Audio: Gomez making trip, Price vs. Wings

AUDIO: Jacques Martin | Scott Gomez | Travis Moen | Yannick Weber

Highlights from a day that was off-ice only, the team chartering out at 3 pm for Windsor:

Scott Gomez will make the trip. Jacques Martin says the centreman is improving and a decision will be made tomorrow on his status. Gomez said, in several different ways, that it’s lower-body, and joked that he has a large lower body. Said he was struck by a leg.

Carey Price gets the start in goal vs. Detroit. Martin will then consider who he plays vs. Toronto.

1. Keith says:

That’s funny, the Roger’s rep knocked on my door two seconds after I arrived and asked me if I had any issues and I told him I was switching to Fiber Op. Roger’s tv sucks.

2. andrewberkshire says:

I’m not sure how many people know about this website, I’ve known about it for years and it’s always good for a laugh. Check it out:

3. SeriousFan09 says:

Not quite free and clear yet, still on contract for my cell but that ends next month and I’ll be glad to end that as well.

4. J Haul says:

I’ve had Bell Sympatico or years without any issues. Meanwhile, friends that have rogers cable internet are always complaining… go figure.

5. andrewberkshire says:

Congratulations for ridding your life of that company. I made the move 5 years ago, never looked back.

6. andrewberkshire says:

I find it hard to hate the Loafs. Its similar to the guy you hated most in highschool, and you see him homeless and addicted to drugs on the side of the road. You can’t hate that guy anymore, you can only feel sorry for him.

7. Somethingwithhabsinit says:

Oh dude, you blew it! That deal was WAY in our favour! Quick call him back and tell him he can keep the Expos, as long as he throws in a Langway jersey. Also, Albert Haynesworth has to come up here and give me a high-five.

8. SeriousFan09 says:

And I say goodbye, good riddance to Bell Internet as of today.

Wonder of Effin’ wonders, I can watch Highlight videos on NHL.com again.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

Minnesota’s Clayton Stoner is on the injury list.  This isn’t exactly breaking news, I just love the guy’s name.

There’s no truth to the rumour that this was also the headmaster’s nickname when he was a university student.

10. andrewberkshire says:

Justin, players don’t need to say anything for impressions to be made. Weeks before Carbo was fired people who were in the dressing room were saying the players didn’t seem to understand him, and there were no quotes about lack of communication until he was fired. Being around the players every day like Stubbs and Hickey are, they can see when there are divisions even if things aren’t said. It’s like when you know a friend is mad at you and they haven’t said anything about it. I would trust Stubbs’s instincts on the matter more than any conflated report from RDS. But as you said, I’m not arguing with you because you don’t believe there are divisions in the room anyway. Just clarifying my position.

11. ctony says:

Thanks.  If Henrik gets 100 with 10 goals it would half of Thornton, least ever.  Wow.

12. habsfanonthewestcoast says:

nooooooooooooo!

13. punkster says:

Way more fun than anything you folks are dicsussing…Loafs versus Filthy tonight on TSN.

• The two teams I hate the most facing off in a battle of the…well, of the two teams I hate the most. I can’t think of any better entertainment for an off night like this that doesn’t involve hookers, blow and…no wait!
    • The return of Plan9…er Phaneuf…From Outer Space. As per the TSN site, he “is ready to come down from the press box and start helping the Toronto Maple Leafs.” Now it may just be me but that sounds a whole lot like they’re expecting the second coming of some deity or other who will descend to earth and lead them to the promised land. Or is it that Plan9 really is an alien from out there (wooooowooo) in the nether regions of the universe. That cowlick in his hair? It hides a horn.
    • Oh, and I await with breathless anticipation the appearance of that rough and tumble, rock ‘em sock ‘em, never-back-down, Mike Komisaurus. After the incredible display of fisticuffs he put on last night having both he and Plan9 in the lineup gives the Loafs that level of truculence they’ll need to match the Filthy.

Should be a great tilt folks. I’m calling Filthy by a converted touchdown.

14. J_P says:

THN did an article on the top-10 lowest goal scoring 100 point players a few weeks back.

15. otter649 says:

Doesn’t a writer of Habs Inside/Out have a bet with Rick Moffatt – Habs play by play announcer on CJAD800 where Moffatt took Price & the writer who I can’t remember took Halak on whose stats will be better at the end of the season………

16. Psycho29 says:

Just reading about the Sharks-Flyer game last night, saw that Mike Richards scored to win the game as time ran out only to have it refused because the buzzer went before the puck crossed the line….Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy…..or team!

Then the Sharks won the game in the shootout…..Now that’s priceless….

17. habsruleworld says:

TSN’s Cullen, talking about Max Pacioretty making the jump to the NHL this year.

Some good words of support for Max Pac, in this article

Go Max Go

18. RiverviewCanadien says:

Never said it was the truth Andrew. What happened between Pleks and PK did not look playful, when Lapierre stepped in, he and Subban started playing, if you will.

And really, if the room was “divided” (which I don’t think it is), but if the vets on the team really had a beef with PK, do you honestly think they would tell any media persons? The players on this team know how the media blows everything up, they respect each other and to me, that is something they would keep among themselves. So Stubbs can say what he wants, but even HE is not privy to EVERYTHING.

19. Mark C says:

Thanks for posting that. I was just looking at his numbers; Max-Pac now has 15 goals in his past 19 games! This is more than just a hot streak. His shot totals have sky rocketed this season (4.8 shots per game) and his shooting % is sustainable at 12.5%, I think Max’s game has turned a corner and he has legit top-6 potential. I really hope Max isn’t dealt this season. I’ve long been a believer in his overall game, but this season he is finally scoring goals.

20. ctony says:

Price shaved his ‘stache.  That could have been an idiotic senseless risk. He assumed he could win without one.  Despite his struggles without one last season.  I heard Plecs changes his turtle neck after wins and losses.  scary….

21. LA Loyalist says:

We actually met Boudreau when Caps were here practicing to play Kings last Christmas, he was pretty friendly.

But, yeah, if Caps keep playing like Craps there will be trouble. It’s always easiest to can the coach (just ask Carbo).

For me (and probably all of us) the ultimate frustration in Montreal — and ongoing — and to be fair it’s probably the same in all teams and all sports, only more so here, is we never really know what’s going on, the extreme example being Chelios, I guess.

A situation like Patrick Roy’s train wreck –  at least we all saw it (along with the rest of the free world) live — and the discussion, tragedy that it was and remains, had some basis on planet earth.

