Back to business

The Canadiens travel to Washington today and play the first of their final 32 regular-season games against the Capitals tomorrow night.

• Pat Hickey’s Five keys to playoff hopes

• Dave Stubbs on Glenn Hall’s amazing streak

• Jack Todd on Mathieu Darche

• Richard Labbé on P.K.’s apprenticeship

• Mathias Brunet on puck possession

1. SmartDog says:

Hey Cat, what do you make of all this Quebec buzz?  I’m sure you’re following it more closely than me…. is there something there?

“It bothers me…there are old coaches in the league today that don’t know how to deal with these young personalities.” – Mike Peca on JM handling of PKS

2. avatar_58 says:

Maybe if they, you know, DEVELOPED their players instead of shipping them off for peanuts they wouldn’t need the Gomers of the world? How’s Grabovski doing?

3. Storm Man says:

I hear alot of cell phone’s were a buzzing after Bettman’s news conference :) so maybe the St. Lawrence has a few phones on the bottom of it now.

” Not everyone can afford a brilliant stock advisor like storm”. TripleX 01/25/2011.20:16

4. The Cat says:

Well I dont know more than the next cat. I think there is something there hopefully, Bettman has to protect the value of the troubled franchises, so thats why he says what he says. And since the latest US foray hasnt been succesful, one can assume Kansas or Vegas would be too risky or stupid. But who the hell knows.

5. habs03 says:

I’m far from a Gomez support, I even think his passing skills are overrated, what I realised since the Gomez trade is that even decent center in NHL is signed long term, look at the FA market these past years, its dry, and look ahead a few more years, its even worst, this year, its almost by luck that Brad Richards gets to FA this year, he would be resigned if not for ownership issue in Dallas. The Rangers, Kings, Leafs, Flames.. are need a top 2 center, lets say Brad Richards resigns with Dallas, what are those teams going to do, sign Tim Connolly, trade for Savard, or Lec, the issue with Gomez is if you get rid of him, who replaces him? And to respond to a poster below about Grab with the Leafs, its much easier to devlope with a team that sucks, and plus he isn’t much of a team player!

6. SmartDog says:

Yeah, it’s weird.

I can’t figure why.  I mean, he’s on pace for 10 goals.  Give our 8-million-dollar man a break

They are talking heavy snow and big wind starting Tues. night and all day Wed. I better go and get some grub in and fuel up the cars. At least there is a game to hunker down to watch.

They still do not know what snow is about around here, unlike the 4 feet. at a time in Moncton.

8. SmartDog says:

Nothing new there.

As usual – he’s Jacky-come-lately.

—-

9. blu3chip says:

There is an obsession in ripping on Gomez, at least here in HI/O.

I very very rarely see any significant support for Gomez here.

HI/O has some frequent posters who have some pretty sad pessimistic/whining attitude, and Gomez is one of the players who get ripped on constantly.

10. SmartDog says:

20 goals, 37 points

But he’s a pain in the ass right?  So why would we want him instead of Gomez?  I mean, Gomez works harder… no, wait, that’s not true…. Gomez is a real team-first guy who everyone loves… no, wait, that’s not true.  I know!  Gomez is a fnny (weird) interview.  Yeah, that’s it. Who wants Grabovski and all his foreign-language speaking stuff.

—-

11. HabFanSince72 says:

In fairness though, Grabbo is doing well on a ship-wreck of a team that lets in goals by the truckload. We’ve all seen players get decent scoring on those kinds of teams.

Would Grabbo be able to play as well for a team fighting for the playoffs, where he would have to be defensively accountable?

Gomez is a great game controller. His speed and puck possession is so intimidating, he opens up the ice for the rest of the players on the ice. Just wait until the play offs, he is a great money player.

13. Mattyleg says:

In 80% of the teams in the league, Grabovski wouldn’t crack the top six.
    He’s only got points because the Laffs have NO-ONE ELSE.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

14. RiverviewCanadien says:

You said it Ian. Moncton has been hit hard this year. I don’t remember a winter where so many roofs have had to be shoveled off (did my parents’ over the weekend).

I remember that storm that dumped over 4ft at once…that was insane. It snowed for something like 3 days straight!

15. Mark C says:

Hasn’t always been the case the past two seasons. Washington, San Jose, Los Angles, Chicago, Nashville were the top 5 last year, only Chicago did anything in the playoffs, Philly fished 20th, worst among playoff teams.

