Big week begins

Enough of the Sabres!

Enough of the Islanders!

Enough … actually, too much of the Senators.

The mighty Canucks are at the Bell Centre tomorrow night.

On Thursday, the Canadiens are in Boston.

Fans are going to learn to learn some things about the team this week.

• Dave Stubbs on Brian Gionta’s goal drought

• Red Fisher on the loss to Ottawa

• Jack Todd is not impressed by Scott Gomez, Maxim Lapierre

Yvon Pedneault on Gomez

Martin Leclerc on Benoit Pouliot

Today’s argument-starter: How many shutouts would Carey Price have if he were playing behind the surging St. Louis Blues?

Ty Conklin? Really??

And CKAC reports the Blues were talking trade to Pierre Gauthier during the playoffs.

1. Xtrahabsfan says:

You sound like a jealous crap tender ?

2. Matthew says:

Fair enough. I just don’t what the fuss is about. Price is playing well enough to win and he is only going to get better. The Habs are sitting in third place in the conference. Should I reiterate for the doom and gloom fans? The Habs are sitting in third place in the conference! We are not going to win 82 games in a season, ever. Nor will any other team.

It has been a fine start to the season if you ask me

3. Hobie Hansen says:

Damn right they’d never make that trade. With his salary and point production, not even an expansion team would take Gomez in an expansion draft.

4. somerslovesthehabs says:

have to agree with Hobie, comparing Richards to Gomez is rediculous smiler

even if you have evidence of Richards horrible defensive skills, his offensive upside would easily outweigh the complete ineptness of Scott Gomez and his gutless forrays towards the oppostitons blueline

just sayin

5. The Cat says:

Theyre a very young team and they have a great defensive system…Theyre also playing much tougher opponents than the habs, the East is not impressive this year…Shows what good coaching does. JM doesnt have a system, its sink or swim with the PP.

6. Everlasting1 says:

Goals coming from all lines. You’re a smart boy, do the search.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

7. smiler2729 says:

Lots of Blues fans here… kind of annoying, eh?

8. The Cat says:

Its an interesting proposition but I dont think Dallas would do it, Richards does have some versatility that Gomez doesnt have.

9. smiler2729 says:

Superstar? I dunno ’bout that but it doesn’t matter, Dallas won’t make that trade

10. Trenton_Romulox says:

Well, I mean, overall, I think this season has started rather well. Some games that the Habs have lost have been near-misses and most games have been played sans Markov. Once the power play gets clicking (should be any day now, right? RIGHT?!) and Gomez and Gionta produce closer to their expected levels, this team will be quite good. But hey, if the bottom two lines wanna keep overachieving, they can go right ahead, I won’t mind. And in the meantime, Carey Price just needs to keep playing at the level he is right now, because he’s really been quite solid. Also, I predict that Gionta is gonna really start scoring some goals. *crosses fingers

11. Trenton_Romulox says:

12. fbkj says:

i guess you missed it yesterday when he proverbally peed in his own face by citing hfboard comments

13. Mattyleg says:

He played great in the playoffs, but in his short tenure with the team, his regular-season numbers aren’t that impressive.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

14. avatar_58 says:

Riddle me this habs fans – are the Blues top scorers scoring? I haven’t followed them. Just a question – how many goals do the top lines have?

I bet it’s more than Gomez, Gionta, Cammy and Plek have. My point? Well you know my point, score and you win. Don’t and you lose. No matter who is in net.

15. The Cat says:

Its only disruption to those who police the site for trolls as opposed to posting something intelligent. His posts dont really need to be debated, hes not saying saying PG made a mistake over and over as far as I know. This is a popular forum, and its more exciting than most hockey forums, thats why people come here.

16. Everlasting1 says:

Impressive ain’t it? Smart managing and effective coaching. No Tkachuk, Kariya necessary.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

17. Hobie Hansen says:

Slump or no slump! Richards is a super-star and Gomez is a second/third line center being paid like a super-star.

18. habitual says:

A while ago there was a discussion about whether Martin coached young players well.  Martin seems to be too loyal to vets.

Leclerc is dead on that Pouliott wore goat horns that should have been worn by Gomer.  Yes, Gomer is an obvious target, and what a pleasant surprise to see him wind up and step into a shot, as he did in the third period against Ottawa.  But if he doesn’t do that consistently going forward, why not sit him for a game.  What, exactly, would be the downside?

Right now, trying to get him going means cannibalizing Plek’s line, and a rotating door on the 3rd and 4th. In other words, the entire set of offensive lines are affected by Martin’s trying to get Gomer going (and yes, Gionta too).