PK? We don’t know sh*t except rumors. How can we have definitive opinions? Even Gomez, whom you know is my personal favorite, may have some legit issue that would exonerate him. And maybe it’s unknown even to the team – like Lupul’s bizarre illness, or Jason Blake before he was diagnosed or Koivu, for that matter. I’m not trying to ferment speculation, but to wonder out loud how we can all be so hardline when the facts are so thin?

But I guess the bottom line is as long as a player is playing he is deemed healthy.

In PK’s case, I just wonder. It could go very wrong with a fine prospect if not well handled.

“Exercising authority is not the same thing as exercising judgement.”

22. ctony says:

I’ve seen every Price game this year and his play has been unbelievable.  How does Thomas let up 1/2 a goal per game less???  Must be unreal.

23. hab_skill says:

Dunno but I have him and his brother in my fantasy pool.

24. ctony says:

Henrick Sedin is on pace for a 10-88-98 point season.  Does anyone know if a forward with 100 points
    ever had as few as 10 goals?

25. Storm Man says:

Did Stubbs have his 3D glasses on?

26. JF says:

Interesting stats.  It’s pretty hard to believe that Thomas could go the rest of the season with a save percentage of .955.  Somewhere between .93 and .94 is more probable.

What’s so amazing about Price is that he’s been utterly consistent, even moreso than Thomas.  He has yet to play a bad game and hasn’t allowed more than 2 or 3 dubious goals.  If he continues that, such an achievement would in itself be Vezina-worthy, even if his overall save percentage were slightly lower than Thomas’s.  Price’s play gives the team a legitimate chance to win every single game.

27. andrewberkshire says:

From the video I saw, it was playful sparring and RDS was trying to make something out of nothing. Stubbs has also said several times to clarify that there is no division in the dressing room.

28. kempie says:

Yeah I agree with that but I also believe that usually, where there’s smoke there’s fire. My guess here is that it’s somewhere between smouldering and raging and we’ll never know what the truth is because, in Montreal, if the press smells smoke, they start adding gasoline.

29. RiverviewCanadien says:

Well I seem to remember a video on 4 a 7 on RDS showing a scrum between Pleks and Subban. I tried a google search and found this piece Subban vs Pleks.

Not sure how true it is that there were other altercations, but I do remember watching the video on RDS.

30. Storm Man says:

He does have good taste in suits, He be giving PK some tips on and off the ice in the press box Friday.

31. LA Loyalist says:

Well thank you! Really interesting.

“The Intangibles” — coming to a theatre near you this Christmas.

32. LA Loyalist says:

Exactly – we don’t know and thus should walk gingerly to judgment, not rush.

I’m worried, though, 3 games is a lot and going into Detroit without PK and Markov, boy…

“The Intangibles” — coming to a theatre near you this Christmas. Starring Scott Gomez as Captain Kirk, PK Subban as Doc Holladay and Hal Gill as Gilligan.

33. badbalance says:

I know that Thornton had like 92 assists in a season but scored 20 goals that season

34. LA Loyalist says:

LOL. I don’t envy Boudreau at all, I think he has it at least as hard as Count Chocula.

My buddy actually offered us Backstrom and  Semin and the Montreal Expo’s back, but they wanted PK and Gomez, of course I took your advice and said no — I am waiting for them to sweeten it just a little.

It’s funny, Caps fans still talk about the Rod Langway trade like the second coming, it made them legit.

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

35. Just A Guy says:

Thats the one thing that has caught everyone by suprise, he has simply not had a bad game, its incredible. But yes there are lofty numbers up for grabs, most wins and games played in a season by a goaltender, ever. Pretty big stuff. I wonder if he can keep it up.

JM needs something like 44 wins this season to hit 600, so I think he’s riding “the thouroughbread” all the way.

36. usversusthem says:

In case anyone’s been keeping tabs on goalie stats leaderboards recently…

The two big names through the first third of the season are Carey Price and Tim Thomas. Ondrej Pavelec, Sergei Bobrovsky & Jonathan Quick are all in the mix to an extent, but if the Vezina were awarded at the half-pole, it would be a serious shock if it didn’t go to either Price or Thomas. (Jaroslav Halak, meanwhile, has fallen back into the middle of the pack after a dismal November.)

That being said, if you look at the stats right now, Thomas is probably your runaway winner. His 1.42 GAA, .955 SV%, 5 shutouts, 14-2-2 record… that’s hard to argue with. Price’s numbers right now are 1.92, .936, 4 shutouts and 17-7-2. He’s got 3 more wins than Thomas, but also 5 more regulation losses, and Thomas bests him handily in every other category. That utter statistical dominance, you’d think, would make Thomas the clear favourite.

Nevertheless, those numbers don’t tell the whole story. Both Price and Thomas’s numbers started to change drastically around early November—Thomas’s for the worse, and Price’s for the better. On November 5th, Thomas was pulled after allowing 3 goals on 25 shots through two periods against Washington, while Price was solid in leading the Habs to a 3-2 win over Buffalo. Here’s a look at some stat comparisons since (and including) that night:

Games Played: Price 15 vs Thomas 12
    Record: Price 11-3-1 vs Thomas 7-2-2*

Goals Allowed: Price 23 vs Thomas 23
    Minutes Played: Price 898 vs Thomas 711
    GAA: Price 1.54 vs Thomas 1.94

Shots: Price 483 (32.3 per 60 min.) vs Thomas 396 (33.4 per 60 min.)
    Saves: Price 460 (30.8 per 60 min.) vs. Thomas 373 (31.5 per 60 min.)
    SV%: Price .952 vs Thomas .942

Shutouts: Price 3 (Van, Phi, Tor) vs Thomas 2 (NJ, Phi)

Now that tells a whole different story. Price is still playing more games and winning more games, but without his middling early-season numbers (6-4-1, 2.44 GAA, .909 SV%, 1 SO) you can see that he’s been a complete stud in net for the Habs for more than a month now. Thomas, meanwhile, has fallen off his untenable early-season pace (7-0-0, 0.71 GAA, .977 SV%, 3 SO) and is coming back down to earth. If these trends continue (they might not, but what the heck), by the Christmas break it wouldn’t be surprising to see their statistics meeting in the middle.

*Thomas didn’t get credit for the loss against Washington on Nov. 5 since the eventual game winner was scored in the third period against Tuukka Rask after the Bruins potted three straight goals to tie it.

37. Propwash says:

The thing is, was Dube told directly by any of the vets or coaching staff? If not, it’s speculation as far as I’m concerned.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

38. LA Loyalist says:

“The Intangibles” — coming to a theatre near you this Christmas.

39. TheMostCupsPeriod says:

You’re so one dimensional it’s funny!

Still can’t believe they hired PG instead of you.

I don’t get the reference :(

41. A. Berke says:

With all due respect, that’s not a concrete example but would only constitute cammalleri’s opinion.

Ali B.

I am sorry… Gomez complained about the way PK plays?

43. christophor says:

Wow …

We’re winning with Gomez.

Therefore, we can’t win without him.

We’re winning with Gomez

Therefore, Gomez isn’t playing badly.

Wow, just WOW.

I assume if the Habs lose tomorrow to one of the best teams in the league, and Gomez can’t dress, it’ll be because Gomez wasn’t around to do all those … good things he does. We could use him but, my goodness, some people reason terribly. If Gomez is out, the Habs need PK to rush the zone on the PP. Both of them missing will hurt.

This is the last time I want to post about Gomez. I didn’t until yesterday and I’ll try not to after today, unless something else really stupid is said and I cant help myself. I like the guy, personally, but for every dumb comment about wanting him to be injured, there’s an equally dumb comment at the other extreme.

The ONLY way to improve our PP is to bring MAB back.

45. A. Berke says:

Frankly all that reminds of the speculations made against Price last year.

Let us know who these veterans are and what was said, done and ignored in the dressing room please, instead of ppl taking sides (very inanely I might add) for no known reason and a bright young prospect sitting out as a result. If he deserves sitting out, JM should have some cojones and tell the fans and the media what it is and we’ll all go along without any fuss.

However, they way it looks now PK’s sitting out’s only explanation is what one media guy  said or speculated and everything is getting built on that speculation.

This is beyond ridiculous and rather boneheaded, let’s not shoot ourselves in the foot.

Ali B.

PS: With speculations made about the team in the last two years alone, if they were assembled in a book, the resulting book would be bigger than Montreal’s combined phone books.

46. shiram says:

If thats the case, i’m glad he could see the team win without him, and it would do good to bring him back even if the team keeps winning. But we’ll have to trust Jacques Martin.

47. Say Ash says:

I’m not his biggest fan (my Gomez t-shirt has become a workout shirt), but do you think our 5-minute powerplay would have been any worse with him out there?

48. N.B.habs fan says:

kempie,that post makes more sense than all the crap talk I been reading .thanks

49. habs365 says:

you’re 100% right on your assistment..and a break away from playing may help pk..what I’m having problems with..PK took the blame for the loss against Edmonton..yes he made 2 mistakes and it caused us 1 point..if the whole team had scored more against a weak team mistakes or not the win would have been ours..you would have never heard of subban’s mistakes..I guess the coach didn’t like what he saw..so he, subban paid the price.

now that he’s paid the price and hope he’s learned from it..the fans want to see him play..not to put any player down..subban’s presence in the line up is more valuable than picards and eventually maybe as early as friday night..going against a skilled team like Detroit..I have a feeling I may be right (hope not) for sure Price will be busy.

50. kempie says:

Here’s what I heard. According to Dany Dubé of CKAC, a fairly respected guy, PK was spoken to by some of the veterans, presumably guys like Gio, Gomez, Gill about his “behaviour”. Exactly what this means, I’m not sure but I suspect that the issue is that he needs to put the Ws ahead of everything else. So, making the high percentage, safe plays instead of the higher risk/reward stuff that is PKS’ specialty. I’m speculating here, but I doubt it has anything to do with “cockyness” or trash talk, that stuff is just gonna happen. So, according to Dubé, the veterans felt that they didn’t really get through to PK and things escalated to the next level which was a bit of a dust-up at practice between PK and Plex. The next step was that JM was approached by the vets, who explained the situation and JM agreed to take care of it. I see it as a rough patch in the learning curve of an extremely promising talent. PK’s anything but dumb, and watching the team rack up three Ws in a row without him will make an impression on him. This kid knows his potential and what it takes. He has his eyes on the prize so to speak and he won’t go all Kostitsyn74 over his pressbox duty. Everything is fine and, in the words of somebody who’s been there, everyone should “chill out”. It’s all good.

51. _Habsoloutly_ says:

well, at least thats what some of the commentariat believes.  this is truly a bizarre place.  but it’s great comic relief to read some of the rubbish that gets posted here.

52. Propwash says:

That’s a pure example of a quote that can be taken in two ways. Maybe he called him primetime because he is actually that good?

That’s what I am saying… Without Gomer Habs are doomed.

54. Rice Miller says:

I agree, except for the fact that if both Weber and Subban stay up, then one will be sitting in the press box most of the time. Weber and/or Subban will not improve as players watching their team mates play from above. Both of these young players need ice time to improve. They could probably spot Picard once in a while, but it still will not be enough. Their time will come, especially with the age of Hamrlik and Spacek. I say, it is better to send Weber back to Hamilton, let him play 25 minutes of quality ice time, only because PK is still a better prospect and brings of a more physical game to the table. Having said that, I have been really impressed with Weber and look forward to seeing him play full time next year. It’s also nice to know we have him waiting in case we have another injury on D.

55. N.B.habs fan says:

Good post,hope you have a speedy recovery..CHEERS!

56. habs4ever2894 says:

We know that he and Plekanec have gotten into it in a couple of practises …..

57. VancouverHab says:

Since we’re winning (glorious wonderful joyus winning) with Gomez, let’s not take the idiotic senseless risk of assuming that we can win without him.

58. likehoy says:

with regards to PK sitting out while the team’s winning

the lesson to be learned is not one player is greater than the team.

we can win with him, but we can also win without him. It tells PK not to take things for granted and to play with more consistency.

He’s a good playe already, great player? I don’t think so. He only has 9 points in 25 games, that by no means are outstanding numbers. He’s had some great games and some awful games and with the style he plays, he’s going to be noticed for his good and bad plays, unlike players like picard.

- Gomez is holding down the suck button

59. likehoy says:

well cammalleri calls PK “primetime”

- Gomez is holding down the suck button

Thank god Gomer is making a trip… cause I started to get worried. Whatever team will do without him. Ay ya yay.

61. Propwash says:

See, that’s what I’d figure, because if it was as bad as some say it is, PK would be on the next bus back to Hamilton. Martin wouldn’t put up with crap like that.

I am yet to hear a concrete example of his “cocky” attitude in the dressing room. Same as I am to hear an example of him not being respectful. It’s all a bunch of BS and media’s blowing smock up your behinds to get more clicks.

63. NashvilleMatty says:

Like most “news” out of Montreal, there’s probably about 10% truth and the other 90% is blown out of proportion.

64. shiram says:

It’s been reported in some news outlet, but there’s no official word on it.

65. Propwash says:

Something has been bugging me about this whole Subban and his cockyness/attitude thing in the room that so many people are saying. Is this a known fact, or just speculation that is snowballing into something that it’s not?