In 2008-09 the top 5 were Detroit, Boston, New Jersey, San Jose, Chicago, Pittsburgh finished 10th.

Overall doesn’t seem to be much of a link, outside of the fact that good teams have good records, and to have a good record a team has to win a lot on the road.

16. fbkj says:

yes because gomez has always been about the goals

look i agree hes overpaid but there are FAIR ways to criticize

17. SmartDog says:

I agree he’s great at controlling the play… until he crosses the blue line and loses the puck and it comes back while he saunters to center ice.  He’s at the bottom of our +/- for a reason.

—–

18. fbkj says:

its amazing that some “fans” want us to be as tolerant for douchebags as toronto is…

19. Mark C says:

Grabovski? C’mon he skipped a team flight because of his playing less than 30 games into his pro career. Do you really think Montreal should have kept a player like that?

20. _Habsoloutly_ says:

I was in Nova Scotia for white Juan, that was insane.

21. Psycho29 says:

I’ll take a Gomez over a cancer like Grabby or Ribiero anytime.

22. avatar_58 says:

Funny, they were pretty tolerant of Sergei. What’s the difference?

23. fun police says:

count me among those who likes gomez.  he’s good for our team.  he always plays well in big games, and as ian mentions, his speed opens the ice up.  his salary is what his salary is.

24. avatar_58 says:

I just don’t see the point in complaining about him since he’s stuck here. He’s not going to be traded or demoted

25. SmartDog says:

Maybe he means a threat to take a bad penalty.  A threat to skate away laughing?  Back-pass to no-one?  Hug the boards and leave the middle open?

—-

26. TomNickle says:

You think we’re too small, everyone knows that.  Using a 16 goal scoring total in a complete evaluation of one player shows your true colours.

27. The Cat says:

I meant wins in regulation, Philly was much above 20th, like tied for 6th. Im sorry I meant coupled with 5on5 goal differential .Of course it aint written in stone, things happen, like Boston blowing a 3-0 lead with the help of injuries, and well this is a PP league now. One cant break down a game like before, the whims of a ref play too great a part now.

28. TomNickle says:

Actually, last season it was, “if he plays like this in the playoffs I’ll be happy with that contract”.  I saw a lot of that, I also saw a lot of “his intangibles are worth it”.

And when we lost in the playoffs it was his fault.  Didn’t matter that Moen was his left winger, didn’t matter that he was driving our secondary offense at a very high rate.  Didn’t matter that he was the only player on our team who actually realized the team had a shot against Philadelphia.  I guess you can just put me in the group that realizes every team has a few overpaid players and that the trade that brought him in was a necessity at the time and desperate times call for desperate measures.  All in all, we gave up McDonagh, Higgins and Valentenko for him and Pyatt, that’s not exactly a homerun for the Rangers and we haven’t been handcuffed in terms of signing free agents.

I know that if I were going to the Stanley Cup Finals tomorrow I wouldn’t mind having him on my team.

29. SmartDog says:

“who will simply use Gomez to heighten their profile on HI/O.”

Man, I hope you’re not talking about me.  I get ripped more for talking about Gomez than anything. You think I want that?   I sureWISH I could forget him but I just can’t stand his his lousy blind passes and his smarmy “so what if I suck” attitude. It’s like trying to forget your foot’s in a cast.  It’s just there, you gotta deal, but no use pretending it’s not. It just sucks.

—-

30. fbkj says:

how is it not an excuse the leafs havent done anything to adress their situation in regards to icing forwards

31. nunacanadien says:

I thought Gomez had his moments last year during the playoffs, in fact it was true what Gauthier and Gainey said, they really did sign Gomez, Gionta and Gill because of their playoff experience and it showed.  But having said that, during the year Gomez struggles because of his size, or more like he is pacing himself.  Oh wait, we used to hate the other guy who was famous for pacing himself, L’Artiste.

32. punkster says:

And now he’s…where?

***Subbang!!!***

33. TomNickle says:

The only guy backchecking hard is the high man in the offensive zone, that man is usually somebody with an elite shot or rather a player that is a threat to score from the high slot.  Gomez is rarely a threat to score from the high slot and more often is on the walls or down low as a give and go option.  His role offensively dictates that he and the other player down low with him(usually Pacioretty) don’t backcheck their tails off so that they keep containment on their respective defensemen coming back into our zone.

This is why Pleks and Andrei Kostitsyn are often backchecking hard, because they’re in the high slot in the offensive zone more often than not.

