Audio: Price out today with flu; Hamrlik out

AUDIO: Jacques Martin | Alex Auld | P.K. Subban | Ryan White | Dustin Boyd | Alex Picard | Ben Maxwell

1:35 pm update: Habs headed to Quebec City for flight to Toronto. Cuts still unannounced.

11:05 am update: Head coach Jacques Martin is expected to meet the media shortly. He might be announcing the final cuts before the team breaks camp this afternoon and flies to Toronto.

11:25 am update: Martin says he has full confidence in Alex Auld in goal if Price can’t go. Didn’t elaborate on who’s Auld’s backup in event Price is too sick to dress. Roman Hamrlik is definitely out for tomorrow. Cuts will be made by 3 pm league deadline, Martin and Habs GM Pierre Gauthier still pondering roster at this hour.

Canadiens goalie Carey Price is not practising today, the final day of Habs training camp in Clermont, said to be suffering from the flu. The team is hoping he’ll be fit to start tomorrow night against the Toronto Maple Leafs. In the meantime, goaltending coach Pierre Groulx is the second netminder in practice today.

Defenceman Andrei Markov is not practising either, also reportedly with flu-like symptoms. Markov not is not expected back imminently.

1. HFX-HabFan says:

Hey, you already asked this on the other story!

1- We’ll have three guys who will top 70 pts, Cammy will come out on top.

2- Yes

3- Yes

4- 47

5- Eller and Subban…ok, I cheated.  I’ll say Lapierre.

6- 68

7- 33

8- 2nd in the Northeast, 6th in the East

9- Halpern won’t “bounce back” statistically, but he’ll be fine.  I’ll say Laps again.

10- 43 points, All-Rookie Team, Calder finalist, might just win it.

2. WarHero says:

Eric Engels: 10 Questions

1. Who will lead the Canadiens in scoring this season?
    2. Will the club extend Andrei Markov before the season is up?
    3. Will Andrei Kostitsyn be a Montreal Canadien in April?
    4. How many points will Benoit Pouliot score this season?
    5. Who do you believe is set for a career-year?
    7. How many wins will Carey Price get this season?
    8. Will the Canadiens make the playoffs, if so in what place will they finish?
    10. What are your projections for P.K. Subban this year?

————————————————————————

3. HFX-HabFan says:

Ryan White will make the team?  Please?

4. The Teacher says:

Haven’t got any new material…gosh you are an angry individual.

5. Bugs says:

Nooo, it’s transmitted through non-scarfiness and non-sweateritude! Ain’t you ever been to SCHOOL?

Pff…mucous membraned air-carriers…

Go back to Mars, why dontcha?

6. spcbrass says:

Cortisone is only a short term solution, it will get rid of the inflamation, but after the inflamation passes be sure to do some core training and light strength training for your back so that you don’t get a repeat injury.

7. Clay4bc says:

Bugs, ever since I visited Barcelona, I love paella…it seems we may have much to discuss if Auld gets the nod…

o_0

__________________________

I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend your right to make yourself look stupid.

8. Clay4bc says:

Yeah, but you’re a T-Rex…

__________________________

9. derfab says:

I was not very impressed with him and thought Carle to be a better player but I was also surprised to see that he looks a little heavier this year.

10. derfab says:

Yes but only in the hip. Pinch of the needle, strange, tight pressure in the area followed by immediate relief (that may or may not last). Basically, no sweat compared to surgery. Good luck!

11. flowerpower_74 says:

I’m sorry Bugs but you don’t get the flu from not wearing a sweater or scarf. For someone supposed to be civilized, you should know that. It is transmitted through the aiir or with contact with your mucous membranes from others who carry it.

Habs will gel as a team.

12. SLONCOLD says:

not fun at all. hope u get better.

13. Chuck says:

When you pick a guy to be your backup, you have to be confident in him being able to start successfully for a 2+ week stretch, considering that at some point in the season your starter is going to go down with an injury. So yeah, if they believe that he’s capable in do ing the job, I give them the benefit of the doubt.

14. samTHEman says:

lmao good one dude haha. speaking of shots i’m getting a cortisone shot on friday in my back L4-L5-S1 nerves to treat a herniated disc that’s been bothering me for quite some time. Has anybody taken these epidurals? Any feedback would be appreciated thanks!

