Bleeding for a very good cause

AUDIO from morning practice: Tomas Plekanec I and II | Travis Moen

Veronica Tuccia of Montreal suburban Pointe-Claire attended her first Canadiens blood-donor clinic today, the 29th the team has staged. She says it won’t be her last.

In two short video clips, here is a tiny slice of Veronica’s day, which we’ve decided to immortalize on YouTube and at Habs Inside/Out.

The Canadiens were hoping to collect 650 units of blood for Héma-Québec, for which this is the largest single-day collection in the province.

zViIa_L8udo

1. JD_ says:

Sweet Mother of Pearl, why wasn’t I given the memo?

Ah, Mike Komisarek is a mouth-breathin’ douche-mofo who smells like elderberries.

*cough*

2. Justin A says:

I was there at the right time! I was there from 8:30 till closing. I gave blood towards the end and I got to meet Price, Subban and Gionta as well as many others. BTW it was really nice to meet you Mr. Stubbs! I don’t know if you remember me, but I mentioned to you that I really enjoy this site!

3. andrewberkshire says:

I really don’t think Gomez has faced too much criticism when you look at his numbers. Nearly the same things were said about him last year when he had double the points.

4. Matt_in_TO says:

LOL

– In Price We Trust

5. Danno says:

Laffs “have made very significant steps in the right direction

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

6. punkster says:

A few musings from punkster’s easychair:

• Burkie says his 8-11-3 Laffs “have made very significant steps in the right direction”. He also notes, “I’m happy with the coaching staff”. Among the things he identifies as needing improvement are, “we’re not all pulling on the rope at the same time”. These astounding statements leave most of us in Habland chuckling and shaking our heads. Over here we damn the eyes of a GM whose team is 15-8-1 and pillory a coach who dares lose a game. As for pulling on things, well, I’ll just leave that particular comment alone as I’m sure my good friend JD will come up with something far more appropriate for that comment.
    • 24 games in and 6 points ahead of last season at this time. Just great, though this is not the time to get complacent as I don’t see any gimmes before Xmas and that road trip (7 games in 15 days) is going to be brutal. Makes for some interesting viewing in the coming month. May be time to order up that HD connection.
    • The Gomez watch continues and HI/O carries on its tradition of displaying mood swings greater than…well, lets just let JD fill in that blank as well, shall we? Seriously though, can there be anything more Montreal than creating a scapegoat, whipping up a frenzy and dragging a man’s good name and career through the mud and media? Hang in there Scott. Last year’s target was some kid named Price and we all know how he turned out.
    • Long way ’til Wednesday. Good thing there’s a round of ex-office Xmas parties to crash.,..er, attend.
  7. yathehabsrule says:

Who looked more nervous, Veronica or Plekanec??

Pleks looked ike he was going to faint.

Good job for everyone who showed up to donate. A single donation can save as many as three lives.

Once a year is great, but you can donate every two months. I’m a newbie (13 times) compared to people I have met that have donated 25 times or more!

___________________________________________

Note the new digs! but yeah I’m still on Twitter!