Auld starts, Moen with Gomez-Gionta

AUDIO: Jacques Martin | Josh Gorges, on Donald Fehr | Scott Gordon (begins speaking about Bruno Gervais) | John Tavares | Bruno Gervais

From Pat Hickey in Long Island:

Travis Moen will start tonight’s game against the New York Islanders on a line with Scott Gomez and Brian Gionta.

Goaltender Alex Auld makes his first start of the season for the 6-2-1 Canadiens.

Also making his first start of the season is Islanders defenceman Bruno Gervais. The only twist is that Gervais will be used as a forward on a line with Zenon Konopka and Jon Sim.

Dwayne Roloson gets the start in goal for the Islanders for the second straight game against Montreal, having made 33 saves in the Isles’ 5-3 loss to the Canadiens Wednesday at the Bell Centre.

There was thought that Rick DiPietro would get coach Scott Gordon’s call to play nets. DiPietro had planned to wear pink pads and gloves into action as a tribute to an aunt he lost to breast cancer, tonight being the Islanders Against Cancer night as part of the league-wide, month-long awareness campaign. The Canadiens’ event is tomorrow at home against Florida.

1. otter649 says:

How dumb are you Mr Tony making up another username……..

2. Everlasting1 says:

I’ve read papers from many sources about the LONG TERM affects of fluoride. It has a slow but cummulative affect. Fluoride is a toxic by-product from the manufacturing industry. Don’t need it to pass thru my system to benefit my teeth. But by all means, drink up if it suits you. I’ve known people who get nauseous drinking tap water.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

3. andrewberkshire says:

I think replacing the Maple Leaf with a ‘this is your brain as a Leaf fan’ symbol on the chest of the jersey is more than fair.

4. otter649 says:

A username name less than four days old & A comment critizing Gainey and Gauthier – I wonder who that might be ?

5. habs in 11 says:

Why do we always put Moen on this line it is not working…why not give Eller a try!!

6. Da Hema says:

Another QED. Andrew did the same thing below.

Habs4life provides incontrovertible evidence that cheering for the Toronto Maple Leafs stunts mental growth.

Perhaps the government should have warning labels placed on the Toronto Maple Leafs.

————————

Nigel Tufnel: It really puts perspective in things, doesn’t it?

David St. Hubbins: Oh, too much. Too much fu*king perspective.

–This is Spinal Tap

7. ManApart says:

That Halak is a sick human being. Pretty much on track to becoming the best goalie on the planet as I had thought. Where’s those geniuses who were saying he was Steve Penny lol? Looks like Davidson may have made the greatest trade in franchise history, well at least since Brett Hull. Gauthier? Well he should just be thanking God (Plekanec and AK), the team is winning so far and hope it continues.

On another note, does anyone think Darche should be put with Gio and Gomez? His speed isn’t great, but I really love the way the guy knows how to go to the net. He’s a very hard worker as well. I like the guy more than Pyatt, or Moen on the 2nd line. Eller is not ready for those kind of minutes and needs more time to work on his defensive game and positional play.

8. joeybarrie says:

I have one to beat both…….. The four hours I spend on here at work each day…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

9. ManApart says:

That was a good trade, but it turned out bad because Gauthier just let Moore go and our second round pick goes down the toilet. If 1.5 million is too much for our 3rd best forward in the playoffs last year, then that’s on Gainey for being so irresponsible with the cap. hello gomez deal.

10. mike g says:

Of course there is….

Tell him that Halak and Lats are signing autographs at KFC for free tonight, but only for customers who eat 15 of more Double Downs.

I bet you he’d eat ‘em all in less than 5 minutes. No chewing, nothing.

And Lats would have minimum 16…

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

11. joeybarrie says:

We replaced Halpern for Moore… So yes, great move.  3 goals 2 assists 60% face off wins and helping the BEST PK IN THE LEAGUE….

Moore has the same number of points for his team, lower face off percentage and does time on both the PK and PP…. YET WE PAID 600k for Halpern and MOORE is getting DOUBLE….

The only thing dumb here is YOU POINTING IT OUT AS A BAD THING…..

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

12. Rugger says:

Best response to a troll all day!

13. joeybarrie says:

Wow, TWO really dumb points.

Eller will make you eat your words. Just so you know. I will wait until a first year player has played games INTO the double digits before I judge. Funny that you think he isn’t good, but professional scouts and managers think he is going to be a top 2 line player. Im glad you have NOTHING to do with our team. Please fill out a Maple Leaf application.