15. Gorges_the_great says:

Honestly.

16. LA Loyalist says:

Maybe it’s horse flu.

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

17. Bugs says:

You mean, would we rather have a doorstop over a bathplug?

Honestly, what difference does it make?

18. LA Loyalist says:

If he truly has the flu, it’s serious. Remember our team got really messed up with flu a couple of years ago, as have other teams. He should be isolated.

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

19. likehoy says:

no, cause price needs a veteran back up.

- I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

20. JD_ says:

When Carbo knew what BG told the players, he was saying that it wasn’t before too long that it would be known to the part of the team that already knew the plan. This is why PG took over before Carbo said the decisions were made to have Koivu in the first place. We know this because it is the same as when Jean Ratelle took over the beginning after the coach’s decisions weren’t made public to Vic Hadfield. So, that’s why it won’t work.

21. SLONCOLD says:

good one. lol

22. krob1000 says:

They tried to give Price a flu shot a few weeks back…..it beat him high glove though.

Just kidding…I hope he plays tomorrow

23. Mrhab24 says:

too funny!

24. sidhu says:

As I mentioned on the other thread, the Oilers will not likely carry three goalies so they will have to do something with Jeff Deslariers or Devyn Dubnyk.  Would anyone prefer having homeboy Deslariers as our backup over Alex Bald?

On another note, I’m kinda surprised no one has derisively suggested that Price’s flu = nasty hangover

25. Lafrich says:

Who throws a shoe?

26. ZepFan2 says:

Isn’t it obvious, Bugsy!?

The kid (and ONLY the kid) was signing an autograph from a disgruntled Halak fan. I have proof…Disgruntled Halak fan

And here I thought you had the scoop on all disaster related Habs stuff.

;)

————————————————————————–

– Steven Tyler

27. likehoy says:

it’s great to see timo’s back, but despite his 4 month hiatus, he has not come up with new material…he’s like the blink182 of HIO.

welcome back MAB/fullbreezer/the system!

since price is out with the flu, I’m judging for a 15 game gelling period!

- I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

28. habrez says:

Brian Rafalski is 5’10

Tobias Enstrom 5″10

There are more

29. sidhu says:

hahaha this is the funniest post of the young season… keep it up my friend

30. arcosenate says:

Wow, anyone else feel as confident in Auld as Jacques?

31. habrez says:

Weber is an inch shorter than his fellow countryman Streit and PK. He is also 3 inches taller than Frankie the Bull.

As far as I see it he has been progressing nicely and we could definitely use him on the second unit of the power play with Hamr and Markov being out.

32. Bugs says:

If Auld becomes our bonafide starter at ANY point in the season, I’m burning the Bell Centre down and offering my paella recipe to anyone who brings me Gauthier’s head.

I’ll throw in my carrot-cake recipe if the eyeballs are still intact.

33. _Habsoloutly_ says:

birthday party, cheesecake, jelly-bean boom!

34. Bugs says:

And the other players signin autographs had latex gloves on?

35. JasonM says:

My guess was Auld to be our starter by December…. I guess the 1st game of the season was too bold a prediction…

:P

36. Bugs says:

That super-flu tried to get tough with me on Drummond Street last year.

But me and my fall jacket busted it one in the lobanza and sent it back on the first boat returning to Siberia.

37. ZepFan2 says:

Funny, so do I!

;)

————————————————————————–

– Steven Tyler

38. Oddball says:

I’m sure if you send Pierre a letter with a self enclosed envelope and stamp he will be sure to let you in on all of his plans. It has to be his top priority to make sure someone of your stature is “in the know.” Who knows, he may need your expertise some day on which fabric softener is the best for the game towells or if bottled water is as good as tap water.

..always with the negative waves, Moriarty, always with the negative waves..

39. king ddd says:

i think its a cover up.. price is being traded for halak! :p

.::DON’T MESS WITH THE MOENATOR!::.

40. Don Carnage says:

Stephane Robidas , Marc Andre Bergeron ect ect ect

41. RiverviewCanadien says:

“and I feel fine”

42. ZepFan2 says:

“It’s the end of the World as we know it…”

————————————————————————–

– Steven Tyler

43. ZepFan2 says:

Umm, I don’t know…maybe he’s handlin’ them new fangled thingamajigs called pens that them there young whippersnappers are handin’ him to sign those pesky autographs.

