Boyd placed on waivers

AUDIO: Dustin Boyd | Lars Eller | Jeff Halpern | Roberto Luongo | Raffi Torres | Alain Vigneault

The Canadiens placed forward Dustin Boyd on waivers on Monday.

Boyd was a healthy scratch five times this season and has one goal in nine games.

Boyd was acquired by the Canadiens during the offseason, along with Dan Ellis, from the Nashville Predators for Sergei Kostitsyn. The restricted free agent signed a one-year deal with the Canadiens on July 1.

Pat Hickey reports from Brossard Monday morning, where the Canadiens were preparing for Tuesday’s game against the Vancouver Canucks, that Maxim Lapierre was on a line with Scott Gomez and Andrei Kostitsyn, while Brian Gionta was with Tomas Plekanec and Michael Cammalleri.

1. CrashTheNetCrashTheNet says:

or their socks!

HA!

“When I was a baby I wish my first word had been “QUOTE”, then right before I die I could say “UNQUOTE” – Stephen Wright

2. jimmy shaker says:

The best way to free up some cap space is send our two old vets who basically suck and are taking up roster spots on the D down to hamilton and bury their salary there.  That would be what, almost 9 mill between Hammer and Spacek?  Send them down, trade them, waive them, who cares, do whatever you need to do to get rid of these two jabroni’s

Shaker

3. Everlasting1 says:

Show up at the summit with a Flyers jersey? And I’m called a troll in these parts. Though I am donning a Blues cap these days 🙂

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

Ah yes, my biggest fan 🙂

5. AndyF says:

Desharnais or White call-up, maybe?

AndyF

6. since1988 says:

by the way is thar O’Byrnes mug shot? if so love it

“When people agree with me i always feel that i must be wrong” – Oscar Wilde

7. since1988 says:

ya luckily armstrong is  hurt i wasnt really expecting to win i just figured they would be close in points and with boyd only make $600k i told my friend i win regardless based on points in relation to salary

“When people agree with me i always feel that i must be wrong” – Oscar Wilde

8. boneheadslanger33 says:

Is that you Jack Todd?

9. yvresgyros says:

True, that can only mean there is finally space for Max Pac to fullfil his destiny and get top line minutes!

10. likehoy says:

post of the day, if not the week.

– I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

11. Say Ash says:

If you didn’t say with whom, it could still happen.

12. since1988 says:

I had dustin boyd in a bet with a friend who is a laffs fan that he would get more points then colby armstrong…there goes that $10 good thing i will win the bigger part of the bet

“When people agree with me i always feel that i must be wrong” – Oscar Wilde

13. PrimeTime says:

I think many of the Critics here ManApart, Xtrahabsfan, LA Loyalist, et al would be very very surprised of what can and not be done from the GM’s chair. Critics criticize no matter what the circumstance. As for the Trolls, get a life…..you are all Ho Hum!……………… Prejudice + No objectivity = No credibility. The result: Partisan warfare is on the rise, and truth is on the decline

14. Say Ash says:

The 15th anniversary is coming up.

15. habs hohum says:

better than reading your unintelligent comments.

guess who I’ll be tomorrow? maybe you, NOT!

16. habs hohum says:

so do people still call you  ZERO, like your IQ?

guess so.

so guess I’ll have the last laugh when habs don’t make the playoffs and finish in the cellar.

so sorry the truth hurts.

you just 1 of those delusional fans who forgot to take off his rose colored glasses.

better still, you were probably smiling during 9/11..

17. habs hohum says:

so do people still call you  ZERO, like your IQ?

guess so.

so sorry the truth hurts.

better still, you were probably smiling during 9/11..

18. shiram says:

HIO has not changed their clocks…

19. habs hohum says:

so do people still call you  ZERO, like your IQ?

guess so.

so sorry the truth hurts.

better still, you were probably smiling during 9/11..

20. Les-Habitants says:

Dude, worst coach in Canadian history?!?!

Really???

Do you not remember Mario Tremblay!?!? Now THAT was a bad coach

21. Les-Habitants says:

This is strange…and to be honest, I don’t get it.  Why waive Boyd?  He’s got decent speed, and was serviceable as the 12/13th forward.  Forces guys like Pyatt, Darche to be sharp.