Spatch looks like he is either tired or confused.  Why not sit him for a game so he can reflect and collect his thoughts and wind.

Too many of our D are in their 30s:  Gill is 35, Hammer and Spatch are both 36.  How are the guys not playing (either in the press box or with the ‘Dogs) going to progress the way they are handled now? What happens next year?

There are some good things to like this season (AK, Carey, perhaps Pouliot) but there are also cracks that need to be repaired.  Part of that has got to be a change in perspective by Martin.

19. smiler2729 says:

Blah blah blah.

Do you have an old Garry Unger sweater too?

20. Hobie Hansen says:

Dude, Bergeron is possibly the worst defensive defenseman in the last decade. Nobody cares about his 14 goals or his decent shot on the PP because whenever he’s on the ice and the puck his headed toward his zone peoples’ hearts stop! Hamerlik isn’t as bad as you’re suggesting and even the shaky Spacek is more of an asset then MAB.

21. fbkj says:

and many more would be confident hed find his game as most here have special places in our hearts for the guy

this is a habs site and we dont need to be reminded how his career is progressing

slovak only posts these “updates” in order to elicit disruption

22. smiler2729 says:

It’s a slump. Slumps end.

23. The Cat says:

I appreciate the post Slovak, because had Halak started rough with the Blues, many here wouldve said they knew Halak wasnt a true number 1 goalie.

The worse thing about the Blues being as good and young as they are…. they have $12.058 million in cap space!!!!!

25. duffy says:

Scott Laughlin asked PHIL ESPOSITO ON Friday if he thought Don Cherry would ever be inducted into HOF. PHIL”S RESPONSE  ”FOR WHAT”   PRICELESS

26. shiram says:

We are 25th in goals/game for this year as of now, and 7th in goals againt/game.
    Our power play is a joke, dead last in the league, but we got the 5th best penalty killing in the league.

18th in shots per game and 7th in shot against.

To me this draws a pretty clear picture, and that is our offence is the issue.
    Dont bring up Price, unless in praise, as he his doing a bang up job. Our D seems to be holding up pretty good, and while i agree there is some issue at D, it should be offence that needs the most work.

Is it JM’s system that makes it so we are a great defensive team, but not a great offensive one? Or maybe its the players, with a few players right now definately not pulling their weight? Or maybe its all Gomez’s fault, shouldnt he be setting up everyone left and right with awesome passes?

The fact is our big guns are not firing… Cammy, Gionta, Gomez, they are not producing as they should, or as we need them to, to keep a competing team troughout the season.

I dont see how to work a solution either…

27. ZepFan2 says:

Hope you used a kleenex after posting that.

“Young people have seen that a team can play electrifying, fascinating hockey while still behaving like gentlemen.”

~Serge Savard~

28. The Cat says:

I disagree. Though I agree with you that MAB is not an NHL caliber d-man, the habs need him cause without the PP theyre nothing.

29. Matthew says:

Wasn’t Price the Calder Cup MVP with Hamilton? This suggests he was indeed stellar with the Bulldogs…

30. MathMan says:

The day MAB signs with the Habs is the day they officially become a crap team again. The guy is a liability five on five and it’s an area the Habs can’t afford to fall back to the gong shows of years past. It’s more important to be strong at evens than to fix the PP that will most likely fix itself to some extent.

Hammer and Spacek are doing good work, regardless of fan whining. They’re the Habs’ second pairing. Replacing either of them with MAB is ridiculous. It instantly makes Montreal a much worse team.

31. JF says:

I wish you would stop posting bits about Halak here.  This site is for Habs fans to discuss their team.  You are a Halak fan.  Post your comments on a Blues site.

32. RGM says:

Yeah really, at the end of the year who would want a goalie with a 2.00 GAA? Why that would only be good enough for second place to Tuukka Rask’s 1.97 GAA from 2009-10 and Niklas Backstrom’s equal 1.97 GAA from 06-07 to be the best mark from the past five years. What we need is a goalie that will finish the season with a 1.35 GAA and hope that the team in front of him has sufficient offensive capabilities to score two f’n goals per game.

33. The Cat says:

No matter which goaltender it is, I doubt the habs wouldve shipped him to Philly.

34. The Cat says:

The wingers are fine, habs need a true no 1 centreman.

