Audio: Weber in, Darche out vs. Leafs

PRE-GAME AUDIO: Jacques Martin in English and French | Brian Gionta | Hal Gill | Kirk Muller

Hamilton callup Yannick Weber will see action tonight with linemates Benoit Pouliot and Jeff Halpern, replacing Mathieu Darche in the Canadiens lineup for the game vs. the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Carey Price gets the start in goal, his 19th in 20 Canadiens games. Think head coach Jacques Martin misses last year’s ubiquitous question, “Who’s your goalie tomorrow, Jacques?”

1. Number31 says:

Bollocks. You can thank some tool from TSN who heard “I don’t care for the puck” as “I don’t care for the fans”. He’s soooooooooo unhappy that he was smiling and giggling with PK after the crazy glove save as the fans were bowing to him.

Maybe ’cause this year’s Habs have zero controversy people have to make up crap to get clicks.

2. Hagar says:

I somehow doubt Calgary will let a franchise player go for Gomez and whoever else. I suggested Gio+Spacek+a pick. I suggested Gio, who has decent trade value because of his work ethic and reliability and some people went a little nutty. Also Spacek does have a history of being a good offensive D man, who could make a decent pp qb (although he has slipped a bit as of recent). Calgary wants an improvement to their pp and both these guys could help seeing as they both see regular pp time. Size is something Calgary covets, so maybe they’d prefer AK46 to Gio. I’d do that too. I don’t think they’d go for it though.

3. adam76 says:

Classic – my team is looking for a “rental”

4. Antho says:

our defense is good? omg lol im done responding to you

5. shootdapuck says:

Worked for convicted felon Eagleson!

Ex Laffs assistant GM and since being let go a Toronto media hack wannabe.

Next thing he will report is PK really wants to be in TO!

“The three stars as selected by Red Fisher of the Montreal Star:
    1st star: Henri Richard
    2nd Star: Doug Harvey
    3rd Star: Jacques Plante

Final score Detroit Red Wings 5 Montreal Canadiens 3″

Look up, way up.

7. observer says:

Calgary GM just traded away his son. Trying to swap his wife right now, but she carries a high cap figure.

8. joeybarrie says:

Funny, seems that the ONLY reason people give success to this team is on the play of the Goalie. I guess the fact that the defense on this team has movedus into the top half of the league in shots against. We lead the lead in PK, and have been doing well on the PP lately.  I guess the play of the 3rd line and the fact that pleks is more than a point per game has nothing to do with our success… I also guess the fact the other coaches have been saying they have been out coached by JM has nothing to do with it either.

Pricey is doing GREAT things. But don’t take away what the rest of our team is doing. WE ARE SUCCESSFUL BECAUSE WE PLAY LIKE A TEAM AND DONT RELY TOO HEAVILY ON ONE PARTICULAR ASPECT OF OUR GAME. Success despite the dismal beginning to our PP this season proves that.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

9. observer says:

no, i am sad alright but because the giants blew last weeks game against dallas and now probably are going to get torn apart by vick tomorrow night which means they will have gone from best in the nfc to chasing a wildcard in just 2 weeks.

10. savethepuck says:

Price confirmed on every site I’ve checked.  Follow starting goalie posts closely before I make my Saturday night hockey pool picks

11. SmartDog says:

Having trouble with “Gomez” and “light it up” in the same paragraph.

People keep drawing lines in the sand for how poor Gomez can be, and he just keeps crossing em.  He’s even shocked me with how little he seems to care or be ready to CHANGE to succeed.  I mean, if it’s not working, do SOMETHING different.

——- Anyone know how to italicize sigs? Used to be able too…