a Sergei goes, it was addition by subtraction, still we aren’t so deep and talented that we can continue to give away players and get nothing in return.

152. LA Loyalist says:

I have an ’82 first growth Bordeaux that gets drunk out of a paper bag in a Greek place on Duluth where you can byob (do they still have those?) the day that Nomez goes.

“Allez Les Stroumpf”

153. CharlieHodgeFan says:

I bit – didn’t read who posted. oops. ;-)

According to Wikipedia, he’s been claimed by Omsk.

154. andrewberkshire says:

The superiority complex knows no bounds.

155. Chorske says:

The Boyd is on the wing- but that’s absoyd! The wing is on the boyd!

156. LA Loyalist says:

touche. As soon as I wrote my joke I knew someone was going to crack that – nice.

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

157. joeybarrie says:

82 was in fact a very good year for Bordeaux. Surprisingly so…. GOOD CHOICE. But don’t buy the bottle just yet. Our boy is going nowhere but to the jeweler to size his 2012 Stanley Cup Ring…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

158. patience is a virtue says:

I do not pretend to know which would help Eller more – large minutes at the AHL level or small minutes at the NHL level.  It can work both ways.  They are different callibers of hockey and playing less minutes in the NHL is sometimes more productive for individual development.  Furthermore, with a player of Eller’s calliber centring the 4th line, hopefully it will be able to take on more minutes as the season progresses…

My broader point was that the Habs started the season with 3 bottom 6 centres, and they have chosen which two they want to keep.  For now.

“Giant Mexican” (Gionta and Gomez) is from FourHabsFans.

159. LA Loyalist says:

Gill doesn’t count as he wears stilts, apparently.

thank you for playing.

160. Bill J says:

OK your gonna love this question.

Explain Halak instead of Price then ?

161. punkster says:

Fine! Be that way.

162. SLONCOLD says:

I think our powerplay is struggling due to a lack of offense being generated from the blue line. Webber rpesents a nice project but we’ll see.

Until our defense can make a better pass out of the zone we’ll continue to struggle as a team.

163. mbplekfan says:

Weber can shoot but the rest of his game is lacking and likely will not improve.

He isnt big enough for any role in the NHL. He doesnt skate well and that likely wont improve. He is an excellent offensive weapon for the AHL but will never make the jump to be an even adequate NHL’r.

164. SLONCOLD says:

he’s 5’11”. and i don’t see his skating as being terrible.

165. samTHEman says:

You must be kidding. Take a look back at Streit’s development.

166. Say Ash says:

Are we talking about MAB?

167. habs365 says:

Lines like that vancouver will clean us

Rocket is not happy.

168. Mark C says:

No kidding, Weber just turned 22, a little more than 2 weeks ago, yet he’s already getting written off. Streit was 26/27 when he broke into the NHL.

169. ManApart says:

Is it possible for Gauthier to waive himself? If he did do this and ended up in Hamilton, I guarantee you Ian would be saying what a great move it was lol.

170. MTLForever says:

I like Dustin Boyd, young and has a lot of speed. Hard worker.

Carey Price wins last week’s Play of the Week with this spectacular save against Florida’s David Booth. http://goha.bs/cjU8yX

171. ManApart says:

The Rocket, as he is today, should be put on Gomez’s wing, he’s about the only one who hasn’t been tried. I mean, he only has 2 less points than Laps, 1 less than Eller and is tied with Pyatt for 0 points. Worth a shot I say. I think if this happened, there is a pretty high chance Ian will say “great move by the GM” LOL.

172. aemarchand11 says:

Buy Gomez’ contract out and then re-sign him for 4Years, 500,000 per. lol.

Take the cap hit, along with his new salary and that creates his value. He still gets paid, we get cap relief, all is well!

2010-2011

173. ManApart says:

I don’t agree. I think Weber can become a good NHL player like his compatriot Streit. He’s tearing up the AHL offensively as he did in JR. With time his defensive game will be good enough to make the jump. There is one thing I AM SURE OF, if Weber is called up Ian will say “great move by the GM” and if he is left in Hamilton for more development Ian will say “great move by the gm”.

174. Say Ash says:

Good to hear. How’s his defence?