35. Hobie Hansen says:

If you’d take Gomez over Richards you’re seriously messed up…

36. smiler2729 says:

I’m reading how a lot of you want Brad Richards for Scott Gomez…

FIRST, Joe Nieuwendyk is NOT an idiot.

SECOND, I’d take Gomez over Richards (defensively awful)

THIRD, you all would just start whining about Richards’ salary…

37. Hobie Hansen says:

So Jack Todd still isn’t a fan favorite amongst Habs’ fans eh? I used to carpool with my pop to work back in the 90s and he’d almost drive off highway 40 after I read some of Todd’s comments to him during the drive.

However, was he wrong about anything he said? Carey Price has been good, correct. Gomez is playing like crap in all areas of the game, correct. And finally, Maxim Lapierre is an idiot, correct.

We all know that it’s time for a change during the 1st intermission on HNIC but to make Don Cherry a zero after a heart filled Coach’s Corner dedicated to fallen Canadian soldiers, past and present, Todd is a not only a zero himself but a negative one thousand. He can call Cherry a zero on most nights but after a tribute like that; Todd deserves a kick in the teeth with an army boot.

38. Mattyleg says:

If we wanted to read those articles, we would go and read them.

This space is for “YOUR COMMENT” not copying and pasting other articles.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

39. jimmy shaker says:

I was a big Jaro supporter while he was here and was hoping that he would be sticking around here, but the brass had other ideas and we as fans have to live with those decisions.  Like it or lump it…it is what it is.  Basically Jaro has arrived….and Carey still has to put in some driving time in order to arrive.  He has certainly been a bright spot this year so far.  His play has been quite better than it was last year and I think the faithfull here and at the bell centre night in and night out have recognized this.  I have faith in Price, because that’s all we have left and I do see his upside/potential molding into form.   The only issue I have with Price at the moment is his inability to catch the puck, seems like a lot of shots go glove on him, and he can’t catch the puck, giving up many 2nd chance opportunities.  And secondly, his inability to wait out a shooter.  Price is always committing first, before the shooter.  Overplaying the shooter or going down first to his knees is leaving him prone to goals.  If he can remedy these two situations, I think he will definitely get to that next level of tending crease here in montreal.  But Price is the least of the habs problems.  A top 6 winger, the struggling PP, and Hammer and Spacek sucking in all area’s of the game are the main concerns!

40. Mattyleg says:

Attention, I’m guessing.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

41. nick says:

I’m sorry but Price has not been the problem this year.

The ability to put the puck in the other teams net on the other hand…

42. Mattyleg says:

This poster is a robot. Someone mentioned it earlier. It takes random comments from this site and glues them together in a nonsensical fashion.

A real person would know that Price’s time in Hamilton was not only short, but not stellar.

Ignore the voices…

—Hope Springs Eternal—

43. smiler2729 says:

Rut-ro Shaggy, there’s a goaltending controversy brewing in St. Louis. The Conkers vs. the Halakians

44. Slovak says:

“Jaro’s been so fantastic,” Conklin said. “I don’t think there’s been a sharper goalie at the beginning the year. He’s won more tight games than anybody. It’s not like we’re winning games 5-1, we’re winning 2-1 and games like that. I mean, you want to give him a rest, but it’s got to be tough to take him out, the way he’s been playing.”

But with Conklin, the Blues didn’t skip a beat.

“He’s been doing it his whole career,” Blues coach Davis Payne said. “Conks just has an incredible knack to be able to come in and be sharp under those circumstances. It was great to see.”

45. smiler2729 says:

And if Gauthier would have traded Price to Philly or somewhere, you’d be whining about that now…  So what exactly would make you “happy”?

46. Mattyleg says:

Smartdog’s not JT. I met him on Friday. Smartdog, that is.

I disagree that Gomez seemed to be the only one that cared. He didn’t fight for the puck along the boards, and when he did, he lost it. I watched three or four clips that highlighted that. He only skates through the neutral zone, then stops. He needs to do more than just pass the puck (buck) to his wingers. He needs to CREATE OPPORTUNITIES. That doesn’t come from gaining the zone, stopping, and trying to find someone to pass to. It’s easy to defend. Put one player on him, and two others on the other forwards.

He’s gotta play smarter, and no, he was not one of the best players on the ice. He was the worst centre.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

47. Everlasting1 says:

Conklin is another Halak now. Hope that’s the case. This year would be a shoe-in. Might as well polish up and etch ole Stanley now.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

48. Hagar says:

……………………………………………………………………………..You’re not a Gomez fan, are you?

49. Chorske says:

There are few things wrong with the Habs.

