Audio: Gill skates briefly after a.m. warmup

AUDIO: Jacques Martin | Michael Cammalleri | Mathieu Darche | Ryan O’Byrne

Hal Gill, nursing a cut to a leg after a Game 5 collision with Penguins’ Chris Kunitz, skated briefly following the Canadiens’ morning workout at the Bell Centre and said he hopes to play tonight in Game 6. Head coach Jacques Martin said a decision will be made on Gill’s availability following tonight’s pregame warmup.

Jaroslav Spacek is a game-time decision, and Martin has ruled out Andrei Markov tonight. Asked whether he might use seven defencemen should both Gill and Spacek be ready to go, the coach said, “Everything is possible.”

Markov skated, in equipment, before the team, as did fellow D Paul Mara.

Lines used this morning: Darche – Gomez – Gionta; Cammalleri – Plekanec – A. Kostitsyn; Pouliot – Moore – Lapierre; Moen – Metropolit – Pyatt

The blueline pairings – Gorges – Subban; Bergeron – O’Byrne; Hamrlik – Spacek

1. Say Ash says:

I still hate him.

2. HabFanSince72 says:

Reading Rejean Tremblay is like deliberately stepping in a dog turd.

Anything he says about Crosby, Price, or anyone is colored by his anglophobia.

3. Bugs says:

Pauvre gosse.

Superfluously redundant, I remain

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Assistant-Director of St-Habbie’s Hospital for the Blind, Head Physician of Neuroflannelogy Unit, and Occupational Therapist in Habsbros Emergency Ward: http://habsbros.blogspot.com/

4. Bugs says:

Am I the only who thinks “spatch” sounds like some kind of mess you make in your pants?

Superfluously redundant, I remain

5. habs4ever2894 says:

Ward was in 2006 in the first round when justin williams took out koivu. Im talking about 2002 when we played them in the 2nd round and had a 2-1 series advantage and we blew it . Carolina ended up winning game six 8-2 at the bell.

6. Bugs says:

Come out strong and play like Calgary is what we should do, right Timo?

Lotsa offence like the Flamers put up, maybe we can be good like them one day.

We’re tryin. We’re tryin, Timo.

Superfluously redundant, I remain

7. SLONCOLD says:

lol i give them 20 minutes of offense in the last 4 games

8. Habs Proud says:

Great to have Spacek back in the lineup, good solid D as long as too much rust hasn’t built up from missing 8 or 10 games, especially if Gill can’t go or is limited to how much he can play.

9. habfan53 says:

I would not read Tremblay if he were the only writer covering the Canadiens

10. Say Ash says:

We were up 2-0 coming home, and then…Cam Ward! I hate that SOB!

11. TripleX says:

If he did indeed have severe vertigo caused by an inner ear infection that would mean bed rest and not much food intake.  He will have lost weight and fitness levels.  I had that same thing and for a long time after bending over quickly and fast head movement could bring on vertigo.  If he plays that is unbelievable but to expect him to be as effective as before is stretching it.

“Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.”

12. SLONCOLD says:

for the folks praying about a markov return, just drop it… he’s not coming back this year. No doctor would recommend playing with this injury. too much risk to the rest of the knee and although braces help, they do not by any means replace the torn acl.

without an acl, you CAN NOT pivot. especially at the speed and torq a elite athlete requires.

13. habs4ever2894 says:

just like carolina in 2002 …. that would be brutal

14. Slovak says:

I wonder,

why not give each Habs player an extra puck that he can take out from the pocket or pants or anywhere in the front of MAF and shoot… referees out there seem to be so concentrated at Sid (is he already crying or not?) that they will not even notice, which puck is right, right? :)

Come on Montreal, don’t be scared of bunch of kids

15. pmaraw says:

it is too bad we didnt win in 4, crosby could play in that tourney also

16. Jbird says:

So Spatch and Gill game time decision and Markov is out.  From Dave on twitter.

I think having spatch in is huge.

17. pmaraw says:

and….. he’s rested!

18. pmaraw says:

Punerific!!!

19. Storm Man says:

I see you get some computer time at the regional correctional centre, Im glad to see my tax dollers are well spent.

20. longtimehabsfan says:

Gill on the ice, Stubbs just tweeted.

21. Kooch7800 says:

That sucks!!!!!!!!!

22. Storm Man says:

Hmmmmm La Presse and alot of crap in the same post, I say that is about right.

23. Topham says:

Spacek alone is a huge addition. Even without his displays vs. Ovechkin, the guy was an absolute star on D for the Habs this year.

I’ve been keeping some numbers on the team for the whole year and Spacek is tops in many categories, including ESGF (that is goals he’s been on the ice for). Read more on Spacek’s merits for tonight’s game here.

24. HugeHabsFan says:

Still a good point though.  :o)

……….. “Thank you Cammy for making my day even more amazing!” I STILL BELIEVE. I WILL ALWAYS BELIEVE.

25. Habs64 says:

Pens 8 Habs 2

26. Bugs says:

I heard that. That’s nuts.

Darche??? No! Jack! Noooooo…

Why not Moen? It WORKED with Moen. Saw it with our own eyes. Game 5 Washy. It WORKED. Moen.

Darche???

Superfluously redundant, I remain

27. Bugs says:

Read Reggie Tremble’s piece in La Presse. Brought up sumpin interestin.

In our series vs Cappers and Pittsburgher, who was most dangerous? Ovi or Sid?

Huh? See?

Ovi got a lot of crap. A LOTTA crap.

Sid ain’t gettin no crap. Total gyp.

Superfluously redundant, I remain

28. pmaraw says:

sorry!!!!!

29. pmaraw says:

his name is BJ, not JM <insert gratuitous joke here>

30. BJ says:

I believe its the official one for tonight

31. Storm Man says:

I hope that is not tonights line up.

32. SLONCOLD says:

Noticed last game that the habs looked like they were just changing lines and dumping the puck for like 45 minutes or so. Hopefully the last change will give us an advantage.

33. Slovak says:

Travis Moen – Glen Metropolit – Tom Pyatt

Defense:

Josh Gorges – P.K. Subban
    Marc-André Bergeron – Ryan O’Byrne
    Roman Hamrlik – Jaroslav Spacek

35. HabFanSince72 says:

he wasn’t bad in the last game. Better than O’Byrne.

36. HabFanSince72 says:

At least ther is a chance AK46 or Pouliot will score a goal.

In anmy case it is a moot point since Gill is not playing.

37. HugeHabsFan says:

Do you really think so??  I have to believe that Darche is more valuable than Pouliot or AK46 at this point, no?

38. lenny says:

Does anybody have a live chicken…I need it for my sacrafice ritualy for a win tonight….

39. Storm Man says:

Watch his movies.

40. Shublips says:

Any reinforcements on D that would allow the Habs to see LESS of Marc-Andre Bergeron, will be a good thing.

Anyone….MAB is simply horrific on the ice and lately is not even producing on the power play, which means that he is has now become COMPLETELY useless.  At least when his shot was going, there was one dimension to his game.  Right now, he has zero dimensions to his game!