Lats is a one dimensional player. Pouliot brings alot more to the team. However, I would have loved Pouliot for someone else. Lats is going to be a 25-30 goals scorer and would always have been cheap in Montreal.

That being said you must compare APPLES to APPLES….

Latendresse in his last 27 games with the HABS….. THREE POINTS…

Pouliot in his 27 with the HABS????????

OH WELL THIS TEAM IS WHAT IT IS, THANKS TO GAINEY AND GAUTHIER……… EXACTLY. A CONFERENCE FINALIST AND THE CURRENT LEADERS OF THE EAST…….  WELL DONE DUMBA**

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

14. mike g says:

He let Moore walk because he wanted too much money…

And it wasn’t a bad trade, Moore played a bigger than expected role in the playoffs, you douche.

Go suck a lemon, why do you have to waste your time and ours posting stupidity on this site?

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

15. forskis says:

Like I said, I was probably reading too much into what you wrote but it is gonna happen when one does Halak crack and the other does Price crack.  I am actually more blown away by Tim Thomas’ numbers so far…if he had a bad hip fixed during the off-season, I wonder why he did not do it during last season when many thought he was washed up….if he came back during the playoffs, the Bs may not have blown it.

In any case, the goalie shpiel will go on until they are both retired.

“I am guilty of using elipses…”

16. andrewberkshire says:

Damn… I really don’t understand how they can make a profit with deals like that, no wonder fast food revenues went up after the recession, it’s cheaper to eat at McDonalds than go to the grocery store.

17. JIMVINNY says:

Since “the trade”, that’s all Slovak’s posts ever amount to.  Lame as can be.

18. Da Hema says:

Is there any way to convince you to go to KFC and consume 20 Double Downs?

————————

Nigel Tufnel: It really puts perspective in things, doesn’t it?

David St. Hubbins: Oh, too much. Too much fu*king perspective.

–This is Spinal Tap

19. habs4real says:

and that trade was soooooooo great that he let Moore go. how dumb are you?

20. andrewberkshire says:

I’m sure he’s treated himself a few times already this week!

21. mike g says:

If you’re gonna shoot your mouth off, at least know the facts…

He made another trade, a 2nd round pick for Dominic Moore.

I mean, how dumb can YOU be?

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

22. Da Hema says:

QED. Perhaps Andrew we could treat this poster to some Double Downs from KFC.

————————

Nigel Tufnel: It really puts perspective in things, doesn’t it?

David St. Hubbins: Oh, too much. Too much fu*king perspective.

–This is Spinal Tap

23. Everlasting1 says:

Just a heads up..during the Nashville game last night lol they plugged a McDonalds commercial for chicken mcnuggets – 50 pieces for $10. Don’t know if that was a regional thing but damn that’s a great deal :-P

”We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

24. habs4real says:

in Gauthier’s only 2 trades, both were horrible.

first trading Halak and getting nothing in return. Eller will never become a scorer. just doesn;t have the talent and never even shoots.

and trading Latandresse for Pouliot, what a disaster. Everyone knows Pouliot will be shipped to the minors after being waived, before Xmas. it’s a given. and to think Gauthier even gave him a salary increase, even tho he hadn’t scored in 28 games. I mean how dumb can you be.

oh well this team is what it is, thanks to Gainey and Gauthier, from the same moron cloth.

25. FB says:

I eat KFC once every year or two if that.  I was in a food court with some buddies and they dared me so I had one.  It was smaller than I thought it would be.  Tasted good though.

26. andrewberkshire says:

Listen, you retarded troll who won’t go away. The Leafs have 13 goals from Kessel and Macarthur, and 10 from EVERYONE else.

The Canadiens have 10 goals from their top 2 guys, along with 10 goals from their bottom 6 forwards and defense alone. Learn to add.

Listen up everybody please. Can we put a HALAK to the goalie debate?

28. Jordio-oh says:

Fair points. It’s entirely possible.

29. mike g says:

Yup..

Even if he rehabs to 100% I’m not sure he’ll be able to land a #1 job, unless it’s with my 2nd favorite team who I won’t mention.

They never have a goalie.

So he may be a solid backup…

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

30. krob1000 says:

LOL..somewhere i my longwinded reply was a disclaimer that I was just kidding…but once I started it I figured it had to be complete or someone would attack it….

