Audio: Same Habs lineup vs. Panthers tonight

The Canadiens take on the Florida Panthers at the Bell Centre tonight, aiming to run their winning streak to three games and carry some momentum into Washington on Thursday.

Head coach Guy Carbonneau will use the same lineup as he used against Toronto on Saturday. Which means that Guillaume Latendresse remains in the press box.

Captain Saku Koivu, forward Alex Kovalev and defenceman Roman Hamrlik didn’t take part in the morning skate; Carbonneau wants them rested for the game and the stretch of holiday-season games to come.

Some audio gathered after this morning’s pre-game skate:

Relative greybeard Mathieu Dandenault on how young players are making their presence felt on the Canadiens this season. Clip runs 1:08.

Forward Michael Ryder on his ongoing work to emerge from the puzzling slump that’s seen him score just three goals thus far. Clip runs 1:34.

Alternate captain Christopher Higgins on the youth movement, momentum, leadership and more. Clip runs 8:25.

Head coach Guy Carbonneau discusses his lineup for tonight, including Latendresse’s unhappiness at not playing. In French, clip running 2:39. Then in English, including comment on goalies Carey Price and Cristobal Huet and the ugly word "controversy," clip running 4:29.

1. Proudones says:

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
    I re-installed Quicktime but still getting the same “Error on page” message. I have no idea what else to do.
    Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Cams Habs says:

Epic Blunder? I don’t think so at all. Bob prioritized and made a great move to ship Rivet out. I would have preferred to deal Sheldon, however, because you just knew he would be knocking at the door of a 5 and 5 contract which is what he basically got in Oil country.

Bob was very wise in signing Andrei ahead of Craig and Sheldon. He decided to trade Craig, and as a result got a great return in Gorges and Max Pacioretty in the first round (coming to a local World Junior Championship near you). He obviously made an effort to sign Sheldon back, but Shelly had his way and skipped town. So, Bob, ever cool, calm and collected, signs Roman who has played marvelous.

I would much rather have Roman then Souray or any other offensive D-Man right now, and thats what a Souray trade would have given us. We are a lot more stable 5v5 and Roman has a ton to do with it (See +7 rating and rock solid defensive zone play).

I highly doubt we will be trading Huet anytime soon. The goalie market is still quite small, with very few teams interesting in a new F/T starter. Although I do agree with you, if someone comes knocking about either Huet or Ryder or both, I’m ready to pull the switch on it. Carey can develop into a great goalie as soon as next year, maybe two years, and by then our current youth will hopefully be reaching their potential, such as the Big and Mini Tits, Higgins, Plekanec, etc. I don’t really want to see anybody other than Ryder or Huet packing town, unless it is Smolinski; we just have too much potential in our young guys to send them away for a Marleau who might fall on his face.

3. habsfan_56 says:

off topic but do the habs come on fm radio?
    i know they are on 800 AM but i got class tonight and plan on listening to the game

4. Habsrule1 says:

I agree that we should probably trade them, but not that not trading Souray was “an epic blunder”. If we had traded him, and tanked, people would have been all over Gainey, because we had nobody to step in for Souray. If we had made the playoffs with Souray’s help, Gainey would have been called a genius because he held on to him. The difference now is that we have the relief. If we trade either Ryder ot Huet, we have capable replacements.

Go Habs Go!!

Habsrule

5. NightRyder says:

There are two players I’d love to see play out of their minds for the next couple of months – Ryder and Huet.

Why? Because they are our two most tradeable assets – and NOT part of the future, so they MUST be moved by the deadline (see: not dealing Souray, Sheldon last year as an epic blunder).

As long as the powers that be understand this, and don’t fall in love with them after a few good games, we should be able to add something significant that will help us move forward.

6. HAB-PROFESSOR says:

do you have quicktime installed?

you need to associate your MP3 extension with either quicktime
    or windows media.

I would install quicktime…its free.

———
    until the problem in my picture is solved…we will not be Champions.
    Delenda Est Torontium….

7. Proudones says:

Am I the only one who is unable to get the audio clips?
    Every single time I’ve tried, I get an “error on page” and no audio.
    Can anyone please help?
    Thanks

8. habfan53 says:

A little change.
    Here in Toronto they have been reporting that broadcaster
    Don Chevrier passed away yesterday.
    I seem to remember that he did the first Expos game for CBC in ’69
    But no matter what sport He called he always made it exciting.

9. Fer_hab says:

Hey WOPS great find. I actually got goosebumps reading that one.

BTW great inerviews today Stubber

10. habscout says:

Thanks for posting these, and other, audio clips. The details in these clips augment very well the stories found in Habsinsideout.com and the Habs section of the Montreal Gazette. I find they add more depth to the stories.

11. johnnyhab says:

A little off topic but earlier today I found a great article on Price at http://www.theforthperiod.com it’s a great read. I think it tells how most of Habland was feeling when price was drafted…don’t worry Dave Stubbs your still the best!