Habs Addict.com http://www.HabsAddict.com on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Habs-Addict/293450486615 on Twitter: http://twitter.com/HabsAddict on Hockeybuzz.com: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_archive.php?blogger_id=137

41. Storm Man says:

I would be happy to sit all three, But when it comes down to it need to put pucks in the net. I would have to sit Darche great guy but that is about it.

42. Slovak says:

i BELIEVE THE HABS WILL WIN TONIGHT

NO MATTER WHAT PLASTIC HEAD SAYS :))

43. Storm Man says:

WOW 77,803 to watch Germany beat the States 2-1 in hockey. I wonder how much beer was sold that night.

44. HabFanSince72 says:

Gotta be Darche.

45. pmaraw says:

I BELIEVE THE HABS WILL WIN TONIGHT!!!!!

I BELIEVE THE HABS WILL WIN TONIGHT!!!!!

I BELIEVE THE HABS WILL WIN TONIGHT!!!!!

I BELIEVE THE HABS WILL WIN TONIGHT!!!!!

I BELIEVE THE HABS WILL WIN TONIGHT!!!!!

46. pmaraw says:

and how do we check your record?

47. Slovak says:

Habs will win tonight.

Cindy will cry again

and mongoloid Gino will have to give Sid a kiss to stop crying.

IF PENS ARE SO STRONG, WHY ARE THEY STILL SHAKING IN 2nd ROUND against the outsider??? Why are they so happy, if they win by inch – they should be winning by light years right??? WAKE UP PLASTIC HEAD

I BELIEVE THE HABS WILL WIN TONIGHT

I BELIEVE THE HABS WILL WIN TONIGHT

I BELIEVE THE HABS WILL WIN TONIGHT

COME ON

48. mike g says:

How is your record flawless?

49. AndyF says:

:-)  I like your style, ths.

Go, Habs, Go!

AndyF

http://andyfroncioni.com – Site of Aerolab

50. HugeHabsFan says:

Agreed.  Just wondering though if it’ll be Pouliot or AK46.  I tend to lean toward Pouliot too, due to his recent play, but AK46 isn’t much behind.  We’ll see who survives the cut!

51. ths says:

Check my record so far its flawless ;-)

Off to bed boys waking up at 6 AM for Habs and Beeer

Lauche Pas

Ooh Aah Habs on the war path

52. kempie says:

Oooooooh, I’d like to but I’m kinda using mine.

53. kempie says:

This is the truth. Just ask Boone. Pens are too strong, too deep and too skilled to lose tonight. We have no chance.

54. Bugs says:

Ok.

Then pretend your favourite ever, bestest sports editorialist asked the question: was Ovi more dangerous against us in the playoffs or Sid?

Superfluously redundant, I remain

55. Bugs says:

Okaaaay.

So does that mean you think Ovi was more dangerous against us or Sid?

Superfluously redundant, I remain

56. jimmy shaker says:

I guess these are going to be Jaro’s two biggest games of his life.  He already had the three biggest games of his life…..but now we need to add two more to that column.  I think he has the right gumption to go out there and totally wall-up the penguins.  If the boys can get 2 or 3 goals tonight past MAF tonight, we’ll be talking Wednesday night.  Gill will play and so will Spacek, so who comes out?  Darche, Pouliot or AK46.  Me thinks pouliot is the odd man out tonight!

“Lets put the woman and children to bed and go looking for dinner”

Shaker

57. Bugs says:

Mee-ow. Sheesh. Beside the point.

Question was: who was more dangerous against us in the playoffs, Ovi or Sid?

Don’t make it into something it ain’t.

Superfluously redundant, I remain

58. G-Man says:

On this 10th of May that no one expected the Habs to be playing, I say pfffttt! to you and your pathetic prediction.
    Ha!

59. ths says:

Habs won’t win tonight.

Cindy gets a hat trick

Gino gets hat trick

Check my record Im always right.

Ooh Aah Habs on the war path

60. Tharsis says:

———————————-

Fate leads the willing, and drags along the reluctant.

61. Say Ash says:

Attention Organ Doners: Sami Salo needs your help now!

62. Slovak says:

i BELIEVE THE HABS WILL WIN TONIGHT

i BELIEVE THE HABS WILL WIN TONIGHT TOO :)

HABS WILL BE SAVED BY THE BELL BECAUSE JARO WILL SHAKE THE PENS TONIGHT

63. lenny says:

64. The Teacher says:

If Ovi didn’t score he wasn’t helping out in most other facets. If Sid doesn’t score, he’s out in the last minute of the game to win a faceoff, he helps in many other ways.Sid is so far above Ovi it’s not even funny. I’ll take substance over flash, thank you very much.

I am not surprised of your opinion between the two given that you loved Kovalev.

I think Ovechkin is a great scorer, don’t get me wrong, but a great player? Not if defence is included into the equation.

65. Topham says:

Defence is about good judgment. And as your sign off states, good judgment comes from experience. Vertigo can play with the fitness, but probably not his experience.

What’s more, given the lies we’ve been fed about injuries thus far, why should anyone believe Spacek ever had a virus?

66. Topham says:

67. Storm Man says:

Montreal police are bracing for tonights action. Sounds like fun :)

68. mike g says:

If AK46 doesn’t step it up tonight, they better trade the guy in the summer…

He’s a guy who apparently has “talent”. He is “big, and can hit hard”. People who are saying that about him, it’s time you all face the facts and stop defending him because he’s a Habs player. Check out these stats:

-He has gone 10 straight games without a goal in these playoffs. Disgusting.

-Take away his “Johnny on the spot”  3 goal game vs the Caps in game 2, he’s gone 18 games without a goal. WOW.

-During the year, he went on 2 very bad streaks; 16 games and 13 games without a goal. Not good at all.

-He even went on one streak of 1 goal in 22 games.

So seriously guys, why hasn’t he been punished and put in the dog house for good? Is it because he has “upside” or “talent”. Well, talent get’s you out of those streaks, and when you’re out of them you usually bust out with goals in a few consecutive games. We don’t see that with him. He sleeps for weeks, and them pops one in. That’s it, then it’s back to watching him make a bunch of turnovers, giveaways, and giving up. Plain and simple, if the effort and tenacity was there, and he would be creating stuff for others, then fine. Gomez is like that, he always gives 100%, and the results areen’t always there. But the effort is, that’s why Pouliot and Gionta looked so great together this year.

With the monster season Pleks had this year, there’s no excuse for Andrei’s lack of production. When you centerman has 70 points, you better have something close to that.

69. Propwash says:

SK + AK for David Perron?? Waddya think?

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

70. KenD29 says:

Who is going to take Popgun 46?! They will be lucky to get a case of Smirnoff and some caviar for him and his brother, Popgun74 junior!

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

71. alestar says:

With AK46 it is never a question of talent, its a question of heart and effort. He epitomizes the enigmatic type of hockey player we see more and more of in recent years. Plays for the paycheque and nothing else…sad, really.

XXIV…and counting

72. andrewberkshire says:

Extremely simplistic to just look at point production, especially considering AK46 was playing on the 4th line for 15 of the first 20 games of the season, and his second cold streak was upon returning from a major injury. I hate when people make comments like what you’ve just written, because you ignore everything just to make a stupid point. You even do the oh so common, “take away all his good games, and when has he had a good game?” It makes no sense.

73. Le Jadester says:

To play “au contraire” just for funzies.

