Audio: Voices after (yet another) practice

A little audio gathered in the Canadiens dressing room after practice today:

• Defenceman and race-car driver Patrice Brisebois on the late Canadian Grand Prix, erased today from the 2009 Formula One calendar;

• Captain Saku Koivu on a variety of things;

Georges Laraque, trying very hard to be patient;

Ryan O’Byrne discusses getting a puck in the mouth on Monday;

Roman Hamrlik on getting ready for the season, and on his dream of the Canadiens one day playing in his native Czech Republic.

1. showey47 says:

If your not good enough to make the laffs, you are barely beer league material.

2. Dave Stubbs says:

In Breezer’s defence: the loss of the F1 race will be a massive hit on Montreal’s economy and the city’s joie de vivre. My guess is that the FIA yanked the race because it didn’t want to be in conflict with the Canadiens’ Stanley Cup parade. Stop laughing.

Dave Stubbs

Habs Inside/Out
    Sports Feature Writer, Montreal Gazette

3. twocents says:

Thanks Dave,

Some great stuff. I forgot that Hamrlik and Tanguay were teammates two years ago, that should help Alex adjust. Great to hear Saku sound relaxed and yet very ready. I hadn’t heard O’Bryne talk much before and he sounds like a real good kid. Laraque sounds like he has a good approach to his injury. Basically everything but Breezer whining about losing a car race that would have been run while he and the rest of us should be celebrating was great to hear.

4. J.T. says:

I’m not laughing. It’d interrupt the praying.

5. twocents says:

No laughing here, nothing more than a calm, sure nod of head. That was my point about us celebrating, I was not suggesting we celebrate the loss of the race but the return of our proper possessions.;-) Breezer is on the Habs, he should understand the circumstance.

I was admittedly playing fast and loose with the impact of the race loss itself but, heck this is a Habs site and a Cup would inject a fair bit of economic activity and joie de vivre into our fair city(former for me), don’t you think?

6. Hockey11 says:

Another winger that really doesn’t stand out, Wings let him go and mow the Leafs, he is a fourth liner on an average team or an emergency player, I think the LEafs paid him close to the minimum too.

7. HAB-PROFESSOR says:

anybody like Boyd Devereaux?
    I thought he was one of the better leafs,

8. Tom S. says:

I posted this on another thread but it may already have been abandonned…

OT, but I needed a Laff:

“Goddamn it, I was a Yankee fan in the 1970s and the Sixties, when they stunk — and when the Leafs were winning,” Wilson said.

Leafs were winning in the 70s?? Who knew?

Someone’s hitting the sauce!!

9. Sami says:

Now THAT is one funny National Post article. The Leafs percieved as the Yankees of Canada? Dream on…………..LOL

10. Greg says:

none of the above audio is working for me. anyone else have that problem?

11. Chorske says:

Works fine for me.

Try right-clicking and “save target as…” to your HD, and then open it when it’s done downloading. You should be able to open these, they’re basic mp3 files.

12. Mr.Hazard says:

I think I need a half-naked Habs fan on my picture. Female. Seems to be the way to go lately.

Ex nihilo nihil fit

13. HABZ24 says:

chomping at the bit here, cant wait for friday night!! go habs go!!

14. nightmare_49 says:

I like the interview with Hamy and i always wonder what his secret was to not attract the attention of the media, if he knew he should bottle it.

15. SlovakHab says:

Mc Laren on waivers.. SJ defence is pretty well stock on defence: Blake, Boyle, Lukowich, Erhoff, Vlasic, Murray, Moore…