175. thebigguy says:

So just so we’re clear, your argument is that because Mark Streit
    developed at 26, we should assume that another swiss player will do the
    same.

Or x=a and y=a

But Streit does not equal Weber.
    He’s still inadequate in his own zone and he didn’t strike me as much of
    a passer which, in my opinion is what we’re missing from the point.
    Hopefully, once Markov is actually healthy our power play can return to
    what it was last year.

176. shiram says:

The sad thing about that, is that yes, Sergei for nothing is a pretty decent trade…

For right now though, we got a prospect, thats why he goes to the AHL.

177. habs hohum says:

not guys, Gauthier.

please name a good trade Gauthier has made?

his most recent, trading an allstar goalie(now the #1 goalie in the league) for a player who isn’t an NHL player.

178. 123456 says:

sergei for nothing is a posititve right?

179. rogus says:

Sergei for nothing. Nice trade guys.

180. habaddict_andy says:

I thought we just got rid of Sergei.

Scott Gomez to Montreal Media “You’re a pain in the neck, but you’re our pain in the neck.”

181. darcy1 says:

is that “horrible”-ness is what got him promoted to the 2nd line? :)

182. RJB says:

Hahaha so clever, can’t beat me with facts so you resort to insults.

“I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
    - Bilbo Baggins

183. JSP1990 says:

Really? I was under the impression that Timmy Thomas has better numbers. Nice try though. Keep tryin bud!

184. Mattyleg says:

Member for 1 day 1 hour.

You must lead a sad, sad life. Whatever team you ‘support’ must be kicking you off its comment wall too, eh?

—Hope Springs Eternal—

185. habs hohum says:

does Thomas have a dsave percentage of 944?

does Thomas have 3 shutouts?

nice try tho.

186. RJB says:

No, Thomas has a higher save percentage of .967, and yes he does have 3 shutouts!

Troll troll go away, come again another day!

- Bilbo Baggins

187. Jordio-oh says:

you are clueless, haha.

188. fbkj says:

heh screengrabbed

189. fbkj says:

and out come the claws

ziiiiiiing

HI/O member for: 12 min 31 sec

190. ZepFan2 says:

No, he has a % of .967. First in the league.

Yes, he does. Again first in the NHL

He also has a GAA of 1.05 Do I need to say, first again?!

————————————————————————

“Young people have seen that a team can play electrifying, fascinating hockey while still behaving like gentlemen.”

~Serge Savard~

191. StevieRay says:

I goal in 9 games … not all that bad especially when he’s only costing us .65 mil a year …. we got a playerrs making 8 mil a year with only 1 goal in 13 games …solution … JM keeps trying to make him look better by splitting up our best line ! It wouldn,t hurt my feelings if the waived Laps also .

Hopefully they’ll bring up Ryan White

192. habaddict_andy says:

He’s been worse than bad diffensively.  That line was a mess last game.  Maybe he may turn into somebody, but is a liability to Montreal.  When forwards aren’t getting goal, 3rd and 4th lines should help out.  The line of Boyd did not help at all last game.

193. LA Loyalist says:

Man that is so wrong. I’ll take a guy who brings it in the playoffs anytime over a guy who disappears in the playoffs.

Someone like Getzlaf is EXACTLY what Habs need IMHO. I don’t who who that will be, but there is always prayer.

On a happy note, Tom Nickle and I actually agree on something. I’m going to quit now while I’m ahead.

P.S. on a personal note big congrats are in order – you obviously work very hard at this and deserve to be rewarded :)

194. Cohen Chatter says:

Hard to believe the Habs are in first place. That will not last long. It is a miracle given the moves Burlington, Vermont resident Pierre Gauthier has made. He is keeping Lars Eller on the roster hoping he can save face on “giving” Jaroslav Halak away. Re Dustin Boyd—–we needed to get rid of Sergei Kostitysyn—so no big deal to send him to Hamilton. He will be picked up. The biggest disgrace is Scott Gomez and his $8 million a year paycheque. Bob Gainey’s legacy. What was he thinking taking Gomez, who is disgracing the  number 11 worn by Saku Koivu, And we are stuck with him.  Watch for the Habs to slide!

195. RJB says:

Ummm, mods? Hello?

- Bilbo Baggins

196. Bugs says:

Newsflash, Chattie: your boys in Toranna have nothing to teach us.

Spuriously furious, I swear as

197. Jordio-oh says:

pathetic.

198. Bill J says:

How is this post not deleted or member banned, but everyone complaining about this post & member is getting erased ?

Mod comment – Relax Bill, it takes time. Also note that all posts responding to an original comment are automatically deleted when the original is deleted.

199. Bill J says:

to the MOD – 1) I feel honored my suggestion was taken into consideration :) 2) hope the powers that be like it too.

Maybe this new way will help clean things around here.

And 3) (btw) only reason I replied at all was to try & get TrollParts highlighted… :)

200. Mr.Hazard says:

Manparts = Troll (see below)

Mods, please take action.

201. LA Loyalist says:

message for OMIT — if I mistakenly accused you of excessive insult then I profoundly apologize. I accept your word and will not go into the archives to identify the perp. He will do it again I’m sure soon enough. I was upset and kind of stunned at the level of vitriol and must have scanned the wrong post or thread…

May you and I start again with a clean piece of paper? I don’t expect us to agree on much, but vigorous debate and exchanging points of view are the entire point, and in the end we are fans of of the same team and want the same result.

It’s like a bunch of people who want to drive somewhere and can’t agree on the best route but in the end we still want to go to the same place.

Ca vas?

202. RJB says:

Here here! Best analogy I have heard about the constant argument we face day to day here.

- Bilbo Baggins

203. Omit says:

The slate is wiped clean as far as I am concerned.  I was a bit upset that you attributed criticisms of your child to me.  I have two of my own and it’s something that I would never think of doing.

What also bugged me was when I used your comical reference of Dink the Clown to a troll on this site.  You know the one, he uses multiple names Tony 242, etc…).  Anyway, I meant no disrespect to you at all.  In fact, because I had been a tad harsh on you in the past, it was intended as a perpetuation of your comical reference.  An olive branch of sorts.  Then you threw that comment my way and it really annoyed the hell out of me.

Anyway, all is good.  Take care.

204. LA Loyalist says:

Thank you. I have been wrongly accused of something years ago and it sticks if you don’t clear it up, so thank you.

The Dink the Clown thing was a total fluke, I Wiki’d Giroux and that was one of the options I had no idea there was any history on HIO. It’s a lesson I guess as to how important context is.

Looking fwd to arguing with you in the future :) and to another Stanley Cup in our lifetime.

205. observer says:

So the goat got absolutely nothing for kostitsyn. not even a draft pick. whatta a great brain the equal of gainey.

206. shootdapuck says:

Should have been Lapierre but everyone knows that politics and the real decision makers in Montreal ( the Allo Police media) will never have let that happen! He could have put those so called boxing lessons on display in the AHL or even the EHL!

Maybe Guerin is a short term solution, at least he could tutor on shooting ON THE NET and the benefits of shooting low instead of over the net game in and out!

“The three stars as selected by Red Fisher of the Montreal Star:
    1st star: Henri Richard
    2nd Star: Doug Harvey
    3rd Star: Jacques Plante

Final score Detroit Red Wings 5 Montreal Canadiens 3″

207. observer says:

yes, they both stink! that makes you happy?

208. Magg says:

Surprising…didn’t think Boyd did anything to warrant a demotion, especially so early. Hope the trade doesn’t come back to haunt us, doubt Sergei ever breaks out as the stud he was all hyped up to be. MAB time? Maybe if Boyd goes down they call up Weber to give him a chance on the PP, perhaps using him on the wing again. As little sense as that makes it seems like something Martin would try (again).

209. twilighthours says:

Not too broken up about this.  Boyd’s done something wrong if he’s already -6 in his very limited ice time.  (note, I don’t know if he’s -6 but I thought I read it somewhere.  Couldn’t be bothered to confirm it).

He, Lapierre, and Eller are the worst forwards on the team right now.  Lars and (unfortunately) Max aren’t going anywhere, so this one makes sense.