AK has been in protest mode since his hattie and his brother’s benching.  They both know they’re gone this summer. He doesn’t care anymore about money or the coach or the team or the fans that don’t want him IMO.  I think he feels let down by the organization with the way things have gone. He’s thinkin’ fresh start next year somewhere else. He know’s there is no future for him in Montreal as long as JM is there.

How many people who are foreigners to this country (out of a 100 lets say) would still put that all aside and go out there and kill themselves for the coach and the team right now, especially when its all about business and money now-a-days ?

I’m surprised he’s not a healthy scratch tonight.

Habs, OLE !

74. habs03 says:

I have no doubt in my mind that both Kost are gone after this season, he can score all he wants, he’ll still be out of here, they are teams that are willing to take chances on them, its not that they are bad players because both have a lot of skill, and I much have a bigger body on the rights side of Cammy and Plecks, so I wouldn’t mind seeing a S.kost A Kost for Penner or something.

75. ed lopaz says:

Habs hockey = Smart hockey we work as a team, and we win as a team. we play 5 man defence – not just 2. we play with energy, we play with Subban (Pk could have been with us since the Olympics, but nevermind that)

only in montreal do we refer to a 70 point season as a ” monster” season.

76. anotherhab says:

The same thing can be said about Pouliot — he’s not scoring,  and not willing to hit or park his butt in front of the net.

77. Storm Man says:

Hmmmm are you watching the games? Or are you joining a trend or fad buy saying Plexs is a big let down? how many goals does 87 have? Plexs is playing some outstanding shoutdown hockey.

78. habbyone says:

Gomer, Pleks, Pouliot and Ak are all big let downs!!!

79. mike g says:

Alright, I’ll try rephrase it lol….

According to some sources the Ghosts of The Forum “hauted” Crosby and Fleury in their hotel beds last night.

Apparently Crosby cried so much, his cheeks were burned by his salty tears. Fleury was so affraid, he bit off that little triangular piece of skin he has attached to his upper lip. You know, the one that just drops in between his buck-teeth during interviews. It’s so annoying, but it’s gone now!

80. mike g says:

Ok seriously buddy, enough with this “every player the Habs trade will turn out to be a superstar somewhere else” crap….

It’s old, it stinks, and it can’t be used for every player. If AK was a hard working player that was dedicated to doing anything in order for this team to win and succeed, I’d shut my mouth. But he isn’t. He’s got talent to score some goals, probably 30 per year. But in the best hockey league in the world, talent alone does nothing. Wonder why the Pens scratched Ponikarovski and Fedotenko last game? Cuz Poni has no heart, and the other guy is getting old. They chose Mike Rupp over Poni. That’s chosing gritt and heart over talent.

At least Ryder tried. At least he would take 5 shots per game. Same thing with Higgins, who still sucks btw. He gave good if not very good effort every game, but the results were just not there. Can’t say that about AK, he doesn’t give the necessary effort.

How you can back him is rediculous. I want the guy to succeed, because I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Problem is, the car he’s driving has no gas.

81. Mr_MacDougall says:

Yeah, besides a hat trick IN A LOSING CAUSE, he has done nothing.. every once in a while he will battle for the puck, and usually wins.. man if that guy had heart he could be a great help to our team.. I really hope he is gone, I really hope there is a GM that thinks like the blind folded fan aboive, that way we can trade our “30-40 goal scorer” that makes 3.25 mill quite easily and for a talented player that works hard!

82. Kooch7800 says:

Mike, your comments about the ghosts in the forum were pretty funny.  I had a good laugh.

thanks

83. mike g says:

Thanks Kooch!

LOL, I had a feeling the post wouldn’t last too long. The mods catch those things quickly, what-ya-gonna-do…

84. Say Ash says:

Fark! Now I really wanna read it. Perhaps re-post it but replace every bad word with crosby or malkin.

85. devils_fury2 says:

Thats alright dude u just keep bashing him, I hope some of u guys get ur wish and Andrei along with Sergei are traded….I just can’t wait until Andrei is a consistant 30-40 goal scorer some where else and people like you sit and cry because we gave them up and picked up nothing for them….we’ve lost so many players lately who have had the potential (Ribeiro, Ryder) but fans and coaches alike don’t give them a fair shake and they go on to have great careers on other teams

86. jrshabs1 says:

If Andre scores a consistant 30-40 goals I’ll eat your hat..Sergie deserves everything he gets..Mickey Ribs was a cancer in the dressing room and Micheal Ryder proved this year why he was not welcome back to Hab land. The term great career has no meaning for any of those players……please brother get along with your peers.

87. KenD29 says:

WTF  There is a reason why Minnesota let Pouliot go !!  Here are a couple of stats on M. Pouliot

Last goal scored was March 25th !  That was 19 games ago. He has a whopping 3 points since March 25th, and none of those 3 in the playoffs!

If you ask me, WTF about Pouliot !

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

88. HabFanSince72 says:

I don’t think he’s sending messages.

He is probably trying to assemble a team that can beat Pittsburgh tonight.

Not sure how Darche fits in that equation.

89. TripleX says:

When did Darche last score?  The point is that Pouliot has shown flashes of talent and was a top draft pick.  Darche is a career minor league player who is likely gone next season.

In a game when we must win to go on, I would rather have Pouliot in front to take a Gomez feed.

90. TripleX says:

So one setup of a fluke goal qualifies you for the top six in the world of JM and the fact he is a career minor leaguer goes out the window.  I get it!

This is game six of the NHL playoffs dude!  Not a regular season game where a coach has the luxury of relegating a talented player to send a message.

91. mike g says:

I totally agree with you, but something is still very unclear…

If we follow that logic, and JM is trying to send a message to a “talented” player, why is this not done with AK? We’ve seen JM punish Guillaume, OB, Pouliot, Sergei, Darche and a bunch of other youngsters and players. Why not AK, what has he done over the past year or 2? Zippo…..

92. soperman says:

Darche did not play his way on to the first line.  Pouliot played his way off it.  I am a big Pouliot supporter but he was benched in the third last game and he deserved it.  This stuff isn’t written in stone – but he has to play his way back onto the the first line.

“Pusie possessed a wickedly wild shot, so inaccurate that he could not hit the province of Quebec if he was standing inside the Montreal Forum.” Dick Beddoes

93. TripleX says:

I agree that AK has done little to have earned a top line spot either.

I just question whether sending a message in what could be the LAST game of the year is reasonable.  Why not sit down with each player individually and lay it on the line.  JM should say “guys I trust you will play up to potential and pay back my confidence by having a heck of a game….now go out there and do what you were born to do”   JM was quoted as saying the main problem with Pouliot is confidence.  WTF?  This is how you give him confidence?  A coach gives confidence to a player by showing FAITH in him not benching him.

94. mike g says:

Sorry buddy, big mis-use of the word…

Pleks and Moen haven’t been passengers. In their case, I should have said “more clutch”. Remember when Pleks would score those big shorthanded goals in the season. That’s what I wanna see, he can do it and those are huge goals at this time….

He’s been good, if not very good. But with 2 games left and 2 wins needed, he has to be nothing short of excellent. It sucks to say it because it’s alot of pressure, but that’s what it is…

95. andrewberkshire says:

If half the people who aren’t scoring would find a way to contribute we’d be fine. I don’t think this is down to a single player. It would be nice to get some offense from the defense as well.