66. savethepuck says:

Well said, we are a defence first hockey team.  We have only given up 3 goals in 3 games since he’s sat.  He’s a rookie who is still learning.  The coaches job is to win games ( that’s how he keeps his job), not to play the guys who give the fans a more exciting brand of hockey.  PK will be back, be patient, people should be happy to see we have a lot of depth on D

67. SeriousFan09 says:

Tell your buddy I hope the Capitals keep Bruce Boudreau so the Habs don’t have to sweat the Capitals in the playoffs this year.

68. CHasman says:

I hope Gomez is back soon.  As much as everyone complains about him, the Habs were a worse team without him.  In case no one has noticed the Gomez-Cammy-Darche trio has been on the ice for the last four powerplay goals. In fact, you have to go back six games to see a pp goal by anyone else.  We saw what happened during that 5 minute PP last game when we didn’t have the second unit. (Gotta be the worst 5 minute pp I have ever seen).

I’d like to see Subban back in the lineup but what are you going to do.Nobody is playing bad back there.  Live and learn from the press box?  That’s why JM coaches and we are spectators.

I’m home from work for six more weeks after surgery and what I’d like the Habs to do for me is play every day.  I need a game fix.

69. heavy-evy says:

The is nooo way PG will pick up KOVALEV for playoff run

70. habsruleworld says:

sure seems to point to a groin issue for sure,,

71. VancouverHab says:

OK: I love Gomez to begin with, but how funny and stand-up at the same time. “I have a large ‘lower body’…” Then, “I’ve shaken my head a few times this year…” with “I have to get better.”

(Anyone know how his French is coming along?)

72. CanadienFanTrappedinNiagaraFallsNY says:

I love Subban. I have been eagerly awaiting his joining the team for 2 years. However, I also think Weber is as deserving of a chance to show his stuff as PK is. That being said, I think both should stay on the Habs roster the remainder of the year. I do not understand though, why so many think he is entitled to start every game. He is NOT our best defenseman, even with Markov gone, YET. Hamrlik, Gorges have been better. Also, Gill, even Picard and Spacek have been at least as good as he has overall. Not offensively, but in the “complete player” sense. He is a rookie, a young rookie. The fact that he has a permanent spot with the big team shows that Martin has confidence in him. He will play, and soon. If he can’t handle sitting out a few games, then that is a problem. The thing is, I think the HI/O forum and Habs fans in general take more offense to the benching than he does. Yeah, he’s more exciting than all of those players, but in the long run, its better for him as an individual to not think he is entitled to a spot. If you guys recall, he also cost us a win late in the game against TB… that and EDM are our only OT losses. That is not to say he has not possibly won us some games, but that is harder to identify. He has been very good overall, but you need to play smart until the final horn blows. If that is the only lesson he gets from this benching, then it is well worth it.

The Hockey God will remain for 6 more years…

73. Somethingwithhabsinit says:

Sounds like you and your buddy have quite a trade coming up with PK. Don’t take the first offer, see what you can get for him. Then, if you have time, please explain to Jacques Martin more of the subtlety involved in coaching in the NHL.

I don’t envy your week, let us know how it goes!

74. LA Loyalist says:

nice. I tried to say the same thing yesterday less well in about 3 paragraphs.

75. LA Loyalist says:

With a young Chris Nilan (or even a young Laraque) Phlyers would not have had such an easy time throwing us around like rag dolls.

76. SeriousFan09 says:

If the Habs had managed to get Mike Knuble in 2009, that would’ve been something. Could’ve used him to sit in the crease and allow the Habs forwards to light up Leighton.

77. LA Loyalist says:

Did we ever have a shot at him? I don’t know that history. But yeah, I some point, we need a player like that by March.

How we get him is the problem.

78. Max_a_million says:

Remember when we responded to our playoff loss to the Flyers by adding the best fighter in the league George Laraque.  Remember how many games he won for us with his intimidation?

Just saying I agree with Somethingwithha …

79. Say Ash says:

Nothing wrong with adding muscle, they just picked the wrong guy. Management grossly underestimated Laraque’s injuries.

80. LA Loyalist says:

We were at a hockey camp where Cammy was training last summer and he showed no interest in the kids (over 3 / 4 days) but lots of other guys were great. Always a thrill for them.

Koivu has his own black AND SILVER sharpies. :)

81. SmartDog says:

Sounds awesome.

I have to take my 3 kids soon!

Any new advice? What time did you arrive?

——-

82. Max_a_million says:

We got there about 9:30

Practice started just before 11:00, and they warmed up 15 minutes on the soccer field around 10:30 ish.

We got a great seat early on.

It made for a light day I think that it was a school day, it was a Monday and that the weather was bad.

I have a theory that LOTS of youth hockey teams come to town on Fridays for three day tournaments in the area and make Fridays heavier.

After practice we went around back to where the cars leave for autographs.  This will take awhile.  Bring some patience, warm clothes, at least three sharpies and something interesting to sign.

Kirk Muller came out early and shook our hands, and autographed things.  He seemed to know we were waiting in the cold.  Kirk is always awesome.

Gionta has his own sharpies … very classy.

Max likes to put on a show, and knows how much he is loved.

Pyatt was the firts one out.

When I went players who did not stop were Boyd, Hamrlik, Cammy, AK, Webber …

(I am sure they have places to be so don’t read into this at all)

Players who stopped: Pyatt, Halpern, Eller, Moen, Darche, Pleks, Gionta, Spacek, Picard, Auld

Players who took longer to come out, then we could survive being underdressed: PK, Price, Gill, Gorges, Pouliot, Gomez

It is a wonderful place to talk hockey with people in both English and French …

The gift shop was really weird.  They wouldn’t sell me a jacket from a 2 piece set that was missing the pants, and lied about sending it back and such … long story that is hard to explain.  Anyhow the selection is better at the ‘Sports Experts’ stores in Brossard.  I would suggest going there instead of the gift store.

83. SmartDog says:

Awesome info!  Thanks to both of you.

I’ll let you know what happens when we go.

——-

84. Max_a_million says:

No Problem

Good Luck!

85. Bugs says:

Hey, nothing wrong with lampoonery.

Tragically misunderstood, please bite

86. SeriousFan09 says:

A game tommorow and an Original Six match at that. Detroit’s a great team and the Habs have a classic rivalry with them, a pity we only play them once a season.

87. Exit716 says:

He uses that story all the time. He’s like Don Cherry. The same three or four points made over and over again.

88. Bugs says:

Is that why?

Cuz I know that’s why I hate all of you. Heh!

Oh, no, wait! Reverse that. That’s the the reasonY’ALL hate…awww, nuts! I messed it up.

Next time, you animals, I’ma get yehs next time; COUNT on it. Unnh!