If it frees up a spot for Ryan White, I’m all for it.  White deserved a spot and he’d fit it on Gomez’ wing or in the bottom 6 nicely, in my opinion.  I’d let Max Pac rot for awhile before I called him up.  Desharnais is another intriguing option, as is Palusaj, but I think White is better than these guys.

The only thing that’s worrying is that he told TSN that it was unexpected.  Did Martin not even talk to him to let him know he was a bubble guy?  Come on, Jacques, communicate with your players.

210. fbkj says:

although i dislike lappy, this comment is silly

211. nick says:

I’m pretty sure this placing Boyd on waivers is a just a move to bring Weber up. They’ll use him on point with whichever D that JM decides.

212. SeriousFan09 says:

Who sits for Weber, or does he get played on the 4th line like MAB was and render it ineffective? We’re already at 8 Ds on the roster and now no spare forward to sit, a forward will get the call.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

213. TripleX says:

Claude Giroux’s contract numbers from Capgeek:  2.75 3.5 and 5.

Uggggg….if only!

‘Cogito ergo doleo’

214. nick says:

JM will probably try him at D a bit – let Spacek or Hamrlik sit for a game… Then play him as a 4th like forward with limited time… Just enough to totally screw the kid up :)

In my opinion… He’s better off with Weber who the team can hopefully develop into a full time NHLer rather than piss away a spot for MAB.

215. nick says:

It is troubling… This isn’t the first time that a player has been sent to Hamilton or placed on waivers to their surprise. Only to hear something along the lines of “not sure whats going on… JM hasn’t really spoken to me or anything”.

You’d think a coach would say “hey, I need you to work on xyz so we can get you back in the line up”.

216. ooder says:

why call anyone up though…

the roster is set as is… with 2 d sitting out

hamilton isn;t far from mtl if any injuries happen

——————

88 is the new 23

217. Habies says:

Next to go… O’Byrne.

I’ve been singing this song since Game 4… O’B will never play for us again.

Good to see this post-Boyd era having some space to manoeuvre…

218. SeriousFan09 says:

So is Claude Giroux the new Ryan Getzlaf?

Can we have a ruling Commentariat, we are officially moved on from 2003 and now 2006 is where all the anger shall fall?

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

219. punkster says:

Giroux is far too short to play for this team.

220. shootdapuck says:

Gee, you’re kidding!

“The three stars as selected by Red Fisher of the Montreal Star:
    1st star: Henri Richard
    2nd Star: Doug Harvey
    3rd Star: Jacques Plante

Final score Detroit Red Wings 5 Montreal Canadiens 3″

221. LizardKing1967 says:

I say Max-Pac comes up and plays with GG

Jim-out. I BELIEVE!

222. LA Loyalist says:

The Getzlaf stuff got pretty bad on HIO, in my recollection. But watching him play on the Quackers he’s the real deal.

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

223. LA Loyalist says:

Quick czech on Wiki:

Claude Giroux may refer to: Claude Giroux (wrestler), midget wrestler best known for portraying Dink the Clown;

224. SeriousFan09 says:

You know what’s twisted? A Duck’s Blog asked if people would rather take Jumbo Joe or Getzlaf on their team and the voting was heavily in favour of Thornton.

Can’t get that, Getzlaf may never pile the points as high as Thornton does but he’s always up for a big game situation and he’s younger, tougher to boot.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

225. mbplekfan says:

I cant see them calling up Weber. The problem on the PP is not the shot from the point.

Its the forwards where the problem is. Palushaj or White could be coming up.

226. terrygain says:

Lapierre with Gomez and AK. Good grief. Lapierre can play with jam but he does not see the ice well enough or have the hands to be a Top 6 forward. Martin will do everything but play Pouliot  with Gomez. It’s as if he wants to get fired.

227. habstrinifan says:

I think Lapierre will surprise you on this line… providing Gomez buy sinto Lap as linemate. From rumours when they first joined, seemd Gomez/Cam were not fans of Laps nor Lats. But that may have changed due to room chemistry.

228. Omit says:

You learn something new every day. I always thought that a troll on this site played the role of Dink the Clown.

229. faninCalgary says:

I’m not sure who in that organization still believes Lapierre is a player. Talk about dragging the others down.

