Back to practice on eve of Game 6

Canadiens’ Travis Moen dislodges the net of Capitals’ Semyon Varlamov with a high-speed crash Friday in Game 5.
Jim McIsaac, Getty Images

A tough job, but Moen’s gotta do it: Stubbs
Power outage jolts Capitals: Hickey

The Canadiens return to practice this morning in Brossard to prepare for Monday’s Game 6 against the Washington Capitals.

The Habs we spoke with Saturday – Travis Moen, Hal Gill and Dominic Moore – all echoed a familiar refrain: Friday’s 2-1 Game 5 win in Washington will mean nothing unless they follow up with a victory Monday at home.

Pat Hickey will be at practice late this morning (it begins at 11:30 a.m., for those planning to attend) and will provide updates later today.

The Capitals practice this morning in Arlington, Va., then charter into Montreal later in the day.

1. Bob Barker says:

A situation that was remedied by acquiring Pouliot, who is basically Lats with skating ability and more potential.

But I agree about SK74, I don’t understand what the problem is. I’ve found SK74 plays has played very well on the third line.

2. Jbird says:

Depends on what draft picks you are talking about.   And Price had a Cigarette. .  . . So?  Get over it.

3. Danno says:

I can’t say Bill, because that would jinx it.

All I can say is Halak will do VERY well.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

4. HabFanSince72 says:

Torontohabfan and Seriousfan are both right.

JM’s biggest failing has to be Latendresse. He disliked him from day one.

But in Montreal every game is a playoff game, even in October. Not a good situation for the youngsters.

5. SeriousFan09 says:

They’re right you know, we should only buy our jerseys from NHL-approved sweatshop labour.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

6. Bill H says:

I like this scenario Danno.  I hope you are right.  But hey, your prediction is nothing without the score on Monday night.  So what will it be?  5-2?  ;-)

7. derfab says:

All good points. my problem is that Price will not want to sign a reasonable deal and become poison. If he doesn’t play enough next year his value will not increase and we will end up dumping him somewhere for less than a frenchie and 2 picks.

8. SeriousFan09 says:

My primary issue with JM?

What players 25 or under aside from OB and Halak would any of us say have really improved this year? For a coach who came in with a reputation for working with young players, it certainly hasn’t worked out that way here. Most have stayed the same or regressed, SK his favourite whipping boy only plays two-way forward now because of Boucher’s influence in Hamilton.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

9. Storm Man says:

I would not want to take your job. Don’t you have a class to get ready for?

10. Chuck says:

I haven’t seen it on any of the other team websites, so I think that it’s a Montreal initiative.

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

11. Danno says:

From the site:

Buying a counterfeit jersey may support unlawful labour conditions and organized crime.

It should add:

Buying an official NHL jersey may support unlawful officials criminally organized to fix games.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”