(z-formation finger snap)

Tragically misunderstood, please bite

89. punkster says:

Beats poltroonery.

90. WestHab says:

yes that looks like the site, tix on sale 10.00 am mountain time.

Rogers says it will carry CBC’s 3D Hockey Night in Canada broadcast on Saturday night.  Rumour has it they took a lot of heat when it appeared they would not carry the game even though they have the technology to do so.

92. WestHab says:

as long as the Habs allow one goal per game they’ll not have any bad nights.

93. MTLForever says:

interviewin leblanc on tsn

94. Chuck says:

That’s fine, but how many people actually have the technology to see it?

Centre Hice: my last Canadiens game at the Forum

95. SeriousFan09 says:

CRTC is going to slap CBC with such a heavy indecency fee for Dan Chorra in 3D.

96. Propwash says:

Oh no you deh-ant!

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

97. _Habsoloutly_ says:

he did get in a fight the night before, so it is possible he does have an upper body injury.  He seems to hurt himself everytime he fights.

98. JohnBellyful says:

And even Flyer goonery!

99. otter649 says:

Briere’s career changed when he hired a personal trainer in the off-season & actually got in hockey shape when he moved to Buffalo and got serious about becoming a NHL player……….

100. joeybarrie says:

The technology wont be very popular until they get rid of the glasses. Who wants to wear those things for the entire game. Besides how great can a sport that mostly runs side to side in 3D??? Other than the behind the net shot during powerplays I cant see it being anything special.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

101. Everlasting1 says:

Perhaps this format would make Gomer look more dimensional hehe..couldn’t resist.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

102. Everlasting1 says:

How many have the glasses lol

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

103. otter649 says:

Saw on The Colbert Report the other night with the author of Doonesbury & he was promoting the complete works of Doonesbury (40 yrs worth) a huge coffee table book weighing 10 lbs……..

104. otter649 says:

Montreal did not take him off waivers & neither did any other team in The NHL – Briere ended up in Buffalo via trade for Chris Gratton ?

105. habsruleworld says:

thanks,I am going to try and get a couple also,  good luck!

106. Bill says:

Well said. Of course, just about everyone on HIO saw the conflict between Martin and Subban coming long before PK ever played a game in the NHL.

Full Breezer 4 Life

107. Mark C says:

Nice play double Dion.

108. Chuck says:

Wow… Giguere a sucked royally on a couple of goals tonight.

Centre Hice: my last Canadiens game at the Forum

109. Bugs says:

Friggin Grabby…(sob), he was always my boy (mmph!).

Ahh…

Friggin Brière though, eh? Bastich has to ruin everything.

Tragically misunderstood, please bite

110. Malreg says:

I love how McGuire defended him.  He didn’t even try to backcheck after he made a bad pinch.

111. Danno says:

Stay tuned for Good ‘N Plenty Goonery followed by lots of sad Leafs buffoonery.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

112. andrewberkshire says:

The loafs are so good for my fantasy teams.

113. Bugs says:

And that right soonery.

Tragically misunderstood, please bite

114. Bugs says:

Hey, do any of you read “Doonesbury”?

Tragically misunderstood, please bite

115. VancouverHab says:

Every day since 1974….

116. Mark C says:

I know it, but Dion’s one of McGuire boys. I can’t recall McGuire ever saying anything bad about his double Dion.

That type of play is one of the main reasons I think Dion is overrated, too often he leaves his postion to make a hit.

117. Bugs says:

Ever see the one where buddy lands his hydroplane on only one pontoonery?

(ok, that’s enough; sorry; it’s my problem; i’ll deal with it)

Tragically misunderstood, please bite

118. JD_ says:

In keepin’ with the spirit of the mutually exclusive topics of the Loafs and legends of the game, I just noticed Tie Domi is well beyond the waitin’ period for HoF eligibility and yet I never hear his name mentioned in conjunction with the annual selection process.

What gives?

119. andrewberkshire says:

Obvious bias against the illiterate.

120. punkster says:

So many empty seats in the ACC. Must be a Blackberry server failure.

121. punkster says:

Most opportunery.

122. punkster says:

Sorry JD. Shack will get in before Domi ever gets a sniff.

123. Exit716 says:
    TOR Scratches:
    M. Komisarek, J. Rosehill, C. Gunnarsson
    Ouch. Komisarek….can’t make the Leafs line up.

124. Mark says:

Zing? Is that like some kinda white guy slang?

Haha, gotta love Two and a Half Men.

125. andrewberkshire says:

Aki Berg will get in before Domi.

126. SeriousFan09 says:

Why do we keep posting links to Sun newspapers? They don’t count.

127. MTLForever says:

mcguire just said we never tried to get briere? what.

128. JD_ says:

One word: Tucker.

129. Psycho29 says:

Q: Which NHL arena has the most empty seats?

A: The Air Canada Centre for the first 8 minutes of every period.

Was watching the Loafs game (ok,it was a slow night) with my girlfriend, and she commented how terrible it is that Toronto doesn’t have a full house. I explained that only 6 minutes were gone in the period and that in Taranna people prefer to schmooze and work business deals in the back while the hockey game is on, whereas here in Montreal it’s all about hockey. Seriously….how sad is that???

130. ABHabsfan says:

Harold Snepts either.

131. Larry says:

I think there is a lot of truth in that story

132. Danno says:

The Leafs were brought to you in  3D tonight…

D-readful

D-efeated

D-oomed

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

He also lost a fight.

134. Laramy87 says:

Ya i heard that too on TSN. This was when Coyotes put him on waivers. Then in Pierre McGuire typical fashion he has to insult the Habs.

He said he was doing a radio broadcast for the habs and ask a habs scout if Habs had interest in Briere, and they said no he is a minor league point getter. Okay maybe they were wrong, but apparently McGuire knew he Briere was going to be a star and used the sarcastic “okay buddy” comment. If he was put on waivers in Phoenix, you dont know he is going to be star, i hate McGuire with a passion

135. ABHabsfan says:

I think we should be careful about our leaf-bashing. saturday is coming soon and Karma has a way of showing up at very in-opprotune times. The leafs do what they can with what they have ( that right there is the nicest thing I have ever said about the leafs. I can manage nothing better)

Colts are rolling over Tenn BTW

136. punkster says:

I was a bit off. They didn’t lose by a converted touchdown, only by a field goal.

137. JD_ says:

Strange stat: Komisarek is a healthy scratch and still goes -3 on the night. Wow.

138. Aybara says:

Nice job NHL.com.. On the front page, the image they put for the hab goalie in the “Saves of the Year?” segment was Halak..

edit — it isnt even the laRose save

139. punkster says:

With the chili dog vendor?

