Avtsin signs three-year deal with Habs

The Canadiens have signed Russian prospect Alexander Avtsin to a three-year contract.

The 19-year-old played in 30 games with the KHL’s Moscow Dynamo last season and scored three goals and added six assists. The 6-foot-2, 188-pound right winger was selected 109th overall in the 2009 NHL entry draft by the Canadiens.

The team’s release:

Montreal Canadiens general manager Pierre Gauthier announced today the signing
of forward Alexander Avtsin to a three-year contract (2010-11 to 2012-13). As per club policy, financial terms of
the agreement were not disclosed.
Avtsin, 19, played 30 games in 2009-10 with the KHL’s Moscow Dynamo. The 6’2’’, 188 lbs right winger
registered 9 points (3 goals, 6 assists), with 10 penalty minutes.
In 2008-09, Avtsin recorded 110 points (56 goals, 54 assists) in 76 regular season games with the Moscow
Dynamo-2 (Russia-3), while also serving 130 penalty minutes.
A native of Moscow, Avtsin was selected in the fourth round, 109th overall by the Canadiens at the 2009 NHL
Entry Draft.
Avtsin participated in the Canadiens’ development camp in July 2009 and this past camp in July 2010.

1. Bill J says:

Perhaps the person posing as PG should just post as themselves then ?

These multiple accounts are getting out of hand.

2. Nina76 says:

Yes INdeed Markov is one of our best players………….Hope to see him soon……GO HABS GO!!!!!!!

3. 4loorplay says:

he also has the stuff to crack his wrist yet again……hes young with promise….how many times have we heard that one…….

4. HabFab says:

Agree however think he will be gone sooner if he doesn’t have a great camp. See  a prospect for prospect thing. We are weak in depth defensemen for this year so far.

5. shaver18habs says:

lol is that even possible if you have ever watched a game of hockey?  just sayin

6. G-Man says:

First, you did this for Timo…. :)

7. TomNickle says:

No Spacek didn’t lead the league in turnovers.  Hamrlik led our team with 86 giveaways though.

Might want to look up the stat before you try correcting somebody.

8. Mattyleg says:

I know what satire means.

What else ‘seems’ to be above my head? Never mind.

I just get a bit tired of silly things like personal grudges or personality cults getting into forums.

If you’re being satirical, go for it. I just want to talk hockey.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

9. Radio Free Timo 2 says:

It’s called satire. If you don’t know what that means look it up. Everything else seems to be above your head.

10. Danno says:

First, they came for Pierre Gauthier,

And I did not speak out because I was not Pierre Gauthier.

Then, they came for Geoff Molson,

And I did not speak out because I was not Geoff Molson.

Then they came for Gary Bettman,

And I did not speak out because I was not Gary Bettman.

Then they came for me —

And there was no one left to speak for me.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”