Bergeron returns to practice

Marc-André Bergeron practised with the Canadiens this morning for the first time since he injured his knee last month. He said he felt good and was energized by being back with his teammates but his return to the lineup is on hold. He said he won’t dress for the Saturday game in Toronto.

Michael Cammalleri skated on his own after the regular practice and said he hopes to practice with the team next week.

Tomas Plekanec, who was questionable for the Rangers game Tuesday, took a therapy day but will play in Toronto. Defenceman Paul Mara also took the day off.

1. avatar_58 says:

………..wut

2. avatar_58 says:

I’m going to hell but the Mickey one slays me…..

3. topher5468 says:

OK I don’t disagree with you , Im just sayin that JM’s pattern usually will be to try to get Price a game, I bet in Buf on Wed or at home to Fla on thurs. But I agree, if he’e the #1 he should get em all.

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

4. avatar_58 says:

This. No politics, no controversies, no worrying about feelings – just make the goddamned playoffs.

5. HabsFansince49 says:

Hey – you got me going so I had to add:

No Cups:

-           no one had personal computers

-          The Habs won the Cup 10 times since then

-          Green Bay Packers & Kansas City chief played THE FIRST SUPER BOWL!

-          Christian Barnard performed his 2nd successful heart transplant

-          Mickey Mantle hit his 500th home run. Mickey is dead now.

-          The Beatles “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” was released. Only 2 of the Beetles are alive today.

-          Joan Baez was arrested for protesting the Viet Nam war.

6. Say Ash says:

First you’re gonna put in Lapierre instead of Darche and then sit out Halak and his win streak in lieu of Price? Don’t hog the Kool-Aid, buddy

7. habs63 says:

I wish they would play Mara again. Some nights I would rather have in than Georges

8. joeybarrie says:

Your are exactly right. Politics are out. It may not even be Laps who sits. But he will not play over Darche. If so, ridiculous…..  This city is a what have you done in the last 5 games kind of city. Just like when there we calls for Bob’s head for the Pleks contract after everyone said he was a 1 hit wonder… Given that i will wait a bit before I try to run Laps out of the city. His contract is low, but I am not a fan of his production lately. I think we have seen the importance of solid production on the 3rd and 4th lines.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

9. avatar_58 says:

Nope. If we don’t lose then no break. He wants to be #1? Play like it then. Marty doesn’t get days off in crucial situations does he? He gets nights off on ‘easy wins’ during the season. Come playoff run time it’s ALL your #1 or else you are in deep doo (or if your #1 is having issues ala Luongo / Thomas)

So prove you are the man Jaro, take this streak and extend it longer than Stretch Armstrong :D

10. Born in a Bad Year says:

My wife desperately wanted to send me to the Guy thing here in Victoria.  She bought be a signed Guy jersey for Christmas a couple of years back, when he used to be one of my faves, just behind Robinson.

I told her if she did I would be getting a “four fourth lines” t-shirt and making him sign it.

Yes, I am holding a grudge.

11. avatar_58 says:

I love me some Price but I agree. No losses, ride this streak till it’s back breaks.

12. Castor says:

Funny..but they werent at Brossard

13. mark_13 says:

Well lets hope Price doesn’t get another game then I guess!

14. comeonhabs says:

I thought Paul Mara was on a day off permanently??

15. topher5468 says:

Here Here, I totally agree. plus we have 4 games next week so im sure Halak will get a break then

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

16. avatar_58 says:

It’s not that he’s not wanted it’s that you play your best guys when trying to make the playoffs. As of right now Bergeron and Lapierre are NOT our best guys. It’s that simple really. The only change that needs to occur is a space opening for Cammy. That’s it.

17. avatar_58 says:

Hahaha I almost wish that were true – because if were I’d be sporting a “Gomez for captain” t-shirt.

18. RTC says:

Post the link. There is no way that it is a real story.

19. avatar_58 says:

The night off, Halak stays in until we lose – THEN the night off can happen.

20. mark_13 says:

Price is still capable of beating the leafs, you forget Halak played a lot during the olympics

21. joeybarrie says:

Just read the whole thing very entertaining.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

22. mark_13 says:

No to what part?

23. topher5468 says:

That can’t be true, no one on the habs is that unprofessional

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”