140. Laramy87 says:

I hate the leafs, but i will say this. Fans in the platinum seats (rows you can see on tv when the game is on) the fans can go to this “Platinum club” and they leave at intermission and go hang out there. I was at the home opener and sat in the gold seats which is behind platinums and ppl in front of me left at first intermission and came back literally with 6 mins left in the 2nd period, whats the point in coming to the game????

The same group of ppl 2 of the 4 ppl were asking about hockey, its sad. The Platinum seats are bad. I will admit the upper level tho is nothing like that, but you dont see this on tv.

141. SeriousFan09 says:

That chili dog vendor had a vicious left hook, pretty impressive considering it was an artifical limb.

142. Landof10000lakesHab says:

Enlighten me?

143. SeriousFan09 says:

NHL.com has been pretty shoddy with their video this season.

144. SeriousFan09 says:

Sun newspapers are terrible, I thought this was general knowledge by now. Half the reason they circulate is the Sunshine girl of the day.

145. Danno says:

Good eye. Definitely #41 that I see on the sweater. Bush league stuff.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

146. Samovich says:

I feel sorry for them a crappy team and a crappier night life in Toronto!

147. likehoy says:

a load of hogwash…PK will be alright

this is being blown so out of proportion that it makes hamrlik + the kostitsyn brothers mafia story sound like a hiccup.

- Gomez is holding down the suck button

148. JohnBellyful says:

See below.

149. JohnBellyful says:

You’re thinking of Sun Media owned by Quebecor. The Vancouver Sun is a broadsheet owned by Postmedia Network, which also owns the Gazette — and HabsInsideOut.

150. Bugs says:

An artificial limb made outta plasticized chili dogs.

Tragically misunderstood, please bite

151. JohnBellyful says:

Me, too. Sophisticated loonery.

152. SeriousFan09 says:

Amazingly, not all the products of a single corporation bear the same quality.

153. WestHab says:

Tix go onsale tomorrow for the Heritage Classic game in Calgary Feb 20. Starting at $111.00 to $269.00, whish me luck!

154. lavie says:

It’s been there for a certain time. Surprised it’s still there. :)

155. Landof10000lakesHab says:

thx

156. RJB says:

Well written, certainly interesting. I don’t think I agree, but it was well done.

“I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
    - Bilbo Baggins

157. since1988 says:

Komisarek was deemed out with an “upper body injury” however last 3 games avg TOI is 10min and past 2games -4 so when he is deemed healthy who gets sent to the Marlies him or Aulie?

“When people agree with me i always feel that i must be wrong” – Oscar Wilde

158. RJB says:

Classy as always, Carkner of the Sens flicks blood at the Rangers bench earlier tonight, Gets a game misconduct…

- Bilbo Baggins

159. Just A Guy says:

I’m still stuck in the philisophical quagmire of wanting the Leafs to do well enough to deny Boston a top draft pick and wanting nothing more then for that organization to eat its just dessert. But karma? Really? The leafs are a garbage team and the once time honored tradition of Leafs getting up for montreal games is all but gone.

The only way for karma to have any type of bearing on how the game is played on Saturday is if a habs fan coreographed a figure skating routine that involved a skater in full flame retardent gear under an unnamed Leafs jersey, numbered 67 of course, flinging himself over the ice, resembling those drunken chicken dances one of your friends was really famous for in the years following highschool, then sitting at center ice doing their best Thich Quang Duc impersonation all the while filming it and getting government subsidies to promote the short film to be released and premiered as the pregame ceremony. The soundtrack set to that really cool song from Requiem for a Dream, of course.

160. habsruleworld says:

pretty sure laffs are trying to protect Komisarek,

I am sure he is not hurt, and someone(defenseman) needed to come out of the line up.

Sure not going to be Aulie, but komi has sucked real bad, easy choice,

But laffs do not what to make it looked like he ws pulled/

laffs are laffable

161. habsruleworld says:

WetsHab , is this site you are going to try and get tickets at?

Do you figure tickets will come on sale at midnight mountain time?

162. Propwash says:

McGuire hates the Habs because the team makes him look even more like an idiot.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

It’s a bad night all around for the Habs.  Boston and Buffalo win and Toronto loses.

A true test tomorrow night as we play one of the top three NHL teams in their own barn.

164. habsgod says:

that and they have the obr’s at the game and those obr’s will give them a rav! especially since it’s on hnic and in toronto!

165. LNev says:

They are place holders.  very cheap and somewhat useful, but they are interchangeable parts.  Rupp is their Halpern.  He’s a sold contributor but he’s not a building block by any means.  Asham is their Moen… same deal.  Engelland is their Carkner (D from Ottawa… and i rather PK was sitting for Weber and not some thug). Godard is their Colton Orr… and the league is better without them.

Which Habs would you sit to fit those 4 into the lineup?

If those Pens had cap space left they’d gladly sub out those guys with ANYone who may be able to support Crosby. When Malkin and Staal return, I bet those four don’t share the same ice-surface unless its practice.

Luke

166. adamkennelly says:

just an observation…Pens play with Godard, Rupp, Asham and Engelland in their line up – appears that somebody over there seems to think its important to surround your skilled guys with some mucle.  No one would ever acuse them of being a goon team (like the Leafs) – but they are very prepared to make sure nobody messes with their skilled guys…I’m just saying…

167. Somethingwithhabsinit says:

Remember last year when we beat them in the playoffs because we were able to shut down their stars and they had no secondary scoring? I’m just saying…

168. adamkennelly says:

I wouldn’t want all 4 in the line up but I would take Engelland and Rupp over Picard and Lapierre seven days a week and twice on sunday…my point was just that some 90% of teams in this league, including good ones, recognize that in the NHL – you need some muscle…we have small skilled forwards who would benefit from some help…anyone remember the ATL games a few weeks ago – that was a preview of a playoff series vs. a Philly or Boston if the Habs don’t address this..

and everyone agrees the Laraque thing was massive over-rotation and a huge mistake because he was old and injured…

169. HugeHabsFan says:

I’ve had that for so long, I don’t really remember where I got it from, lol.  Someone else replied above with an article from the Citizen.  Might have been from there.

It really is a great quote – I believe it’s very genuine as well.  Contrary to the way others have portrayed him responding to my original post above.  I obviously do not *know* Mike Cammalleri, but I have met him and he was a total gentleman, very humble, chatted with us for a while and had absolutely no problem signing four jerseys handed to him.  He went to university close to where I live and actually thanked us for making the ten hour trip to Montreal to see the game and also APOLOGIZED to us because they were shut out and he felt bad.  He was a super nice guy!

……….

“Thank you Cammy for making my day even more amazing!”