Maybe they just feel that much more confidant in White, and wanted to bring him up?

Otherwise I’d guess that they are looking to bring up a potential top 6 forward…maybe Desharnais?

22. Mattyleg says:

hahahahahaaaaa!

hee hee…

(wipes tears from eyes)

ahhhhh…

—Hope Springs Eternal—

23. Say Ash says:

SK was a sunk cost.

You will receive it at the next summit, so be there. We will get Mike Boone to present it to you my friend.

25. mike g says:

Tampa Bay Lightning jerseys are on sale…

You know, cuz nobody buys them or goes to watch their games..

So if I were you, I’d take advantage of that and pick up a Lightning jersey for the low prices you can find one at now.

And then, you call roll it into a nice ball and shove it you know where, so that we don’t have to hear your mouth shooting off useless posts trying to tells us the Lightning will win a couple of Cups.

I dare you to put $10 on the Lightning to win the Cup every year for another 20 years. I guarantee you that you’ll be down in the end.

And, you’ll be extreamly lucky if they win one.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

26. Hagar says:

Good ROI for SK. This is the way to build a club. I need to be left alone for awhile.

27. habs hohum says:

Gomez is doing ok?   1 goal in 13 games for 8 million $$$$.

Shane, you are a wonderful person. Thank you so very much for you just being you. Your fantastic personality and emotion was enjoyed by all.

Paste this post of yours on the summit page for us my friend. Read Ian Cobb’s HI/O Blog

29. dh says:

Maybe they’ll swap him with Ryan White.

30. lenny says:

JM is perhaps the worst coach in Habs history. His mis management of players is shameful. I can believe we had Guy Boucher in our organization and we let him slip away. For those who think he’ll come to Montreal in a couple of years forget about it. He aint leaving Tampa anytime soon. He will win and stay there for a long time and probably win a couple of cups..just another mis step from the Habs organization

31. adam76 says:

An interesting take on booooooing:

32. mike g says:

I’m still pissed I wasn’t able to make it….

I promise next year I’ll be there with my Flyers jersey.

Glad to hear you guys had fun. I woulda really loved to get totally donkey-faced on beer, and then get all pumped up about how great Mike Richards is and how we coulda had him instead of AK.

But anyways, until next year, eh?

Another year, another bar fight, lol.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

33. Mattyleg says:

Great meeting you, dude!

Take care of that noggin of yours and I’ll be around for more chats next year!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

34. smiler2729 says:

I’d still love to see Martin St.Louis as a Hab…

35. MathMan says:

Splitting up Gionta and Gomez was a mistake, the two were playing well enough and only needed time to get off the schneid. It didn’t blow up in Martin’s face as badly as it could have, but there’s too much talent in 13-14-21 for it to fail.

While I’m intrigued by the prospect of a stacked first line, it still leaves the second line in limbo somewhat. Gomez is doing okay, but AKost isn’t as good as Gionta and is being swung around from wing to wing. And, well, Lapierre? Granted, it’s not like the Habs have someone they could credibly use there. That hole in the top-six that was talked about all the offseason is looming rather large now.

36. mike g says:

Good point…

And I like that you don’t judge him…

But even if he wee-wee’d himself last night, it’s in the past. Can’t change it, it happened and it’s done.

If he gets laughed at or cries about it, his pants won’t dry any quicker….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

37. Mattyleg says:

Member 1 day 1 hour.

Name: Habs Hohum.

Troll? D’ya think?

—Hope Springs Eternal—

38. 123456 says:

“Do people still laugh at you because you used to piss in your pants?….

I highly doubt it, because it’s in the past and there’s no point talking about it.”

mike g, i can not say for sure because i do not know the guy…but maybe…just maybe….the panty peeing was over the weekend and he was laughed at??

39. andrewberkshire says:

Looks like the organization is trying to clear Boyd’s salary for a little cap space. Could be just for future ideas, or it could be signalling that the team is looking to make a trade. Gauthier has been extremely active in scouting other teams for the last 2-3 weeks.

