Audio: Markov, Hamrlik skate with team

AUDIO: Jacques Martin | Andrei Markov | Alex Henry

Word out of beautiful downtown Clermont this morning is that defencemen Andrei Markov and Roman Hamrlik are both practising with the team.

Pat Hickey reports that both were on the ice before their teammates, then stayed out and as these words are being typed are participating in drills with the team.

The Cammalleri hearing is expected this afternoon, and he will not speak to the media until a decision has been announced (one more day of not speaking to the media and poor Cammy will implode).

Lines at practice: Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta; Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn; Moen-Halpern-Eller; Pyatt-Boyd-Lapierre; Darche-Maxwell-White.

Defence pairings: Spacek-Subban; Gorges-Gill; Picard-O’Byrne; Henry-Weber; Markov-Hamrlik.

1. slapshot777 says:

I think that if you spit in my face, the slash to your ankle would be the least of your problems.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

2. Storm Man says:

Krob you post some good stuff on here and I was not taking a shot at you and hope it did not come across that way. I look at a man spitting at another man as a very low disgusting lack of class thing to do. Man up and trade some punches any little boy can spit.

3. krob1000 says:

you do realize I now won’t be able to look a jar of baby food the same after this right? lol …anyways I am done with it…I write novels on here and noone responds…bring up loogies and get all these responses…I just don;t think “spittign” is any worse than a numberof other similarly intended gestures….that was the point….somehow people were implying Cammi would be jsutified if he were spat on….ironically an attmept to decapitate him from his blindside and cammi’s zorro impersonation became less important on the other board when spitting came involved…i just find that weird and always will.

4. Storm Man says:

If my buddy was hitting on someone’s girlfriend it would have been best for him to do nothing. This was not the case her and her friends came over to our table and was talking with us and the guy he spat on is married. Maybe next time gerber man should just walk over and ask what is going on before he walks over like a tough guy when people are sitting and talking smack. It was funny when my friend stood up and the look of fear in that guy’s eyes was off the charts. The long and the short of this topic still stands  if you spit in someone’s face be ready to feel alot of pain.

5. krob1000 says:

same thing happens if buddy throws his rye and coke, or a glass of water at your bud…that is my point.  Just out of curiosity what was he supposed to do? let your buddy hit on his girlfriend because he is bigger or with a group of guys…..the thing he didn’t do ws nothing….that would have been worse to me.

6. Storm Man says:

Krob this is not a tv show by the way….. Someone walking up to another person and spitting at them shows a lack of class and balls for that matter. I go to Vegas every year with 25 or more teammates that I played University football with and one year we are at this club and some little drunk punk walked up to one of my friends and started to name call him because he was talking to a girl he was with so he started talked shit but knew that is all he could do so he spat in my friends face just as the spit hit his face he got his jaw busted with about 5 shots. Spitting away from someone when playing hockey, football, baseball ect it happens all the time. Spit in someone’s face be ready to enjoy the gerber meal plan.

7. krob1000 says:

so to get this straight someone would be eating a Gerber meal plan and would not walk away after spitting on you …and they are a lowlife scum.  what made someone spit in the first place? could they make you eat a gerber meal plan? does that make them lesser because they may not be as big as you?   What kind of person makes someone unable to walk away or eat a Gerber meal plan…one “defending” himself from the vicious loogie that Keith Hernandez fired at Kramer and Newman? I know, I know there was a second spitter….. I think if given the choice of who to get drunk with….I would choose the spitting dude over the violent dude…I just don’t view it like some and it is one of those weird things that I have never got and never will I guess.  PS watch out for those double dippers at the chip bowl too….they are naaaaaaasty….and I think they do it on purpose…some of em anyway….I just know Claude Lemieux and Sean Avery would be both be intentional double dippers…..well maybe not Avery…he is very emphatic about his opinion of double dippers lol I just think the idea itself is kinda silly that’s all…spitting? I can’t count how many times over the years I have been spit on acidentally on rinks, in baseball dugouts, intentionally as a kid, been sneezed on, coughed on,etc….

8. Everlasting1 says:

In some cultures, spitting at someone is a sign of respect. Throwing a shoe? Not so much..

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

9. Bugs says:

(exasperated sigh)

Yes, Evie, I’ll take it upon myself, ok? I decides who gets banned or not over here. That’s my job. Ok?

Good.

Thanks.

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Assistant Head Honcho to what goes down in Chinatown, Big Cheese at Flannelcorp Media, and Lead Copy-boy at Habsbros Hard Data Factory: http://habsbros.blogspot.com

10. krob1000 says:

lol…when we were kids everyone spit at everyone…if you could land a loogie on a someone 10 feet away you were a superstar….if you could land it i=on a pop bottle you could win someones favourite cassette …maybe even one with “parental advisory” on it!  The act itself is enough to incite…but so is throwing a drink in someones face…or a dirty sock….and to me it is on par with that…some people see ith that way and I know I am in the minority on this one but it is just one of those things I never really quite got. It is not like I wouldn’t get pissed if someone spat in my face…but I would get pissed if someone threw water on me too if it ws done maliciously….that is my point…somehow spitting has become this ultra nasty thing…and I just don’t get how it is any nastier than other things that is all.  Some people get more upset at being called one name than another or someone can insult them but not their family,etc….I guess it is whatever riles you….

11. Bugs says:

Because you didn’t see it doesn’t mean that “nobody bothered to explain”, Timo.

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

12. Everlasting1 says:

And you’ll take it upon yourself of what’s deemed too negative? Taking things a little too serious, no? It’s never as bad as the berating that goes on this board by some regulars towards guys like Tony et al.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

13. Bugs says:

Timo, you know I loved you at first. You know that. But you changed, baby.

With what you have learned, I hope you will revise your posting strategy, or we risk losing your uniqueness again, I’m afraid. Which would be a shame, because you are a cool cat.

So enough with the MAB and Breezer sh*te. Wanna be negative, that’s fine, but back it up with proper context, not vicious smarm.

Please.

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

Because I did not see that post by Boone.

15. Bugs says:

Then why does he say he DOESN’T know and that nobody bothered to explain, Avi?

Cuz I wasn’t gonna say nuthin. I was past it.

And then he said that. Soooo..?

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

16. RGM says:

It’s a pretty vile thing to do if you really think about it. It’s one thing if a person accidentally gets a little bit on you when they’re enunciating their special sandwich sauces, but to actually hork one up and let it rip into a person’s face is on a very different level. Try it out with your friends – if you’re getting into it, see which sets them off worse, calling them a jerk or lobbing a loogie in their eye.

You got me. I knew I couldn’t hide it form you. Go Flames Go!!!

18. aemarchand11 says:

Vancouver Fans were happy to let this guy go. He was nicknamed “Hands” for his screwups in his own end, to terrible positioning in the neutral zone and horrible puck control.

I would say that Henry is a poor mans version of O’Brien.. O’Byrne has definitely not had a strong training camp, and I have no problem sending him to waivers or trading him. But we dont need O’Brien, Henry can play that role, and he was the Bulldogs’ Captain so he doesnt have the off ice issues.

Go Habs Go! 2010-2011

19. avatar_58 says:

Bugs, the man knows why he was banned. Can’t we just get beyond it like adults?

20. Storm Man says:

Intentional or not no way in hell would someone just walk away after spitting on me… Only a low life scum would ever spit on someone.

21. Bugs says:

What are you talking about, “nobody bothered to explain”? Boonie explained it CLEARLY day before yesterday, no? He said he came on the site one night and saw more of your smarmy negativeness and decided he’d had enough.

Personally, I totally agreed with his assessment.

I mean, how many times must we hear the same tired “let’s get MAB; let’s get the Breezer because the team sucks” garbage? On and on and on, oh, it’s so clever.

I think your negativity may be DISGUISED as tongue-in-cheek, Timo, but it is actually quite vicious. I think you’re a Calgary Flame troll. And I think if you were REALLY one of us, you’d’ve been more offended to have been banned than you’ve shown so far. But I don’t think you’re here for that. I think you’re just here to say “the Habs suck, haw-haw!, maybe MAB and the Breezer can help you!”. Folks who do that?

THEY come back to sites they’ve been banned from.

Other than that, I agree that you’re an ok guy.

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

22. rocketsglare says:

Good to see Hamrlik and Markov skating with the team and even taking part in some

drills. Hamrlik without a doubt is much closer to coming back.

Hope Cammalleri gets no suspension.

23. Storm Man says:

If anyone spat on me he would be on the Gerber meal plan for around 3 months.