Audio: Gill skates briefly after a.m. warmup

AUDIO: Jacques Martin | Michael Cammalleri | Mathieu Darche | Ryan O’Byrne

Hal Gill, nursing a cut to a leg after a Game 5 collision with Penguins’ Chris Kunitz, skated briefly following the Canadiens’ morning workout at the Bell Centre and said he hopes to play tonight in Game 6. Head coach Jacques Martin said a decision will be made on Gill’s availability following tonight’s pregame warmup.

Jaroslav Spacek is a game-time decision, and Martin has ruled out Andrei Markov tonight. Asked whether he might use seven defencemen should both Gill and Spacek be ready to go, the coach said, “Everything is possible.”

Markov skated, in equipment, before the team, as did fellow D Paul Mara.

Lines used this morning: Darche – Gomez – Gionta; Cammalleri – Plekanec – A. Kostitsyn; Pouliot – Moore – Lapierre; Moen – Metropolit – Pyatt

The blueline pairings – Gorges – Subban; Bergeron – O’Byrne; Hamrlik – Spacek

1. Bugs says:

Ok.

Then pretend your favourite ever, bestest sports editorialist asked the question: was Ovi more dangerous against us in the playoffs or Sid?

Superfluously redundant, I remain

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Assistant-Director of St-Habbie’s Hospital for the Blind, Head Physician of Neuroflannelogy Unit, and Occupational Therapist in Habsbros Emergency Ward: http://habsbros.blogspot.com/

2. Bugs says:

Okaaaay.

So does that mean you think Ovi was more dangerous against us or Sid?

Superfluously redundant, I remain

3. Bugs says:

Mee-ow. Sheesh. Beside the point.

Question was: who was more dangerous against us in the playoffs, Ovi or Sid?

Don’t make it into something it ain’t.

Superfluously redundant, I remain

4. The Teacher says:

If Ovi didn’t score he wasn’t helping out in most other facets. If Sid doesn’t score, he’s out in the last minute of the game to win a faceoff, he helps in many other ways.Sid is so far above Ovi it’s not even funny. I’ll take substance over flash, thank you very much.

I am not surprised of your opinion between the two given that you loved Kovalev.

I think Ovechkin is a great scorer, don’t get me wrong, but a great player? Not if defence is included into the equation.

5. Topham says:

Defence is about good judgment. And as your sign off states, good judgment comes from experience. Vertigo can play with the fitness, but probably not his experience.

What’s more, given the lies we’ve been fed about injuries thus far, why should anyone believe Spacek ever had a virus?

6. Topham says:

7. Say Ash says:

I still hate him.

8. HabFanSince72 says:

Reading Rejean Tremblay is like deliberately stepping in a dog turd.

Anything he says about Crosby, Price, or anyone is colored by his anglophobia.

9. Bugs says:

Pauvre gosse.

Superfluously redundant, I remain

10. Bugs says:

Am I the only who thinks “spatch” sounds like some kind of mess you make in your pants?

Superfluously redundant, I remain

11. habs4ever2894 says:

Ward was in 2006 in the first round when justin williams took out koivu. Im talking about 2002 when we played them in the 2nd round and had a 2-1 series advantage and we blew it . Carolina ended up winning game six 8-2 at the bell.

12. Bugs says:

Come out strong and play like Calgary is what we should do, right Timo?

Lotsa offence like the Flamers put up, maybe we can be good like them one day.

We’re tryin. We’re tryin, Timo.

Superfluously redundant, I remain

13. SLONCOLD says:

lol i give them 20 minutes of offense in the last 4 games

14. Habs Proud says:

Great to have Spacek back in the lineup, good solid D as long as too much rust hasn’t built up from missing 8 or 10 games, especially if Gill can’t go or is limited to how much he can play.

15. habfan53 says:

I would not read Tremblay if he were the only writer covering the Canadiens

16. Say Ash says:

We were up 2-0 coming home, and then…Cam Ward! I hate that SOB!

