Audio: Price out today with flu; Hamrlik out

AUDIO: Jacques Martin | Alex Auld | P.K. Subban | Ryan White | Dustin Boyd | Alex Picard | Ben Maxwell

1:35 pm update: Habs headed to Quebec City for flight to Toronto. Cuts still unannounced.

11:05 am update: Head coach Jacques Martin is expected to meet the media shortly. He might be announcing the final cuts before the team breaks camp this afternoon and flies to Toronto.

11:25 am update: Martin says he has full confidence in Alex Auld in goal if Price can’t go. Didn’t elaborate on who’s Auld’s backup in event Price is too sick to dress. Roman Hamrlik is definitely out for tomorrow. Cuts will be made by 3 pm league deadline, Martin and Habs GM Pierre Gauthier still pondering roster at this hour.

Canadiens goalie Carey Price is not practising today, the final day of Habs training camp in Clermont, said to be suffering from the flu. The team is hoping he’ll be fit to start tomorrow night against the Toronto Maple Leafs. In the meantime, goaltending coach Pierre Groulx is the second netminder in practice today.

Defenceman Andrei Markov is not practising either, also reportedly with flu-like symptoms. Markov not is not expected back imminently.

1. Bugs says:

You mean, would we rather have a doorstop over a bathplug?

Honestly, what difference does it make?

Quite self-satisfied, I smirk as

2. LA Loyalist says:

If he truly has the flu, it’s serious. Remember our team got really messed up with flu a couple of years ago, as have other teams. He should be isolated.

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

3. likehoy says:

no, cause price needs a veteran back up.

– I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

4. JD_ says:

When Carbo knew what BG told the players, he was saying that it wasn’t before too long that it would be known to the part of the team that already knew the plan. This is why PG took over before Carbo said the decisions were made to have Koivu in the first place. We know this because it is the same as when Jean Ratelle took over the beginning after the coach’s decisions weren’t made public to Vic Hadfield. So, that’s why it won’t work.

5. SLONCOLD says:

good one. lol

6. krob1000 says:

They tried to give Price a flu shot a few weeks back…..it beat him high glove though.

Just kidding…I hope he plays tomorrow

7. Mrhab24 says:

too funny!

8. sidhu says:

As I mentioned on the other thread, the Oilers will not likely carry three goalies so they will have to do something with Jeff Deslariers or Devyn Dubnyk.  Would anyone prefer having homeboy Deslariers as our backup over Alex Bald?

On another note, I’m kinda surprised no one has derisively suggested that Price’s flu = nasty hangover

9. Lafrich says:

Who throws a shoe?

10. ZepFan2 says:

Isn’t it obvious, Bugsy!?

The kid (and ONLY the kid) was signing an autograph from a disgruntled Halak fan. I have proof…Disgruntled Halak fan

And here I thought you had the scoop on all disaster related Habs stuff.

😉

————————————————————————–

– Steven Tyler

11. likehoy says:

it’s great to see timo’s back, but despite his 4 month hiatus, he has not come up with new material…he’s like the blink182 of HIO.

welcome back MAB/fullbreezer/the system!

since price is out with the flu, I’m judging for a 15 game gelling period!

– I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

12. habrez says:

Brian Rafalski is 5’10

Tobias Enstrom 5″10

There are more

13. sidhu says:

hahaha this is the funniest post of the young season… keep it up my friend

14. arcosenate says:

Wow, anyone else feel as confident in Auld as Jacques?

15. habrez says:

Weber is an inch shorter than his fellow countryman Streit and PK. He is also 3 inches taller than Frankie the Bull.

As far as I see it he has been progressing nicely and we could definitely use him on the second unit of the power play with Hamr and Markov being out.

16. Bugs says:

If Auld becomes our bonafide starter at ANY point in the season, I’m burning the Bell Centre down and offering my paella recipe to anyone who brings me Gauthier’s head.

I’ll throw in my carrot-cake recipe if the eyeballs are still intact.

