Love him or hate him, you gotta love Sean Avery’s honesty.
William Houston in the Globe and Mail reports Avery, on CBC’s The Hour, offered a candid assessment of Don Cherry:
“He’s a staple as far as Canadian hockey goes,” Avery said. “And I grew up watching Coach’s Corner, and he serves a purpose.
“But he really does not know shit about hockey.
“He knows, like, unnecessary facts about putting Sears catalogues on your shin pads.”
“He says a lot of things,” continued Avery. “He calls people by their wrong names. And it’s just, like, enough of this guy.”
• When the Canadiens are in, school’s out. Dave Stubbs reports from St. Jovite.
• Georges Laraque on his recovery from an injury he won’t discuss.
• NHL tough guys laud Laraque.
• Marc De Foy of the Journal de Montréal on the battle for fourth-line spots.
• Mathias Brunet of La Presse on Jacques Lemaire and the Minnesota Wild, who are at the Bell Centre tomorrow.
• Could this be The Year?