17. TripleX says:

If he did indeed have severe vertigo caused by an inner ear infection that would mean bed rest and not much food intake.  He will have lost weight and fitness levels.  I had that same thing and for a long time after bending over quickly and fast head movement could bring on vertigo.  If he plays that is unbelievable but to expect him to be as effective as before is stretching it.

“Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.”

18. SLONCOLD says:

for the folks praying about a markov return, just drop it… he’s not coming back this year. No doctor would recommend playing with this injury. too much risk to the rest of the knee and although braces help, they do not by any means replace the torn acl.

without an acl, you CAN NOT pivot. especially at the speed and torq a elite athlete requires.

19. habs4ever2894 says:

just like carolina in 2002 …. that would be brutal

20. Slovak says:

I wonder,

why not give each Habs player an extra puck that he can take out from the pocket or pants or anywhere in the front of MAF and shoot… referees out there seem to be so concentrated at Sid (is he already crying or not?) that they will not even notice, which puck is right, right? :)

Come on Montreal, don’t be scared of bunch of kids

21. pmaraw says:

it is too bad we didnt win in 4, crosby could play in that tourney also

22. Jbird says:

So Spatch and Gill game time decision and Markov is out.  From Dave on twitter.

I think having spatch in is huge.

23. pmaraw says:

and….. he’s rested!

24. pmaraw says:

Punerific!!!

25. Storm Man says:

I see you get some computer time at the regional correctional centre, Im glad to see my tax dollers are well spent.

26. longtimehabsfan says:

Gill on the ice, Stubbs just tweeted.

27. Kooch7800 says:

That sucks!!!!!!!!!

28. Storm Man says:

Hmmmmm La Presse and alot of crap in the same post, I say that is about right.

29. Topham says:

Spacek alone is a huge addition. Even without his displays vs. Ovechkin, the guy was an absolute star on D for the Habs this year.

I’ve been keeping some numbers on the team for the whole year and Spacek is tops in many categories, including ESGF (that is goals he’s been on the ice for). Read more on Spacek’s merits for tonight’s game here.

30. HugeHabsFan says:

Still a good point though.  :o)

……….. “Thank you Cammy for making my day even more amazing!” I STILL BELIEVE. I WILL ALWAYS BELIEVE.

31. Habs64 says:

Pens 8 Habs 2

32. Bugs says:

I heard that. That’s nuts.

Darche??? No! Jack! Noooooo…

Why not Moen? It WORKED with Moen. Saw it with our own eyes. Game 5 Washy. It WORKED. Moen.

Darche???

Superfluously redundant, I remain

33. Bugs says:

Read Reggie Tremble’s piece in La Presse. Brought up sumpin interestin.

In our series vs Cappers and Pittsburgher, who was most dangerous? Ovi or Sid?

Huh? See?

Ovi got a lot of crap. A LOTTA crap.

Sid ain’t gettin no crap. Total gyp.

Superfluously redundant, I remain

34. pmaraw says:

sorry!!!!!

35. pmaraw says:

his name is BJ, not JM <insert gratuitous joke here>

36. BJ says:

I believe its the official one for tonight

37. Storm Man says:

I hope that is not tonights line up.

38. SLONCOLD says:

Noticed last game that the habs looked like they were just changing lines and dumping the puck for like 45 minutes or so. Hopefully the last change will give us an advantage.

39. Slovak says:

Travis Moen – Glen Metropolit – Tom Pyatt

Defense:

Josh Gorges – P.K. Subban
    Marc-André Bergeron – Ryan O’Byrne
    Roman Hamrlik – Jaroslav Spacek

41. HabFanSince72 says:

he wasn’t bad in the last game. Better than O’Byrne.

42. HabFanSince72 says:

At least ther is a chance AK46 or Pouliot will score a goal.

In anmy case it is a moot point since Gill is not playing.

43. HugeHabsFan says:

Do you really think so??  I have to believe that Darche is more valuable than Pouliot or AK46 at this point, no?

44. lenny says:

Does anybody have a live chicken…I need it for my sacrafice ritualy for a win tonight….

45. Storm Man says:

Watch his movies.

46. Shublips says:

Any reinforcements on D that would allow the Habs to see LESS of Marc-Andre Bergeron, will be a good thing.