Just a hunch on my part though.

————————————————————————–

– Steven Tyler

44. RiverviewCanadien says:

IMO, it would be best if Price was 1000km away from the team. They are already missing some key players for tomorrow, so I hope nobody else wakes up with the flu in the morning. Price should sit tomorrow, even if he is feeling “ok”.

If Martin has confidence, we ALL should have confidence, in Auld that is.

Eller with Pleks and Andrei, Pouliot with Capt. Gionta and Gomez. Pyatt, Moen, Lapierre, Subban, Gill, Gorges, Spacek, etc

The team is still better without the likes of Markov, Hamrlik, Price, Cammalleri, than the Leafs hands down.

GO HABS GO!

45. pic1983 says:

Theres tons of flu going around right now in the city, and there was a certain “super flu” (what a joke that whole scenario was) that was going around this time last year as well.

46. G-Man says:

Price suffering from the “Toronna” flu? Good start to the season. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

47. pic1983 says:

1. Who will lead the Canadiens in scoring this season? Thomas Plekanec

2. Will the club extend Andrei Markov before the season is up? No, but they should.

3. Will Andrei Kostitsyn be a Montreal Canadien in April? YES

4. How many points will Benoit Pouliot score this season? 50

5. Who do you believe is set for a career-year? Thomas Plekanec

6. How many goals will Mike Cammalleri and Brian Gionta combine for this season? 66

7. How many wins will Carey Price get this season? 35

8. Will the Canadiens make the playoffs, if so in what place will they finish? 6TH

9. Which player is most likely to have a strong bounce back this season? Lapierre or Halpern? Lapierre

10. What are your projections for P.K. Subban this year? 14 G 25 A

48. G-Man says:

Weber is too small for D in the NHL and he’d never score enough for the times he’s muscled off the puck in his own zone.

49. Bugs says:

Surprise, surprise: kids are the breeding-ground for germs. They play in the MUCK, ferpetessakes.

How does that explain what the heck Carey was doin in Charlevoix?

50. scrowe21 says:

Yes, but not as his first regular season game of the year.

——–

My spinorama shootout goal with Cammy

51. Bugs says:

Maybe he needs to twist up his yapper like your boy Sutter.

The great communicator, right? Builder of champions in Calgary, right?

Your boy can show Carbo how to communicate, yeah?

52. Chuck says:

If he was healthy, he’d be starting against the Pens anyway.

53. Mark C says:

Price, Auld, Sanford, and Mayer. That’s the goalie depth chart. I don’t think PG needs to waste his time explaining something so self evident.

54. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Dude, it seems your meds are wearing off.

55. nickster13 says:

I think the Eller and Gionta and Cammi things are very ambitious,ill be happy if they get 60, and lars eller? guy hasnt played 8 games in the nhl yet, but the rest is fine

56. ZepFan2 says:

My buddy has it. Then again, he does have a 6 year old.

————————————————————————–

– Steven Tyler

57. HFX-HabFan says:

It’s all good.  Heck, I went and posted my responses again!

58. samTHEman says:

My guess is only Maxwell is sent down. since Hamrlik is out JM keeps Weber and Picard. I hope Weber plays. I really liked him in the last few games. Seems more confident, faster, wants to be involved in the play and not afraid to shoot from the point. Not too sound defensively but seems more solid than the last years. He’s also faster on his feet than O’Byrne Henry and Gill. I would love to keep him in the line-up untill Markov/Hamrlik are back but it may not be the best idea against the leafs…i think JM will go with subban-spacek, gorges-gill, obyrne-picard for more size and physicality.

I hope to God WHITE plays against the Laffs tomorrow!!!

59. Bugs says:

“One day Carbo will talk”???

Enh?

FAN SUMMIT UPDATE

Cut off dates for HIO deal price at THE NOVATEL HOTEL is today OCT.6th.

Make the call ASAP so not to miss out.   The hotel  number for Novotel reservations is: 1-514-871-2138

NEWS !

Bob Gainey might be joining us this year, I just had an e-mail from his
    daughter Anna, who runs the Gainey Foundation, and she extented the
    invitation to him for me,  I will keep you informed.