31. andrewberkshire says:

You tried WAY too hard in this comment, and it ends up being lame as can be.

32. SeriousFan09 says:

Natural selection jokes about stuff like the Double Down never get old :D

That and I have to say, what’s a bigger indication of wasting time, that there are 27 replies to the Double Down story or that you took the time to count them :p

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

33. SeriousFan09 says:

Quite the story, caught it earlier when I was trying to catch up with the daily hockey news.

Tough fight, but it’s impossible not to root for him.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

34. joeybarrie says:

Poster below beat me to the Natural Selection bit. I just read it. Sorry to try to steal your joke…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

35. habs4real says:

until the habs play good teams(not bottom feeders) we won’t know if they’re any good.

beating non playoff teams is not a great feat.

and when hab’s 1 only offensive  line stops producing, say hello to the basement.

36. mike g says:

Please read this story…

It explains how the once out of control netminder Ray Emery has changed his ways and will do anything to return to the NHL. He regrets taking things for granted, and speaks of the complicated procedure/rehab he’s going though just to play again.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

37. matraque says:

Halak was a NHL Playoffs MVP and a fan favorite.  What do you expect?

——

Canadien en 5!
    Never go Full Retard

38. joeybarrie says:

27 replies to a post about the new KFC sandwich. WHAT IS GOING ON IN HERE?????????

They obviously are going to make a fortune. Sell it without the bun, and charge just as much. Everyone want to try it, and everyone knows its bad for you.

Suggestion of the day. Warning labels against fast food.  I say NO. We already have a process that works. Its part of NATURAL SELECTION…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

39. habs4real says:

ditto the habs.

40. pierre lapuck says:

Halak doesn’t play for the Habs anymore and I for one think they made the right decision.  That being said I don’t know if they did and neither does any of you; all we do is guess and repeat the same old positions on Halak vs. Price that have been debated ad nauseam here since the playoffs ended.  Aren’t you guys just bored yet?

41. habs4real says:

oh, I could have sworn you were talking about the habs.

you know, after the Plekanec line, there’s no offence.

42. habs4real says:

how great would it be for habs to squeak into the playoffs again for the umpteenth time.

don’t worry guys. Boston is finishing in 1st place. they are the beasts of the east.

43. HFX-HabFan says:

Tkachuk- he doesn’t worry about having to be in “game shape” anymore.  Plus he’s American, and the Double Down has been available down there for a while.

44. Da Hema says:

Martin Brodeur endorses it.

————————

Nigel Tufnel: It really puts perspective in things, doesn’t it?

David St. Hubbins: Oh, too much. Too much fu*king perspective.

–This is Spinal Tap

45. Slovak says:

Advice: after you buy one, you better call halak, he will STOP all the fat and other shit in it, consequently, it will be safe to eat it.

They call it shutout-ed KFC

46. Da Hema says:

I think you hit that right on the mark. If they get great goaltending and Kessel produces, they have a chance to win. That said, they do not have any secondary scoring, as recent games are beginning to reveal.

————————

Nigel Tufnel: It really puts perspective in things, doesn’t it?

David St. Hubbins: Oh, too much. Too much fu*king perspective.

–This is Spinal Tap

47. habaddict_andy says:

I thought it was Paper Throw to Trash Can app.

Scott Gomez to Montreal Media “You’re a pain in the neck, but you’re our pain in the neck.”

48. twocents says:

Rob, I didn’t say anything about predictions, I said ridiculous predictions made to appear more knowledgeable. I think you can tell the difference. Here’s an example:

A Prediction: I think the Habs will miss the playoffs this year, or I bet the Habs will miss the playoffs this year.

A ridiculous prediction made to sound more knowledgeable: There is no way in hell the Habs make the playoffs this year, not a friggin’ chance. Anyone who knows hockey can tell that by the way they are playing. They simply cannot do it.

I’m pretty sure you can tell the difference, even if you aren’t aware that you can. ;o)

49. Da Hema says:

I believe they are obliged to provide such information to the public. My understanding is McDonalds, Wendys and others use their websites to provide caloric and other “nutritional” information.

————————

Nigel Tufnel: It really puts perspective in things, doesn’t it?

David St. Hubbins: Oh, too much. Too much fu*king perspective.

–This is Spinal Tap

50. andrewberkshire says:

I agree, they just don’t have any offensive depth whatsoever, and it shows when Kessel isn’t scoring no one else can do the job. They’ll probably finish somewhere between 10-12.