Quite self-satisfied, I smirk as

17. _Habsoloutly_ says:

birthday party, cheesecake, jelly-bean boom!

18. Bugs says:

And the other players signin autographs had latex gloves on?

Quite self-satisfied, I smirk as

19. JasonM says:

My guess was Auld to be our starter by December…. I guess the 1st game of the season was too bold a prediction…

😛

20. Bugs says:

That super-flu tried to get tough with me on Drummond Street last year.

But me and my fall jacket busted it one in the lobanza and sent it back on the first boat returning to Siberia.

Quite self-satisfied, I smirk as

21. ZepFan2 says:

Funny, so do I!

😉

————————————————————————–

– Steven Tyler

22. Oddball says:

I’m sure if you send Pierre a letter with a self enclosed envelope and stamp he will be sure to let you in on all of his plans. It has to be his top priority to make sure someone of your stature is “in the know.” Who knows, he may need your expertise some day on which fabric softener is the best for the game towells or if bottled water is as good as tap water.

..always with the negative waves, Moriarty, always with the negative waves..

23. king ddd says:

i think its a cover up.. price is being traded for halak! :p

.::DON’T MESS WITH THE MOENATOR!::.

24. Don Carnage says:

Stephane Robidas , Marc Andre Bergeron ect ect ect

25. RiverviewCanadien says:

“and I feel fine”

26. ZepFan2 says:

“It’s the end of the World as we know it…”

————————————————————————–

– Steven Tyler

27. ZepFan2 says:

Umm, I don’t know…maybe he’s handlin’ them new fangled thingamajigs called pens that them there young whippersnappers are handin’ him to sign those pesky autographs.

Just a hunch on my part though.

————————————————————————–

– Steven Tyler

28. RiverviewCanadien says:

IMO, it would be best if Price was 1000km away from the team. They are already missing some key players for tomorrow, so I hope nobody else wakes up with the flu in the morning. Price should sit tomorrow, even if he is feeling “ok”.

If Martin has confidence, we ALL should have confidence, in Auld that is.

Eller with Pleks and Andrei, Pouliot with Capt. Gionta and Gomez. Pyatt, Moen, Lapierre, Subban, Gill, Gorges, Spacek, etc

The team is still better without the likes of Markov, Hamrlik, Price, Cammalleri, than the Leafs hands down.

GO HABS GO!

29. pic1983 says:

Theres tons of flu going around right now in the city, and there was a certain “super flu” (what a joke that whole scenario was) that was going around this time last year as well.

30. G-Man says:

Price suffering from the “Toronna” flu? Good start to the season. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

31. pic1983 says:

1. Who will lead the Canadiens in scoring this season? Thomas Plekanec

2. Will the club extend Andrei Markov before the season is up? No, but they should.

3. Will Andrei Kostitsyn be a Montreal Canadien in April? YES

4. How many points will Benoit Pouliot score this season? 50

5. Who do you believe is set for a career-year? Thomas Plekanec

6. How many goals will Mike Cammalleri and Brian Gionta combine for this season? 66

7. How many wins will Carey Price get this season? 35

8. Will the Canadiens make the playoffs, if so in what place will they finish? 6TH

9. Which player is most likely to have a strong bounce back this season? Lapierre or Halpern? Lapierre

10. What are your projections for P.K. Subban this year? 14 G 25 A

32. G-Man says:

Weber is too small for D in the NHL and he’d never score enough for the times he’s muscled off the puck in his own zone.

33. Bugs says:

Surprise, surprise: kids are the breeding-ground for germs. They play in the MUCK, ferpetessakes.

How does that explain what the heck Carey was doin in Charlevoix?

Quite self-satisfied, I smirk as

34. scrowe21 says:

Yes, but not as his first regular season game of the year.

——–

My spinorama shootout goal with Cammy

35. Bugs says:

Maybe he needs to twist up his yapper like your boy Sutter.

The great communicator, right? Builder of champions in Calgary, right?

