Auld to get first home start

Alex Auld will start in goal tonight. It will be his first appearance this season at the Bell Centre.

1. Muckbringer says:

ive never been to le belle centre (been to the forum)  do they give anything out ever?

2. Muckbringer says:

why, did he steal a log?

3. HNS says:

…….and Plenty of time for the Booins to choke. They’re so good at it.

4. deuce6 says:

As much as it chokes to say this, but BOS winning helps…It buries the Canes deeper…We have plenty of time to catch the Bruins..We are in the same division, so we play them a lot more frequently..

——————

Yes, I’m a Hab fan..Wanna fight about it?

5. jennifer1984 says:

7-0…..oh buddy

6. jennifer1984 says:

not just pizza but BEER too!!

also 7-0 now… wth!??!

7. Mark C says:

Let’s hope so, finishing 3rd would really help as far as playoff match ups go.

8. Mark C says:

For the love of free pizza! Go habs go! I used to have a bet with my friend (big B’s fan) based on which team had the best head-to-head record. I wonder why we don’t do that bet anymore…

9. Hagar says:

We gotta hang in there. They’ll hit a major losing patch eventually. We’ve already had ours.

10. Storm Man says:

Locke is going back to the AHL glad we did not think he was a star.

“I have never failed at anything in my life so far… TripleX 12/23/2010 16:34pm”

11. jennifer1984 says:

im not enjoying this.

plus the only real bet i have of the season is that montreal beats boston. bet is with my hometown Boston Pizza owner…..my dad’s in on it too.

12. Mark C says:

Wishful thinking on our parts Jen, Boston just put this one away.

13. Mark C says:

5-0 Boston, just scored 2 goals in 13 seconds. Canes D-zone coverage has been pretty weak.

14. habs365 says:

Habs are doing ok..and I doubt very much if Regehr and Glencross are the two pieces of the puzzle to win a cup..unless someone wants to give up a steady 25-30 goal scorer..leave our team intact and build on it..every year around this time we’re thinking trade..tell me how much have we improved..I don’t see any stanley cups..build with our own players and never mind picking up other teams players they’re trying to get rid of..if they were that good..they wouldn’t be trying to trade them..you don’t see Calgary trying to get rid of Iginla..I wonder why..Habs management had better start thinking the same way..trade to better the team not to aquire more new faces…..

15. habs001 says:

all the teams ahead of us have scored 20-40 more goals …we have now a large sample size of over 160 games that shows that the line up we have on most nights will score between 1-3 goals and will have very few games of 4 or more…nashville is the only other team that is competitive like us but has minimal scoring but great d…our goaltending, d,team d and pk has been fantastic..the pp is getting better…the players have to be given credit that we can still win our division with only 3 teams having scored less goals than we have..usually 27th place scoring teams at this stage of the season would be close to be a lottery pick team….

16. habs365 says:

if they think they can win a cup in the next 5 years..I consider getting regehr for weber..I would have to do a lot of thinking before I’d give up ak46 for glencross and maybe a 1st rounder..weber and a 3rd rounder for regehr..ak46 for Glencross straight up..I think Calgary would be getting the better player down the road..if AK ever gets going, he’s gonna be a 30-35 goal scorer for years to come…….

17. shiram says:

Au contraire, it’s doing exactly what it’s meant to do.

18. jennifer1984 says:

yeah it is, and while price is great at home, he’s not always great against western conference teams. im glad Auld gets the start. nice for him to play at home for once.

also, seriously ive wanted poutine for days now, and your picture isnt helping!

19. jennifer1984 says:

and it’s only the 1st period!!! oh boy. however canes can come back!

20. gohabsgo25 says:

whoever lives in calgary. lets make flames central to habs central.

Than we will make the heritage classic into a habs classic 😀

go habs go.

going to wear my cammy jersey to piss off all the flames fan

21. Propwash says:

Have you cleaned your cache? Cookies, and stuff? Are you on IE or FF?

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

Oilers’ Ryan Whitney may be gone for the season.  That should get them one step closer to landing Larsson in the entry draft this summer.

BTW, is it just me, or are there still log-in issues with HI/O?