96. MTLForever says:

people keep forgetting that gomez ISNT a goal scorer, hes more of a playmaker.

97. TripleX says:

Pleks has 5 assists among his 9 points and Gomez has 7 assists among his 8 points.  Sorry, I don’t see this great playmaker.  I could care less if he is a playmaker or scorer, the thing is for his salary it is not enough.

For 7.3 million a year a player should be able to change the course of a game and series on his own.

98. mike g says:

I’m not throwing him under the bus, that would be idiotic..

Most people don’t understand that he’s played very well considering he’s always lined up against Malkin. That’s a crazy huge task. The fact of the matter is he has to get a goal, or at least a nice multi point game….

It’s not because he’s not trying. He is, just like Gomez, and they’re both playing very well. I just think that he needs to pop one in, take some pressure off Cammy on that line. He can do it, he can be clutch, that’s what I’m saying.

99. dh says:

Both of these guys have been playing their asses off.  What’s the point of singling either of them out?

Our defensive play has been great. Our offensive play has not been able to beat their goaly consistently.  We had some nice shots last game but they got stopped.  Much like Jaro has stopped most of their shots.

We need either MAF to have a bad game or we need to crash the net and screen him.

I wouldn’t depend on Fleury having a bad game.  So there’ just one option IMO.

100. TripleX says:

Ok, sorry…I read it wrong.  It is unreal how some people are saying this proves Pleks is not worth resigning while at the same time saying Gomez is proving Bob was right in taking on his dumb contract.  I like Gomez now, but not at his price.

101. andrewberkshire says:

You said he was a passenger, Mike. Don’t backtrack.

102. KenD29 says:

Gomez is not worht the $8 mil.  sather must have been laughing after Gainey took the deal!

And what is worse, Gomez still has another 4 years to go !

However, Plecs at $5 mil is also a stretch. Problem is someone out there will offer that if not more.

Habs are near the cap limit and still have to sign either (or both) Halak and Price. Not to mention, Markov’s contract is up after the following season.

Gomez, Gionta and Camm are tying up a big portion of the cap.

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

103. mike g says:

Will never, ever happen….

104. Storm Man says:

You must be santa :) I would love that trade

105. Storm Man says:

Just send a case of Smirnoff to the GM of the team we want to made a deal with and wait a day then make the offer.

106. mike g says:

You want to know what you can get for him?…..Cap Space.

Nobody will trade any human being for AK46, let alone his 3.25 mill$ price tag.

But, if you buy out him and Hamrlik’s final year, it saves you 6 million $ on the cap. Hamrlik and AK contratcs together are 8.5 million$ (Hammer is 5.25, AK is 3.25). If you buy them both out, only 33% of their contracts goes against the cap. 33% of 8.5 mill is 2.5 mill. That’s a savings of 6 million.

You can do alot of good with that money.

107. KenD29 says:

Deal is as good as done!

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

108. HabFanSince72 says:

Kovalchuk!

109. mike g says:

That’s correct sir…

110. Storm Man says:

Never happen, I will bet a case of anything on that.

111. pic1983 says:

Smirnoff?! GM’s make big bucks my friend, better make it a case of Goose!

112. Off-side says:

Wouldn’t it be lovely to see ALL the defence play tonight????  Imagine that!

113. GoalieT says:

I agree. Some people, I don’t get it.
    What a ride indeed.

GO GUYS!!! LET’S DO THIS!!!

Ultimate Die-Hard Since 1986. T.

114. secretdragonfly says:

Everything is possible – doesn’t that just about sum up the entire season?  Come on boys, give us a show we’ll never forget.

115. Norcal Habsfan says:

I have Anakin Slayd on continuous play in my office today. Go habs go.

116. HabFanSince72 says:

It strikes me that the greatest counter-argument to the requirement that the Habs’ coach speak French is the total absence of content in any coach’s interviews, but especially JM.

117. HABSsince92 says:

All we have to do is win 1 home game boys, get it to game 7 and , like we saw in the 1st round, anything can happen. Go Habs Go!

Been a Habs fan since I was in 2nd grade and sat behind Patrick Roy at the Aud.

118. Fansincebirth says:

Are those tears on Cindy’s face or Bettman residue?

119. Slovak says:

2-1 Habs – Why? Halak needs one to become a wall, Plekanec will score 1 in the first period and the same guy will score second piece in OT because he reads the crap that some of you write about him and gets pissed off. Other guys will block zillion shots and Halak will have 55 out of 56. Come on baby don’t let me down, be my missed Valentine :)

PS: In the state of total desperation, Jaro will call his friend Gaborik from the fan crowd, Kostitsyn lends him skates and will score and because he will be wearing a motorcycle helmet noone will see its not Andrei,

HOW HOT WOULD BE THAT :)

120. punkster says:

You obviously don’t…

FEEL THE PRIDE!

121. avatar_58 says:

I’ll have what he’s having

122. secretdragonfly says:

Hey, no bogarting!

123. Chuck says:

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

124. secretdragonfly says:

Can’t access YouTube at work :(

125. TripleX says:

Win or lose this edition of the Habs deserve an ovation that blows the roof off the Bell.  Would it not be great to have a standing O for the last FIVE minutes of the game?

126. mbplekfan says:

I can see why some posters are crapping all over AK, lets face it, he’s played like a disinterested euro for most of the year. He’s not living up to his immense potential and shows almost no desire to improve.

But it is quite a stretch to then say you prefer Pyatt and Darche to him. Two guys that will never make much over the minimum and never be anything more than 4th liners.  It is our lack of depth that allows these guys to play the minutes they do.

A whole team of guys like Pyatt, Darche, Metro and Lapps will play hard and lose almost all the time. Effort is no substitute for talent.

If AK was playing anywhere near to his potential this team would be a legitimate threat. As it is we are relying on our goalie to steal games rather than taking it to the other team.

We have three major assets to put up for trade this summer. AK, SK and Price. We can add Pleks to that mix if we can garner some size for him.

This team is a big physical winger or centre away from being really good. PK is the answer on D and now we need something along those lines up front.

127. Slovak says:

:-)))))))) am at work too, but fortunatelly I can access almost everything :)))))

128. Bugs says:

Halak gets two shutouts tonight.

Let’s get it on.

Superfluously redundant, I remain

129. J.T. says:

That would be lovely, but I’d rather he save one of them for Wednesday, if that’s alright with you.

130. Slovak says:

Under Detroit coach AK would play like a rocket machine – he needs strong authority, that’s all

131. mike g says:

Nobody is saying we want a team filed with Tom Pyatt’s. All we are doing is saying he knows how to earn every shift and chance he has.

Mark my words, Tom Pyatt will be a solid 3rd line player on the Habs for years to come. This kid’s not going anywhere, he’s here to stay.

132. Slovak says:

YEAH ONE FOR US AND ONE FOR THEM – MAF GETS NIGHT OFF, COME ON I LIKE THAT SCENARIO

133. mike g says:

Seriously, if or when the Habs get eliminated from the playoffs, us fans should organise a “Thank You Rally”.