230. oshawahabsfan says:

Boyd will be snatched up by Burke to become the Leafs truculent first line centre, you heard it here first!

231. TomNickle says:

I’d rather have half of Getzlaf than Thornton.

232. habstrinifan says:

I think you are wrong on this one. Which forward besides maybe Camillieri/Pleks most impressed during training camp and who hit the ground running as if he was continuing from playoffs. Max Lapierre.

I dont know why his game has tailed off. I really believe the habs have too many ‘forwards’ and thus misuse their players. Including Lapierre. It is something like what Pacs was saying. And yes I know it sounds like I am saying they are over the limit numerically.

So before you snicker please let me explain. We should have top two lines. Then a real checking line which wont be considered’ forwards’ so to speak and counted for real production. And then have a fourth line with a mixture of ‘toughness and prospect.

Right now we have so many similar type forawrds. I dont mean similar in style neccessarily. I mean similar in ‘perceived purpose’

Darche/Pouliot/Ellers/Laps/Halpern/Pyatt etc etc. Martin cant say hey those three are my checkers and those 3 are my ‘push back tough line and those two are my ‘new blood’ inserts. He and Gauthier should have spent summer and pre-season adding ‘structure’ to the team.

Instead what we have is a set of loose-fitting parts which JM plays with night in and night out.

I mean pause for a minute and define the forwards on this team and their  responsibilities… beyond the top 2 lines. And I am not even sure Gomez fits top two lines label anymore. I wrote somewhere that Gomez should start to be used as a Guy Carnoneau type checker-forward (remeber great job he did on Gretzky). Think about players like Ryan Walter and MacPhee and Riseborough etc… they had defined roles and would never have been seen as potential 1st liners.. which is how JM views every sinle player it seems.

As a fan do you really know the potential of Lappierre… I mean do you trust this regime to give up on him. Di we ‘give up’ on Agostini to early. Well the trade did seem justified, but was that because of how the team mismanaged him. Think about Maxwell. Rememebr him. The guy spent the season here in the pressbox. What is he in our system?. Same question can apply to so many of our ‘forwards’. A sound thinking management team would have identified what type of player they ‘thought’ Lapierre was and put him in situations to develop as such or fail (categorically) and then they could make the appropriate decision.

Same goes for former players like Agostini and Chipchura and Higgins etc etc. They were 1st line and 2nd line and 3rd line and pressbox and back again etc etc. And all the while real ‘holes’ in the formation werent being filled.

Not to me a regime that I would trust to make another ‘dump’ of a player who has ‘shown’ some ability to produce highlight reel goals.

233. oshawahabsfan says:

Women, there’s only one woman! Have you been drinking :p

234. Cohen Chatter says:

classic post!!!!!

Gomez is a disgrace

235. SmartDog says:

Mostly, glad that someone else is highlighting how much Gomez sucks.

But on the down side, people are going to think you’re me.  Not Jack Todd me, the other me.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

236. andrewberkshire says:

+10 million

237. petrov14 says:

That comment took me a second to get, then I laughed soooo hard. Nice one.

______________________________________ Long live Captain Gionta.

238. fbkj says:

and while were on it, sup with the profile pic? dark knight was so two years ago is it just being released in slovakia now?

239. joeybarrie says:

I am not going to waste my time reading the article. But when a team has the lowest shots on goal against per game in the league, I wouldnt highlight the fact that goaltending is what is leading their success… But then again I have the benefit of common sense.

Good on Halak for doing so well.

Hate to disappoint you, but I hear there is a Goaltender crisis in St. Louis since Conklin’s shut out, the fans are upset at the coach for starting the #2 backup against Columbus on Wednesday. They have been heard in the streets calling TY TY TY TY for over 12 hours now…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

240. Aybara says:

Moderators – This guy is clearly trolling now.. Might want to consider banning him.

241. TripleX says:

Did not stop Edmonton from shipping Souray down.  If Edmonton of all places is not afraid to do it then surely Montreal can.

‘Cogito ergo doleo’

242. HabsFanNorway says:

And Chicago with Huet….