Carey Price is NOT one of them.

50. habaddict_andy says:

For the past few days I didn’t come here to read the posts.  I simply came to this site to check for updates on canadiens.  I just don’t like to read those gloom and doom posters telling us “see I told you so”.  But for the past few games, the habs don’t look so good it makes me worry.

This month we will see how this team is made of.  There will be tough teams to play against.  I’m just wondering, what happened to the first line?  Is it because other teams found a way to stop that line?  And is the coaching team panicking too early after just few games by juggling the lines?

It seems that this team’s system got disrupted when Markov came back.  They are simply trying to find a formula that works.  Let’s see in few days how this turns out.

Scott Gomez to Montreal Media “You’re a pain in the neck, but you’re our pain in the neck.”

51. Chorske says:

Come on. Admit it. You’re Jack Todd.

I disagree with Jack Todd because he has no access and spouts the bloody obvious, easy comment- but always a minimum of one week too late. He’s usually a month out of date with his nonsense. Take picking on Gomez. Picking on Gomez this morning- after he was one of the few Habs that seemed to care on Saturday- is STUPID STUPID STUPID.

Gomez was one of the better Habs on the ice. Sure he needs to shoot more. We’ve been saying that for a year. Welcome to the party, Mr. Todd. Sheesh, and only a year late.

52. howtathor says:

I know it’s all good but there has to be a limit for what you can afford. I waited 4 hours in line for Jean Beliveau and he didn’t ask me for a double sawbuck! I donate often to the CH Children’s foundation every time I go to a game not to mention the silent auctions etc. There has to be a line between fandom and altruism.

53. nunacanadien says:

So this is what Montreal wanted, a goalie who looks exciting, but only good enough to win by letting in two goals per game and who hopes the team will score 3 to make him a winner, this is Price.  Not trading players to keep Halak was probably one of Gauthier’s biggest mistakes.  Trusting in Price like Gainey is probably the second biggest one.  Sure the kid looked good in Hamilton but when you throw away your good goalie to keep this one?  And overpay him at that?

54. jimmy shaker says:

AHHHH, with each passing day MAB gets one more step closer to signing.  With the PP still disorganized and basically useless, the remedy is really quite simple.  As for who’s spot would he take?  Take your pick….Hammer or Spacek.  Trade them both, send them to the minors for cap relief, whatever you can do with them, do it!  These two donkey’s are finished with the habs.  They are old, slow and offer no offensive support, and are at the point now where they suck in there own zone too!  And for Marky…..give him 4 more games to clear the cobwebs from his brain and the rust from his legs.  His intensity and compete level are way off as well.  Hopefully he can shake all of that off and return to his former self.

55. Habsrule1 says:

For someone who watched Gomez so closely, not sure how you missed his set-ups to both Gionta & Kostitsyn. If his wingers miss the net, you can’t exactly pin it on him.

I have no specific love for Gomez, but i just don’t get how you miss how he gains the zone better than any other player and constantly feeds his wingers who can’t seem to FINISH. He’s a playmaker. Most scorers would give their first born to play with him.

Where I do agree is that he needs to shoot more and get a little dirty, but his play with the puck is very good.

Go Habs Go!! “Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.” – Sam Pollock

I said something similar yesteray but in less words:

Submitted by HardHabits on Sun, 11/07/2010 – 12:58.

Gomez needs to want more. I can see in his body language a lack of wanting. He has no hunger. He’s drifting. I am not saying he is not putting in an effort. He is. Just not up to his capacity. He’s floating by comparison to what he is capable of.

57. krob1000 says:

anyone having trouble with the cbc kia hockey pool? I can’t get into it

58. CanadienBoy says:

Seem to me,  Gomez lost interest when Gionta got name capt.

59. avatar_58 says:

I just want to see more shots and less back passes. Work on that FIRST, then worry about positioning and work ethic. There is ZERO reason to make a no look pass when you are down a goal or two, it’s dangerous and pointless.

60. Mattyleg says:

Apart from defending Jack Todd, a very good post.

Something I noticed as well was that in the offensive zone, Gomez sits on the boards and takes passes and tries to dish to other players. He doesn’t chase down the puck, and he makes his other linemates do all the skating. Kind of like a quarterback – gets the puck, stops, and watches his players try to get open. That’s not, as you mentioned, the way a centre should be playing.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

61. matraque says:

But the money you paid for the autographs is also donated… So it’s all good.

Canadien en 5!
    Never go Full Retard

The Good news: The Habs are only team to not let in more than 3 goals per game (in regulation time).