Set some stuff up infront of the Bell Center, and ask the Habs to show up and say a few words to the city. That’s all we wanna do, a chance to thank them and cheer them on before the summer would start for good.

They deserve it.

134. yves_on_habs says:

I’m thinkin’ we’re gonna see a pretty tight game.

Habs gonna win.

- Yves –

Blog – http://yvesonhabs.com

Twitter – http://twitter.com/yves_on_habs

135. Slovak says:

SEEMS LIKE A FAIR DEAL :-) OK I WILL CALL HIM NOT TO SPURT FROM ONE CAGE TO ANOTHER :)

136. habsfansince91 says:

win or lose tonight, we should all be really happy with the way this team has played in the playoffs.

137. anotherhab says:

I agree, we need to try and pry someone like T. J. Oshie from St. Louis, he is some talent that’s not afraid to hit and could score 30 goals, he’s exciting to watch and never quits!!

138. Dennis says:

Remember Howie Meeker? I spoke with him and asked about the Habs chances. Plus other stuff. http://dennis-kane.com/howie-feels-the-habs-are/

139. alestar says:

I disagree…we have talent on this team, and while I would like to see AK46 actually use his to help the team, he is presently playing the role of the rotten apple that may spoil the bunch.

I would rather have guys in there with 50% talent giving 100% effort than the other way around.

XXIV…and counting

140. anotherhab says:

What’s happened to your boy Pou Pou Pouliot???

141. MontrealAtheist says:

It’s not about playing well, it’s about winning the Cup … If they don’t win the Cup it really doesn’t matter much if they get eliminated in round 1 or in the final.

142. Ron says:

Right you are. Its a good ride, scary at times but what a ride.

143. avatar_58 says:

I disagree and proudly hold our round 2 success over the heads of NJD and Caps fans. Supposed “better” teams than us. HAH I say. HAH.

144. MontrealAtheist says:

Have the expectations in Montreal dropped so low that people are actually satisfied with a 2nd round playoff exit? No wonder that the Habs management does not even bother to spend more $$$ to improve the team since the games sell-out even with the way things are right now.

If the players want to see standing ovations, they should do something in return and earn them and a 2nd round exit is not exactly what I would call a success, not for a team that has already 24 Stanley Cups in their trophy case.

145. The Teacher says:

He seems a bit confused to me and is deferring to Gomez and Gionta a tad too much IMO, not that you asked : )

146. Slovak says:

“HISTORY WILL BE MADE”

As I understand it from my slovak distant point of view:

PENS WILL BE HISTORY, HABS WILL MADE THE CUP

Of course one has to read between the lines to get that message :)

147. sims says:

i think they should sew a C onto that red #26 jersey tonight

148. TripleX says:

They should be cheered for playing above and beyond expectations.  I truly believed if they won ONE game from the Caps that would be an accomplishment.  What this motley group has achieved through hard work rather than talent is remarkable and worthy of ovations.

Am I satisfied with a second round exit?  Not really, but this is the most dedicated team I have seen in my lifetime.  Perhaps those lucky enough to have witnessed the truly great Habs team of the gloried past are not impressed as much.  I imagine that is to be expected.

To bad you are missing the real ride, It,s about having fun, players and fans. Its entertainment my friend. Fun is in the growing and development of a winner.!!

150. Bugs says:

Not his fault. Had the sun in his eyes.

Superfluously redundant, I remain

151. yves_on_habs says:

Very well said.

- Yves –

Blog – http://yvesonhabs.com

Twitter – http://twitter.com/yves_on_habs

152. pmaraw says:

ugh, i really hoped not to see that word :(

153. HabsoluteFan says:

I’ve got that feeling that our team will bring this series to a game 7.  They’ve been in this situation before and nobody believed that they could win 3 games in a row against the Caps to make it to the next round.  Winning 2 against the Pens when you’ve faced elimination before and know how to deal with it is very much doable.  Win one in front of a crazy home crowd and we’re down to one game, just like that game in Washington not so long ago.

I dont want to talk about trading the K bros or Price.  I dont want to bench Pouliot or buyout players so we have money for a UFA.  We have all summer to talk about that.

Keep on pushing !

Go Habs Go !

————————————————————————-

On december 18th, in the middle of a 5 game losing streak, this guy said the habs would turn it around and make the playoffs.

154. Slovak says:

Tonight it will be HABS VS Pens VS Crybaby VS referees VS ones that are satisfied with 2nd round VS some fans that still don’t believe VS fatigue VS injuries VS Bettman VS come on there must be something more

BUT

Mathieu Darche believes, Scott Gomez believes, Brian Gionta believes, Michael Cammalleri believes, Toma Plekanec believes, Andrei Kostitsyn believes, Benoit Pouliot believes, Dominic Moore believes, Maxim Lapierre believes, Travis Moen believes, Glen Metropolit believes, Tom Pyatt believes, Josh Gorges believes, P.K. Subban believes, Marc-André Bergeron believes, Ryan O’Byrne believes, Roman Hamrlik believes, Jaroslav Spacek believes, Gill believes, Markov believes, Halak believes

I believe no matter what and I have to thank you for the heart you showed, It is unbelieveable to watch, everybody in Montreal Must be proud COME ONE MONTREAL COME ON

155. lab says:

Positive vibes from Greece! Let’s do this boys!

156. HabFanSince72 says:

I agree the Habs deserve a standing O, but that lazy collection of clichés isn’t close to being a good article.

157. SeriousFan09 says:

Hey, who made room on the bandwagon for Todd? I told people to stop holding his seat.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

158. lavie says:

Let’s go back to the point, arguably the most important winning factor – Jaro HALAK!

Halak it tonight!

What is this crap we are hearing on the radio about hundreds of Mtl. police on stand by for after the game!!!?

How to get a riot going is to promote one well ahead. What media source is putting this crap out there. ??

160. bwoar says:

2 Horns up to you from the prairies of Canada!

Yes sir!

162. pmaraw says:

only hundreds of police?  they make it sound like a challenge

163. pmaraw says:

theres always room on the bandwagon!

164. OneTimer says:

I guess I meant, “Oh look, for once this guy isn’t writing total douchery. Good job Jack.”

165. lenny says:

i need a live chicken for my animal sacrafice to guarantee a Habs win tonight, doeas anyone have one?

166. Paulin98C says:

Je suis Mathieu Darche

Je suis Scott Gomez

Je suis Brian
    Gionta

Je suis Michael Cammalleri

Je suis Tomas Plekanec

Je
    suis Benoit Pouliot

……

……Andrei Kostitsyn ….

167. MikeMcLaren says:

Well, Ian – it’s definitely no secret they’re out there.

Fortunately, I’ve been to three playoff games this year in Montreal.  Unfortunately, they lost them all.  (Don’t worry folks, I’m not going to be there tonight!)

We were staying at the Hyatt, which is a fair walk from the Bell Centre – at Complex Desjardins on St. Jean Mance and between St. Catherine’s and Rene Levesque.

Walking back on Rene Levesque you could see SO many buses of SWAT guys in a staging area.  It was amazing how many there were.  A couple of medics in the back, and yes, the helicopter was overhead.

It’s a shame they have to even be there, but better to be prepared and step in quickly than let things escalate out of control to the point of individual injury and damages to businesses.

I was there when they rioted after the Game 7 win against the Bruins.  Or I should say I was there before the rioting started.  We decided to leave somewhat quickly after my Spidey Sense started tingling that the crowd wasn’t going to just maintain a peaceful and joyful state.  It’s weird, I just got a very bad vibe.

The a-holes who use these things as an excuse to riot will be out there, so best they be on the prowl for them.

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

168. Shublips says:

You’re 100% right!  Now is not the time to talk about what happens if they lose and what to do in the offseason.  Now is the time to cheer and to support our team because if there is one thing that is certain it is that THEY believe in themselves.

We should too.  Go habs go!

169. j2w4habs25 says:

I believe! :)

170. Storm Man says:

what did he have with his corn flakes today.

171. pmaraw says:

would crosby do?

172. mike g says:

That was some funny shiznits….

I couldn’t stop laughing, not to mention he looked ultra blazed…lolol

173. Storm Man says:

You forgot Je suis high.

174. lenny says:

yes a penguin will do just fine :)

175. HabFanSince72 says:

Fair enough.

176. nunacanadien says:

Remember, all we have to do is cheer on the mighty mites, Gomez and Gionta and they will roar back to life just like before, send the Smurfs your cheers!!!  Go Habs Go!!!  Come back and win another one!

177. Xtrahabsfan says:

Halak will get another  shutout tonight!And Crysby will be biatching till the sun blows out!

178. Shublips says:

In a series that has been tightly contested, I expect this one to be more of the same.

This has been a completely entertaining series and I think les boys can push this to seven, and maybe even take it.

If one thing is for sure, it is that this team believes in themeselves and believes that they can win this game AND the series.

You can’t overstate how important a factor that is in success!

179. pmaraw says:

i meant that crosby was a chicken :o  doh…

180. Slovak says:

Now I see why they activated police squads :-)))))))) I CAN FEEL THE ENERGY :))

181. j2w4habs25 says:

I totally AGREEE!

182. habber86 says:

Interesting stat… The last 6 times Montreal has been eliminated, it’s happened on home ice. The last 5 times the Penguins have advanced, it’s been on the road. Bizarre… Time to reverse those trends tonight!

183. mike g says:

Does Price believe?

What about Kirk, JM, and Perry Peeeeeeeern?

ahh, I’m gonna listen to Canada’s Olympic song from that 16 year old girl……”I belive in the power of u and I!!!!”.

184. secretdragonfly says:

Ha ha, classic.  What’s even funnier is that I checked it at 4:20 – maybe a sign?

185. Storm Man says:

Asking Meeker what he thinks about the Habs is like asking Kim Jong-il about world peace. The funny thing is both of them are little men talking big.

186. Slovak says:

You see? Price believes too :) I can see it on his attitude – I don’t have nothing against the boy – he will be fine – this is the breakpoint for him for sure… there are so many positive things coming from this playoff – they will show in the future…

187. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Wow, you live in Athens? That’s so cool …I mean – amusing.

188. Off-side says:

That’s right!  Why in God’s name are our players not in their net area??  How many times do I have to shout to Pouliot to get into the zone??  The only one who seems to do that is Gionta.  Arrrrggghhhhh….it really makes me mad.  Please Habs, if you are reading this, get in front of Fleury and stay there!

189. TripleX says:

Crosby has been totally shut down for probably the first time in his career by Pleks.  And you think he is floating???   Do you watch the games or just go by what other people are saying?

If Pleks neutralizes Crosby that is a positive for the team.  Unless you think Pleks should let Crosby go and try to outscore him.

Naming Pleks with Pouliot and AK is beyond idiotic dude.

190. Nina76 says:

did you say don’t give the refs any reason to call penalties???????? are you kidding me?????? Malkin already gave 2 slashes to one of our habs…..GUESS WHAT…………..SURPRISE SURPRISE……………NO CALL………………………..What a joke.see what happens in the second period the ref should have got out of the way when Cam could have scored his 2nd goal of the nite………..He did have a little talk with the ref after the 1st period………..The refs will do anything to stop us from winning..GO HABS GO!!!!!! WE LOVE YOU…………………….HIT THEM HARD RIGHT OUT OF THE BELL CENTER

191. tricolortrue says:

Markov is out for tonight. Gill and Spacek are game time decisions, meaning they’re playing.

if habs have any hope of winning, it’s imperative that habs put players in front of the net to screen Fleury, like the pens did. also please no stupid penalties. let’s not give the refs any reason to call a penalty. and habs need to score the 1st goal plus Halak, be at his best,no softies please.

any passengers, ie AK, Pouliot, Pleks, need to be benched if they do their floating.

192. habbyone says:

He needs to score. He’s doing a lot of things right but we need goals from him. He needs to get down and dirty and park his arse in fromt of MAF.

193. Storm Man says:

I would say 4 or 5 other guys on the team need to do that. I would like him to get goals also but if he shuts down 87 Im fine with that.

194. habbyone says:

Correct. There’s atlease 5 that can turn it up. I just felt Plecks could be one of them. He is playing great though. I agree.

195. HabFanSince72 says:

Are you saying point production is irrelevant? Or just that his great leadership skills and defensive prowess also need to be taken into consideration?

196. mike g says:

With a player like AK, it does come down to points production…

He doesn’t kill penalities. He doesn’t face the opposition’s top defensive pairing. He’s supposed to be a top 6 forward, play 5 on 5 hockey vs the opposition’s # 3 and 4 defenseman, and play powerplay’s. If he can’t produce playing those minutes, with Pleks and Cammy on his sides, he doesn’t have it.

I understand what you are saying, you think it would be dumb to give up on him. But admitt it, he’s given up on this team. He hasn’t showed up when it matters. Down the stretch, when we needed points to make the playoffs, he was invisible. In these playoffs, he’s been invisible. He’s had 2 games where he’s been physical and played well. 2 good games out of 12, not gonna cut it. Tom Pyatt has been a better player than him. Dominic Moore, Moen,  and Lappierre have had a bigger impacts than him in the playoffs. That can’t happen when you are given the opportunity to play with a 40 goal scorer (Cammy) and a 70 point centerman (Pleks).

It just doesn’t cut it. It’s not a slump, it’s a recurring trend. No excuses are needed. Remember Nikolai Zherdev, that’s who AK is.

197. Le Jadester says:

I can recall AK 46 beating Buffalo by himself after ripping through their D on a hard forecheck and rocking a Sabre on the boards, stealing the puck and centering Plekie for an easy goal. Final 1-0,I think it was the 3rd last game of the season.

As for Pyatt, Moore, Moen, and Lappy (not as much)…….they are all JM’s little coach’s pets. As for the big 3, Gomez, Gionta and Cammy they have to do what JM tells them because that’s why they are getting paid a shite load of money for. They have no leverage when it come’s to challenging the authority of the system and JM.

I hear ya when it comes to all this. I get frustrated watching too, but JM and “the tits” bros are like Oil and Vinager. My only critisism is that JM should be expected and is getting paid to utilize this talent and instead just banishes, because its the easiest thing to do and he’s old school.

Next year we’ll be a new year with new guys I’m sure and I hope we can go as far as possible this year, but we are doing it under-Man-ed

Just my obseravations but I am dilusional most of the time.