Everyone from Sweden, Finland (swedish speaking), Norway, Denmark: Join the Facebook group “Montreal Canadiens Fan Club Scandinavia”!

243. gloveside says:

…and New York with Redden.

I don’t see a problem with sending down veterans, and I don’t see it as sending the wrong message. It says “Play up to your contract or we’re going in another direction”. It also says “Just because you have a big contract, it doesn’t mean you are immune to criticism”. Just because a team made a mistake and gave you a truckload of money for what they thought you could do for them, it doesn’t mean they have to have you around to watch you cash their checks.

That should go for every player on the team, regardless.

244. SLONCOLD says:

will it affect the rangers abilities to sign players?

245. mbplekfan says:

No because New York is New York. Montreal is not and never will be New York. Dont confuse the two.

246. matraque says:

Tony Marinaro on twitter:

I spoke with Bill Guerin 5 mins ago. Nothing changed since this morning.
    He would love to play for Montreal but Habs have not called him.

——

Canadien en 5!
    Never go Full Retard

247. joeybarrie says:

FINE……..joy kill. I changed it back…. Way to ruin a good rumor with your facts….

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

248. mike g says:

Who does Marinaro think he is, McGuire?…

Only McGuire can say he spoke to _________ 5 minutes ago, no matter what time of day it is.

Marinaro, your mom’s calling you, the pasta is ready.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

249. Malreg says:

I’d love to have him, and we definitely have the space if Boyd is claimed or sent down to the minors.

250. Chorske says:

What, no Forsberg or Sundin rumours? No Shanahan rumours?

What is HIO coming to.

251. habs365 says:

I don’t know if JM can coach or not….but he sure as hell don’t know how to put lines together

His 1st line should be….   Halpern (LW)   Pleks (C)   AK46 (RW)  AK and Pleks work great together and AK was doing better on the right wing and I think Halpern would fit right in with those two guys

His 2nd line should be….  Cammalleri (LW)  Gomez (C)  Gionta (RW) if I’m not mistaken…. that’s why these guy’s were brought in…. actually to be their 1st line… I would say once they played a few games together to build some chemistry….they would make a very good 2nd line

the 3rd line could be…. Pouliot (LW)  Eller (C)  Darche (RW)  this would give Eller more ice time to develop and a chance to get use to playing in the NHL

the 4th line….Moen (LW)  Lapierre (C)  Pyatt (RW) they’re good defensive players and can score the odd bonus goal

That’s the way the Rocket see’s it.

252. Mikey_39 says:

Guys I just figured out what the habs should do! No we shouldn’t sign MAB or Guerin.  No we don’t need to call anyone from hamilton.  We need to fire JM and hire Angry Sal!

Can you imagine this guy behind the bench?

253. secretdragonfly says:

Aw, c’mon, that would have been an awesome birthday present for Billy.

254. Xtrahabsfan says:

Is Jagr still playing? Be nice to have him for  a 1 year deal…..

255. Jordio-oh says:

17 points in 22 games for Omsk Avangard in the KHL. One of my all-time favorite players.

But, I don’t think he’d be a good fit for us.

256. Say Ash says:

I think Ovechkin convinced him not to return.

257. habstrinifan says:

Sure Jagr will fit jm’s coaching to a T!

258. Chorske says:

Are you there God? It’s me, Chorske.

Don’t let it be MAB

Don’t let it be MAB

Don’t let it be MAB

Don’t let it be MAB

Don’t let it be MAB

Don’t let it be MAB

Don’t let it be MAB

<Evil laughter>

260. Everlasting1 says:

..And on the 8th day God created MAB. Let there be MAB!

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

261. secretdragonfly says:

If you’re on speaking terms with God, can you ask him to do something about the trolls on this site?  Thanks.

262. Everlasting1 says:

Edit: Tossing another dart at Mario’s hole riddled picture at where his head used to be.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

263. Say Ash says:

OT: The 15th anniversary of December 2, 1995 is coming up. How will you choose to commemorate the event?

264. fbkj says:

gonna bust out my kovalenko jersey d(^_^d)

265. Storm Man says:

Le Trade… Thibault, Rucinsky, Kovalenko. Dec 6 1995. BTW I was having a good day :).