The reason he’s at the bottom of our plus/minus is that he and Brian Gionta didn’t start putting the puck in the net until the 30 game mark.

34. punkster says:

There’s a small element on here who will simply use Gomez to heighten their profile on HI/O. Of course when he comes through that crowd will immediately say “Hey, it was always about the contract not the player”.

***Subbang!!!***

35. nunacanadien says:

Gomez is worth it come playoff time, then we forget his large salary as he shows us true leadership and grit, like Gill, like Gionta, like Cammy and now with the Wiz and other recent acquisitions, if we make the playoffs it should be exciting.  The playoffs are worth it though.  Gomez will be forgiven if we make it into the playoffs I am sure.

36. nunacanadien says:

Gomez is not a goal scorer, he is good at getting assists but of late those are far and few between, but does he make plays?  The problem is they have him on with other small guys so it is pathetic to watch not only Gomez but Gionta get pushed off the puck.  So really these small guys like Gomez and Gionta however are often in the face of the opposition, so they in a way encourage the youth on the team to step up the plate.  So in a way, it is debatable whether he is worth that much, but as far as making for an exciting game, at least Gomez can do that, but hey, we still love it when he scores or gets an assist or when we win, but we love him more during the playoffs even though we gripe about his pathetic scoring.

37. fbkj says:

youll have to pardon me for not understanding your tone or much of what you wrote

Gomez is the new Tank.

39. SmartDog says:

Man, that’s ancient history.  Lotsa guys make mistakes. Chelios got run out of Montreal for paryting.  The habs aren’t served well by this purity BS.  And neither are the fans.

—-

40. punkster says:

You see what you want to see man.

***Subbang!!!***

41. nunacanadien says:

Geeze the Habs and the NHL and especially Gary Bettman, should take advantage of this wonderful marketing opportunity, Gomez, the million dollar a goal man!  Oh yes, come and watch Pierre Gauthier (who can’t sign the big name players cause he used up all the money on Gomez) give the small mexican a million dollars per score.  Of course you’d have to go to each game to watch each million dollar goal though.

42. TomNickle says:

You think he doesn’t care?  Let me tell you something.  That player went through a scoring slump early in the year, he scored an important goal late in a game and didn’t even put his stick in the air.  Didn’t celebrate.  You know why?  Because he’s pissed with himself, THAT’S WHY.  And that’s not the action of a player who doesn’t care.  A guy who is 5’11 on a great day fighting to defend his teammates is the action of a guy who cares even though he doesn’t get paid to fight.

You’re totally off base on that assessment and it speaks to your hatred for that player much more than your evaluation speaks of him.

If you want to use point totals, go ahead, turnovers, plus/minus, go nuts.  But don’t you dare say he doesn’t care, that’s bs and you know it.

43. nunacanadien says:

But I think we all forget that we have a hard time bringing talent to Monttreal, and especially players like Gomez who really do try his best and he plays his heart out like Koivu did.  Let us not forget that.

44. TomNickle says:

What big name players, Hossa?  Kovalchuk?

Is this where you start fabricating things like you did last year when you said Gionta turns the puck over too much?  He of the one turnover for every three games he plays.

45. avatar_58 says:

Interview qualities over production?

46. fbkj says:

chelios was not run out of town for partying

he was boinking corey’s wife

47. Mark C says:

The reason his +/- is low is solely due to the lack of ES scoring during his time on the ice. Pleks has played six and a half more minutes of ES ice than Gomez. Gomez has been on the ice for 3 more ES goals allowed, however Pleks has been on the ice for 16 more EV goals for.

Some of the lack of scoring is on Gomez, but playing a lot with Moen and a super cold SH% from Gionta has hurt Gomez’s lines ability to score goals this season. Defense has very little to do with Gomez’s +/-, it’s all about his line’s lack of ES goals.

48. TomNickle says:

If you compare every Hab players’ work ethic to Koivu every player you evaluate not named Gionta will fall short of your expectations.  Keep trying though.

I.D. 10-T.

No. No. No. You don’t get it. Gomez earns 8 million dollars and has 6 goals and 20 assists in 48 games.

That’s $1.33 million per goal. Assists don’t count. We could’ve had Kovalchuck who comes in at $428,571.43 per goal. Forget that KovyII earns 11.3 million in 13/14 and Gomez earns 4.5 in the same year. It’s not about intangibles. Gomez’ cap hit is the one thing that is stopping the Habs from winning the Cup. Can’t you see? Are you so blind? Maybe you should ask SD for a pair of those glasses that let’s him see so clearly.