51. habaddict_andy says:

No way GM would’ve traded Halak to a team in the same devision, not even to the eastern team.

52. Storm Man says:

Read my post again…… “I have yet to have one”…… I can’t see myself having one but 3am after a party night with friends one never knows.

53. Da Hema says:

I think his point was simply that anyone who needs the government to tell them a Double Down is dangerous to his or her health is already so dense and retarded that their short lives will actually benefit humankind.

I concur.

————————

Nigel Tufnel: It really puts perspective in things, doesn’t it?

David St. Hubbins: Oh, too much. Too much fu*king perspective.

–This is Spinal Tap

54. habaddict_andy says:

Good, they better do better this year.  Boston will be scare if they get another top 5 pick.  Come on Toranna, make it to the playoff.  1st place Montreal and 8th place leafs for a playoff match up.  The only concern would be montreal getting injury from goons.

55. mike g says:

Indeed….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

56. jennifer1984 says:

yeah i see that where i am a lot (border town)

but it’s all in the States. You can tell when they advertise Dr. Pepper as a drink at the McD’s since they dont have it here.

seriously. thats a lot of nuggets

i wonder how many dipping sauces they would give you

57. mike g says:

Yea..

I’d mix Drain-O, CLR, and paint thinner in the shot.

Just to make sure, you know….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

58. Everlasting1 says:

What’s worse for your health is inactivity.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

59. Da Hema says:

Yes, it would be nice to play the Leafs in the first round so that we can bring their fans back down to earth.

Still, though, I doubt Toronto will make the playoffs.

————————

Nigel Tufnel: It really puts perspective in things, doesn’t it?

David St. Hubbins: Oh, too much. Too much fu*king perspective.

–This is Spinal Tap

60. mike g says:

Alright fine..

But how much are you bringing to the party if you think smokes aren’t bad for you?

Eh, SeriousFan, eh??!!!

How much are you bringing, an already opened, half empty bag of Ruffles BBQ chips?

lol

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

61. derfab says:

No big deal. Keep it away from the fat kids. Otherwise, put it on an oversized plate with some salad and rice and it passes as really bad chicken parmesan.

62. Psycho29 says:

I just read that each sandwich is 540 calories, 30 grams of fat and 1740 milligrams of sodium….

I would follow that up with a shot glass of Drain-O…..

63. dabuff says:

My son has commented that a couple of his High School buddies had the double down for lunch this week…both said they felt ill immediately after eating the thing but both also felt ok within an hour of eating it….so..the moral..you’ll feel like crap eating it but the feeling goes away in an hour..whybother???

64. SeriousFan09 says:

Your KHL Update:

Karri Ramo’s Avangard Omsk lost in a 3-2 game with Alexei Emelin’s Ak Bars Kazan, Ramo stopped 22 of 25 shots, Emelin was +1 on the match with no points. Emelin is on his longest scoring drought of the season with no points in 4 games.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

65. matraque says:

ugh…. No kidding? LOL

That’s not the point.

——

Canadien en 5!

Never go Full Retard

66. PrimeTime says:

HILARIOUS!! :D

67. HFX-HabFan says:

You’re aware that they named him captain back in June, right?

68. SeriousFan09 says:

Because the government is trying to enforce a little natural selection. If you don’t think a Double Down is bad for your health, chances are you’re not bringin’ that much to the party.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

69. andrewberkshire says:

How great would it be to sweep the Leafs in round 1?

70. krob1000 says:

yeah but on this thing the cheese is the healthy part! I loe cheese, i love fried and chicken and I love bacon….my mouth waters thinking about it…I know if I try one I am done…so that will never happen…..I already have a poutine weakness. I would love to know who tried one first…Guillaume Fatendresse, Kyle Wellfed or Keith Tkachunk!

71. matraque says:

Check this out.

Phaneuf is a the new Captain

——

Canadien en 5!

Never go Full Retard

72. Slovak says:

I remember you said you don´t eat crap…:)

73. mike g says:

KFC should be sued…

Or, have to put warning labels on their product wrappers the same way cigarette companies have to.

Both products, smokes and EXTREME fast food, will kill you if used daily….

This message was braught to you by the Church Of Ladder Day Saints.

lol. No but seriously, how aren’t fast food restaurant obliged to put warnings on their packagings?

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

74. SeriousFan09 says:

No, but I want to live to see 40.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.