Anyone….MAB is simply horrific on the ice and lately is not even producing on the power play, which means that he is has now become COMPLETELY useless.  At least when his shot was going, there was one dimension to his game.  Right now, he has zero dimensions to his game!

Habs Addict.com http://www.HabsAddict.com on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Habs-Addict/293450486615 on Twitter: http://twitter.com/HabsAddict on Hockeybuzz.com: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_archive.php?blogger_id=137

47. Storm Man says:

I would be happy to sit all three, But when it comes down to it need to put pucks in the net. I would have to sit Darche great guy but that is about it.

48. Slovak says:

i BELIEVE THE HABS WILL WIN TONIGHT

NO MATTER WHAT PLASTIC HEAD SAYS :))

49. Storm Man says:

WOW 77,803 to watch Germany beat the States 2-1 in hockey. I wonder how much beer was sold that night.

50. HabFanSince72 says:

Gotta be Darche.

51. pmaraw says:

I BELIEVE THE HABS WILL WIN TONIGHT!!!!!

I BELIEVE THE HABS WILL WIN TONIGHT!!!!!

I BELIEVE THE HABS WILL WIN TONIGHT!!!!!

I BELIEVE THE HABS WILL WIN TONIGHT!!!!!

I BELIEVE THE HABS WILL WIN TONIGHT!!!!!

52. pmaraw says:

and how do we check your record?

53. Slovak says:

Habs will win tonight.

Cindy will cry again

and mongoloid Gino will have to give Sid a kiss to stop crying.

IF PENS ARE SO STRONG, WHY ARE THEY STILL SHAKING IN 2nd ROUND against the outsider??? Why are they so happy, if they win by inch – they should be winning by light years right??? WAKE UP PLASTIC HEAD

I BELIEVE THE HABS WILL WIN TONIGHT

I BELIEVE THE HABS WILL WIN TONIGHT

I BELIEVE THE HABS WILL WIN TONIGHT

COME ON

54. mike g says:

How is your record flawless?

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

55. AndyF says:

:-)  I like your style, ths.

Go, Habs, Go!

AndyF

http://andyfroncioni.com – Site of Aerolab

56. HugeHabsFan says:

Agreed.  Just wondering though if it’ll be Pouliot or AK46.  I tend to lean toward Pouliot too, due to his recent play, but AK46 isn’t much behind.  We’ll see who survives the cut!

57. ths says:

Check my record so far its flawless 😉

Off to bed boys waking up at 6 AM for Habs and Beeer

Lauche Pas

Ooh Aah Habs on the war path

58. kempie says:

Oooooooh, I’d like to but I’m kinda using mine.

59. kempie says:

This is the truth. Just ask Boone. Pens are too strong, too deep and too skilled to lose tonight. We have no chance.

60. jimmy shaker says:

I guess these are going to be Jaro’s two biggest games of his life.  He already had the three biggest games of his life…..but now we need to add two more to that column.  I think he has the right gumption to go out there and totally wall-up the penguins.  If the boys can get 2 or 3 goals tonight past MAF tonight, we’ll be talking Wednesday night.  Gill will play and so will Spacek, so who comes out?  Darche, Pouliot or AK46.  Me thinks pouliot is the odd man out tonight!

“Lets put the woman and children to bed and go looking for dinner”

Shaker

61. G-Man says:

On this 10th of May that no one expected the Habs to be playing, I say pfffttt! to you and your pathetic prediction.
    Ha!

62. ths says:

Habs won’t win tonight.

Cindy gets a hat trick

Gino gets hat trick

Check my record Im always right.

Ooh Aah Habs on the war path

63. Tharsis says:

———————————-

Fate leads the willing, and drags along the reluctant.

64. Say Ash says:

Attention Organ Doners: Sami Salo needs your help now!

65. Slovak says:

i BELIEVE THE HABS WILL WIN TONIGHT

i BELIEVE THE HABS WILL WIN TONIGHT TOO :)

HABS WILL BE SAVED BY THE BELL BECAUSE JARO WILL SHAKE THE PENS TONIGHT