51. TomNickle says:

So he’s out of line questioning your motives for hating Gomez but you aren’t when questioning Gomez’s commitment to the Habs.  That’s pretty funny.

52. Propwash says:

I should change my sig to “Gomez in Montreal has two roles, forward and scapegoat.”

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

53. HabsFanInTampa says:

your bigotry and racial tones are immature and shows your lack of a real education or intelligence. Scott Gomez is an American from Alaska.

54. TomNickle says:

That’s fair.  But I don’t think it takes a lot of brain power to make a fair argument that Gomez is overpaid.  Going to lengths to say he doesn’t care, isn’t committed to the team or is a problem in the room is just plain ridiculous.  It demonstrates a desire to focus on something other than point totals and other statistics or as I referred to above, a lack of brain power to make a quality argument against having him from those who chose to go in that direction.

that was the headline as I remember it

56. mike g says:

Like usual, you guys can all bash Gomez all you want…

But what some people will realize, it’s that when it’s time to be a man and take blame for certain things, he does it. He did it when he took dumb penalties. He was critical of himself when his point production was down. He acts on and off the ice like you want a pro to act.

Compare him to everyone’s favorite “hero” in Mike Cammy, and you can’t say the same. Has Cammy ever once come out and said that he had a terrible blame, takes responsability for playing lazy or taking a selfish penalty, or any stuff like that?

Nope. Not once.

Everyone remembers the game vs EDM this year, when PK made him a bad pass that led to Penner’s breakaway winner in OT. But Cammy made no effort to get that pass or backcheck. And he also made sure he didn’t take the slightest responsability for the mistakes that led to the goal. The same can be said for HIS lack of production. He’s paid BIG money to score goals and he’s not doing it, so atleast be man enough to admitt you’re not delivering the goods.

And that’s the difference between everyones beloved Cammy and Gomez the whipping boy.

In the end they’ll end up with the same amount of points. So the only measure to compare them to eachother will be their pro contributions to this team. Now nobody here knows what goes on in the room, but I think it’s safe to say Gomez wins bigtime in that department.

Scott takes blame and heat when it’s deserved, and stands up for his teammates even when they push guys like Chara after a goal. I personally can’t say the same about Cammy….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

57. habs03 says:

We’re going to have about 30M to spend this offseason, to remake our defense and add one or two top 6 forwards, didn’t think he had that much room, hope we spend it wisely.

58. TomNickle says:

We don’t have a lot of room.  What we have is closer to $25 million.  That $25 million only pays for Plekanec, Gomez, Gionta, Cammalleri, Subban, Spacek, Eller, Moen and Price.

That leaves 11-14 roster spots unfilled.  You can assume that Pacioretty will get a modest extension, that one of Pouliot or Kostitsyn will be kept and account for around $4 million between Pacioretty and the winner of that Kostitsyn and Pouliot duel.  Now you’re down to $21 million with 12 roster spots to be filled.  Say $1 million for a backup goalie again.  $20 million with 11 roster spots open.  Gorges will get extended, probably for $3 million.  Now you’re down to $17 million with 10 spots open.  3 of those spots will be cheap deals, around $800,000 each.  Take away $2.5 million and fill three roster spots with guys like White, Weber and Picard.  So now you’ve got $14 million and 7 spots to fill.

Not nearly the amount of cash you think.  Especially considering that Subban and Price will need extensions the following off-season and that only Moen and Spacek come off the books that same off-season.

59. CrashTheNetCrashTheNet says:

I’M saying Gomez should get whipped, as should Cammalleri – who should, in fact, be whipped harder.

As for Captaincy, I don’t think Gionta is a terrible choice but Pleks just feels like he’s more Heart’n'Soul for this team.

“When I was a baby I wish my first word had been “QUOTE”, then right before I die I could say “UNQUOTE” – Stephen Wright

60. TomNickle says:

I’d really like to see some of the people who question whether or not Gomez cares tell him their thoughts face to face.

61. TomNickle says:

Mike isn’t saying Gomez should be whipped.  And they made the right choice for the captaincy.  Plekanec will have his shot at it in all likelihood, but nobody gives a more consistent effort than Gionta, and nobody is more professional, he was the perfect choice.

