Audio: Ill Cammalleri out; Auld might start

AUDIO: Jacques Martin | Jaroslav Spacek | Scott Gomez | Brian Gionta | Mathieu Darche on Wisniewski | Lars Eller 1 | Lars Eller 2

Michael Cammalleri, still suffering from a flu bug or a gastrointestinal problem, was not at Canadiens practice this morning and will not be on the team’s charter this afternoon to New York for tomorrow night’s game against the Rangers. His status remains unclear for Wednesday’s Bell Centre game against Pittsburgh.

This has paved the way for the return to the lineup of Lars Eller, who’s been a healthy scratch the past three games. Eller practised today in Cammalleri’s spot, with Tomas Plekanec and Andrei Kostitsyn. I asked Eller after practice whether he thought he felt he had something to prove against the Rangers and he replied, “I have something to prove every game. I want to make a statement every game.”

Head coach Jacques Martin said that, with two games in two night in different cities, “don’t be surprised” to see backup goalie Alex Auld in the nets for one of the two.

Stubbs’s live updates on Twitter were here.

1. Bugs says:

Yes, Mikey, I KNOW that AK has been doggin it, or “doing nothing” as you say. But even while “doing nothing”, he’s put up more points than Eller.

It’s just business. In a top 6 spot, a non-working producer is more valuable to the team than a hard-working non-producer. Same argument as always.

We have now come full circle. Go back to 1st post, please.

Happy New Year, signed

L. Bugs Potter, esq., Herzog of ze Abominable Habsuchtig Brigade, Markgraf of ze Fearsome Flanell Flausen Flank, und devoted minion of ze Habsbros Order: http://habsbros.blogspot.com

2. mike g says:

Well then screw the dang stats with AK!!!! With our own eyes weve seen that hes done nothing for 2 consecutive months now, as usual!! So whats your argument now?? With our eyes weve seen Eller work hard and AK not. Screw the stats once again, and id still rather have the hard worker than AK…

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

3. Bugs says:

I liked Guy Lafleur’s razzle-dazzle too. Doesn’t mean I want him patrolling the top line now.

Teach, don’t wanna seem rude, but if you don’t cancel the puerility, I fear I’ll have no more time for you.

Happy New Year, signed

4. Bugs says:

Halak is a num1 goalie first of all, but nevermind that; you’re changing your story, Berkie. Changing your criterias au fur et à mesure that I poke holes through’em. That’s cheating. You said 23rd in sv% is worth Eller. Miller is 22nd; ergo worth Eller too.

Is it now your position that to be 22nd in sv% in the League is ok if you have a Vezina? And if Ryan hadn’t won it, the Sabres wouldn’t’ve gotten more than Eller in a trade either? C’mon.

Screw the dang stats, Berkie, and how ’bout we go with what we see with our own eyes instead?

Happy New Year, signed

5. _Habsoloutly_ says:

tabernouche

6. VancouverHab says:

None interpreted — he was a handy example for how most (non-Subban) rookies talk ;–)

7. Bugs says:

Sorry, Teach, you’ve already failed. You’ve just admitted that your criticism towards me was relevant right up to the point where it wasn’t.

Rhetorical suicide, I’m afraid.

Happy New Year, signed

8. Bugs says:

(sigh)

Yes, Abso, that’s what I’m saying. I’m saying that “we should just do away with youngsters in the game altogether and stick with overpaid veterans who are invisible more often than they perform.”

That’s EXACTLY what I’m saying when I said that “Eller has done jack-all for us.” Yes. It may have SEEMED to be only applicable to Eller but indeed, it was a wholly illogical generalization towards ALL players I was making instead. You have picked your way to the heart of that statement, Abso. That’s what I was saying. Yes.

Well done.

Say, that should be an easier argument to counter than the specific one I disguised that wholly illogical argument in, no? And how you sniffed it out, wow, amazing. I say well done again, sir.

Happy New Year, signed

9. The Teacher says:

Ribble-Rabble blah blah blah, foot in your mouth?

You liked Kovalev, I am under no delusions as to your hockey philosophy. You clearly like rizzle and dazzle even if it has no substance whatsoever.

10. The Teacher says:

LMAO, don’t let the facts get in the way of a good hate-on.;)

11. The Teacher says:

You and I both know Subban is in a completely different category…..

Give it another try, why don’t you 😉

12. andrewberkshire says:

Ryan Miller has a Vezina trophy in his closet and is a proven #1 goaltender. What’s Halak again?

13. Bugs says:

Yes, yes, and rather this and rather that over rather such and rather not and if I say this, it means I mean that, and everything else you can come up with to get away from the fact that AK has put 23 pts with a thumb up his butt over hard-working Eller who’s put up 6.

That means, that I am alllll about laziness and stinking and I want players who want to lose all the time and who hate Jesus, yes, Mikey, that’s what that means. Indeed.., sir, “you got it.”

(sigh)

Happy New Year, signed

14. andrewberkshire says:

I’d say he’s more than fair value for a goalie with the 23rd best save% in the NHL.

15. Bugs says:

Well, considering Ryan Miller is 22nd, maybe we could get him for Andrew Conboy.

Right? According to your value chart, yes?

Happy New Year, signed

16. _Habsoloutly_ says:

“instead of basing our faith on certain prognosticators’ ability to see “the great future” that Eller represents.”

So whats your point? No more drafting or trading for draft picks?  According to you we should just do away with youngsters in the game all-together and stick with overpaid veterans who are invisible more often than they perform?  Utter nonsense varmint.

17. Psycho29 says:

I did not know that….I guess getting only 3 or 4 starts by January 1st would have made him even more unhappy!

18. andrewberkshire says:

19. mike g says:

Ok, so use that logic, fine..

I guess that means you’d rather have Loui Eriksson on your team instead of Ovechkin, Staal, Kopitar, Getzlaf, Backstrom, Heatley, Nash, Toews, Kane and Malkin.

Because Loui is leading all of those players in point production this year.

Or you’d rather have the Wiz on our team instead of Shea Webber and Keith, because the Wiz also has more points than them…

That’s a terrible way of operating a business. Terrible strategy.

Points is not the way to evaluate a player.

Claude Giroux had 27 points 2 years ago playing constantly on the 3rd line. And I’m guessing if you were in charge of the Flyers, you would’ve kept Simon Gagne on the team instead of moving up Giroux and watching him blossom into an excellent player, simply judging by Gagne’s point totals compared to those of Giroux…

Ok, got ya..

Now I know why you favor the lazy AK with no heart over a young player like Eller who cares.

Got it….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

20. Bugs says:

Oh, it’s just you, Teach. Or else I woulda said the same about Soobie.

Good. I’m done with this witness, Your Honor.

Happy New Year, signed

21. JF says:

Unfortunately we haven’t played well at Madison Square Gardens in recent years.  I believe our last victory there goes back to the game two years ago when Robert Lang scored a hat trick.  We lost both our games there last season, one of them 6-2 after taking a 2-0 lead in the first period.

22. NoTinFoilCups says:

You make good points. #2 especially. If we take both games against them this week we could leapfrog them in the standings.

23. Bugs says:

Nonsense.

Gomie has as many goals as Eller has pts. Gomie cannot be sent down to the minors like Eller can. We saw Gomie perform when it was all on the line WITH OUR OWN EYES instead of basing our faith on certain prognosticators’ ability to see “the great future” that Eller represents.

Yes, Abso, how…hypocritical indeed.

(shakes head) Spare us the melodrama, mate.

Happy New Year, signed

24. JSP1990 says:

All of you are right. Regher is a heck of a d-man. I didn’t think about Hammer’s contract being up. In that case let’s get this done! I know he’s solid, I try to watch as much Western hockey as I can, And you guys are right. He would be a great replacement. But what do we have to give up to get him?

25. shiram says:

I meant no disrespect to Eller, the example is him because I only listened to his audio files on here.

26. The Teacher says:

Hey, I agree with you pretty much, I’m just saying a prospect report or article on him from last year doesn’t really speak to much.

The 40 games we have seen him play til now IS a good comparison point and I agree that he has played very well and is showing much more inititative offensively lately and deserves a look on the top 2 lines.

27. Bugs says:

Forgive me, Krobbie, but I have NO idea what you’re saying. Could I ask you to construct a proper sentence, please?
    Happy New Year, signed

28. The Teacher says:

How about the intangibles regarding their ages, salary and experience, lol.

29. VancouverHab says:

Well said.

Perhaps when Eller is a grizzled veteran he’ll be lively in interviews.