266. Chorske says:

That’s Satan’s department. You’ll have to complain to Hell.

Maybe ask Timo to intercede for you? I hear he’s from around there. :p

267. punkster says:

Timo’s from Toronto?

268. gloveside says:

Ian – that was not a very uplifting post. I don’t feel better about my Habs after reading it.

Here is where we place in a 30 team league this week folks.

Goals Against—–33. We are in 10th place.   Last week we were in   6th place.

Total Points——-17. We are in 7th place.     Last week we were in   3rd place.

Goals For———-34. We are in 19th place.   Last week we were in 15th place

270. shiram says:

A slight decline, hopefully not signs of things to come!

271. secretdragonfly says:

There are fans in St. Louis?

272. Slovak says:

and

The St. Louis Blues are awesome
    November, 8, 2010
    NOV 8
    8:45
    AM ET
    EmailPrintComments
    By E.J. Hradek

In the first month of the season, the St. Louis Blues are proving to be a pretty darn good hockey team. They have only one regulation loss in their first 12 games, going a sensational 9-1-2. That figures to a league-leading .833 points percentage.

They ran their current winning streak to seven games with back-to-back weekend road wins over the Boston Bruins and New York Rangers.

With them playing so well, I thought I’d dedicate this edition of the Monday 10 to the Blues. Here are 10 things that I like about the skaters from St. Louis.

1. GM Doug Armstrong made one sweet deal getting last spring’s playoff hero from Montreal during the offseason. Jaroslav Halak has picked up where he left off in his new crease. The Slovak stopper is a near perfect 8-1-1 with a 1.46 goals against average and a .944 save percentage. Those are sweet numbers. Halak is the biggest reason why the Blues are allowing a league-low 1.42 goals per game.

273. fbkj says:

dude, could you please stop posting blues articles here, im asking you politely

274. JF says:

Try ignoring Slovak rather than answering him.  It’s clear he just wants to annoy us by constantly posting bits about Halak and the Blues.  He might stop if he gets no response.  If not, we could consider asking the HIO staff to ban him.

275. Storm Man says:

Slovak has had alot of head injuries and needs medical care asap.

276. mike g says:

Hitler hates Benoit Brunet too…

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

277. Say Ash says:

Oye, oye, oye. Step in line, Adolf.

278. LA Loyalist says:

Post of the jour.

279. kempie says:

<Nervous laughter>

280. andrewberkshire says:

<No laughter… at all>

281. Say Ash says:

<Cold sweat>

282. The Cat says:

<erection>

283. Bill J says:

You get an erection when “Say Ash” has cold sweats ?

Still enjoying those bears eh ? lol

:P

284. Danno says:

the heeby jeebies

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

285. The Cat says:

I thought we were posting reactions to MAB coming back lol

286. Bill J says:

lol just messing with ya ;)

287. ZepFan2 says:

Don’t you mean, goose-step in line?

————————————————————————

~Serge Savard~

288. likehoy says:

sergei kostitsyn for nothing!

what could have turned out to be a steal (SK74 for boyd/ellis) is turning out to be a whole lot of nothing.

Oh well, at least we got rid of sergei l’enfant terrible.

- I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

289. shiram says:

Future considerations, maybe he can devellop some more.

290. Mattyleg says:

We got his brother back.

That was the best thing out of that trade.

Read some posts below before spouting off.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

291. yvresgyros says:

To those saying Sergei for nothing, i completely disagree, we got Sergei traded in exchange for 10 points in 14 games and some pretty inspiring play from Andrei, that ain’t nothing to me.

292. mike g says:

Can everyone please ignore “habs hohum”….

You’ll waste your time arguing with him. Mind you, he might not even answer you, since he’s on his knees bowing down to his Halak poster while listening to Guy Boucher quotes from the Lightning website.

If nobody answers him, he’ll just go away crying like all the other trolls do.

Do trolls even have a job? Or do they stay home all day playing Warcraft and eating Doritos in their basement, and occasionally posting on HIO about either Gomez, Halak, or Boucher?

Who’s their boss, do they have to pass a test or something to become one?

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

293. TB says:

you forgot about Gauthier

294. Corio says:

I say bring up White!

I second that.

