Boucher weighing his options

Guy Boucher is still the coach of the Hamilton Bulldogs.

The 38-year-old McGill grad has been mentioned as a candidate for the vacant head coaching position in Columbus. He would not say whether he has been interviewed for the Blue Jackets’ job.

Boucher met the media today at the Canadiens’ development camp in Brossard, and Pat Hickey was there to hear the 38-year-old coach talk about his future (Boucher’s, not Hickey’s).

Guy Boucher audio

1. KenD29 says:

Although Boucher has a solid record in the minors, it might be best he cuts his teeth somewhere else in the NHL before getting behind the bench here.

Just look at Vigneault, Therrien and Julien. All started here, gone after 2 or 3 years then coached elsewhere and did well.

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

2. KenD29 says:

If I was PG, I would reply back with “1 first round draft and you have a deal”

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

3. blakep says:

hablaw I think boucher or muller should be given the head coaching job in montreal.  Martin is old we new some younger coaches! We can’t afford to lose both these guy’s!

4. notbigbird says:

IMO he’s been an assistant too long here to be the head coach, so he needs to go somewhere. I think he’ll make a very good coach.

5. Ayan_SB says:

Sid can turn my grandmother into a 30 goal scorer.

6. Ayan_SB says:

No knock on Price, but Doughty has backed it up more than the former has. We used to hear how Price was always very cool, calm and collected, but that hasn’t seemed very evident in the past year or so. And that’s exactly one of Doughty’s best qualities.

At this point, Doughty’s NHL resume is much more impressive then either Price or obviously Subban, although that’s only because PK has played such a few number of games. I think Doughty has almost surpassed his initial potential with his play this past year. But I do understand what you mean, these guys range from the age of 20 to 23, there’s a lot more hockey left to be played in their careers and it’s never fair to be compared to Crosby. But IIRC, after the golden goal, Doughty was the first to jump and congratulate him. He’s climbing up with the best in the league and it’s a matter of time before he is.

BTW, does anybody else find Price and Doughty look alot alike lol?

7. Ayan_SB says:

I think Marleau’s become more of a winger than a centre while playing with Thornton.