Carbo can’t communicate, remember? So even if he decides to spill the beans nobody would get what he’s saying.

62. Bugs says:

So get’em outta the funeral home. A cess-pool of every microbe known to man, what’d you expect?

Flu’s not “goin around”; you’re openin the DOOR to it!

Get in the sun, nice turtle-neck shirt, and the flu won’t know what’s what.

Quite self-satisfied, I smirk as

Sam, You are next in line for the ticket if Bill in N.B. does not take it.

I lost your e-mail, send me another, so I will have yours again please.

64. punkster says:

I want to understand your point, I really do. Thing is, if Carbo knows something that Gauthier isn’t telling us…oh crap, never mind.

65. scrowe21 says:

Great…now Price is gunna start against the p*ssed off Penguins, thats gunna be a good confidence boost.

——–

My spinorama shootout goal with Cammy

66. puck face says:

i’m sure we can borrow Halak for a game.

67. adam76 says:

Plus, smokers are more at risk for the flu.  It is well documented.

68. Bugs says:

So move outta the swamp and put a sweater on, ferpetessakes.

I’m talkin about CIVILIZED people, Jayvee. This is 2010, baby. I haven’t had the flu since 1989!

The flu is for suckers.

The Kid’s makin us look like Mickey Mouse over here!

69. samTHEman says:

1. Who will lead the Canadiens in scoring this season? LARS ELLER
    2. Will the club extend Andrei Markov before the season is up? NO, DURING SUMMER
    3. Will Andrei Kostitsyn be a Montreal Canadien in April? YES
    4. How many points will Benoit Pouliot score this season? 45
    5. Who do you believe is set for a career-year? LARS ELLER
    6. How many goals will Mike Cammalleri and Brian Gionta combine for this season? 77
    7. How many wins will Carey Price get this season? 33
    9. Which player is most likely to have a strong bounce back this season? Lapierre or Halpern? HALPERN
    10. What are your projections for P.K. Subban this year? 18G 25A 100 TURNOVERS :P

70. nunacanadien says:

Emergency goal tender or not, even Gauthier should have known better in a goalie town like Montreal to at least have a plan and let us know what the plan is for the goalies.  Unless they know something big and are not sharing it.  One day Carbo will talk and maybe that will speak volumes regarding some of the very stupid decisions the habs have made of late.  Although we are happy with Gill, Cammy and Gionta, and we have undervalued Gomez.

71. WarHero says:

Sorry :( had to be sure :)

————————————————————————

72. punkster says:

It’s the power of the Almightly Auld they should fear. I swear, he’s our secret weapon. His theme song is Cash’s timeless recording of “I’ve Been Everywhere”. All Hail the Almighty Auld!

Yeah… I’d be stressed if I was going to make 5 mil over the next 2 years. Extremely stressful situation.

74. Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

You’re a prick.

It was a joke, relax.

75. adam76 says:

totally apples to apples – well done!

76. Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

You’re a joke.

I was a prick, relax.

Better?

77. adam76 says:

Much better – if your goal is to b an asshole – you win.

78. Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

Silly adam, NOBODY wins on the internet.

Just trying to give you a dose of your own medicine. That is all.

Carry on with Price-bashing, etc.

79. adam76 says:

It was a joke – people need to relax.

80. habsman-itoba says:

Classic Ricky!

81. newbrunswick troy says:

agreed >>>if you have ever been here in New Brunswick>>>you would for sure want to know why its not called “Old Brunswick” cause we sure are backword!!!!

82. dockturtle says:

horse hockey

83. samTHEman says:

need price’s skate to slash kessel’s achilles tendon loooool

TSN is utterly useless… still have Habs last year’s roster

85. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Hopefully it’s not the bird flu.

86. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Just imagine all the sad laff fans if we beat them without:

Price

Cammy

Markov

Hammer

in the lineup.

87. SeriousFan09 says:

TSN is utterly useless…

Also, water is wet.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

I am very pleased that Auld is between the pipes for the first game. He is a real solid vet and the butterflies will be gone quickly. Price will play the Pens me thinks.

Its been a very long and frustrating summer

89. SmartDog says:

And I just noticed: it gets colder this time of year EVERY YEAR.