I STILL BELIEVE. I WILL ALWAYS BELIEVE.

Cammalleri: “I almost feel bad for a guy who plays an NHL career without experiencing what it’s like to be a Montreal Canadien”.

170. habsruleworld says:

great post! thanks alot

171. SeriousFan09 says:

Cool story, thanks for the find.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

LawyerGirl77 joins FHF.  I guess there really is some justice in this world after all.

173. mrhabby says:

top left hand corner ..hmm.

174. habsruleworld says:

I have a really strong suspicion that Martin will play Webber in Detroit, where mistakes cannot happen

and than will play Subban against Toronto.

During pre-game, Ron will be talking with Don at Ice Level, and Subban will skate by and cross check Cherry across his lame brain.

Subban will have a great game, and Cherry won’t know what to say.

175. habsruleworld says:

Check that, Cherry will go on and on, about he told us so, bla, bla bla,

than he’ll push Ron’s hands away etc.

176. habs11s says:

Leaf fans have resorted to throwing waffles at the team after games….

___________________________________________________________________________
    _____________________

177. SmartDog says:

You have an awesome imagination!

——-

178. smiley4 says:

Nah Gomez will be serving sandwiches and soft drinks. He can use that big metal serving cart as protection for his lower body injury:)

179. SmartDog says:

Hey Gomer, how about a coffee?

Damn! Put it in my hand man!!! Not all over my shoes!

——-

180. Max_a_million says:

Gomez is the richest guy on the plane.  He can buy a minitaure giraffe, and a pyramid of naked girls to serve up the drinks.  Geez!

181. piche says:

Good news:  Habs are finally visiting Detroit again.

Bad news:  Wings just lost 3 in a row.

I can’t wait – might bring an RDS sign.  The game will be packed with habs fans from Windsor.  I was at the (wings) game last night and it reminded me of our loss to Nashville.  Wings got out worked.  I think the key for the habs (besides scoring first) is to put pressure on the Wings early and often.  Don’t give them any time – suffocate!

Cheers,

Piche

182. Bugs says:

Once a year, I mention this. It’s that time of year again…I think.

If y’all disrespect the leafs so much and y’all hate the leafs so much and y’all hold the leafs and everything they stand for in contempt so much, why must I continue to see their name capitalized in your posts?

When you rank on the leafs to the dogs and back and do your utmost to have the rest of the world believe that the leafs are LESS of a team than ANY OTHER, why do you INSIST on giving them THE GIFT of courtesy by capitalizing their name?

When you do that and then further on in your posts, capitalize MY name, let’s say, you’re basically tellling me that you have the same regard for..(shudder)…THAT team than you do for me. And that offends me, I’m sorry to say.

It’s “leafs”, or ‘leafers”, or “leaflets”, or…or…or whatever! Ok? Thank you.

Show some respect, you animals.

Tragically misunderstood, please bite

183. Propwash says:

Some people were raised using proper punctuation?

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

184. HugeHabsFan says:

Thank you Bugsy….for our annual set ‘em straight. ;o)

………..

“Thank you Cammy for making my day even more amazing!”

I STILL BELIEVE. I WILL ALWAYS BELIEVE.

185. andrewberkshire says:

When you’re right, you’re right.

186. punkster says:

Damn Royal Mail… missed that memo. Thought Loafs was acceptsble. Used to be good enough but then the rule changes and I miss the memo and now I’m all embarrassed and, oh, I don’t know, all out of sorts. Sorry man. Jeez, I’m tryin’ over here.

187. TJV says:

Its not Habs related but theres no game tonight so have a listen!

188. Propwash says:

Jeez, leafs (for Bugs) are down 2-0 already. Getting a 4 minute powerplay though.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

189. Propwash says:

LOL, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

“And Roberto Luongo is nowhere to be found.”

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

190. Mark C says:

And 1 shot on the 4 minute PP, man the Leafs are bad. Must be fun being a B’s fan right now.

191. Propwash says:

No kidding. it’s a wonder why Leaf fans pack the ACC to support that garbage team.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

192. punkster says:

Whoa…Dawg! A positive pre-game post. The triple P. I’m impressed ;)

193. punkster says:

Right on ND :)

194. piche says:

Thats what I’ve been telling my co-workers (all Wings fans).  :-)

GO HABS GO!!

195. Say Ash says:

I mean, really, are the Leafs worse than last year?

196. SeriousFan09 says:

Toss away scoring non-stop and expect some kids who don’t even shave to save the day, along with washed-up ego cases on D and that’s what you get.

197. Mark C says:

Yup, if they don’t get a point tonight, they’ll be on a 70 point pace.

198. punkster says:

Well sure, but they got truculence.

199. OneTimer says:

If only fights counted for goals, Toronto would be the best team in the league

200. LA Loyalist says:

I had trucelence once but the doctor gave me a cream to rub on it.

“The Intangibles” – coming this Christmas to a theatre near you.

201. JD_ says:

“Brian Boucher is not the greatest goalie in the world.”

You heard it here first.

What’s really grindin’ my gears, however, is the guy Gord Miller interviewed durin’ the 1st intermission. When asked if Crosby is goin’ to be considered among the greatest ever to play the game, the dude says that in the same way it will take Stamkos time to earn the respect afforded to Ovechkin, Crosby, etc., it will take Crosby time to be given the same recognition one sees for players like Howe, Orr, & Lemieux.

Absolutely no mention of Gretzky.

The omission was so glarin’ as to be absurd. Where does TSN dig up these guys?

202. punkster says:

LOL!!!

203. andrewberkshire says:

That guy was clearly a Gretzky hater. No question.

204. Bugs says:

Guy looked completely outta the loop. Total TSN shill.

Thank gosh guys like that ain’t coachin, knowumsayin?

Tragically misunderstood, please bite

205. Samovich says:

Its also funny hearing PMG grunting and groning on the laffs play, I think I eben heard an I Caramba))), Let the Spanish Superlatives fly on Saturday night!

206. Samovich says:

Its also funny hearing PMG grunting on the laffs play, I think I even heard an I Caramba))), Let the Spanish Superlatives fly on Saturday night!

207. punkster says:

He really was the most talented player I have ever seen. I know people go mental for Mario, overboard for Ovi, silly for Sidney and back in the day they went la-la for Lafleur. But The Great One was just that one notch above the rest to me.

208. CHsam says:

Anybody got a good Leafs Flyers link ? The ones on ATDHE don’t seem to work

209. otter649 says:

Try channelsurfing.net…….

210. Bugs says:

This site never lets me down.

Tragically misunderstood, please bite

211. CHsam says:

cool thanks guys… ah leafs suck =)

HAH McGuire heaping praise on Kadri. Love it.

212. LA Loyalist says:

Komisarek’s house, I think. He lives in Rosedale on a ravine and there are a lot of little pup tents. You can see down to Rosedale Valley road and sometimes, if the light is just right, you can see Gordon Lightfoot sitting under a tree with an acoustic guitar trying to figure out the chords to “The Hockey Song”.

Seriously®

“The Intangibles” – coming soon to a theatre near you.

Read all the posts, not much to say tonight, maybe i’ll just have to go downstairs and watch the Leafs game.

214. Say Ash says:

Not much there either, Ian.

215. punkster says:

There it is. Loafs on their way to the post season.

216. punkster says:

Oops…they just gave that pick back to the Brooooons.

***All You Need Is Love***

Life can get a little boaring between games.

218. KenD29 says:

Always Barbara Walters… on 2nd thought watching the Leafs get it handed to them by the Flyers is a better choice!

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

219. JohnBellyful says:

You ever see his bar fridge?

220. JD_ says:

Some even went cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs®.

It’s the eternal debate and, as you indirectly note, subject to which era you were exposed to.

Were I 10 years older, Orr would be king of the castle. But, beginnin’ with my pre-adolescent experience and movin’ beyond it, an era dominated by the likes of Lafleur, followed by Gretzky, then Lemieux and Domi, I’ve always been a Lemieux man.

221. Bugs says:

Uncontested. He was shockingly better than everybody else. Ever. Richard, Hull, Orr, Lemieux, they can go sit down.

Vision trumps everything. He showed it CONSISTENTLY. Fugeddabowdit.

Tragically misunderstood, please bite

222. punkster says:

Orr…one of the players so many site as the best. Yes, he was great. Saw him play a few times live, at his peak, while I was in school in Boston. Totally dominated every single moment on the ice. Still though, for magical passing, out of this world dekes and feints, laser shots, outrageously impossible goals, I vote for Gretzky. We’ll never reolve this one. But whenever you mention all those guys in one discussion you know you’re having a great conversation.

223. andrewberkshire says:

I think Lemieux still had the most dominant single season in NHL history in 1992-93. Gets cancer, beats cancer, comes back the day of his last radiation treatment and was 1st star. 160 points in 60 games, +55. 69 goals in 60 games by a cancer patient! Unreal. Better than Gretzky’s 215 point season as far as I’m concerned.

224. Drive_For_25 says:

ATTN MR. STUBBS:

Just wondering if you’re able to give me any info on when the team will be landing in Windsor.  I live there and just wondering what time they will be here.

Thanks

225. samTHEman says:

Nice so I’ve been sitting here waiting all this time wondering what was going on. Hah.

By the way Mr. Stubbs if that’s you in the light blue shirt, which I’m pretty sure it is, I’m right across from you on the other side.

226. HugeHabsFan says:

Do you think they’d be interested in meeting for lunch?  I’ll buy! ;o)

………..

“Thank you Cammy for making my day even more amazing!”

I STILL BELIEVE. I WILL ALWAYS BELIEVE.

227. SmartDog says:

Fantastic Cami quote. When did he say that?

——-

228. samTHEman says:

Big words from Cammi. Any link to a video of him saying that? I’d definitely love to see. Does that mean he resigns after his contract is up?

229. observer says:

PFT –

Ben Roethlisberger showed up to work Wednesday with a big bandage over his nose, looking like an actor that just got a little corrective surgery.  The broken honker is actually getting Roethlisberger some credit in in the Pittsburgh area, though.

“Mario Lemieux told me I finally look like a hockey player,” Roethlisberger said via the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
  230. samTHEman says:

Mr. Stubbs any idea if we could see the habs board the bus? I see a huge coach bus on the right side of the bell practice facility. Or will the bus go around to pick them up from the back? Trying to justify my trip here lol

231. Max_a_million says:

Hey thanks again for your advice.

Our trip to practice was wonderful fun.  Although the gift shop people are a little uptight, oh well no big deal.

Not something I normally do, but our group was into autographs so we went out back.  Thankfully it was crazy cold (painfully so), and the lines were short.  We got many great autographs.  I felt a little bad for Alex Auld that no one is quite sure who he is, and some had to ask if they should get his autograph or not from others who were more knowledgeable … yikes.

The guys were great.  Thomas Plekanek is too humble to realize he is the best two way centre in the league, but c’mon the way the guy scores, and plays the penalty kill, and is on the 2nd best team in terms of goals against, and was a defensive stopper in the playoffs of the biggest name in hockey …

We have a wonderful team of character guys!

Max was funny, and is just Max in his Hummer heh!

We did some shopping as well, but with the weather needed to leave at a decent hour.

Really appreciated your help.

232. avatar_58 says:

Cammy loves it here because at heart he is an attention whore ;) In good way of course, he loves the spotlight. So having the media constantly talk about him, people wondering what food he eats or what pants he’s wearing….it’s HEAVEN. Couple that with the fact that he loves to see his name on leaderboards for scoring and you have a winner.

I just hope he keeps the love going

233. secretdragonfly says:

I can’t remember the original publication that carried the quote but it is referred to in the attached article in the Citizen (you have to scroll down quite a bit)

234. Propwash says:

Glad to read that Markov’s surgery was a success!

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

235. JD_ says:

Soobs bein’ forced to ride in cargo for the charter to Detroit.

Man, just seems like overkill.

236. CERF says:

Jeeze, thought you were serious for a second.. then saw it was the famous JD_ .. and now all is well thanks for the chuckl(sp?)

237. Propwash says:

Guess it’s his ego as excess baggage.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

238. SmartDog says:

And Gomez for NO GOOD reason gets to ride in the cockpit.

Crazy unfair!!

——-

239. JD_ says:

It’d be funny if it weren’t for the fact that the ride up the conveyor belt can be the longest 30 seconds of anyone’s life.

240. SeriousFan09 says:

Speaking from experience there JD? Guess you had to find some way to cut down on your family’s airfare for vacations.

241. twocents says:

But the slide down is exhilarating.

242. JD_ says:

What’s a vacation?

243. smiley4 says:

Drive for 25-they are leaving MTL at 3 so arrival should be 4:15ish. I’m a Windsor native-all my family still lives there. If you were looking at a Windsor phone book you’d think you were looking at a Quebec City phone book. Lots of French names and I think the Habs are number 2 behind the Leafs in terms of fans.

Hopefully there will be a few of them greeting the team. I’m at the game here in TO Saturday night-centre ice golds. Hope Cammy stays healthy tomorrow night as he missed the opener that I was at. And hopefully Price is in net even though it’s the 2nd of a back-to-back. Go Habs Go!!!!

244. JohnBellyful says: