Audio: Habs upbeat after huge win, fun practice

The Canadiens had a lively, fun Bell Centre practice today, a laugh-a-minute exercise following their stunning 6-5 shootout victory over the New York Rangers on Tuesday night.

There will be plenty of serious business Thursday at home against the Pittsburgh Penguins, but there was lightness on the ice and in the dressing room today.

Listen to Michael Ryder discussing his two and almost three goals;

Christopher Higgins, who got his kicks years ago as a squirt player coming back from a 5-1 deficit to win, then rubbing it in as the other team sobbed in defeat (tsk, tsk, Chris…);

Head coach Guy Carbonneau looks back, and looks ahead, in both official languages.

And don’t miss Gazette photographer John Mahoney’s terrific photo gallery from the practice.

1. WestHab says:

I know I’m a little behind but I just got back from Montreal.
    I was lucky enough to see the ranger Game. I guess a lot has been said about the comback. I’d just like to say that the crowd really got buzzing after Komi’s fight, which took place just below me. I never had so much fun. My son the Flames fan even got all caught up in the “GO HABS GO”.

I just wanted to get something in before they drop the puck with the pens tonight, in about 5 minutes.

Thanks Montreal

2. NightRyder says:

Yeah, Atlanta wants a pair of free agents to be in exchange for Hossa.

3. hhl says:

hossa would be a nice addition,i think he could renew his career in mtl,sundin would be more expensive,poss much harder to trade for,but, i like sundin s commitment alot better.n is more aggressive.give kovy a dance partner like sundin,instead of hossa.then again hossa could play with koivu, maybe.no tanguay though,not a big goal scorer. id much rather keep ryder.

4. doug says:

i think people are making stuff up. responsible journalists are repeating exactly what gainey said, but acting like they have a scoop. the rest are just making stuff up. i’ll believe it when i see it.

it does legitimize my decision to stay up until 1 a.m. surfing the web for updated habs news, though. last night is still in my blood! can’t get rid of the adrenaline.

5. stephen says:

I know you have to give to get, but I’d hate to part with Streit.

As for the article, it’s hard to believe something like that would be leaked. Seems a bit irresponsible, no?

Strange days. Strange days, indeed…

6. Chuck says:

16 points in 5 games… tell me that he doesn’t want to be part of a Stanley Cup run!

______________________________________
    “All bow down before the Komisaurus Rex!”

7. doug says:

thanks for the tip. . . not sure if it’s true. story says in return for streit and ryder. . . wonder what that would do to our power play if true. streit’s been important component. on other hand we’d have two scoring lines (finally), assuming hossa could step it up and play like he has in the past. . . pretty bad year this year (only ~53 points i think). fair trade, though, no doubt about that, and we’d keep higgins which is my worst fear.

8. Wayne says:

Great! Caught a bit of TSN’s OTR today (while trying to avoid looking at Landsberg, sheesh :) if Tussaud’s had to do his mug, they’d simply run out of wax) anyway, they had a lively round up on last night’s and trades etc. I was struck by one guest’s take on why the Habs shouldn’t really worry at this point because they were one of the deepest franchises out there. I knew we were fairly deep, but I see us a still building. That statement made me wonder just how shallow or arid (besides TO at the moment) some teams really are.

9. borchate says:

Ok everyone, Hossa is coming to montreal..cyberpresse is reporting that equipement and jerseys for hossa have been ordered in the evening so that it would be ready for tomorrow’s game !!!!!!!!!

a-w-e-s-o-m-e

10. moscha says:

I felt so good for the team after the game that I can now say….I BELEIVE! I felt so good I actually felt bad for Leafs fans, thats how well I feel about the team today.

11. habby_kimchi_guy says:

I haven’t felt this good about the Habs in a long time. One can imagine what they’ll be like when all their ytoung d-man from the farm are ready to make the leap.

12. RS says:

Bulldogs win again. Grabovski with 1 G and 2A, giving him 16 points in the last five games. Locke had 3A. Halak stopped 25 of 26 stops. Chipchura got the empty-netter and had a scrap.

13. Naila Jinnah says:

Thanks for the extensive audio, Dave.

MUCH appreciated. Honestly, that and the photo gallery are my favourite part of the site.

So thanks :)