40. JSP1990 says:

They have two kids I really like. Both centres. Cal O’Reiley and Colin Wilson.Gomez for one of them? Maybe Mattew Lombardi? I can dream Shea Weber or Ryan Suter too. Gomez, Weber, O’Bryne and a first for Weber? Please?

41. shiram says:

Yup thats a bit weird, i guess we’ll know in about 48 hours whats going on.

42. shiram says:

Went to kfc, got a double post down.

43. sholi2000.com says:

Summit:

One of the best weekends I’ve ever had.  The people were so much fun.  The night life, and the city is just amazing.

Thanks for everything Ian, I think next year I will stay 5 days, lol.

Hey Chuck, Go Chuck yourself 😉

I can’t wait to meet the real HardHabbits 🙂

Dave you’re awesome.

JasonM is a hoot

Julie and Jill Rock, say hi to your dad for me

Robert Too Tall (seriousfan), nice meeting you

Yukon Pete, Lets Do Lunch and I dare you to jump the glass on Tuesday night.

Peter and K8, it was a real pleasure

and to Jim, Phillip, Gabriell, Sherrri, Tim, Tommy B, SmartDog, thanks for hanging out with me, it was great time.

To all that I have missed.  I remember everything yet nothing at all.  It was a Blast and I can’t wait to go again.

” What’s wrong with that guy, oh that’s Shane from Brandon, he hasn’t stopped smiling since he landed”

“You’re not HardHabbits, Hard Habbits is seven feet tall, and four feet wide”

“what do you mean you don’t have coors on tap?  Well then send me two beers and one big glass”

“free food, no _______ way”  Section 218

BiG
    Fella-“excuse me sir you have to leave now”  Shane- “Really , well you
    better go grab those three guys cause I’m not leaving….well ok”
    -Closed Hurley’s

They Call Me Shane

Where are my royalty checks?

There must be some very precise and compricated pran that I just don’t comprehend.

46. mike g says:

Hey…

Halpern/Darche/Pouliot was a musical line, and it won us the game in BUF.

Not gonna defend JM here, but seriously if your goal in life is to come on this site and piss-out negativity, get outta here.

Some of us are fans, win or lose, and we wanna have productive conversations without people crying about past trades/moves.

What’s in the past is in the past. It’s done, and can’t be changed.

Do people still laugh at you because you used to piss in your pants?….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

It was very funny Dave, when 4 people came to the Pub wearing Timo name tags.

Oh totally. No-one can properly pull it off. Even I sometimes can’t.

49. habsfan321 says:

Definitely not… He might be claimed on re-entry waivers (for half his salary), even then, the way he’s playing now, I doubt it.

50. andrewberkshire says:

RDS just reported that if he clears waivers he’ll stay in Montreal.

51. Dave Stubbs says:

There were at least several people claiming to be Timo at the HIO Summit on the weekend, Timo. All knockoffs.

Dave Stubbs
    Habs Inside/Out
    Sports Columnist/Feature Writer, Montreal Gazette
    • On Twitter: twitter.com/habsinsideout1

52. andrewberkshire says:

It’s so sad how patheticly desperate you are to get attention. Getting banned every day and then going through the annoyance of getting a new email address just to sign up for the site again.

He will clear waivers, no problem. Then be sent to Hamilton for further seasoning. Great move by the GM.

Click here for an update. Read Ian Cobb’s HI/O Blog

Waiving Boyd was the missing piece of the puzzle. NOW that it’s done and over with Gomez will start scoring in every game and Gionta will be crashing the opposition at every turn. You see… you will all see.

55. habsfan321 says:

Well Gionta might get pissed off… and why would Nashville want an 8 million dollar center who has 3 points in 14 games and has 3+ years left on his contract? I don’t even think Nashville makes 8 million in yearly revenue.

But for the sake of discussion, who would you want in return? Propose a trade…

56. mike g says:

Read the comments below…

People saying Gomez should be waived, Gauthier is a clown cuz he signed Boyd and traded “the #1 goalie in the world”, etc…..