23. fuhgawz says:

in a way he is right … they do play calgary

24. Hagar says:

Auld has made a believer out of me this year. I can’t believe the guy hasn’t started a goalie controversy yet. Hope his play keeps up.

25. shiram says:

I have not seen a “live at home” Habs game since I was kid.  I’m not even sure anymore if it was at the Forum or Bell Center, im thinking Fourm though, and back then I wasnt even into hockey, so count yourself lucky if you can go!

26. Mark C says:

Already 2-0 Boston, and Ward has been yanked.

Edit: now 3-0 and Boston looks to be on their way to a blowout.

27. Mattyleg says:

You know, I am 100% in agreement with you on that one, Danno.

I only paid $80 for my nosebleed seats, so it’s no big deal. To me, $80 is like 80 cents to everyone else. I’m made of $80 bills. I blew my nose on $80 the other day and threw it into the….

(sigh)

Yeah, sucks Price, Wiz, and Poolie won’t be there.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

28. shiram says:

Isnt it Auld’s first Bell Center start? I mean Price has played all the home games as of now…

29. KenD29 says:

Lincoln Log day sounds better though !

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

30. Mark C says:

A B’s regulation loss and a Montreal win tonight would tie the teams in points, with Montreal having played one extra game. I’m not giving up on third place.

Staal is playing like a PM “monster” today.

31. RC-51 says:

And they play eachother again tomorrow!

32. Mark C says:

Haha, it’s Martin Luther King day.

33. RC-51 says:

• Earlier this year Eklund said Bieska was coming to Montreal, now it’s Regher!?

34. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

Yeah, I wasn’t sure about this one, I think I would side with a B’s win in regulation.

35. Mattyleg says:

Whaaaat the…?

Is there some holiday in the States today? “Lincoln Log Day”?

—Hope Springs Eternal—

36. Danno says:

Canes in regulation. It’s the better of two awful choices.

Forget about the other teams and just keep winning. Everything will be fine after that.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

37. Danno says:

It kind of sucks if you pay big money to see the Habs and – let’s face it – most people expect to see Price in nets, so it’s a letdown for those fans. The Bell Centre should make up for it somehow by offering free beer or something…

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

38. Mattyleg says:

Yeah, thanks man, I always have a blast when I go.

(after I’ve finished getting pissed off with the stupid music pointlessly blasting at us when we should be jeering the opposition, the even stupider fan ‘games’, and the (stupidest of all) endless pointless yapping of some tart in a Habs jersey on the big screen.)

Yeah, I’ll get pretty toasted, so it doesn’t really matter who plays.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

39. Mark C says:

B’s and Canes about to start…guess we pull for a Canes win in regulation?

40. shiram says:

Maybe Cammy can light it up, he sure is due for a big night. AK46 has shown some improvement since talking to JM, he can bring it as well, if he feels like it. Plus its about the ambience of the Bell Center… I can understand your frustration, but it can still be a great evening.

A w wouldnt hurt either.

41. HabFanSince72 says:

Not believable.

Regher turns 31 in April. Glencross is a journeyman at best.

There is no way we are giving up a prospect plus a 1st plus AK46.

42. Mattyleg says:

Fantastic. Going to the game tonight, and I’m SOOO glad to hear that our newest acquisition, our star goalie, and smokin’ hot Poupou won’t be there to welcome me with their silky skills.

That’s just effin’ great.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

43. Malreg says:

Personally, I don’t believe anything on twitter or any message board unless it comes from the likes of Mckenzie, Friedman, Dreger, or Lebrun.

44. avatar_58 says:

Why? Weber is finally starting to make his case for a permanent spot in the habs future plans…..and they should trade him?

45. joeybarrie says:

I think today is a perfect day to complete this trade. I mean they are in town. So let’s get it done. Its a long flight to have to do twice if we wait till tomorrow…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

46. Bogie Man says:

Interesting tweets on trade with the Flames. Regher and Glencross coming our way is the rumour. No word what we would be giving up but discussion about Weber and AK and a 1st rounder going back. Regher a pretty solid defenceman and is currently +8 now in stats. Glencross has 10 goals nothing to write home about but would be a good fit.