Your boy can show Carbo how to communicate, yeah?

Quite self-satisfied, I smirk as

36. Chuck says:

If he was healthy, he’d be starting against the Pens anyway.

37. Mark C says:

Price, Auld, Sanford, and Mayer. That’s the goalie depth chart. I don’t think PG needs to waste his time explaining something so self evident.

38. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Dude, it seems your meds are wearing off.

39. nickster13 says:

I think the Eller and Gionta and Cammi things are very ambitious,ill be happy if they get 60, and lars eller? guy hasnt played 8 games in the nhl yet, but the rest is fine

40. ZepFan2 says:

My buddy has it. Then again, he does have a 6 year old.

————————————————————————–

– Steven Tyler

41. HFX-HabFan says:

It’s all good.  Heck, I went and posted my responses again!

42. samTHEman says:

My guess is only Maxwell is sent down. since Hamrlik is out JM keeps Weber and Picard. I hope Weber plays. I really liked him in the last few games. Seems more confident, faster, wants to be involved in the play and not afraid to shoot from the point. Not too sound defensively but seems more solid than the last years. He’s also faster on his feet than O’Byrne Henry and Gill. I would love to keep him in the line-up untill Markov/Hamrlik are back but it may not be the best idea against the leafs…i think JM will go with subban-spacek, gorges-gill, obyrne-picard for more size and physicality.

I hope to God WHITE plays against the Laffs tomorrow!!!

43. Bugs says:

“One day Carbo will talk”???

Enh?

Quite self-satisfied, I smirk as

FAN SUMMIT UPDATE

Cut off dates for HIO deal price at THE NOVATEL HOTEL is today OCT.6th.

Make the call ASAP so not to miss out.   The hotel  number for Novotel reservations is: 1-514-871-2138

NEWS !

Bob Gainey might be joining us this year, I just had an e-mail from his
    daughter Anna, who runs the Gainey Foundation, and she extented the
    invitation to him for me,  I will keep you informed.

Carbo can’t communicate, remember? So even if he decides to spill the beans nobody would get what he’s saying.

46. Bugs says:

So get’em outta the funeral home. A cess-pool of every microbe known to man, what’d you expect?

Flu’s not “goin around”; you’re openin the DOOR to it!

Get in the sun, nice turtle-neck shirt, and the flu won’t know what’s what.

Quite self-satisfied, I smirk as

Sam, You are next in line for the ticket if Bill in N.B. does not take it.

I lost your e-mail, send me another, so I will have yours again please.

48. punkster says:

I want to understand your point, I really do. Thing is, if Carbo knows something that Gauthier isn’t telling us…oh crap, never mind.

49. scrowe21 says:

Great…now Price is gunna start against the p*ssed off Penguins, thats gunna be a good confidence boost.

——–

My spinorama shootout goal with Cammy

50. puck face says:

i’m sure we can borrow Halak for a game.

51. adam76 says:

Plus, smokers are more at risk for the flu.  It is well documented.

52. Bugs says:

So move outta the swamp and put a sweater on, ferpetessakes.

I’m talkin about CIVILIZED people, Jayvee. This is 2010, baby. I haven’t had the flu since 1989!

The flu is for suckers.

The Kid’s makin us look like Mickey Mouse over here!

Quite self-satisfied, I smirk as

53. samTHEman says:

1. Who will lead the Canadiens in scoring this season? LARS ELLER
    2. Will the club extend Andrei Markov before the season is up? NO, DURING SUMMER
    3. Will Andrei Kostitsyn be a Montreal Canadien in April? YES
    4. How many points will Benoit Pouliot score this season? 45
    5. Who do you believe is set for a career-year? LARS ELLER
    6. How many goals will Mike Cammalleri and Brian Gionta combine for this season? 77
    7. How many wins will Carey Price get this season? 33
    9. Which player is most likely to have a strong bounce back this season? Lapierre or Halpern? HALPERN
    10. What are your projections for P.K. Subban this year? 18G 25A 100 TURNOVERS 😛

54. nunacanadien says:

Emergency goal tender or not, even Gauthier should have known better in a goalie town like Montreal to at least have a plan and let us know what the plan is for the goalies.  Unless they know something big and are not sharing it.  One day Carbo will talk and maybe that will speak volumes regarding some of the very stupid decisions the habs have made of late.  Although we are happy with Gill, Cammy and Gionta, and we have undervalued Gomez.

