Audio: Price out today with flu; Hamrlik out

AUDIO: Jacques Martin | Alex Auld | P.K. Subban | Ryan White | Dustin Boyd | Alex Picard | Ben Maxwell

1:35 pm update: Habs headed to Quebec City for flight to Toronto. Cuts still unannounced.

11:05 am update: Head coach Jacques Martin is expected to meet the media shortly. He might be announcing the final cuts before the team breaks camp this afternoon and flies to Toronto.

11:25 am update: Martin says he has full confidence in Alex Auld in goal if Price can’t go. Didn’t elaborate on who’s Auld’s backup in event Price is too sick to dress. Roman Hamrlik is definitely out for tomorrow. Cuts will be made by 3 pm league deadline, Martin and Habs GM Pierre Gauthier still pondering roster at this hour.

Canadiens goalie Carey Price is not practising today, the final day of Habs training camp in Clermont, said to be suffering from the flu. The team is hoping he’ll be fit to start tomorrow night against the Toronto Maple Leafs. In the meantime, goaltending coach Pierre Groulx is the second netminder in practice today.

Defenceman Andrei Markov is not practising either, also reportedly with flu-like symptoms. Markov not is not expected back imminently.

1. The Teacher says:

Haven’t got any new material…gosh you are an angry individual.

2. Bugs says:

Nooo, it’s transmitted through non-scarfiness and non-sweateritude! Ain’t you ever been to SCHOOL?

Pff…mucous membraned air-carriers…

Go back to Mars, why dontcha?

Quite self-satisfied, I smirk as

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Minority Owner of the Habbalicious Bubble-Gum Emporium, Proprietor of the Flanneltop Pop Shop, and Beaming Tenant in Mama’s Basement, i.e., Habsbros Central:

3. spcbrass says:

Cortisone is only a short term solution, it will get rid of the inflamation, but after the inflamation passes be sure to do some core training and light strength training for your back so that you don’t get a repeat injury.

4. Clay4bc says:

Bugs, ever since I visited Barcelona, I love paella…it seems we may have much to discuss if Auld gets the nod…

I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend your right to make yourself look stupid.

5. Clay4bc says:

Yeah, but you’re a T-Rex…

6. derfab says:

I was not very impressed with him and thought Carle to be a better player but I was also surprised to see that he looks a little heavier this year.

7. derfab says:

Yes but only in the hip. Pinch of the needle, strange, tight pressure in the area followed by immediate relief (that may or may not last). Basically, no sweat compared to surgery. Good luck!

8. flowerpower_74 says:

I’m sorry Bugs but you don’t get the flu from not wearing a sweater or scarf. For someone supposed to be civilized, you should know that. It is transmitted through the aiir or with contact with your mucous membranes from others who carry it.

Habs will gel as a team.

9. SLONCOLD says:

not fun at all. hope u get better.

10. Chuck says:

When you pick a guy to be your backup, you have to be confident in him being able to start successfully for a 2+ week stretch, considering that at some point in the season your starter is going to go down with an injury. So yeah, if they believe that he’s capable in do ing the job, I give them the benefit of the doubt.

11. samTHEman says:

lmao good one dude haha. speaking of shots i’m getting a cortisone shot on friday in my back L4-L5-S1 nerves to treat a herniated disc that’s been bothering me for quite some time. Has anybody taken these epidurals? Any feedback would be appreciated thanks!

12. Gorges_the_great says:

13. LA Loyalist says:

Maybe it’s horse flu.

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”