62. CrashTheNetCrashTheNet says:

Better than a Benoit Brunet article on re-hab!

63. Lazarus_taxa says:

They come free with the purchase of self-victimization and a poop scoop……

64. TomNickle says:

Cammalleri hasn’t played like he cares.  I’m not saying he doesn’t, but he hasn’t played like it.  He fought Krejci, but that’s all I’ve seen out of him to indicate he cares.  He doesn’t hustle, doesn’t try to beat out icings, doesn’t do anything without the puck that would lead you to believe he’s interested in doing anything other than score goals.

But we didn’t give up Higgins for him.  Maybe that’s more of a sticking point than I’ve been noticing.

65. CrashTheNetCrashTheNet says:

Agree 100% – they both should be whipped.

Also – Pleks should have the “C”.

66. SmartDog says:

Any

—-

67. HabFanSince72 says:

Which of these number one centres would you not take in exchange for Gomez (ignoring the salary)?

Tampa – Stamkos

Edm – Sam Gagner

Atl – Peverley or Little

NJ – Zajac

NSH – Colin Wilson

PHX – Martin Hanzal

68. CrashTheNetCrashTheNet says:

Funny, at the moment I would say his attitude has been his saving grace!

But seriously, Gomer has started to put up decent points as of late and will most likely be a positive factor here on in BUT the “slow starts” really drive peoples nuts and with good reason. It’s been said that you don’t win the Cup October but its all been said that you lose the Cup in October.

69. TomNickle says:

No, because when Gionta isn’t scoring it isn’t for a lack of effort, can you seriously say that Gionta wasn’t giving his best effort at any point this season?  When Pleks slumps, he becomes disengaged.

70. TomNickle says:

My point wasn’t a reference to etiquette, it was that anyone who bothered to do so would find out in a hurry just how much he does care.  Very likely by way of tongue lashing.

71. CrashTheNetCrashTheNet says:

You mean like the month to six weeks the CAPTAIN started the season with?

72. TomNickle says:

You hit the nail on the head with your last comment.  I would wager that three quarters of Hab fans would love Gomez at $3-$4 million.  There comes a time when you have to acknowledge that there isn’t a team in the league without a few overpaid players.  There is a large misconception out there that his contract stops us from doing things we’d want to do.  Like signing Kovalchuk or Hossa.

73. HabFanSince72 says:

That’s just silly.

It’s like if you said to me “I’d like to see you tell Zdeno Chara to his face that he’s a big hairy ape who smells like poo.”

Of course I would never say that to his face, but he still is one.

Back to business

The Canadiens are finally back in action against Pittsburgh, which is fresh of an 8-1 spanking of Tampa Bay.

No word on when Josh Gorges may be back, but we could be talking weeks.

Roman Hamrlik missed practice again yesterday and is a question mark tonight.

Canadiens getting chances but can’t finish

• Pierre Durocher on the team’s anemic attack

• François Gagnon: MAB or Wiz?

Team has to get rolling

• Bertrand Raymond on Pierre Turgeon’s tragic loss

• SK74 scores, Max loses (and is minus-3) in Ducks debut

And a Steven Stamkos spinerama that didn’t work as well as it did against Carey Price

sB39xbqBAPY

1. xiaoqinssddd says:

( http://yvy.me/QmpOAO )

We can supply series of Sport Jersey.

The detail is as follow.:

Product features:

Heavyweight Mesh Body

Printed Name Plate

Dazzle Side Slits

Drop Tail

Authentic Embroidered NFL Equipment Logo on Neck

Screen Print Numbers on Front, Back & Sleeves or Shoulders

100% Nylon

Sell Details: http://yvy.me/QmpOAO

2. habsfaninboston says:

test

3. HabsPEI31 says:

Yeesh. Every time Bugs feels slightly attacked, or slighted, he resorts to name-calling and asking for references.

Juvenile approach.

“Only a goalie can appreciate what a goalie goes through.” – Jacques Plante

4. twocents says:

We certainly could use O’Byrne right now.

As far as SK goes though, I still don’t think he was capable of turning things around here and that started before the arrival of Martin. And believe you me, I loved SK when he first got here and defended him through the next season too. But, too much nonsense went on with him. He has apparently learned some lessons. I am sure moving and hearing similar criticisms there helped him look in the mirror and stop blaming others.

5. Bill J says:

Your sarcasm was needless because a positive post here and there is allowed.

You are not the “positive police” around here, judging who is allowed to post something positive or not.