55. WarHero says:

Sorry :( had to be sure :)

————————————————————————

56. punkster says:

It’s the power of the Almightly Auld they should fear. I swear, he’s our secret weapon. His theme song is Cash’s timeless recording of “I’ve Been Everywhere”. All Hail the Almighty Auld!

Yeah… I’d be stressed if I was going to make 5 mil over the next 2 years. Extremely stressful situation.

58. jennifer1984 says:

for real, its going around. (around leaf town anyway, so maybe one of them will catch it)

my mom’s got the flu and my grandpa…..

59. Exit716 says:

If you’re extremely stressed, your immune system becomes weakened.

60. JVSmith says:

Dude, everyone I know has the flu right now, myself included.

61. Bugs says:

Who gets the flu in October? Honestly.

Anyone else get the flu in Charlevoix (or wherever) or just our starting goalie?

Why couldn’t HALPERN get the flu? What the hell?

Put a SCARF on, dummy!

Quite self-satisfied, I smirk as

well… the good thing is that laffs may think the same way… hoping it will be a cakewalk for them. Silly laffs, they underestimate the power of The System.

63. punkster says:

No Carey, no Cammy, no Hammy
    Makes my armpits and hands go all clammy.
    Now the “realists” will shout
    “It looks like a rout”.
    I hope Auld doesn’t play like my grammy.

64. avatar_58 says:

No Hamr, Markov, Cammalleri and maybe Price.

Right. So TV off tomorrow?

65. flanman says:

It’s a little worrying if we have Auld in net behind a defense without markow or hamrlik. I almost wish I wasn’t going to this game now.

66. habinypsi says:

no hammer, price ?, final cuts at 3

67. derfab says:

No worries. Price and the boys are ready. Maybe Gomez and Cammy spiked the punch again.

68. HFX-HabFan says:

Via Stubbs on Twitter, Hamrlik is out for the opener tomorrow night in Toronto.

69. Lafrich says:

1. Plekanec

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. 53 (27g-26a)

5. AK46 35 goals

6. 62 (Cammy 37 – Gionta 25)

7. 35

8. Yes 6th

9. Lapierre

10. 45 points with over 10 goals

70. longtimehabsfan says:

1. Pleks

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. 40

5. Lapierre

6. 65

7. 33 [hahahahahahahaha!]

8. Yes.  6th.

9. Lapierre.

10. 14 Goals; 36 assists.  Second place for the Calder.

71. HFX-HabFan says:

Hey, you already asked this on the other story!

1- We’ll have three guys who will top 70 pts, Cammy will come out on top.

2- Yes

3- Yes

4- 47

5- Eller and Subban…ok, I cheated.  I’ll say Lapierre.

6- 68

7- 33

8- 2nd in the Northeast, 6th in the East

9- Halpern won’t “bounce back” statistically, but he’ll be fine.  I’ll say Laps again.

10- 43 points, All-Rookie Team, Calder finalist, might just win it.

72. WarHero says:

Eric Engels: 10 Questions

1. Who will lead the Canadiens in scoring this season?
    2. Will the club extend Andrei Markov before the season is up?
    3. Will Andrei Kostitsyn be a Montreal Canadien in April?
    4. How many points will Benoit Pouliot score this season?
    5. Who do you believe is set for a career-year?
    7. How many wins will Carey Price get this season?
    8. Will the Canadiens make the playoffs, if so in what place will they finish?
    10. What are your projections for P.K. Subban this year?

————————————————————————

73. HFX-HabFan says:

Ryan White will make the team?  Please?