Habs, OLE !

198. mike g says:

It’s just that AK’s best hockey passes you by faster than a jet plane..

And when JM is paid to win games, he’s gonna do everything he can to win with his most inspired and work-hungry players. If the Habs have taught us anything in the past month, it’s that hard work and determination pays off. It really does.

We’ve seen none of that from AK.

199. arrow says:

I can’t wait! Is it game time yet? We need 2 quick goals by Cammi/Gio or Pleks. I don’t care who scores, just make it exciting! G-Men(Gorges+ Gill(if he plays)will shut down Cindy Crosby. PK will have an awesome game!

GO HABS GO!!

200. TripleX says:

Congratulations to Bobby Orr for finally getting a statue in front of the TD Garden in Boston.

201. Chuck says:

It should have happened when the real “Gah-den” was still standing.

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

202. adam76 says:

Larry Robinson was a better defenceman.

203. avatar_58 says:

Naw I don’t brag I just tell it like it is. I know I am overly negative. However I feel nothing but good things about tonight!!

(Course I’m probably wrong…..but that’s PESSIMISTIC!)

204. HugeHabsFan says:

Ok, so not bragging, but proudly admitting, lol.  Either way, it’s all good.  I’m very excited for tonight too.  I’m on my way out the door now for my son’s soccer game that ends at 7pm.  It’ll be a race home, lol.

Love your avatar, btw!

205. HugeHabsFan says:

You’re cracking me up!  Running around bragging that you’re a pessimist.  It’s pretty funny!

I’m glad you have a good feeling about tonight – when the pessimists are optomistic, it’s a great day! :o)

206. Fansincebirth says:

Does anyone know how serious the cut was on Gill?

Flesh wound or hanging on by a thread?

Wonder what kind of power he can generate?

207. Slovak says:

I would bet Plekanec will score tonight, this type of player still has its skills but Martin should consider to make some changes with people around him or move him… I don’t want to compare it but look at Hossa in Chicago or Demitra in Vancouver…look how they have played at Olympic and now… what’s wrong, you think they lost their magic from day to day? Sometimes just a simple little tinny change helps…

208. Storm Man says:

Who the hell is this clown on OTR?

209. DONJUAN says:

This could be it.  So thanks people for some laughs and stats thanks HIO for the INFO.  GO HABS GO!!! Let’s keep this going.

In HABS we trust.

210. dudurules says:

I AM SO GOSH DARN EXCITED FOR TONIGHT’S GAME.  I’M GOING NUTS AND CALMING MYSELF WATCHING MEGAN FOX VIDEOS.  C’MON BOYS GOHABSGO!

211. dudurules says:

212. Slovak says:

FIGHT LIKE THIS MONTREAL AND WE WILL HAVE GAME 7, COME ON BELIEVE:

213. avatar_58 says:

Mackenzie tweeted –

“Lou hasn’t asked, and I don’t suspect he will, but
    my first choice for NJD coach is John MacLean. If not him, tho, how
    about Kirk Muller.”

NO. Stay away from Kirk!

214. habber86 says:

so… when Fix You is played in the pre-game intro we’re 2-0 at home. City of blinding lights we’re 0-3. Last game they went back to Fix You, let’s hope they keep it that way…

215. KC64 says:

We can do this! Let’s give them all we’ve got. Gotta Believe! GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

216. j2w4habs25 says:

I am soo proud of my HABS no matter what happens tonight :) we been through this 3 times and yet Hockey is still being played in MTL today!… GO HABS GO!!

217. j2w4habs25 says:

I was thinking about that alittle awhile ago

218. HUDSONHAB says:

I’M SO EXCITED!!!!

GO HABS GO!!!!

….Hab4life….

219. anotherhab says:

I’m so excited I’m Scared!!!!  We will prevail tonite as we did in those three games where we had to against the Caps!!

“Go HABS Go!!

“I find your lack of faith disturbing” Darth V

220. Keith says:

Nice opening on CBC at least.

221. Keith says:

Big Hal’s a no go (((

222. volcano62 says:

Habs 5 – Pens 1

This is my game 6 prediction :)

223. mike g says:

- If he’s crying about Sergei being scratched all the time, he’s a douche. As a professional athelete, you have to be able to step onto that ice and live in the moment. Leave your problems at home. All that matters is you doing your job.

- If he knows he’s gone, and wants nothing to do with the club, scratch him like Sergei. I think the coaches would be able to see that, and do the same as they’re doing with SK. The way he plays sure indicates this, but he’s been playing likewise for almost 2 years now.

224. HabFanSince72 says:

Being a foreigner has nothing to do with it.

225. Le Jadester says:

You’re right from a managerial perspective and from the point of view of a supporter of Les Canadiens. But if you were in his shoes ?

Family comes first for some people and that’s that. Nothing else matters including your job, money etc.

As another Human being I can’t chirp AK for that.  As a Habs supporter I do all the time.

Habs, OLE !

226. Le Jadester says:

Perhaps you’re right.

I just assumed that most Canadians would prefer having born and bred Canadians earn 3.5 million and 800 000 at a job in their own country as opposed to foreigners making that kind of money.  But I guess they still do pay taxes, if that’s any consolation.

Habs, OLE !

227. ed lopaz says:

In this case – with the Kostytsin brothers- I think it has always been ALL ABOUT MONEY – and the “idea” that winning the Stanley cup is totally irrelevant to them.

That is what explains their terrible, selfish, play.

Not the coach.

Its about the money.

228. HabFanSince72 says:

Is Sergei increasing or decreasing his future earning potential with his recent play?

229. Slovak says:

No Crosby No Cry Lyrics

No Crosby, no cry (Repeat 4 times)

Said said
    Said I remember where HE used to sit
    on the Penguin’s bench known as Bylsma’s trench
    Oba, ob-serving the big Jaro in Habs nets
    Stopping every single shot he gets

OH good friends we can be, if you only let one softie for me
    OH good friends we can be, if you only let one softie for me
    But Jaro said said
    In this bright future Sid
    you just can’t forget your past
    So dry your tears I say

No Crosby, no cry
    No Crosby, no cry
    Oh my Little brother, don’t she’d no tears
    No Crosby, no cry
    No Crosby, no cry

Just don’t cry Sid just don’t cry tonight
    and everything’s gonna be alright

HABS WILL BE SAVED BY THE BELL BECAUSE JARO WILL SHAKE THE PENS TONIGHT

230. habzfan2003 says:

Let’s crunch some webbed feet with steel toe/nosed boots!!!

231. TripleX says:

Even Larry Robinson would laugh at that.

232. Ton says:

maybe larry was! a defencemen that is, but bobby orr was the best player ever.

233. marlboro says:

Gill will play tonight! “its just a cut” ha! that attitude is why we’re still here…There is no reason why we cant win! lets go boys!

234. pic1983 says:

The burning question for tonight: With no Hal Gill, no Andrei Markov, and perhaps a none-100% Jaroslav Spacek, will the magic finally run out?

Heres hoping the boys have a little bit of magic left in them!

I dont care if we lose after this round, I just really want the boys to knock Cindy Crybaby out of the playoffs!

Go habs go!

235. lenny says:

Dear AK46 and Pouliot.

