Avtsin signs three-year deal with Habs

The Canadiens have signed Russian prospect Alexander Avtsin to a three-year contract.

The 19-year-old played in 30 games with the KHL’s Moscow Dynamo last season and scored three goals and added six assists. The 6-foot-2, 188-pound right winger was selected 109th overall in the 2009 NHL entry draft by the Canadiens.

The team’s release:

Montreal Canadiens general manager Pierre Gauthier announced today the signing
of forward Alexander Avtsin to a three-year contract (2010-11 to 2012-13). As per club policy, financial terms of
the agreement were not disclosed.
Avtsin, 19, played 30 games in 2009-10 with the KHL’s Moscow Dynamo. The 6’2’’, 188 lbs right winger
registered 9 points (3 goals, 6 assists), with 10 penalty minutes.
In 2008-09, Avtsin recorded 110 points (56 goals, 54 assists) in 76 regular season games with the Moscow
Dynamo-2 (Russia-3), while also serving 130 penalty minutes.
A native of Moscow, Avtsin was selected in the fourth round, 109th overall by the Canadiens at the 2009 NHL
Entry Draft.
Avtsin participated in the Canadiens’ development camp in July 2009 and this past camp in July 2010.

1. andrewberkshire says:

Are you saying 1/30 2nd rounders pans out for this org? That’s quite a bit of hyperbole.

2. ZepFan2 says:

Right at what exactly? Taking stabs in the dark? What’s that saying again…”Predictions are for gypsies.” ;)

Yup, you proved beyond doubt how “right” you are with the Streit and Souray comments.

See, I was right. Something for the litter box!

Keep ‘em coming, kitty-cat.

————————————————————————

- Steven Tyler (Aerosmith’s lead singer)

3. andrewberkshire says:

Too bad for his arthritic hips too. Although it wasn’t injuries that did him in, it was Lou Lamoreillo. I was so shocked when he sent Mogilny to the minors after scoring 25 points in 34 games, a 60 point pace! Truly classless move to cover up his own cap mismanagement.

4. Bob Barker says:

Hopefully he develops into a legit top-six sniper. Looks like he has the tools.

5. andrewberkshire says:

Your birthday just got updated BIG time hahaha!

6. andrewberkshire says:

Have you ever cornered an angry cat? I’ll tell you one thing, they definitely do NOT run away.

7. Exit716 says:

Correction. For every Subban there are 30 or 40 Corey Urquharts, Kyle Chipchuras and David Fischers.

8. mike g says:

Alright so I went on another Youtube roadtrip..

Was watching a 15 second video and ended up being on the site for 45 minutes. But I did find something for all you guys while I was gone. Always gotta treat your friends to a little gift when you come back from a trip, you know…

So far, it’s the best montage I’ve seen. Got the chills a few times. And reminded myself why I had a man-crush on Cammy for 2 months..

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

9. The Cat says:

You do know Ovechkin and Markov are best buds, dont you?

10. The Cat says:

I didnt say I was never wrong, I said I was more right than you were, and really I dont think even you can dispute that lol

11. The Cat says:

I dont shy away, I cant always be at HIO, if I dont get to you, feel free to remind me next time you see me. And sometimes I may have answered to someone else, so I dont repeat myself.