Get over yourself.

6. punkster says:

Strange isn’t it that when you remove the +/- stats from this list they all turn out to be roughly equal (with Cammy being the top point producer). It then becomes a question of price. Is price the determining factor of a player’s value to the team?

***Subbang!!!***

7. newbrunswick troy says:

well on  a lighter note …i think American Idol starts next week …you,ll be happy to hear

8. Omit says:

Life is a bitch!

Agreed.  We don’t have any more picks to trade, so it probably would cost us Weber or Kristo.

I’d rather ride it out with what we have.

10. twocents says:

Ouch.

(btw, you can’t whisper type, though there’s an idea whose time has come)

11. Bugs says:

If the sarcasm was needless, Mr.B, then it stands to reason the original point was needless too.

“We should take shots and be effective and the goalie has to be good.” Positive, yes. So consider that, mirroring that point, my sarcasm was positive too.

Let’s DO it! That’s what I said, no? Positive.

Happy New Year, signed

L. Bugs Potter, esq., Herzog of ze Abominable Habsuchtig Brigade, Markgraf of ze Fearsome Flanell Flausen Flank, und devoted minion of ze Habsbros Order: http://habsbros.blogspot.com

12. krob1000 says:

worse…far worse….I should have used the Picard option in retrospect but the “Hamrlik out” reminded me of the guy who who hosts ….can you whisper type?…..American Idol….

13. mjames says:

After seeing reference to SK74′s and Lap’s performance above , I thought I would check to see how some of the former Habs are doing relative to those current Habs who replaced them. Since Gomez was our most notable acquisition and the one apparently responsible for getting Gionta and Cammy to sign with us, I decided to focus on Gomez’s numbers as a core metric.  Oh yes I forgot Gomez , Cammy and Gionta are owed $25.5mm, 25mm and 20mm respectively. I suppose we should be thankful that the Gomez acquisition enabled Bob to negotiate a “hometown” discount for Cammy and Gionta. I know Cammy and Gionta would have never signed for the amount we offered them. These two players had several offers significantly more than what we offered. I can’t prove this but “in the know” fans have said so on this cite. Anyhow below is a summary of how Gomez is performing. As we can all see the Gomez acquisition was a colossal failure. Koivu would have been no worse  than Gomez. Despite  the big bucks Cammy and Gionta are being paid they are average role players.  The bottom line this does not look like money well spent. Oh one last thing. I know everyone wants AK46 traded for a bag of pucks but he is one of our better players and the only one with some size. Could you please explain to me why we want to trade him for someone less skilled and smaller?  Speaking of less skilled SK74 is not doing too badly. I think we got a bag of pucks for him. Nice job PG.  In summary the management of the Habs over the past 15 years have been abject failures. We are not going to win with this team as presently configured. I do not see that changing over the next five years. Our destiny is one of mediocrity . If the fans stopped endorsing management’s performance  through their undying support then the Molson’s might get the message and do something different.  I look at Tampa. They won the cup a few years ago,rebuilt and now are on the upswing. I expect Tampa Bay will win the cup before the Habs do again.  I know the response to this post from the real fans will be for me to stop watching the Habs and find another team such as TB.  To those real fans I say , I chose not to. I will continue to comment on what I think is a disgrace. After 15 years of poor drafting why don’t we get some people who can draft and develop players. Why can’t we get a Yerzman and Boucher team to rebuild this franchise.

G                         A                +/-

Gomez            5                        16                -7

SK74               9                         10                +1

Koivu              11                         11                -5

Gionta             14                           9                -1

Cammy           12                           16               +6

AK46               10                           13                +9

mjames

14. Bugs says:

Is that what sarcasm is a veil for? Huh. Are there reference books that corroborate this or is it simply your personal assessment, Dr Inebriate?

Happy New Year, signed

15. HabFanSince72 says:

Ryan O’Byrne leads the AvalanchE in +/- (+10) and is second in time on ice.

Could use him.

(Sergei Kostitsyn is 3rd in goals for Nashville, 4th in points, for those who are wondering)

16. newbrunswick troy says:

In past comments i,ve said that Decembre would be a telling story for the Habs (cup contender or playoff bubble team)  well as i feared i guess they are a Bubble team…..Now for January these next 10 games will tell the most important story…..Is managements direction the right one or does this team need to rethink its system ( defence first and only style )

My fear is that by February …the team will start its rethinking