Tonight may be our last game of the season. We hasve a very good chance of winning as we have shut down both Crosby and Malkin. However, it would be nice for you to show up as it is very hard to carry the burdern of providing all the offense. Just a reminder, we are playing at the Bell Center, puck drops around 7PM.

Hope to see u there.

Cammallerri, Gionta, and Gomez

PS, if you cant make it, might as well not show up next yr for training camp as well, have a great summer!!!

236. FSUPhi1584 says:

I had a dream last night that Pouliot scored off a rebound to win the game, and earlier nearly scored off a breakaway due to a turnover in the neutral zone

237. McPhee35 says:

If push comes to shove, i wouldn’t mind seeing Mara dress tonight if he’s healthy.  I know he’s like, a -45 on the season, but he’s full of what’s gotten our Habs this far, Heart.  He’d add some nice grit to our back end and give it all he’s got.

238. mike g says:

No, worong…

Its considered a monster season because of the player who did it. Pleks wasn’t supposed to be our #1 player, but he was a monster. Killed penalities constantly, and racked up 70 points playing without Cammy for 2 months, and juggling linemates the rest of the time…

If that’s not a monster season for Tomas, I don’t know what is. What I do know is that it’s not just because were in Montreal.

239. lavie says:

I say both Gill and Spacek are in.

240. kempie says:

Agree.

Green T-shirt power – activate!

241. FSUPhi1584 says:

I think at the very least we should have him on as a seventh D man to use in the PK

242. Duracell3 says:

The only bad part about that is he is playing with AK46 and Pouliot, not exactly shutdown city on the wings.

243. Slovak says:

COME ON MONTREAL PUT SOME “GABORIK SPEED” ON THE ICE TONIGHT

HABS WILL BE SAVED BY THE BELL BECAUSE JARO WILL SHAKE THE PENS TONIGHT

244. Kooch7800 says:

That would be sweet. Pouliot has all of the tools to be a Star in this league.  I hope they start working for him.

Ak46 exactly the same,  all the tools but the compete level is not there.  I would like to see Pouliot back next year. I say that they send Ak 46 packing though.

245. Laramy87 says:

Ill tell you what i love. Living in the suburbs or Toronto i am seeing habs car flags more and more each day. I have had mine up since about November when i got one, and i am not ready to take that down. GO HABS GO

246. Slovak says:

Why be scared? Fear kills heart – let’s do another consensus:

HAAAAABSOLUTELY NOOOOOOOOOOOO FEAAAAAAAAAAAR

247. Plek-Andrew says:

This year, the Habs have far exceeded ANYONE’S expectations. I think that’s the general consensus around the league and even here on H I/O…

However, I’m under the impression that another consensus is that they will be eliminated tonight… Let’s honestly HOPE NOT!!!

habs in 7… please God?

Habs romance remix!

248. avatar_58 says:

What consensus? Like I said I’m a HUGE pessimist and even *I* have a good feeling about tonight.

249. devils_fury2 says:

Yep Montreal is losing 3-2 in the series and its all Andrei Kostitsyns fault…Yep he is surely floating… and yeah he is only in the NHL for the money, he doesn’t give a darn about a Stanley Cup…..what ever,  Andrei is playing just as well as anyone else……Why aren’t u guys in the NHL playing for the Habs if u guys think you’re so good to pin point a certain player weather or not he has lived up to expectations in ur mind….u guys jealous perhaps

About Mathieu Darche, I really like the guy and I think he’s been solid each and every game he’s played

250. mike g says:

OK, who are you his dad?

See that phrase you wrote on the bottom, the one about Matty Darche? Well, I dare you to replace his name with Andrei’s.

See if you can repeat it without “laughing out loud”. I just tried, it’s impossible.

251. jrshabs1 says:

EASY!!!! We don’t need that today..c’mon my Habs brother only positive vibes today..it’s an important day.

252. Slovak says:

Everybody I know in Slovakia like Jaro Halak as a person and mostly the ones that met him, all slovak players like him: Chara, Satan, Gaborik, Budaj, Hossa, Kopecky, Demitra, Handzus, Palfy, Bondra, Sekera, etc. I did not meet him and I did not meet anybody from the team but the spirit of this HABS team took over me completely – I can compare this only to emotions for slovak olympic team…

SLOVAK BELIEVES

253. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Yes, my dear Slovak friend, GO HABS GO!!

254. Drive4twenty5 says:

Hey does anyone know where they will be streaming the game tonight? Preferably RDS, but doesn’t really matter… I’m forced to work, need a solid stream.

Thanks…..GoHabsGo

“Well, he’s a thoroughbred, and maybe your wife doesn’t recognize that, but then again, I can’t bake bread all that well. We all have different skills.” …Bob Gainey “Classic”

255. TripleX says:

Darche?  Darche in place of Pouliot?  Darche?  The Darche not good enough to play in two consecutive games while dressed.  That Darche?  DARCHE?

Really JM?  Do we really need MORE defensive players gettting major ice time?  Is it more defense or maybe a little offense that we need?  DARCHE???

ps  JM mentioned the big problem last game is that the team went away from the SYSTEM after they were down by one then two goals….WTF???   excuse me but the SYSTEM can’t deal when the team is behind….and JM wants the team to continue to play shut down defense when they are behind by two goals in the third?????

256. G-Man says:

You know. Darche. The guy that helped Laps tie the game the other night while Pouliot floated around?

257. The Cat says:

Who cares about offense! Let Jaro get peppered -it works!

258. Shublips says:

Having Gill back in the lineup would be heavenly!  Anything is better than MAB who now seems to be paired with O’Byrne.

It’s getting tense….can’t wait!  Here’s a little pregame reading to tide you over:

259. Shublips says:

260. mike g says:

If our boys are gonna come out on top tonight, one if not a few of these passengers must be factors….

MA Bergeron

Pouliot

AK46

Moen

Pleks

If one of those guys doesn’t score, we don’t win. It’s that simple, you can’t keep hanging on to hopes of Gio and Cammy scoring the goals.

261. TripleX says:

I really have to laugh at how people like you and Mr. Boone are throwing Pleks under the bus as an underperforming bust with his 9 points in 12 games.

The 8 million dollar man is a revelation and what a gamer with his 8 points in 12 games.  WTF??

Has Gomez EVER been a game changer in the regular season let alone the playoffs?

Has Pleks been a playoff dynamo offensively?  No.  But he has shut down the TWO best players in the world in consecutive series.  What other centre has managed to do that?

Gomez has played on the TOP PP unit and has LESS points than Pleks.  If Pleks is a bust then what is Gomez at his salary?

262. lenny says:

Id rather have Darche on the ice then AK46 and Pouliot. He does the dirty work like crashing the net. Both AK46 and Pouliot need a map to find the front of the net….

263. KenD29 says:

Agreed. Him or Moen …

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

264. alestar says:

AK46 for sure, he’s totally floating, its so frustrating to watch. Pouliot is at least giving some effort, but its clearly a confidence thing with him, its like he’s afraid to handle the puck.

I like Darche, he’s a character role player type that you need in the play-offs and he plays big.

XXIV…and counting

265. Slovak says:

Well I don’t hate him, but tonight I wish him and the whole Pens team this simple thing: