Blake Geoffrion out of hospital

Geoffrion

Hamilton Bulldogs forward Blake Geoffrion was released from the Montreal General Hospital on Wednesday after undergoing surgery last weekend for a depressed skull fracture.

“You almost have to think it’s a miracle,” Danny Geoffrion said about his son’s recovery.

Blake has to take it easy and avoid heavy-lifting. His son says he gets tired very quickly, which is normal, Geoffrion added.

Blake managed to walk around in downtown Montreal on Wednesday for half an hour and have lunch with his fiancée, Katelyn, and his mother, Kelly, Geoffrion said.

Blake was injured when he was checked by Syracuse Crunch defenceman J.P. Côté. He skated off the ice on his own, hunched over, and was rushed to hospital where he underwent surgery for the skull fracture.

“He just can’t believe that this has happened. And that’s what is so tough mentally,” Geoffrion told The Gazette.

“He’s just asking himself the ‘why’ question.”

Blake is scheduled to see David Mulder, the Canadiens’ head team physician and chief surgeon, next week.

“He’s hoping that he’ll get some clearance to be able to go home,” Geoffrion said.

1. shiram says:

Gomez scored in the ECHL.
    Well actually, a puck bounced off him and found it’s way in the net.

2. Phil C says:

Glad to hear things are progressing well for Geoffrion. It must be tough mentally to accept an injury like that.

3. shiram says:

Any beer in a clear bottle is a no-go for me, the skunk smell and taste is just not pleasing to me, though I know some enjoy it.
    The Unibroue U and U2 are particularly guilty of skunkyness.

• Trisomy 21 says:

Surely you don’t think all beers in a clear bottle smell and taste skunky.

I’ve had some good Coron… no wait.. Sleeman’s can be….
      You may have a point.

• neumann103 says:

Lightstruck, or “skunked” or “skunky”, beer has been exposed to ultraviolet and visible light. The light causes riboflavin to react with and break down isohumulones, a molecule that contributes to the bitterness of the beer and is derived from the hops. The resulting molecule, 3-methylbut-2-ene-1-thiol, is very similar chemically and in odour to the musk-borne mercaptans that are a skunk’s natural defences.[13]

In some cases, such as Miller High Life, a hop extract that does not have isohumulones is used to bitter the beer so it cannot be “lightstruck”. A dark brown glass bottle gives some protection to the beer, but green and clear glass bottles offer virtually no protection at all.[14]

There are also other solutions available to improve beer bottled in clear and green glass from becoming skunked or light-struck. There are specialty coatings that can be baked into the glass and offer additional protection from UV light

“Et le but!”

4. HABZ24 says:

Hope blake will have a full recovery,need all the healthy bodys we can get for next oct when the greedy bastards return to work.

5. commandant says:

Tim Bozon has decided not to play for France at the WJC – Division II tournament at the beginning of December. He will continue to play in the WHL as he feels this is better competition for his career going forward.

France would be trying to qualify for the main World Junior tourney next season.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

Probably a pretty good decision from a hockey perspective. How much time of his life did he spend in France Ben?

• commandant says:

About half his childhood. Born in St. Louis, but soon moved back to Europe. Spent summers in France, winters in Switzerland (or vice-versa, I can’t remember which was which).

He did play internationally for France in the U18, so he is locked in as playing for the French National team. No flipping to the Swiss or US teams to go to the regular World Juniors.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

Thanks, I personally am glad he is staying in the WHL over that period, but would have respected his decision had he gone.

• commandant says:

Agreed, I feel the same. I would understand if he wanted to play for his country, but on a selfish level I’d rather he not play in a tourney below his caliber.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

6. Kooch7800 says:

Beer! Beer! Beer! Beer!

I need another…

Beer! Beer! Beer! Beer!

Anything accept Molson’s will do
    cause that stuff is piss and effects number 2
    I much prefer heineken, Mill Street or Guinness
    As I need to be under the influence until lockout is finished!

I need another…
    Beer! Beer! Beer! Beer!

Is it Friday yet?

• Habfan10912 says:

Hey Kooch, you drink enough you can even power your home!
      ———————————–

• Luke says:

Hey, Molsons-Coors owns Creemore. That stuff is brilliant.

Heineken? Yuck. Fancy-pants euro beers. Gimmie a good ol’ Canadian brew anytime!

I have to admit, I love beer and will drink most any flavour. I especially like the Euro beers from Czech and Germany but have no issues cracking a nice cold Coors Light either. If its cold and isn’t Schlitz I am pretty much okay with it. Of course the only drinking problem I have is two hands and one mouth, so that could explain things.

• Luke says:

I’m the same actually… I was just angling (trolling, perhaps) for a NAG conversation in the beer world.

I do love a good beer, and like you anything works. Sometimes I want cold and beer-flavoured, so a coors or bud is fine, sometimes I want something with a bit more going on, so a Hen or Kilkenny… depends on the mood, or the day.

A nice couple of Guinness, served on a cool day while sitting out on the pub’s patio for probably the last time this season? Perfect. Then a bourbon (Woodford) to warm up with.

• Mattyleg says:

Ahh, beer conversation.
            Now I know what I’m talking about.
            Had some great beers in Alberta when I was out there this summer – the Big Rock brewing Co. was very good, as were some of the BC breweries. Very impressed.

We have a ton of microbreweries here in Quebec, and some of them are amazing, but the biggest problem I have with them is that many of them are pretty high in alcohol, and after only one or two, you’re pretty much done. This, for me, is a shame, as I love drinking beer, and only one or two don’t really swing it for me.

As I write this, as a matter of fact, I’m in a brew-pub around the corner from my house, drinking a rousse from Bilboquet, a St. Hyacinthe brewery. Bitter for a rousse, but delicious…

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• Kooch7800 says:

I have the same problem Sir

“Keep your stick on the Ice”

• Ozmodiar says:

Fancy-pants euro beers? Are Belgium, Germany and the Czech Republic still in Europe?

They might have a beer or two a notch above Creemore. :)

But, yes, Creemore is pretty good.

I am actually surprised at how Molson hasn’t done too much dabbling with Creemore. They have added some different flavours but are still using the Artesian Springs water which is great.

However, there is talk of a big expansion, so we shall see.

For now, they are still making one of the best local beers around.

• Ozmodiar says:

Yes, used to be just the Lager, now Pilsner, etc..

Not sure about lack of expansion up to this point….maybe it’s because they get their water from that spring, or the fact they don’t pasteurize. They’re pretty proud of these things (I recall a Creemore rep discussing while doling out samples in Collingwood).

• Mattyleg says:

Would be nice to get it in bottles here.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• Kooch7800 says:

How can you not like Heineken…that stuff is nice on a hot day.

I drink a lot of Canadian beers as well, Steam Whistle, Mill street stock,
        The only real Molson beer I enjoy is Molson Golden. Haven’t had that in a long time though. They dont’ have it at the beer store by my house anymore

“Keep your stick on the Ice”

• frontenac1 says:

With Heinekin,Guinness ,Single Malt and Cohibas,everyday is Friday for me Amigo.
      Save the “Chronic” for. a special weekend treat. Saludos!

• mark-ID says:

haha man, I hope PK has actually been playing hockey. He has been working out alot….in a gym. He seems like he has just been an entertainer during the lockout. TV show after TV show. I figured he would have at least gotten involved with the Quebec tour…but no. I’m sure he is in tip top playing shape, but just saying.

A friend of mine sees him at a rink here in the GTA quite regularly working out with a few other NHL guys. Granted it has been a few weeks since I talked to him to see if this is still going on.

• mark-ID says:

Oh ok, I assumed as much. Just publically, we don’t hear much of what he has been doing on the ice.

• mark-ID says:

I am so excited to see what he can do with the extra mass he has added.

7. Cal says:

Here’a hoping Baby Boom recovers 100%.
    So, um, has arco gone off the deep end? See below.

8. commandant says:

PK Subban taking the Post to Post challenge on TSN.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

9. commandant says:

Did someone hack his account?

Is arcosenate bi-polar? Schizo? what is going on here?

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

10. mark-ID says:

What am I missing here….one man conversation?? lol

11. Mike D says:

WTF happened with the comments below mine? lol

– Honestly yours
    Twitter: @de_benny

12. arcosenate says:

That really sucks, I hope he fully recovers and is able to play again. Maybe the strike will give him more time to do so…