Bleeding for a very good cause

AUDIO from morning practice: Tomas Plekanec I and II | Travis Moen

Veronica Tuccia of Montreal suburban Pointe-Claire attended her first Canadiens blood-donor clinic today, the 29th the team has staged. She says it won’t be her last.

In two short video clips, here is a tiny slice of Veronica’s day, which we’ve decided to immortalize on YouTube and at Habs Inside/Out.

The Canadiens were hoping to collect 650 units of blood for Héma-Québec, for which this is the largest single-day collection in the province.

zViIa_L8udo

1. JD_ says:

Sweet Mother of Pearl, why wasn’t I given the memo?

Ah, Mike Komisarek is a mouth-breathin’ douche-mofo who smells like elderberries.

*cough*

2. Justin A says:

I was there at the right time! I was there from 8:30 till closing. I gave blood towards the end and I got to meet Price, Subban and Gionta as well as many others. BTW it was really nice to meet you Mr. Stubbs! I don’t know if you remember me, but I mentioned to you that I really enjoy this site!

3. andrewberkshire says:

I really don’t think Gomez has faced too much criticism when you look at his numbers. Nearly the same things were said about him last year when he had double the points.

4. Matt_in_TO says:

LOL

- In Price We Trust

5. Danno says:

Laffs “have made very significant steps in the right direction

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

6. punkster says:

A few musings from punkster’s easychair:

• Burkie says his 8-11-3 Laffs “have made very significant steps in the right direction”. He also notes, “I’m happy with the coaching staff”. Among the things he identifies as needing improvement are, “we’re not all pulling on the rope at the same time”. These astounding statements leave most of us in Habland chuckling and shaking our heads. Over here we damn the eyes of a GM whose team is 15-8-1 and pillory a coach who dares lose a game. As for pulling on things, well, I’ll just leave that particular comment alone as I’m sure my good friend JD will come up with something far more appropriate for that comment.
    • 24 games in and 6 points ahead of last season at this time. Just great, though this is not the time to get complacent as I don’t see any gimmes before Xmas and that road trip (7 games in 15 days) is going to be brutal. Makes for some interesting viewing in the coming month. May be time to order up that HD connection.
    • The Gomez watch continues and HI/O carries on its tradition of displaying mood swings greater than…well, lets just let JD fill in that blank as well, shall we? Seriously though, can there be anything more Montreal than creating a scapegoat, whipping up a frenzy and dragging a man’s good name and career through the mud and media? Hang in there Scott. Last year’s target was some kid named Price and we all know how he turned out.
    • Long way ’til Wednesday. Good thing there’s a round of ex-office Xmas parties to crash.,..er, attend.
  7. yathehabsrule says:

Who looked more nervous, Veronica or Plekanec??

Pleks looked ike he was going to faint.

Good job for everyone who showed up to donate. A single donation can save as many as three lives.

Once a year is great, but you can donate every two months. I’m a newbie (13 times) compared to people I have met that have donated 25 times or more!

___________________________________________

Note the new digs! but yeah I’m still on Twitter!

8. Danno says:

Bravo Veronica!

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

9. The Beer Guy says:

Dave’s getting pretty good with the camera. Well done. Are any of the players’ wives/girlfriends at these events?

You’re going to love my nuts!

Uh-huh… Nice indeed.

11. MTLForever says:

great cause

on another note:

Bournival, Gallagher and Leblanc have all been invited by Hockey Canada to the final World Junior evaluation camp.

12. CBrady12 says:

oooooh yeah….i went and gave blood…met andrei the giant, darche, lapierre and gorges…its pretty sad that there were more people hanging around the blood drive just to get autographs than there were people giving blood…to me if you arent giving blood you should get the hell out cause its just a distraction from people who are trying to do something that is extremely important

13. Julie H says:

I’m glad not to be the only one upset by this behavior! Dollars to doughnuts I’m willing to bet most of them COULD have given but just chose not to. AND the fact that they hung around all day just to try to get as many signatures in on shot as possible really erks me.

“I know you’re wise beyond your years, but do you ever get the fear that your perfect verse is just a lie you tell yourself to help you get by?”

14. arcosenate says:

Great idea, kudos to you for planting the seed, giving blood has many positives:

you might save someone’s life.

you feel good.

the beer goes so much further afterwards.

you feel good.

designated drivers needed.

15. Wayne says:

Wonderful stuff Dave. I think you’ve found your calling. Thanks for posting these and as Danno put it, Bravo to Veronica.

16. RandyKlemola says:

Ronnie, I am so jealous of you. GAH I HATE WORK!

17. Julie H says:

Randy, work is totally not an excuse. I went to work an hour and a half late just so I could go lol. And then I didn’t even end up being able to donate.

18. RandyKlemola says:

Lol you see Julie, I avoided that dilemma. I’m going to probably give blood tomorrow anyways to make up for it. Btw, I signed up for stem cell/bone marrow donation, beat THAT!