The Bad news: The Habs are averaging just over 2 goals per game.

The Ugly news: Jaro’s back-up got a shut-out.

63. JohnBellyful says:

Tempers are becoming somewhat frayed at HIO as our beloved team goes through a rough patch. Fingers are being pointed at certain players – mine too, but sometimes they stay curled up in a fist as I wave it at the television – and the situation will only get worse if we don’t take a timeout to look at things positively. My therapist tells me allowing one’s stream of consciousness to flow freely on occasion can release pent-up anger and frustration and lead to a better outlook on life.

It’s easy. All you have to do is say the first word or two that comes to mind when prompted with the object of one’s ire. If you make the effort and continue long enough with the word association exercise, you’ll end up finding something good to say about a person. Guaranteed.

For instance:

Spacek: slow … old …yeller … dog … man’s best friend … Jesus Christ … Saviour!

Gill: pylon … stationary … engineer … train … railway … CPR … lifesaver … Hero!

Gomez: Alaskan … baked …dessert … calories … energy … crisis … catastrophe … doomed … extinction of species … Cap space!

64. SmartDog says:

I know many of you will disagree with Jack Todd just because… actually, I don’t know why, but you will.  And you think that I bash Gomez for fun. And truth be told, sometimes it IS fun!

But in this case it’s sad. Todd is 100% right about Gomez. At the game Saturday night I was watching the centers to see how they did things differently.  Plekanec is just ALWAYS moving to smart strategic positions where he can defend if he needs but grab an opportunity and some open ice to move forward.  And back-checking?  He rushes back if he has any chance of being in the defensive play however slim.

Halpern also is so smart positionally and you can see that. He also plays big. He seems to take up a lot of ice. He’s very good at protecting the puck and his both defensively and offensively makes smart, excellent passes.  He is the commader of his line – he spends most of his time in the center are of the ice and moves back there when he’s taken out of position.

Gomez of course plays the periphery.  Not only does this create a hole in the center of the playing area but it pulls him out of position for playing defensively.  But worse, when the play shift back, Gomez saunters back. It’s incredible how f-n lazy the guy was on Saturday night.  And then I remembered he’s always talking about how you need to remember the pond hockey you played and the fun you had there.  And I realzied that’s EXACTLY how he plays.  In pond hockey you go where-ever you want, and try to make any sort of flashy little dipsy-doodle play, no matter how slim the chance of pulling it off.  You don’t care about what happens defensively and don’t mind being behind the oppoisition net when the play goes back the other way.  And of course you don’t hurry back.  It’s just for fun, why rush to backcheck?

That’s the game Gomez plays. Now of course he does SOME back-checking and he’s not ALWAYS out of position. But compared to Halpern and Plekanec Gomez is in the wrong position, gives up on the play, sits waiting for the puck on the periphery, back-checks lazily and generally acts more like he’s waiting for someone to give him the puck than that he should do somethign to go get it.

This is not about Gomez’s contract.  It’s about how he’s playing. As much as I wish he was still a Ranger and Bob had never made the foolish trade, he played much better last year.  It’s not surprise to me that Gionta got his second goal the very game he was split from Gomez with how poor his positional play is.  If you are a conscientious winger and playing on his line you’d have trouble not worrying about the play going back the other way and you having to fill in for where your center SHOULD be.  Between that and scrambling to catch low-percentage “nifty” but entirely predictable passes, no wonder he’s only got 3 points and his whole line has suffered.

People have blamed Gionat for Gomez’s failings this year.  I really wanted to see for myself what I thought and being at the game in the summit, watching Gio work his ass off and Gomez float in the corners (as someone said, why not play Gomez on the wing – it’s where he always is anyway), it’s clear why people do so well playing with Plekanec.  And now Halpern.  Because they’re doing well compared to playing with Gomez.  The guy needs to go back to school and learn how to play center.  And shame on Martin for not benching Gomez at ANY point.   If anyone needs a wake-up call on this team, it’s him.

There is ONE thing I’ll say to his credit. Twice on Saturday night he actually skated AT THE NET. Amazing. Skated right towards it and took a shot.  All too rare and at least it shows he’s trying to listen and do things better.  But without re-thinking how much time he spends in low-return ice, and how bad his ten-thousand passes per game are (really Scott, isn’t it about quality?), there’s no way this guy gets out of anyone’s doghouse, let alone Todd’s (or mine).   He doesn’t deserve it – and needs to wake up and change his game.  No matter how much I hate the contract, he CAN play like a 4-5 million dollar guy.  Right now he’s playing like an aging 4th liner.  Which is halfway accurate and the other half could come to pass soon enough.

Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

65. JustSomeguy says:

Montreal seems to have a lot of good pieces, but there’s no real chemistry on the team. Other than Price’s play, nothing much seems to be clicking, and the lack of production from Gomez, Gionta, and Cammie is worrying.

Unfortunately, the usual response to this kind of malaise is to throw bodies in front of the net and get a few garbage goals … but most of our forwards don’t want to go there, while some of them don’t even have the size to effectively screen goalies. The other night, my wife and I were watching another painful PP, and my wife said, “Why the **** don’t they park Gill in front of the net for 2 minutes?” I think there’s some wisdom buried in the frustration.

This isn’t a call to clean house (honestly — Mtl is still third in the conference).

But …

Someone’s gotta light a fire under Gomez. Every time I look at the Habs (sober, at least), he looks like an albatross. Outsized contract (it limits bringing in new talent). Lack of production. Lack of on-ice chemistry with, well, everyone. Disinterested in doing anything but staying on the outside. He looks, more and more, like he’s calling it in, and I’m simply not seeing the upside. The best thing I can say for him is that he seems to be a heckuva guy off-ice, and there’s some value in that.

66. howtathor says:

I don’t want to sound curmudgeonly (I’ll leave that to Jack Todd) but I just wanted to comment on the Canadiens’ Fanfest held yesterday at the Bell Center. I heard about it late, that it was a charity event and I rushed out to Mcdonald’s to get tickets for myself and my daughter. The tickets were $15. each and I figured that was a reasonable donation in exchange for autographs or photos. It was only when I arrived at the Bell Center that I discovered there was an additional fee per person in order to partake in the signings or photo ops. That can get pretty expensive if your with a family. I have to admit, I’m an unabashed autograph hound. I’ve waited outside many a training camp to get my jersey signed. I’ve been to previous ‘fanfests’ which were always free. You waited in line but eventually you were rewarded. I don’t know why it all has be about money. The CH should become the C$!

67. noelsroyce says:

Who are the SEANtors?

68. 123456 says:

I think I just figured out who Captain Hindsight is.

69. G-Man says:

He suggested the “stay on both your skates ” rule to shot blocking- no more diving to block shots.

To me, shot blocking as it is right now is fine. The fact it is a challenge to get a shot on the net is a good thing.

The fact the players are willing to stand there says a lot about how improved the equipment is, too.

70. G-Man says:

8-5-1 is good enough for a playoff spot thus far. I don’t know how long this will continue in the weak east  conference, but so far not so bad.

Canucks are 8-3-2, so they are not that much better on the ice and Habs have only 1 consistent scoring line. Habs could be a lot better, but then every team gets up for playing the Habs.

Another interesting week. Price has been average thus far, which is a step up from last season’s nightmare. Only time will tell if he gets any better this season, but so far so….average.

Gomez will begin to light it up this week- Gionta snapped his slump and goal scorers are streaky.

71. JohnBellyful says:

Just received the HIO website listings for November. Here’s a few of the shows you won’t want to miss (or be able to):

‘Whatever Happened to …?’ – Jaroslav Halak

‘Where Are They Now?’
    Nov. 10 – Jaroslav Halak, Columbus
    Nov. 11 – Jaroslav Halak, Nashville
    Nov. 13 – Jaroslav Halak, Phoenix
    Nov. 15 – Jaroslav Halak, Denver
    Nov. 17 – Jaroslav Halak, Detroit

‘The Amazing Race’
      – Jaroslav Halak and the St. Louis Blues build momentum in their quest to reach the Stanley Cup finish line before all the other competitors.

‘Two and a Half Men’
    – The story behind the Jaroslav Slak trade: the players who went the other way and the GM who pulled the trigger.

‘The Biggest Loser’
     – Montreal fans try to come to grips with departure of Jaroslav Halak while Scott Gomez remains in uniform.

– St. Louis fans react to trade that brings Jaroslav Halak to the Blues.

‘The Price is Right’
    – Game show in which the same player each instalment gives fellow contestants ample chances to win.

72. Mattyleg says:

You fool!! You read his column!! Now you’re going to spend the rest of the day asking yourself stupid questions!

You’ll never get that time back, you know…

—Hope Springs Eternal—

73. avatar_58 says:

Did Todd just suggest they stop shot blocking? Because it penalizes high scoring teams???