LOL

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

90. HabFanSince72 says:

Just imagine us if the Laffs kick our butts.

91. SeriousFan09 says:

Not sold on Auld for this particular game. Leafs are going to come out a full speed trying to hurt our skill players and blow us out to prove that they aren’t a basement team, if any game they are going to play their best it will be opening night against Montreal. Short two Top-4 defenders, our best sniper and our #1 goalie, I think the Habs can win this but I’d rather have Price in nets for it.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

92. SmartDog says:

Good strategy actually.  Komiserik and Pneu will be so confused they won’t know who to cheap shot.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

93. SmartDog says:

Just imagine a terrorist attack on your city.  But why would you?

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

94. HFX-HabFan says:

I like James Mirtle as a writer/blogger; it’s too bad he has to cover the Leafs now.  Anyway, here are his predictions for East for the season:

The Rangers in 6th?  Somehow, I don’t think that Alex Frolov makes them that much better.  Switch us with the Blueshirts, and Mirtle’s picks don’t look that bad.

95. SmartDog says:

It doesn’t look like it but I wish we had White in the line-up.  You’re right, it will be physical.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

But we know they are!! a basement team.! Not to worry, enjoy .

97. derfab says:

Advantage T.O.  The skilled teams and players take a little longer to get in sync. Leafs get to play the dump and chase game in their own building and the Habs will be challenged at this point in the season to make them pay for the inevitable errors and penalties. But that will change in a month.

98. Chuck says:

So… are they going to announce the cuts on the plane, then parachute them into Hamilton while the they circle overhead before landing in Toronto?

99. mrhabby says:

Habs 9th spot. can’t say iam shocked but a bubble team they are on paper.

100. SeriousFan09 says:

This NHL Ian? Any given night any bum team can win, 08-09 the BLue Jackets knocked the Cup Finalist Red Wings 8-2.

I’m sure I’ll enjoy the game, but the Leafs always seem to play with a higher sense of urgency against the Habs than the Habs do against the Leafs in the last few years, they still take the rivalry seriously, Montreal seems to concern itself with their higher-profile rivals like the Bruins and Flyers now.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

101. Say Ash says:

Bet’cha didn’t know that aging is contagious, though…

102. likehoy says:

sounds like it could be part of a team exercise for when they eventually turn their backs on you after you lead them to the ECF! hey yo!

- I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

103. SLONCOLD says:

maybe the team had an idea about the flu hitting the dressing room and figured they might need a few extra bodies.

104. derfab says:

I heard a radio canada dude mistakenly call him AXEL Auld. Kinda dig it. If and when he plays he’ll be fine.

Early games tend to be ugly, K.I.S.S. games, giving T.O. an advantage. But they don’t strike me as a very smart or disciplined bunch. They have a bigger challenge in this sense.  All we have to do beyond the basics is hit Kessel and score a few to win.

105. madcap_habsfan says:

maybe at the end of next year’s camp they won’t be doing any team thing out in the wilderness(as p.k. described it) which can be bad for one’s health at this time of year

-“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” Chuck Palahniuk

106. nick says:

I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

The only consistency on Hab end of season placements over the last few years have all been that they are all wrong. I’d hate for them to start getting it right now.

107. Bryan says:

His West predictions look kind of off.  No way the Ducks finish that low, and no way Calgary’s in 6th.

_______________________________

The Habs are making me Bi-Polar.

108. nick says:

Ok everyone listen up…

If you weren’t issued a parachute when getting on the plane… We’ll see you tomorrow in TO. For the rest of you, please activate your SPOT locater prior to jumping. :P

109. habs youngtimer says:

Auld is horrible. thee’s a reason why he’s played with 9 different teams.

god help us if Price doesn’t pan out.

110. forskis says:

The National Post came out with their NHL preview and predictions today…and they are all over the place:  the Leafs in 9th despite no forwards (according to the Post)…and the Habs in 11th with Pleks and Price falling down to Earth the most (they also say that there isn’t far to fall from 8th place, but Price has the ability to make sure that happens) and they still laugh at Gomez’s cap hit….they are also on the Yzerman GM bandwagon and the Rangers are not making the playoffs.

“I am guilty of using elipses…”

111. deuce6 says:

Not saying we can’t beat the Leafs, but losing Cammy, Markov, Hammer, and now Price, it kinda evens it up a bit, no? lol

Is it wrong to hope that for a change it is one of the leafs top players that won’t make it healthy out of the first game of the season?

113. Bugs says:

Who would you rather go to a KISS concert with, Axel Auld or Corey Price?

114. Danno says:

‘Tis never wrong to wish a pox upon thine enemy.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

115. Say Ash says:

they have a top player?

116. Bugs says:

Totally true. We should schedule a meeting with management to remind’em of that.

So, could you (mmph!) book it, Danno?

(chortle)

Oooh, that one never gets old…

117. Laramy87 says:

Leaf fans have to be the cockiest bunch of ppl in the NHL. If you go onto TSN and read some of the comments about this story, i think all of them read, “Damn now habs have a chance to win” or “Get better Carey, signed leaf fans”. They sure are a certain bunch of ppl, especially with another crap team they have over there. Our speedy forwards are gonna fly by the likes of Phanuef, Komisarek, Beacuchemin and KAberle.

wow i hate leaf fans

118. newbrunswick troy says:

OK…. here i go.. It drives me crazy that we all listen and hang on to every word these(so called goo-roos) ramble on about this week every year!!!!If the Media Greats are all that smart>>(they would still be connected to they day to day operations of some NHL team)  First of all i think we can all honestly say that plus or minus a few teams, the rest of the NHL is so close that nobody can acuratly predict the out come of this 82 game schedual!!!!!

that said i guess it makes for good TV,,,and gets us all boiled up and ready for the season start. But i would just love to see good old Macguire or Mckenzie or Mclean or Kipper sit in front of a camera and compare thier last season garbage picks to how it actualy ended!!!!!!!!

THey all would be eating lots of crow!!!!as they all thought the Leafs would probly win the cup!!!

as they probly all do this year******let the season begin****i,m ok with the habs being underdogs—are you???????????????????????

119. The Teacher says:

LMAO, that was funny.

120. Danno says:

Year after year, they keep paying big bucks to watch them lose. So they’re also suckers. Which makes them the cockiest bunch of suckers around.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

121. rocketsglare says:

I am always amazed of how some fans panic at the thought of playing Toronto. You would think

that the Habs where playing the 1967 version of the Maple Leafs. Well there not! IMO, the Habs

are a better team and if they utilize their speed relentlessly and forecheck aggressively, they will

win. I am confident of this team being able to beat the Leafs tomorrow night.

122. newbrunswick troy says:

I too would like to have Price in net as well….on that note something in my gut says he,s not flu bitten…is it his nerves..or is management playing a media game…or just pretecting him from the first game high exposure????????????????????????????

anyone else got that gut fealing????????maybe Martin has seen something in practice that says “he,s not ready”???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

not to start a rumor though

123. habsman-itoba says:

Trying to pick a top player for the lefts is like trying to decide which is the best: cat crap, dog crap, or horse crap.  One may(?) have it’s merrits, but in the end they’re still all crap.

124. newbrunswick troy says:

not to start a rumor though

125. Say Ash says:

Take off that tin foil hat, dude. The only guy with a gut “fealing” right now is Price.

126. Danno says:

It’s a bit like having to pick between salt and vinegar or jalapeno chips.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

127. PrimeTime says:

….or maybe the kid has the flu. Not to spread rumours but maybe we never landed on the moon; 9/11 was staged to begin a war; Obama runs an Al Queda cell never being a US citizen and all; and Glenn Beck is the next coming of Jesus Christ the Saviour. Why is New Brunswick called New???…what happened to the old Brunswick that the government is hiding??? Interesting questions….hmmm

“People build teams in certain ways. I’ve always traded for futures – not pasts.” – Sam Pollock

The reason we are Hab fans http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=1476

128. LA Loyalist says:

I guess you don’t win The Stanley Cup on the first game of the season, either.

“You don’t win The Stanley Cup in the pre-season — Carey Price”

129. Bugs says:

When DO you win the Stanley Cup anyways? Game 37? 61? 74?

Not sure which, but as long as the Priceberg’s in net for those ones, we’ll be ok!

130. Chuck says:

Are you suggesting that Halak, on top of his god-like goaltending abilities, has some sort of superhuman immune system?

Man, you guys will pick on the kid for ANYTHING, won’t you?

131. shiram says:

Similar posts have already been made hundreds of time here, what do you hope to achieve?>
    The guy has a flu, its not like its something he can control.

132. Bugs says:

You’re three months late, Tony.

Go cry on the curb cuz now, you’re perfectly useless.

133. ZepFan2 says:

LMMFAO @ your idiotic avatar.

So Tony, is this your feminine side?

————————————————————————–

– Steven Tyler

134. Propwash says:

That’s the best you can come up with?

Fail.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

135. krob1000 says:

A flu is out of Price’s control…you know…like a rebound is to Halak.

136. avatar_58 says:

Had they kept Halak and he got sick, we’d still be stuck with Auld. Or are you somehow suggesting they keep both?

137. Mattyleg says:

Tony! I saw your class photo on here the other day. You looked lonely in your Leafs jersey…

—Hope Springs Eternal—

138. habaddict_andy says:

Aah!  The Halak issue.  I’ll see you later dude cause your off the wagon.

Scott Gomez to Montreal Media “You’re a pain in the neck, but you’re our pain in the neck.”

139. SmartDog says:

GREAT post.  That question has been in the back of my mind since Price said that.

When DO you win the Stanley Cup anyways? Game 37? 61? 74?

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

140. notbigbird says:

16 games after the end of the regular season

141. Bugs says:

That’s weird; we played 19 after the end of the regular season last year…

142. Say Ash says:

Umm, that’s never happened.

143. notbigbird says:

Meant to say wins and you know it Malone.  8P

144. notbigbird says:

Now don’t say never. Used to happen in 14 max.

145. Bugs says:

DO I know it, Nottie? DO I?

Mwooa-mwooa-mwooaaha-ha-HAAA!

I think NOT, sir!

146. avatar_58 says:

You know Auld could shock us all and get a shutout.

‘Course I could also win the lottery tomorrow….

147. SLONCOLD says:

uhhh huuuuu

148. Bugs says:

There once was a Kid with the flu

Who contracted it outta the blue.

Some speculate

Twas this matter of fate

That thwarted him year before too.

149. Say Ash says:

Roses are red, violets are blue, no more pretend news, written by you?

150. Propwash says:

Does anyone know if Henry cleared waivers?

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

151. Mark C says:

He did, which is shocking seeing all the love he got on here yesterday.

152. krob1000 says:

Scariest thing about this is the timing….right after the retreat where they were all living in close quarters for days on end….I hope it doesn’t spread to the whole team like other infamous Hab flus…..if it does I am sure it will be Price’s fault too…..

153. Bugs says:

Who ELSE’S fault is it supposed to be? He got it FIRST!

We got our foot in the door to blame him for something, Krobbie; don’t RUIN it for us, man!

154. SLONCOLD says:

well, you can hope but chances are one by one they will all get it…

155. SLONCOLD says:

So do we know the type of flu strain Price has? lol come on boys people get sick, no biggy.

My concern for game one is the powerplay. Pre-season didn’t do a very good job convincing me our powerplay looked all that good; which from what the experts say, it’s a must for us in order to win; with our 5on5 production it’s hard to argue with it.

Now from last year markov seems to be the heart of the powerplay… Until he gets back do we think Subban can caryy / quater back the PP? It will be interesting to see

156. SeriousFan09 says:

Most of the pre-season they were also playing around with that 1 D in the slot, 1 at the point setup and that pretty much didn’t work so they went back to basics against the Isles C squad. I think they’ll stick to the old setup since the team is more familiar with it at least until Markov gets back and they can be a little more adventerous with it.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

157. LA Loyalist says:

Subban will be fine but it may take time. W Subban and Markov our PP will be very hard to defend.

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

158. SmartDog says:

And if no-one else gets it… does that say something?

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

159. SLONCOLD says:

uhm flu = hangover? i kid

160. Aaron13 says:

How many have to be cut from the big team and whom do you speculate?

What’s this about Henry being waived? Didn’t see anything on here about that.

161. HabFanSince72 says:

Henry was waived.

162. Bugs says:

If by “pretend”, you mean “triply verified, doubly confirmed, indisputably factual”, then yes.

But all we’ve ever focused on is the straight dope: hockey.

No “hockey” till tomorrow.

