Boyd placed on waivers

AUDIO: Dustin Boyd | Lars Eller | Jeff Halpern | Roberto Luongo | Raffi Torres | Alain Vigneault

The Canadiens placed forward Dustin Boyd on waivers on Monday.

Boyd was a healthy scratch five times this season and has one goal in nine games.

Boyd was acquired by the Canadiens during the offseason, along with Dan Ellis, from the Nashville Predators for Sergei Kostitsyn. The restricted free agent signed a one-year deal with the Canadiens on July 1.

Pat Hickey reports from Brossard Monday morning, where the Canadiens were preparing for Tuesday’s game against the Vancouver Canucks, that Maxim Lapierre was on a line with Scott Gomez and Andrei Kostitsyn, while Brian Gionta was with Tomas Plekanec and Michael Cammalleri.

1. habby27 says:

makes me sad, I liked Boyd

2. CrashTheNetCrashTheNet says:

Boyd was a toyd.

And you can’t polish a toyd.

“When I was a baby I wish my first word had been “QUOTE”, then right before I die I could say “UNQUOTE” – Stephen Wright

3. ManApart says:

LOL, I would expect no other response from you Ian.

4. likehoy says:

No I got you!

wish it was really 4pm now so I can almost go home from work.

- I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

5. Everlasting1 says:

He’s got the right attitude. Hungry.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

6. samTHEman says:

White is a future 3rd liner IMO. Potential top 6 prospects as of now would be Pacioretty and Palushaj on the wing. After Pacioretty’s comments last week it’s unlikely he gets called up. I could see them calling up White or Desharnais, that’s it.

7. SeriousFan09 says:

Except that Spacek’s contract doesn’t come off the cap no matter what the Habs do so that doesn’t help anything, thank you over-35 contracts in the CBA, love to get my hands on the guy who wrote that one in.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

8. obrien says:

I kind of agree, they could have kept them together and put them with a winger that has some hockey sense.

By the way, “1 goal/ 8 millions”, Gomez is not a scorer.  2 assist in 13 games, that is the correct statistic to show he is struggling.  He is +/-0, which is not bad.  Not good either.

9. SeriousFan09 says:

You just told me I’ve got a year to practice jerseying people with that. You have officially been warned.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

10. shiram says:

I meant the daylight saving thing…
    But the posters are still up to their Trolly ways.

11. CrashTheNetCrashTheNet says:

or their socks!

HA!

12. jimmy shaker says:

The best way to free up some cap space is send our two old vets who basically suck and are taking up roster spots on the D down to hamilton and bury their salary there.  That would be what, almost 9 mill between Hammer and Spacek?  Send them down, trade them, waive them, who cares, do whatever you need to do to get rid of these two jabroni’s

Shaker

13. Everlasting1 says:

Show up at the summit with a Flyers jersey? And I’m called a troll in these parts. Though I am donning a Blues cap these days :-)

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin