Audio: Habs prospect Leblanc looks ahead

Montreal Juniors’ Louis Leblanc was introduced today as a new member of the QMJHL club.
Marie-France Coallier, Gazette

UPDATE: Leblanc enrols in school of hockey: Stubbs

In many ways, Louis Leblanc is the face of the Montreal Juniors of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.

The Canadiens’ first-round selection in the 2009 entry draft, 18th overall, left Harvard on July 30 after one season of collegiate hockey and has moved to the Q.

Today, a few days after having opened eyes in Newfoundland at a world junior evaluation camp, Leblanc was one of a handful of new Juniors introduced at a Montreal news conference.

Leblanc spoke optimistically and eagerly about the season to come, and hopes he’ll be around the Canadiens’ pro camp long enough to see action in an exhibition game or two.

He’ll participate in the rookie camp that precedes the main camp in mid-September.

Here’s audio of an interview with Leblanc. And here’s where you can learn more about the team.

• Want to see Leblanc in an earlier sporting life? See below.

Louis Leblanc in 2002 as a member of the Lakeshore Cougars, competing in the North Shore Football League finals.
Gazette files, André Forget

1. Bill J says:

Uhm

The acronym after all stands for HABS INSIDE OUT can’t be much clearer then that Cat.

Yes we talk about other topics here, but from a HABS fan perspective, otherwise why bother ?

2. Bill J says:

Judging by joeybarrie’s reply – once again you prove yourself to be not much of an observer.

LOL

3. joeybarrie says:

No they are not. Watching the game now.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

4. twocents says:

Generals gathered in their masses?!?

5. The Cat says:

Sometimes a smurf isnt a smurf. Interesting fact about Napoleon is that he was 5’7 and during his time, he was average height, if not slightly above it. So when you hear about Napoleon complex (short man with chip on his shoulder) it really is based out of nothing for Napoleon could not be complexed about his height.

6. The Cat says:

Nice touch. RDS should be televising this instead of tennis.

7. saskhabfan says:

Yeah but he is statistically a smurf according to your standards. He also never scored more then 4 goals in a nhl season. Or is this the part where you say he was an acception to the homerbowen rule of what is considered a smurf?

Leafstv “telling their fans they deserve to win for over 40 years”

8. The Cat says:

Good story man.

9. observer says:

Andre Dawson night in Washington tonight. Washington Nationals are wearing Montreal Expos uniforms for this game.

10. The Cat says:

Thats an 11 minutes with high impact though, thats why you dont see football teams play doubleheaders.

11. homerbowen says:

When Gerry James finished pro hockey he played in the Canadian Senior Hockey League for the Yorkton, Sask team. He was one tough dude as were his team mates. Kinda reminded me of the Broadstreet bullies. He was very tough but very talented as well. I can’t remember the year, early 70’s I think where they played the St Boniface Mohawks (Manitoba) and a huge brawl was started by Yorkton at the drop of the puck. Poor Mohawks were terribly intimidated by Yorkton, similar to the Flyers intimidating the Laffs for so many years.

12. TorontoHabsFan says:

Beats NFL football, there’s only 11 minutes of action in an average game.

13. observer says:

43 days until first pre-season game –           http://www.nhl.com/ice/scores.htm?date=09%2F22%2F2010

14. madcap_habsfan says:

sounds like you know something we don’t :) care to share ?

15. The Cat says:

You know I thought about this. HIO is not an exclusive fan club for habs fans. The moderators here put links that concern other teams as well. People got to stop trying to impose a ‘Stepford Wives’ mentality on here.

16. Just A Guy says:

lol I love the comment about baseball, oen of my coworkers told me once that in a 3 hour ball game the ball was in play for something like 17 minutes. Must be tough standing around and getting payed large sums of cash.

17. fun police says:

this is a habs forum where we talk (obsess) about hab players.  What site do you think you are on?  what else are people going to comment about on here.  i don’t understand it when people complain about posters on a fan website.

18. The Cat says:

Thats impressive about Gerry James, hockey and football both very tough. Baseball not so much, counts as half a sport really.

19. Just A Guy says:

Good times indeed, I used to play for the Cougars. Good times mixed
    with bad times, pretty much every other year when age groups would
    progess. Got to hand it to the north shore system though, they had 9
    teams in a 10 team league turn into north shore team from I think it was
    bantam to midget, I get the age groups mixed up nowadays, its been too
    long. At any rate the kirkland cougars turned into the lakeshore cougars
    without any type of bottle-necking. By the end of my days at Lakeshore I
    was playing halfback (wasnt fast enough to be a tail back, but lacked
    the size to be a fullback so we went with 2 HB’s), OLB and every special
    team.

I’ve always been looking to share this story with someone, it never seems to come up, but thanks for letting me remember about my QB, Kristen Pipe. I played with him throughout my years in the Cougar football teams.

20. thebigguy says:

Examples? I know it feels good to make these claims, but I’ve yet to see a poster, at least seriously, pretend that Leblanc is anything more than a good prospect.

21. observer says:

Not any 2 major or pro league sports players lately. Deion Sanders with the Atlanta Braves and Atlanta Falcons one of the last. Longtime ago in NHL Leafs had Gerry James playing for them and he also played for the Grey Cup champions Winnipeg at the same time.

22. SeriousFan09 says:

As the war machine keeps turning.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

23. K-hab25 says:

In the fields the bodies burning

24. db says:

aka 3 days before Price signs, you heard it here first because i just made it up….  at least im honest

25. Say Ash says:

He’s the Sedins’ fraternal twin.

26. Say Ash says:

That football picture brought back memories of playing for Westpark. We used to kick Lakeshore’s butt.

27. punkster says:

Too many good suggestions from the commentariat below for me to feel the need to add anything. Just wanted to see my avatar and name on this page. So, rant, rant, complain, complain, whine, whine, blah-blah-blah.

My work here is done.

FREE TIMO!

28. upintheblues says:

I don’t know about the business reasons, but he clearly needs to get a new family.  There are plenty of nice ones here in Montreal he could join.

29. ooder says:

man u think that’s annoying and pretentious?

have u missed his Bobo (Bob Gainey) comments

——————

88 is the new 23

30. mbplekfan says:

Are people’s heads getting larger? Will we see large headed freaks in the future?

31. GrimJim says:

Ian, I don’t think the Habs have announced it yet but the regular season starts Oct.7 and the CBA states that training camps can only be 20 days long, so by my likely faulty math the earliest training camp could start would be Sept. 17. That would make sense since the first pre-season game is scheduled for Sept 22. Last year main camp started Saturday with rookie camp starting the previous Monday. If the team follows suit this year my guess would be rookie camp would start with physicals Sept. 13 and main camp physicals would be Sept. 18.

But I’m just guessing…

32. mbplekfan says:

All the teams that drafted higher than the habs that year made a tragic mistake by letting him go. According to some posters he should have been the consensus #1 pick that year.

33. Storm Man says:

No No No…….. Xtrahabsfan has nothing on Triplex. He has both Tony242 and xtrahabsfan beat in this years rankings for the HIO IDIOT.