Our first reporter’s in tomorrow.

163. Storm Man says:

One can only wish.

164. christophurrr says:

this place never ceases to amaze me. unreal.

165. Propwash says:

Cool beans. I think he would make a great O’B replacement if necessary.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

166. Mark C says:

Agree, he is a nice player to have waiting in the wings. He is also a great vet for the young players on the farm.

167. Chris F says:

Lets not kid ourselves into thinking Thursday nights game is not important. Brian Burke has told Wilson once again this is their Stanley Cup. Believe it, it’s true. My buddy works for a gym in T.O. and signed up the infamous T.Anselmi- COO of MLSE. This game is everything. It sets the tone for the entire year. The leafs open the year at home, and finish the year at home against us. We need to beat these guys in regulation, period. They have one line, that’s it. The league has given the leafs the easiest Sept schedule, they are at home the entire Christmas holidays, and they play the most teams who are coming off back to back nights, we have to shove it down their throats.

O’Byrne needs to come to play, actually every f***ing player needs to come to play big time, this is all T.O. has, one game, they will be hyping this like it’s game 7. Did anyone notice that idiot KOMI last year standing on the Toronto bench and screaming down the line to tell his mates to take Montreal’s head off!! Where was this after Lucic clobbered him. I wish Shultz was playing so he could flatten KOMI. It really bothers me that our forwards and defence are so small and nobody can fight back when KOMI, Phaneuf, et al start to run our forwards.

Anyway, I just hate the leafs with a passion and hope the players realize how important this game is.

Go Habs Go.

Do you not like the leafs? LOL dude. Let them hype it up. It’s Habs’ game to lose.

169. LA Loyalist says:

Chris F — it’s ok, you’re among friends here – you can let out your true feelings, don’t hold back man, feel the burn.

Like you, I’m very concerned about tomorrow night. Great post.

“You don’t win The Stanley Cup in the first game of the year — Carey Price”

170. HabFanSince72 says:

Antoinette is a spoof of Tony.

WHat a bunch of suckers.

171. avatar_58 says:

Oh for f…..

172. FB says:

That was my thought

173. samTHEman says:

hope he’s gonna be ok and in top shape tomorrow. nothing better than starting the season with a fresh road win against the laffs!! go habs go

174. davecessna says:

SAVE US DAVID AEBI- I MEAN ALEX AULD!!!

175. Rage says:

Does anyone know who the Canadiens’ emergency goaltender is? Is it Groulx?

176. Chuck says:

Hamilton is only a quick (I use that term loosely) drive up the QEW from Toronto.

177. habinypsi says:

Can this team ever be healthy!?!…..bbaaaaahhhhh

178. TOEmastro says:

make him go to the ACC today and lick everything in the home teams dressing room

179. zaq007 says:

Haha nice xD

180. SlovakHab says:

Ok, it was supposed to be a game without Markov.. Then Cammy gets suspended, now Price gets the flu..

What a start of the season.

181. adam76 says:

Hummm – looks like we have our excuses ready for when Price lets in the first three shots.  Interesting timing for the flu.

182. forskis says:

Pfft…if you have zero faith in Price that is your choice but it is nice to see that people always wish the worst for those that they do not favor…but let me guess, Gainey and Gauthier injected Price with the flu bug to protect their draft pick, right?

“I am guilty of using elipses…”

183. RGM says:

Gotta love the optimism of a true fan!

184. Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

Wow…all I can say is wow. Truly pathetic.

185. TomNickle says:

Wow, you’re improving Adam.  Normally you would attribute Price’s flu to a drug or alcohol addiction or that Price acquired the flu from 3 transvestite prostitutes while vacationing in Vegas while the rest of the team was practicing.

186. Lafrich says:

The flu an issue again? Really? Are The Habs a bunch of 76 year old woman?

187. Rage says:

While that is true, both teams ar enot always at home. Thus NHL teams usually carry an emergency goalie contact. I recall a few years back Vancouver had a case where their G was injured in the mornign skate and their farm team was on the east coast so they called up their guy who happeend to be the UBC goaltender. Got to sit on th ebench and as payment got the jersey with his name on it :)

188. adam76 says:

Thanks Tom!  I was actually thinking he got it from playing on a horse all off season, but kept that to myself.