296. Everlasting1 says:

Agreed.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

297. Say Ash says:

I like what I saw in the pre-season, too, but is he gonna help end our scoring drought?

298. obrien says:

I would like a Moen/Eller/White line.

Much better then Moen/Eller/Laps.

Laps is horrible this year.

299. Everlasting1 says:

Don’t know if this has been posted yet, but here are the NHL’s 3 stars of the week.

”We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

300. TB says:

man that Torres had an amazing week – definitely a finalist for the Hart!!

301. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Is anybody here bothered that Mike Komiserek has more points than Gomez and Eller combined?

302. Say Ash says:

Well, I wasn’t until I read about it just now. Thanks.

303. Everlasting1 says:

Ok..this is getting ridiculous..stop piling on now lol

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

304. CrashTheNetCrashTheNet says:

Do those stats count own goals?

“When I was a baby I wish my first word had been “QUOTE”, then right before I die I could say “UNQUOTE” – Stephen Wright

305. samTHEman says:

Wow…when you put it that way it sounds HORRIBLE. God…I can’t even stand that thought. Fu#@

306. kempie says:

Well, judging from JM’s track record on developing young talent, I think the end result is fairly predictable. He saw the Pacioretty interview and is clearing a spot on the big club for him. But seriously folks, I believe that they’re clearing a roster spot so that they can hold auditions with guys like White, Palushaj, Desharnais, hell maybe even Webber although I’m not sure how he could be worked in unless it’s on 4th line duty. Beats the MAB option though (sorry Timo)

Hey, hey, hey… no matter what you say MAB is on his way back. He will make his enterance in a most dramatic and awesome fashion that hockey world has ever seen. I don’t know what it is (that’s what makes it so awesome) but I know it will be spectacular.

308. likehoy says:

sorry I don’t have all day to read HIO, some of us have lives outside this website.

- I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

309. HFX-HabFan says:

I thought he played great in the pre-season and would have brought some grit and skill to the fourth line.  That said, he’s been ineffective aside from the season opener; being on the ice for defensive breakdowns at key moments in games doesn’t endear yourself to the coaching staff.

He could end up being this year’s version of Paul Mara- probably better than his play here has reflected, and probably deserves a better fate than being given up on so soon.

310. HabsFanNorway says:

This post is not about bashing Gomez. I like the guy, wish him well and as long as the team does well I don’t care who does the scoring.

What I want to know is: Does Gomez contract allow us to send him to Hamilton? And more interesting, can anyone of you see the Habs doing such a move? Or do we have to much class? Moves like that are done by jacka** management such as the Rangers. But you have to wonder if the team starts to loose big time and nr 11 has 15 points in mars. Just wondering what you guys think!

311. mbplekfan says:

You cannot send a veteran with Gomez’s accomplishments to the minors without destroying your relationship with him.

That signals the end of the line and would severely limit the habs ability to sign free agents.

312. Danno says:

It’s a dangerous move. I think there would be ripple effects among other veteran team members. Hopefully he will just snap out of his funk and things will get back on track. The Hamilton option should only be used if all other options have been totally exhausted.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

313. habaddict_andy says:

Does that mean there will be a call up from Hamilton?

314. bwoar says:

I thought the club was going to carry 22 players all year, which they are now at, so I don’t expect one.

315. bwoar says:

Good, Lapierre next please.

2010 Summit Is In The Books!

Sure hope
    everyone got home safe. Click onto the Summit page and post your
    pictures, comments and what prize that you won at the raffle,etc.

NEW UPDATE ON THE SUMMIT page.

Read Ian Cobb’s HI/O Blog click on here for the summit page.

317. CrashTheNetCrashTheNet says:

Don’t let the screen door hit your ass on the way out!

318. Say Ash says:

Yeah, well, I wasn’t gonna mention it until I read that Komiserek has more points than Gomez and Eller combined. At that point, the damage for the day was done.

319. SeriousFan09 says:

Ryan White likely getting tapped I think if there’s a call-up from the Bulldogs.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

320. HFX-HabFan says:

I sure hope so!  He won’t solve our offensive woes but he plays with jump and he’ll go to the wall and back for his teammates.