It’s a never ending episode here…

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

57. mike g says:

IMO…

If he’s ABLE and willing to play wing, keep him here and play him about 15 min per game.

But, he’s a natural centerman, and if both parties feel the best place for him to succeed is Hamilton right now, send him there.

Unless Gomez is gonna drop to the 3rd/4th line. I think Halpern’s strong season so far is keeping Eller off the 3rd line. The Habs wanted Eller to play there, but they can’t cut Halperns minutes due to his strong play.

And Having Eller play 6 minutes on the 4th line isn’t great.

What is hindering Eller and the Habs now is that he’s a centerman. If he was a winger, he’d be playing on the 2nd line.

Time will tell….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

58. temekuhabs says:

Dustin BOYD was a very good Junior player for the Moose Jaw Warriors. This is what we do, passionate about the team. Where in there is this about Halak???

59. habs hohum says:

because Martin is the coach.

he loves musical lines, and none of them ever work.

60. smiler2729 says:

This is basically the Habs sending Boyd to Hamilton.

Lapierre should follow him NOT be elevated to the TOP 6. WTF! Why not call up David Desharnais or someone with some scoring skills instead of shoving plumbers up there??

61. SLONCOLD says:

what are we to do with eller? do u think he’s btter served in hamilton or MTL?

62. JSP1990 says:

So am I crazy or should we try and make a deal with Nashville involving Gomez? They’re searching fo a centre big time.

63. temekuhabs says:

I don’t know about that.. easier to waive a guy with 1 goal who makes 600 thou as opposed to a guy who has 1 goal and makes 7 mill

64. mike g says:

Dustin who?….

Yeah, that’s what I thaught.

It’s amazing how HIO posters can make a huge deal about every single move the Habs do, and manage to turn every story on this site into a pro-Halak debate, a Gomez on waivers campaign, and/or a “Gauthier is useless” conversation.

Sad guys, very sad….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

65. SLONCOLD says:

kinda see this as a zero move. not like we’re going to replace him with anyone better. nothing much will change

66. Mattyleg says:

Don’t think that many rookies/unproven players would help our team. Too much inexperience. For every good thing they do, there’ll be a flood of mistakes.

Spacek and Gomez don’t have anything to do with the waiving of Boyd. Coaches have to deal with more than one thing at a time, you know…

Lappy will come back and get going again, don’t worry about that.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

67. Mattyleg says:

Meh. Just getting rid of Sergio was a good move.

We were never going to get someone significant for SK. We got a grinder, but we’re lucky to have more of them coming up through the system. We were never going to get a effective playmaking scorer for the mess that is SK, so I think this just all says more about our depth as a team than anything else.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

68. cdnred17 says:

at the end of the day, what do they expect from a guy that is making so little? Why on Earth are they waving Boyd when a MUCH bigger concern should be the play of Spacek and Gomez, who have both earned time in the press box, almost every game this year! Coach Martin – grow some cajones, please!

And yes, please, enough with Maxime Lapierre.

AK 46 – Pleks – Cammy // Gionta – Eller – Pouliot (he’s earned it!) // Moen – Halpern – Darche // Pyatt – White – Palushaj

Hamrlik – Markov – Gorges – Picard – Subban – O’Byrne – Gill

We still another Top 6 forward, which hopefully Gomez becomes after watching a game or two from the rafters. Spacek? Space, k? As make, make some space, k, by trading him for a 200th ROUND pick in 2044.

69. andrewberkshire says:

They’ll call of Pacioretty. LOL

70. NightRyder says:

Should have kept Dom Moore for the Boyd slot.

Anyone think Gomez would clear waivers?

71. HabsoluteFan says:

Who could we call up from Hamilton for his offensive talent that would help us on our top 2 lines ? White had a great camp and used to score a bunch in juniors but would he be the first call-up ? If anybody’s following the Bulldogs, I’d like an update on who’s doing well in Hamilton!

72. fbkj says:

i can haz white plz?

73. habby27 says:

makes me sad, I liked Boyd

74. CrashTheNetCrashTheNet says:

Boyd was a toyd.

And you can’t polish a toyd.