Audio: Markov, Hamrlik skate with team

AUDIO: Jacques Martin | Andrei Markov | Alex Henry

Word out of beautiful downtown Clermont this morning is that defencemen Andrei Markov and Roman Hamrlik are both practising with the team.

Pat Hickey reports that both were on the ice before their teammates, then stayed out and as these words are being typed are participating in drills with the team.

The Cammalleri hearing is expected this afternoon, and he will not speak to the media until a decision has been announced (one more day of not speaking to the media and poor Cammy will implode).

Lines at practice: Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta; Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn; Moen-Halpern-Eller; Pyatt-Boyd-Lapierre; Darche-Maxwell-White.

Defence pairings: Spacek-Subban; Gorges-Gill; Picard-O’Byrne; Henry-Weber; Markov-Hamrlik.

1. Storm Man says:

Im with you on this move Mike. O’Brien brings the jam that this year’s team need’s so players like Cammy don’t need to be a lumberjack.

2. HFX-HabFan says:

Grabner was viewed as potential top ten pick in what was a very strong 2006 draft class.  Vancouver seemed to just never really give him a shot, and now the Panthers are letting him go (I thought they won the Ballard trade but if they’re giving up on Grabner I’ll have to rethink that).

3. SeriousFan09 says:

PHI’s roster was simply too deep at forward to accomodate Guerin, it was fine in PIT when they were desperate for any winger who could skate and handle the puck at the same time but Guerin’s going to have trouble finding work unfortunately with so many teams looking at the cap ceiling or simply trying to avoid spending $.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

4. mike g says:

Sorry, maybe it’s just me…

I really hate O’Byrne, he sucks hard.

+1 for you!!

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

Wow! wonder who will give him a contract.? How old is he now? He was a great player in his prime. To expensive for little ice time.

Timo, don’t forget to wear your rain coat so we will recognise you at the Summit this year.

7. andrewberkshire says:

Last year O’Byrne and O’Brien had pretty much identical PIMs, however O’Byrne outhit O’Brien 119-112 even though he played 10 fewer games than O’Brien. O’Byrne also blocked DOUBLE the amount of shots.

Sorry Mike, but what you’re doing is a classic ‘grass is greener on the other side’ move, and by all measurable attributes O’Byrne is already a better defenseman than O’Brien.

I watched a lot of Vancouver games last year, and O’Brien was a ***ing train wreck in nearly all of them. I’d take O’Byrne over him any day of the week.

8. likehoy says:

it’s actually taken as a physical attack in europe…to be spat at.

i think it’s just generally disgusting…and the worst offence if you are a carrier of a disease that can render you dysfunctional…or you’re aiming to spit in your opponent’s mouth and hope to give him meningitis.

spitting may be the most cruel attempts at destroying someone.

- I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

crap and some…

10. Mark C says:

Very surprised that FLA has placed Grabner on waivers. That being said, this is exactly the type of player Montreal should put a claim in for. Grabner has the right kind of skill and skating ability to possibly fit in Montreal’s top-six, if Benny or AK46 fail. Unless something is really wrong with Grabner, he should be claimed by some team, I just hope that team is Montreal.

11. CERF says:

OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Kadri was sent down to the AHL from the laffs! they are for sure not going to win the cup this year …

12. Storm Man says:

Krob you post some good stuff on here and I was not taking a shot at you and hope it did not come across that way. I look at a man spitting at another man as a very low disgusting lack of class thing to do. Man up and trade some punches any little boy can spit.

13. mike g says:

Hmmm….

O’byrne isn’t a fast skater, and if you ask me they have the same kating speed.

I’ll tell you what, Ryan O’B is doing sweet f-uk all in MTL right now, and hasn’t for a long period of time. So Shane is an upgrade IMO because he will at least bring physical play and toughness.

All I’m saying is if they’re both gonna suck, I’d rather have one guy throwing around body checks than the other taking delay of game penalities.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

14. HFX-HabFan says:

Earlier today, I saw a comparison of number of Cup rings amongst NHL teams (we have 5 on our team) on Twitter, and it let me to look at something else, leading to our interesting fact of the day:

We have 17 players who participated in the World Junior Championships:  Markov, Cammy, Pleks, PK, Gio, Gomez, Price, Spacek, AK, Hammer, Gorges, Eller, Boyd, Pouliot, Pyatt, Auld, and Weber.

That’s a pretty high total, and it doesn’t include prospects like MaxPac, Kristo, and (assuming he makes it this year) Leblanc.  It would be interesting to see how other teams compare.

15. Danno says:

Hi Timo! Welcome back!

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

16. SeriousFan09 says:

If he needs Markov to be effective, it’s time to look elsewhere because Markov can make anyone look good, hell Komisarek is now the most highly-paid 10-point defencemen the NHL’s ever had I think.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

17. habaddict_andy says:

Last game, AK showed some flashes of goodness throughout the game.  He seemed to be happy to be back with Cammy and Pleks.  Hopefully this will continue through the season.

Scott Gomez to Montreal Media “You’re a pain in the neck, but you’re our pain in the neck.”

18. mrhabby says:

welcome back. heard the calgary summer was crap.

19. krob1000 says:

Never understood the whole spitting thing….what is so bad about spittting? Heck I know several people who spit at me everytime they talk…why is spitting considered such a terrible thing? is it any worse than a simple name calling? Someone tell me why this is such a despicalbe act or conidered one cause I don’t get it …sure it is ignorant but is it any more ignorant then throwing up a middle finger at someone? If we are concerned about disease implications then someone not covering when they sneeze or cough should be just as bad…can you cough in someones general direction when you are pissed? someone help me on the spitting thing please….is this like sptting bylaws where it stems from back in the days when everyone had chewing tobacco in their mouths??

20. FSUPhi1584 says:

Sounds like the Zidane situation

21. Rugger says:

Welcome back

Neither do I and nobody bothered to explain. Anyway… it’s all in the past. Quite frankly I don’t give rat’s a**.